Thread: Thoughts on Jordan Peterson

Threaded View

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

The damned fucker is trying, subconsciously I'd say, to start a personality cult around himself. Sadly, he's gonna succeed on some level. He's essentially the reincarnation of L. Ron Hubbard, only frighteningly more sane about how he's going about it. He's not spewing crazed gibberish about how some alien named Xenu is the root of all evil and some shit no, he's leaving that to people he can easily call crazy when they do so.

I'll also note that he's acting as a father figure to those who lacked one. Sadly, over 50 percent of the current generation has no "daddy" in the traditional sense of the term. Methinks this Peterson fellow sensed a niche to fill if ya catch my drift...

I've been thinking about this but I'll just up and say it. Freud was right, but he asked the wrong question. ("Tell me about your Father" was the golden question. The more they hate their dad, the more sure you can be they're psychologically fucked up (and, coincidentally enough, the more certain you can be that they're atheist. It is the "Faith of the Fatherless" after all)). The more glowing the review meant either daddy was awesome or that daddy was horrendous and thus the need for further investigation.
    Last edited by End; 12-11-2018 at 06:40 AM.