TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Holographic-Panoramic Cognition and You

Are you a SLE, LII, IEE, or ESI?

If so, how does this form of cognition manifest in your thinking?

From Gulenko:

Holographical-Panoramic Cognition

In cognitive theory, the third cognitive form is the least studied: it is analytic, negative, and inductive. The provisional name of this style is Holographical-Panoramic. 'Holograph' originates from the Ancient Greek words holos "entire, whole" and grapho "write". This name is derived from the Holographist's ability to densely pack information via method of 'like to, similar' analogy. Sociotypes possessing this form are SLE, LII, IEE, ESI (ESTp, INTj, ENFp, ISFj, respectively)

As Statics, Holographers attain reliable precision of thought. As Negativists they periodically turn the object of thought to its opposite side. As Involutionary types, they sporadically change the angle of examination or criterion of judgment.

Intellectual Sphere

This cognitive style has much in common with the holographic principle in physics. A hologram (optical) is a statistically recorded interference pattern made by two beams of light which are transmitted and reflected from a single source. Holographic technology allows us to obtain a three-dimensional image of an object. The hologram itself is an aggregation of stripes and spots exactly resembling the embedded object. The two beams of light are superimposed in such a way that every part of the hologram carries information about the whole.

In this way, by mentally superimposing multiple projections of the same object, Holographists reach a holistic view. To do this, they look at the image and select a desired angle of examination. Holographic cognition often utilizes the grammatical conjunctives: "or-or", "either-or", "on the one hand, on the other hand". It actively uses the principle of perspective; unrestricted choice in point of view. The holographic approach is a progressive approximation towards the purpose, or away from it, accompanied by changes of perspective. The holographic process is carried out as if calibrating focus.

Holographic cognition has a characteristic penetrating, skeletal-revealing, 'x-ray' nature. It unhesitatingly cuts away details and nuances, giving a coarsely generalized representation of the subject. Take for example the two orthogonal cross-sections of a cylinder: the horizontal section looks like a circle, and the vertical section looks like a rectangle. Two different perspectives of an indivisible whole which, when superimposed in the mind, produces transition to a higher level of understanding about the object.

SLE thinks this way in battle. Analyzing the situation, they simplify it to two or three facets (frontal, flank, and/or rear), but then quickly go to a higher tier of understanding. LII grasps the problem from opposite sides, mentally rotating the situation in three dimensions around its semantic axes. ESI first draws near to a person, then moves away, seeming to probe the individual from all sides, cutting off those who could let them down. IEE detects the possible hidden motivations of a person, as if building their psychological 'hologram'.

The main advantages of Holographic cognition are as follows. First, it is multi-perspective. As already stated, because of this it attains a dimensionally holistic and complete depiction. Second, it values simplicity and clarity, avoids pretentiousness, and forgoes 'bells and whistles'. Holographists are particularly effective in crisis situations, when it is necessary to make decisions quickly, and there is no time to weigh all the details.

The obvious disadvantage of this cognitive style is that it appears too rough, lacking adequate consideration to details which become important when a process flows smoothly. Its information-dense constructs are often difficult to decompress and unpack; to outsiders, they may seem void of intermediate links for establishing coherency in their connections.

According to Aristotle, Holographic cognition corresponds to explanation by structural or formative causes. Aristotle called it the structure of form. Returning to the sculptor example, the cause of the sculpture is its latent form, which the sculptor merely sets free by cutting away excess marble.

Social Sphere

A vague idea of the holographic concept was expressed by Gottfried Leibniz's "Monadology". His monad, a microcosmic reflection of the whole world order, is analogous to a hologram. Ecologists regularly turned to it in attempting to understand why there is stability in nature. Relationships between living and non-living nature arising in a given territory causes biogeocenosis, or ecosystem formation. Ecosystems are primarily characterized by equilibrium of self-similarity over time, where long-term coexistence of opposites without merging (synthesis) is observed. Therefore, Static prevails over Dynamic in such communities. Therein lies the fundamental law of homeostasis in the ecosystem.

General systems theory was later formed on the basis of these ideas. It was founded by Austrian biologist Ludwig von Bertalanffy, who introduced the concept of open systems, which exchange matter, energy, and information with the environment, thus resisting destabilization.

While Determinists attempt to explain the behavior of a system by its component parts and interconnections, Holographists find novel qualities illustrating emergent features in it that cannot be accounted for solely from its internal structure. Therefore, the Holographical paradigm can generally be called a systemic-ecological worldview.

Contemporary 'green' ideology is an epitomization of this cognitive form. This does not in any way imply that the ideologues of this movement are Holographical types—cognitive styles and proclaimed viewpoints may not necessarily coincide! Manifestations of one cognitive style through another are completely typical. The books of "quantum psychologist" Robert Anton Wilson are a good example of this, in which his Dialectical-Algorithmic form is laden with multi-perspective, holographic content [5].

Psychological Sphere

Holographical cognition corresponds to a stable, self-possessed psyche resistant to conditioning. In comparing the conditionability of an LSIpsyche to its Involutionary Mirror SLE, observation shows that the degree of psychological resistance is much higher in the latter. How is this explained? By the durable cognitive infrastructure on which it is built. Complete panorama, which allows periodic change of perspective on the subject. Good balance between the immune and nervous systems, as well as the primary sense organs.

In neuro-linguistic programming, this principle is used in a technique called 'reframing'. Reframing changes the perceptual framework contextualizing an event. If we mentally place a familiar object into an unfamiliar context, then significance of the whole situation changes. For example, imagine a tiger first in a jungle, then in a zoo cage, then on the balcony of your apartment. The standard Socionics type is depicted as immersed in its 'club'. But what if you shift it to quadra? What if it turns out to be among types with opposite cognitive styles? The chain can continue indefinitely.

With reframing it is possible to see the familiar with fresh eyes. The type of the psyche in one who resorts to this technique remains constant of course, only their subjective relation to the object of attention is changed. The benefit of this method is primarily in the fact that new perspectives emphasize aspects of a situation that may have been previously underestimated, allowing the possibility of discovering new avenues of growth, and expanding one's existing range of choices.

Scientific Sphere

A real-life physical model of this multi-perspective intellect is the hologram—a superimposition of multiple images where each one can only be seen when looking at a certain angle. Change of perspective occurs intermittently and does not alter the system itself, only its priorities. In this way, multiple standards can be implemented, making it possible to work with a complex system as if it were a simple sequence.

Another real-life prototype of Holographical cognition are fractal objects, discovered by mathematician Benoit Mandelbrot in the 1970s. Geometrically, fractals are figures with diffuse outlines, possessing self-similar internal structures. For example, trees, snowflakes, coastlines, etc. They are characterized by multiple internal forms similar in principle to nesting-dolls. Like a hologram, any fragment of a fractal contains complete information about the entire fractal. The part is always structurally similar to the whole.

Socionics types are also like fractal objects. Hence my holographic concept of personality as a nested system of types, one inside another [4]. Which opposes the prevailing flat view of Socionics advocated by people with reductionist thinking.

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

A real-life physical model of this multi-perspective intellect is the hologram—a superimposition of multiple images where each one can only be seen when looking at a certain angle. Change of perspective occurs intermittently and does not alter the system itself, only its priorities. In this way, multiple standards can be implemented, making it possible to work with a complex system as if it were a simple sequence.

My SLE tutor in control engineering tells us to inspect mathematical problems through different lenses* in order to find a solution. Each lense has a restricted but very specific viewpoint and therefore reveals a limited amount of information. But if you compose all results you understand the key characteristics and the (LTI)-System as a whole which enables possible solution paths.

*time domain, frequency domain...

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

How this cog style would fit with electronics? I think I have seen LII's how can be marvelous manipulators of circuit board, creatively so.

I have no idea what this stuff actually is. Multi perspective? To me it seems like they break all the rules of the game. At the same time they can be totally clueless of inner workings of different paths. So they do not think about those angles at all? Like A->(B->D,C->S,D->E). If there is a whole picture then 360 deg /n, where n is total number angles, approaches 0 as n goes towards infinity. Therefore it is all fused together and a singular view.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I imagine it like this:

I didn't listen to what he's talking about. I only care about the model.

Cubism: Multiple Viewpoints, Fractured Perspectives

Many Cubist paintings depict objects from multiple viewpoints. This is true of George Braque’s Still Life with Fan (1910), in which the form of a bottle is represented by a composite image from multiple viewpoints. The vertical form is surmounted by an ellipse, a traditional Western device for depicting a cylindrical object. With regards to verisimilitude, however, the ellipse would only be visible at the cylindrical base, rather than at the rounded top. Furthermore, the far edge of the ellipse is flattened into a horizontal line, suggesting that the bottle is actually viewed at eye-level, calling for a two-dimensional image. These multiple viewpoints conflict with each other, but they nevertheless give a sense of the contour and volume of the object without resorting to illusionistic conventions. This principle is even more clearly discernible in Juan Gris’ Three Cards (1913), in which several views of a guitar are emphasised by their different colouring.

from here: https://arthistory.knoji.com/cubismf...-perspectives/

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This makes me wonder whether artists of caricatures have holographic cognition. Their art seems simple at first but it contains a whole lot of information on how the person in the caricature presents herself/ is perceived.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

How does inductive logic fit with Ti?

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    How does inductive logic fit with Ti?
    Ti tends to generalize principles, so the arguments made through Ti tend to be generalized. Therefore, the validity of arguments made through Ti tend to be based on likelihood, which makes such arguments inductive.

As an example, the practice of Socionics heavily relies of inductive reasoning because Socionists have developed generalizations about their observations. So did Jung. So, Socionics heavily caters to a Ti crowd.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes!!!!!! @Cosmic Teapot .

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    How this cog style would fit with electronics? I think I have seen LII's how can be marvelous manipulators of circuit board, creatively so.

I have no idea what this stuff actually is. Multi perspective? To me it seems like they break all the rules of the game. At the same time they can be totally clueless of inner workings of different paths. So they do not think about those angles at all? Like A->(B->D,C->S,D->E). If there is a whole picture then 360 deg /n, where n is total number angles, approaches 0 as n goes towards infinity. Therefore it is all fused together and a singular view.
    Yes, this exactly.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by A Moderator View Post
    Ti tends to generalize principles, so the arguments made through Ti tend to be generalized.
    Yes, I agree with you.

Therefore, the validity of arguments made through Ti tend to be based on likelihood, which makes such arguments inductive.
    The likelihood defines the limits of a principle for me.
    Through I'm aware that a principle can depend on a lot of different and independent parameters.

As an example, the practice of Socionics heavily relies of inductive reasoning because Socionists have developed generalizations about their observations. So did Jung. So, Socionics heavily caters to a Ti crowd.
    I agree that Socionics is based on logic.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This is holographic-panoramic cognition in action:
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WinnieW View Post
    Yes, I agree with you.

The likelihood defines the limits of a principle for me.
    Through I'm aware that a principle can depend on a lot of different and independent parameters.

I agree that Socionics is based on logic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heretic 007 View Post
    This is holographic-panoramic cognition in action:
    I find that HP types tend to have what I call "conditional" thinking. They perceive how an object or person behaves under specific circumstances to gain a holistic understanding of that object or person is.

Two HP types talking about how things unfold under different circumstances (SLE and LII):

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Closer View Post
    I find that HP types tend to have what I call "conditional" thinking. They perceive how an object or person behaves under specific circumstances to gain a holistic understanding of that object or person is.
    - Static types are critical to assign unchangeable attributes to objects/subjects. When unchangeable attributes are hinted, they examine its conditions and context to figure out whether it is truly unchangeable or just an illusion occurred due to conditions and context. HP types try to grasp the essence of objects/subjects that are independent from conditions and context or that remains unchangeable under different conditions and context. The attributes of objects/subjects may not point toward to the essence of it directly depending on conditions and context. Hence, conditions and context are mentioned to underline that the attributes of essence aren't referenced or catched on that sentence.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by myresearch View Post
    - Static types are critical to assign unchangeable attributes to objects/subjects. When unchangeable attributes are hinted, they examine its conditions and context to figure out whether it is truly unchangeable or just an illusion occurred due to conditions and context. HP types try to grasp the essence of objects/subjects that are independent from conditions and context or that remains unchangeable under different conditions and context. The attributes of objects/subjects may not point toward to the essence of it directly depending on conditions and context. Hence, conditions and context are mentioned to underline that the attributes of essence aren't referenced or catched on that sentence.
    Yes! Exactly.

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

N-types tend to have a relativistic or associative perspective on data while F-types rationalize relativistically or associatively; this perspective can be broadly considered holistic or top-down in nature but this doesn't translate to something as exotic as holograms or X-rays. All information and the way it's processed are comprised of absolute and relative components, and the perspective that one has does not magically transform the actual data.......

a.k.a. I/O

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    N-types tend to have a relativistic or associative perspective on data while F-types rationalize relativistically or associatively; this perspective can be broadly considered holistic or top-down in nature but this doesn't translate to something as exotic as holograms or X-rays. All information and the way it's processed are comprised of absolute and relative components, and the perspective that one has does not magically transform the actual data.......

a.k.a. I/O
    So you don't think that there is any difference between Ne usage of LII and EII or EII and LII? According to my observations, EII gives too much details or get into specifics much more than LII, IEE and LII and IEE use more generalized sentences to not deviate from the essence. There are four supervision rings and information orients to different path of IEs, do you think this has no effect on manifestations and process of information elements?

TIM
    ILe-nE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Averroes View Post

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by myresearch View Post
    So you don't think that there is any difference between Ne usage of LII and EII or EII and LII? According to my observations, EII gives too much details or get into specifics much more than LII, IEE and LII and IEE use more generalized sentences to not deviate from the essence. There are four supervision rings and information orients to different path of IEs, do you think this has no effect on manifestations and process of information elements?
    LIIs and ILEs tend to put limits on much information (a sort of truncation) for rationalization purposes whereas EIIs and IEEs often make no attempt to alter input; the former are keen on finding absolute answers where latter are often OK with ambiguity. Their differences in rationalization produce very different outcomes and their process priority differences also cause significant distinctions. Higher intelligences (faster, more efficient CPUs) will facilitate any type to be able to handle more information and thus to visualize more complete pictures - but I wouldn't describe this additional processing power as anything more than faster computers, which could arrive more quickly with the same faulty perceptions or rationalizations.

Supervision rings are defined via faulty models, which tend to lead people away from scientifically-determined information processing structures....

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    LII 5w6-1w9-2w1
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isn't Jung's Psychological Type an example of holographic-panoramic cognition? I didn't noticed it in the past until recently I am discussing the type of Jung with someone.

An excellent example could be Gulenko's text IMO. I actually find that Jung's Psychological Type is similar: he exams typologies in numerous contexts and aspects before chapter X.

Gulenko's writing is a great example. The intellectual/social/physical/psychology (among other things) lenses he uses to describe things is quite holographic-panaromic, as I understand it. He often takes a concept (like communicative distance) and then applies it to something to glean new information.

I don't think Jung is an example of HP. There are many disparate views on his type, but personally I think he's LSI (and I've seen this from a couple of people in Gulenko's classes; not sure if that reflects the opinion of Gulenko himself). Jung tends to provide a lot of illustrative examples, but it's structured in a way that each new idea follows from the last, and it strikes me as more of a determinist description (describing how one idea inevitably leads to next), with some DA concepts.

TIM
    LII 5w6-1w9-2w1
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerouslandsvape View Post
    I don't think Jung is an example of HP. There are many disparate views on his type, but personally I think he's LSI (and I've seen this from a couple of people in Gulenko's classes; not sure if that reflects the opinion of Gulenko himself). Jung tends to provide a lot of illustrative examples, but it's structured in a way that each new idea follows from the last, and it strikes me as more of a determinist description (describing how one idea inevitably leads to next), with some DA concepts.
    Chapter 1-9 of Psychology Types seems to be a holographic exam of typological issues in different aspects. Chapter 1 typology in ancient thoughts, chapter 2 Schiller's typology, chapter 3 Nietzsche's, chapter 4 typology in personality, chapter 5 typology in poems, chapter 6 typology in mental illness, chapter 7 typology in aesthetics, chapter 8 typology in modern philosophy, chapter 9 typology in biographys. And finally in chapter 10, his typology.

It seems like a larger version of Gulenko's article that views typology from various aspects and to inductively arrives at his own system.

Quote Originally Posted by CR400AF View Post
    It seems like a larger version of Gulenko's article that views typology from various aspects and to inductively arrives at his own system.

Can you expand on what makes it HP? I haven't read all of Psychological Types, but have read some of Jung's other writing. My impression of Jung is CD due to its positivism. Both CD and HP are static forms of thinking, and so the "fragmentary" style of examining various parts is congruent with both forms. What you've described is congruent with static thinking, which is comprised of both CD and HP.

Analysis, as defined by most sources, is the division of a whole into clearly delimited parts. Analytical work is meant to delineate boundaries.
    The key difference between CD and HP is positivism and negativism (and by extension, right/left).

At this level, the Positivism–Negativism dichotomy manifests as identification of similarities or differences in object comparison. In Negativists thought processes prevails contrast, in Positivists leads comparison. Meaning that Positivists more easily hold overall views of an object, without considering its internal divisions. Conversely, Negativists more easily distinguish its extreme points of separation and opposing contrasts.
    Gulenko's negativism is pretty clear-cut. He contrasts different spheres, does comparative type analyses, focuses on the different layers of socionics and isn't entirely concerned with the holistic ways in which they interact (like type-subtype), etc. Jung is prone to focusing on similarities. The very concepts of things like archetypes, the collective unconscious, integration, etc is positivism. Jung has a tendency to focus on similarities (archetypes, for instance, describe the positivist overall view of many disparate objects; the non-essential differences are ignored) and holistic ideas. He's still a static type, which means the fragmentary style of analysis is present, but it's an analysis of positivist comparison rather than negativist contrast.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm, I can maybe see this. I've thought similar things trying to understand my thought process, at least. I'll use this thread as an excuse to try getting my thoughts in order on this:

When I look at a problem, it's necessary to understand as much of the problem as possible, and ideally have an idea of the solution in mind. A "hologram" or picture would be a good description: my thinking works better the picture is filled in, as if the more pieces of information I have, the better I can manipulate each piece. Having an idea of what the solution is also helps quite a bit: if I can see what I need to get, how to get it falls into place much more easily.

For instance, when I was first studying ancient Greek, seeing a long, unfamiliar passage would often make me feel utterly and hopelessly lost. What helped me was focusing on each word's form: is this a verb? Noun? Participle? Learning to just recognize each word's function in a sentence made everything "click" so much more easily; the structure of the sentence would then unfold in my brain. I learnt that parsing, for instance, came easily to me, and I didn't have to consciously think about it so much, as long as I just kept myself aware of the general structure of the sentence in this way. It also drastically helped my understanding of the grammar of sentences; this was something else that began to just "click." I also learnt that just keeping in mind a general idea of what the author might be talking about helped me remember vocabulary and guess at meanings more easily as well. It's possible this would be good advice for anyone, but different strategies seem to work better for different kinds of people -- I had an ILE professor, for instance, who segmented sentences into small chunks to understand individually before piecing them back together (he tried to teach us this strategy; he also gave me some materials of his he'd marked when he was learning Greek himself, so I saw this myself); this never seemed to me so helpful as just trying to understand "everything all at once" and then relying on the sentence to just "click."

@BrightDemonSheep96 linked a video of a triple piston extender. That actually isn't very complex, but I played Minecraft a lot when I was younger and made stuff like that often. I'm not sure if redstone/electronics comes more easily to HP types, but it's something I was always pretty good at, fwtw.

I don't think I said as much as I would've liked. Maybe I'll try again later.
    Last edited by FreelancePoliceman; 06-17-2021 at 09:05 AM.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    @BrightDemonSheep96 linked a video of a triple piston extender. That actually isn't very complex, but I played Minecraft a lot when I was younger and made stuff like that often. I'm not sure if redstone/electronics comes more easily to HP types, but it's something I was always pretty good at, fwtw.
    My approach to electronics has always been about math, graphs, curves and stuff.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This might be more related to the preference of Ti over Te, but I've noticed that the way I approach most problems is to first try to understand it in detail. If it's about repairing a machine or mechanism, I first try to understand what every part of it does. After having the understanding how something should work, the solution seems to automatically fall into place. The "how to" is really more like an afterthought that pops up effortlessly once the "why" and "what is the purpose if this part" is clear.
    However, I don't really follow the strict sequence of operations of the process, I look at one random part and consider if there seems to be something wrong. If there isn't, I'll jump on to another and look at it, preferring to go through all of them with a cursory look instead of delving deeply into one of them and following a strict sequence like I've seen LSI often work. It really is a down to luck which approach works best. Sometimes my approach is faster because I don't get stuck on the first item and quickly find the obvious fault in another. However, if the fault is more insidious, delving deeply into one thing at a time can be more effective because in my case it will several iterations of going through each of them before I spot the fault that wasn't that obvious and required a deep examination. It's like I prefer to switch my focus from one part of the job to another more often to keep things more exciting.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BrightDemonSheep96 View Post
    My approach to electronics has always been about math, graphs, curves and stuff.
    I never cared much for math and try not to do more than necessary. I made some electronic circuits, and put together a basic AM radio, when I was a kid, and sometimes messed around with old electronic devices (disassembling, reassembling, and repairing for the most part), but that was about the extent of my experimentation. I didn't do anything that involved complex math. Bad Ti I suppose, lol.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    I never cared much for math and try not to do more than necessary. I made some electronic circuits, and put together a basic AM radio, when I was a kid, and sometimes messed around with old electronic devices (disassembling, reassembling, and repairing for the most part), but that was about the extent of my experimentation. I didn't do anything that involved complex math. Bad Ti I suppose, lol.
    Nope. That sort of thinking is very precious in engineering. There was a shortage electronics capable guys in uni. Semand to build and fix in a lab. Uni electronics was pretty much eh... we found a circuit: analyze it precisely . No wonder people couldn't do it.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type