77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok this seems solid NT all-around.

~* astralsilky

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

Post types & fully individuated before 2012 ...

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lot of the music in this thread seems F style. Or maybe NiFe, ambient style. The problem is to get to the real T music, not just music that represents T style symbolically, like Future Sound of London that has a very futuristic, modern sound, but still F.

I like FSOL, I used to listen to it, but it sounds F.

One should try to find music that conveys as little feeling or mood as possible. Maybe it's not possible to get rid of all the F though.

ok, I'll try:

What about Stockhausen?

even Mozart seems often surprisingly T, when one listens with it in mind, like in this sonata:

some more Bach:
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    A lot of the music in this thread seems F style. Or maybe NiFe, ambient style. The problem is to get to the real T music, not just music that represents T style symbolically, like Future Sound of London that has a very futuristic, modern sound, but still F.
    FSOL is more + style to me than F in general, but I have to agree that some pieces are more F than others. But it depends on the tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo
    I like FSOL, I used to listen to it, but it sounds F.
    Factories and Assembly is just an extreme example for T style.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo
    One should try to find music that conveys as little feeling or mood as possible. Maybe it's not possible to get rid of all the F though.
    Maybe try some noise style "music"?

It's neither T or F, it's simply a randomness of sound. I wonder who wants to listen to such stuff and likes it.