Thread: Polytheist or monotheist

TIM
    SLE.Wait...Shit, EII
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Polytheist or monotheist

Question for everyone. Do you tend to be polytheist or monotheist ?

Why this question is 'for everyone' and not "for believer" ?

I myself doubt profoundly my faith to god. I have been interested into good when I was 7 yo, when I was asking myself question about death, done some stuff (communnion), and somewhat lost my faith without looking too much after it or mourn the loss as many do (why do I lost my faith ???? etc etc etc).
    Today, we have science, god have been almost killed, if we wanted to search for god, we should probably push to the limit of science and find perhaps something that is finally perhaps unexplainable by all kind of physics, like possibility of creating matter/energy from nil due a force we didn't know or something, and perhaps faith about god could be restored (this is perhaps just my view). This is a view of god I imagined from looking at scientific vulgarisation youtube video about the possibility of unmaterialized particle possibly present in nil, and I tend to view this view better than "god is everywhere you are god we are god" and all that new age bullshit. But in all, generally, science, physics, mechanics, or politics (Marx posed religion as a Data, wich is already something different than having faith into smth) and all things trying to explain how the world work with analyze or experience tend to detach us from faith. In all, I just want to say that the faith in god is less and less popular imo.

But this is a belief wich have crossed age and that we can still conceptualize : so this could be somewhat idiot to consider that "as I don't beleive in god, Ill not analyze my faith Ive into this existing belief" wich can be generally translated anyway as "as I feel atheist because it's the last trend for feeling intelligent, Ill resist stubornly analyzing any faith I have in something I recognize existing anyway culturally". This is why I invit everyone thinking about the question.

All this wall of text for at the end just one thing : do you feel more polytheist or more monotheist ? Why ?
    Last edited by noaydi; 12-14-2018 at 12:18 PM.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I'm monotheist in the sense that I think there is only one truth, but I'm polytheist in the sense that I recognize that others have their own opinion.

TIM
    Something with Ni
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Monotheist, former Agnostic
    "I would rather be ashes than dust"

"Ultimately, man should not ask what the meaning of his life is, but rather he must recognize that it is he who is asked."

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm. For me the other way around.

Now Agnostic, former Monotheist by upbringing

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Monopoly

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm an atheist. Was brought up as monotheist, so I'm most familiar with those terms. I know very few people with a polytheistic paradigm - only a few self-professed druids. Knew one girl who was raised Hindu but converted to Christianity.