Thread: Thoughts on Jordan Peterson

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by COOL AND MANLY View Post

You get a job to get paid, not to attain nirvana.
    This line of thinking is precisely the problem. This is what causes the empty, soulless, anti-consumerist society we live in today. This is what the wealthy elite (dare I say the jews) have been slowly transformation human society into the past few decades. People have every right to seek and demand work that has meaning beyond sustaining a mediocre existence.

Your whole attitude towards this topic reeks of "let them eat cake". Let me ask you, cool and manly, how is your situation? Are you of one those successful people who don't live paycheck to paycheck and enjoy a high standard of living? If so, how much of what you have did you obtain from scratch? Did you pay for own car, house, education, bills, food, etc., or did your parents/relatives pay for these things? Did you enjoy working 70 work hour weeks at a warehouse, because that's exactly what it takes have any at all of becoming anywhere near remotely successful here in America as someone who didn't have the luxury of having things handed down to them by their parents, unless of course you win the lottery or resort to theft/scams/fraud/gold digging.

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    This line of thinking is precisely the problem. This is what causes the empty, soulless, anti-consumerist society we live in today. This is what the wealthy elite (dare I say the jews) have been slowly transformation human society into the past few decades. People have every right to seek and demand work that has meaning beyond sustaining a mediocre existence.

Your whole attitude towards this topic reeks of "let them eat cake". Let me ask you, cool and manly, how is your situation? Are you of one those successful people who don't live paycheck to paycheck and enjoy a high standard of living? If so, how much of what you have did you obtain from scratch? Did you pay for own car, house, education, bills, food, etc., or did your parents/relatives pay for these things? Did you enjoy working 70 work hour weeks at a warehouse, because that's exactly what it takes have any at all of becoming anywhere near remotely successful here in America as someone who didn't have the luxury of having things handed down to them by their parents, unless of course you win the lottery or resort to theft/scams/fraud/gold digging.
    I do think that there's something anti human about standing at an assembly line or tweaking excel worksheets for 8+ hours a day but I wonder how you would organize society in such a way that nobody has to arduous, gross, or boring shit. Automation? I dunno, even if nobody had to take a job they don't want, it's not like most people even really know what they DO want. If we were left without roadblocks to pursue our passions unencumbered I wonder if most people would just be totally lost.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ashlesha View Post
    I do think that there's something anti human about standing at an assembly line or tweaking excel worksheets for 8+ hours a day but I wonder how you would organize society in such a way that nobody has to arduous, gross, or boring shit. Automation? I dunno, even if nobody had to take a job they don't want, it's not like most people even really know what they DO want. If we were left without roadblocks to pursue our passions unencumbered I wonder if most people would just be totally lost.
    Automation will only help if we radically change our government and economic system, otherwise only the elite will benefit while more people are put out of work. Here's a video I've posted here before on that subject:

TIM
    Something with Ni
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Automation will only help if we radically change our government and economic system, otherwise only the elite will benefit while more people are put out of work. Here's a video I've posted here before on that subject:
    The idea of full automation makes me want to drink myself to death.
    "I would rather be ashes than dust"

"Ultimately, man should not ask what the meaning of his life is, but rather he must recognize that it is he who is asked."

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can't have your cake and eat it. What is more important to you? Having enough money that you don't have to worry about small shit, or finding meaning in what you do?

I didn't finish college because my dad kicked me out when he found out that I'm an atheist. I'm not going to brag here. I don't consider myself rich anyway. I'm only fortunate enough to have a good job.

TIM
    Something with Ni
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by COOL AND MANLY View Post
    Having enough money that you don't have to worry about small shit, or finding meaning in what you do?
    Meaning. Not even a question. Meaning every day and twice on Sunday.
    "I would rather be ashes than dust"

"Ultimately, man should not ask what the meaning of his life is, but rather he must recognize that it is he who is asked."

TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People have every right to seek and demand work that has meaning beyond sustaining a mediocre existence.
    Every right to seek it? Absolutely. 100%. The world is your oyster.

Demand this from others? No. Absolutely not.

This is what the wealthy elite (dare I say the jews)

To quote you again: "This line of thinking is precisely the problem." Stop blaming others for your own poor life choices.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Samson View Post
    Stop blaming others for your own poor life choices.
    When I see there are people that are indeed actively exploiting, manipulating and dragging others down, you damn well better believe I'm going to blame them and fight against them with all my might. This is what the globalist are doing. This is why the working class, who know the reality and struggles, elected Trump and also why see the Yellow Vest movement in France, Brexit, the rapid rise of the AfD in Germany and other populist parties in the EU. To say "stop blaming others" in regards to the current geopolitical situation is to betray your fellow people.

TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I see there are people that are indeed actively exploiting, manipulating and dragging others down, you damn well better believe I'm going to blame them and fight against them with all my might. This is what the globalist are doing. This is why the working class, who know the reality and struggles, elected Trump and also why see the Yellow Vest movement in France, Brexit, the rapid rise of the AfD in Germany and other populist parties in the EU. To say "stop blaming others" in regards to the current geopolitical situation is to betray your fellow people.
    Reading your response is like listening to a tape recorder. Heard it a million times before. There is no exit on the path you're on.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Samson View Post
    Reading your response is like listening to a tape recorder. Heard it a million times before. There is no exit on the path you're on.
    Maybe do a little digging and you might actually learn there is actually some validity to all of it, or you can just keep tuning it out. When the growing unrest in America and Europe reaches it's boiling point you best hope you find yourself on the right side.