Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Feather's typing thread (Near-anniversary edition)

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It's been... 84 years. But I have reopened this.
    Yes, after so much time spent in the dark without having any idea that I can re-open threads, I unlocked the gates once more.

And yes, this is a necro post.
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

try to imagine yourself as IEE

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I imagine him as a flying fairy~

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    I imagine him as a flying fairy~
    I already like the decision of reopening this thread.
    <3 ooo <3

yes, @Sol.
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say EII > IEE.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

when he puts on the glasses this adds +10 to T
    good way to improve T region of F types. mb recommended for usage during arguing so arguments looked better

TIM
    SLE-C; E864 SX-SO
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Baboooshka When you reconsider your type, are you revisiting and reshuffling all of the concepts you've already amassed and organized in order to find the answer (because something inside is telling you that "it's there, it's there somewhere, just have to find it" or are you looking for altogether new/novel concepts and insights that might clue you into what your type is? And if you do both, do you have a ratio/percentage on which method takes preference over the other?

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

You look like a lil NT nerd

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo View Post
    @Baboooshka When you reconsider your type, are you revisiting and reshuffling all of the concepts you've already amassed and organized in order to find the answer (because something inside is telling you that "it's there, it's there somewhere, just have to find it" or are you looking for altogether new/novel concepts and insights that might clue you into what your type is? And if you do both, do you have a ratio/percentage on which method takes preference over the other?
    Oufff.
    Yes. I do both. But I'd say there is a clear bias towards sniffing out novel concepts or insights, whereas the reshuffling of what I already amassed is done here and there during an identity crisis.

One reason why I like studying typology systems lies in the beginning of it all. Tons of new information at your fingertips and it's more or less unrestraining.
    Until you get past the wikisocion.net phase and dive deeper into the rabbit hole. Then you discover that things aren't as fun or as easy as you thought they are. And the second-guessing ride starts, with no breaks. When all the novelty is gone, I find it much harder to pull answers to my questions.
    My typing threads aren't "pls reorder my brain or show me da wae" as much as they are "ok, show me what toys you've got", in terms of what I seek. That's why my eyes flare up whenever someone puts effort in showing me approaches to the theory.
    Because I can't do that.
    No matter how much I read, I feel incompetent.
    No. I know who I am. I (almost) perfectly do. I simply don't know who I am /in Socionics/. It's very hard to frame myself in the system.
    Clarice Lispector

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by india View Post
    You look like a lil NT nerd
    Guess Sol was right about the glasses then.
    Clarice Lispector

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

When you wear glasses you'll get minus one NT point per one diopter. That is if you are myopic (negative diopters) you'll get more NT points.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Heretic 007 View Post
    When you wear glasses you'll get minus one NT point per one diopter. That is if you are myopic (negative diopters) you'll get more NT points.
    -9 in my left eye because it's a problem since birth, -5 in the right one because I strained it by overusing it.
    Hello, Heretic. I'm an NT now. Pleased to meet you.
    Clarice Lispector

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's -5.5 (left eye) and -4.5 (right eye). Enought to want me start singing "Everything is so blurry..." when I take off my glasses... and sufficient for a NT ranking in my case, I guess.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You seem Ne, not Ni

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni 8w7 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debated between INFx before. Think IEI now; eyes and speech patterns suggest Dynamic type.

TIM
    SLE-C; E864 SX-SO
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, here are some random and not so random thoughts, ideas and observations:

One of the ways to gauge function strength and dimensionality in another person is to closely watch/monitor how they respond to a certain information element. As a Te lead, I can discern to various extents how well someone differentiates that brand of information, in large part due to how they react when presented with it >

• One of the ways I spot a Te PoLR is when the information I (and other Te "authorities") give is essentially "ignored." lol The PoLR function causes one to experience a high degree of energy draining uncertainty and anxiety about their ability to accurately evaluate the effectiveness of their own ideas, thoughts, and observations, which subsequently creates an insecurity about how to act. With IEIs, there can be a skepticism and reluctance to base their personal insights around contradicting external information sources due in part to low confidence in their ability to ascertain relevant information and factual accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Baboooshka View Post
    Te is something that I'm surely skeptical of.
    No matter how much I read, I feel incompetent.

• In contrast to the PoLR, information received on the suggestive function does not overwhelm or dismay; it is energizing (or soothing if sustained), trust inducing and more readily appreciated; it does not create a sense of dis-ease, self conscious inadequacy, and brain drain. For E*Is, this brand of information is useful and valuable in that it supports the actualization of productive and effective aims/endeavors. And because there may be difficulty evaluating their effectiveness and other Te measures, they are unconsciously receptive to those who supply them with aid/advice in this area.

• The mobilizing function, in contrast to the suggestive function, is more likely to push back and be somewhat critical of information received on that aspect even if it is still subpar at differentiating it. I frequently refer to the mobilizing function as "potent but unwieldy" due to the inherent lack of balance and nuance in utilizing it, which can cause one to overdo it or abandon it altogether. Two good examples of mobilizing Te around here are Raver and ooo--and I'm not citing them as an ad hominem or attack. Oftentimes they make bold Te assertions (recycled and regurgitated by other sources) that they struggle to truly understand and subsequently defend when confronted. I don't think I've ever seen you do anything remotely like that.

For you, from most likely to least likely, I still think that IEI [Te PoLR] > EII [Te Suggestive] > IEE [Te Mobilizing] holds true.

Oufff [PoLR hit! lol].
    Yes. I do both. But I'd say there is a clear bias towards sniffing out novel concepts or insights, whereas the reshuffling of what I already amassed is done here and there during an identity crisis.

One reason why I like studying typology systems lies in the beginning of it all. Tons of new information at your fingertips and it's more or less unrestraining.
    Until you get past the wikisocion.net phase and dive deeper into the rabbit hole. Then you discover that things aren't as fun or as easy as you thought they are. And the second-guessing ride starts, with no breaks. When all the novelty is gone, I find it much harder to pull answers to my questions.
    My typing threads aren't "pls reorder my brain or show me da wae" [Te--a sequence of facts that form a rationale] as much as they are "ok, show me what toys you've got", [Ti--which suggests that you want someone's own "creative" and "inventive" understanding to help with your understanding] in terms of what I seek. That's why my eyes flare up whenever someone puts effort in showing me approaches to the theory.
    Because I can't do that.
    No matter how much I read, I feel incompetent."
    No. I know who I am. I (almost) perfectly do. I simply don't know who I am /in Socionics/. It's very hard to frame myself in the system.
    And Ti doesn't necessarily have to be rendered in conjunction with Ne in order to manifest as "inventive" and "creative," it also works with Se--just look at Kill4Me's system. Don't you dare follow it. Just look at it...from afar. lol

Where did you go on your most recent vacation? What did you do there? How did you like it and why?
    London and I absolutely adored it. The atmosphere, SO MANY PARKS, so much stuff to do.

Are you comfortable taking leadership roles? In what areas? Why or why not?
    I have no desire leading or being lead. I mentioned this in the video as well, but it more often than not comes across as someone either trying to choke me intellectually and emotionally (if i'm being lead) or me being awkwardly over-bossy and overzealous OR just laying dormant and letting everyone do what they want (If I'm leading), there's no in-between.
    I'm also very authority-adverse, so go figure.
    I also think it's possible that you're a "producing" subtype; I'm in the same boat--I still seek some Fi but I can produce it for myself using other outside mechanisms if needs be and therefore can go long periods of time without receiving it from others; what I'm a bit more drawn to is Se stimulation. To see you speak of your travels, you may be not so shabby at producing Se related experiences for yourself--ftr, Ne may be related to ideational potentialities but Se deals in real word, concrete, sensory based potentialities, i.e., "STUFF to do." And perhaps you may subconsciously seek more Ti as a quasi form of dualization. It's also not uncommon for a producing subtype to challenge the judgments and perceptions of those who have their suggestive function in their ego, which could explain an aversion to being "led" in a certain manner. Just something to think about.

I do realize that if you are, in fact, Te PoLR and a producing subtype of IEI, that this probably has not helped as much as it might if it were rendered Ti style, perhaps. But just accept that as proof that you are Ti valuing.

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo View Post
    I do realize that if you are, in fact, Te PoLR and a producing subtype of IEI, that this probably has not helped as much as it might if it were rendered Ti style, perhaps. But just accept that as proof that you are Ti valuing.
    Ironically, I like your posts. Quite a lot. But I might just be fanboying to the amount of information you provide because I like seeing lots of words when people are being typed (even more so when the one being typed is me).

Those are some interestin points there. And I'd say the same about mfckrz's assessment because, uh, well.
    So far, I don't have many words of praise for Ni/Se groups and environments. I generally agree with Arma on here. There's a sense of "psychological haviness" that I get from Ni/Se atmosphere that I do not appreciate. I have met some amazing Ni/Se valuers on here, yes, but they're people that I do not spend much time with and when taking a broad look at things, I probably wouldn't be able to handle them for more than a day in real life. Whenever I try to get into the "Ni/Se mindset" it's like I crack.

Two good examples of mobilizing Te around here are Raver and ooo--and I'm not citing them as an ad hominem or attack. Oftentimes they make bold Te assertions (recycled and regurgitated by other sources) that they struggle to truly understand and subsequently defend when confronted. I don't think I've ever seen you do anything remotely like that.
    You probably haven't seen me doing this because I'm very conflict adverse . I think I spoke about this with you before, but whenever things start boiling and I perceive things as toxic, I substract myself from there ASAP. I simply think it's counter-productive to do otherwise.
    In the rare cases when I chose to stay and "fight", the first thing I did was Google articles and studies relevant to the discussion. No, I wouldn't link them, most of the time. I'd quote them first, then link them. Or I'd use them to get a better understanding of the situation and "copy" the point of view that the study presents.

I'd love to say that I can wait until I'm 25 years old and come back to this forum but I can't. Even though I probably should, at this point.
    Thanks for everything! Well-thought out treatise as always

EDIT: I'll comment on the producing subtype stuff a bit later. I don't have enough time to do so in this post :")
    Last edited by Chthonic Daydream; 08-07-2019 at 10:07 AM.
    Clarice Lispector

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

@Baboooshka - maybe it would be worth a look at what this "Ni/Se mindset" is, put in non-socionics terms, even everyday language if possible. It would be far more enlightening than if we keep calling it Ni/Se and it could tell you useful stuff about yourself or about other people.

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by voider View Post
    @Baboooshka Hey you.
    I saw you on here a few days ago.
    Umiii.
    Clarice Lispector

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know who Umi is.
    I actually deleted the post trying to be sneaky, but... Whatever. I will read through this now

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Spare your virgin eyes the torment of doing such a thing.
    Clarice Lispector

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

from the video:

-I think you're Ne valuing over Ni
    -you look so much different without your glasses I was like whoa what when you took them off hahaha
    -"let's go straight to the questions" after 3 minutes of talking about literally nothing important lmfao
    -definitely F>T, you accentuate your relationships with some of the people on the forum in a way that seems Fi to me
    -instead of talking about why Neil Gaiman inspires you, you branched off and started talking about the book and TED talks which might inspire others. not a directly observable link to the question, although when you trace it back the connection is obvious, so this erratic way of answering the question suggests Ne to me. you're talking about how you found out about him now how's that related smh just move on Ne valuers goddamnit

I stopped watching the video here. I'm sorry. anyway, I'm being largely unhelpful, but from my interactions with you I think you're 1) not IEI 2) not Se valuing, although I can't really give proof for that other than the fact that i just haven't seen you appreciate anything Se. As for IEE vs EII, I could see an argument for EII on grounds of you being very aware of where you stand with people and what you want out of relationships. I also think you're Fe ignoring rather than Fe demo lol. and I dunno about Ti vs Te because we haven't talked about that stuff eyyyy lol

Spare your virgin eyes the torment of doing such a thing.
    Too late

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEE!

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Baboooshka: I've watched your video

IEI, very sure about it.

you kinda look like a young version of Neil Gaiman tbh. that guy seems like an IEI to me too based on a first impression (it's interesting that he's a friend of Alan Moore, who is an ILI). Ni leading types often feel a strong connection towards each other. I'm a huge fan of comics and I even have a list of my favorite 150 works, maybe it's of interest to you. I plan to read Sandman sometime in the future.

https://rateyourmusic.com/list/soundofconfusion/comics/

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Thanks for the input, @soundofconfusion! Very much appreciated. I must say that I have never been a fan of comic books, but the Sandman series had a mistifying quality to it which touched me in ways that no other comics ever have. I also don't want to derail, but since we got on to Neil Gaimaning in here: What do you think of his wife's, Amanda Palmer, type?

She is ENFx IMO

Ahh, I have promised Alonzo an explanation that's more worthy of his well-thought out posts, but I have failed him, and this isn't the first time. The truth is that I wrote a reply just a little over a week ago, but I ended up deleting it thinking that "it's such bullshit, it should not be on here."
    IOU!
    Clarice Lispector

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've already typed her, she's an SLE.

funny, they might be in a dual relationship then.

TIM
    EII-Fi, 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just watched your video and skimmed this thread.

EII-Ne is going to be my initial typing for you.

As a Harmonic-EII I've often considered the idea of myself being IEI in the past as I've seen some on here mention you to be. Here's my notes...

• Establishes video with -Si discomfort. Not comfortable on camera or confident in his presentation. (PoLR Se?)
    • Rehearsing and preparing before last video, practicing in front of the mirror. (Rational?)
    • Problems with school.
    • Believes in God(s) but not in church or belief systems. References Wicca. Likely reads into alternative ideas. (Delta, -Ne?)
    • Very quick to feel like he's rambling, starting with an idea and not finishing it. Picking it up again, going back rather than moving on. (Rational?)
    • "Doesn't care about politics" yet holds silent political opinions referring to a 'witch hunt' which goes against the wave of revolutionary change. (1D Se refusal to action or engagement?)
    • Trouble with business and work. Can't handle stressful work environments. Struggles to establish comfort. (Si hidden agenda?)
    • Expects others to be half-decent. Talks about not judging people based on first meeting but says it would be hypocritical because he does this. The way this is spoken upon, it seems that he's been wronged or hurt. On the surface this seems -Fi to constrict judgment towards certain people of particular interests. Is there trauma here? (-Fi or +Fi?)
    • Doesn't do well in teams and groups. (Introvert)
    • Planning things and not finishing them, "time is like money".
    • Preoccupied with stressing over dealing with people at school, skimming over work, worrying about health. (Si hidden agenda?)
    • Likely seeks Si to allow for better time-management and less occupation with worrying over his troubles and potential issues.

4w3 would make sense for IEE-Ne as well. I'd say either IEE-Ne or EII-Ne.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wonder how I would be typed if I wore my glasses. Personally, I think they make me look like an egghead.
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m not fully sure of your type yet. If it helps, I feel like we have a good chemistry which might point to some quadra or type compatibility. But in your video, I see some characteristics of Ne: the darting eyes, and the speech. But at the same time, I see a natural expression of Fe that I wouldn’t expect from Fe ignoring. You can really project your voice, and you have good body language. I’m gonna admit I skipped forwards and backwards through the video and wasn’t paying much attention to what you were saying, but I do more typing from how somebody talks and looks more than from what they’re saying.

Will come back to this

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally think you’re IEI final and confirm. @inaLim said too that you remind him of a kindergarten best friend. Same for me too. Instantly feel 1000x better talking to you about real life issues. I don’t think it’s a coincidence.

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol, we barely interacted after kindergarten though so I doubt that we were duals.

@sbbds Did you get a chance to see the video he added to OP? I second many of @toska's observations. He seems Ne ego, rational, with extremely good recall of autobiographical minutiae, comments on his comfort, lots of clear declarations. Wicca, constant meme references, fanatical love of Neil Gaiman smells Ne/Si to me. I think he's a static type and it would be a different IR in person. If forced to pick, rn I'd say EII.

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Clarice Lispector

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inaLim View Post
    Lol, we barely interacted after kindergarten though so I doubt that we were duals.

@sbbds Did you get a chance to see the video he added to OP? I second many of @toska's observations. He seems Ne ego, rational, with extremely good recall of autobiographical minutiae, comments on his comfort, lots of clear declarations. Wicca, constant meme references, fanatical love of Neil Gaiman smells Ne/Si to me. I think he's a static type and it would be a different IR in person. If forced to pick, rn I'd say EII.
    I see. Yeah I’ve ridden the Feathers Delta NF train for a while and have seen a lot of him and gone back and forth, but I for one am sure my friend was an IEI and it’s just too similar. The pattern of interaction, visuals, everything.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really don't understand EII typings, I see a good quality of Fe. Ignoring function is 3D but it is not that visible, one person's role function can be much more apparent than his/her ignoring function.

If a person looks introvert and displays Ne, Fi in your point of view, there are other IEs to consider, that person can't be automatically EII.

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@flames

I demand answers.
    Clarice Lispector

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think you fit well in IEE harmonizing subtype description. That is like you are blending two opposite temperaments together. You have dualized with yourself. This type in the most classical socionics might be considered as IEI.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Heretic 007 View Post
    I think you fit well in IEE harmonizing subtype description. That is like you are blending two opposite temperaments together. You have dualized with yourself. This type in the most classical socionics might be considered as IEI.
    I have become my own dual. Now I really am independent and strong, I guess.
    Wow.
    I don't feel too powerful, but it's reassuring.
    Clarice Lispector

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I have become my own dual. Now I really am independent and strong, I guess.
    Wow.
    I don't feel too powerful, but it's reassuring.
    Or independent and bipolar. Whatever suits you.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@flames

I demand answers.
    I still have no definite answer yet. We’re both still developing personality wise, it may take some time. I am kinda liking Delta NF more so far, as much as I want you in beta. But I still see a lot of Fe... So I’m not reaching any conclusions yet. I don’t have any long winded reasons for this.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I have become my own dual.
    You may introject your dual personality and so to pay more of the attention on your weak regions. Your type will be reducing and may disappear when both functions become equally presented in the consciousness. It's doubtful you'll change the dominant function to become your dual.

> Now I really am independent and strong, I guess.

You'd become stronger in weak regions, got no preferences in which functions to get a support, no preferences for values and no IR related preferences to types to deal with. You'd still was dependent from people's help, but equally in all functions and lesser in case would kept the same level of tasks.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast