Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Results 241 to 274 of 274

Thread: Feather's typing thread (Near-anniversary edition)

  1. #241
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    6,869
    Mentioned
    795 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalinoche the Child View Post
    i first came across the phrase '' to keep your disposition shiny keep your expectations tiny'' in a post of yours. aren't expectations and beliefs the same thing?
    I think of “innocence” as being a lack of experience. As you accumulate experiences, you begin to have expectations for the way things will turn out. Depending on what kind of experiences you have had, you might begin to expect either bad or good.

    I think that “beliefs” are separate from expectations. You might have experienced a lot of bad, but still remain hopeful because you believe that people are intrinsically good.


    *EDIT*
    Oh, and that phrase was just something I made up to entertain an IEE-Ne, who was complaining that everything she did was stymied by idiots.
    I actually have very high expectations for myself, although I don’t always meet them.

  2. #242
    Haikus bouncingoffclouds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Psychedelic Dream Castle in Outer Space
    TIM
    E4Melancholic/NFprob
    Posts
    1,158
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think IEI-Fe is quite plausible for Babs, but I can't say for sure. Babs and I share quite a bit in common, but recently when speaking with him I noted something he said in which it seemed like he placed higher value in Fe than myself. I've considered EIE, but for some reason I really don't think so. I don't think so through VI for sure compared to other EIE I have known.

  3. #243
    groovy punk mrrrmaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    U.K.
    TIM
    EIE 3w4 Sx/So
    Posts
    279
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    ^ yes what strikes me about baboooshka is how similar he is to a younger me.

    I always feel old talking to you because of the amount of times I'm like "ah when I was your age..." (especially when the age gap between us is quite small) but it is genuinely due to the fact that you are near identical to 18 year old me.

    Holding a gun to my head, I'm inclined to agree with IEI-Fe, probably C sub which is giving you the slightly extroverted or Ne vibe. If so, a dual relationship for you would be an SLE woman, which sounds hot as fuck haha. It's not the most accurate way of typing, but if I feel intense identification with you and @bouncingoffclouds notices differences, beta might be your home (though this ofc relies on myself and BoC being correctly typed and since we both have 875239 page long typing threads and have bounced around all the NF types as much as you, it's maybe not ideal to use us as solid reference points). Such is the NF curse, it seems


    EDIT: oh just realised all three of us are also image-focused enneagram types as well as NF. The masking and identity performance is going to be high in all of us too, probably also leading to our real selves being quite elusive. And all Sp-last so absolutely no groundedness - wahooooo
    "I take back like half of the exclamation points.....they make me look....eager to please. Which I AM....but I don't want anyone to KNOW that"
    - Carrie Fisher

  4. #244
    aka Feathers, Penny Dreadful Baboooshka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Behind your tonsils
    TIM
    IEI-Fe 4w3 so/sx(?)
    Posts
    933
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    This thread makes me laugh because everyone posts exactly what's going through my head.
    "I'm IEI"
    "No"
    "Ok"
    "IEE"
    "Ok"
    "Nå I don't think så"
    "Time is my horse that stays always my own,
    A helmet’s mask-visor – the grate on a hole,
    The walls are my armor that’s made of the stone,
    My permanent shield is the door’s iron fold.

    Time! I desire to speed your hooves’ rattle!
    My stony armor is heavy to rise on!
    Death, when we’ve come, will help me by the saddle;
    I will dismount and rise up my visor."
    Mikhail Lermontov



  5. #245
    ooo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    the bootie
    Posts
    3,627
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    it looks like a case of extroversion vs introversion at this point, so maybe focus your attention around this?

    I haven't changed my mind about your type, from the moment I've seen you interact and then saw your video I came to think of a Ne lead, an extrovert, I think it's very obvious in how you present yourself in the video, you seem extremely comfortable and engaging, funny, talkative! which is something an introvert wouldn't be so at ease with..

    your last comments abt the interactions with strangers on a train are further confirming this, sure it can happen that introverts can have moments of overture in the social world with total strangers, I met strangers on trains too and in some cases it was delightful (this old woman started talking to me, complimenting my hair, and we spent 3 hours talking and in the end she gifted a book to me), yet it was even stressful and in more points of the travel I had to take breaks to the coffee wagon, the toilet, the cig pause.. etc.

    I remember how easily you asked me to hang aroun in case you'll be in Milan one day (<3) and that too is something I think most introverts would struggle with, or at least, I do, in case I'm not 150% involved with someone...

    btw, in case IEE is off, maybe another type would suit you? lol, don't want to bring more uncertainty on the stake but sometimes it takes a while to fully pinpoint typology things and you're in a self-discovery, experience-seeking stage of your life that could reveal much about yourself, so stay open to life Baboooshky and suck all the juice out of it. have an amazing year!

  6. #246
    aka Feathers, Penny Dreadful Baboooshka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Behind your tonsils
    TIM
    IEI-Fe 4w3 so/sx(?)
    Posts
    933
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think if quacks like an IEE/Ne-lead then it most probably is an IEE/Ne-lead. I'm sold. I need to end this before I change my mind again, because I'll go back to university for the exams and once the semester starts again I'll have no time for myself (which is bad) or socionical masturbation (which is good).

    and thanks @ooo, I never thought I'd see you again
    since i have family in Milan, i know for sure that i will go visit them one day, but not sure when. I'll let you know. We can take pictures of marble tiddies in the museums.
    "Time is my horse that stays always my own,
    A helmet’s mask-visor – the grate on a hole,
    The walls are my armor that’s made of the stone,
    My permanent shield is the door’s iron fold.

    Time! I desire to speed your hooves’ rattle!
    My stony armor is heavy to rise on!
    Death, when we’ve come, will help me by the saddle;
    I will dismount and rise up my visor."
    Mikhail Lermontov



  7. #247
    Alonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    TIM
    LIE (C) 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    766
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Not my benefactor!

  8. #248
    aka Feathers, Penny Dreadful Baboooshka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Behind your tonsils
    TIM
    IEI-Fe 4w3 so/sx(?)
    Posts
    933
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Being used as a ping-pong ball is only fun when I'm doing it to myself, in my head, not when others are doing it as well
    "Time is my horse that stays always my own,
    A helmet’s mask-visor – the grate on a hole,
    The walls are my armor that’s made of the stone,
    My permanent shield is the door’s iron fold.

    Time! I desire to speed your hooves’ rattle!
    My stony armor is heavy to rise on!
    Death, when we’ve come, will help me by the saddle;
    I will dismount and rise up my visor."
    Mikhail Lermontov



  9. #249
    Haikus bouncingoffclouds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Psychedelic Dream Castle in Outer Space
    TIM
    E4Melancholic/NFprob
    Posts
    1,158
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @mrrrmaid I should have marked your post as constructive because it was quite so. Thank you

  10. #250
    stare into me flames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    As seen on T.V.
    TIM
    E I E I OOOOO Sx/So
    Posts
    2,120
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baboooshka View Post
    Being used as a ping-pong ball is only fun when I'm doing it to myself, in my head, not when others are doing it as well
    I can’t see an IEI who is Ni ignoring fancying Ne whimsy so much...

    IEE-Ne final type!!!! maritsa locked n loaded >:}
    And I'm what you desire, like a siren in the night



    Quote Originally Posted by Starfall
    Everyone, pls give Bled some likes. He craves the likes much like Suedehead craves the cock.
    7w6 2w3 8w9 - The Free Spirit

  11. #251
    stare into me flames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    As seen on T.V.
    TIM
    E I E I OOOOO Sx/So
    Posts
    2,120
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baboooshka View Post
    This thread makes me laugh because everyone posts exactly what's going through my head.
    "I'm IEI"
    "No"
    "Ok"
    "IEE"
    "Ok"
    "Nå I don't think så"
    Ah yes, 4D Ne:

    Omnipotent powercord of universal thoughts.

    Everyone is plugged in.
    And I'm what you desire, like a siren in the night



    Quote Originally Posted by Starfall
    Everyone, pls give Bled some likes. He craves the likes much like Suedehead craves the cock.
    7w6 2w3 8w9 - The Free Spirit

  12. #252
    aka Feathers, Penny Dreadful Baboooshka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Behind your tonsils
    TIM
    IEI-Fe 4w3 so/sx(?)
    Posts
    933
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    All things come to an end. This thread is not an exception. Any further soul-searching will be done by me and myself alone, with the occasional aid of a few people, but the existence of this thread started to be a bit of a mockery to me and my stupidity. So, with this post, I am closing it. But in the end, I want to make a case. A case for why I /still/ think I might be IEI-Fe (with a potential Creative subtype in the DCNH system), despite the overwhelming first-impressions of IEE that I have gotten the past few days. I'm not stranger to the fact that I fall very often prey to a kind of chameleonism that turns my psyche into flexible mush. But I try, whenever possible, to discern the real from the masquerade, to separate the self from the role that I assume at times. How? By prodding around the things that feel natural and don't feel natural. This will be a LONG dissective post.

    I'll start with the easy, the apparent, the irrefutable: the Which is strong, and very very conscious, as many people agreed. But "conscious" is the key word here, as that is a quality attributed to Fe in the ego block. With me, there is a constant focus on the emotional aspect of interactions. Back when people typed me as EIE, two years ago, one of the arguments that I kept giving against Fe-ego, was that I wasn't expressive enough. I kept bringing myself down for not reacting the way I should in certain situations. But that in itself is a conscious focus. I feel when things should be one way or another, and the emotional energy radiated by people and places is something I pay attention to all the time. Take a trip with me, and you will constantly hear me sharing impressions of what I feel ("That man looks like he hates his job", "This is the saddest cafe I've ever been in" - this is something I actually said when I was with @mrrrmaid).

    On the other end of the feeling spectrum are the logical functions, which have been the source of many debates within me about whether I value Ti or Te more.
    I am a literature student. I don't regret making this decision. I've been attracted to the world of literature from a very young age, but that is a personal story involving Hans Christian Anderson that I won't get into now. I have no filter when I say that I chose this course out of passion and desire to intellectually masturbate about certain themes in literature (more specifically the erotic, transcendentalist Romanticism in the case of Blake, the way literature shapes us as children, magical realism and religion, love, the psyche, etc). But one of my frustrations when it comes to way we are assessed, are the essays. Building up arguments from scratch and working my way to the end of an essay is not difficult. What's difficult is the fact that I have to juggle four, five, seven or even TEN academic articles about what other people think when it comes to certain works of literature AND incorporate them into my essay.

    Another frustrating thing about the course is the department rule we've been taught during our first day here: "Every argument is true, as long as you can back it up". Some literary theories try to reinvent or reinterpret works that I already have my very own vision of. Just to give a few examples, I am not interested in what "Pride and Prejudice" would've been like in the Star Wars universe (yes, this is something that a student actually came up with during a seminar), nor do I want to get lost in a maze of potential theories about what the author could've meant in verse 37.

    I may have rushed my judgement on the course, as so far I haven't been assessed too much. But this is, in my experience, an interest that sparks my tiny, underused Ti HA while colliding with a difficulty in the realm of Te. I'd go into much more detail about it, but I can't really do so without falling into the trap of overexaggerating the "Oh no, woe little me is so out of touch with reality at times that I annoy other people" trope.
    Another thing to keep in mind that, with the IEI contact subtype, the HA is weaker than it would otherwise be for the inert/intuitive subtype.
    Two things that the feeling subtype has strenghtened are Se and Si. For Si, I did bring up the fact that I had VERY bad bouts of hypochondria when I posted this video. That is no longer the case. I am still concerned about my health sometimes, and do stuff that others would think of as "not okay". But it's a concern, not an obsession. I just want to not die, and if that makes me Si ego, so be it! My obsession with diseases at the time stemmed with the IBS which I was struggling with some time ago. I'm an aesthete, but I have very strict aesthetic tastes as well. You can find many posts where I cream over gray/darker aesthetics or lavish palaces and architecture on here.

    I'll talk about Se as well, but I will do so in parallel with another IE that I'm sure a lot of you have been waiting an explanation for: Ne. Yes, the IE which so many people see me oozing from every pore but, just about /what/ is so extraordinarily Ne about me? The wit? The whimsical delivery of my comments? I don't think so. How many actors and celebrities use wit and wordplay? Some of them even put on a personna centered all around it. And in this day and age, it's more or less universal to want to be a smart-ass. And can't all of this be attributed to an enhanced "playfulness" delivered by Fe in my case? I have also told many people, many times before, that I love playing the part of Jester in the tragical comedy of life. I will never stop because, while it is a mask, it is a mask that I feel comfortable wearing. Much like what we learn from Gombrowicz's "Ferdydurke", you can never truly be yourself around others. Only you will know yourself. You are an act in and out of yourself, and you should embrace that act.

    Now, Ne could be my willingness to explore new experiences, couldn't it? Naw, not so sure about it once again. Like @Alonzo specified in another post that he made, most of the "experiences" that I seek, end up being Se. They are generated by /myself/ with minimum prodding from others, and I can afford that because that's what the contact and DCNH Creative subtype is all about. I went to clubs two too many times in my life, and I think I'll go again, too, simply because if I have the right company, I can bring myself to bear the shitty music and feel "alive" for a few moments. My thirst for travelling is also something that can play into this.

    And the zaniness? Let me tell you, I'm amazed at how much zaniness @coeruleum and even @BandD (Ni subtype, enhanced Ne) are able to spill out sometimes, and it's much more than I could ever bring myself to dive into. If zaniness is the reason people typed me Ne lead, i'm surprised no one typed BandD Ne lead so far.

    And just what is so Ni about me? For the longest amount of time, I wasn't able to discern Ni as a function in itself from the other ones. It still is a bit blurry to me, but after a few conversations with people on here, and a comment made by @sbbds, it's less blurry. It's about impressions, the very impressions I mentioned when I spoke about above, but it also covers a certain rhythm of life, a rhythm independent of the circumstances.
    Last week, after arriving home, I realised that the luggage I took from the airport was identical to mine, and it even opened with MY key. Except it wasn't mine. I had an emotional breakdown, after 9 hours of travelling. Next day, I had to haul my ass to Birmingham (about 4 hours away) to swap the luggage. But besides the emotional breakdown that I had when I bitterly realised that the luggage wasn't mine, the day was okay. I even managed to meet someone lovely on the train. And without me being so shit at recognising small details on the suitcase and making such a huge mistake, I wouldn't have got on the train where I met that person.

    I'm not the one to rush to "Everything happens for a reason" conclusions, but that was something I pondered during my whole train ride.

    Since Ni is such an intimate IE, how can you tell it from the outside? Especially when it's in lead-position, as it is the very spine of that person's existence, and it can rarely be analysed in introspect or retrospect because it's an integral component of the person's life. I spend most of my time in a headspace independent of daily humdrum. Is it as intense as certain IEIs who are so-last or 4w5? No, it isn't, but I don't think this makes it any less valid for being in lead position.

    If I have anything more to add, I will edit this post. But this is, for now and a very long time, the conclusive post to my saga. Enjoy, @voider! I will close this thread at the end of the day.
    "Time is my horse that stays always my own,
    A helmet’s mask-visor – the grate on a hole,
    The walls are my armor that’s made of the stone,
    My permanent shield is the door’s iron fold.

    Time! I desire to speed your hooves’ rattle!
    My stony armor is heavy to rise on!
    Death, when we’ve come, will help me by the saddle;
    I will dismount and rise up my visor."
    Mikhail Lermontov



  13. #253
    Haikus bouncingoffclouds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Psychedelic Dream Castle in Outer Space
    TIM
    E4Melancholic/NFprob
    Posts
    1,158
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This was beautiful and relatable at some points, thank you.

    I notice that most the people who say IEE, or extratim after watching my videos too, are usually other intratims, and I sometimes wonder if it's people who are just more further down the intratim spectrum seeing someone more confident with speaking on cam as an extratim. This may be the case for you as well, especially if you are the Fe subtype of IEI. It's a bit confusing to me because I see people more confident with speaking on video who are intratims such as actors and celebrities and such all the time. Anyway, plenty of relatable stuff here and good luck on your quest. You and you alone will find the truth.

  14. #254
    ТРВЕ КВЛТ DarkAngelFireWizard666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Hell
    TIM
    N-IEI 459 sp/sx
    Posts
    1,374
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    tl;dr

  15. #255
    Alonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    TIM
    LIE (C) 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    766
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    EXCELLENT self-analysis. Well reasoned and supported. Eloquently stated and full of heart. Bravo, young sir.

  16. #256
    Inguz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    123
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bouncingoffclouds View Post
    This was beautiful and relatable at some points, thank you.

    I notice that most the people who say IEE, or extratim after watching my videos too, are usually other intratims, and I sometimes wonder if it's people who are just more further down the intratim spectrum seeing someone more confident with speaking on cam as an extratim. This may be the case for you as well, especially if you are the Fe subtype of IEI. It's a bit confusing to me because I see people more confident with speaking on video who are intratims such as actors and celebrities and such all the time. Anyway, plenty of relatable stuff here and good luck on your quest. You and you alone will find the truth.

    I can only speak for myself, but it was not the confidence in front of the camera that made me say Ne lead. I'd go into more detail, but it seems uncalled for.

  17. #257
    aka Feathers, Penny Dreadful Baboooshka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Behind your tonsils
    TIM
    IEI-Fe 4w3 so/sx(?)
    Posts
    933
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inguz View Post
    I can only speak for myself, but it was not the confidence in front of the camera that made me say Ne lead. I'd go into more detail, but it seems uncalled for.
    Oh, it's called for. My post was not an ultimatum, but a case for why I think I'm IEI. I'm not going to bend's people perception on me either way, so all input is still welcome. If anything, I think I'll keep this thread alive just for giggles and as a test of faith in myself. Voider already said she wasn't impressed LOL, soooo.

    But now I'm curious about what else made you see Ne lead. And, I'm actually surprised I didn't notice clouds' post in more detail but... confidence in front of the camera? No??? Where???
    The "bouncy eyes" that people kept seeing in the video is me being too awkward to look straight into the camera. I never liked it. I rarely if ever make eye contact in real life, too. Whenever I tell a story, my eyes almost never meet the other person. I just stare behind them, or into nothingness slightly angled to the left, etc. It's a bit rude and it's something I need to work on, yes.

    So if you feel willing to write more, do go on
    "Time is my horse that stays always my own,
    A helmet’s mask-visor – the grate on a hole,
    The walls are my armor that’s made of the stone,
    My permanent shield is the door’s iron fold.

    Time! I desire to speed your hooves’ rattle!
    My stony armor is heavy to rise on!
    Death, when we’ve come, will help me by the saddle;
    I will dismount and rise up my visor."
    Mikhail Lermontov



  18. #258
    Haikus bouncingoffclouds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Psychedelic Dream Castle in Outer Space
    TIM
    E4Melancholic/NFprob
    Posts
    1,158
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Understandable, I wasn't doubting Ne lead and I honestly haven't watched Babs videos in a while. I'm just doubting the validity of some claims that someone is an intratim or extratim based on their videos. There is really so much we can ascertain through videos anyway and I personally think they aren't the greatest way to type someone and that someone can come off unnatural/know their being watched/critiqued. Still, pairing it with body language and VI is still much stronger in typing than text questionnaires alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inguz View Post
    I can only speak for myself, but it was not the confidence in front of the camera that made me say Ne lead. I'd go into more detail, but it seems uncalled for.

  19. #259
    Haikus bouncingoffclouds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Psychedelic Dream Castle in Outer Space
    TIM
    E4Melancholic/NFprob
    Posts
    1,158
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Lol sometimes I see a description for IEE, one of the subtypes, where it says they stare directly at people/into their eyes intensely and I'm like what???? No. I don't know, sounds more EIE'ish to me anyway based on what I've known of EIE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baboooshka View Post
    Oh, it's called for. My post was not an ultimatum, but a case for why I think I'm IEI. I'm not going to bend's people perception on me either way, so all input is still welcome. If anything, I think I'll keep this thread alive just for giggles and as a test of faith in myself. Voider already said she wasn't impressed LOL, soooo.

    But now I'm curious about what else made you see Ne lead. And, I'm actually surprised I didn't notice clouds' post in more detail but... confidence in front of the camera? No??? Where???
    The "bouncy eyes" that people kept seeing in the video is me being too awkward to look straight into the camera. I never liked it. I rarely if ever make eye contact in real life, too. Whenever I tell a story, my eyes almost never meet the other person. I just stare behind them, or into nothingness slightly angled to the left, etc. It's a bit rude and it's something I need to work on, yes.

    So if you feel willing to write more, do go on

  20. #260
    Inguz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    123
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baboooshka View Post
    Oh, it's called for. My post was not an ultimatum, but a case for why I think I'm IEI. I'm not going to bend's people perception on me either way, so all input is still welcome. If anything, I think I'll keep this thread alive just for giggles and as a test of faith in myself. Voider already said she wasn't impressed LOL, soooo.

    But now I'm curious about what else made you see Ne lead. And, I'm actually surprised I didn't notice clouds' post in more detail but... confidence in front of the camera? No??? Where???
    The "bouncy eyes" that people kept seeing in the video is me being too awkward to look straight into the camera. I never liked it. I rarely if ever make eye contact in real life, too. Whenever I tell a story, my eyes almost never meet the other person. I just stare behind them, or into nothingness slightly angled to the left, etc. It's a bit rude and it's something I need to work on, yes.

    So if you feel willing to write more, do go on
    Your post doesn't really say much, in my opinion, about either typing. For example, you exemplify Ni with lacking attention to details. Both IEI and IEE have strong Ne, Fe, and Ni, so where do we draw the line?

    Anyway, the main thing that I think tipped me off for Ne lead was how you went on about irrelevant details for a whopping 4 minutes and 45 seconds before you actually started with the questionnaire. Relevant things, you wrote to me, but I disagree. Regardless, you are quite scattered and inconsistent in your behavior. First, you clearly state that this thread is clearly over and done with, just to want it to remain open hours later "for giggles and as a test of faith in myself."

    This scatteredness you had in your video is a clear indication to me that you are Ne lead, and you actually bothered to explain things in-depth that should be self-evident with a brief sentence, for example, you could have said "I will remove my glasses during the questionnaire for VI purposes", that's all that needs to be said IMO, but you thought differently. It's this constant chase after these scattered and related things that make me think Ne lead, not confidence in front of a camera or "bouncy eyes".

    I don't know the first thing about VI so I can't comment on that.

    Regardless of what you do, I won't pester you with it, you invited me to type you. But, I'll answer questions about my opinion of course.

  21. #261
    Haikus bouncingoffclouds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Psychedelic Dream Castle in Outer Space
    TIM
    E4Melancholic/NFprob
    Posts
    1,158
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I want to hug you @Baboooshka

    Also, I sometimes have the issue with potentially being Ne dom as well, for example, when an ILE asks me to a "pun-off" lol. There are, indeed, flavors though...still, I think you probably have to be certain of the core before addressing the flavors. Core comes first.

  22. #262
    Alonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    TIM
    LIE (C) 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    766
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baboooshka View Post
    Oh, it's called for. My post was not an ultimatum, but a case for why I think I'm IEI. I'm not going to bend's people perception on me either way, so all input is still welcome. If anything, I think I'll keep this thread alive just for giggles and as a test of faith in myself. Voider already said she wasn't impressed LOL, soooo.

    But now I'm curious about what else made you see Ne lead. And, I'm actually surprised I didn't notice clouds' post in more detail but... confidence in front of the camera? No??? Where???
    The "bouncy eyes" that people kept seeing in the video is me being too awkward to look straight into the camera. I never liked it. I rarely if ever make eye contact in real life, too. Whenever I tell a story, my eyes almost never meet the other person. I just stare behind them, or into nothingness slightly angled to the left, etc. It's a bit rude and it's something I need to work on, yes.
    That's not rude, MFers will simply have to deal or stay mad because drifting our eyes in such a manner is one of the ways by which we all access introverted perception (Si/Ni > weaves “impressions” into a cohesive narrative) and therefore strong Si/Ni valuers will do this more often--I, myself, do this all of the time. If I'm in the middle of telling a story (another way of saying piecing together "impressions"/data/visuals/metaphors/patterns that form a "road map" towards some "journey"), I might dip into Ni for brief periods by skewing my gaze slightly downward and off to the left or right as I recall all of the necessary information before refocusing on whomever I'm staring at, if I ever do. There are also times where we may be staring someone directly in the eyes but have "checked out" as we turn inwards towards our perceptions.

    But because my Ni and Se (as a *IE) share a closer dimensionality (unlike a I*I where its further removed), I often go back and forth between being “checked out”/internal landscape surfing and that Se hyper alertness that is thoroughly engaged with what’s going on around me, so as to properly absorb all of the information presented therein. It amazes me that Se leads inhabit that frame of mind all the time because too much of that stresses me TF out. When they look at you, it’s as if they are taking in every concrete data point about you, and when coming from SLEs, in particular I find, it’s as if you have “PREY” written atop your forehead. Lol The gaze is that focused and intense.

  23. #263
    groovy punk mrrrmaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    U.K.
    TIM
    EIE 3w4 Sx/So
    Posts
    279
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    ooooh I particularly like the bit about your zaniness being an Fe creative thing rather than an Ne lead thing. Yeah I think that sounds legit. I think a lot of the jokes in your video seem more Fe than Ne.

    And that cafe was fucking sad lol. No si and no fe. and zizzi's had no te: completely inefficient.

    I like the IEI-Fe typing and hope you find peace with it Also you used the Star Wars P&P example as evidence against Te but also that could be evidence for an aversion of Ne zaniness (or at least, zaniness for the sake of zaniness). I struggle with off-the wall stuff like that too - not because I struggle to understand it but just uuuugghhh why are we doing it
    "I take back like half of the exclamation points.....they make me look....eager to please. Which I AM....but I don't want anyone to KNOW that"
    - Carrie Fisher

  24. #264
    stare into me flames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    As seen on T.V.
    TIM
    E I E I OOOOO Sx/So
    Posts
    2,120
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo View Post
    That's not rude, MFers will simply have to deal or stay mad because drifting our eyes in such a manner is one of the ways by which we all access introverted perception (Si/Ni > weaves “impressions” into a cohesive narrative) and therefore strong Si/Ni valuers will do this more often--I, myself, do this all of the time. If I'm in the middle of telling a story (another way of saying piecing together "impressions"/data/visuals/metaphors/patterns that form a "road map" towards some "journey"), I might dip into Ni for brief periods by skewing my gaze slightly downward and off to the left or right as I recall all of the necessary information before refocusing on whomever I'm staring at, if I ever do. There are also times where we may be staring someone directly in the eyes but have "checked out" as we turn inwards towards our perceptions.

    But because my Ni and Se (as a *IE) share a closer dimensionality (unlike a I*I where its further removed), I often go back and forth between being “checked out”/internal landscape surfing and that Se hyper alertness that is thoroughly engaged with what’s going on around me, so as to properly absorb all of the information presented therein. It amazes me that Se leads inhabit that frame of mind all the time because too much of that stresses me TF out. When they look at you, it’s as if they are taking in every concrete data point about you, and when coming from SLEs, in particular I find, it’s as if you have “PREY” written atop your forehead. Lol The gaze is that focused and intense.
    I am dumbfounded by their ability to lock on to everything around them. Their eyes are especially intimidating when they’re angry, though. O_O

    I had some more thoughts for baboo, but I feel like my brain is too mushy right now to get them into order. It will probably be a couple days until I can function at an optimal level. I don’t think IEI is a terrible type for you, but I find it’s always IEEs confusing themselves as IEI rather than the other way around. I will come back to this when I’m no longer glued to my bed.
    And I'm what you desire, like a siren in the night



    Quote Originally Posted by Starfall
    Everyone, pls give Bled some likes. He craves the likes much like Suedehead craves the cock.
    7w6 2w3 8w9 - The Free Spirit

  25. #265
    stare into me flames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    As seen on T.V.
    TIM
    E I E I OOOOO Sx/So
    Posts
    2,120
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I can get behind the idea that Fe can be “zany” - I am 4D Fe & Ne so I’m a pretty goofy person and I point out goofy things no one else would have seen otherwise. But I don’t really see it escalating to that level for an IEI, ex. I don’t see it being similar to BanD at all. His form of humor is a lot more dry and sarcastic to me. Maybe you could wave this away by subtype differences, however. When I think of quintessential IEI my mind is always pointing to Aylen who also isn’t so “quirky” if you will. Her humor is actually more like a warm, reassuring pat on the back to whatever humorous thing you say rather than something of her own. I see that as Fe. I also fail to see you as Te PoLR whereas I could much more easily see you as Ti PoLR; you seem too active for Te PoLR.
    And I'm what you desire, like a siren in the night



    Quote Originally Posted by Starfall
    Everyone, pls give Bled some likes. He craves the likes much like Suedehead craves the cock.
    7w6 2w3 8w9 - The Free Spirit

  26. #266
    stare into me flames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    As seen on T.V.
    TIM
    E I E I OOOOO Sx/So
    Posts
    2,120
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think it’s much more likely for an Fe base to be “zany” but I don’t see you as EIE or ESE at all. Anyways, I have a question for you: do you relate to this song? If you’re a 4, I’m sure you’ve had some soul crushing, unhealthy moments... and to me this is a great example of unhealthy Ni:



    Esp. Ni + Ti
    And I'm what you desire, like a siren in the night



    Quote Originally Posted by Starfall
    Everyone, pls give Bled some likes. He craves the likes much like Suedehead craves the cock.
    7w6 2w3 8w9 - The Free Spirit

  27. #267
    aka Feathers, Penny Dreadful Baboooshka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Behind your tonsils
    TIM
    IEI-Fe 4w3 so/sx(?)
    Posts
    933
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Very fair points from both @flames and @Inguz on here.
    To Inguz: honestly, yes, I can't deny that there is an inconsistency in my approach to things, not just here, but also in life.

    To flames: I gave the song a listen and hmm, not quite my style but I like it. I like a lot of music, although when I sink into melancholy, I can hardly do anything. I just want to be with myself, no music, no nothing. Occasionally, I remember listening to some songs as catharsis, but not often. And my style is not as brutal as it is mystique when it comes to "unhealthy" moments.

    One song that I keep listening to and sinking into "*sigh*" moments" lately, is a pretty popish Russian song about unrequitted love. I like the imagery surrounding the song. It compares falling in love to being shipwrecked on an island (or being THE island in the middle of the ocean, not sure). The vocals at the end remind me of a siren's song, so it's fitting. And I won't go into much detail, but I discovered this group when I was trying to light up some romantic fires under me and an exchange student's feet here. It didn't go well and they had returned home; I will never see them again, anyway, but I think this song just reminds me of the whole situation I was in. It's bittersweet.
    Some of the translated lyrics:
    "Well, who knew
    That without drowning
    I would end up on this island
    On the shore, taking care of your hair in waves
    So beautifully covered by the turquoise blanket"
    ...
    "The sand is a mockery,
    It is whether gunpowder or sugar"
    ...
    "Well who knew, that without drowning
    I would end up on this island
    And not want to split the sea
    In the face of Death, I enjoy the taste of salt"
    ...
    The girl's part (the "island" or "ocean")
    "I am tired of repeating
    Silent screams by waves
    Which cover your fingers at night
    And reward you so beautifully
    With my aroma in the air
    Sleep and cry, beautiful stranger
    It will never be too late to drown"

    "Time is my horse that stays always my own,
    A helmet’s mask-visor – the grate on a hole,
    The walls are my armor that’s made of the stone,
    My permanent shield is the door’s iron fold.

    Time! I desire to speed your hooves’ rattle!
    My stony armor is heavy to rise on!
    Death, when we’ve come, will help me by the saddle;
    I will dismount and rise up my visor."
    Mikhail Lermontov



  28. #268
    Inguz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    123
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baboooshka View Post
    To Inguz: honestly, yes, I can't deny that there is an inconsistency in my approach to things, not just here, but also in life.
    Gulenko makes a point about how IEEs are inconsistent to the degree that it's consciously done so, and that only SLIs will not see it as an issue. Hyperbole most likely, but still, that's a strong voice for IEE on its own.

    Truth be told, you seem negatively affected by going back and forth in your mind and in your heart over this, so why not do what I did and take a break from socionics for a couple of years and come back when you're even older? Perhaps things will be clearer then. My first and most general advice would be to get a confidant which you trust as a person and trust their knowledge of socionics, but you bounce around on this forum to get your opinion, so I don't know if you have one.

    Anyway, whatever you do, I send my best wishes. Feel free to send PMs as well in case there's something you want to talk about.

  29. #269
    stare into me flames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    As seen on T.V.
    TIM
    E I E I OOOOO Sx/So
    Posts
    2,120
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Nothing is better than getting stoned and playing Skyrim at 7 am.

    Oh, wrong thread but too lazy to go to the right one, anyways I think you’re IEE
    And I'm what you desire, like a siren in the night



    Quote Originally Posted by Starfall
    Everyone, pls give Bled some likes. He craves the likes much like Suedehead craves the cock.
    7w6 2w3 8w9 - The Free Spirit

  30. #270
    aka Feathers, Penny Dreadful Baboooshka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Behind your tonsils
    TIM
    IEI-Fe 4w3 so/sx(?)
    Posts
    933
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo View Post
    That's not rude, MFers will simply have to deal or stay mad because drifting our eyes in such a manner is one of the ways by which we all access introverted perception (Si/Ni > weaves “impressions” into a cohesive narrative) and therefore strong Si/Ni valuers will do this more often--I, myself, do this all of the time. If I'm in the middle of telling a story (another way of saying piecing together "impressions"/data/visuals/metaphors/patterns that form a "road map" towards some "journey"), I might dip into Ni for brief periods by skewing my gaze slightly downward and off to the left or right as I recall all of the necessary information before refocusing on whomever I'm staring at, if I ever do. There are also times where we may be staring someone directly in the eyes but have "checked out" as we turn inwards towards our perceptions.

    But because my Ni and Se (as a *IE) share a closer dimensionality (unlike a I*I where its further removed), I often go back and forth between being “checked out”/internal landscape surfing and that Se hyper alertness that is thoroughly engaged with what’s going on around me, so as to properly absorb all of the information presented therein. It amazes me that Se leads inhabit that frame of mind all the time because too much of that stresses me TF out. When they look at you, it’s as if they are taking in every concrete data point about you, and when coming from SLEs, in particular I find, it’s as if you have “PREY” written atop your forehead. Lol The gaze is that focused and intense.
    It took me some time to get to this post!
    Sometimes I just smile and avoid the conversation's partner gaze altogether. I might take a peek at a few parts of their body, in particular, but not their eyes. Rarely their eyes. I'm only ever to meet the eyes of people that I feel a strong connection to, and so far, that only happened to be in romantic circumstances. But I feel like the reason why I retreat my gaze so much is because it's easier to focus on what I am trying to say without being sidetracked by emotions; Sometimes my thoughts feel either too pompous and incoherent or too simple, and they need extra effort to be brought forth into the world. The soul is willing, but the brain is a mess and the lips even more so.

    And yes, I sometimes just feel like blanking out completely-- My eyes lose focus and I become calm. The feeling is similar to falling asleep. If I, or someone else, drags on a monologue for too long, this is what usually happens.

    I like the point you've raised about Se bases seeing you as "PREY". I like that feeling, in a way, but I feel guilty because there's always a sensation that I need to reciprocate that intense focus and eye contact that they give you, and I'm NEVER able to do so. The moment I dare look at someone directly during conversation, and I see that they've been looking at me the whole time, I start feeling bad.
    "Time is my horse that stays always my own,
    A helmet’s mask-visor – the grate on a hole,
    The walls are my armor that’s made of the stone,
    My permanent shield is the door’s iron fold.

    Time! I desire to speed your hooves’ rattle!
    My stony armor is heavy to rise on!
    Death, when we’ve come, will help me by the saddle;
    I will dismount and rise up my visor."
    Mikhail Lermontov



  31. #271
    voider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    TIM
    SEE-Fi sx/sp
    Posts
    390
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baboooshka View Post
    I like the point you've raised about Se bases seeing you as "PREY". I like that feeling, in a way, but I feel guilty because there's always a sensation that I need to reciprocate that intense focus and eye contact that they give you, and I'm NEVER able to do so. The moment I dare look at someone directly during conversation, and I see that they've been looking at me the whole time, I start feeling bad.
    Hmm AS A SE BASE I've come here to say that, I at least, don't mind if eye contact isn't reciprocated, in fact I even find it kind of cute. Yes, prey, but predators like toying with prey too, and in that vein don't worry about not reciprocating, because we know it's intense, and we want that kind of reaction

    lol that aside, the real reason I stare so intently at everyone and everything around me is, like Alonzo said, to properly absorb everything. in a conversation, I stare at the face and eyes because I want to notice every single change in the expression and ascribe additional meaning to what the person is saying based on that.

    I might take a peek at a few parts of their body, in particular
    was this meant to sound that dirty?

  32. #272
    aka Feathers, Penny Dreadful Baboooshka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Behind your tonsils
    TIM
    IEI-Fe 4w3 so/sx(?)
    Posts
    933
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by voider View Post
    was this meant to sound that dirty?
    Usually, everything I say sounds dirty but this time noooo. I was tired when I wrote that and I only realise the way ot sounds now, oops.

    I appreciate your contribution, DEAR SE BASE. From now on, I'll try not to give a fuck about my interlocutors.
    "Time is my horse that stays always my own,
    A helmet’s mask-visor – the grate on a hole,
    The walls are my armor that’s made of the stone,
    My permanent shield is the door’s iron fold.

    Time! I desire to speed your hooves’ rattle!
    My stony armor is heavy to rise on!
    Death, when we’ve come, will help me by the saddle;
    I will dismount and rise up my visor."
    Mikhail Lermontov



  33. #273
    a two horned unicorn renegade Heretic 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    wabbit hole
    TIM
    ILE-C-I
    Posts
    5,064
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yes, eye contact. I have not really observed it so intently but Ni probably avoids it more than other IE's. Ne probably scans eyes a lot but does not focus on details just takes it in short bursts doing quick guesswork and moves on - let it be eyes or something else.
    Measuring you right now

    Winning is for losers

  34. #274
    aka Feathers, Penny Dreadful Baboooshka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Behind your tonsils
    TIM
    IEI-Fe 4w3 so/sx(?)
    Posts
    933
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    IEI, Fe if you want me to use subtypes. I have nothing to lose by sticking to this, and if by a mishap, I prove to have assessed myself wrong, at the age of 25, I'll change it (if I'll still be around by then). If not, that's even better.

    Lights out. Any further words are futile. Many thanks to everyone who put up with this heap of existential garbage. You might see me around, voicing myself in Random Thought threads and the chatbox, but not here, not anymore. The video will suffer a vanishing act as well
    If you do want to see my sexy self, there's another thread for that.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •