Thread: Why does IEI/INFp get the tragic romantic stamp on it?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Why does IEI/INFp get the tragic romantic stamp on it?

Why IEI
    Why?
    Why does there have to be a tragic romance concept anyway? Why can't there always be an ideal romance?
    Last edited by Breather; 03-29-2019 at 09:32 AM.

Banned
    TIM
    IEI-Fe0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beta NFs are considered to be "dark" or at least darker than Alpha SF in terms of emotions. I feel like there's a connection because many fictional IEIs have been in these types of stories; Romantic tragedies such as Ophelia from Hamlet, Juliet Capulet, and Desdemona from Othello. IEI as a type tends to also be identified with people who are INFPs and enneagram 4s, and I'm sure you know the stereotypes among that type combo.

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not trying to be mean, but the outrageous personal ideals of some IEIs who get suckered into their wildest dreams coming true if only xyz ... They are incurable romantics who gullibly can get their emotions played based on what they want to believe even if there is no supporting reality behind the romance. It's easy to say whatever one wants if they are wooing an IEI but living that love out in truth and practical care IEIs actually need is another matter. My poor divorced & widowed mother has already fallen victim to many internet love scammers and losing huge money in the hopes of bigger money to come with true love the easy way for just believing. She won't listen to anyone even when all her closest confidants say it is another scam and it turns out to be. It is extremely frustrating because like small children they only do this pain to themselves. My conflicting LSE divorced father can't take any more of her drama and will not even take her calls. He can be rosy eyed idyllic too and have romantic ideals but an LSE will ultimately be practical and never believe a story just because it is what they want to hear. Or if circumstances seem too unrealistic to be together easy enough they simply abandon the prospect of the relationship rather than "trying to make something work for the sake of true love". I thought I was already too vulnerable in love being heartbroken and lonely compared to how much I want being SEI but at least the Si gives me some common sense. Sometimes EASE and PRACTICAL COMFORT exists for good reason to keep us from excessive pain strife and futility. Many IEIs also expect impossibly too much in their social relationships before they feel fulfilled enough to be happy.
    ~* astralsilky

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

Post types & fully individuated before 2012 ...

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vesstheastralsilky View Post
    I'm not trying to be mean, but the outrageous personal ideals of some IEIs who get suckered into their wildest dreams coming true if only xyz ... They are incurable romantics who gullibly can get their emotions played based on what they want to believe even if there is no supporting reality behind the romance. It's easy to say whatever one wants if they are wooing an IEI but living that love out in truth and practical care IEIs actually need is another matter. My poor divorced & widowed mother has already fallen victim to many internet love scammers and losing huge money in the hopes of bigger money to come with true love the easy way for just believing. She won't listen to anyone even when all her closest confidants say it is another scam and it turns out to be. It is extremely frustrating because like small children they only do this pain to themselves. My conflicting LSE divorced father can't take any more of her drama and will not even take her calls. He can be rosy eyed idyllic too and have romantic ideals but an LSE will ultimately be practical and never believe a story just because it is what they want to hear. Or if circumstances seem too unrealistic to be together easy enough they simply abandon the prospect of the relationship rather than "trying to make something work for the sake of true love". I thought I was already too vulnerable in love being heartbroken and lonely compared to how much I want being SEI but at least the Si gives me some common sense. Sometimes EASE and PRACTICAL COMFORT exists for good reason to keep us from excessive pain strife and futility. Many IEIs also expect impossibly too much in their social relationships before they feel fulfilled enough to be happy.
    That sounds about right.

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can also vouche that my IEI-Fe Mom loved her dual 2nd husband but also took him wayyy too much for granted, often wanting "more" and still complaining even after his death, blind to much of the good he did which she relied on. There is a harsh duality lesson there for all of us about practical limits and being realistic in our expectations of others, especially those we love the most. Most people are already doing the best they can as far as they know.
    ~* astralsilky

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

Post types & fully individuated before 2012 ...

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

many sins

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    many sins
    What do you mean?

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kara View Post
    What do you mean?
    he's repenting and seeks forgiveness from this thread

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kara View Post
    What do you mean?
    IEI have strong N and F, so they should lesser than average mistake in relations. when you notice or it seems the opposite - it mb intentional seeking of the problems as having victimish (Se valued) psyche they may neuroticly react on a guilty. also the seen mb partly explained by more open dramatisation (Fe).
    also P predisposes to more impulsive partners choice and hence to more of doubtful relations - but this factor is neutral, as those relations are surface and do not hurt them deeply, and this negative should be compensated by relatively good relations

lyrics

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because Beta NFs are batshit insane drama queens.

It's why we love them.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Viktor View Post
    go fuck yourself
    so how come you're not a SLE-D Vik?

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

IEIs are no more subject to tragedy than any other type. Most of them seem to carry rather idealized visions of where they should be in life and often initially have overly optimistic outlooks about getting there. Their perceptions of tragedy usually come from within, brought on by their own disappointments in life, whereas people around them may not view their situations as really as dire as they say it is. I often think of IEIs when I hear soliloquies in performances where the characters are wishing that life were less cruel to them - meaning they didn't get what they desired. They seem to need realistic friends who can point out the lights at the ends of the tunnels.

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Because they believe in imaginary , roads and signs

Example

“Close your eyes and imagine the best version of you possible. That’s who you really are, let go of any part of you that doesn’t believe it.”
    photo courtesy: czuko williams
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ESFp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel attacked but these are all accurate.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Read your original post. You should be able to make the connection.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    INTp 5
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because all the EIEs have already killed themselves.
    ----- FarDraft, 2020

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The thing about romance in and of itself is that inherent in the beginning is also the inevitable ending. Romance always has an element of the fleeting inside it. A Ni Fe type senses this meandering path of the river ahead and always holds the picture of it in their minds eye. In this way, there is the tragedy of the ending. Of which they are all to aware. So there is a constant needing to be pulled back from the brink of a goodbye.

Romance is powerful and encompasses your spirit and soul. And so who wouldn't be afraid to loose something so deeply moving. Yet life itself is the arbiter and life demands its pay.

Maybe unfinished business in your life seeks to make you get a job that takes you away from the romance, or some other responsibility. This is the progression of the socion and beta turns to gamma. The calling to fulfil something prevents the romance from continuing forever. IEI saw it all coming from the very start. This inner precariousness tips of the aggression of someone certain, or naive enough, to make you, MAKE YOU, believe in its beauty and total crazy next level reality that comes once, or twice in a life time. And it will last....for a time.

All sociotypes learn their individualized lessons as they age. If not, then that in and of itself is also a tragedy. The best romance is always that you had in your youth. Because its so passionate and new. Youth might extend long into adulthood if you had never exp this passion before. So it would be better to say your best romance is always your first. First romances are destined to cease, like the burning flame eventually goes out. There is a reason Romeo and Juliet ill-fated romance still hard hits 450 years later..
    Last edited by timber; 06-15-2019 at 02:08 PM.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

because life is tragically romantic and romantically tragic, it's also very good - much more so than you'd think at first, human beings are adaptable - we can find meaning in almost anything if we just give it time