TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Wandering Alpha Ne

As I was just discussing elsewhere,

I think I understand the necessary and practical purposes for an INTj in regard to 'restraint'... this is speakin in terms of myself here, and my online activities, somewhat.

If isn't kept in check, then it can seem like it is superceding for my main function. And I'm pretty sure I'm j... so when this happens, I get into a state of shock it seems.

I say this now because I'm making some observations about the last few weeks. I think I've fatigued my to some extent, in regard to cramming for tests, and doing a lot of things that required my main extraverted function. Taking in tons of new information, without being able to refine it or process it, I've noticed that it is one of the most stressful things for me. I think I've actually become sick, which is related to the stress that comes from fatigue.

to go on a tangent...
    overuse, for me, sort of feels like I need to use it more. But I can't, because if I do (too much), I get further and further away from .

And one last point to leave this post with: the last 2 weeks (very stressful academically) have made me appreciate planning and study time very much. I realize that, even though I may have a very intuitive streak at times, it IS best to try to keep that under wraps, because too much will burn me out. And I do not want to have to rely on Ne to rush. If I exhaust it, then it can throw me out of balance, or make me feel very fatigued.So in general, I have to use my leading function most, in order to feel pretty decent about things -- that seems to be the most imporant, most necessarily consistent thing for me. And as I am (I'm fairly certain) a j type, the rational function MUST remain my first function, and the more my secondary function tries to take over, the more out of balance and uneasy I become. The problem is, I've been toying around with a lot these last 2 years, so it has become very natural for me.... but I think, in the last two weeks (a very stressful time -- which probably makes me type stand out more clearly), I've really been able to see that I must use Ti first and Ne to help it out, and that is going to be the Best way for me to go about things.

I am reminded of the SOCIONICS profile:
    In his youth he often tends to a cheerful lifestyle with many friends, games of chance, booze. Later he comes to the conclusion that all those things are something other than what he really needs.
    I think developing my Ne, and other functions, has helped make me more confident in general, and much more talkative and so on. But in order for me to be 'really happy' about myself, and my life, and my direction, it does seem like I have to live via my ego block. Perhaps I am trying to make an "intuitive connection" here, but, I think this 'understanding' of my ego block necessities has something to do with the 'restraint' that an INTj can have. In some ways, I feel very overexposed -- and this even has to do with my own emotional expressions. If I overdo emotional expression (even fun things with friends, like jokes), then things get weird, and my /rythem has all those patterns set into it. Emotional expressions in this case are just the same as intuition overdoes, in that they both take away from my leading function.

So essentially, I am realizing the necessity of a certain level of "restraint" for my well being. I've read in many INTj profiles an aura of "restraint" (around strangers and such more so, of course), but I think I am beginning to see that such a method of interaction really IS a beneficial thing for an INTj.

I'm writting this partially for myslef, but I wonder if other INTjs can relate. And I also wonder how it is for ENTps -- I imagine it is simlar, but with some of the functions reversed, obviously.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I'm an INTj, and I can relate to the overusing thing. I always get headaches and feel tired after using it extensively thoroughout the day - I used to think it was lack of water .

overuse, for me, sort of feels like I need to use it more. But I can't, because if I do (too much), I get further and further away from .
    I try to relax when I get into such a situation, but I always try to carry on with what I was doing (because I might lose track or interest). But I've never really thought about it in terms of distance from before, though I suppose I have felt that I've let things slip sometimes (in terms of planning my day etc.). I reckon I'm T subtype, how about you? Do you reckon that a N subtype INTj would be further away from , and do they need to actively need to redress the balance between functions, or do they cope fine with their increased emphasis on ?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's interesting guys. i get tired when i overuse Ti. i never get tired from using Ne, but i do get bored with it. it's like old hat or something. after awhile nothing is really new anymore; it's all been done before. So Ne becomes the habit of finding out what others have said and putting stuff together; kind of routine, really.

but Ti takes a bit of discipline and like you when you overuse Ne, i get a headache. second function blahs??

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze8
    that's interesting guys. i get tired when i overuse Ti. i never get tired from using Ne, but i do get bored with it. it's like old hat or something. after awhile nothing is really new anymore; it's all been done before. So Ne becomes the habit of finding out what others have said and putting stuff together; kind of routine, really.

but Ti takes a bit of discipline and like you when you overuse Ne, i get a headache. second function blahs??
    I can relate to this - I can get tired when overusing Ti, but there comes a satisfaction after reaching a long derived conclusion with Ti, and after that I'm ready to let go a little bit, be more loose, and be more on the percieving end.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean
    I'm an INTj, and I can relate to the overusing thing. I always get headaches and feel tired after using it extensively thoroughout the day - I used to think it was lack of water .

I try to relax when I get into such a situation, but I always try to carry on with what I was doing (because I might lose track or interest). But I've never really thought about it in terms of distance from before, though I suppose I have felt that I've let things slip sometimes (in terms of planning my day etc.). I reckon I'm T subtype, how about you? Do you reckon that a N subtype INTj would be further away from , and do they need to actively need to redress the balance between functions, or do they cope fine with their increased emphasis on ?

I delved very far into the depths, but I think that I am sans subtype, in all reality. I definitely prefer global issues and come across in an N / p manner at sometimes... but I have realized in these last two weeks (the most stressful in years, it seems), that I cannot really go too far into . It is easier to use my secondary function ... WHEN EVERYTHING IS GOING OKAY. But when things start happening, and changing, or it has been a very stressful 2 weeks, I find myself VERY aware of my need for my leading function.

I think that I've had a very, very valuable lesson these last two weeks -- and that is recognizing just how much I appreciate and need my leading function to get really 'be well'. Prior to this time, things have been quite easy for me in many areas --- very little expectations or demands, so using my secondary function was easy. And I was exploring extraversion a lot, so I suppose it makes sense that I would use my highest extraverted function, I guess (though that sounds like MBTI talk I guess). As I said before (and as you've probably read elsewhere), stressefil situations bring out a person's type the most. And I think that I've had the first really stressful situation in a few years, so it really brough my type out.

There is much to be learned from these last two weeks.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Wandering Alpha Ne

Quote Originally Posted by UDP II
    I'm writting this partially for myslef, but I wonder if other INTjs can relate. And I also wonder how it is for ENTps -- I imagine it is simlar, but with some of the functions reversed, obviously.
    Yes, I can relate, although I don't always get headaches, sometimes I just get excited to the point of mild mania. After that I sometimes get a buzz like I should have a headache, but it's wierdly absent.

I guess during those "creative bursts" a person has to shut down their "practical" side for a while. During this time, anything you see is suddenly potential material for a new invention. To get back to business, you have to shut down the creative trait. This can be a source of complications when with a mirror-type person, since every hare-brained scheme sounds quite reasonable in theory, and every time they want to get back to business it sounds like they are trying to make something new.

Another thing is when tuning into extraverted information, some of it is going to be Se. And this is going to wear you down quick. Cramming for tests is definately going to demand some Se. Also, I think Se needs Ti to help it get solved, since Ne gets confused by the similarity.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by steve6

I can relate to this - I can get tired when overusing Ti, but there comes a satisfaction after reaching a long derived conclusion with Ti, and after that I'm ready to let go a little bit, be more loose, and be more on the percieving end.
    have you ever heard of the psychological concept of "flow"? it's when a person's creative juices flow and they can focus and concentrate and even lose track of time in their creativity. this is how i sometimes feel when i'm using Ti, also. then when it's over, i get tired at the end.

ILE

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by steve6

have you ever heard of the psychological concept of "flow"? it's when a person's creative juices flow and they can focus and concentrate and even lose track of time in their creativity. this is how i sometimes feel when i'm using Ti, also. then when it's over, i get tired at the end.
    Hmm hadn't heard of that concept before. You learn something new everyday on here. As far as getting tired after an extended period of Ti, I do get somewhat tired but it's in a good way. It's like I've been playing a sport I'm good at all day or have been crashing in the waves at the beach all day, and afterwards I feel tired and relaxed. I would think that after using a superego block function or an Id like Te a person would feel tired in a strained, tense way and is looking for relief as opposed to being tired in a healthy way as they would with their creative function.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's a cool concept, i started a thread on it in general discussion. there's a basic link explaining flow.

ILE

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bump