Thread: Thoughts on Jordan Peterson

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Default Thoughts on Jordan Peterson

I am starting to realize that his whole shtick and persona is bound to cause a massive divisiveness on people's general opinion of him. Also, his political stance is obfuscated due to self-identifying himself as a classical liberal, which is an outdated term. I don't really care what his political stance is anyways. He has become one of the major voices for the anti neo-marxist movement regardless if he is a centrist or a center-right conservative. So naturally, people will either latch on to him as a messiah or scorn him as a pariah. It seems obvious now, but I focused too much on the echo chamber praising him, while there was a similar sized echo chamber demonizing him at the same time.

I am not going to say either side is completely right or wrong as both have valid points, but I won't take the complete neutral stance either. I still like him and I think he has a lot of good knowledge that is useful even if a chunk of it is obvious and if some of it is wrong. Personally, I think the best stance is to take him with a grain of salt, but not throw the baby out of the bathwater as well. Regardless, it's nice to see these topics spelled out more lucidly and in depth by him. Also, even if he is flat out wrong on some subjects, that is the listener's job to filter it out.

I accept now that he is simply the type of figure to be worshipped or demonized and that is the path he chose from the beginning with his gender pronoun debaucle that made him famous. So if people hate him because of his flaws then so be it as it won't make me join them in their crusade against him, but it will help me look at him more critically as a boon. Anyways, I made this thread so people can discuss this polarizing figure and his views in greater depth whether it is in a positive, negative or neutral light without involving typing him through Socionics or other typology systems.
    Last edited by Raver; 12-11-2018 at 02:49 AM.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think that Jordan Peterson is a lobster in disguise that's trying to brainwash us.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

The damned fucker is trying, subconsciously I'd say, to start a personality cult around himself. Sadly, he's gonna succeed on some level. He's essentially the reincarnation of L. Ron Hubbard, only frighteningly more sane about how he's going about it. He's not spewing crazed gibberish about how some alien named Xenu is the root of all evil and some shit no, he's leaving that to people he can easily call crazy when they do so.

I'll also note that he's acting as a father figure to those who lacked one. Sadly, over 50 percent of the current generation has no "daddy" in the traditional sense of the term. Methinks this Peterson fellow sensed a niche to fill if ya catch my drift...

I've been thinking about this but I'll just up and say it. Freud was right, but he asked the wrong question. ("Tell me about your Father" was the golden question. The more they hate their dad, the more sure you can be they're psychologically fucked up (and, coincidentally enough, the more certain you can be that they're atheist. It is the "Faith of the Fatherless" after all)). The more glowing the review meant either daddy was awesome or that daddy was horrendous and thus the need for further investigation.
    Last edited by End; 12-11-2018 at 06:40 AM.

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fact that the left wants to have a monopoly on social issues is the reason Peterson has a huge following. If you can’t speak against some of the dumb social policies they advocate then why the fuck would anyone vote for them? If I can’t have a moderating voice, and the left has proved to be unable to provide one recently, then they can go fuck themselves. I’m siding with the right.

None of the current political issues affect young people to an extent where they have to vote one way or another. They are fucked either way. When you take the right of males to speak on social issues just because they are males then you can’t expect this generation who grew up with the internet not to troll you and what you stand for.

I just saw in the news today. Some universities in the UK are trying to raise the number of white males applicants because they became a minority and they don’t want them to have such “favorable” status. It goes against their narrative. This is fucking retarded on so many levels.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

J Peterson.

He has interesting style. He molds many things together but sometimes it fails.

He is there to motivate people to take over their life in no nonsense kind of way. I assume, it is aimed for regular people who are bit of anti establishment but also very hesitant to carry on.
    Any kind of self victimization is frowned upon while he makes himself look like a victim due to circumstances. Therefore self pity based on building a hippy self image is not supported by him.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is that the guy that tells boys and men it's okay to be an Alpha male? As if Alpha males have a need to be told that!

His view on life is one for cry-babies.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Has he said anything new since the summer? I honestly don't know, stopped watching him..

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just watched a program about Peterson on Finnish national TV. Who is this man, what does he stand for? etc. It was so evident that the journalist already had decided that he doesn't like Peterson. Things were simplyfied, misunderstood or taken out of context. It's so tiring.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    Is that the guy that tells boys and men it's okay to be an Alpha male? As if Alpha males have a need to be told that!

His view on life is one for cry-babies.
    What is the problem here?

Being an alpha male in your circle is for cry babies? Not likely imo/ime.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he's a clown who doesn't understand the topics he lectures about. He's so wrong about science and history that it's cringe-worthy to listen to. By far the worst thing about him is that he steals the spotlight away from intelligent Conservative commentators.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    I think that Jordan Peterson is a lobster in disguise that's trying to brainwash us.
    Nail on the head. Also, I hate Peterson. I like that he's against the speech legislation in Canada that forces people to use certain pronouns. That's literally the only thing I like about him. And that's more because I'm a free speech guy. Otherwise, I think he's a complete idiot who has no idea what he's talking about regarding anything.

He probably just wants to sell his persona and books etc so he can retire.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His self-help style has a familiar, nostalgic feel to me. However, another way of saying that is that it’s dated.

As a person, he comes across as a dirty, gaunt wimp, yet not in a good way, seeing as I usually like gaunt wimps. His persona is just utterly pathetic and whiny, so I’m inclined to think he’s a disturbed version of an EII. Sorry to bring typing into this, but I’m just saying he seems familiar maybe in an aristocratic way, yet I feel his values are totally different from my own, and other people have played that card when typing him so, so will I.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by COOL AND MANLY View Post
    I just saw in the news today. Some universities in the UK are trying to raise the number of white males applicants because they became a minority and they don’t want them to have such “favorable” status. It goes against their narrative. This is fucking retarded on so many levels.
    Holy shitballs, can you give a brother a link? I mean, at that level and in those circles, if even a single solitary bureaucrat is still cogent enough to grasp something like this and act on it rationally instead of just going full on "Die Cis Hetero White Devil Die and Be Happy as We go full Jan Valentine on your entire extended family" I'd legitimately be shocked. We're dealing with what amounts to literal Lovecraftian/Chaos cultists at this point (Put SJWism in the place of those fictional deities and boy does it fit). How'd that fucker slip past the cracks of that?

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TrickyDlck View Post
    I think he's a clown who doesn't understand the topics he lectures about. He's so wrong about science and history that it's cringe-worthy to listen to. By far the worst thing about him is that he steals the spotlight away from intelligent Conservative commentators.

Yeah he is quite bad when it comes to logic and correct usage of data
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    Holy shitballs, can you give a brother a link? I mean, at that level and in those circles, if even a single solitary bureaucrat is still cogent enough to grasp something like this and act on it rationally instead of just going full on "Die Cis Hetero White Devil Die and Be Happy as We go full Jan Valentine on your entire extended family" I'd legitimately be shocked. We're dealing with what amounts to literal Lovecraftian/Chaos cultists at this point (Put SJWism in the place of those fictional deities and boy does it fit). How'd that fucker slip past the cracks of that?
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...-numbers-give/

TIM
    Something with Ni
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's angling to fill an empty niche on the "right" as an acceptable, pacifying gatekeeper for the re-socialization/integration of alienated young [White] men in order to prevent potentially catastrophic system disruption, like a 21st century William F Buckley, except if Buckley sounded like kermit and like his balls had been clipped. He's said as much in his public, flaccid, attempts to get his opposition from the left to pretty please stop being mean to him. His job is to mollify the alienated and train them back into a decaying social order that despises them, acting as a signpost of "go no further" on the border of crimethink that will get you un-personed.

And he's a multi-millionaire from it, so the money is good being a social anesthesiologist trying to defang his target audience.

"Come on in, the water is lukewarm and almost entirely uncontroversial, Bucko. Just be sure to clean your room and wash your penis first. And none of that collectivism for your interests, either. That kind of talk makes our rootless corporate gods sad. Atomistic individualism is the true way."
    Last edited by Sisyphean; 12-12-2018 at 01:57 PM.
    "I would rather be ashes than dust"

"Ultimately, man should not ask what the meaning of his life is, but rather he must recognize that it is he who is asked."

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you have not done magic mushrooms you dont get to comment on Peterson.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by waddup View Post
    You know the funny part is that I actually have done magic mushrooms. But I don't see the relevance of this statement.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oppai Anschluss View Post
    He's angling to fill an empty niche on the "right" as an acceptable, pacifying gatekeeper for the re-socialization/integration of alienated young [White] men in order to prevent potentially catastrophic system disruption, like a 21st century William F Buckley, except if Buckley sounded like kermit and like his balls had been clipped. He's said as much in his public, flaccid, attempts to get his opposition from the left to pretty please stop being mean to him. His job is to mollify the alienated and train them back into a decaying social order that despises them, acting as a signpost of "go no further" on the border of crimethink that will get you un-personed.

And he's a multi-millionaire from it, so the money is good being a social anesthesiologist trying to defang his target audience.

"Come on in, the water is lukewarm and almost entirely uncontroversial, Bucko. Just be sure to clean your room and wash your penis first. And none of that collectivism for your interests, either. That kind of talk makes our rootless corporate gods sad. Atomistic individualism is the true way."
    Not gonna lie: Kermit + balls clipped made me laugh. Congratulations.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I guess I qualify.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since this is asking thoughts on the guy, or ‘opinion’, he’s never interested me that much. I don’t get the hype. I watched him once for 5 minutes and I was done. He seems guru-ish or cult-ish, self help kind of thing, and I’m not into it. It’s not that I don’t like him, I just find him... uninteresting.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    You know the funny part is that I actually have done magic mushrooms. But I don't see the relevance of this statement.

Did your mind break down reality into its constituent parts? Maybe you don't have the proclivity for awakening experiences. Suffering is also a prerequisite as impetuous to see reality and your part, or non-part, in it.

As to the the relevance, much of Peterson's more exotic ideas are so obviously apparent in the psychedelic state. Chaos and order, even though they are not his to begin with, are one such example of something readily apparent in this state. so are all the rest of his rules, like clean your room and sit up straight. Both of which become, painfully obvious in this state.

Everything he says in the 12 rules are learned through trial and error over the years. There are shortcuts and his opinions are one of them.

Congrats on your mushroom trip, I think lots of people would benefit from them at least a few times in a life time. I'm not sure there really is anything that could bring you closer to the spiritual realm and into direct contact with the spirit.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I guess I qualify.
    Yes. If not then its difficult to blur your eyes when you look to him, you would only come at it from rationality, which is where are the NTs are getting tripped up.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    Not gonna lie: Kermit + balls clipped made me laugh. Congratulations.
    Some Male voices get tight and strained when they are nervous. Vocal cords constrict. He is also a tall skinny man without much meat around his neck to soften the pitch.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by COOL AND MANLY View Post
    Thank you and holy shit it seems at least some of these crazed cultists are still cogent enough to realize that their own BS can and will be used against them if/when Whites are a minority. I am shocked. I was practically certain the mind virus had finished off those levels of thinking in that population.

G.K. Chesterton had a quote I believe that went something like this: "In the future the people will speak of virtue as we do the most salacious of vices today." Not exact but that's the spirit of it. He was a staunch Christian conservative at the turn of the last century so it seems his wisdom cuts both ways in a sense he probably never considered or even thought possible!

TIM
    Something with Ni
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you and holy shit it seems at least some of these crazed cultists are still cogent enough to realize that their own BS can and will be used against them if/when Whites are a minority. I am shocked. I was practically certain the mind virus had finished off those levels of thinking in that population.

G.K. Chesterton had a quote I believe that went something like this: "In the future the people will speak of virtue as we do the most salacious of vices today." Not exact but that's the spirit of it. He was a staunch Christian conservative at the turn of the last century so it seems his wisdom cuts both ways in a sense he probably never considered or even thought possible!
    Referencing Chesterton alone is enough to get a like
    "I would rather be ashes than dust"

"Ultimately, man should not ask what the meaning of his life is, but rather he must recognize that it is he who is asked."

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did your mind break down reality into its constituent parts? Maybe you don't have the proclivity for awakening experiences. Suffering is also a prerequisite as impetuous to see reality and your part, or non-part, in it.

As to the the relevance, much of Peterson's more exotic ideas are so obviously apparent in the psychedelic state. Chaos and order, even though they are not his to begin with, are one such example of something readily apparent in this state. so are all the rest of his rules, like clean your room and sit up straight. Both of which become, painfully obvious in this state.

Everything he says in the 12 rules are learned through trial and error over the years. There are shortcuts and his opinions are one of them.

Congrats on your mushroom trip, I think lots of people would benefit from them at least a few times in a life time. I'm not sure there really is anything that could bring you closer to the spiritual realm and into direct contact with the spirit.
    This isn't exclusive to psychedelic drugs...he's made no secret of being influenced by spiritual/religious traditions. I particularly liked the way he described self-development: even if you don't know what you should be doing with your life, at least you can come up with some things that you shouldn't be doing. Then, you try to fix those things one at a time, and if you fix, say, ten, or a hundred of them you might get somewhere. This is exactly how Sufism and any kind of deep spiritual development works. It's pretty sad that there are so few people publicly advocating for this kind of thing right now.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ouronis View Post
    Has he said anything new since the summer? I honestly don't know, stopped watching him..
    A recent video of him from 2 weeks ago having an intellectual discussion with someone else:

It's funny because this forum is basically an anti Jordan Peterson echo chamber, YouTube is an echo chamber that literally worships him like he is the greatest intellectual of our time and then Reddit seems to be in the middle with a good amount of people either praising or bashing him or are indifferent about him. I just find it funny how powerful social proof is in shaping people's beliefs. This forum is a nice a break from the YouTube worship of him though, but I think Reddit got it right.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default had a more detailed rundown, in mind, in the shower a few days back

Anymore, I think "this is the dude it's gotta be?" irt JP.

Best parts of his stuff is imo either no-shit-Sherlock (clean your room!) or rewarmed Ken Wilber, and the best KW stuff JP gets to is the lightly woo-washed Clare Graves stuff. Tons of nonsense and emo shit in the JP pile and I've no urge to wade thru more atm.

Postmodernist stuffs is useful/great until the self-contradictions absolutely pile up.

Why would I take advice on how to live from someone who's super depressed? What biosphere/economy would exist if everyone clogged their colon with JP's all-beef regimen? Would you change lives with JP?

If/when he's a gateway into cool/insightful shit, awesome; if/when he's a gateway to PUA/MRA fedora hell, boo to that.
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Raver View Post
    A recent video of him from 2 weeks ago having an intellectual discussion with someone else:

It's funny because this forum is basically an anti Jordan Peterson echo chamber, YouTube is an echo chamber that literally worships him like he is the greatest intellectual of our time and then Reddit seems to be in the middle with a good amount of people either praising or bashing him or are indifferent about him. I just find it funny how powerful social proof is in shaping people's beliefs. This forum is a nice a break from the YouTube worship of him though, but I think Reddit got it right.
    Yeah, I think I definitely give him a lot of credit that other people don't because I was watching him years before c16.

He gives me a nice dose of novelty and loses me with some of the shit he says, but eh, in general, it's not a problem if you think of his ideas as a step in your exploration of ideas in general and don't just suck the tit mindlessly. I guess that's not the impression most people are forming these days, though. It's hard for me to nail him down as a cult figure or something or really put that in perspective though.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess what it comes down to for me is that he's basically responding to liberal ideas that he doesn't agree with by responding with conservative ideas that contradict the liberal narrative. It feels...intellectually dishonest and ironic, considering that he gives off this air of condescension and superiority about it, which is almost exactly what he often critiques his opponents of.

So in my mind, he became rich and famous by entering into the same old political domain of right vs left. And maybe I'm tired of everything devolving into that; but then again, maybe it's not his fault, maybe the problem is the lowest common denominator in society thinks like that and needs it in order to enable them to think more deeply about things. So I can respect him for doing that I suppose, but I still don't really like it.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

If you need drugs to fully understand a person, well, that's red flag number one. Drugs enhance things in the best of the interpretations of their use. You should still "get it" without em', but they just make "getting it" better. Like if you pair the right beer or wine with a matching meal or delicacy. Both are awesome on their own, but together they're even better!

If you need a drug to make something palatable, well, that can't be good. From both ends to be honest.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TrickyDlck View Post
    Having a sense of duty is clearly something that many of his fans want and aren't getting from their environment, which is to say that he's effectively a surrogate father for young, antisocial men that never learned to take responsibility. The irony is that being regimented into a traditionally-masculine "gentleman" role might induce 4chan trolls to become more respectful towards female SJWs, and Peterson's impact might not be altogether conducive to the anti-SJW movement.

Regardless of his ostensibly helpful advice, he is still a pseudoscientific and factually-illiterate idiot who is impossible to take seriously.

He also avoids debates with people who could challenge his major assertions, which is dishonest and disgusting. The American Marxist professor Richard Wolff challenged him to a debate, which Peterson flatly refused to attend. Alas, his refusal would have been less scandalous had Peterson not invented the assertion that Marxists avoid debating him.
    I am basically a being from 4chan. Trust me, those anons care exactly zero shits for anything period in this area. They'd rather recite "The Pimp's Prayer" in response to any backtalk from a THOT (who owes a lot of back taxes btw) than even consider the possibility of becoming anything remotely resembling a "White Night." Hell, the very fact 4chan even still exists is the hard line in the sand for people like me.

So long as that website hasn't been deplatformed by the soyboys, radfems, and all around r-selected spawns of Satan that populate and dominate Silicon Valley there's still some hope we can resolve this without creating a mountain of corpses and making the rivers run red with blood.

Fun fact: this is all basically a rural vs urban divide and we have the tech to make the cities practically independent from the countryside for the first time in history. You'd think those city slicking big brained high I.Q. soyboys would wait until after that tech was fully deployed and operational to start acting like this but nope. Nope, gotta be dumb and try to ostracize and genocide them from society at large before the point you'd no longer need em' in any vital way.

Way to go team evil, proving once again how us good guys keep on beating you down and fucking you in the arse despite all the shit you pile on against our odds. Once again, shit like that is why I laugh at people who doubt there's a God and that he's good. For all those big brains they claim to possess, a random man with an ardent belief in the words of a book written thousands of years ago can consistently beat them at their own game. Food for thought folks.

P.S: The Pimp's Prayer for those who do not know of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTwtAJt1JAs

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you need drugs to fully understand a person, well, that's red flag number one. Drugs enhance things in the best of the interpretations of their use. You should still "get it" without em', but they just make "getting it" better. Like if you pair the right beer or wine with a matching meal or delicacy. Both are awesome on their own, but together they're even better!

If you need a drug to make something palatable, well, that can't be good. From both ends to be honest.
    whats with the foodie references..? Right right Im Si so like this relates to my mind like wow i like get it.

What even IS the collective unconscious? What is even IS the sacred female? What even IS good and evil?

All empty philosophies if you have not had direct visceral and naked experience with the conceptualization and what they are pointing to. Otherwise you might as well go jerk off in whats her faces thread because its all empty intellectualizing.

As to red flag not for me at all if I cant trust you in this state to be cool and connect on that deepest level possible that only really real love can bring, or the unfettered and raw psychedelic state, then buh bye. I need to look into your eyes and see the One reflected back and me. I can tell Peterson has “been there” for christ sakes look at the man. Everything everybody else does is just rehashed bull shit and fake as fuck.

Fucking eh get on the journey and dont give me that weak sh*t. Lets eat something from the Earth and fucking slit a sheep throat and howl at the moon like the animals we are. Mushrooms are hardly a hard core drug.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jordan Peterson is like New Atheism 2.0, if New Atheism 2.0 was some whiny old guy telling grown adults to sit up straight and clean their room. But eh, he's assertive enough to be attractive to the nerdy right-wing geek dudes without offending them.

He's not annoying or anything, but he doesn't float my boat.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default begone with post-Stone Age artifice, says the man via the computer/internet

whats with the foodie references..? Right right Im Si so like this relates to my mind like wow i like get it.
    Lets eat something from the Earth and fucking slit a sheep throat

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really enjoyed his breaking down the bible lecture series
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by woofwoofl View Post
    I see no true irony here. The internet age was 10,000 years in the making. Go join the adbusters magazine team with this weak millennial irony bull shit.ha

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default null

I see no true irony here. The internet age was 10,000 years in the making. Go join the adbusters magazine team with this weak millennial irony bull shit.ha
    A millennial using "millennial" as a slur.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast