Thread: ENFps, INFjs and manipulation

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default ENFps, INFjs and manipulation

In which ways Delta NFs could be manipulated?

Do you think Delta NF can be manipulative? If so, for what reasons?

Describe some cases or examples if you have some. Thanks

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can fool some people all of the time, and all people some of the time, but you can't fool all people all the time. Same goes for Delta NF's.

Delta NF's can be gullible and therefore are potentially subject to abuse, especially in the sense that you can make them work hard for you of they like you, but sooner or later their intuition will make them see the abuse. This goes especially for older Delta NF's, who have more life experience (and less attachment to socially accepted norms) and thus will keep people with the wrong vibes at a proper distance.

And of course Delta NF's can be manipulative, but often this manipulation is often intended to be beneficial to the recipient. If it really works out that way, is another matter. Delta NF's can be really annoying when offering intrusive unsolicited advice. Some less rounded Delta NF's have the tendency to focus more on other people's issues then their own (focus on Ne and this can be the case with both IEEs and EIIs). More rounded NF's have a live-and-let-live attitude and are more compassionate people (focus on Fi). But this more or less applies to all types: as people get older, there is a greater chance that they arrive at a point where they realize that ultimately love is all that matters.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Delta NFs can be manipulated, sure.
    I recommend gradual pressure, like the proverbial boiling frog, so they don't jump away. And puppy dog eyes.
    And if that doesn't work, go for an all-out data assault...

They can also be manipulative. But I don't really have an explanation of the how.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Director Abbie brilliant! Thank you. Exactly what I was looking for

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Lemme guess EII's gather lots of data and then connect it with some sort of model. In EII's case it involves relations in which person is tied into. They anticipate their reactions by manipulating relational components. So it comes more effective as they get to know you.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do think that especially EIIs are more likely to be victims of manipulation rather than perpetrating it, out of general naivete.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Atari View Post
    In which ways Delta NFs could be manipulated?
    easier in weak regions

> Do you think Delta NF can be manipulative? If so, for what reasons?

anyone influences on people for own tasks

> Describe some cases or examples if you have some.

look at any communication

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    Lemme guess EII's gather lots of data and then connect it with some sort of model. In EII's case it involves relations in which person is tied into. They anticipate their reactions by manipulating relational components. So it comes more effective as they get to know you.
    This. Anticipating their reactions. Creating certain scenarios to get specific reactions. Tweaking the social parameters to get specific results is the more vague way of saying it.
    And the mroe they know you yea they definetely know what they need to do to get the kind of reaction they want.

As far as being manipulated, just tell them whatever you want to sell them will fix their problems, and no need to tell them exactly how because 1D Te can't be bothered to figure it out, give a basic explanation and they might think ,if you say so and many people say so it must work, that's usually 1D Te's thought.
    Social manipulation not so much, because they are usually aware of so many invisible social things that they are probably ahead of you in conjuring up all the possible scenarios that could take place. If you say this, they will anticipate that, if you say that they will anticipate this. Perhaps coming off really genuine can fool them, but that is hard to fake. It is much easier to fool them though if you just met them, because they have no point of reference to draw from on you.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    You can fool some people all of the time, and all people some of the time, but you can't fool all people all the time. Same goes for Delta NF's.

Delta NF's can be gullible and therefore are potentially subject to abuse, especially in the sense that you can make them work hard for you of they like you, but sooner or later their intuition will make them see the abuse. This goes especially for older Delta NF's, who have more life experience (and less attachment to socially accepted norms) and thus will keep people with the wrong vibes at a proper distance.

And of course Delta NF's can be manipulative, but often this manipulation is often intended to be beneficial to the recipient. If it really works out that way, is another matter. Delta NF's can be really annoying when offering intrusive unsolicited advice. Some less rounded Delta NF's have the tendency to focus more on other people's issues then their own (focus on Ne and this can be the case with both IEEs and EIIs). More rounded NF's have a live-and-let-live attitude and are more compassionate people (focus on Fi). But this more or less applies to all types: as people get older, there is a greater chance that they arrive at a point where they realize that ultimately love is all that matters.
    This is where having someone who truly loves you to the depths and back and commits to your care forever is very important to Delta NFs. We thrive in a solid relationship where we can just be a loving mother or husband and just take care of the relationship. This isn’t to say that we don’t get moody and frustrated. Heck my husband (LSE) has resigned the role of me as the mother” who takes care of baby and the household and who feeds everyone delicious fresh and healthy meals. But every so often taking care of a demanding newborn can be exhausting and I just need to step away from the fussiness so I say things to him I’m not such a nice way to some but far from mean to others. I’ll say “I need you to step away from your distraction and take care of your baby.” He’ll day “our baby” but to me I’m so mad that he hasn’t helped that she’s become “YOUR “ baby lol. I can’t wait for this early stage to be over where our baby can be a bit more independent
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html