Thread: Suze Orman

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Suze Orman

That's the only video I found and I've never seen her show... but she looks VERY similar to a manager I used to have. She HATED me. It was kinda funny. I think she hated me because I didn't respect her for her position. We got along when she worked in another department, but as soon as she became my "boss" things started getting a little tense. When she tried to resolve it with a few power plays, it totally blew up in her face (by way of my actions ).

Last edited by silke; 09-30-2014 at 09:36 AM. Reason: updated links
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESxJ

Also, she's probably at least slightly insane.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking ESTj
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESTj seriously is my best guess for her atm, and for my former manager as well

ESTjs and I have a lot of power struggles for some reason
    SEE

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"to love is to give." - hugo. (?)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like her. She is a little dogmatic but she seems to know what shes talking about. I find her captivating to watch because she is strong and vulnerable at the same time. Only nobody on her show challenges her blind spot :wink:

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

Creepy-aurora_faerie

The ESTj i know is a stoner but he still has power plays, just more relaxed ones. I kind of fuck with him on purpose, try to make it look like he has none by making a certain comment...he falls for it most times...either that or he'll partially fall for it by saying, "Yeah wutever man blahdeblah..mumble mumble..."

I wouldn't do it if he weren't constantly trying to be a know-it-all...>_>

Last week he said to me, "Kelly I'm glad you're in a good mood today." In my head I was like, "WTF IM ALWAYS IN A GOOD MOOD WHEN IM OUT, and when I'm around him I'm at least trying to fake it..." But I actually said, "I'm almost always in a good mood >_>...." I forget his response but it made me feel all weird for the rest of the hanging out.

Creepy-aurora_faerie

oh and about the lady....>:/

I guess ummm...ESxj....kind of confusing. I know I wouldn't be able to stand listening to her for more than 3 seconds though...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the way she acts on TV is not how ESTjs or ESFjs act... my hunch is that she's an ESTj none the less... one that's been trained to make money by acting like that

but who knows
    SEE

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

estj without question. my mother loves her; my mother is estj.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think ESTjs get a bad rep here... they're my dual and I absolutely adore them. They always make me feel bright and happy inside. I don't know how to explain it, exactly. I enjoy their Power Plays...I really like it when they take charge. I think it's hot.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SLeo123083
    I think ESTjs get a bad rep here...
    I agree. I have had issues with a couple that I've known well, but I have had a lot of fun with them too. I enjoy their sense of humor. (not my ex boss though )
    SEE

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some of what she said was very true. Although I'm against monthly donation, I can see how that makes people closer to each other in the general sense. lol. I felt like agreeing with her on half the things but arguing about the rest of it. That's how it is with me and an ESTj, so I can see her as an ESTj.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SLeo123083
    I think ESTjs get a bad rep here... they're my dual and I absolutely adore them. They always make me feel bright and happy inside. I don't know how to explain it, exactly. I enjoy their Power Plays...I really like it when they take charge. I think it's hot.
    i happen to like estj's they are very realistic unlike me at times.

ILE

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESTj

She's got some good points, IMO. I think the kind of giving she's talking about may be considered by some to be self-righteous, but I personally believe that there really is something to be said for it in terms of how it affects one's peace of mind and sense of self-worth.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESTj was not my first choice for her. She is scary to me.

"some of you may think that [not standing a while when your name is called] is humility. that's not humility, thats HUMILIATING". Don't think this is an Si person.

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In 8th grade, I had an Algebra teacher who was just like Susie Orman and made kids literally cry in class. What an awful woman. I used to get nauseous just walking into her class. True story. Fascinating, huh?
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

was just watching a show. She said "SAY YOUR NAME. GO TO THE MICROPHONE" WEAKLING (added for effect) lol.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I kinda get along with women like that, but I don't know if that means we have complimentary personalities or just that I know a lot of women like Suze Orman in my life.

Anyway I can see how she can be considered annoying, but she reminds me of Weight Watcher bitches kinda.

I had an Algebra teacher who was just like Susie Orman and made kids literally cry in class.
    Sounds horrible, but why are some people just flat-out intimidated by powerful (or 'assertive' if you prefer that term) women? Not that Suze is powerful, just throwing that question out there. And Suze doesn't make me cry. She makes me laugh. You gotta admit it's kind of funny when she goes all menopausal on people.

Being good with money is something a lot of people need to learn, so I agree with most of what she says. Damn 20-somethings thinking it's cool and 'grown-up' to own a credit card and then they just fuck everything up. Be a good hippie and let college and your parents take care of you until you're 35 like normal people.

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Sounds horrible, but why are some people just flat-out intimidated by powerful (or 'assertive' if you prefer that term) women? Not that Suze is powerful, just throwing that question out there. And Suze doesn't make me cry. She makes me laugh. You gotta admit it's kind of funny when she goes all menopausal on people.
    Well there was nothing wrong with her being a strong woman. What made me and pretty much everyone else in the class despise her is that she was literally a sadistic bitch. She had a tendency to put you on the spot and single you out in front of the class so that everyone knew how incompetent you were for not having your homework finished or if you had to ask if the answer was in point-slope form or something. I had a male drama teacher who was exactly the same way and pretty much made everyone miserable except that he was pretty good at directing which kind of sort of made up for it.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For a while I was pretty sure that she was ESTj, but after looking at some pictures and think she may be ENTj.

She has that wide-open absent look in her eyes as opposed to ESTjs who tend to have softer eyes.

3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh shit, she kind of reminds me of my IEE/ESE friend the stuff she talks about.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty convinced at this point that she's LSE.
    SEE

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

funny this thread came up again...i was just watching her last night. she was giving callers permission to buy things based on their savings, retirement, and debt. funny.

i kinda thought Te leading. if she's LSE she is sure using some Se outta her 8th.

ILE

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Suze Orman

Susan "Suze" Lynn Orman (born June 5, 1951) is an American financial advisor, author, motivational speaker, and television host.[2]
    She is the host of The Suze Orman Show on CNBC. She has written seven consecutive New York Times Best Sellers; has written, co-produced, and hosted six PBS specials based on her books; and is the most successful fundraiser in the history of public television.[3] Similar programs that she hosts on QVC, the leading home shopping network, also place her as the top seller.[4]

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LIE

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hah I have her book about being broke and fabulous or whatever sitting on some shelf and keep not reading it... but i do mean to eventually.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes def Te leading, seems more LIE than LSE. quick and snappy.

ILE

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fe-ESFj as fuck.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My snap opinion was LIE. But I could see ESxx.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know... for one she seems to like being very motivational and saying stuff like "here's what I want you to do" and seems to like clearing through everything and telling people what they should do. I'm not sure this is a role LIEs typically play, but I don't know. I would think LIEs would be more interested in pondering over bodies of knowledge for their own sake or something rather than just being a motivational person telling everyone else what they should do (even if her advice is good, which I think it might be). Okay well actually I could see LIEs being all gung ho in some chosen career and even passionate about it to extent of encouraging others about their life strategies...

Although I get EJ-ish vibes from her as well... I'm off-handedly wondering about a type like LSI (this is not at all some kind of strong feeling)... I'm just kind of eeking away from LIE for some reason.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    hah I have her book about being broke and fabulous or whatever sitting on some shelf and keep not reading it... but i do mean to eventually.
    sigh...story of my life...
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    Robot
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSE, similiar to Judge Judy (LSE) in actions/tv role. Also similiar to my ex-bitch of a boss LSE!
    /

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

LxE. I seriously love her.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Initial Impression: LSE
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    Fe-ESFj as fuck.
    Yeah, I have considered that too.

When I think of Te dominant types, I think of the following guys:

Tim Ferriss - Author of "The 4-Hour Workweek" (Te-ESTj)

Ramit Sethi - Author of "I Will Teach You to Be Rich" (Te-ENTj)

Quote Originally Posted by April View Post
    LxE. I seriously love her.
    I like her too. She is very entertaining and gives useful advice without been too serious.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of the three people in videos, ramit sethi is the only one that doesn't drive me completely insane.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel like Suze Orman is too conscious of the emotional output she gives, like she makes sure that she sounds stern or serious when she says something. Were she a Te ego I feel like she wouldn't pay so much attention to that aspect of reality. For instance, compare her to those two people Eunice linked: she seems much more emotionally aware and tries to project that air of "seriousness," whereas the those two in the above videos are really just stating their point of views without getting bogged down how they're expressed inflectionally.

On a more subjective note, I'm not sure what to make of her. I'm sure when she's not working she's very personable and likable, but when she's in "work mode" she sounds very condescending. During that entire first video she uses her "listen to me very closely" voice, but she just sounds angry at the audience. It's as if she's castigating the people listening to her even though they may not have done anything wrong. She has great advice and although I know nothing about finance I like her philosophy on the whole thing, but personality-wise she seems kinda walled.

What were you thinking for her Eunice?
    Last edited by Galen; 11-20-2010 at 12:13 PM.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm I don't know what those other guys types are, but Orman seems pretty serious and naturally composed / uninvolved in the emotive and playful Fe-ness. She does, what you would call, stress certain points and have somewhat of an emotional bias like every other person, not to mention she's a woman. Though I don't see anything particularly Fe dominant about her.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    Hmm I don't know what those other guys types are, but Orman seems pretty serious and naturally composed / uninvolved in the emotive and playful Fe-ness. She does, what you would call, stress certain points and have somewhat of an emotional bias like every other person, not to mention she's a woman. Though I don't see anything particularly Fe dominant about her.
    lol Orman seems pretty damn emotive to me. Being an Fe valuer doesn't stipulate being playful, but she's definitely conscious of how she portrays herself emotionally.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast