1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go play with some ducks or something

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That Peterson is scum but I quite like Peter Jordanson.

Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Peider Jorganson

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Peeturdson

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

"Nothing happens until the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change."

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Raver View Post
    As a radical myself Peterson seems completely disconnected in all ways to what they value. Peterson seems like he would prefer a world where people need to work at least 16 hours a day every day shuffling papers in an office until they die, over one where people end up revolting against that because it would cause "horrors and atrocities". I'm sorry but I will always take violence and chaos anyday over dogma and slavery. It wasn't long ago where most people simply farmed crops and hunted animals to survive and many of them were content with that way of living. Now everybody except those born and raised in the most rural of places has to put up with all this bullshit of going to school, getting enslaved in debt, getting fucked in the ass by jerk corporate bosses, and being humiliated for being a loser if you try to live minimalistically or can't find a way out of it all. On top of that, modern western society has fucked the Earth with pollution and has been exploiting those in third world countries for centuries now. Screw being a pussy over people having to kill people, bring this shit down I say.

Peterson is partially right when he says that envy and jealously afflict some radicals and collectivists, given that they tend to choose not to play by the system at all and are therefore more prone to having to watch people rise above them in economic status. I think it would be wise for radicals and collectivist to keep themselves in check in that regard. Peterson however likes to strawman this as the main drive behind radical leftist when it really has to do with what I said above. Even if some of them are truly driven by envy, that doesn't necessarily mean their ideas are wrong and that world wouldn't be a better place if they got their way. Bad apples exist in every political group and you can't disapprove ideas just by saying the people behind those ideas are bad people without addressing the ideas themselves.
    Last edited by Muddy; 03-31-2019 at 04:24 AM.

Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So I suppose in Peterson's view, those people in South Korea who are being driven to suicide from having to live an accelerated version of western society should all just "grow the hell up", despite already living in extremely dogmatic and disciplined manner. After listening to Peterson more I come to the conclusion he is the exact kind of person I despise. He is bitter, defeated, drained of soul and hates people who possess vigor and solidarity unlike him. He attacks radical leftist by claiming they are motivated jealously when in fact I think he is the one being eaten within from jealously. He invested so much into the standard western capitalist way of living that he's completely lost touch with feeling happiness and excitement, and it's left him a shriveled man as result. Deep down I think he envies the revolutionaries had actually had fucking balls to make change while they where young and strong, and is trying to justify his cucked existence to himself by preaching it to others.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you advocate the violent overthrow and deaths of many people while complaining about your numb modern malaise I automatically tune out and couldn't care less. If your ethics can't be generalized to people at large than there's no reason to take you seriously - your feelings dont matter more than some other persons. Forget about society... the reality is that nature is fundamentally harsh. Life has been very hard anywhere you look, at any point in history, in any political system... and it always will be. The very harshest times are during and after transition states.

There are downsides to both systems, if you uproot someone from their original culture and plop them in the complete opposite culture they will experience severe culture shock, all the coping skills they'd develop in the past will be completely useless and they'll have to relearn how to function from square one. I should know, I've experienced precisely this kind of culture shock and it took me about 10 years to get my feet on the ground. But now after a decade of adjustment I'm climbing out of that hole and I've learned how to cope in this culture reasonably well. And partly what I needed was a major shift in attitude. So I don't sympathize. Why don't you be resourceful? Instead of pouring over how the system needs to be overthrown (a goal which you have very little chance of obtaining and which would likely only make your life even more hellish) put that same energy into advancing yourself where you don't have to answer to a low level boss - climb high enough to where your bosses are at least intelligent people. Snake your way into some viable skillsets, and make enough money to where you only have to work part time... minimize your living expenses. Avoid commitments... You know, be cunning. TBH you can obtain a 65k starting salary database admin job without a college degree, all you need is access to a decent library and the drive to educate yourself.

But people will always slip through the cracks, this is unavoidable, and not everyone is cunning (though you are at least cunning enough to be intellectually musing, it's not like you're an 80 IQ felon). Yet the irony is that it was mostly the rebellious peasants that died during the russian revolution.

If you want to die I can understand that, just have the dignity to off yourself rather than take the rest of society down with you.
    Last edited by cR4z3dr4T; 04-03-2019 at 05:16 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345