Quote Originally Posted by para View Post
But i get what you're saying. Si does not focus on imagination, and is an element 'of the moment' not 'through the moment' like Ni - it satisfies itself (quite literally) by searching for pleasant experiences. Now, here's a question - does Si experience pleasure from imagination? Can pleasure be experienced without the physical component and still be related to Si? A feeling of significance or interest can be pleasant, but can it be related to Si? I don't see this focussed on much.
Pleasantness in the sense of Si is not purely physical.
One example might be positive emotions: these are pleasant (and emotions such as anger and fear are not) despite not being "sensory". It's FeSi. But Ni is essentially the complete opposite of Si - imagination has no direct impact on one's wellbeing. If you think of Si as purely sensory it will be less confusing than the way you currently seem to understand it.

It's kind of amazing, I've seen at least 2 or 3 posts of this kind from different users here, where some type with weak Si has trouble comprehending how Si is not Ni.