TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default Let's discuss SLE

1. Able to make lasting relations
    2. Protective. From an SLE friend "You can recognize an ESTP by his tribes. They have many groups loyal to them, like my crew for the last 12 years, my team in the office. Older ESTP’s, i.e. over 40 years old, also tend to have deeper meaningful relationships (Fe-Ni). We are protectors of the people in our tribe. The people under my wing have a lion at the gate.
    I still feel responsible for people who worked in my team many years ago. If their current manager doesn’t treat them well, I will kick his ass. I see the same with two ESTP managers and I love to see how they operate!"
    3. Like using humor more.
    4. Strive to provide the highest quality in goods and service.
    5. Work at something for a very long time. Work in science diligently. Dedicate to something they take pleasure in for a long time Ni.
    6. Can be extremely frugal living on a skimpy means.
    7. Humor, funny, even in subtle ways.
    8. Sympathetic
    9. Want to be LOVED so they are among the most sympathetic types.
    10. Strong...consistently physically train at something "If we have fear it would be to be a coward.There were times when it would be much smarter to run away from danger but I tend to stay because running away would make me feel weak."
    11. Can make harsh or rude jokes that may offend sensitive Fi types like "I can make a cruel joke with my Fi blind-spot. Like at high-school a girl would ask me if I like dogs and I would say: yes, medium done with ketchup." AND "Or if they ask me why I don’t give money to a beggar, my Se-Ti responds by saying he should not beg but do something useful to make money. Not a joke but that’s just how I think." Fi finds this harsh because one should love and care for dogs and the homeless are in such a circumstance for various reasons and don't make fun of the unfortunate. have some compassion
    12. Positive-Silver lining kind of person
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 01-05-2019 at 04:04 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    D-ESI-Se 1w2
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An ennobling and attractive representation. Also, at least 90% snipes my best friend.

Sorry Y'all, we can't all have the best Dual
    "We live in an age in which there is no heroic death."

Model A: ESI-Se -
    DCNH: Dominant

Enneagram: 1w2, 2w1, 6w7
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/So

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Luminous Lynx View Post
    An ennobling and attractive representation. Also, at least 90% snipes my best friend.

Wonderful!
    Would you happen to have observations that you can add to my list? (Ever expanding)
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Luminous Lynx View Post
    don't have to rub it in my face

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now, able to make lasting relationships, mostly only with people from their 'clan'...
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get that this is trying to be positive about your conflictor but idk.

Yes we can make positive lasting relations, if our Fe HA is good enough. But we don’t ever have good control over this per se, except post facto. I can’t really just fabricate good relations like strong ethical types can. If I have a good relationship with someone, it’s that I happen to have been put into a situation close together with them, we inherently get along and I (or they) haven’t messed it up yet.

I cannot speak for all SLEs, I guess I’m a more sensitive “harmonizing” type SLE, but when I get close to someone and let them in, it really takes a lot and I let them deep in to register them as part of my “clan” or whatever (really I think this stereotype is stupidly overblown just because of the image of team sports, and we’re mostly lone wolf independent type people at the core). I think about how to give people I care about objective positive benefit in their life, so that probably helps with keeping good relations.
    Last edited by sbbds; 01-06-2019 at 07:22 AM.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Now, able to make lasting relationships, mostly only with people from their 'clan'...
    Sometimes you remind me of this slender old LIE-looking lady I saw at my dentist’s office once. She chastised me for talking to my mom in a way she didn’t approve of, and I told her she should sit down so the dust wouldn’t fall out of her vagina.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    11. Can make harsh or rude jokes that may offend sensitive Fi types like "I can make a cruel joke with my Fi blind-spot. Like at high-school a girl would ask me if I like dogs and I would say: yes, medium done with ketchup." AND "Or if they ask me why I don’t give money to a beggar, my Se-Ti responds by saying he should not beg but do something useful to make money. Not a joke but that’s just how I think." Fi finds this harsh because one should love and care for dogs and the homeless are in such a circumstance for various reasons and don't make fun of the unfortunate. have some compassion
    This is really unrealistic. I would say something like, “The poor are systematically oppressed, but so am I.”

12. Positive-Silver lining kind of person

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post

Yes we can make positive lasting relations, if our Fe HA is good enough. But we don’t ever have good control over this per se, except post facto. I can’t really just fabricate good relations like strong ethical types can. If I have a good relationship with someone, it’s that I happen to have been put into a situation close together with them, we inherently get along and I (or they) haven’t messed it up yet.

I cannot speak for all SLEs, I guess I’m a more sensitive “harmonizing” type SLE, but when I get close to someone and let them in, it really takes a lot and I let them deep in to register them as part of my “clan” or whatever (really I think this stereotype is stupidly overblown just because of the image of team sports, and we’re mostly lone wolf independent type people at the core). I think about how to give people I care about objective positive benefit in their life, so that probably helps with keeping good relations.
    I have great examples of sle in ltr joe Biden, Gordon Ramsey
    -

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have great examples of sle in ltr joe Biden, Gordon Ramsey
    Why are you responding with this lol

I didn’t say we couldn’t have ltr. My point is just that the wording of “make” good relations is questionable.

Post if you want though...

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Why are you responding with this lol

I didn’t say we couldn’t have ltr. My point is just that the wording of “make” good relations is questionable.

Post if you want though...
    Well making lasting relationships has partly to do with acceptance of others. I find that sle can accept their kids for being different (example gay) because of the concept of the tribe.
    -

Total sweetheart PussyInASarcophagus's Avatar
    TIM
    SLE 8w9
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beta ST would probably beat the shit out of their kids if they were to come out as gay unless they were the more liberal kind.

I really like SLEs for the most part. However, there may be some things that do matter. They don't really see this however and that tendency to be frugal is detestable.

I cannot find a concrete reason to dislike them, as I do with ILEs or even some SEEs. Maybe for some who are too concerned about the needs of their tribes?

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is really unrealistic. I would say something like, “The poor are systematically oppressed, but so am I.”

Actually the dog joke is something ILEs or Lies are more likely to do imho

SLEs are a bit more sensitive about social clues

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I actually feel exactly the same way about lasting relations. This is probably a result of both LIE’s and SLE’s having 1D Fi and 2D Fe.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PussyInASarcophagus View Post
    Beta ST would probably beat the shit out of their kids if they were to come out as gay unless they were the more liberal kind.
    False.

I would have thrown you into the forest, to be eaten by a gay bear.

Or straight into the dumpster right outside of the hospital room LOL. Right when I catch a glimpse of that rainbow umbilical cord.

Jk I’m extremely liberal and have volunteered at LGBT parades.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well making lasting relationships has partly to do with acceptance of others. I find that sle can accept their kids for being different (example gay) because of the concept of the tribe.
    Why must it be called “tribe” just because of Fe Se? Why can’t it just be the regular concept of family?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Jk I’m extremely liberal and have volunteered at LGBT parades.

Quote Originally Posted by PussyInASarcophagus View Post

I really like SLEs for the most part. However, there may be some things that do matter. They don't really see this however and that tendency to be frugal is detestable.

I cannot find a concrete reason to dislike them, as I do with ILEs or even some SEEs. Maybe for some who are too concerned about the needs of their tribes?
    I don't type by stereotypes. Notice I said "can be" instead of "are" I use "are" when I see a huge tendency...

Why must it be called “tribe” just because of Fe Se? Why can’t it just be the regular concept of family?
    because tribes have certain camaraderie to them right? Certainly to them
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

On the explanation of the "tribe" because they are on other teams rather than just family, like sport team and office team.
    -

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometimes you remind me of this slender old LIE-looking lady I saw at my dentist’s office once. She chastised me for talking to my mom in a way she didn’t approve of, and I told her she should sit down so the dust wouldn’t fall out of her vagina.
    Fi failure.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

"Let's discuss SLEs"
    Let's not. We wouldn't want their Se to get pumped up even further now, would we?
    Naturally, when they're discussed, only good things are left to be said about them.

Seriously now, most of them are great. They are less intimidating than you'd think, and more afraid of you than you are of them! Feed them plenty, take them on daily walks and keep them entertained through Fe-style fuckassery, and they'll curl up on your lap (menacingly).
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

TIM
    SLE 8w9
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't type by stereotypes. Notice I said "can be" instead of "are" I use "are" when I see a huge tendency...
    That was me being funny, guess only sbbds got it though. Not sure what do you mean by that, observations aren't stereotypical.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    Fi failure.
    It’s mutual 1D Fi winning / Charlie Sheen

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Plumes View Post
    "Let's discuss SLEs"
    Let's not. We wouldn't want their Se to get pumped up even further now, would we?
    Naturally, when they're discussed, only good things are left to be said about them.

Seriously now, most of them are great. They are less intimidating than you'd think, and more afraid of you than you are of them! Feed them plenty, take them on daily walks and keep them entertained through Fe-style fuckassery, and they'll curl up on your lap (menacingly).
    Like a pet insect. Run your fingers through my silky cockroach hairs.

TIM
    SLE 8w9
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    Fi failure.
    That story made me LOL. More like Delta Fi failure.

And the LIE seems stuck up. Maybe it's just a cultural thing but for a supposed Fi ego, I don't really have concerns over how people express themselves like that, unless it's out of place and tacky

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Like a pet insect. Run your fingers through my silky cockroach hairs.
    More like this

87af0fa-2.jpg
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Haha
    Quote Originally Posted by Plumes View Post
    "Let's discuss SLEs"

-

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Also I’m not trying to be positive . I’m a positivist type. I see the goodness first
    -

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

& quick to kick nonquadra members out, in my real life experience. And I didn't even mention Trump. Ok. Now I did.
    ~* astralsilky

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

Post types & fully individuated before 2012 ...

TIM
    ESTp 7w8
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had an ESTp-Se friend for much of high school and college. He currently attends college on a football scholarship and is employed as a security officer.

He had his own 'clan', which often included members of the high school football and basketball team. He greatly enjoyed the camaraderie and physical contact aspects of the sport environment.

He was quite egotistical, stubborn, and 'loud', occasionally appearing arrogant. He was also much into fashion, specifically accessories.

He was not 'bossy' or domineering. Traits that I find more common in ESFps and ISTjs.

He did not date/sleep around. He dated two girls, whom I thought both were ESFps. Eventually, he tried to secretly hit on my ISFj-Se girlfriend, which led to the dissolution of our friendship.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

In other cases what happens in your experience?

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    In other cases what happens in your experience?
    In my experience - they'll be fine with you one-on-one but may try to socially bully you when in presence of their "true" friends or such.

Not that I'm the master at choosing who to hang out with, mind you.

TIM
    ILe-nE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your normal everyday SLE

"Xiong Mao"
    TIM
    LII - Ne
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ime, SLEs are sweet, almost saccharine. They're like polar bears that give hugs or something. They have a sense of duty towards the people they love. I kind of tend to see them as providers, in the same vein as LSIs... A whole lot of bravado, you have to realize the whole of the beta quadra is somewhat theatrical and not just EIEs. They like dramatic displays of emotion and like being in an emotionally charged environment.

Betas in general tend to have a "fuck the system" mentality and you see this in SLEs most overtly. I don't necessarily mean rioting in the street or something, more like doing things in an unconventional way. Alphas are like that too, but Betas tend to be more "in your face" about it.

The ones I know are real gentlemen/ladies and they are surprisingly submissive as well. My brother is an SLE and he never says "no" to any of my whims. I've seen him accompany me and look bored to death, but he never says no.

Respect is also a big deal, give and take respect, but you also need to be able to command respect. This is more for LSIs, I think (not sure). They're aware of power dynamics and so can easily become a protector of the weak. Aristocratic? Yes. Snobbish? No. As for the whole `clan` thing... it's probably true? It's more like wanting to be in a place where I get to make all the rules, where everyone knows their place, where I'm respected and my worth is acknowledged, etc. Betas tend to like hierarchical systems. I think Deltas are also very clan-ish in that sense? (not sure)

What do you think @sbbds accurate or am I mistaken?

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pano Lou View Post
    Ime, SLEs are sweet, almost saccharine. They're like polar bears that give hugs or something. They have a sense of duty towards the people they love. I kind of tend to see them as providers, in the same vein as LSIs... A whole lot of bravado, you have to realize the whole of the beta quadra is somewhat theatrical and not just EIEs. They like dramatic displays of emotion and like being in an emotionally charged environment.

Betas in general tend to have a "fuck the system" mentality and you see this in SLEs most overtly. I don't necessarily mean rioting in the street or something, more like doing things in an unconventional way. Alphas are like that too, but Betas tend to be more "in your face" about it.

The ones I know are real gentlemen/ladies and they are surprisingly submissive as well. My brother is an SLE and he never says "no" to any of my whims. I've seen him accompany me and look bored to death, but he never says no.

Respect is also a big deal, give and take respect, but you also need to be able to command respect. This is more for LSIs, I think (not sure). They're aware of power dynamics and so can easily become a protector of the weak. Aristocratic? Yes. Snobbish? No. As for the whole `clan` thing... it's probably true? It's more like wanting to be in a place where I get to make all the rules, where everyone knows their place, where I'm respected and my worth is acknowledged, etc. Betas tend to like hierarchical systems. I think Deltas are also very clan-ish in that sense? (not sure)

What do you think @sbbds accurate or am I mistaken?
    Very accurate. People have compared me to a (polar) bear many times in IRL, have called me soft, soft-hearted, etc. Thanks very much for this! Lol

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here’s the explanation: If you’re stronger than almost everyone else, and you don’t go out of your way to make yourself look weak and to help others, you’re basically just a douche.

That’s the average SLE psyche in a nutshell IMO.

"Xiong Mao"
    TIM
    LII - Ne
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very accurate. People have compared me to a (polar) bear many times in IRL, have called me soft, soft-hearted, etc. Thanks very much for this! Lol
    Your welcome^^

I think SLE is one of the most misconstrued types out there... they're painted as brutes, like Gaston from 'The Beauty and The Beast.' I think PoLR Fi hits SLE harder than ILEs. Because Betas want to command respect, not being respected would be a huge deal. SLE tend to minimize Fi. A good example of PoLR Fi in a Bad SLE is like Charlie Sheen in 'Two and A Half Men.' There's a scene where his therapist asks him to describe his feelings for his mother, his brother and his nephew. His response is "Pissed off, pissed off and sad." Throughout the show it is implied that his mother has greatly damaged him to a point where he can't have normal relations with a woman.

But that's also the thing... because of PoLR Fi, he doesn't care to admit that he does have damaged relationships with people. I think this is why IxE come off as kind of socially awkward. Because they don't care to check up on this. With SLE's forceful Se approach, it comes off as more heavy handed. This doesn't mean immorality... Charlie is portrayed as being downright naive sometimes, and it's shown there are worse people in the world than him. He has a desire to do good as well, even through his issues. He's not a good representative of the type for sure, but he does show the vulnerable side of SLE...

I had someone tell me they wanted to be SLE because SLE are badass... they wouldn't know the mountain of duty and responsibility that would come from that. I like to think the IEIs run the Beta quadra secretly... SLE's dual is the IEI, not a very practical or driven type. So you would imagine they would have the skills to compensate for that.

"Xiong Mao"
    TIM
    LII - Ne
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The ethical core of the Beta quadra is the IEI. The SLE has the will power and strength to shape the world in the image of the IEIs vision. It is a very 'world builder' kind of type... like Atlas supporting the weight of the world on his shoulders. I am biased lol and I may be romanticizing it xD

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your welcome^^

I think SLE is one of the most misconstrued types out there... they're painted as brutes, like Gaston from 'The Beauty and The Beast.' I think PoLR Fi hits SLE harder than ILEs. Because Betas want to command respect, not being respected would be a huge deal. SLE tend to minimize Fi. A good example of PoLR Fi in a Bad SLE is like Charlie Sheen in 'Two and A Half Men.' There's a scene where his therapist asks him to describe his feelings for his mother, his brother and his nephew. His response is "Pissed off, pissed off and sad." Throughout the show it is implied that his mother has greatly damaged him to a point where he can't have normal relations with a woman.

But that's also the thing... because of PoLR Fi, he doesn't care to admit that he does have damaged relationships with people. I think this is why IxE come off as kind of socially awkward. Because they don't care to check up on this. With SLE's forceful Se approach, it comes off as more heavy handed. This doesn't mean immorality... Charlie is portrayed as being downright naive sometimes, and it's shown there are worse people in the world than him. He has a desire to do good as well, even through his issues. He's not a good representative of the type for sure, but he does show the vulnerable side of SLE...

I had someone tell me they wanted to be SLE because SLE are badass... they wouldn't know the mountain of duty and responsibility that would come from that. I like to think the IEIs run the Beta quadra secretly... SLE's dual is the IEI, not a very practical or driven type. So you would imagine they would have the skills to compensate for that.
    I think Gaston is probably a messed up LSE. The Beast is closer for SLE (a misunderstood hairy beast).

Charlie Sheen is a typical manchild SLE. Male SLEs get hit hard by society like other logician males since usually they aren’t given enough positive incentive to express their emotions and to introspect about themselves. IIRC Charlie Sheen is guilty of sexual harassment or misbehaviour, which is immoral unfortunately. If you don’t learn to deal with people and emotions, something’s going to give eventually.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by karas View Post
    Your normal everyday SLE
    Kinda sorta looks LSE ish
    -

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had someone tell me they wanted to be SLE because SLE are badass... they wouldn't know the mountain of duty and responsibility that would come from that.

Right. Every ounce of “power” in reality has to be balanced out with service to others for it to be maintained.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast