Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Since the Introverted Dual is so Often Passed Over by the Extraverted Dual~

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Since the Introverted Dual is so Often Passed Over by the Extraverted Dual~

~How does the introvert attract the attention/admiration of their dual?
    However, nature has played a little trick on us. It is difficult to notice your Dual partner among all the other types and even easier to pass them by. Usually during first contact extroverts think about their introvert Dual as ordinary and simple, therefore not deserving their personal attention. In return introverts consider theirextrovert Dual to be too good for them and therefore unattainable.
    Taken from here

I'm sure the answer to this question will depend on each dyad, but please share whatever ideas you have, type-related or not.

I've definitely felt like ILEs were 'too good for me' in the past, sort of like the kind of people I admire deep down inside, those clever and open-minded people who were unafraid to try things just for the sake of it. Shamelessly 'weird', quirky, and yes even impishly childlike (that's how I thought of them before Socionics) people that were simultaneously intelligent and objective. I wouldn't even dare to consider the possibility of a relationship with one. And to be honest, the majority of the boys I could think of who were like that definitely passed me by without a thought.

To find out that they were my dual was so encouraging, it was like having the sun burst through the clouds!! LOL. But then, I still worry if I'll be able to get past that bias against the introverted dual.

Any experiences and thoughts are welcome. Introverts, discuss what's worked for you. Extraverts, feel free to share what you would like to see your introverted dual do to catch your eye. Discuss~
    Last edited by Xaiviay; 11-30-2018 at 12:02 AM.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

No, no, I love introverts. I like how they don't talk too much.

EIIs have tended to show up around me. Maybe because I talk to anyone, so I make that first contact, then they liked the contact so they come back.
    And I'd love to have a collection of EIIs. Just put the EIIs in my basket. Happy basket of duals. Let them out to play, but not to run away.

Objectively, yeah, I am too good for them. I can do a lot of useful things that they're just clueless about. Yet then there's something subtle they can do that others can't. And they often have a wit of their own.

To catch my eye, an EII just needs to hang out with me. Not directly, but just happen to be in the same area as me. Like the library, or a classroom, or a comment section. And we will have an interaction. Then they should keep it going. Do the conversation thing.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My ESI duals should figure out how to say "Yes" once in a while.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Careful, I knew a LIE who was - maybe subconsciously - looking for a girl who has keen to say "no" and ended up with an alpha SF who would say "no" often because of her upbringing/NTR stuff.

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The time will come.

On a side note, the ESI I've lived with says 'no' to literally 99% of what you tell her. Lol. "Do you want a drink?" No. "Do you want me to cook for you?" No. "Is there anything I can do for you?" No.

But then if you actually start doing something for her without asking, she's usually really grateful and happy about it. Selfless ESI just can't bring herself to verbally accept service. Adam, maybe you just need to just butt in and help them with the Te in their life xD

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Xaiviay i actually think that quote you posted might relate more to Irrational types. As an example I know a female IEE-NE who is constantly bragging and talks a lot. I have a hard time seeing how anyone could get a word in with her. It seems she doesn't allow much room for other people to express themselves. In this context, I can see how someone like her might pass over her dual as she might be expecting that everyone will relate to people in the way that she does.

I suspect that Rational types are a bit different, less spontaneous so maybe they adjust their attitude to someone before an interaction has even started.

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    @Xaiviay i actually think that quote you posted might relate more to Irrational types. As an example I know a female IEE-NE who is constantly bragging and talks a lot. I have a hard time seeing how anyone could get a word in with her. It seems she doesn't allow much room for other people to express themselves. In this context, I can see how someone like her might pass over her dual as she might be expecting that everyone will relate to people in the way that she does.

I suspect that Rational types are a bit different, less spontaneous so maybe they adjust their attitude to someone before an interaction has even started.
    Good feedback @Delilah, that may be true.

In that case, calling all the irrationals! Help this thread out

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Duals find each other all the time. Dont think too much about socionics or "how to behave" when being with a dual.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The maybe of the ESI is the yes

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    Duals find each other all the time. Dont think too much about socionics or "how to behave" when being with a dual.
    This basically. Instead of trying to attract certain types, focus on expressing yourself in a way that is relevant to and benefits others.

https://web.archive.org/web/20140419...tice/ego.shtml

Learning general social skills can't hurt either. But that's not about "finding a dual" really.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    This basically. Instead of trying to attract certain types, focus on expressing yourself in a way that is relevant to and benefits others.

Learning general social skills can't hurt either. But that's not about "finding a dual" really.
    Great article, thanks for sharing. It puts into words my own experience.

I used to feel like my "gifts" or strengths weren't valued, simply because I was around people who didn't care for my strengths for most of my life.

It's liberating to finally interact and be with people who appreciate your Ego functions.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That being said, I know of a real life example where the SEI had to be very persistent to get the ILE into a relationship. But that probably came naturally to her (the SEI) because she had no knowledge of Socionics. They are now married.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This is awesome, thank you. That article is pretty spot on; down to earth and realistic advice.

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

That being said, I know of a real life example where the SEI had to be very persistent to get the ILE into a relationship. But that probably came naturally to her (the SEI) because she had no knowledge of Socionics. They are now married.
    I can do that, if necessary yayy encouragement

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a problem for early 20 somethings.

Basically you just put yourself out there in whatever your environment entails. One thing will lead to the next, a chance encounter, who knows. Over thinking it is stupid. Its an age thing. You don;t get to do socionics until you are "in" socionics. Otherwise it will be like astrology and you will just feel miserable and dissatisfied. How do you know the introvert is passed over by the extrovert? Because you read it in an online article, and now you will let that colour your awareness of reality before your eyes?

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

There are things in my life that makes me bit perplexed about the reality.

My sensing ethics qualities are low. Just because a person shows some qualities of analytical nature and drive for something (quite mental)
    and is also complete looney does not mean it is even in every possible way otherwise.

Look up Filatova's ILE portrait. Like it is easier to be completely rootless than do something about it yourself if main drive tells us so.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad to see that Rick's stuff is still around. I learnt a lot from his site.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If you are feeling "passed over" often by people you like you probably got a lot of social developing to do. I felt that way a lot when my self-esteem hit rock bottom in school when my life was really shitty and I felt dissatisfied with myself for various reasons. Now that actually developed some level of social skills and am less shut-off then I used to be I don't feel passed over by people anymore unless they are people I wouldn't want to be around with anyway.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I agree with @Delilah this is more the case with irrational dyads. EP types are the types that like to brag and come off as "winners" and "cool".

Personally, I often find ESIs I meet IRL attractive. The fact they create psychological distance with strangers all the while having obvious social skills with people they are close to creates the impression of someone who is hard to get. It depends on the ESI though, some are more open than others. Subtypes can play a role too. subtype is less reserved. subtype appears stangely mysterious.

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by waddup View Post
    This is a problem for early 20 somethings.

Basically you just put yourself out there in whatever your environment entails. One thing will lead to the next, a chance encounter, who knows. Over thinking it is stupid. Its an age thing. You don;t get to do socionics until you are "in" socionics. Otherwise it will be like astrology and you will just feel miserable and dissatisfied. How do you know the introvert is passed over by the extrovert? Because you read it in an online article, and now you will let that colour your awareness of reality before your eyes?
    It's probably true that this is more of a problem with younger people, we have less experience and have more room to grow and develop, socially.

....But, to explain my point - Honestly, I've had a harder time getting close to ILEs over all other types (even my conflictors - the irony!). tbh I've never had an ILE attracted to me for my natural SEI-ness - the only one who initiated a friendship did it when I was using lots of Ti and being overly analytical (he even said "you seem like a very calculating, logical person"). When I try to talk to them, it's harder to interest them than any other type. They don't seem to consciously value Fe or Si, even though I've really tried to address their concerns and needs with it. It actually has been my experience that ILEs pass over SEIs.

I'm not saying this is what always happens, in fact I really hope this is not what usually happens! I'm just going off of what I've experienced, and this article happens to confirm it.

So yes, genuine advice from people who've had experience in this area, is very much appreciated.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Just take over the situation. Arrange something. They are usually quite available people if the schedule permits (always curios). Then suddenly at some point tables will turn when something is well established. If one type is unsure of establishing sustainable relations it is ILE.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    Just take over the situation. Arrange something. They are usually quite available people if the schedule permits (always curios). Then suddenly at some point tables will turn when something is well established. If one type is unsure of establishing sustainable relations it is ILE.
    Thanks so much, Troll You're probably the best person to advise me on this matter. I'll try just taking over then, as long as he seems open to it

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What people want seems to take precedence over what might be good for them, so relating this tendency to introverted-versus-extroverted is a real stretch; fast-food has a bigger draw than healthy cooking even among most introverts. The real hurdle to overcome is being able to actually see beyond one's own ego; with most people, this does improve with age but by that time, a lot of water has passed under the bridge. Also there's the old adage that blood flows directly from the brain to the genitals thus reducing intelligence at critical times, which is likely a more plausible explanation than the one initially quoted......

a.k.a. I/O
    Last edited by Rebelondeck; 12-02-2018 at 04:13 PM.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Duality only works naturally/unconsciously. You can learn all you want about Socionics, but you can't really do it. If you want a better life, just focus on being who you really are.
    Last edited by Aramas; 12-03-2018 at 01:49 AM.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Xaiviay View Post
    It's probably true that this is more of a problem with younger people, we have less experience and have more room to grow and develop, socially.

....But, to explain my point - Honestly, I've had a harder time getting close to ILEs over all other types (even my conflictors - the irony!). tbh I've never had an ILE attracted to me for my natural SEI-ness - the only one who initiated a friendship did it when I was using lots of Ti and being overly analytical (he even said "you seem like a very calculating, logical person"). When I try to talk to them, it's harder to interest them than any other type. They don't seem to consciously value Fe or Si, even though I've really tried to address their concerns and needs with it. It actually has been my experience that ILEs pass over SEIs.

I'm not saying this is what always happens, in fact I really hope this is not what usually happens! I'm just going off of what I've experienced, and this article happens to confirm it.

So yes, genuine advice from people who've had experience in this area, is very much appreciated.
    I had an ILE friend who told me he was looking for a mate who would be just as intellectually curious as him. If he was looking for anything resembling Si/Fe he didn't mention it.

This is what people mean by "dualization" - people are sometimes too dumb to realize that they need whatever their dual is offering. They think they want someone just like them.

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I had an ILE friend who told me he was looking for a mate who would be just as intellectually curious as him. If he was looking for anything resembling Si/Fe he didn't mention it.

This is what people mean by "dualization" - people are sometimes too dumb to realize that they need whatever their dual is offering. They think they want someone just like them.
    Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    People who are intellectually curious have far better relationships with other people who are also intellectually curious than they do with those who are not. So, if that was his criteria, he wasn't dumb at all.
    SEIs are prone to being intellectually curious, we're TI HA and Ne suggestive. But we're not as confident in this area. The ILEs I've talked with helped encourage this out of me though. I completely get why ILEs want someone more like themselves; I tend to want someone with SEI qualities, too. Also, I do work on my own intuition and thinking, it's important to me. But I don't want to have to be an ILE carbon copy to be 'enough' for them. It'd be really nice to be appreciated for my Si caregiving and my Fe... I've experienced lots of duality chemistry where the ILE was helping me out with his ego functions, but not so much where he appreciated mine...One of them seemed to reach for my Fe, but no Si-seeking, yet.

It's probably true what thehotelambush said about how lots of people don't get that opposite functional strengths could be good for them. I guess rn, I'm just trying not to be too discouraged by this, and by the trend of my past experiences with this type, the Myers Briggs forums full of ENTPs talking about how they wouldn't date a 'boring, small-minded, overly sensitive SF' (just go read other forums, it's everywhere), and stuff like the article I quoted in the OP.

The article thehotelambush quoted, plus @Tallmo's and @Troll Nr 007's advice pretty much covers what would come most naturally to me to do, anyways, which seems like a good sign. So I am encouraged by this, thank you all

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

... It actually has been my experience that ILEs pass over SEIs.

Has been my impression as well. I used to play a multiplayer game that was based in science fiction and quite competitive, so it was overrun by male ILEs. The group I played with for was large, close to 200 players, so besides the the NT members we did have a few SEIs in that mix. In retrospect, I did get the impression that the ILEs would ignore the few SEIs that we had. Like it was a non-interaction between them. Their conversations didn't go much past some immediate need or small talk. At the same time the ILEs would show a lot more interest in the EIIs and IEIs and even LSEs we had in this group. It seems like many ILEs in their 20s will pursue EII, ILI, IEI, and even SLI and LSE girls and overlook the SEIs. They say that they are looking for an "intelligent" partner to match themselves, and girls of logical and/or intuitive types are most likely to impress them that way.

I've also been seeing a lot of ILE male - LSE female couples around. While the LSE woman is reluctant and unsure about having serious relations with an ILE, as the ILE doesn't 'build' a relationship the way Fi types accomplish this, the ILE is unabashed by the LSE's cold-ish treatment, so he sticks around and tries to impress her by his Ne antics, and eventually the LSE girl figures that she needs someone to take care of and gets into a relationship with the ILE.

the only one who initiated a friendship did it when I was using lots of Ti and being overly analytical (he even said "you seem like a very calculating, logical person")
    That's one way to draw a dual's attention to yourself - is to temporarily act like them and mirror their behavior. A lot of people get stuck on the notion that their ideal match is someone who is like them, and while duals are alike in many ways they don't immediately show this as the dual-seeking functions are subconscious. So once you show this, you'll get their attention.

Duality is also sharply felt when one of the duals leaves, gets fired, or suddenly goes missing. This is when the other dual might get those subconscious feelings rise up to conscious recognition of them, so that they become a lot more aware of the connection that was there that they used to take for granted.

Another scenario described by Gulenko is when duals help each other out in times of trouble, which brings their unrealized strong points to the forefront in friendship or a relationship. This one also works, but honestly it is difficult to actuate in Western societies that place so much emphasis on individualism, individual achievement, and independence.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People who are intellectually curious have far better relationships with other people who are also intellectually curious than they do with those who are not. So, if that was his criteria, he wasn't dumb at all.
    It was more than being intellectually curious though - he meant that she should already have the broad kind of knowledge that comes from actually acting on Ne rather than just valuing it (the distinction @Xaiviay makes above). I thought this was clear from the context but anyhow...

Maybe that's just the thing - it's hard to distinguish between someone valuing something and being good at it, it's a counterintuitive idea.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Curiosity has nothing to do with Ne. Everyone on this forum has some intellectual curiosity or they wouldn't have sought this forum out to explore their interests and learn. It's also not type-related the degree to which people do this.

Some Ne leads have a very shallow knowledge base and are not intellectually curious at all in fact, throwing out ideas but not following any of them. Seeing alternatives, and what is not currently present does not mean you question or explore anything to any depth. Some Ne leads are very intellectually curious, and others are not. Compare for instance SlackerMom with anndelise or Kim - each IEE has in my opinion a different level of curiosity and interest in various subjects and impetus to act on that interest, but each one is Ne lead.

Intellectual curiosity is one facet of "Openness to Experience" and even a cursory look at the research done on this trait in relationships and marital satisfaction will result in a lot of material showing that those who are open are much happier with others who are open, and those who are closed happier with others like them. Especially over the long-term.
    "Curiosity has nothing to do with Ne."

I can't agree with this at all. Ne is more than merely "seeing" what is not present, it's the impetus to go out and actually explore it. This doesn't need to be "intellectual" per se - that's merely one manifestation of it, but it is characteristic even if most Ne leads don't manifest it. It's the same as saying that performance art is characteristically Fe even if most Fe leading types aren't performance artists.

And, of course Ni is also involved in the "depth" aspect of intellectualism and people have plenty of different motivations for coming to this forum. But we're getting into the realm of pedantry here, what I've said should be clear.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, you have your opinions. They aren't backed up by anything though.
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...-and-V-Gulenko

If you look at the descriptions of the Ne subtypes of the Ne lead types, they both have “curious” in there.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sigh. "Generator of ideas" as written in the article - that's actually a good description of Ne. Notice that it says absolutely nothing about actually exploring ideas in depth ie what hotel wrote here Nowhere is there anything that says Ne is about following your curiosity to develop a broad knowledge base. And intellectual curiosity, the actual exploration of ideas is not Ne.

Think about it - when you research something that interests you, how much Ne is actually being used in doing that? Wondering how something works, or asking questions about something and following it, rooting out answers - where's the Ne? Only in the generation of alternative explanations, the brainstorming and coming up with new ways to look at things - that's where you'll see Ne.

Besides you want to find a single word in a description, let's look at more of them. How about the ESE? "inquisitive" Does inquisitiveness not come from curiosity? How about the Ti-LSI "If he finds his work interesting and inspirational, may give it his preference while neglecting his personal needs" What makes work "interesting?" To spark a person's interest there must be something intriguing, something to explore, and is that not curiosity? So on and so forth, I purposely grabbed from those with weak Ne, and yet, they still possess interest, curiosity, inquisitiveness. . .
    They still say “curious”. That’s an original source too.

There’s your backup. You’re welcome @thehotelambush .

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And so do other descriptions of other types, even those with weak Ne so follow the reasoning here. If it were related to Ne those other types would not ALSO be curious and inquisitive. Instead they would lack those attributes, but don't. Instead what is mentioned for Ne polr is that there's a reluctance to accept novel ideas. Curiosity is not lacking, interest is not lacking, exploration of ideas to find answers is not lacking, but there is an inclination to be skeptical of crazy new ideas. So, in that context - what part is the Ne? Obviously the idea-generation is the Ne part, not the rest.
    Lol ok but I guess you couldn’t find any other places that literally said curious otherwise you’d have quoted them.

Obviously it means Meged and Gulenko associated Ne with curiosity.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't even look. Just skimmed to grab a couple things which was plenty enough to demonstrate. I also brought in information that has been tested that is outside of socionics. So, if it's true (and it is) that people are happier in relationships with others who share their own degree of openness, then either openness (and the facet of openness involving intellectual curiosity) is not Ne, or socionics has relationship dynamics all wrong. Either answer is fine with me.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back on topic,

Some reasons ILE and I fell for each other, especially from his side allegedly:
    - He says conversation is very important. Looks alone never did much for him in terms of thinking of entering a relationship.
    - We only got closer after we entered a situation where we could talk alone, one on one. I distinctly became more attracted to him starting then.
    - He says he cares a lot about whether or not one is “a thinker”.
    - He believes we’re both compatible because even though we’re both objectively relatively social and extroverted, we’re both semi-autistic introverted extroverts basically. He’s said that when he sees very extroverted people who post a lot on social media and have tons and tons of connections, he thinks that’s great but that’s the extent of it; he can’t relate to them or get closer to people like that usually. I feel the same way. He believes a quieter person would make a better match for him and I’m the same way.

I find quiet people enticing and hot, and more attractive to talk to than talkative people personally.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

... So, if it's true (and it is) that people are happier in relationships with others who share their own degree of openness, ...
    @squark, do you have a link?

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@squark, do you have a link?
    You can start HERE The sections on work groups, strangers and friends, and marriage and family all have information about relationships,

and then there's several pages of references at the end of the chapter where you can look through actual studies and also use those as jumping off points to find more information as well. Or if you'd rather, just a google scholar search brings up quite a few studies.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't even look.
    Sigh

Just skimmed to grab a couple things which was plenty enough to demonstrate. I also brought in information that has been tested that is outside of socionics.
    *slow clap*

They weren’t related to Socionics claims at all.

I noticed you were careful to no longer try directly repeating your previous claim that Ne has nothing to do with (intellectual) curiosity.

Oh but we can just forget about that and move on.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    Sigh
    Because within seconds I was able to prove the premise incorrect, there was no need to go any further.

They weren’t related to Socionics claims at all.
    They are directly related to the claims that hotelambush is making. Directly. I'm sorry you're unable to see this.

I noticed you were careful to no longer try directly repeating your previous claim that Ne has nothing to do with (intellectual) curiosity.

Oh but we can just forget about that and move on.
    Nope. I'll repeat it right here. Ne has nothing to do with intellectual curiosity. Any type can have intellectual curiosity, and it's found in different degrees within individuals of any type, and among all of the types of the socion.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because within seconds I was able to prove the premise incorrect, there was no need to go any further.
    Lol did you set a timer?

They are directly related to the claims that hotelambush is making. Directly. I'm sorry you're unable to see this.
    No, they arent. Because they aren’t related to your or other claims on Ne. I guess you can’t show me or others how in a few seconds?

Nope. I'll repeat it right here. Ne has nothing to do with intellectual curiosity. Any type can have intellectual curiosity, and it's found in different degrees among all of the types of the socion.
    “Nothing to do with” contradicts “found in different degrees”. I’m sorry you’re unable to see this.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@squark BTW, I was even kind enough to paraphrase your words for you. What you actually said was “Curiosity has nothing to do with Ne”. Which I disproved with source Socionics material and succinctly explained how and why it does seem to directly have to do with it. Within “seconds” you could say lol.

You have your opinions, I guess. They aren't backed up by anything though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast