Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 81 to 109 of 109

Thread: Ne PoLR of ESI - Examples?

  1. #81
    Bertrand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    5,936
    Mentioned
    484 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    everything is very slightly possible if you take rationality off the table, couching it in terms of it being valid albeit unlikely is misleading, because everything is allowed in if you're willing to entertain heads in jars and so forth, which is what this sort of Ne amounts to (i.e: it is a lie to suggest likeliness is a controlling factor). it shouldn't be dignified with any sort of capacity as a rational judgement, which is what you're trying to attach to it by giving it odds or presupposing it could in fact be the case but a case presupposes limitations that shapes it and with pure Ne there are none. in other words, you're acting if there's an up or down in assessing it that way and it conforms to laws, when in fact it does not. your entire point seems to rely on "yeah but I wouldn't do that" which basically says "I know whats genuinely real and if that explodes some other person's rational world so be it"-- at least be honest. when you do that you believing that about yourself doesn't make it true, and Se proceeds to make that known in a way that is undeniable. if Se + rationality were not possible whatever their response is should not be possible, in essence Se proves to Ne types what exactly is real and what exactly is possible in a way that is not speculative. so the warning is to Ne types if they want to speculate about certain thing they run very real risks because although nothing is real to them and its all fun and games its not always fun and games for the people who have to put up with it. this sort of intellectual debate over the honor of Ne is just a subset of that kind of maneuvering that eventually will run its course as soon as someone really puts their foot down

  2. #82

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    529
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    everything is very slightly possible if you take rationality off the table, couching it in terms of it being valid albeit unlikely is misleading, because everything is allowed in if you're willing to entertain heads in jars and so forth, which is what this sort of Ne amounts to (i.e: it is a lie to suggest likeliness is a controlling factor). it shouldn't be dignified with any sort of capacity as a rational judgement, which is what you're trying to attach to it by giving it odds or presupposing it could in fact be the case but a case presupposes limitations that shapes it and with pure Ne there are none. in other words, you're acting if there's an up or down in assessing it that way and it conforms to laws, when in fact it does not. your entire point seems to rely on "yeah but I wouldn't do that" which basically says "I know whats genuinely real and if that explodes some other person's rational world so be it"-- at least be honest. when you do that you believing that about yourself doesn't make it true, and Se proceeds to make that known in a way that is undeniable. if Se + rationality were not possible whatever their response is should not be possible, in essence Se proves to Ne types what exactly is real and what exactly is possible in a way that is not speculative. so the warning is to Ne types if they want to speculate about certain thing they run very real risks because although nothing is real to them and its all fun and games its not always fun and games for the people who have to put up with it. this sort of intellectual debate over the honor of Ne is just a subset of that kind of maneuvering that eventually will run its course as soon as someone really puts their foot down
    People don't always know they are blowing up someone's rationale by simply point out alternatives. Ne by itself sure it can go crazy into pretend land, that's why Ne needs Si to provide concrete data so Ne's what ifs are based on something real. I agree Se does provide what's real and only the real, but what's in front of you isn't the only thing that exists and that's what Ne is trying to find, the things that don't exist. They can work against each other that way yea. And your perspective sounds like it comes from a place of "I really hate Ne because ____." Which I think is probably a common attitude towards one's own PoLR but I don't hate Ne and I don't agree with it being this horrible thing you present it as, like you emphasize the crap side of it, perhaps because it is your PoLR. Se undeniable reality to me is helpful and useful, and also can be boringly restricting and lacking imagination which is essentially the whole point of Se, to get rid of all imagination and speculation, it's not Se's job to do that it's Ne's job, and it's not so much as honoring Ne as it is valuing Ne. Yea someone could put their Se foot down and say "Wake up Kid, this is the real world!" Until Se runs out of ideas and needs Ne to come up with a different approach. Or Se falls flat on it's face because essentially they would have never thought of that weird Ne way of doing something.

  3. #83
    Bertrand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    5,936
    Mentioned
    484 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    first of all, its hard to imagine a person not knowing they're blowing up another persons rationale within the context of a disagreement, because thats what a disagreement is

    the main thing is they tend to think "they're helping" mainly because they have no concept of up or down to begin with so help becomes nothing but a pretense to do whatever they wanted to do in the first place. this is the great scam, they don't know what's what and are trying to pass it off as something of substance, when the only reason they can do so in the first place is because theyre either ignorant or stupid. they pre-define themselves as in the right and assume whatever flows from that must be valid. thats the entire problem, of course from that angle it appears like they're helping, because theyve reserved for themselves the sole power to define the whole world. Ne is nothing but an amorphous mess in this way, because it demands the person sign over their own right to define their own parameters governing reality on nothing more than someone elses own misplaced self confidence. the upshot to this is these people are actually completely incapable of effecting this transfer without another person's consent, so its of no moment that Ne person is arrogant because person B can always simply dissociate and no difference is made. the truth is they are right in some sense, which is they are helpless, but only people looking for pets see that as something worth paying for the privilege of looking after. meanwhile these are the same people who hate taxes and whatever else because its not really about caring for someone and letting them do whatever, its about controlling another concrete human being who makes them feel smart and powerful by being helpless around them. its just a meaningless exchange of weaknesss, which requires up and down go away to effect a codependent relationship between people otherwise incapable of sustaining a relationship. in essence they've decided to depart into their own world together, which is fine, but lets not confuse this for something noble or correct. it fobs off the responsibility for everything real on everyone else, but at the same time they create the backdrop needed to contextualize meaning for everyone else by providing the example of how not to be. its like setting cattle out to pasture, but then they always seem surprised when every once in awhile one gets eaten. its like, and here I thought they knew everything because they presented themselves as such
    Last edited by Bertrand; 09-20-2018 at 08:05 PM.

  4. #84

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    529
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    first of all, its hard to imagine a person not knowing they're blowing up another persons rationale within the context of a disagreement, because thats what a disagreement is

    the main thing is they tend to think "they're helping" mainly because they have no concept of up or down to begin with so help becomes nothing but a pretense to do whatever they wanted to do in the first place. this is the great scam, they don't know what's what and are trying to pass it off as something of substance, when the only reason they can do so in the first place is because theyre either ignorant or stupid. they pre-define themselves as in the right and assume whatever flows from that must be valid. that's the entire problem, of course from that angle it appears like they're helping, because theyve reserved for themselves the sole power to define the whole world. Ne is nothing but an amorphous mess in this way, because it demands the person sign over their own right to define their own parameters governing reality on nothing more than someone elses own misplaced self confidence. the upshot to this is these people are actually completely incapable of effecting this transfer without another person's consent, so its of no moment that Ne person is arrogant because person B can always simply dissociate and no difference is made. the truth is they are right in some sense, which is they are helpless, but only people looking for pets see that as something worth paying for the privilege of looking after. meanwhile these are the same people who hate taxes and whatever else because its not really about caring for someone and letting them do whatever, its about controlling another concrete human being who makes them feel smart and powerful by being helpless around them. its just a meaningless exchange of weaknesss, which requires up and down go away to effect a codependent relationship between people otherwise incapable of sustaining a relationship. in essence they've decided to depart into their own world together, which is fine, but lets not confuse this for something noble or correct. it fobs off the responsibility for everything real on everyone else, but at the same time they create the backdrop needed to contextualize meaning for everyone else by providing the example of how not to be. its like setting cattle out to pasture, but then they always seem surprised when every once in awhile one gets eaten. its like, and here I thought they knew everything because they presented themselves as such
    If someone is just pointing out alternatives, how does that mean they are intentionally blowing up someone' rationale.

    Idk, but you got a perspective that hates Ne, I don't know what kind of help your talking about, other than just point out an alternative. All this other stuff just sounds like you hate a whole type and think it shouldn't exist.

  5. #85
    Bertrand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    5,936
    Mentioned
    484 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    idk if I physically force you to do something is that blowing up your rationale, assuming its not something you've already agreed to do? if I tell you "its better this way" does that make it so, from your point of view? the fact that one is on the conceptual level and the other is concrete doesn't really change the fundamental dynamic. so this idea that Ne is "harmless" from the point of view of xSI is naive, because it presupposes that rationale is unimportant compared to bodily integrity, but people are free to feel the opposite, and in fact the people who feel that way tend to get their way because they feel that way and the reason they get their way speaks to the truth of their method, which is to say power speaks for itself.. this idea that Ne is more true is actually backwards, Ne is less true, because the proof is in the pudding. this whole idea that Ne is concerned with "doing things the right WAY" is misleading, because it skews what is "right" at the root and begs the question on its own validity, which is precisely how it "steals" power from xSI. it invites people to be weak because it is in fact weak, it lulls people into a false sense of morality centered around pacifism and steals the rational highground on little more than an irrational preference. if you don't see this as problematic perhaps you ought to engage your Ne some more. the bottom line is the conflict is in some sense intractable, and this is what gives rise to centrality and peripheral quadra. peace is a lie, in short and anyone selling peace is simply propping up their own laziness first of all, and second of all they're trading the future for a present payoff, because that kind of fattening up is always for the slaughter. in essence these people can take themselves out of play, but no one has to abide their lies. they spend their entire existence trying to pass these lies off on their own environment as a form of self defense and it all comes at the expense of everyone else. its fake benevolence. parents undermine their own children with this bullshit. you see it happening a lot in the culture of participation prizes and so forth, where the dumbest people band together and occupy the positions of prominence on a lie until the whole thing falls apart under the weight of its own corruption and incompetence. its true whats good for you isn't good for them and its not because you're somehow more concerned with "right" its because you're weak
    Last edited by Bertrand; 09-20-2018 at 09:45 PM.

  6. #86

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    529
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    idk if I physically force you to do something is that blowing up your rationale, assuming its not something you've already agreed to do? if I tell you "its better this way" does that make it so, from your point of view? the fact that one is on the conceptual level and the other is concrete doesn't really change the fundamental dynamic. so this idea that Ne is "harmless" from the point of view of xSI is naive, because it presupposes that rationale is unimportant compared to bodily integrity, but people are free to feel the opposite, and in fact the people who feel that way tend to get their way because they feel that way and the reason they get their way speaks to the truth of their method, which is to say power speaks for itself.. this idea that Ne is more true is actually backwards, Ne is less true, because the proof is in the pudding. this whole idea that Ne is concerned with "doing things the right WAY" is misleading, because it skews what is "right" at the root and begs the question on its own validity, which is precisely how it "steals" power from xSI. it invites people to be weak because it is in fact weak, it lulls people into a false sense of morality centered around pacifism and steals the rational highground on little more than an irrational preference. if you don't see this as problematic perhaps you ought to engage your Ne some more. the bottom line is the conflict is in some sense intractable, and this is what gives rise to centrality and peripheral quadra. peace is a lie, in short and anyone selling peace is simply propping up their own laziness first of all, and second of all they're trading the future for a present payoff, because that kind of fattening up is always for the slaughter. in essence these people can take themselves out of play, but no one has to abide their lies. they spend their entire existence trying to pass these lies off on their own environment as a form of self defense and it all comes at the expense of everyone else. its fake benevolence. parents undermine their own children with this bullshit. you see it happening a lot in the culture of participation prizes and so forth, where the dumbest people band together and occupy the positions of prominence on a lie until the whole thing falls apart under the weight of its own corruption and incompetence. its true whats good for you isn't good for them and its not because you're somehow more concerned with "right" its because you're weak
    I don't know where I said physical force or anything. But pointing out alternatives does not translate to automatically blowing up someone's rationale.
    All the rest of this just sounds like it just boils down to survival of the fittest. And that kind of world doesn't seem like a better alternative.

    And I think being concerned with the right way is more of an Si process. Ne coming up with all these alternatives, but Si checking how something has been proven to work, which would be the right or correct way to do something. Like if you wanted to nail a nail in a wall, the "right" way would be to use a hammer, since that is how it has been done time and time again.

  7. #87
    Bertrand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    5,936
    Mentioned
    484 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    that's my point, the world as it is is inferior to your replacement for it. that this might not be "right" seems lost on you. you're literally positing an artificial replacement for the universe as it really is to people who are trying to make their way in it according to reality and trying to pass it off as a help when all it does is undermine their chances of success, and you do this not because you care about them but because this method suits you in light of your own inability to reckon with the world as is. its just a will to power in misrepresentation of itself and at the expense of others while presenting itself as compassionate, a form of false prophecy. the only way it can not be hypocritical is to be a willing victim, all this infantile shit is a kind of naive and dangerous mental state lacking in responsibility for itself, despite whatever rhetoric it spits out in self defense

  8. #88

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    529
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    that's my point, the world as it is is inferior to your replacement for it. that this might not be "right" seems lost on you. you're literally positing an artificial replacement for the universe as it really is to people who are trying to make their way in it according to reality and trying to pass it off as a help when all it does is undermine their chances of success, and you do this not because you care about them but because this method suits you in light of your own inability to reckon with the world as is. its just a will to power in misrepresentation of itself and at the expense of others while presenting itself as compassionate, a form of false prophecy. the only way it can not be hypocritical is to be a willing victim, all this infantile shit is a kind of naive and dangerous mental state lacking in responsibility for itself, despite whatever rhetoric it spits out in self defense
    I mean, you make it sound like the world is dominated by Ne or something. Like Se can't get by because all the Ne's out there hold you down. I doubt this is the world at large though. Reality is still here Idk why you act like people are stopping you from living it.

  9. #89
    Bertrand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    5,936
    Mentioned
    484 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    first of all, Im not describing all Ne, mostly delta Ne. second of all, whether the world is dominated by something is irrelevant to how stupid your claims are, because what makes them wrong or right, logical or illogical, real or unreal, is not their status as dominant, in fact, if we took your position they would never be fair game for criticism because by definition they are peripheral values, and yet this totally ignores whoever is in fact subverted by their influence as if one individual doesn't matter, and isn't worth troubling about. that's not how this works, the whole point is not to leave anyone behind if it can be helped, the second we take your point of view with respect to that the corruption has already begun to set in. its this slow descent into apathy that is part of the problem

  10. #90

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    529
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    first of all, Im not describing all Ne, mostly delta Ne. second of all, whether the world is dominated by something is irrelevant to how stupid your claims are
    Yea sounds iike you are talking about delta Ne for sure.
    I'm just saying you position yourself as some victim of Ne, like Ne destroys your chance of success and tries to turn you into a weak pussy. And I'm asking what world do you live in where you can't use Se because Ne keeps getting in your way?

  11. #91
    Bertrand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    5,936
    Mentioned
    484 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    you're getting in my way right now

  12. #92

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    529
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    you're getting in my way right now
    Idk, vote Se users into positions of power or office or something, idk man.

  13. #93
    Bertrand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    5,936
    Mentioned
    484 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    actually what happens is a violent revolution, but you get the idea

  14. #94

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    529
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    peace is a lie,

    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    the whole point is not to leave anyone behind if it can be helped,


    .

  15. #95
    Haikus thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    8,113
    Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pixel View Post
    This goes both ways though. This picture is a good example of the difference between the 2. The tradeoff of strengths and weaknesses.

    Attachment 13933

    You're sort of mixing things up here. The first perspective is more of an Ne-Si perspective. Like you said putting everything in place to get it right the first time. The Second is more of an Se-Ni perspective, trying an approach failing then trying again until it works.
    The first one may be related to Si, but it's not Ne.

    "trying an approach failing then trying again until it works"

    This has elements of various extroverted elements to it - Ne, Se, Te.

    It's typical of the very Ne-heavy Silicon Valley "fail fast" culture.

    And carefully preparing in advance so that things work out (or "stop and think", "expecting to die") is not at all Ne, it's Ni.

    @Aramas's post was closer to being correct up until the "Think before you do" part. So really this is about the "conflict" between Ni and Se (deliberation and action).
    Last edited by thehotelambush; 09-21-2018 at 01:38 PM.

  16. #96

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    529
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    The first one may be related to Si, but it's not Ne.

    "trying an approach failing then trying again until it works"

    This has elements of various extroverted elements to it - Ne, Se, Te.

    It's typical of the very Ne-heavy Silicon Valley "fail fast" culture.

    And carefully preparing in advance so that things work out (or "stop and think", "expecting to die") is not at all Ne, it's Ni.

    @Aramas's post was closer to being correct up until the "Think before you do" part. So really this is about the "conflict" between Ni and Se (deliberation and action).
    This makes sense, maybe what I was really addressing was the Si-Se difference. And The stop and think, I don't think think is the right word, I think he really means consider, Ne considering all the possibilities, while Se needs to gain feedback from action, Ne can see all the ways something could go before taking action, unless that's just Ni again.

  17. #97
    What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Finland
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    2,128
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    Just look at Jung's introduction to Erich Neumann's work

    Attachment 13899
    This foreword also made an impression on me when I read the book. Great foreword and great book.

  18. #98
    meatburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    A Quazar named Northern Territory
    Posts
    2,611
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    What i was thinking reading this thread is "what has this forum come to?". All i see here is near incoherent ramblings and a whole heap of stereotyping. When anyone discounts a whole type i think they have lost their way. They have let their own personal issues cloud their view of reality. I am very unlikely to use religion or politics to manipulate anyone because i'm an atheist and i find it hard to subscribe to any side of politics. I think i owe that in part to my Ne actually.

    I actually think whats happening here is some people are intellectualizing too much and not actually stepping out in the real world and interacting with real people.

    I get it, socionics can lead you to dislike people from your opposite Quadra. I've done this in the past (shout out to Kristiina who i still feel bad about being mean to). I've always been afraid of this and i think its socionics most dangerous element. For this reason i don't promote socionics that much because many people aren't emotionally well rounded enough to deal with it. I live with my LSI father and i see him as a good man. Its really hard for us to connect and he does upset me greatly sometimes, but i see his good qualities. As others said you can get unhealthy versions of every type but IEE's are very different from the picture that is being painted here.

    Anyway, my parents are LSI and ESI. My mother is quite judgmental and xenophobic. "why cant aboriginals just get a job?", "why don't X people go back to their own country". "That person is an absolute derro". As someone says she can have a tendency categorize people in a way that minimizes structural reasons why they might be the way they are and blames them for their problems. Don't get me wrong, i actually agree with her in part - people are responsible for themselves but it's a little in between. When you think like this you are discounting a persons humanity and creating an abstract concept about them in its place. (its kind of ironic that people in this very thread bashing Ne are doing exactly this). But my mum's actually really sweet, she made friends with the buildings vietnamese cleaner (SLI) and i think that went a long way to changing her perception of asian people. Similarly she was very scared of the mentally ill but the more i talk about their lives and difficulties the more empathy she seems to be building towards them.

    Both my parents are rusted on right wingers. Its ok to be right wing but from my perspective they will discount anything politicians from the left suggest even if its probably a good idea. They tend to subscribe to pretty simple narratives to explain the world, then discount any evidence indicating their beliefs might not be 100% accurate.

    I don't really care that much about my parents lack of Ne, i used to argue as a teenager and now i realize that there is almost nothing that could ever change their minds on some topics. I mean i get it, humanity needs people who strongly believe in something in order for anything to get done. Conversely when people are totally unable / unwilling to change their viewpoint it can lead to some pretty horrible societal problems too.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

    "And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - AnaÔs Nin

  19. #99
    Spermatozoa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Your most intimate spaces
    TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,989
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Me: "I'd love to date a sexual predator".

    ESI: "You are such a disgusting, creepy person."

    Me: "Some people have no sense of humor. Btw SEIs are much hotter than you. They send me softcore porn of themselves dressed as an anime character."

    Ne PoLR cannot entertain more than one possible reason for any idea, statement or feeling. So they take everything you say literally. They refuse to accept that there might be other possibilities worthy of consideration. Naturally, most of them are feminists.

  20. #100
    Aramas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    United States
    TIM
    EII-Ne
    Posts
    1,299
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spermatozoa View Post
    Me: "I'd love to date a sexual predator".

    ESI: "You are such a disgusting, creepy person."

    Me: "Some people have no sense of humor. Btw SEIs are much hotter than you. They send me softcore porn of themselves dressed as an anime character."

    Ne PoLR cannot entertain more than one possible reason for any idea, statement or feeling. So they take everything you say literally. They refuse to accept that there might be other possibilities worthy of consideration. Naturally, most of them are feminists.
    It took me a long time to learn this. I still have to look out for double meanings at times.

    P.S. I'm not a feminist.

  21. #101
    a two horned unicorn renegade Heretic 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Logical supermacy torturing So(u)ls
    TIM
    ILE-C-I
    Posts
    4,661
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    They have a hearing deficit. I need to medically confirm this but I'm 99.99954 % sure of it.

    It happens when you tell them things they already think they know.

    I think it also calls for pathological perseveration diagnosis.
    https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Perseveration
    Quote Originally Posted by Groucho Marx
    I donít care to belong to any club that will have me as a member.


    Due to Fi PoLR do not send PM's, please. 50/50 likelihood to get a reply if I'm going to even read your messages. Let's keep things public.

  22. #102
    Bertrand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    5,936
    Mentioned
    484 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    there's a pathology for everything these days--it just dilutes psychology and therapy because of how we can now medicalize any deviation from whatever free floating norm society has adopted... its literally the oppressive drug-state in its early development. this sort of medicalization is "insight" in the totally wrong direction. doesn't matter though, any group that adopts this way of thinking about the issues is bound to implode because they're literally going to drug themselves into such a state of one sidedness the result can only be mutual and collective self harm. the problem solves itself, although the bodies will be piled high, and the real delusion is that this is all a more "humane" way to go about causing mass deaths. as if this sort of thing is any better and it not in many ways significantly worse and more pernicious than the atrocities of the 20th century. in some sense we just have to let people have the world they create for themselves though, because there is little to no "answer" to this problem until people see for themselves the first hand consequences of it. because people can't foresee the problems arising out of their own position as a consequence of their own compartmentalized and overly concrete attention, they have to live the consequences of their ill formed ideas before they genuinely consider them. that this is the cause for harms to others and not only themselves, is completely concealed by the empty slogan driving the entire thing, which is pseudo-care for others

  23. #103
    Aramas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    United States
    TIM
    EII-Ne
    Posts
    1,299
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    there's a pathology for everything these days--it just dilutes psychology and therapy because of how we can now medicalize any deviation from whatever free floating norm society has adopted... its literally the oppressive drug-state in its early development. this sort of medicalization is "insight" in the totally wrong direction. doesn't matter though, any group that adopts this way of thinking about the issues is bound to implode because they're literally going to drug themselves into such a state of one sidedness the result can only be mutual and collective self harm. the problem solves itself, although the bodies will be piled high, and the real delusion is that this is all a more "humane" way to go about causing mass deaths. as if this sort of thing is any better and it not in many ways significantly worse and more pernicious than the atrocities of the 20th century. in some sense we just have to let people have the world they create for themselves though, because there is little to no "answer" to this problem until people see for themselves the first hand consequences of it. because people can't foresee the problems arising out of their own position as a consequence of their own compartmentalized and overly concrete attention, they have to live the consequences of their ill formed ideas before they genuinely consider them. that this is the cause for harms to others and not only themselves, is completely concealed by the empty slogan driving the entire thing, which is pseudo-care for others
    It's a pretty cushy job. All you gotta do is sit back, cross your legs, listen, maybe prescribe a few pills, blame side effects on patients, and let the money roll in.

    Went with a friend to his psych office once. It was uber nice, decked out in a good part of town with a fresh building and new pavement. The style of it looked like a spa or something.

    Most of those people are assholes who don't even pretend to care. Lol

    Societally, it's about reinforcing social norms. Individually, it's about collecting the big bucks for the least amount of effort.

    They have to pass it off as biological otherwise the justification wouldn't exist for their paychecks.

    It's interesting how many people talk about the chemical imbalance hypothesis even though it's only a hypothesis. It hasn't been proven. Not even in mainstream established science. But everyone echoes it like it's holy doctrine.

  24. #104
    Aramas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    United States
    TIM
    EII-Ne
    Posts
    1,299
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Also, the whole "fight the stigma of mental illness" bullshit is just a massive ad campaign for the industry to get people in the door and take their money.

    Most people don't have mental health problems anyway. They have money problems and poverty problems. Give a "mentally ill" person a guaranteed regular sack of money and those problems would go away instantly because they suddenly wouldn't have to deal with a bad situation like living with an asshole or working a shitty job that makes their lives hell. They could also afford actual medical care.

    Also, the "raising awareness" crap is a way of indoctrinating people into telling their friends and family that they need to see some mental health industry pro. If the other bullshit wasn't bad enough, now your family and friends are after you telling you that you need to seek help from the mental health industry. It's a load of bullshit Bernays himself would be proud of.

    Don't worry, though, folks. This unenlightened self-interest will eventually derail itself. No need for karma. The chickens will and are coming home to roost. Recent news of the Puget sound indicates that the fish are swimming in pharma waste. Waterways everywhere are polluted with it. If it isn't helping to drive us all crazy and making us sterile, I'll be surprised. Wouldn't it be funny if it were an infinitesimal molecule of some SSRI in Trump's brain that set off a chain reaction making nuclear war seem like a pleasant idea?
    Last edited by Aramas; 10-05-2018 at 06:33 PM.

  25. #105
    of the sun Karatos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    TIM
    LSI- Se 9w8
    Posts
    1,615
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default



    ESI kayakers ATTACKED by ILE seal.
    "Talent hits a target no one else can hit; genius hits a target no one else can see." - Schopenhauer

  26. #106
    a two horned unicorn renegade Heretic 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Logical supermacy torturing So(u)ls
    TIM
    ILE-C-I
    Posts
    4,661
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Whenever I see ESI it looks like internalized version of this.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LW_s6EqOxqY


    I mean, as a spiritual aggressor (such a wonderful term) I have to twist people's minds into new configurations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Groucho Marx
    I donít care to belong to any club that will have me as a member.


    Due to Fi PoLR do not send PM's, please. 50/50 likelihood to get a reply if I'm going to even read your messages. Let's keep things public.

  27. #107

    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    804
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I disagree that mentally ill people just need money to make their mental illnesses disappear.

    Not true what-so-ever.

    Also, mental illness is a legit real thing, not simply a failure to integrate into a supposedly sick society.

  28. #108
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    6,011
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hag View Post
    How does it manifest? What kind of situations are apt to trigger a PoLR-related sense of threat or discomfort? What would be avoided? And so forth.

    Real-life examples would be appreciated.
    I define Ne as the intuition of many possibilities. In practice, it seems to me that Ne users consider every possibility and never want to come to a single conclusion. I would then assume that being Ne-PoLR would mean that a person can see lots of possibilities but does not feel confident in either choosing the best one (which is something that LIE’s excell at) or they aren’t confident that they are seeing every option that exists.

    One example of this was when I was talking to a male ESI at work, and he said he could see lots of future possibilities but couldn’t choose which one was best.

    A second example seems to be the ESI reaction to my online dating profile, which is non-existent. I ran it up to near the 4000 character limit with what I feel is a very complete description of me, physically, psychologically, financially, operationally, and intentionally, and I asked a female ESI whom I know for her opinion. She replied, “Too long. It should be shorter.”
    She was right. So far, the responses I’ve gotten have been from female ILE’s or SEI’s.

    Evidently, giving an ESI too much to think about isn’t constructive.

    I should pare those 4000 characters down to: “Man with job, car, apartment, seeks female traveling companion for fun and profit. Call Adam. 866-555-1212.”
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 05-31-2019 at 11:34 AM.

  29. #109
    a two horned unicorn renegade Heretic 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Logical supermacy torturing So(u)ls
    TIM
    ILE-C-I
    Posts
    4,661
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ne PoLR in ESI: dogma. Appreciation of experts to their own futility. This is not same as holding on a system [might be more Ti] which might need revision [it is important to note that there can be parallel systems and those systems can be revised under different name and so on or proven wrong and those systems can have limited valid interpolative and extrapolative range]. Not thinking for themselves methodology wise. Underlying reason here is about not going deep looking for imperceptible connections.
    Quote Originally Posted by Groucho Marx
    I donít care to belong to any club that will have me as a member.


    Due to Fi PoLR do not send PM's, please. 50/50 likelihood to get a reply if I'm going to even read your messages. Let's keep things public.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •