Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: Almost-school shooter (Aaron Stark)

  1. #1
    xerxe xerxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ministry of Love
    Posts
    6,358
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Almost-school shooter (Aaron Stark)


  2. #2
    Raver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Posts
    4,938
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    He strikes me as being valuing and an introvert. Good ted talk, it shows that not all school shooters are monsters, but rather broken damaged people.

    It also makes me sad that a lot of people commit suicide for being in similar circumstances as him, but did not get any love from anyone in their environment.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

    Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    11,211
    Mentioned
    1013 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    mb SLI
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  4. #4
    xerxe xerxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ministry of Love
    Posts
    6,358
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm going to try to be nicer to lower socioeconomic class White people after watching that. I already am IMO, but a little bit of extra doesn't hurt. Rich people can still pretty much go to hell, though.

  5. #5
    Raver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Posts
    4,938
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xerxes View Post
    I'm going to try to be nicer to lower socioeconomic class White people after watching that. I already am IMO, but a little bit of extra doesn't hurt. Rich people can still pretty much go to hell, though.
    Yeah, poor people tend to get the short handed stick in life regardless of race or creed. Rich people try to get the middle class to get angry at the poor to distract us from getting mad at them!

    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

    Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

  6. #6
    f.k.a Oprah sbbds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    2,174
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xerxes View Post
    I'm going to try to be nicer to lower socioeconomic class White people after watching that. I already am IMO, but a little bit of extra doesn't hurt. Rich people can still pretty much go to hell, though.
    Sorry to supervise you but lol that you didn’t know people like this existed before. Ironically I guess because you’re (prob a white guy) from a higher social class than them yourself. Discrimination just adds more hate and helps with nothing. It just comes across as bitterness towards the overtly rich white chads out there who are in fact nicer people than you even though your background in reality probably isn’t terribly different. Not to mention it’s copying the discriminatory qualities that the people you hate have in theory which is hypocritical and unprogressive.
    Last edited by sbbds; 11-21-2018 at 03:52 AM.

  7. #7
    of the sun Karatos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    TIM
    LSI- Se 9w8
    Posts
    1,615
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The lower class frequently lacks the resources necessary for therapy, medication, counselling, etc. Many don't even become properly socialized because their parents are too busy shooting up, smoking meth or some shit to really raise them during critical phases of child development. So, yeah, they have a higher likelihood of trying to solve problems through violence.
    "Talent hits a target no one else can hit; genius hits a target no one else can see." - Schopenhauer

  8. #8
    Reyne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    459
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    I got nothing to add about the sociotype, but thank you for posting the video.

    My younger years ain't been that extreme, but I can relate. Also, stereotyping about groups of people doesn't always make sense, considering that everything is relative. My family was a wealthy middle class family, but in the private school my father signed me after moving to a different country I was by far the poorest. I got mocked because my clothes were cheap and because I didn't buy new ones nearly as often as them. They mocked me for my different accent. One day they saw me with dirty shoes outside the school and ridiculed me for it (I had to work outside that day). The same day they also ridiculed me because I was wearing a t shirt that I had since a lot of years. One week I skipped school because I was ill. They called me on the phone. I was surprised that somebody apparently cared about me. When I answered "hello" I could hear only laughter from the other end of the phone. They laughed because of my accent.

    I somehow developed from a nice quiet guy to a psychotic pseudo bully. I started reacting violently every time I scented the smell of a wicked desire of humiliation. Through that armor things got way better, but I still got no love or affection from anybody. I felt like the loneliest person on the earth.

    Things got better but I still spent all the time fantasizing plans to kill them all. With my bare hands or with a knife. It is too hard to get a gun where I live. I killed them over and over again in my mind. They all were so nice to eachother, and felt affection for the others. They isolated only me. I sometimes imagined that I would spare the quiet and somehow decent ones, but then I would remember all the times they had fun with the "cool" ones.

  9. #9
    xerxe xerxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ministry of Love
    Posts
    6,358
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    Sorry to supervise you but lol that you didn’t know people like this existed before. Ironically I guess because you’re (prob a white guy) from a higher social class than them yourself. Discrimination just adds more hate and helps with nothing. It just comes across as bitterness towards the overtly rich white chads out there who are in fact nicer people than you even though your background in reality probably isn’t terribly different. Not to mention it’s copying the discriminatory qualities that the people you hate have in theory which is hypocritical and unprogressive.
    Oh lol I knew they existed. I used to hang out with the delinquent kids since we all came from the same low socioeconomic background. I accept that rich people can be nice and well-meaning individuals but, as a class, their interests are allowed to take priority over the more humble interests of their workers.

  10. #10
    f.k.a Oprah sbbds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    2,174
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xerxes View Post
    Oh lol I knew they existed. I used to hang out with the delinquent kids since we all came from the same low socioeconomic background. I accept that rich people can be nice and well-meaning individuals but, as a class, their interests are allowed to take priority over the more humble interests of their workers.
    They let you hang out with them even though you were being a dick to them?

  11. #11
    f.k.a Oprah sbbds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    2,174
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reyne View Post
    I got nothing to add about the sociotype, but thank you for posting the video.

    My younger years ain't been that extreme, but I can relate. Also, stereotyping about groups of people doesn't always make sense, considering that everything is relative. My family was a wealthy middle class family, but in the private school my father signed me after moving to a different country I was by far the poorest. I got mocked because my clothes were cheap and because I didn't buy new ones nearly as often as them. They mocked me for my different accent. One day they saw me with dirty shoes outside the school and ridiculed me for it (I had to work outside that day). The same day they also ridiculed me because I was wearing a t shirt that I had since a lot of years. One week I skipped school because I was ill. They called me on the phone. I was surprised that somebody apparently cared about me. When I answered "hello" I could hear only laughter from the other end of the phone. They laughed because of my accent.

    I somehow developed from a nice quiet guy to a psychotic pseudo bully. I started reacting violently every time I scented the smell of a wicked desire of humiliation. Through that armor things got way better, but I still got no love or affection from anybody. I felt like the loneliest person on the earth.

    Things got better but I still spent all the time fantasizing plans to kill them all. With my bare hands or with a knife. It is too hard to get a gun where I live. I killed them over and over again in my mind. They all were so nice to eachother, and felt affection for the others. They isolated only me. I sometimes imagined that I would spare the quiet and somehow decent ones, but then I would remember all the times they had fun with the "cool" ones.
    Exactly. Also there are different forms of resources out there, e.g. new money and old money. People with cash tend to teach their kids how to be frugal and act poor to hide it as it’s natural to not want to stand out, or in some cases don’t ever tell their kids. More ostentatious people aren’t necessarily more rich. Many times people including parents are noobs about this kind of societal knowledge and don’t even know about these things or where they stand themselves. The reality is much more complex.

  12. #12
    IQ over 150 vesstheastralsilky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    TIM
    ~°~
    Posts
    1,487
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ILI
    ~* astralsilky



    Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

    Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

  13. #13
    xerxe xerxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ministry of Love
    Posts
    6,358
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    They let you hang out with them even though you were being a dick to them?
    I could write a searingly caustic reply to this invidious remark, but I'd rather not let this argument escalate any further. I'll just reiterate what I said: I don't think rich people are necessarily (or even mostly) bad as individuals. I'm sure they have their foibles and human failings, many of which mirror those of the poor. But as a class, the social machinery that exists is designed to prioritize their interests. I don't think I need to invoke the ghost of Karl Marx to make this point.

  14. #14
    f.k.a Oprah sbbds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    2,174
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xerxes View Post
    I'm going to try to be nicer to lower socioeconomic class White people after watching that. I already am IMO, but a little bit of extra doesn't hurt.
    Quote Originally Posted by xerxes View Post
    I could write a searingly caustic reply to this invidious remark, but I'd rather not let this argument escalate any further.
    I was under the impression you were because of how you said this. Why wouldn’t it exactly imply that you didn’t know such dynamics existed and you were being a dick to them in your ignorance?

  15. #15

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    10,816
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    I was literally the most bullied kid at the entire school, but I didn't ever even think of shooting up the school for revenge. With these kids, there has to be something else going on other than just bullying in school and I'm glad this guy talks about his troubled home life (which I thankfully didn't have my parents were nice and supportive) ... I also knew people would label me a monster and Te ppl like Diane Sawyer would judge me bitchily and impersonally from their prestigious homes idk, I guess weirdly enough the social shame stopped me from doing that, even though I was the most un-popular boy in town.

    I've been reading about serial killers and my heart went out to [some of] them, even though I didn't want to be made fun for being a typical IEI that had too much compassion for 'wrong-doers' I just couldn't help it, some of the abusive stuff their mothers/fathers or grandparents said to them ugh. We like to often self-righteously think somebody doing something bad or immoral is them doing it with a campy mustache twirl but often it's just they were abused and acting out. ((too much media villainy warps us to the somber terror of real world villains or sth))

    I like his ideals about using love and heart to talk somebody down from doing something bad other than using force yourself, but sadly sometimes that's just not practical. Or something. Reminds me of my ILE friend a bit, tho I don't think he values Fe much at all.
    Last edited by BandD; 11-24-2018 at 03:34 PM.

  16. #16
    xerxe xerxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ministry of Love
    Posts
    6,358
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    I was under the impression you were because of how you said this. Why wouldn’t it exactly imply that you didn’t know such dynamics existed and you were being a dick to them in your ignorance?
    Because my original statement doesn't actually imply that I was a dick.

  17. #17
    f.k.a Oprah sbbds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    2,174
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xerxes View Post
    Because my original statement doesn't actually imply that I was a dick.
    Really? You were talking about them in the third person even though you claim to be a part of the same group. And you say in the last sentence: “Rich people can still pretty much go to hell, though.” That pretty much implies you thought poor white people could also go to hell before.

    And you claim to know things like this existed before, yet you’re treating this as if it’s new information. It doesn’t make any sense.

    I also fondly remember your white people extermination “joke” thread from a few months ago.

  18. #18
    xerxe xerxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ministry of Love
    Posts
    6,358
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    Really? You were talking about them in the third person even though you claim to be a part of the same group. And you say in the last sentence: “Rich people can still pretty much go to hell, though.” That pretty much implies you thought poor white people could also go to hell before.

    And you claim to know things like this existed before, yet you’re treating this as if it’s new information. It doesn’t make any sense.

    I also fondly remember your white people extermination “joke” thread from a few months ago.
    I see where you're coming from, but I think you're nitpicking what I said.

    People talk about themselves or their groups in the third person all the time. An insult can be a form of endearment and provoke a measure of bonding, even when it is politically incorrect, abrasive, and in poor taste. Comedians joke about their ethnicities and nationalities all the time in the third person. To be fair, and in the spirit of fuller disclosure, I don't just belong to the class of low socioeconomic status White people; my origin story is longer and would seem contrived if I wrote out the whole thing on the Internet.

    I'm not treating it as new information. Everyone knows this kind of thing happens, if only from watching the news lately. What was poignant, rather, and what provoked my exclamation, was the sense of pathos from hearing him discuss something so personal.

    "Rich people can `still` go to hell" doesn't mean that I thought poor people should go to hell. It just means that rich people should go to hell.
    Last edited by xerxe; 11-25-2018 at 04:47 PM.

  19. #19
    f.k.a Oprah sbbds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    2,174
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @xerxes

    Right. Shame on me for “nitpicking” on your ability to fairly assess and properly deliver and communicate social issues, after that. You claim to see where I’m coming from. I guess I have no choice but to take your word for it in spite of your nitpicking in turn of each of the points I made. Like I have no choice but to take your word that you have a certain background even though being emotionally moved by someone from that background is new for you and you now finally acknowledge that your background in reality is more complex. You’re missing my point, which is that you talk about this guy and people like him as if you couldn’t relate with him before, and say “Hey they’re actually suffering validly, I should really actually be nicer to people like this!”

    ...



    I’m not the one who is nitpicking and interpreting things wrongly. You’re evoking this interpretation via the way you have communicated.

  20. #20
    xerxe xerxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ministry of Love
    Posts
    6,358
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    @xerxes

    Right. Shame on me for “nitpicking” on your ability to fairly assess and properly deliver and communicate social issues, after that. You claim to see where I’m coming from. I guess I have no choice but to take your word for it in spite of your nitpicking in turn of each of the points I made. Like I have no choice but to take your word that you have a certain background even though being emotionally moved by someone from that background is new for you and you now finally acknowledge that your background in reality is more complex. You’re missing my point, which is that you talk about this guy and people like him as if you couldn’t relate with him before, and say “Hey they’re actually suffering validly, I should really actually be nicer to people like this!”

    ...



    I’m not the one who is nitpicking and interpreting things wrongly. You’re evoking this interpretation via the way you have communicated.

    I don't have anymore time for this. I don't see the point in justifying what was obviously an informal post written in good humour. If you seriously believe that what I said was careless, deal with it.

  21. #21
    f.k.a Oprah sbbds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    2,174
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xerxes View Post
    I don't have anymore time for this. I don't see the point in justifying what was obviously an informal post written in good humour. If you seriously believe that what I said was careless, deal with it.
    It’s BS that you have no time if you’re logging in here to shitpost. Shouldn’t take long to justify yourself if you can, since that’s sort of the point of a discussion forum. But ok, if you believe that’s obvious, I guess I won’t bother facilitating that opportunity for you anymore.

  22. #22
    xerxe xerxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ministry of Love
    Posts
    6,358
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    It’s BS that you have no time if you’re logging in here to shitpost. Shouldn’t take long to justify yourself if you can, since that’s sort of the point of a discussion forum. But ok, if you believe that’s obvious, I guess I won’t bother facilitating that opportunity for you anymore.
    Good.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •