Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you do when you dislike someone?

TIM
    heartless
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I go over the situation to understand what is happening, what clashes in order to make things run smoothly afterward.
    If I realize the problem is someone is upset with me, I will let them deal with it as they wish and do nothing unless they make the first step about it.
    All this usually equates to is introspecting and not doing anything concrete.
    I fix my perception, nothing else.

Banned
    TIM
    IEE-Ne cp684 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I try not to care too much and take some distance, which can be very hard, but it helps to put things into perspective and process. In the long run it's the only sane thing to do.

The more time you spend hating, the less time you have to love. There is no point in carrying grudges and indulging in hate or going in circles until you can't see the world for what it is, being completely incapacitated by the feelings and the past.

dewusional entitwed snowfwake VewyScawwyNawcissist's Avatar
    TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Think about if im right about it. Gain Intel to get a clearer midea. I dont dislike for petty reasons (most would disagree but thats because im too smart to be understood) them debate with myself if torture or Just kill i dk which is justifiable. Then dontkill because everyone would want me thuroughly investigated first and i dont have a reliable way of doing it without getting caught or it would take too much of me to take out only one while there's many of them. I make them miserable however opportunity presents itself. Poor People cant sue u for theft or injury. A lot of times they would pretend to be stoic but take it out on the People they are supposed to care about. Inerrelated to why i hate them. Conservatives dont deserve to breathe. I indulge in inflammatory like that
    Regardless if i believe in it or not.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dislike the word dislike.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I don't like someone I usually avoid any and all interactions with them. And it depends on why I don't like them. For certain things I'll be secretly hoping they do something that makes me like them again. And for other, more serious things, I still have that hope for them to show some form of remorse.

I don't like not liking people. It's too stressful for me.

If I'm forced to be in groups and hang out with that person it's awkward and unbearable. And it's very hard for me to be difficult with them in a group. I'll end up treating them the same way as everyone else.
    Chronic "grass is always greener" syndrome

TIM
    EII-Ne-C
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First, Id keep an open mind, maybe I would change my mind but if i keep disliking them i would stop interacting with them if possible

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

LIIs tend to hold most people at some mental distance anyway so I usually require minimal effort to completely discount the irritating ones. I've had to work with and get work from very difficult people and I've had all kinds of abuse hurled at me. I've always been relatively unaffected by the bad behaviour of others; however, I will avoid them if possible.

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tend to try to give people the benefit of the doubt at first, then I wonder if I did anything. Then I have to tell myself, "why would it be you? maybe they are the ones that are wrong." I can't do the silent treatment, so I remove myself from them so I don't blow up and start an argument.
    Last edited by EUDAEMONIUM; 09-06-2021 at 08:29 PM. Reason: typo
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There was someone on here I had to put on ignore today because I can't not say something to them. I wish I could just ignore haters without needing a feature to do it for me...

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I keep to myself more and avoid them. I will try and be nice but if they try to push me, I become curt. Very curt. I had a manager I didn’t like and oh boy people saw a different MissDucki. I but hard boundaries and always tried to put space between me and him. It is very rare that I dislike people and I just tend to dislike them more if I have to interact with them. The dislike often goes away after a while and I feel neutral. It’s only when I am forced to interact with them I become sour. If I can’t, I will and can make it known but that is very very rare and I have to be really pushed to do that. I like to try and keep my treatment for people as pretty equal as I can.

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimonia View Post
    There was someone on here I had to put on ignore today because I can't not say something to them. I wish I could just ignore haters without needing a feature to do it for me...
    Blocking/ignoring is normal and healthy IMO. Especially online with so many views and personalities I think it’s rather healthy. It’s good to keep personal boundaries and to make sure you feel emotionally stable. Especially on a website that you enjoy.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Idk.
    More than it being about dislike, it's about mental health sometimes to let go of someone.
    Be it only mentaly or full on physical distance.

There's one person who I thought was so detestable that my brain stopped recording his existance. We were in the same class but I never "saw" him again.
    Much easier if I can have facts as to why they did wrong, more so than just an unease.
    I need to listen to such feelings more.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'd say nowadays it depends on whether I care strategically and whether I think they're going anywhere they can annoy me or cause problems for me

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12