Thread: Giving up at an early age because of no motivation(IEI-INFp))

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Giving up at an early age because of no motivation(IEI-INFp))

Will it lead to happiness? Will it lead to more growth? Will less pain occur? What are the consequences of giving up? Is giving up a shit thing to do? Am I even more of a hypocrite for preaching not to give up and then abruptly give up myself? Is 18 too late(I think so)? Are ideals something an individual needs to keep up? Do questions lead to something? Is there anything to speed up growth? Is patience an ability worth thinking about?

Giving up has so far been weird, I think 1 month ago I was like no, none of that, I'm being more realistic and enough is enough. So far not really any positive results of giving up. Oh dear.

I hope everyone succeeds btw y'all deserve better and should strive for better and improvement.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Happiness is something we should all strive to go towards. There is always a way remember that. I'm talking about day to day happiness, I think it's possible. World peace doesn't come through hate but it comes through love and appreciation of individuals.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm not sure exactly what situation you are describing since you don't give any details (not that you have to, it just makes it easier to solve problems when you give examples of what you mean), but I'll try and answer your questions one by one.

Quote Originally Posted by LeaderLightChange View Post
    Will it lead to happiness?
    Giving up on? On life? No.

Will it lead to more growth?
    No.

Will less pain occur?
    At first, yes. But in the long run, it will cause more pain.

What are the consequences of giving up?
    I know people who have no ambitions, often they end up living with their folks at 45+. Usually not because the system sucks, though that's a factor that de-incentivizes ambition, it's not the point because it is still totally possible to realize one's ambitions in today's society. The people I'm talking about have no goals, no horizons. I'm gonna let you imagine what these people will do once their parents are gone.

Is giving up a shit thing to do?
    No, not in a moral sense, but it will lead you into a shit situation.

Am I even more of a hypocrite for preaching not to give up and then abruptly give up myself?
    No, not at all, you can just be going through a rough patch right now.

Is 18 too late(I think so)?
    It's never too late to do anything. Unless you're dead. 18 is very young. You have your whole life ahead of you.

Are ideals something an individual needs to keep up?
    It's good to be realistic about what you can do, what you're good at, what your strengths and weaknesses are etc. I don't think it's good to cling to an ideal, as you'll waste alot of energy trying to maintain an internal state of mind, when what really matters is what happens outside of your self, in reality. If an ideal really appeals to you, I find there is no point in clinging to it anyways, as it appeals to something deep inside you, so it will always come back to you. Don't cling to an internal state, this is something I have trouble with as well.

Do questions lead to something?
    You have to find your own answers. Others can give you some pointers, but in the end you have to see what makes sense to you.

Is there anything to speed up growth? Is patience an ability worth thinking about?
    I prefer perseverence to patience. Patience seems kinda passive. Perseverence has an implication of working actively towards something, pateince can be waiting for money to rain from the sky for all I can tell.

I don't know what you mean by "speeding up growth". Growth of what?

Giving up has so far been weird, I think 1 month ago I was like no, none of that, I'm being more realistic and enough is enough. So far not really any positive results of giving up. Oh dear.
    It isn't clear to me what problem you're describing exactly as you don't get into the specifics of what your goals were and why you gave up on them etc.

Hope that helps. Btw, I can't spoonfeed you the answers, just explain from my perspective since I am older and that probably counts for something. It's up to you to make sense of it all.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheUltimateEmcee View Post
    I'm not sure exactly what situation you are describing since you don't give any details (not that you have to, it just makes it easier to solve problems when you give examples of what you mean), but I'll try and answer your questions one by one.

Giving up on? On life? No.

No.

At first, yes. But in the long run, it will cause more pain.

I know people who have no ambitions, often they end up living with their folks at 45+. Usually not because the system sucks, though that's a factor that de-incentivizes ambition, it's not the point because it is still totally possible to realize one's ambitions in today's society. The people I'm talking about have no goals, no horizons. I'm gonna let you imagine what these people will do once their parents are gone.

No, not in a moral sense, but it will lead you into a shit situation.

No, not at all, you can just be going through a rough patch right now.

It's never too late to do anything. Unless you're dead. 18 is very young. You have your whole life ahead of you.

It's good to be realistic about what you can do, what you're good at, what your strengths and weaknesses are etc. I don't think it's good to cling to an ideal, as you'll waste alot of energy trying to maintain an internal state of mind, when what really matters is what happens outside of your self, in reality. If an ideal really appeals to you, I find there is no point in clinging to it anyways, as it appeals to something deep inside you, so it will always come back to you. Don't cling to an internal state, this is something I have trouble with as well.

You have to find your own answers. Others can give you some pointers, but in the end you have to see what makes sense to you.

I prefer perseverence to patience. Patience seems kinda passive. Perseverence has an implication of working actively towards something, pateince can be waiting for money to rain from the sky for all I can tell.

I don't know what you mean by "speeding up growth". Growth of what?

It isn't clear to me what problem you're describing exactly as you don't get into the specifics of what your goals were and why you gave up on them etc.

Hope that helps. Btw, I can't spoonfeed you the answers, just explain from my perspective since I am older and that probably counts for something. It's up to you to make sense of it all.
    Thanks a lot I needed that perspective
    Maybe I should keep up my ambition your right with the examples thanks

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was going to say that giving up is worse than death, the thing is one can stop giving up. Death is more permanent, well if you're not a zombie at least!
    Even zombies are
    successfull at not being dead, if a zombie can stop giving up so can everyone else.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Depends on what you mean by giving up.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just take it step by step and think that setbacks are temporary.

Unless you have very serious health problems (which you need to take care of), life can always be redeemed.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks guys

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The best way to get motivated imo is to dedicate some time to look for things to want to have. Read some magazines/internet articles featuring cool gadgets, places to travel, or whatever kind of stuff that floats your boat and would require some effort to get.

TIM
    ILe-nE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For Fe types = Is not about oneself. But other.
    Iei

Banned
    TIM
    IEI-Fe0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have the motivation to give up on life and die tragically because it is my destiny lol

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You’ve got to be kidding me lulz @LeaderLightChange

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You can't give up! Let Miley Cyrus inspire you to victory. <3:

(Protip: I found it helps to focus on what you can control in life rather than what you can't. Get out of IEI victim mode =p)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t93u0qg5q_M

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

https://youtu.be/ketOaQ0pfhc

So..stop caring about dumb shit you can't affect anyway or don't feel strongly about. Don't stop caring about creating a better life (unless the life you have is enough)

TIM
    ILe-nE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can try superego mask
    Superego:
    Person in this mask tirelessly demonstrates his superiority on the relevant aspects. Superego mask is characterized with blocking individuality, duty to be perfect executive, imposed programs that do not meet the real personality, makes this person socially obliged to wear a mask. This mask is usually used for social survival, external success and further progress in the society. It blocks strong sociotype function and inhibits the development of abilities. This mask is recognized better than others.
    http://socionicsmbti.com/2016/03/29/...onics-context/

If there no back-up from fe type. I Use Esfp mask, it work!
    Esfp stereotype

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It sounds like you're suffering from depression and should seek an advice more professional than we can give you. Good luck.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LeaderLightChange View Post
    Will it lead to happiness? Will it lead to more growth? Will less pain occur? What are the consequences of giving up? Is giving up a shit thing to do? Am I even more of a hypocrite for preaching not to give up and then abruptly give up myself? Is 18 too late(I think so)? Are ideals something an individual needs to keep up? Do questions lead to something? Is there anything to speed up growth? Is patience an ability worth thinking about?
    I know an IEI 4w5 with 9w1 and mb 6 in her tritype and this describes pretty much her approach to life. I see she needs desperately some Se in her life to move up, to force her to think different or consider something more than her Ni, though, she's not going to seek a partner because for what for. I think its a pretty negativist/close minded and infertile way of living (no offense intended ofc, its just my opinion/perspective from observing it my whole life). Freya is probably right and its linked to depression. Imo, this IEI I'm talking about is not truly depressed, I think she's just emotionally conflicted (as usual in some e4) and has a truly neglected suggestive element (Se), to me, take life through this approach seems more a mechanism of defense to evade responsibility than a true solution.

I hope you'll feeling better soon.
    Last edited by Hope; 11-26-2018 at 05:19 PM.