Thread: Introduction

TIM
    ILI-N
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Introduction

Hello, I'm Varlawend. It's a nickname I came up with using the Ancient Ayleid language in Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, and it means Star Journey.

Needless to say, I used to play Oblivion avidly. I played many other video games in my past but haven't been as interested in gaming lately.

I am interested in philosophy of all sorts, mathematics, artificial intelligence, jungian psychology, language, mythology, occultism, and more besides. I love to read and to learn above all else and that is what I spend just about all of my time doing. I have studied so many typologies that it's hard to even keep track of them all, but I prefer to look at them from a meta-systemic level.

I'm associated with a number of Socionics groups:
    -The World Socionics Society, of which I currently run the Chicago chapter (and we are trying to get a regular meetup group going there: please join if you live in the area!)
    -Humanitarian Socionics of Victor Gulenko
    -A community of prominent posters on the various Jungian and Socionics reddits

I have been officially typed by Victor Gulenko as an ILI of the Harmonizing subtype.

Thanks for hosting me on this forum, and I look forward to contributing.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Welcome, Varlawend.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Welcome.

TIM
    D-ESI-Se 1w2
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love the name, loved the game, and a whopper list of interests, mate. I never thought to look into local Socionics groups, that's an excellent idea. How did You get typed by Gulenko personally? Does he have some contact info or paid service? Not that I'm not confident in my typing, but that's really cool, for novelty if nothing else lol
    "We live in an age in which there is no heroic death."

Model A: ESI-Se -
    DCNH: Dominant

Enneagram: 1w2, 2w1, 6w7
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/So

TIM
    ILI-N
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Luminous Lynx View Post
    Love the name, loved the game, and a whopper list of interests, mate. I never thought to look into local Socionics groups, that's an excellent idea. How did You get typed by Gulenko personally? Does he have some contact info or paid service? Not that I'm not confident in my typing, but that's really cool, for novelty if nothing else lol
    They have a typing service on their website now, if it's at all an interest:

https://socioniks.net/article/?id=210

Greetings to you all as well!

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome. I disagree with Gulenko's labels so fyi you are probably my dual.
    ~* astralsilky

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

Post types & fully individuated before 2012 ...

TIM
    ILI-N
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vesstheastralsilky View Post
    Welcome. I disagree with Gulenko's labels so fyi you are probably my dual.
    Interesting, what makes you think I'm ILE? I've been typed as: ILE, LII, EIE, IEI, ILI, and EII by different people, so I'm used to people thinking I'm all kinds of things. And I do think there are many ways of looking at a system like Socionics, where people use slightly different definitions, cluster categories, and levels of analysis that change things around.

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Varlawend View Post
    Interesting, what makes you think I'm ILE? I've been typed as: ILE, LII, EIE, IEI, ILI, and EII by different people, so I'm used to people thinking I'm all kinds of things. And I do think there are many ways of looking at a system like Socionics, where people use slightly different definitions, cluster categories, and levels of analysis that change things around.
    Well my understanding of functions and quadras turns out to be all swapped from Gulenko. But he collected a lot of data from people it seems to write compelling profiles anyway. If he type you ILI, I remember that profile and it is either Entps or intjs actuality. I have written a bit about my understanding of functions etc in posts I have blogged. They do still align with the understandings of many type theorists from various systems even if not all. I used archetypal astrology to help correct and augment the data better too. I do not endorse 100% of modern astrology out there but that is another matter. I have been interested in metaphysics all my life.
    ~* astralsilky

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

Post types & fully individuated before 2012 ...

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Varlawend View Post
    They have a typing service on their website now, if it's at all an interest:

https://socioniks.net/article/?id=210

Greetings to you all as well!
    Is it you in the video on the English page? I thought you seem H-ILI. Did Gulenko find some accentuated function in addition to the Harmonizing subtype
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    ILI-N
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    Is it you in the video on the English page? I thought you seem H-ILI. Did Gulenko find some accentuated function in addition to the Harmonizing subtype
    Yes, it is me.

And no, no particularly accentuated function, so I assume that I have the functional profile that you'd basically expect from an ILI-H. However, he did say that I have a very delicate balance between L (Ti) and T (Ni), so that's a good thing.

TIM
    ILI-N
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vesstheastralsilky View Post
    Well my understanding of functions and quadras turns out to be all swapped from Gulenko. But he collected a lot of data from people it seems to write compelling profiles anyway. If he type you ILI, I remember that profile and it is either Entps or intjs actuality. I have written a bit about my understanding of functions etc in posts I have blogged. They do still align with the understandings of many type theorists from various systems even if not all. I used archetypal astrology to help correct and augment the data better too. I do not endorse 100% of modern astrology out there but that is another matter. I have been interested in metaphysics all my life.
    Archetypal astrology is a discipline that I have a distant fascination with for now (e.g. the work of Richard Tarnas). Perhaps we can talk about it at some point, but my knowledge is meager at the moment. I do enjoy comparing different typology systems and I think that this is a fruitful endeavor. I have found great benefit to Humanitarian Socionics on its own merits though; it might be the most accurate and incisive typology system that I have yet to come across in terms of its working metaphysical assumptions and its ability to comprehend people while connecting a formidable breadth of ideas. That doesn't mean I'm not interested in improving it, however.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@vesstheastralsilky

There is nothing different about Gulenko's view of the quadras. I have studied the Humanitarian School of Socionics page, which is in Russian, but Chrome translates it into French for me. His view of the quadras corresponds to the common view of socionists, mainly that Alpha is the quadra of individualists who value intellectual freedom and exploring new ideas for its own sake, Gamma are the individualists who value freedom of action and freedom to undertake new projects. Liberal democracy and free markets are associated with gamma in Gulenko's school. Beta are the collectivists who want radical social changes and Delta are the collectivists who value local territory (as opposed to beta who want to lead large groups) and living healthy.

Keep in mind I cannot speak for Gulenko as I do not represent his school, but that is my understanding of it. I think his view of the quadras corresponds to the common view of socionists, there's nothing unusual about it. The main difference I have noticed is that he uses model G, instead of model A.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    ILI-N
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    It is my site. As you can see, I store a lot of Gulenko articles on there, just to have them easy to access in English. But, you can find them all on the official sites in their original Russian.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

aha, thanks. not a fan of Gulenko. I was looking for Tsypin's work and just found your blog, where did you take that? is there more around?

TIM
    ILI-N
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    aha, thanks. not a fan of Gulenko. I was looking for Tsypin's work and just found your blog, where did you take that? is there more around?
    The post that you linked contains an article from Gulenko's blog followed by part of a Tsypin article.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh, thanks Varlwaw, I didn't see that was from the wikisocion, when I clicked the original text link it redirected me to a weird russian advertising site :/