Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Jordan Peterson

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He only eats cooked beef as far as I understand (please correct me if I'm wrong). The only way he doesn't have scurvy yet is if he's supplementing with vitamin C or lying about only eating meat. Either possibility makes him a disingenuous charlatan.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerxe View Post
    He only eats cooked beef as far as I understand (please correct me if I'm wrong). The only way he doesn't have scurvy yet is if he's supplementing with vitamin C or lying about only eating meat. Either possibility makes him a disingenuous charlatan.
    Now he's said nothing about what he drinks, man. He might be taking his whiskey with a twist of lemon.

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni 8w7 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's still vitamin C in meat so long as it's not overcooked.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Is he saying he doesn't supplement?

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Now he's said nothing about what he drinks, man. He might be taking his whiskey with a twist of lemon.
    LOL. Winning the argument by withholding then revealing information is exactly Peterson's modus operandi.

Quote Originally Posted by mfckrz View Post
    There's still vitamin C in meat so long as it's not overcooked.
    Interesting; didn't know that. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ouronis View Post
    Is he saying he doesn't supplement?
    I don't think he's mentioned it anywhere. But it seems like a thing you should mention when you announce a controversial diet.

EDIT: nevermind, see Singu's post. He doesn't supplement.
    Last edited by xerx; 06-21-2019 at 11:07 PM.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All-beef diet

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...leanse/567613/

Gilbert has done extensive research on how the trillions of microbes in our guts digest food, and the look on his face when I told him about the all-beef diet was unamused. He began rattling off the expected ramifications: “Your body would start to have severe dysregulation, within six months, of the majority of the processes that deal with metabolism; you would have no short-chain fatty acids in your cells; most of the by-products of gastrointestinal polysaccharide fermentation would shut down, so you wouldn’t be able to regulate your hormone levels; you’d enter into cardiac issues due to alterations in cell receptors; your microbiota would just be devastated.”

While much of the internet has been following this story in a somewhat snide way, Gilbert appeared genuinely concerned and saddened: “If she does not die of colon cancer or some other severe cardiometabolic disease, the life—I can’t imagine.”

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Do you take any vitamins?” asked Rogan.

“No. No, I eat beef and salt and water. That’s it. And I never cheat. Ever. Not even a little bit.”

“No soda, no wine?”

“I drink club soda.”

“Well, that’s still water.”

“Well, when you’re down to that level, no, it’s not, Joe. There’s club soda, which is really bubbly. There’s Perrier, which is sort of bubbly. There’s flat water, and there’s hot water. Those distinctions start to become important.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...leanse/567613/

There's no explanation for why should all-meat, or even all-beef diet should be better than... virtually any other kinds of diet.

But you know, this kind of thing requires absolute faith in something that "can't be explained". Or it takes a simplistic, before-and-after correlation approach: "I took an all-beef diet, and now I'm suddenly doing all better! My health is so much better, and my diseases are now gone! It must be the beef that's doing it!".

So taking an all-beef diet may not immediately kill you, but it sounds like you're going to have a lot of problems later on.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya you can vote out any sensing from this quote.

You can tell what is good for you by actually trying it yourself singu. Lots of people don't bother reading the latest research because they don't need to. They just go out and buy their own food and cook it for themselves and they try it for a number of months and it works for them. Not all knowledge comes from 'outside' in verified pre-approved scientifically tested sources. You can figure out things that work for you and be objective about it. Everything with you is endlessly regressive.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by timber View Post
    You can tell what is good for you by actually trying it yourself singu. Lots of people don't bother reading the latest research because they don't need to. They just go out and buy their own food and cook it for themselves and they try it for a number of months and it works for them. Not all knowledge comes from 'outside' in verified pre-approved scientifically tested sources. You can figure out things that work for you and be objective about it. Everything with you is endlessly regressive.
    Well what's really regressive is trying the "what sticks to the wall" approach, when that's just a waste of time when you already know what works and what doesn't.

Can you simply try the "what works" method when you have nothing better? Yes, but the fact is that there are alternatives that work better and have better explanations than the all-beef diet. It's not rational to prefer the all-beef diet out of all the other diets.

It could also be that it's simply a placebo effect: it could be that thinking that the all-beef diet is working is reducing your stress and anxiety, it creates a sense of control and regularity in your daily life, and therefore, you might sleep better, which would improve your immune systems or something like that.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Interesting. I will bet there's some weird caveat to his rule where if someone presses him, he'll admit to supplementing or cheating via the rule.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Sufism works by discovering what you shouldn't be doing? I think that's a huge generalization of Sufism
    Deriving from the poems of Mewlana (Rumi) it's mostly about becoming one with the beloved (or god)
    That's the goal. You reach the goal by fixing yourself and your behavior.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eating only meat is stupid. I bet he did it for a couple months then ate other things. Clearly he is a Ne type and I'm more inclined to say LII than IEE even though he is a psychologist.

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni 8w7 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Singu View Post
    There's no explanation for why should all-meat, or even all-beef diet should be better than... virtually any other kinds of diet.
    There's plenty explanation for why all-meat would work fine. It's what humans ate before the advent of agriculture not long ago. It's apparently easy to thrive with zero carbohydrate intake, whereas forgoing fat & protein quickly leads to serious health issues.

But you know, this kind of thing requires absolute faith in something that "can't be explained". Or it takes a simplistic, before-and-after correlation approach: "I took an all-beef diet, and now I'm suddenly doing all better! My health is so much better, and my diseases are now gone! It must be the beef that's doing it!".
    Well, there's tons of anecdotes out there like that (https://meatheals.com). If people legit feel better and their bloodwork comes back healthy, I'm not seeing a problem.

So taking an all-beef diet may not immediately kill you, but it sounds like you're going to have a lot of problems later on.
    Our standard diets appear to be doing exactly that. Why is everyone dropping dead from heart disease and diabetes?

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's plenty explanation for why all-meat would work fine. It's what humans ate before the advent of agriculture not long ago. It's apparently easy to thrive with zero carbohydrate intake, whereas forgoing fat & protein quickly leads to serious health issues.
    They also ate lots of nuts and fruits afaik
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe he could start a cooking show - "Dinner with Daddy Peterson". He could feed everyone his meat and lecture about responsibility all at the same time. Protein rich.
    Androgynous Robot Dreamer - Not really human, but good at pretending.

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    blame the merry quadras

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni 8w7 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    They also ate lots of nuts and fruits afaik
    Supplementally. The calorie density of wild fruits & nuts alone is nowhere near high to sustain a human population, plus they're out of season for half the year or more.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eating only meat is stupid. I bet he did it for a couple months then ate other things. Clearly he is a Ne type and I'm more inclined to say LII than IEE even though he is a psychologist.
    I'd suppose you tried the all-meat diet yourself, or did you consult your evil scientist overlords to tell you that eating only meat is stupid?

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Eating only meat seems counter intuitive partly cuz u hear about the benefits of veggies and stuff all the time but I'm not a fucking scientist and I'm probably biased cuz I love carbs, I can give up bread but then blueberries too? Fuck you

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He isn't on an all-meat diet; it's an all-beef diet. The Inuit culture have a mostly-meat diet; they get enough nutrients because they eat raw meat from a variety of different animals. They also ingest animal skin and organs, which are rich in vitamins and healthy fatty acids.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Supplementally. The calorie density of wild fruits & nuts alone is nowhere near high to sustain a human population, plus they're out of season for half the year or more.
    It takes five grams of plant carbohydrate to make one gram of animal protein. Feeding the carbs to animals before eating the animals is not calorically efficient. I mean, I like grilled salmon and a good steak that is rare inside and seared outside, but I'm not eating them exclusively now, the way I used to. Not because I want to save the planet, either.

I was on the Atkins diet for many years. Zero carbs, I was in ketosis all the time. I felt better, had more energy, and during all that time, I never got hungry. I'd get tired and then I'd know that I needed to eat something, but I never got hungry. Apparently, hunger is a product of consuming carbs.

My breakfast would consist of a pound of nitrate-free bacon, grilled in a sauce pan, then two eggs fried in the bacon grease, accompanied by a glass of heavy whipping cream sweetened with Splenda. Man, that was great.

After a few years of this, my teeth were plaquing up really fast, and then I started experiencing intestinal bleeding. For weeks. Nothing I did changed that, until I switched to a 100% vegan diet with lots of fiber, and the intestinal bleeding stopped overnight. And my dentist commented on the fact that my teeth looked like I flossed daily, when I didn't at all. Almost no plaque at all.

I, personally, now think that eating animal products tears us up inside and induces a histamine reaction that slowly but surely damages the tubes. All the tubes. So, after reading about the results of The China Study, I became a non-proselytizing vegan. I do it for my benefit, not for the animals or the planet.

But the energy thing, that's true.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can, it's just that without carbohydrates, your body starts to get its energy from fats and not sugar.

Just because you can run on all-meat diet, doesn't mean that you should. There's just no reason why should going all-meat be better than other diets with nutrients, vitamins and fiber. The benefit may be that you're cutting out all the bad stuff that you were eating before, but you're throwing out all the good stuff as well.

Since humans are natural omnivores, the best diet seems to be an "all-rounder" balanced diet. Mostly fruits and vegetables, fish and poultry, and only some red meat. You are going to be needing vitamins and fibers in order to be healthy, especially in the long term. You are also going to need to be considerate of how your body digests and deals with the food that you ingest. And what kind of food that you need to ingest in order for your body to be working properly over time.

Our standard diets appear to be doing exactly that. Why is everyone dropping dead from heart disease and diabetes?
    Heart diseases are caused by fats clogged up in the arteries from too much fat intake, and diabetes are caused by too much sugar intake and the insulin regulator getting messed up over time.

So basically those things are caused by high-fat, high-sugar and high-carbohydrate modern diet.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was on the Atkins diet for many years. Zero carbs, I was in ketosis all the time. I felt better, had more energy, and during all that time, I never got hungry. I'd get tired and then I'd know that I needed to eat something, but I never got hungry. Apparently, hunger is a product of consuming carbs.

After a few years of this, my teeth were plaquing up really fast, and then I started experiencing intestinal bleeding. For weeks. Nothing I did changed that, until I switched to a 100% vegan diet with lots of fiber, and the intestinal bleeding stopped overnight. And my dentist commented on the fact that my teeth looked like I flossed daily, when I didn't at all. Almost no plaque at all.

I, personally, now think that eating animal products tears us up inside and induces a histamine reaction that slowly but surely damages the tubes. All the tubes. So, after reading about the results of The China Study, I became a non-proselytizing vegan. I do it for my benefit, not for the animals or the planet.
    This seems to be caused by the lack of "good" microbes in the intestines having any fiber to feed on (insoluble fiber don't get digested, so the microbes feed on them). So without fiber, the microbes start to eat and tear the walls of the intestines, which causes intestinal bleeding.

The lack of fiber seems to be one of the reasons why the all-meat diet is not a good idea in the long term.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd suppose you tried the all-meat diet yourself, or did you consult your evil scientist overlords to tell you that eating only meat is stupid?
    I never tried the all meat diet myself, I don't need to. I can eat meat and other food and tell what is good, works, and what I need and want without any recommendations from outside sources. I'll still regard outside sources, because I'm not a imbecile, still I don't need to refer to the outside world for food health. I can lower my heart rate over a number of days by cutting back on certain foods, or increasing. I've paying attention to reality since I was a tiny lil kid.

When I'm working in the Bush in the winter I crave meat and fat heavily. Which is why I cook bacon into pretty much every dinner I make. There is an internal furnace inside me and it works by loading it up with burnable calories that keep my core temperature at a steady rate when the outside air freezes to minus 40 degrees centigrade. I have learned this through trial and error in my 30+ years. Only people who live in tropical/ temperate climates with access to modern globalized food products can have the luxury of being vegan.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This seems to be caused by the lack of "good" microbes in the intestines having any fiber to feed on (insoluble fiber don't get digested, so the microbes feed on them). So without fiber, the microbes start to eat and tear the walls of the intestines, which causes intestinal bleeding.

The lack of fiber seems to be one of the reasons why the all-meat diet is not a good idea in the long term.
    Good mircrobes and the Probiotic craze is a fad that will eventually burn out. Its being driven by the Dairy industry that found a new sciency way to push their Dairy products, ie: yogurts, cheeses. In the last 7-10 years the newest most important thing for our health is good gut bacteria. In the early 2000s it was all about Omega acids. In the 1990s it was the multi-vitamin.

Suddenly the best thing for us is amazing gut flora. Are you taking a Pro-biotic, well you should be, because leaky cut, don't use anti-bacterial soap because its killing the good bacteria, antibiotic resistant bacteria on the rise....... its all the new scare crazzzzzzze.

That's the bacteria taking. Don't fucking worry about the microbes, this is your body, not some nebulous microbe inside you.

Why is society so obsessed with what other human beings are eating? Don't succumb to the collective forces telling you what to think and feel and pay attention too. Somebody wants to eat all meat than let them eat all meat for fucks sakes and let them figure it out on their own. Same goes for if someone wants to be a vegan and let them handle their own energy economy. As long as their imminent safety is not at risk, let them figure out their own bodies.

Right because its not about what people are eating as a health issue, its all about ethics. Meat factory farming BAD. Plants from the earth GOOD. 'Save the bees. Pesticides BAD. Obesity on the rise. FAT people are glogging arteries. Fat people cost more for health care. Costs are bad for ME. Public Health. Money making. Energy extraction. Exchanging energy. Hallow modern lives. Body as temple. My way is the way. US vs them. They eat what I don;t agree with. That is bad. My way is good. Natural. Man-made. One path only. One version of God. One perfect society. No smoking. No meat. No....

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never tried the all meat diet myself, I don't need to. I can eat meat and other food and tell what is good, works, and what I need and want without any recommendations from outside sources. I'll still regard outside sources, because I'm not a imbecile, still I don't need to refer to the outside world for food health.
    So you can't tell other people like Jordan Peterson why eating only meat is stupid, because it works for him. He doesn't need outside sources like yourself.

Good mircrobes and the Probiotic craze is a fad that will eventually burn out. Its being driven by the Dairy industry that found a new sciency way to push their Dairy products, ie: yogurts, cheeses. In the last 7-10 years the newest most important thing for our health is good gut bacteria. In the early 2000s it was all about Omega acids. In the 1990s it was the multi-vitamin.
    Ok conspiracy theorist. Probiotic food may be a fad, but that has only happened after the discovery of probiotics and what the microbes are doing in our body and what their roles are.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you can't tell other people like Jordan Peterson why eating only meat is stupid, because it works for him. He doesn't need outside sources like yourself.
    I don't care what Jordan eats. He is a scrawny mother fucker so he must not eat very much daily throughout his life and he is still alive, so its working for him. I' saying I doubt its an all meat diet. Who knows though. The reason I pointed it out in the first place because it indicates to me he is not a sensor type at all. I pointed out a couple years ago here that he looked tired and run down and I doubted he had the stamina, physically, to keep up his global sermons. Seeing how his public exposure is fading out, with a big factor I'm guessing being his loss of energy and ability to keep it up, it seems I was right.

Ok conspiracy theorist. Probiotic food may be a fad, but that has only happened after the discovery of probiotics and what the microbes are doing in our body and what their roles are.
    Its not really a conspiracy, its more of a normal trend that is perfectly understandable. An industry latched onto a new understanding about their products and realized that the public loves healthy, environmental feel goodery stuff nowadays, so their advertisement teams caught onto the idea of using probiotics as a selling feature. Everybody knew in the 1990s that yogurt had lots of bacteria, but nobody gave it second thoughts as to its health benefits, yet people still bought yogurt back then. You only started to hear about Probiotics in the last 10 years or so. It creates this illusionary reality where-in now we need to have it! Wow, do you even supplement with probiotics? What the fuck man. Your gut is bleeding into you right now, dude. Its fucking celiac disease. Is there fucking glutine in here as well! WTF, I'm glutine intolerant.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@timber, the all-meat diet is a low calorie diet. I know. I lost fifteen pounds on it effortlessly. Protein is very filling.

Plus, if you limit what you eat to only protein and fat, there comes a time when you don't want to eat that much of it anymore. Lol.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 06-22-2019 at 08:02 PM.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't care what Jordan eats.
    Then why did you say eating only meat was stupid? Are you going to say "Wow, it's stupid for ME!"?. Yeah, ok.

Its not really a conspiracy, its more of a normal trend that is perfectly understandable. An industry latched onto a new understanding about their products and realized that the public loves healthy, environmental feel goodery stuff nowadays, so their advertisement teams caught onto the idea of using probiotics as a selling feature. Everybody knew in the 1990s that yogurt had lots of bacteria, but nobody gave it second thoughts as to its health benefits, yet people still bought yogurt back then. You only started to hear about Probiotics in the last 10 years or so. It creates this illusionary reality where-in now we need to have it! Wow, do you even supplement with probiotics? What the fuck man. Your gut is bleeding into you right now, dude. Its fucking celiac disease. Is there fucking glutine in here as well! WTF, I'm glutine intolerant.
    That's because it's not the microbes that come from the outside that matters. The "good" microbes are already living in your guts, since you were born. And they feed on insoluble fiber. I'd suppose probiotics can help, since they kill the "bad" bacteria. But the effects aren't permanent.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that "good" microbes constantly need to be fighting against "bad" microbes inside our bodies to prevent diseases and illnesses. You know, basic biology.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then why did you say eating only meat was stupid? Are you going to say "Wow, it's stupid for ME!"?. Yeah, ok.
    Its a gimmick and therefore stupid. By all means do what you want even if its stupid. You have that right. It might even be working for awhile, gimmicks usually work for a time. Two opposing thoughts in mind. Oh no, cognitive dissonance. Things are either red or blue not booth. Wtf how can this be possible?

That's because it's not the microbes that come from the outside that matters. The "good" microbes are already living in your guts, since you were born. And they feed on insoluble fiber. I'd suppose probiotics can help, since they kill the "bad" bacteria. But the effects aren't permanent.

Common sense.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that "good" microbes constantly need to be fighting against "bad" microbes inside our bodies to prevent diseases and illnesses. You know, basic biology.
    Know that we know about it brings us closer to Utopia on Earth!

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni 8w7 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ashlesha View Post
    Eating only meat seems counter intuitive partly cuz u hear about the benefits of veggies and stuff all the time but I'm not a fucking scientist and I'm probably biased cuz I love carbs, I can give up bread but then blueberries too? Fuck you
    I still eat berries occasionally. I think it's mostly the wheat, soy, corn, and seed oils that are fucking people up.

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni 8w7 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It takes five grams of plant carbohydrate to make one gram of animal protein.
    That's some weird nutritional stoichiometry you just did there.

Never heard of anything like that before. Beef is one of the easiest things for the human gut to digest, rivaling water.

It's possible you might some latent allergies for whatever reason. Many have low-level allergies to common foods/ingredients without ever knowing it (given it's not provoking outright anaphylaxis). There's medical tests available that can test for 800+ food allergens, though last I heard they're rather expensive.

In any event, if veganism works for you personally and your health diagnostics evince as much, then by all means continue. +1 for non-proselytization.

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni 8w7 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can, it's just that without carbohydrates, your body starts to get its energy from fats and not sugar.
    Interestingly, neurons process ketones more efficiently than glucose. Really makes you think (or at least it should).

Just because you can run on all-meat diet, doesn't mean that you should. There's just no reason why should going all-meat be better than other diets with nutrients, vitamins and fiber. The benefit may be that you're cutting out all the bad stuff that you were eating before, but you're throwing out all the good stuff as well.
    If non-meat food makes you sick, then that's a self-evident reason to ditch it.

Since humans are natural omnivores, the best diet seems to be an "all-rounder" balanced diet. Mostly fruits and vegetables, fish and poultry, and only some red meat. You are going to be needing vitamins and fibers in order to be healthy, especially in the long term. You are also going to need to be considerate of how your body digests and deals with the food that you ingest. And what kind of food that you need to ingest in order for your body to be working properly over time.
    Re: vitamins/minerals, all essential ones are abundant in meat and other animal-derived foods—anyone who believes otherwise hasn't checked the nutritional data of a good steak. I suspect consuming organ meats/etc is prudent also; basically if one could grind up an entire cow (or other ruminant) into a mixable powder, it'd likely net a complete nutritional profile for human health.

What's available in fruits/vegetables isn't very bioavailable to the human body, and there's plenty evidence that vegetables in particular act as antinutrients which could make existing deficiencies even worse.

Hard to say we're "natural omnivores" when many of the metabolic genes for utilizing non-meat foods are relatively new in the human genome—albeit not evenly distributed (e.g. https://www.dietdoctor.com/study-gen...s-dont-have-it). Similar to how adult lactase production is a recent emergence in certain parts of the world:

Obviously these are useful adaptations to have for sparing a population from starvation. But it doesn't mean regular consumption is necessarily optimal to human health.

Heart diseases are caused by fats clogged up in the arteries from too much fat intake, and diabetes are caused by too much sugar intake and the insulin regulator getting messed up over time.
    Heart disease wasn't all that common prior to the mass availability of vegetable/seed oils, which appear to facilitate a critical imbalance between n3/n6 fatty acids and lead to the symptoms recognized as heart disease. A major factor in why supplementing with fish oil is helpful.

Likewise diabetes being less common before everything got inundated with sugar. But consuming too many carbs in any form can induce diabetes just as well. Was common to put diabetics on low/no-carb diets in the decades prior to the inception of artificial insulin, and it worked.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His extreme diet does suggests low Si. It doesn't take a lot to see that the best diet is a balanced one. You can maybe survive without carbs, but thrive? No.

I tried going without carbs for a while. Then I tried just cutting out bread products. Did NOT work for me, in fact it negatively affected my digestion for months after. Only now have I finally recovered from that.

So yeah, balanced diet people.

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's a LIE imo

most scientific studies suggest that a vegan diet is the healthiest. the former president of the american college of cardiology, Dr. Kim A. Williams, is a vegan. I personally think that people need to greatly reduce their meat consumption, so I find it sad when someone like peterson promotes an all meat diet.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@timber, the all-meat diet is a low calorie diet. I know. I lost fifteen pounds on it effortlessly. Protein is very filling.

Plus, if you limit what you eat to only protein and fat, there comes a time when you don't want to eat that much of it anymore. Lol.
    Look I'm not disputing this, I'm just saying its a gimmick that works while it works. Its not a diet you can eat for the next 50 years. You learned what you learned, you accomplished what you accomplished. Right? That's about as far as it goes with this sort of eating. Its just not feasible. Alright, for me, and I am going to say for anyone.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its a gimmick and therefore stupid. By all means do what you want even if its stupid. You have that right. It might even be working for awhile, gimmicks usually work for a time. Two opposing thoughts in mind. Oh no, cognitive dissonance. Things are either red or blue not booth. Wtf how can this be possible?
    Ok, so your explanation is that it's stupid because "it's a gimmick". But you were going on about how you "don't need to explain things", you just need to... "feel it out!". While at the same time, you're trying to convince everyone else with your explanation that it's stupid because it's a gimmick? Ok.

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni 8w7 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look I'm not disputing this, I'm just saying its a gimmick that works while it works.
    By that qualification, aren't all regimens 'gimmicks' that "work while they work"…?

Its not a diet you can eat for the next 50 years. You learned what you learned, you accomplished what you accomplished. Right? That's about as far as it goes with this sort of eating. Its just not feasible. Alright, for me, and I am going to say for anyone.
    Again, I'm not really sure where people get off asserting shit like this when there are numerous existing populations w/ all-animal diets who are apparently doing just fine.

Likewise, if individuals on such diets feel better and their medical test results show objectively better physiological markers, one can't handwave away that it "doesn't work."

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By that qualification, aren't all regimens 'gimmicks' that "work while they work"…?
    Yes. This is just common sense.

Again, I'm not really sure where people get off asserting shit like this when there are numerous existing populations w/ all-animal diets who are apparently doing just fine.

Likewise, if individuals on such diets feel better and their medical test results show objectively better physiological markers, one can't handwave away that it "doesn't work."
    Like the Inuit? They don't eat all meat anymore either, food is flown in for them as well. When they did eat all meat they also consumed the marrow and the gallbladders and the livers and the eyes for the vitmains, especially vit c.

How many people in this modern age with modern butchers eat every bit of the animal and further how do they afford on their middle class wages the costs of eating only meats like steaks. How long can you eat a steak for breakfast, lunch and dinner for weeks and weeks on end. Its not realistic, its a modern fairytale. Do you do it, dude? You eat only meat for every time you put something in your mouth? It works for the time it works, until another season roles around and the physiological demands ask for other things. Like, this isn't hard for me to understand the rhythms of my body, I don't need to intellectualize the process. Bravo you eat only meat. Keep it up now for the rest of your life. I would be curious to see it actually work for somebody who is actually walking the talk here. Have you ever hunted before? I have. I've eaten all kinds of game from Deer to Moose heart. Just the value of the meat for consumption is not the only factor to even consider here. Palatability, flavour, and logistics are just as important for an actual long range diet. Impress with eating it for greater than 2 years exclusively. Then I would take any opinion more seriously.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL at all these pretend carnivores.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, so your explanation is that it's stupid because "it's a gimmick". But you were going on about how you "don't need to explain things", you just need to... "feel it out!". While at the same time, you're trying to convince everyone else with your explanation that it's stupid because it's a gimmick? Ok.
    I'll give you some meat, want to suck my dick?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast