Thread: Help me determine type

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Help me determine type

Hello everyone, I can't find any questionnaires here to answer so I'm going to post some info here and hope it can help you guys out. Basically, I think I understand Socionics well, and have shown it to people I know IRL including my co-workers some friends and girlfriend and they seem to have a decent understanding as well, but I'd like to know what the experts think. I want to hear the opinion of people who have been reading this longer than I have. Which unfortunately none of the people I mentioned before have. None of them were looking at Socionics until I showed it to them. I can provide images of myself as well for VI purposes or answer specific questions any user would like to provide to help determine my information processing.

Basically, I think I'm ESTp- SE sub. My enneagram is 8w7 6w7 4w5 Sx first acording to mulitple online and tritype tests. I also read many descriptions and think the behavior is in line with how I act.

I've taken many tests of socionics, read many threads and usually settle on ESTp. But then there come times where I doubt myself on it being my type. They seem more daring and doing than I am. There are many things I wish I could just do like clean my house or dishes instead of sitting here typing this thread, but here I am. About to go fire up a joint once I'm done then maybe start cleaning after hanging out a bit.

I do believe I am ESTp though because : I love to work out. First thing I did today was grab a coffee and hit the gym after getting out of bed. I follow a strict diet in order to maximize my fat loss while mainitng muscle at the moment and in a few months will switch to bulking. I have no issue switching my diet and what I eat in honor of my workout goal. My manager laughs at how I can eat the same thing everyday for lunch ( 2 ham wraps with lettuce no cheese or dressing) because of how committed I am to the results. I love 2 eat, love a nice big expensive meal, but I can easily suck this up in order to pursue my goal. Which is to get stronger, better looking, better shape and feel better about myself. I like to make people feel my presnece.. I can't stand bullies or phonies. I'm very good at seeing right through people and people fronting like their tough guys in order to scare/intimidate the ones who are weak drives me insane. I love nothing more than getting right near the prick and letting them feel my presence. I usually don't even have to look at them or say anything. They just see me and feel me and straighten up towards everyone.

I also find myself in control a lot without even trying to establish control. At work my manager comes to me for advice on how to manage the rest of the team lol. I just come somewhere and I immediately feel like people in the environment are submitting to my control. mind you I don't think I'm doing anything to establish it. Maybe subconsciously. But i don't really desire to control the people around me, I just want to let them know I will not be controlled or harmed by them.Though I guess I can see how unconsciously this leads me to control my surrounding without even realizing it. Since what better way to avoid being controlled than taking it yourself right? The few that don't, I don't care to make them do it and will usually just not really talk to them much anyway, however if they come to me and try to take control of me, I don't know what it is. I just don't care and don't let them do it. I don't fight for control back but they usually end up giving their own to me after trying to take it from me. Does this point to strong Se+Ti?

Reasons I don't think I'm ESTp:

I can be very engaged, but at times I become withdrawn in my head and its hard to snap out of it. And when I'm there its bad. I dont have the control and power I love to have in my environment. I feel like people can bully or hurt me because I'm not at my finest. I know if they try I will fuck them up it's not a worry to me, but I just have this fear like I'm coming off inadequate and not as powerful as I really am which will lead to them trying me which lead to me saying or doing something very ruthless to make them fuck off and remind them and everyone around us I am not to be fucked with. However I enjoy days when I just come off so engaged and confident that people are afraid to even try it. When I am in the confident mood, I can deflect any talk with a joke or a stern statement. However when I am negative and withdrawn like that, I can literally say something as bad as "get the fuck out of my face before I choke you out" which is why I withdraw. To avoid the potential legal and societal repercussions of acting such a way. I'm 25 and work full time. I can't be getting into scraps over bullshit. Though if it were legal or socially acceptable I would have no issue and would even find pleasure in punching some entitled jerk off in the face to make them wake the fuck up and smell realty. I had a rough upbringing at home and school and I think it lead to this perspective I have. This isn't often but this withdrawn state can lasts for a week at a time. usually meditating or getting really drunk and stoned snaps me out of it. It's almost like this build up of tension and negativity and I let it withdraw me so that I don't walking around slamming every asshole that pisses me off into the wall by their throat lol.

When I read descriptions on this website http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/types/SLE-ESTp/ I see a lot of myself throughout things like Fi and Ne Ni Te. However the way it describes Se lead doesn't totally sound like me. In fact I kind of sound ENFj based on the descriptions there. I don't know. I always thought I had Ti ego. However once we look at VI or subtype descriptions, I sound just like an ESTp SE sub and Vi a lot like Matt Dillon, Mussolini some what, this guy Suso who plays soccer (saw on a socionics gallery under ESTps) and according to my girlfriend like Marlon Brando. Which I don't see personally but I definetely see Suso and Matt Dillon.

The route I went to decide ESTp was.. I looked at some dichotomies, and although I couldn't determine myself on most some things I noticed for sure are:
    I am consturctivist and I am negativist. Also believe I am irrational and static. Which leaves a few types. ENFp and ESTp basically. No way I'm an introvert.

But yeah.. thats all I really have for now I'd love to answer more questions to help the forum better understand how I process info.
    Last edited by kingslayer; 01-08-2019 at 09:31 PM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I’m tagging your thread to ask you questions when I get a chance
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    I’m tagging your thread to ask you questions when I get a chance

Cool, thanks! Will be checking back later.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

The first stereotype that I come across is that ESTp is daring and doing. Se is a perception function. It seeks external impressions and the second function Ti analysis and brings logic. Many many SLE mistype as LII because so many view themselves as introverts (in their head, needing alone time, needing their own space). The reality is they are not introverts because their energy flows out. An example of this is an SLE who travels. They may not engage in a personal conversation with new people but they view maps on the train and read maps and go do things like historical places (the Shakespeare theatre in London comes to mind). No one person can be completely extroverted. So they do disingage with watching a show or a movie that they enjoy. Now the question comes to how can you tell that they aren’t introverts? Because their energy flows outward. They do way more than I can ever because of expansive energy however then you may ask “how much more is considered Se?” The SLE hardly talks so is that still Se? No the Se is in being engaged in some activity (s) for a very long time (being a long time patron of the Theater, rowing as a sport, coding).
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The first stereotype that I come across is that ESTp is daring and doing. Se is a perception function. It seeks external impressions and the second function Ti analysis and brings logic. Many many SLE mistype as LII because so many view themselves as introverts (in their head, needing alone time, needing their own space). The reality is they are not introverts because their energy flows out. An example of this is an SLE who travels. They may not engage in a personal conversation with new people but they view maps on the train and read maps and go do things like historical places (the Shakespeare theatre in London comes to mind). No one person can be completely extroverted. So they do disingage with watching a show or a movie that they enjoy. Now the question comes to how can you tell that they aren’t introverts? Because their energy flows outward. They do way more than I can ever because of expansive energy however then you may ask “how much more is considered Se?” The SLE hardly talks so is that still Se? No the Se is in being engaged in some activity (s) for a very long time (being a long time patron of the Theater, rowing as a sport, coding).
    I see what you're saying. I can be very talkative and very quiet. It depends really. Usually I'm talkative around people I like. But I definitely need alone time. I love to smoke weed at the end of the day and just kinda withdraw in my head when I'm high and either play a video game or read reddit or the socionics forum. When I travel I very rarely talk to people outside of who I am there with. In fact I get annoyed when outside groups try to talk to us most times. I love enjoying the scenery and culture of the new place I'm at.. Like I kinda just take it all in. My last trip was to Los Angeles with my girlfriend. We did stuff all day long. We never just really sat down and relaxed and spent as little time as possible in our hotel. Even on the beach I wanted to walk up and down the shore smoking my blunt instead of sitting in a chair. We were always driving to another beach or attraction to check out.

TIM
    Something with Ni
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm no expert, but

Quote Originally Posted by kingslayer View Post
    I've taken many tests of socionics, read many threads and usually settle on ESTp. But then there come times where I doubt myself on it being my type. They seem more daring and doing than I am. There are many things I wish I could just do like clean my house or dishes instead of sitting here typing this thread, but here I am. About to go fire up a joint once I'm done then maybe start cleaning after hanging out a bit.
    Won't say what I think your type is, but SLE is Si ignoring, and if you're SP last that alone can explain the shit housekeeping. I don't typically clean anything outside of what's necessary to make use of it (eg. cleaning dishes to cook again, cleaning an area to work out in).

I can be very engaged, but at times I become withdrawn in my head and its hard to snap out of it. And when I'm there its bad. I dont have the control and power I love to have in my environment. I feel like people can bully or hurt me because I'm not at my finest. I know if they try I will fuck them up it's not a worry to me, but I just have this fear like I'm coming off inadequate and not as powerful as I really am which will lead to them trying me which lead to me saying or doing something very ruthless to make them fuck off and remind them and everyone around us I am not to be fucked with.
    Vulnerable Fi can make for a socially withdrawn or unsavvy extrovert. Mobilizing Fe can result in a lot of frustration trying to create an Fe environment that an SLE values, but failing to do so because Fe for SLE stops at the normative--they fall into socially permitted roles of Fe expression. The lack of control over the emotional/expressive environment is blue-balls

However when I am negative and withdrawn like that, I can literally say something as bad as "get the fuck out of my face before I choke you out" which is why I withdraw. To avoid the potential legal and societal repercussions of acting such a way. I'm 25 and work full time. I can't be getting into scraps over bullshit.
    See above with 2-dimensional, and potentially 1-dimensional Fe with the urge of inappropriate outbursts.

When I read descriptions on this website http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/types/SLE-ESTp/ I see a lot of myself throughout things like Fi and Ne Ni Te. However the way it describes Se lead doesn't totally sound like me.
    Which function(s) do you think you internally understand the least? Have you looked at all at Hidden Agendas and Se creative?
    "I would rather be ashes than dust"

"Ultimately, man should not ask what the meaning of his life is, but rather he must recognize that it is he who is asked."

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oppai Anschluss View Post
    I'm no expert, but

Won't say what I think your type is, but SLE is Si ignoring, and if you're SP last that alone can explain the shit housekeeping. I don't typically clean anything outside of what's necessary to make use of it (eg. cleaning dishes to cook again, cleaning an area to work out in).

Vulnerable Fi can make for a socially withdrawn or unsavvy extrovert. Mobilizing Fe can result in a lot of frustration trying to create an Fe environment that an SLE values, but failing to do so because Fe for SLE stops at the normative--they fall into socially permitted roles of Fe expression. The lack of control over the emotional/expressive environment is blue-balls

See above with 2-dimensional, and potentially 1-dimensional Fe with the urge of inappropriate outbursts.

Which function(s) do you think you internally understand the least? Have you looked at all at Hidden Agendas and Se creative?
    I have looked into ne polr and relate to it a lot in fact.. possibly more than fi polr. I also thing I relate to fe Ha though. I love attention. Especially from beautiful women. I like to be admired as well. Though I consider this weaknesses in myself. The need for admiration and attention..

A lot of my withdrawal issues I think stem from a fe ha. On days that I feel like I need attention i find it so weak of myself that I need attention in order to feel adequate but can't deny that I need it so i withdraw from the internal conflict affecting my external behavior.

I am finding a lot relatable to the low fe and fi you are writing though.. the blurting and withdrawal sound exactly like what I wrote

I'm no longer at my pc but when I get back I'll read those functions again and let you know

TIM
    Something with Ni
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have looked into ne polr and relate to it a lot in fact.. possibly more than fi polr. I also thing I relate to fe Ha though. I love attention. Especially from beautiful women. I like to be admired as well. Though I consider this weaknesses in myself. The need for admiration and attention..

A lot of my withdrawal issues I think stem from a fe ha. On days that I feel like I need attention i find it so weak of myself that I need attention in order to feel adequate but can't deny that I need it so i withdraw from the internal conflict affecting my external behavior.

I am finding a lot relatable to the low fe and fi you are writing though.. the blurting and withdrawal sound exactly like what I wrote

I'm no longer at my pc but when I get back I'll read those functions again and let you know
    Sure thing, man. You may have read this already. Written by an SLE-Ti so may not be totally applicable to an SLE-Se but might be worth looking at to see what resonates. For me it was the weak and unflattering things that were hardest to admit to that clued me into Fi PoLR. The "Nuh uh....okay, fine, yeah, that's true" stuff http://wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=SLE_observations

This also helped out getting a few things sorted out once I had a better frame of reference with other types when it comes to 2-dimensional vs 1-dimensional. I had typed myself LSI-Se for a while but I'm definitely more expressive and open than 1D Fe's. http://en.socionicasys.org/bibliotek...9mQW7l4p9NYhv4

What's your decision making progress like, for the most part? Do you determine a goal and then bring about concerted force to accomplish it, or are you more about identifying a goal and then subsequently identifying the means to accomplish it?

Do you feel like you have a harder time getting a fuller understanding of Fe or Ni? Or something else?

Are you easily led along by surface/explicit indications of friendliness?

"Ultimately, man should not ask what the meaning of his life is, but rather he must recognize that it is he who is asked."

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I have noticed you worry about or reference to “strength “ and you say “weak” several times now. Would you please expand on that? Do you want to be seen as strong? Does it worry when you are not? Build a story about where that comes from
    -

TIM
    D-ESI-Se 1w2
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clearly, You're not new here, but You're new to me, so welcome, mate!

I'd have to get to know You more to hand out a typing confidently, but I can certainly double down on Your being an Enneagram 8 primary, and a very 2 Integrated one at that (A healthy 8). I've not seen a more explicitly justice championing 8 before--justice not in the abstract, but in the immediate sense of using Your own strength to come to the aid of others, putting cowards in their place for the greater good, etc--so Your OP was a very refreshing read. I think it's easier to infer Your Enneagram placement moreso than Your type, as You speak much of motivations, which Enneagram largely governs; there is of course pretty strong correlations between the two systems, but Your Socionics type isn't as clear to me as Your Enneagram. Your discipline and assertiveness is clear, the latter reflected in no small part by Your Enneagram.

At a cursory glance SLE-Se and LSI-Se seem the most likely to me. It may also be worthwhile to read on SEE and ESI, for deduction's sake, if nothing else. Eliminating possibilities is important so we can focus on the probable. At the very least, Your being an Se valuer seems clear, and Se ego seems highly probable.

For Reference:
    SLE Overview - SLE Subtypes
    LSI Overview - LSI Subtypes
    SEE Overview - SEE Subtypes
    ESI Overview - ESI Subtypes

If You could do us all a favor - this is a test I often recommend peers. Be sure to leave it set to the "Extended Socionics Test" , and pay mind to and be as precise as You can with the sliders. I have studied this test a good deal, and even small differences are reflected in the results. The test is broken into three parts, each dynamically changing contingent upon Your answers, to pinpoint Your valued IEs. No test is perfect, but it can point many in the right direction at the least, and my own results have been very consistent. Post Your results in the thread when You're able.

This might also be fun to evaluate

You seem like a great man, Kingslayer. I hope this is of some assistance, and I'm lookin' forward to how this shakes out. Best of luck, lad.
    "We live in an age in which there is no heroic death."

Model A: ESI-Se -
    DCNH: Dominant

Enneagram: 1w2, 2w1, 6w7
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/So

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I see what you're saying. I can be very talkative and very quiet. It depends really. Usually I'm talkative around people I like. But I definitely need alone time. I love to smoke weed at the end of the day and just kinda withdraw in my head when I'm high and either play a video game or read reddit or the socionics forum. When I travel I very rarely talk to people outside of who I am there with. In fact I get annoyed when outside groups try to talk to us most times. I love enjoying the scenery and culture of the new place I'm at.. Like I kinda just take it all in. My last trip was to Los Angeles with my girlfriend. We did stuff all day long. We never just really sat down and relaxed and spent as little time as possible in our hotel. Even on the beach I wanted to walk up and down the shore smoking my blunt instead of sitting in a chair. We were always driving to another beach or attraction to check out.
    Here’s a good definition of Se “Introduction to Se

Extroverted sensing is an extroverted, irrational, and static information element. It is also called Se, F, volitional sensing, or black sensing. Se includes the ability to attain high level of awareness of the physical aspects of one's reality, to know how much physical force or power is latent or required, to be able to accurately estimate properties of material sort. Types that strongly value Se are much more comfortable taking concrete actions to change their physical surroundings. This may at times be perceived as disruptive and abrasive, particularly by Ne-types who feel that abrupt changes in their physical surrounding ruins their balance. In Se-quadras, interaction takes a more blunt and direct forms, resulting in a much strongly impacting physical atmosphere than Si-valuing types prefer. Se-types enjoy discussing possibilities but only if there is concrete gain from it, or it holds the potential to impact the "the real world". Unlike Si, which is about one's subjective sensory experience (how intense or enjoyable it is), Se is about achieving an object of desire. It gives one the ability to influence, bend, and push concrete situations and people in order to achieve such an object, rather than to subjectively assess the situation one is in.”

Yes when you travel if you are indeed and Se base you would be trying to gain awareness of your surroundings (you can see how that involves little talking and much observation giving way to confusion about one’s type). As far as pushing and bending that also comes with the degree knowledge that they feel comfortable in. My SLE friend is quite strongly assertive in the areas which she has a lot of knowledge otherwise she’s watching and learning and usually not in a combative mode.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

This is Se "letting them feel my presence" (Se is more about presence, energy, etc)

You are definitely SLE

You have that protective nature and your words have a lot of values behind them.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 01-09-2019 at 08:17 AM.
    -

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You do sound roughly like an Se leading type, or possibly Se mobilizing. Some things might actually point more to SEE, like the idea of cutting jerks down to size. But if you're really having trouble I'd suggest doing the questionnaire in my signature.

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oppai Anschluss View Post
    Sure thing, man. You may have read this already. Written by an SLE-Ti so may not be totally applicable to an SLE-Se but might be worth looking at to see what resonates. For me it was the weak and unflattering things that were hardest to admit to that clued me into Fi PoLR. The "Nuh uh....okay, fine, yeah, that's true" stuff http://wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=SLE_observations

This also helped out getting a few things sorted out once I had a better frame of reference with other types when it comes to 2-dimensional vs 1-dimensional. I had typed myself LSI-Se for a while but I'm definitely more expressive and open than 1D Fe's. http://en.socionicasys.org/bibliotek...9mQW7l4p9NYhv4

What's your decision making progress like, for the most part? Do you determine a goal and then bring about concerted force to accomplish it, or are you more about identifying a goal and then subsequently identifying the means to accomplish it?

Do you feel like you have a harder time getting a fuller understanding of Fe or Ni? Or something else?

Are you easily led along by surface/explicit indications of friendliness?
    Hmmm. I definitely relate to a lot of the stuff with Se in that article. I actually relate to this. I don't feel the need to have to breathe fire or get really loud to get my point across. Of course if provoked or necessary I do so, and have done so at times I shouldn't have lol. Otherwise I prefer an approach similar to what the article states at the bottom. I do it in a stern logical way at first to wait and see. I'm not trying to make it a big deal or fight over territory- I'm simply trying to assert myself and my territory in a somewhat acceptable way. I know I can do it in a big way- but that usually provokes the other party into a stupid cock-swinging contest I want no part of lol. I wouldn't sit there and scowl though. I would find a way to say something. Usually my favorite method is a sarcastic clever direct remark about the issue at hand.

"You can be sure that the SLE won't allow anyone to trespass on his "territory" – around SLE you will always have protection. No, he won't go around yelling: "Stop! Don't dare to come in here!" as he wouldn't want to offend you. He will quietly close the door. Or he will sit in silence and scowl, or stand at the doorstep until you realize that you were not expected here. And shrug his shoulders at all the reasons that you give him."

I also relate to a lot of what it says for Ti. Reading more into it I relate to this part of the Ni description. When I get unhealthy or anxious I usually counsel my friends who seem to offer Ni for this exact reason to help me calm my anxiety.

"Feels very grateful to the one who can explain to him/her that everything will be alright, that everything will happen in its due time, and so on"

Like I know this myself, but I just want to hear it sometimes otherwise I remain anxious.

"Sometimes the SLE suddenly flares up over some minor thing and then quickly calms down – though it happens rarely, such flare-ups may be intense. During this time the SLE cannot control him/herself and may act out and tell everyone what he/she thinks of them. Believe me, you won't hear anything flattering about yourself, so it's better to not drive the SLE into this state. During the periods of such "emotional overheating" the SLE may leave, slam the door, turn off the phone, and in general do many strange things - behave himself inadequately, in summary."

I also relate strongly to this under Fe. I can act like a god dam child when I get upset because I have so much rage clouding my judgement. I don't like this about myself as it says. I also might have strong Fe though if that's possible. I definitely enjoy emotionally upbeat environments. I love when everyone is on the same page and all joking with each other myself being one of the main people cracking the jokes. I have worked as a server and customer service many years in my past and I think this has made me savvy with my Fe. I am pretty good at creating certain atmospheres, but I do feel like I need help maintaining them. Things such as positive emotional reactions from the people involved or spectating help me keep it going.

As for your other questions. I don't think I am easily led on.. Though according to others I can be. If someone is being friendly, I can be skeptical - especially if they are overly-friendly. I am not very trusting with people at all. In fact I find it difficult to trust. But when someone is the right kind of friendly with me, they can sneak their way into a period of trust until they show me a reason otherwise. I am overall not trustful of people though. Including my own family members.

I don't quite understand what you're trying to describe the steps as achieving the goal, but I'll try to answer.

I basically have a goal, for whatever reason. I think about the benefits of it and what it takes to get there and tell myself, you know what I can do it. I just need to figure out how. So for example, my working out. I don't have a specific goal as in I want to be 220 lb 6% body fat or whatever. My goal is to just get stronger, better shape, look better and feel better. So my next step to do this is decide what I want to look like loosely. Ok I want to be big and ripped. Not bulky. I want an aproximate build of someone like Dmitry Klokov. I know this takes many years to achieve naturally and I'm willing to work for that. Now I need to research routines.. I did research and was lucky enough to meet someone online who was like a guru of weightlifting and nutrition who I became e-friends with and he taught me everything I know. Much of which was verified through my own research and certification of nutrition later on.

So now that I have this info. I work towards the goal. I use my discipline and will to follow a strict diet. I go to the gym and love going. I love going and being dominant and aggressive in a place where it acceptable. There days when I want to sit on my ass and smoke weed, but I convince myself, just go and do that after. I go and start stretching to wake up and snap out of the funk. Then boom, I go- get pumped and bang out a good work out and go home to do the previously mentioned things anyway- just in a slightly more fatigued state. I have pushed myself through lots of days and work outs when I should have rested. Completely ignoring my body's signs and have burned myself out to the point of over training multiple times in the past. Not only do I love the progress and working to achieve my goal. Something about going to the gym and exerting all that aggression just feels amazing. In those times of over-training, I noticed something was wrong that my progress towards my goal was stalling. Along with depression and anxiety which are signs of over training, but even this wasn't enough to convince me to stop working out, but I would literally exert all my will int he gym then be burned out and out of it the rest of the day. I would only get pleasure from working out and smoking weed in those terrible states I would push myself to at times. It only happened maybe 3 times in my life but each time the state lasted around a month. One lasted almost 4 because of how deluded I was becoming.

So I would research through google my symptoms and come across things like CNS-fatigue, over training etc and realize this is what I was experiencing and read the neccesary information to learn how to fix it and prevent it from happening next time. Now I am well aware and can sense it coming and know exactly how to eat and rest and work out to prevent this from happening and keeping me on track and pace to working towards this ultimate goal which isn't really one. It's just a continuous push to constantly better myself.

Another goal I have is moving to California. I went to Los Angeles and absolutely fell in love with all of So-Cal. (I'm a Russian immigrant living in New Jersey). So I set the goal of moving there. Now I just need to keep working. Make money and keep saving which I have been. Hit my 3 years at my job to receive my tax free 401k match, then get a higher paying job to save more.. eventually I want to have maybe $20,000 in my savings not counting my 401k before I move over, and hopefully with a friend or my girlfriend to pay rent and team with them up to help us better get by.

I have noticed you worry about or reference to “strength “ and you say “weak” several times now. Would you please expand on that? Do you want to be seen as strong? Does it worry when you are not? Build a story about where that comes from
    Yes to all of the above. I am strong. I feel strong. I don't want to be seen as strong to feel strong. I want to be seen as strong because I am worried that although I am strong, someone may try to harm me if I am not radiating it. I know it sounds silly but I have went through a lot of abuse in my life that led me to having this perspective. Even though most people really don't bother me. Even when I'm not giving off the "strength". I'm becoming better at not having to present myself this way because I know internally this is how I am regardless. Just that irrational fear sits in the back of my head sometimes. I just naturally attract attention. So when I go out in public and I am just relaxing and having a good time, a lot of boisterous and swaggering men feel the need to challenge me, to which I usually verbally (at times, rarely though,physically) have to put them in their place (the place of what the fuck is wrong with you can't you just leave someone having fun alone?) However when I am coming off with the strength I mentioned before. As in radiating it externally irregardless of feeling it internally, they are too afraid to even try.
    Last edited by kingslayer; 01-10-2019 at 06:09 AM.

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will reply to everyone in time! Busy day at work and want to address everyone in order.

TIM
    Something with Ni
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't quite understand what you're trying to describe the steps as achieving the goal, but I'll try to answer.

Sorry if I phrased it poorly. I was trying to get at whether you Ti reason your way to some sort of goal to accomplish and then apply Se force over time, or do you simply have some sort of Se goal that you then go about applying Ti reasoning and systematizing to move towards. Personally I can't remember a time that I have sat down and systematically reasoning through what any of my goals are, but rather a more impulsive "Oh, this is what I want. What do I need to learn and do to make that happen." I've also seen SLE's characterized more by trying to use intense initial drive and then "momentum" to reach their goals, as opposed to LSIs that are more paced, constant, and methodical in an application of Se force to reach a Ti goal.

The rest of what you write sounds pretty Ti creative but I can't see the inside of your head to know the process. As a personal example it was almost 6 years ago I was majoring in history when I learned that my current line of work even exists. My decision process to go after this work was more or less "That sounds fucking awesome. I'm going to do that. How do I do that? I have to do these other things first? Okay I guess I'm doing that for now."

TIM
    Something with Ni
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also relate to a lot of what it says for Ti. Reading more into it I relate to this part of the Ni description. When I get unhealthy or anxious I usually counsel my friends who seem to offer Ni for this exact reason to help me calm my anxiety.
    Do things that explain the meaning of events or the meanings of deeper things tend to satisfy in a deep way? Would you say Ni is one of two functions you have the least grasp of?

"Feels very grateful to the one who can explain to him/her that everything will be alright, that everything will happen in its due time, and so on"

Like I know this myself, but I just want to hear it sometimes otherwise I remain anxious.

lol yeah, there's a thread on here of IEIs and EIEs discussing how SLEs seek and adjust to an external, explicit definition of what a relationship is. Ambiguous answers just tend to make the SLE anxious, frustrated, and start asking for a definition of "what are we" more frequently.

"Sometimes the SLE suddenly flares up over some minor thing and then quickly calms down – though it happens rarely, such flare-ups may be intense. During this time the SLE cannot control him/herself and may act out and tell everyone what he/she thinks of them. Believe me, you won't hear anything flattering about yourself, so it's better to not drive the SLE into this state. During the periods of such "emotional overheating" the SLE may leave, slam the door, turn off the phone, and in general do many strange things - behave himself inadequately, in summary."

I also relate strongly to this under Fe. I can act like a god dam child when I get upset because I have so much rage clouding my judgement. I don't like this about myself as it says. I also might have strong Fe though if that's possible. I definitely enjoy emotionally upbeat environments. I love when everyone is on the same page and all joking with each other myself being one of the main people cracking the jokes. I have worked as a server and customer service many years in my past and I think this has made me savvy with my Fe. I am pretty good at creating certain atmospheres, but I do feel like I need help maintaining them. Things such as positive emotional reactions from the people involved or spectating help me keep it going.

Would you say that getting a huge dose of an Fe environment makes you feel energized like a sugar rush?

The fun thing about the mobilizing function is that because one knows that they have a better understanding of it than their Suggestive function, they tend to try and consciously use it more because they are seeking it in the environment. To an Ego Fe person, though, an SLE trying to produce that upbeat Fe environment looks a little clumsy, sort of like when a kid is first learning swear words. To people that don't value Fe that clumsiness just comes off as annoying and they can respond poorly. The descriptions of Fe for SLE often include the parts where SLEs will try to produce an Fe upbeat environment, but the attempt will fail and be seriously frustrating to the SLE.

Another aspect is that the mobilizing funtion is two-dimensional, so it's "normative," falling into acceptable uses based on the socially defined constraints of a role in a given situation. That's where the part in that write up about

Fe as Mobilizing Function (SLE, ILE)

The individual longs for situations where people are having fun, laughing and joking, and feel emotionally free and spontaneous. However, he is generally unable to produce this atmosphere himself and uses other means to create situations where there is a good chance that others will take the emotional initiative and create a fun and emotionally stimulating atmosphere. Failure at such attempts are met with dismay, which the individual either hides or reacts to with frustration and annoyance.

-------------------------------------------

For example, the normative E can be seen in identical cliche smiles. Examine carefully your photographs and photographs of other people. Particularly well this can be seen on photographs of children, because children are more spontaneous when express their natural emotions. If you scroll through a family album, you will notice that facial expressions of some people are nearly the same on all pictures, whereas others have a wider emotional range. Normative smiles look standard and correct in all situations. As if normative E-types feel some limit to how much they can stretch their facial muscles, and everything that goes further is risky and ventures beyond the the average. Normative E-types know well situations in which they are required to smile, for example, when meeting people, when saying "goodbye" when showing their disposition to someone during a conversation, etc.

------------------------------------------

By the way, on decency: not seldom does the ESTp have serious difficulties with this. And not because he doesn't know how he should behave or that he didn't have good upbringing - here everything is usually satisfactory. (Everything that he needs to know, the ESTp always knows.) But the moment the ESTp relaxes and loosen up a little bit (this most frequently happens around guests) as he starts to "fall out of his role" and feel embarrassed and perplexed by this very circumstance, and, consequently, he also starts to react sharply and sensitively to any observations and remarks. It is sufficient for someone present to react inadequately to his joke or statement for ESTp's emotionalism to pass the boundaries of the permissible. If precisely at this moment the ESTp is reminded of decency and appropriateness, he may completely lose control over his words and actions. Perhaps this is why many ESTps try not to relax too much around guests or to receive guests at their home where they feel themselves more composed and confident.

As for your other questions. I don't think I am easily led on.. Though according to others I can be. If someone is being friendly, I can be skeptical - especially if they are overly-friendly. I am not very trusting with people at all. In fact I find it difficult to trust. But when someone is the right kind of friendly with me, they can sneak their way into a period of trust until they show me a reason otherwise. I am overall not trustful of people though. Including my own family members.
    Would you say Fi is the function you have the hardest time saying that you have hardest time saying that you're shit at?

The SLE carefully "picks out" his/her own people from the "others". For someone to become his or her "own" it takes some time. A single mistake can throw you back to the starting point.

Doesn't always realize that a smile on someone's face and good manners are not necessarily a measure of this person's good disposition and sincerity. Some people smile just "because". SLE hates this type of ambiguity. He doesn't have the resources to track all of the signals of this type. Thus he/she is easily led on by ethical games – SLE's consideration can be won simply by good treatment; he won't immediately recognize a trap. But once he sees it, he won't give the person a second chance. The SLE can be led on and manipulated by good attitude for a long time, but not forever. If he catches you on a lie, sees that behind your smile hides something else besides kindness, then he/she will stop trusting you out of principle, and then smile however much you wish. But to demonstrations of good attitude he will usually react positively, even if it's coming from a person whom he/she doesn't like and doesn't trust.

In general, the SLE doesn't know how to keep distance in communication (distance in ethical sense). Thus, he/she feels worried and anxious about it. If a person tries to intrude on his territory and at the same time behaves in a very friendly way, for the SLE it will be difficult to rebuff them. It feels awkward and somehow uncomfortable to offend a good person … The SLE knows how to distance only in physical sense – to move, change place of work, to not pick up the phone, not open the door, cut off communication, not say anything, not allow someone to enter into his life.

How much of the above would you say is true if you had to be as kick-in-the-nuts brutally honest as you could? First time I read that the response was basically "oh. okay. yeah. I thought I could read people pretty well but anyone that's treated me nicely with a smile has been able to lead me around by the nose a LOT"

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is Se "letting them feel my presence" (Se is more about presence, energy, etc)

You are definitely SLE

You have that protective nature and your words have a lot of values behind them.
    I think so too, I just tend to doubt it at times because I can become withdrawn and I get very timid and afraid of failure in those states. Which is foreign to my usual daring and confident nature, but sometimes it happens so often it makes me think the confidence could have been a front. Hence the confusion.

Here’s a good definition of Se “Introduction to Se

Extroverted sensing is an extroverted, irrational, and static information element. It is also called Se, F, volitional sensing, or black sensing. Se includes the ability to attain high level of awareness of the physical aspects of one's reality, to know how much physical force or power is latent or required, to be able to accurately estimate properties of material sort. Types that strongly value Se are much more comfortable taking concrete actions to change their physical surroundings. This may at times be perceived as disruptive and abrasive, particularly by Ne-types who feel that abrupt changes in their physical surrounding ruins their balance. In Se-quadras, interaction takes a more blunt and direct forms, resulting in a much strongly impacting physical atmosphere than Si-valuing types prefer. Se-types enjoy discussing possibilities but only if there is concrete gain from it, or it holds the potential to impact the "the real world". Unlike Si, which is about one's subjective sensory experience (how intense or enjoyable it is), Se is about achieving an object of desire. It gives one the ability to influence, bend, and push concrete situations and people in order to achieve such an object, rather than to subjectively assess the situation one is in.”

Yes when you travel if you are indeed and Se base you would be trying to gain awareness of your surroundings (you can see how that involves little talking and much observation giving way to confusion about one’s type). As far as pushing and bending that also comes with the degree knowledge that they feel comfortable in. My SLE friend is quite strongly assertive in the areas which she has a lot of knowledge otherwise she’s watching and learning and usually not in a combative mode.
    Hmm.. I do sound a lot like the description there. I don't like to push people for no reason though. However, if I were in a leadership position at work, I would have no issue and would find it easy to get people to do their work. I am all about having fun too though. I'm not constantly pursuing objects of desire, though I tend to do this as well. Such as my dream of moving to California. I entertain the shit out of my co-workers everyday with funny stories/jokes and I love to joke and laugh with people I enjoy being around and to smoke pot and watch funny or interesting things (I also enjoy dark television and movies a lot) can that be related to Si or this common for Se types as well? I guess I have an incorrect predetermined image of an Se ego and that's why I made this thread haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Luminous Lynx View Post

I'd have to get to know You more to hand out a typing confidently, but I can certainly double down on Your being an Enneagram 8 primary, and a very 2 Integrated one at that (A healthy 8). I've not seen a more explicitly justice championing 8 before--justice not in the abstract, but in the immediate sense of using Your own strength to come to the aid of others, putting cowards in their place for the greater good, etc--so Your OP was a very refreshing read. I think it's easier to infer Your Enneagram placement moreso than Your type, as You speak much of motivations, which Enneagram largely governs; there is of course pretty strong correlations between the two systems, but Your Socionics type isn't as clear to me as Your Enneagram. Your discipline and assertiveness is clear, the latter reflected in no small part by Your Enneagram.

At a cursory glance SLE-Se and LSI-Se seem the most likely to me. It may also be worthwhile to read on SEE and ESI, for deduction's sake, if nothing else. Eliminating possibilities is important so we can focus on the probable. At the very least, Your being an Se valuer seems clear, and Se ego seems highly probable.

For Reference:

If You could do us all a favor - this is a test I often recommend peers. Be sure to leave it set to the "Extended Socionics Test" , and pay mind to and be as precise as You can with the sliders. I have studied this test a good deal, and even small differences are reflected in the results. The test is broken into three parts, each dynamically changing contingent upon Your answers, to pinpoint Your valued IEs. No test is perfect, but it can point many in the right direction at the least, and my own results have been very consistent. Post Your results in the thread when You're able.

You seem like a great man, Kingslayer. I hope this is of some assistance, and I'm lookin' forward to how this shakes out. Best of luck, lad.
    Haha you give me too much credit, but thank you! That's good to hear about my health. I use to be rather unhealthy and have been working hard through my life to become a mentally healthier and stronger person everyday. You seem like a cool guy too.. Is this kind of nice behavior another poster asked if I fall for ? Cuz I like this guy judging from this post haha. As for the subtypes you have sent. In no particular order I relate a lot to ESTp-Se, ISTj- Se and even ISFj Se. However I do not relate much at all to either ESFp subtype description or the Ji subtypes. Maybe I am ESTp, becausee that would make you my dual and I'm really enjoying the way your post is written. I love abstract things, but don't understand them as well I'd like and always appreciate someone who can help me with that. I've taken this test before and scored ESTp, but I'm retaking it now for the sake of sharing the specific results.

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    You do sound roughly like an Se leading type, or possibly Se mobilizing. Some things might actually point more to SEE, like the idea of cutting jerks down to size. But if you're really having trouble I'd suggest doing the questionnaire in my signature.
    That's interesting.. I can be ESFp, I don't know. I don't always cut jerks down to size. I would love to do it to all the ones I meet but that can become dangerous and exhausting. If they try to manipulate me or push me around I shut that shit down fast though, in fact I usually just let them think they are manipulating me while mentally taking notes on their behavior and thought process and in turn manipulate them myself without ever verbalizing any of the information or distaste I truly have for them. I definitely enjoy to my assert myself in an environment though. I don't think Ti-polr is me though. I have been complemented many times in my life on my logical reasoning skills by people. Math was also the only subject I was ever good at without trying. I could study for history and get a B or study for science to not fail (wasn't my strong suit other than environmental science), but math I would just show up to class, space out or talk with the person next to me then get an A on most tests. I was never in advanced math courses, just the regular ones but I always coasted through them without trying. Is that normal for ESFp? I read ti-polr are not good at algebra and that was my bread and butter. I'm not saying I'm a trig or calc wiz but I was always able to grasp arithmatic and algebra very quickly and easily. I've also been told to be an attorney by many people close to me due to my "ability to play games with people" and "twist and spin arguments before the opponent has a chance to analyze it" Also very guilty of overanalyzing to a fault at times. I will answer the questionnaire shortly and post it with my test results from the other link.

A good example of how I think is, I remember in College our geology teacher taught us about the 3 types of rock, so he took us out around campus to observe different rocks we have. I don't remember the terms for it, but they were BIG rocks rooted in the ground. Much larger than people.. The first rock was one kind, the next rock was one of the others. At each rock he asked us which one we think it is and no one guessed the first two right including myself. So we get to the third and he asked which rock we think it is, and I mentioned the only one we haven't seen yet. He asked very good how do you know? and I respond because its the only one you haven't showed us yet. and he laughed along with the class and said that's good that you think with logic to determine that but we need to actually figure out how to determine it. So that's basically the kind of logical reasoning I use. I think that's more Ti > Te? I didn't remember any facts, I just figured well he showed us Rock type #1 and #2 and this is the third rock and there's 3 types sooo... this is rock #3.
    Last edited by kingslayer; 01-11-2019 at 09:50 PM.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Here is SLE-IEI duality in how to meet a dual action
    https://youtu.be/qRmN7x6ijQg?t=153
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For Reference:

also as promised here are the results of the test you linked:

Https://imgur.com/a/nsyH635

Let me know if the images are clear.. I'm attempting to upload from my phone in the post but it's giving me trouble I'll do so from my home pc in a few hours

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely Ti <3
    ~* astralsilky

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

Post types & fully individuated before 2012 ...

TIM
    D-ESI-Se 1w2
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha you give me too much credit, but thank you! That's good to hear about my health. I use to be rather unhealthy and have been working hard through my life to become a mentally healthier and stronger person everyday. You seem like a cool guy too.. Is this kind of nice behavior another poster asked if I fall for ? Cuz I like this guy judging from this post haha. As for the subtypes you have sent. In no particular order I relate a lot to ESTp-Se, ISTj- Se and even ISFj Se. However I do not relate much at all to either ESFp subtype description or the Ji subtypes. Maybe I am ESTp, becausee that would make you my dual and I'm really enjoying the way your post is written. I love abstract things, but don't understand them as well I'd like and always appreciate someone who can help me with that. I've taken this test before and scored ESTp, but I'm retaking it now for the sake of sharing the specific results.
    I disagree lol, I think You sound like an admirable man, but it's SLE nature to downplay his own goodness, because his Dual does not require overt expressions to read someone's ethical standing and potential. There's a time and a place for anger and aggression, and You wear it well, and commit it to worthy cause, that is what an honorable man does, as how one wield's his strength is more significant than whether or not he has strength. Yes, SLE is very amenable to being positively ethically evaluated. Having it reinforced that he is a good person is an important part of SLE/IEI duality:

"To the ESTp it is also important that he is perceived not only as he appears to be, but also as he could potentially be if he's treated and related to well. It is important that he is received and evaluated not only as he is, but also taking into consideration his positive ethical potential. (Precisely what his dual, the IEI, sees and evaluates well.) The SLE doesn't bring up immediately how he can be good, but speaks about this in hints and sometimes in jest. He is sufficiently prudent to not talk of this openly and directly. In addition, it seems out of place and inappropriate to him to voice praises to himself (since he is subconsiously oriented at his dual who sees this well)."

also as promised here are the results of the test you linked:

Https://imgur.com/a/nsyH635

Let me know if the images are clear.. I'm attempting to upload from my phone in the post but it's giving me trouble I'll do so from my home pc in a few hours
    SLE, as I thought. Interesting You got TI subtype. Massive Beta Quadra values result hahah, similar to my own:

My Socionics Result 1.jpg

I'm unsure just how new to Socionics You are, but I'd be happy to provide a crash course on some of the subsystems, since You seem to have a grasp of the basics. The popular model of Socionics most of us are tacitly using here on the forums is called Model A. The +/- component is an addition onto the standard IEs (Information Element, known as "Functions" in MBTI) that augments their temperament/nature, and is a component of Model B, Bukalov's Signage. Bukalov's Signage is also present, AFAIK, in Model G (Gulenko's model), which handles and emphasizes elements in Model A distinctly. Finally, here's a link on functional dimensionality ,and (just for some added flavor and fun) have an article on functional semantics.

Bukalov's Signage:
    Socionics Functiona + -.jpg

Signage correlation to type:
    Socionics Functional Model.png

Triangles are Intuition
    Circles are Sensing
    Squares are Thinking
    Steps are Feeling
    White is Introverted and black is Extroverted

If there's anything I can do to help, message me anytime. I'll add You to my contacts, and of course I can respond to anything else here. You want basic or more in-depth teaching on anything Typology related (Including other systems, eg. Enneagram, Instinct Variant, MBTI, Temperaments, Astrology, etc) I've got social media, skype, or whatever You prefer. Throw me a line sometime if You're down.

Update: I'm actually a very Introverted-looking EIE afterall hahah. No matter, as Beta NF and Beta ST are wired for each other, and they get along wonderfully regardless.
    Last edited by Memento Mori; 01-23-2019 at 04:03 PM.
    "We live in an age in which there is no heroic death."

Model A: ESI-Se -
    DCNH: Dominant

Enneagram: 1w2, 2w1, 6w7
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/So

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's interesting.. I can be ESFp, I don't know. I don't always cut jerks down to size. I would love to do it to all the ones I meet but that can become dangerous and exhausting. If they try to manipulate me or push me around I shut that shit down fast though, in fact I usually just let them think they are manipulating me while mentally taking notes on their behavior and thought process and in turn manipulate them myself without ever verbalizing any of the information or distaste I truly have for them. I definitely enjoy to my assert myself in an environment though. I don't think Ti-polr is me though. I have been complemented many times in my life on my logical reasoning skills by people. Math was also the only subject I was ever good at without trying. I could study for history and get a B or study for science to not fail (wasn't my strong suit other than environmental science), but math I would just show up to class, space out or talk with the person next to me then get an A on most tests. I was never in advanced math courses, just the regular ones but I always coasted through them without trying. Is that normal for ESFp? I read ti-polr are not good at algebra and that was my bread and butter. I'm not saying I'm a trig or calc wiz but I was always able to grasp arithmatic and algebra very quickly and easily. I've also been told to be an attorney by many people close to me due to my "ability to play games with people" and "twist and spin arguments before the opponent has a chance to analyze it" Also very guilty of overanalyzing to a fault at times. I will answer the questionnaire shortly and post it with my test results from the other link.

A good example of how I think is, I remember in College our geology teacher taught us about the 3 types of rock, so he took us out around campus to observe different rocks we have. I don't remember the terms for it, but they were BIG rocks rooted in the ground. Much larger than people.. The first rock was one kind, the next rock was one of the others. At each rock he asked us which one we think it is and no one guessed the first two right including myself. So we get to the third and he asked which rock we think it is, and I mentioned the only one we haven't seen yet. He asked very good how do you know? and I respond because its the only one you haven't showed us yet. and he laughed along with the class and said that's good that you think with logic to determine that but we need to actually figure out how to determine it. So that's basically the kind of logical reasoning I use. I think that's more Ti > Te? I didn't remember any facts, I just figured well he showed us Rock type #1 and #2 and this is the third rock and there's 3 types sooo... this is rock #3.
    That does seem like strong Ti

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are definitely SLE

I disagree lol, I think You sound like an admirable man, but it's SLE nature to downplay his own goodness, because his Dual does not require overt expressions to read someone's ethical standing and potential. There's a time and a place for anger and aggression, and You wear it well, and commit it to worthy cause, that is what an honorable man does, as how one wield's his strength is more significant than whether or not he has strength. Yes, SLE is very amenable to being positively ethically evaluated. Having it reinforced that he is a good person is an important part of SLE/IEI duality:

"To the ESTp it is also important that he is perceived not only as he appears to be, but also as he could potentially be if he's treated and related to well. It is important that he is received and evaluated not only as he is, but also taking into consideration his positive ethical potential. (Precisely what his dual, the IEI, sees and evaluates well.) The SLE doesn't bring up immediately how he can be good, but speaks about this in hints and sometimes in jest. He is sufficiently prudent to not talk of this openly and directly. In addition, it seems out of place and inappropriate to him to voice praises to himself (since he is subconsiously oriented at his dual who sees this well)."

SLE, as I thought. Interesting You got TI subtype. Massive Beta Quadra values result hahah, similar to my own:

My Socionics Result 1.jpg

I'm unsure just how new to Socionics You are, but I'd be happy to provide a crash course on some of the subsystems, since You seem to have a grasp of the basics. The popular model of Socionics most of us are tacitly using here on the forums is called Model A. The +/- component is an addition onto the standard IEs (Information Element, known as "Functions" in MBTI) that augments their temperament/nature, and is a component of Model B, Bukalov's Signage. Bukalov's Signage is also present, AFAIK, in Model G (Gulenko's model), which handles and emphasizes elements in Model A distinctly. Finally, here's a link on functional dimensionality ,and (just for some added flavor and fun) have an article on functional semantics.

Bukalov's Signage:
    Socionics Functiona + -.jpg

Signage correlation to type:
    Socionics Functional Model.png

Triangles are Intuition
    Circles are Sensing
    Squares are Thinking
    Steps are Feeling
    White is Introverted and black is Extroverted

If there's anything I can do to help, message me anytime. I'll add You to my contacts, and of course I can respond to anything else here. You want basic or more in-depth teaching on anything Typology related (Including other systems, eg. Enneagram, Instinct Variant, MBTI, Temperaments, Astrology, etc) I've got social media, skype, or whatever You prefer. Throw me a line sometime if You're down.

Update: I'm actually a very Introverted-looking EIE afterall hahah. No matter, as Beta NF and Beta ST are wired for each other, and they get along wonderfully regardless.
    firstly I wanna apologize for not being on here, I got pretty busy with life and barely had time to browse this forum let alone construct a post addressing all of you. However I do wanna thank you all for your time and participating in helping me as well!. ESTp seemed plausible for me, however after reading more descriptions of each type and using the Oldham description, I have concluded along with 2 close friends and my girlfriend that I am ISTp and she is actually my dual ENFp. Our relationship is very similar to what ENFp/ISTp duality is and I also relate to the description on sociotype.com I never really related to the ESTp functional description but I related to the SE subtype description heavily. While with ISTp, almost every functional analysis is pretty on point with my personality and the 3 previously mentioned people agreed.

if anyone disagrees or has any insights/questions I'm all ears, but for the first time since I started reading socionics I feel like the type I have identified with feels right with me. ESTp sounded right and I thought it fit, but some parts don't. It also kinda just never felt right to me hence the creation of this thread. ISTp sounds AND feels right though.

are you sure you might not be delta NF lynx? we seem to be getting along pretty well for conflictors lol

my username is also named after Jamie Lannister in Game of Thrones - one of my favorite characters, along with the Hound and Jon Snow... Pretty sure Jamie is ISTp and this forum seems to agree on the game of thrones thread, but all 3 are definitely fi-valuers. Seems odd for Fi-polr to enjoy Fi-Valuing character's so much lol.

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vesstheastralsilky View Post
    Definitely Ti <3
    I think I'm actually ISTp. What about my post evidences Ti?

Not that I'm arguing. Just curious what the tells are so I can correct my understanding of socionics haha.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

firstly I wanna apologize for not being on here, I got pretty busy with life and barely had time to browse this forum let alone construct a post addressing all of you. However I do wanna thank you all for your time and participating in helping me as well!. ESTp seemed plausible for me, however after reading more descriptions of each type and using the Oldham description, I have concluded along with 2 close friends and my girlfriend that I am ISTp and she is actually my dual ENFp. Our relationship is very similar to what ENFp/ISTp duality is and I also relate to the description on sociotype.com I never really related to the ESTp functional description but I related to the SE subtype description heavily. While with ISTp, almost every functional analysis is pretty on point with my personality and the 3 previously mentioned people agreed.

if anyone disagrees or has any insights/questions I'm all ears, but for the first time since I started reading socionics I feel like the type I have identified with feels right with me. ESTp sounded right and I thought it fit, but some parts don't. It also kinda just never felt right to me hence the creation of this thread. ISTp sounds AND feels right though.

are you sure you might not be delta NF lynx? we seem to be getting along pretty well for conflictors lol

my username is also named after Jamie Lannister in Game of Thrones - one of my favorite characters, along with the Hound and Jon Snow... Pretty sure Jamie is ISTp and this forum seems to agree on the game of thrones thread, but all 3 are definitely fi-valuers. Seems odd for Fi-polr to enjoy Fi-Valuing character's so much lol.
    SLI doesn't make sense for all the reasons that SLE did.

Why would an SLI want people to feel his presence? (Se)
    Or naturally take control of a situation? (more Se)
    Or to "suck this up in order to pursue my goal"? (ditto)
    Or to deflect people using jokes or stern remarks? (Fe)

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As for the questionnaire in your signature... I'm going to post the ones I answered so far and fill the rest in as I can, I didn't realize how long it was when I starred it. I don't have a lot of time right now. For some reason I only saw the 2nd half of the questions yet had all copied so my answers are mostly halfway down.

What do you study or do for a living? How did you come to do that? What do you like or dislike about it?

I studied marketing, I never really cared for it. but I took lots of business courses in high school and the teacher who I had was my absolute favorite. She thought I would be great for marketing so I took her word basically because I highly respected her. I work in a bank right now though, in sales and service. I don't like it at all. My boss is cool but his bosses are always trying to pressure him and us to get sales. The pressuring doesn't work well on me because I know they can't actually fire me as long as I hit the minimal goal, but I just hate the whole sales culture and everything. Plus theres lots of idiots in this company who think they're slick but are just sociopaths. Nothing intelligent about them, just the lack of shame allows them to rise to power in such a grimey corporation.

What are your values, and why?

What else do you do on a daily basis? What are your interests and hobbies? Why do you do them?

Describe your relations with family and friends. What do you like and dislike about them?

What do you look for in friends? In romantic relationships?

What conflicts have you encountered recently with other people? Why did they happen? Which kinds seem to happen on a regular basis?

How would your friends describe you?

What do people generally see as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?

What are your weaknesses? What criticism do you often face from others? What do you dislike about yourself?

In what areas of life can you manage well on your own? In what areas of your life would you like help?

What things do you dislike doing? What things do you enjoy more than others?

What goals, aspirations, or plans do you have for the future? How did you come to have them?

If you had enough money to live comfortably for the rest of your life without working, what would you do with your time?

What traits do you find endearing that others might dislike? What traits are considered positive/neutral by others but tend to annoy you?

What kinds of things do you do to manage and/or beautify your environment (your room, your house, etc.)? What do you think of daily chores?

How do you behave around strangers?

How do you react to conflict? What do you do if somebody insults or attacks you?

What is one common misconception that people have about things? Explain why it is wrong.

What did you do last Friday?

If you are doing a video you can stop here or choose from the rest of the questions as you like.
    If you are answering in writing, please answer ALL questions.

What is your biggest accomplishment? Losing a ton of weight and transforming my mind. I use to be overweight and a pushover when I was younger. My father would abuse me then I would go to school and get bullied by certain people (not everyone as a whole, although I felt rejected) Until I became bigger and wiser. I lost a lot of weight at age 16.. I started smoking pot at 15. selling it at 16 along with the weight loss. my new status as a drug dealer and discovery that I was good looking under the fat started earning my respect from my peers. I began becoming more confident. I felt the power I had as a dealer because not only did I sell weed but I had the best shit of anyone I knew thanks to my cousin was 20 introducing me to connections his age from out of town. I just find this transformation as my biggest accomplishment. I use to roll over and let people say to me whatever they want if they were stronger than me, but funny enough I was rarely physically bullied. Usually just ganged up on and made fun of. Nowadays if someone tries something like that on me, I turn the bully into the victim fast. Ever since I have been working out consistently, not taking shit from people and did continue to sell weed all through college and highschool but stopped shortly after graduating college because being arrested was too much a risk. I just think that point in my mind when I said "enough is enough' and followed through on it and is my biggest accomplishment.

What is something you regret? Not standing up for myself or getting myself out there enough as a youngin.

Who do you admire, and why? Hmmm.. In real life? I don't know, everyone has flaws. I think some people are Tupac (stood up for what he believed regardless of where it could have and did lead him) George Patton (just a bad ass motherfucker although anti-sematic and abusive) err. I really can't think of many I try not to idealize real people much since everyone has some flaw or shit they're trying to hide. Fictionally I look up to someone like Tony Soprano, I have a lot of similar rage/vulnerability issues as him and think it takes a lot of strength for him to lead the organization he does with the trauma and damage he has. I don't know this is tough for me, I don't admire many people. I appreciate and respect people and love what they are doing but to admire someone seems like selling yourself short and looking at them through rose colored glasses. I did admire Lebron James before, but his recent attitude has really put me off. I liked that he was from the complete gutter of Cleveland raised by a not good mother in extreme poverty and was able to turn himself and his name into a corporation and powerhouse.

What's been on your mind? Has anything been worrying or concerning you? What problems have you encountered lately? I got a bill in the mail for damages on my car lease shortly after returning it and its higher than what they quoted me at. It's been worrying me because I feel this is unjust and I have to call them and argue with them like I did on my last lease. It worked but caused me so much stress and anxiety that I try to not think about it. I constantly worry about stupid shit that no one should. Things so silly I don't even wanna write most of them.. I'm a little paranoid from smoking pot at night but this morning I went and made sure my front door was locked literally 3 or 4 times. I'm worried my cop is a neighbor and the door has swung open from the wind before with the top lock isn't locked so I don't want him snooping upstairs and finding my shit. Granted when the top lock is locked the door is fine. I just literally check it 2-4 times every morning due to stupid paranoia that I know is completely irrational but cant help in myself lol.

What are your religious or spiritual beliefs and why do you hold them? Athiest. I think all religion is bullshit and a tool for control. I enjoy spiritualty though, I think people can be greater than what we are or how we treat each other.

What are your political beliefs, and why? To what extent do you care about politics? I don't really give a shit about politics. Haven't voted ever except in the most recent state elections. My friend is a huge history/politics buff he usually keeps me in the loop of what both sides are up to here in America and I make my own judgments from there.

Would you ever be interested in starting a business? Why or why not? What role would you play in it? What kind of business would it be? I would love to, I think about it all the time. I would love to start a personal training from home and meal prep business. I know a shit ton about weightlifting and nutrition from my own experience, researching and taking courses. I went through a big physical and mental journey myself and would love to help others on theirs. Low operating cost, doing something I love and enough money to keep me set for the future would be a dream.

What kind of work environment do you prefer? What do you look for in a job? I look for a job with freedom to act independently. I don't need much management or supervision to be productive. I enjoy being lazy and not doing shit, but I know what to do to be productive. I just chose not to a lot of the time lol. I work in a bank right now in sales and service, I don't need my manager reminding me to get sales, in fact it annoys me when he tries to motivate us. We have some stupid weekly meeting where we go over our numbers and strategies to help "motivate us" and I'm just like this is stupid we have the same goal and follow generally the same tactics to get there everyday these meetings are a waste of time to me.

What is or was your favorite school subject and why? Math and history. I like math cuz I can bullshit around and get good grades still, while history was just always interesting to me. I find wars so intriguing.

How do you approach responsibility? What do you tend to expect of others? I am responsible in my own needs. I am stingy and good with money. Though if I Decide I want something, the price tag is usually not enough to hold me back (I only decide I want things that are within reason of my money though) I've never taken a loan to buy something. But I have taken a trip or 2 I couldn't pay off immediately and am paying down my credit card debt for it right now (0% interest on my card is what allowed me to make these purchase though)

Where did you go on your most recent vacation? What did you do there? How did you like it and why? Los Angeles. My third time there, I fucking loved it and can't wait to live there. Love how the weather feels, sun and stmopshere. Everyons is friendly and better looking too. I just feel so at home there. Felt that way since the second I walked out of the airport on my first trip. Soon as the weather hit me and I saw how chill everyone around me was I felt at home.

What were you like as a kid? How have you changed since you were a child?

What was your high school experience like?

Talk about a significant event from your life.

Do you like kids? Why or why not?

If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?

Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.

How do you see other people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.

What do you do if you're not getting what you want? What approach do you use? I can keep pushing, trying to find a different way of tackling the obstacle instead of directly or in the same way. It depends on the context to me.

ou comfortable taking leadership roles? In what areas? Why or why not? Yes, I have my eyes on the goal. I find it pretty easy to keep everyone on track towards the goal. I worked as expo in a restaurant before (control what food goes in and out of the kitchen to the table) it's all about taking charge of the kitchen and making sure the food is coming out properly and on time and taking charge of the servers to make sure they are running it out to the tables. I also find myself as a leader in conflicts often. I don't mind letting someone else take charge if I see they know what they are doing, but if you are incompetent or I decided I don't like you, I would prefer to lead.

How often do you get angry? What kinds of things make you angry? I can get angry at anything. I use to juts wake up angry sometimes and had to work to stop being so. I think when people are trying to take advantage of me or push me around I get mad. Honestly though, I just get mad at things if I'm already mad. It's hard for people to make me mad unless I was already in a mind state that was willing to get mad, otherwise good luck.

What is the best thing that happened to you during the past week? My moms birthday dinner. We all went out, the family her friends my cousins dad grandma etc. we had some really delicious food, lots of good conversation and vibes across the table, it was a great time.

What is the worst thing that happened to you during the past week? I got sick. Fucking hate being sick lol.

What is the purpose of life? What do you find personally meaningful in life? I think everyone has a different purpose. I want to just do whatever the hell I want within reason. I think life has meaning when you figure out what you want out of it and go for it. Whether that's becoming a president or joining the army or w.e, to each his own, my personal meaning will be found when I can find something not too time restraining to fund all the things I wanna do and places I wanna travel to.

What is the most interesting place you have been, and why? Los Angeles. I been to Europe and all around America and Canada and the Bahamas but something about LA juts smacked me in the face as home. I was so amazed how the culture and atmosphere are so different than the east coast. I felt like I was in a different country but it was still America. It was beautiful.

How do you dress or manage your appearance? I don't like to overdo it. Though I enjoy to look nice. I think buying/wearing designer shit is silly. I like nice clothes but would never spend an obscene amount just make strangers think I'm High status or whatever nonsense. Anyone who talks to me knows what I'm about I don't need my clothes to show it. My eyes usually do.

Do you like surprises? Yes.
    Last edited by kingslayer; 02-26-2019 at 10:55 PM.

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLI doesn't make sense for all the reasons that SLE did.

Why would an SLI want people to feel his presence? (Se)
    Or naturally take control of a situation? (more Se)
    Or to "suck this up in order to pursue my goal"? (ditto)
    Or to deflect people using jokes or stern remarks? (Fe)
    I mean I couldn't tell you why any SLi would but I can tell you why I would and why I think it makes me SLI.

I let people feel my presence because when people invade my space/time/boundaries unwelcome I feel like it affects my internal comfort. I have been verbally and physically abused with my father along with bullying until I was 16~ at school. So I learned to use my presence to keep people from trying to engage me if I feel like they would affect my comfort negatively.

I find myself more so weaving through the situation to get the desired outcome I want from it, rather than overtly controlling it.

My goal is to be fit and lean. I usually do suck up my food cravings for it, but I fall victim to it other times. I can't imagine all SLI just don't give a shit about goals? I'm sure there's SLI weightlifters out there who understand the importance of sacrificing cravings and feelings in order to reach a goal in the field.

The deflection of jokes and stern remarks is because I personally feel better when I'm not in conflict with others. I wouldn't care to tell someone to fuck off, but it affects my internal comfort because now I might have an enemy to worry about in the vicinity, as opposed to deflecting it with a joke or a stern statement, I feel more at peace with how the interaction went. I also might feel bad later depending on how much rage and force I let out with the direct statement if it's not said jokingly or lightish.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your questionnaire also has lots of power relations themes, it's a consistent image. For one, in the kind of people you admire and why: people who are powerful, people who went out and got what they wanted, etc.

It's interesting that you chose your career based on what someone else said... suggests weak intuition if not Ni.

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your questionnaire also has lots of power relations themes, it's a consistent image. For one, in the kind of people you admire and why: people who are powerful, people who went out and got what they wanted, etc.

It's interesting that you chose your career based on what someone else said... suggests weak intuition if not Ni.
    I hear what you're saying, does that necessarily make me Se though? I read how Si is all about comfort and convenience and that's a lot of what I'm about as well, too much so as a kid. I got lazy and fat. Still am pretty lazy. I also don't really do much to pursue power especially in a hierarchal sense. I have no desire to climb ranks at my job although its a large corporation. I'm more focused on getting home so I can go work out then eat shower smoke weed and play video games while hanging out with my girlfriend ( we live together).

doesn't that point more to Si? I seek comfort throughout the day more than power. I could be misunderstanding all this.

yesterday was my day off from work. All I did was go to my good friend's house, smoke with him. Went to get lunch with my girlfriend at her job. Came home, took a nap. woke up smoked again played some civilization 6 and basically just kept smoking and chilling on my phone reading random stuff on reddit I'm interested in and rotating that between laying down with the phone, without it, or going on the pc to continue civ. Seems like a leisure/comfort focused day rather than any power seeking behavior.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hear what you're saying, does that necessarily make me Se though? I read how Si is all about comfort and convenience and that's a lot of what I'm about as well, too much so as a kid. I got lazy and fat. Still am pretty lazy. I also don't really do much to pursue power especially in a hierarchal sense. I have no desire to climb ranks at my job although its a large corporation. I'm more focused on getting home so I can go work out then eat shower smoke weed and play video games while hanging out with my girlfriend ( we live together).

doesn't that point more to Si? I seek comfort throughout the day more than power. I could be misunderstanding all this.

yesterday was my day off from work. All I did was go to my good friend's house, smoke with him. Went to get lunch with my girlfriend at her job. Came home, took a nap. woke up smoked again played some civilization 6 and basically just kept smoking and chilling on my phone reading random stuff on reddit I'm interested in and rotating that between laying down with the phone, without it, or going on the pc to continue civ. Seems like a leisure/comfort focused day rather than any power seeking behavior.
    If you're asking whether Se types can be lazy and fat, then yes, I don't see why not. For them, leisure is about consumption rather than relaxation, though this distinction may not be easy to see in someone's leisure activities alone.

But socionics is not just about behavior, it's about motivations and how you conceive of the world. If you're set on being Si ego then LSE is far, far, far more likely than SLI. If Se is something you use automatically, without having it as a true priority, then it could be your demonstrative function.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<double post>

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That sounds amazing to me.

I agree that you’re SLE lol and I like you. I also have many Si, SEE etc qualities.

And fwiw I typed as ENFJ under MBTI for a few years too in my late teens before I was shown Socionics and SLE descriptions by an IEI girlfriend of mine who used to come onto this forum.

It’s more complicated but if you’re interested in what explains the Si-ness, Bukalov gives SLEs +Si and -Se with signed functions. In other words we want to reduce negative aspects of Se and increase the positive impacts of Si even though we have Si in our Id and ignore it and lead with -Se. I think this leads to SLEs wanting control of themselves and force/violence in order to not create more needlessly. Gamma and delta quadra have +Se and it’s a different story.
    Last edited by sbbds; 02-28-2019 at 10:32 AM.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jaime Lannister is probably SLE.

He’s not much like an SLI.

It’s kind of unusual for so many people to be insisting that someone is a specific type—the same type. Often it’s a clusterfuck and no one agrees.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you're asking whether Se types can be lazy and fat, then yes, I don't see why not. For them, leisure is about consumption rather than relaxation, though this distinction may not be easy to see in someone's leisure activities alone.

But socionics is not just about behavior, it's about motivations and how you conceive of the world. If you're set on being Si ego then LSE is far, far, far more likely than SLI. If Se is something you use automatically, without having it as a true priority, then it could be your demonstrative function.
    I believe you are correct actually. I found the idea of being an introvert very strange for myself. I am constantly interacting with external objects whether it's a person, computer, phone, book, consumption of the plant I enjoy so much or food it seems to be some sort of interaction externally. I can VERY rarely just sit there and do nothing. In fact that sounds like a really miserable thought to me. Even when I'm relaxing I'm usually playing a video game or reading something. Even watching a show with my friends or gf, I get up every here and there and do some stretches or foam roll.. I don't just sit there and relax like many Si valuers I know do. Maybe for 5-10 minutes until I get up to just walk around my apartment lol. My dad can just sit in front of the tv for hours eating seeds and using toothpicks without getting up. Sounds like a nightmare to me. Actually I suspect him of being SLI. It's just when I read the oldham and sociotype descriptions of ISTp I relate very much to the functional breakdown. However when I told my friends I might be an introvert before introducing this to them, they literally laughed and said no way, but after reading the descriptions they were starting to think otherwise.

So I'm definitely Se lead or possibly ESTj. Maybe I gamma Se? I don't try to climb or rise in hierarchies.. I think people that have to resort to titles like manager or supervisor to have power don't have real power. I prefer to have my own, rather than relying on superficial labels such as your position in a structured hierarchy. That's the only thing keeping me from 100% accepting ESTp. I am more about self power and mastering my mind. In fact if you are familiar with David Goggins I love all the stuff he says about mastering your mind and mental toughness and relate to a lot as well, guy is a complete inspiration for me. I actually built and toughed my mind similarly to how he did, so when I discovered him in the past few days I was in my complete glory listening to his story. I plan on buying his book as well. Hopefully this helps better into my perspective because I think you're right in that the motivation for things I do is personal power so others can't hurt me, even if a lot of my behavior seeks comfort. It looks to be a matter of what my Se is backed with, unless these previous things make me ESTj. I read quadra values with someone I'm friends with and they said I sound somewhat Gamma SF but a lot like Te Si under Delta on this article

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...cs-Four-Quadra

so we read delta types and that's when I thought ISTp made sense for me.

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    That sounds amazing to me.

I agree that you’re SLE lol and I like you. I also have many Si, SEE etc qualities.

And fwiw I typed as ENFJ under MBTI for a few years too in my late teens before I was shown Socionics and SLE descriptions by an IEI girlfriend of mine who used to come onto this forum.

It’s more complicated but if you’re interested in what explains the Si-ness, Bukalov gives SLEs +Si and -Se with signed functions. In other words we want to reduce negative aspects of Se and increase the positive impacts of Si even though we have Si in our Id and ignore it and lead with -Se. I think this leads to SLEs wanting control of themselves and force/violence in order to not create more needlessly. Gamma and delta quadra have +Se and it’s a different story.
    I was actually ENFP in MBTI then ENFJ.. Looking back now it's funny to me that I ever took MBTI seriously lol. Such a cop out version of socionics and Jung imo. But thanks haha. That's usually along the lines of how my days off go.

Hmm that article sounds very interesting, do you mind sharing the link?

Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    Jaime Lannister is probably SLE.

He’s not much like an SLI.

It’s kind of unusual for so many people to be insisting that someone is a specific type—the same type. Often it’s a clusterfuck and no one agrees.

I just rechecked the thread and you're right the typings are all over the place. I guess since the actor seems to be ISTp I was confusing it haha. But I always viewed Cersei as the ESTp between the two of them. He seemed like a Te ego to me but I suppose ESTp makes sense. FE HA his father criticizes him for being concerned with what people thought of his reputation
    Last edited by kingslayer; 03-01-2019 at 07:47 PM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Suso is SEI imo

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LeaderLightChange View Post
    Suso is SEI imo
    Either way I can provide images for vi if that'll help

I don't know anything about him I just saw him in a socionics gallery under estp and saw some similar feature. My face is wider though with fatter cheeks

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Describe what you were doing both inside and outside your head on the last walk that you went on.
    -

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hello everyone, I can't find any questionnaires here to answer so I'm going to post some info here and hope it can help you guys out. Basically, I think I understand Socionics well, and have shown it to people I know IRL including my co-workers some friends and girlfriend and they seem to have a decent understanding as well, but I'd like to know what the experts think. I want to hear the opinion of people who have been reading this longer than I have. Which unfortunately none of the people I mentioned before have. None of them were looking at Socionics until I showed it to them. I can provide images of myself as well for VI purposes or answer specific questions any user would like to provide to help determine my information processing.

Basically, I think I'm ESTp- SE sub. My enneagram is 8w7 6w7 4w5 Sx first acording to mulitple online and tritype tests. I also read many descriptions and think the behavior is in line with how I act.

I do believe I am ESTp though because : I love to work out. First thing I did today was grab a coffee and hit the gym after getting out of bed. I follow a strict diet in order to maximize my fat loss while mainitng muscle at the moment and in a few months will switch to bulking. I have no issue switching my diet and what I eat in honor of my workout goal. My manager laughs at how I can eat the same thing everyday for lunch ( 2 ham wraps with lettuce no cheese or dressing) because of how committed I am to the results. I love 2 eat, love a nice big expensive meal, but I can easily suck this up in order to pursue my goal. Which is to get stronger, better looking, better shape and feel better about myself. I like to make people feel my presnece.. I can't stand bullies or phonies. I'm very good at seeing right through people and people fronting like their tough guys in order to scare/intimidate the ones who are weak drives me insane. I love nothing more than getting right near the prick and letting them feel my presence. I usually don't even have to look at them or say anything. They just see me and feel me and straighten up towards everyone.

I also find myself in control a lot without even trying to establish control. At work my manager comes to me for advice on how to manage the rest of the team lol. I just come somewhere and I immediately feel like people in the environment are submitting to my control. mind you I don't think I'm doing anything to establish it. Maybe subconsciously. But i don't really desire to control the people around me, I just want to let them know I will not be controlled or harmed by them.Though I guess I can see how unconsciously this leads me to control my surrounding without even realizing it. Since what better way to avoid being controlled than taking it yourself right? The few that don't, I don't care to make them do it and will usually just not really talk to them much anyway, however if they come to me and try to take control of me, I don't know what it is. I just don't care and don't let them do it. I don't fight for control back but they usually end up giving their own to me after trying to take it from me. Does this point to strong Se+Ti?

I can be very engaged, but at times I become withdrawn in my head and its hard to snap out of it. And when I'm there its bad. I dont have the control and power I love to have in my environment. I feel like people can bully or hurt me because I'm not at my finest. I know if they try I will fuck them up it's not a worry to me, but I just have this fear like I'm coming off inadequate and not as powerful as I really am which will lead to them trying me which lead to me saying or doing something very ruthless to make them fuck off and remind them and everyone around us I am not to be fucked with. However I enjoy days when I just come off so engaged and confident that people are afraid to even try it. When I am in the confident mood, I can deflect any talk with a joke or a stern statement. However when I am negative and withdrawn like that, I can literally say something as bad as "get the fuck out of my face before I choke you out" which is why I withdraw. To avoid the potential legal and societal repercussions of acting such a way. I'm 25 and work full time. I can't be getting into scraps over bullshit. Though if it were legal or socially acceptable I would have no issue and would even find pleasure in punching some entitled jerk off in the face to make them wake the fuck up and smell realty. I had a rough upbringing at home and school and I think it lead to this perspective I have. This isn't often but this withdrawn state can lasts for a week at a time. usually meditating or getting really drunk and stoned snaps me out of it. It's almost like this build up of tension and negativity and I let it withdraw me so that I don't walking around slamming every asshole that pisses me off into the wall by their throat lol.

When I read descriptions on this website http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/types/SLE-ESTp/ I see a lot of myself throughout things like Fi and Ne Ni Te. However the way it describes Se lead doesn't totally sound like me. In fact I kind of sound ENFj based on the descriptions there. I don't know. I always thought I had Ti ego. However once we look at VI or subtype descriptions, I sound just like an ESTp SE sub and Vi a lot like Matt Dillon, Mussolini some what, this guy Suso who plays soccer (saw on a socionics gallery under ESTps) and according to my girlfriend like Marlon Brando. Which I don't see personally but I definetely see Suso and Matt Dillon.

The route I went to decide ESTp was.. I looked at some dichotomies, and although I couldn't determine myself on most some things I noticed for sure are:
    I am consturctivist and I am negativist. Also believe I am irrational and static. Which leaves a few types. ENFp and ESTp basically. No way I'm an introvert.

But yeah.. thats all I really have for now I'd love to answer more questions to help the forum better understand how I process info.
    if youre an 8 you probably wouldnt be doubting it and come asking for help here. so maybe a head type is in order. 7w8 fits SLE better anyways

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    if youre an 8 you probably wouldnt be doubting it and come asking for help here. so maybe a head type is in order. 7w8 fits SLE better anyways
    Could be, but what I doubt is my Socionics type, not enneagram. I don't really relate to 7s. I relate a lot to 8s motivations and levels of health. I'm always worried someone might harm me, the 8's basic fear. I had to be strong around my own parents or they would push me around and guilt trip me to do stuff. The reason I doubt my socionics type is because I read a lot of stereotypes about ESTp's and it really didn't seem like me. They seem like snake oil sales people or brutes. While I can fight and do possess sales skills, I hate sales and think selling people on dishonest things is horrible. I also try to avoid fights due legal and social consequences. I would only sell people on stuff I myself believe in and if I think they really need it. I can easily see myself being any Se valuing extrovert hence why I was confused, even LSE seems viable to me. I really do see a lot of myself in Tony Soprano, with a lot less Narcissism and Sociopathy of course (he is fictional after all) and he seems like a clear cut 8w7 but people here are conflicted between LSE and SLE as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast