Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where do normal Alphas hang out?

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Where do normal Alphas hang out?

~* astralsilky

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

Post types & fully individuated before 2012 ...

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Parties. Bars. Well, ILE's anyway. LII's, not so much.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Bar. Where the good food is sushi
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Total sweetheart PussyInASarcophagus's Avatar
    TIM
    SLE 8w9
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Their grandparents house

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nerdy gatherings, especially ones with food available
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

D&D or Magic the Gathering

https://youtu.be/JirvSuZQ-gA?t=225
    TIM
    IEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lol one of my coworkers who's always all smiley and being social plays magic the gathering. She asked me if I played but I told her I wouldn't wanna play unless I could be the best or at least have the time to get good. And I don't really have the interest for that.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Family gathering-esque places. I don’t live in the US so I cannot confirm, but I’ve heard of Chuck E Cheese which is a place you might want to try lol.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I asked an ILE where he took his first dates, and he said a bowling alley.

I said to him, "I didn't know you bowled." He said, "I don't. It's something that we both suck at. Plus, there's beer."

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

God. Hiking, badminton and bowling makes me think Alpha trifecta lol. I’m sure Alphas also consider church a sport for appeasing Deltas.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Somewhere that allows us to live our childish nerdy instincts in the adult world without getting caught, or if we get caught, we're the best.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alpha and WASP are basically interchangeable

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nebula View Post
    D&D or Magic the Gathering
    D&D or MtG accompanied by bootleg Bo Burnham humor is pretty much peak alpha in my experience. Also just dabbling in whatever flavor-of-the-week game or activity they've decided to latch onto; I remember a pair of friends of mine (ILE and ESE most likely) would basically have a new shared hobby every day.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Like members of any quadra, they can hang out in any environment.

I find they enjoy environments where there is food/drink, and lots of (in my opinion) purposeless banter and cheeriness.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Usually ESE's arrange something, SEI's can be huge homebodies. Latter one sounds more attractive. Like the ILE Eric from video below divorced ESE (if I have understood correctly) because it was too much Fe for him and ESE did not really approve his occasional schizoid tendencies.

So you can find ILE's pushing a trolley chicken in it. It almost sounds like something I would do on my free time.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Troll Nr 007, trolley with a chicken in it, lol! & Chuck E Cheese lol. I liked the shows at Major Magic's when I was a kid and went there with my family.

As perhaps an atypical SEI, I have rarely gone into bars. I find them boring but of course it can be the company one keeps which brings a place to life. I don't get buzzed from most alcohol so when around other drinkers, tend to come out of my shell more in hopes they will be more accepting and attribute my behavior to the alcohol. Limh.

My biggest personal hangouts over the years have been bookstores and coffee shops.

I am too much of a snob to go bowling. I have only done it a few times in high school for charity (lol that sounds funny but I meant fundraising competitions).

You can count me out of most athletics because Se is my 7th function. It would have to be a sport like badminton where you are extremely unlikely to get hurt. Even then I would need coaxing to play.

I rarely have gone to the beach even though there is ample opportunity where I live. I can't stand feet and I can't swim either, so there are two major aversions - especially seeing people's feet exposed.

Now everyone please don't go changing your avatars to naked feet.

I like bars that have jukeboxes because then I can play DJ. I love doing that. You can set up songs that set the whole mood for a group of people if you do it right. And I have done many kinds of moods. But the place has to be comfortable and let's face it - bars tend to have many uncomfy chairs. And if people get too loud like a non-Adam Strangish ENTJ female making a scene, I want to hide away from the unpleasant feelings. So even if a halfway cozy bar with an awesome mega jukebox exists, if I am feeling tired in any way or in discomfortable health in any way I might try not to go because loud obnoxious people might cause more physical pain for me to be around.

Dance clubs are a great prospect for the dancing but they are not as interesting now as say 20 years ago. Often the music sucks at any decade so I am fussy about how good the music is. But when it is good, it is really good. My financial astuteness generally makes me unwilling to pay much in a cover charge though nor much on alcohol because it seems too much of a luxury I can't regularly afford, even if it is $5. I would rather save for a home and cozy environmental investments I can own.

Hmm. I like going to parks. Walking a mile or two. I like visiting museums and galleries so I go at least once a year but would prefer more if I had money to blow.

I have never been invited to a nerdy gathering. That sounds fun.

I remember throwing 2 parties that went well. They were smaller guest lists since I am an introvert and don't know many people to invite for fun who would come. I think my old best friend who died in a car accident was ILE. She threw a party at her house once and we had a blast. If she were still around, I am sure we would've had many more. I met her in college at the learning Center. In fact, I do enjoy hanging out at colleges and learning centers when you can belong there a bit. But those days are behind me.

I've picked up a guy at the library before and run into friends there but obviously it is not an ideal place for a hangout.

I have visited with family a lot in the past especially seeing Grandma in the nursing home regularly. That was not exactly a hot spot for a smashing young social life but I don't regret her ESE companionship one bit.
    ~* astralsilky

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

Post types & fully individuated before 2012 ...

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I spend a lot of free time in libraries. Many SEIs seem to as well, for what that’s worth. Otherwise I don’t go out too much of my own volition. Being in a relationship has helped somewhat in that respect. Maybe to parks — I like to walk, and to people-watch.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Construction is generally ST land, but I always find alpha SFs there also. ESE, SEI, Normalizing, Dominant, sometimes Creative, only one Harmonizing so far. My last co-worker was C-ESE, very experienced, and totally random in his methods. Funny guy. He later got into some argument with the work supervisors and left. Apparently he just stopped working and just chatted with people during the day because he felt like it.

Almost no intuitives, although they can be spotted sometimes.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    Construction is generally ST land, but I always find alpha SFs there also. ESE, SEI, Normalizing, Dominant, sometimes Creative, only one Harmonizing so far. My last co-worker was C-ESE, very experienced, and totally random in his methods. Funny guy. He later got into some argument with the work supervisors and left. Apparently he just stopped working and just chatted with people during the day because he felt like it.

Almost no intuitives, although they can be spotted sometimes.
    No intuitives? No kidding.

I went out for a walk this morning along a street that has been torn up all summer. The old road was cut out for about a mile, then a deep trench dug up and filled in, then asphalted over temporarily, and now the concrete is being replaced. I passed a construction worker who was just walking to work and I asked him, "What's going on here?"
    "Putting in a curb."
    "No, I mean, why did they dig up the road?"
    "No idea. Have a nice day."

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

normal? Where are the normal alphas? I have yet to find any.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Perpetual Now View Post
    normal? Where are the normal alphas? I have yet to find any.
    So in this case societally abnormal is normal in a quadra. Have a visit at local insane asylum but be sure it is not for criminally insane- that is the place where betas hang out.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Although I detested it, I went to many bars, parties and dances to meet someone; so for me, it was like a project and I would remain only until all possibilities were exhausted, which sometimes took very little time. I preferred weightlifting, running, biking, canoeing/boating and wilderness camping because these activities seemed to really clear my mind (and three of them were useful as daily transportation); on occasion, I've taken women on these activities but never met anyone during them. Now my dual loved the social events and interaction, and wished she had had more opportunities. I can only conclude that alphas don't all like hanging out in the same places although they may end up together at them.........

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    I preferred weightlifting, running, biking, canoeing/boating and wilderness camping because these activities seemed to really clear my mind (and three of them were useful as daily transportation)
    Yes indeed.

Here we can see ESE doing weightlifting with LII.

Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well the ILEs are off making cool music like this

TIM
    ILe-nE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PussyInASarcophagus View Post
    Their grandparents house
    Nope....

I

TIM
    NeTx-C (5w6)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post
    Nerdy gatherings, especially ones with food available
    I'll throw my support behind this one, as it matches my personal experience. If there is a good selection of food, and a good topic to get into, alphas will be there. It can be the stereotypical D&D/MtG/comics/anime type of gathering, a socionics meetup, or something that is less commonly regarded as nerdy like a fan forum of a band – whatever can pique interest and give an excuse to eat greasy food and drink beer.
    Most likely the most negative alpha you have met
    My life experiences may be tainted by living with an LII and an ILI I lovingly call Satan.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carnaedy View Post
    I'll throw my support behind this one, as it matches my personal experience. If there is a good selection of food, and a good topic to get into, alphas will be there. It can be the stereotypical D&D/MtG/comics/anime type of gathering, a socionics meetup, or something that is less commonly regarded as nerdy like a fan forum of a band – whatever can pique interest and give an excuse to eat greasy food and drink beer.
    Yeah I’ll pretty much go anywhere if I’m told there will be free food.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    Yeah I’ll pretty much go anywhere if I’m told there will be free food.
    I pretty much go anywhere where I can get attention that values weirdness or it has good comical elements. Private closed off insider events are big turn off.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my opinion thinker alphas you find in most nerdy universities programs and intellectual activities such as certain game events (board games, fighting for knowledge game). Ethic alphas you can find at any volunteering activities or events with fun without alcohol. Or i just know that type of alphas (not that i go near activities like that, i just know what ppl like)

TIM
    SEI-Si 648 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Museums, art galleries, biking on the beach, D&D MtG places, thrift stores, at a good restaurant, watching Marvel movies in the theater, taking a fun class together at school, grocery stores...

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in ur butthole

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    Although I detested it, I went to many bars, parties and dances to meet someone; so for me, it was like a project and I would remain only until all possibilities were exhausted, which sometimes took very little time. I preferred weightlifting, running, biking, canoeing/boating and wilderness camping because these activities seemed to really clear my mind (and three of them were useful as daily transportation); on occasion, I've taken women on these activities but never met anyone during them. Now my dual loved the social events and interaction, and wished she had had more opportunities. I can only conclude that alphas don't all like hanging out in the same places although they may end up together at them.........

a.k.a. I/O
    Honestly I think their favourite congregation would be in someone's comfortably lite living room playing board games and drinking and eating snacks. Maybe a culturally relevant movie playing in the background that everyone can enjoy, or at least get something from. For example youtube playing on the big screen smart TV. ESE are not the most extroverted, extroverts, all the time. SEI are homebodies as was mentioned. LII and ILE really go with the flow. Boredom happens easily, although the sensors can fall back into familiar creature comforts/mental activities (TV for example) without becoming bored. Lot's of novelties. Nick nack stores with glow in the dark posters for the young ones, and craft stores for the older more settled ones. Occasionally you get a more street style, cool guy, see SEI here. Lip piercings maybe, some sensing type activities, skate boarding for instance, some book nerds, ect.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I just imagine 'serious' role playing being pretty much Ni ego thing. Maybe one could expect it from LII's.

Anyway, I prefer to mock it. "I'm am your God/Jesus/flying spaghetti monster/whateva..."
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are no normal Alphas. We're all weirdos.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

stamp collecting shops, libraries, under your bed

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

The alpha rational couple I know went to the same college and on their anniversary they went back and posted pics of the grounds and scenes of the buildings on Facebook in celebration.

Maybe this isn't weird. I went to tech school so what do I know.

To be fair, i think that's where they met.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lmaooo

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As an Alpha (and most likely an LII) I only hang out wherever my friends (and family) invite me to. We normally just go to the movies, try new restaurants, have a light conversation at a cafe, go to a bookstore, etc. I never go to bars and I would never want to.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISFp- Playing guitar for cash on the streets

ESFj- Sucking up to their corporate boss to move up the ladder

ENTp- Rioting for some cause at a rally

INTj- Planning for world domination in their basement

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by peteronfireee View Post
    ISFp- Playing guitar for cash on the streets
    could be but not likely.
    ESFj- Sucking up to their corporate boss to move up the ladder
    sounds gamma SEE caricature.
    ENTp- Rioting for some cause at a rally
    sounds beta or delta from IEE end. Probably testing and busting stuff or getting totally unreal.
    INTj- Planning for world domination in their basement
    could be although domination could be quite far. Probably building up new theories.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast