TIM
    ESTp 7w8
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ISFj 8w9- How does it manifest?

Hello,

I am curious on how a male ISFj 8w9 would manifest? Any input and examples are greatly appreciated.

Here are my thoughts:
    Appears as a very independent and solitary individual. They follow a strict rule of ethics, does not have an interest in changing their environment or people's decisions. Takes on the same internal values of an ISFj but contains a hyper-sensitivity to defending and maintaining their own physical and mental territory. They create a secluded circle of trusties. In addition, strives to maintain harmony and their personal hierarchical power/respect within the circle. Will quickly react in defending their trusties/circle from external offenses. They can appear overly aggressive due to their qualities of 8 defending Fi.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe Ratko Mladic is this type. Bearish, protective, willing to use violence in thename of justice.

TIM
    ESTp 7w8
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the video. However, it is a bit hard to fully analyze due to the language.

Are there any other examples for an ISFj 8w9?

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KanRen View Post
    .......Appears as a very independent and solitary individual. They follow a strict rule of ethics, does not have an interest in changing their environment or people's decisions. Takes on the same internal values of an ISFj but contains a hyper-sensitivity to defending and maintaining their own physical and mental territory. They create a secluded circle of trusties. In addition, strives to maintain harmony and their personal hierarchical power/respect within the circle. Will quickly react in defending their trusties/circle from external offenses. They can appear overly aggressive due to their qualities of 8 defending Fi.
    What you describe seems very core ISFj and not a subclass. All ISFjs usually have autonomy as a prime directive, and this manifests itself in diverse ways; they will conduct themselves to achieve whatever form of independence is important to them. They certainly don't look for solitude but may end up isolated because of circumstance or specific decisions. They will try to change things when their expectations are not being met - first by indirect means but this can easily escalate. I don't see them deliberately creating circles but they can easily fall into one, provided their independence can be maintained; and, they will normally use whatever power they have to defend their values or those close. They can become very aggressive when normal tactics aren't working - some can be violent but this has more to do with how they've been raised.

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    What you describe seems very core ISFj and not a subclass. All ISFjs usually have autonomy as a prime directive, and this manifests itself in diverse ways; they will conduct themselves to achieve whatever form of independence is important to them. They certainly don't look for solitude but may end up isolated because of circumstance or specific decisions. They will try to change things when their expectations are not being met - first by indirect means but this can easily escalate. I don't see them deliberately creating circles but they can easily fall into one, provided their independence can be maintained; and, they will normally use whatever power they have to defend their values or those close. They can become very aggressive when normal tactics aren't working - some can be violent but this has more to do with how they've been raised.

a.k.a. I/O
    @Rebelondeck, I can kind of see the "autonomy" in ISFj's that I know, but I don't see the independence. What I see is, time after time, an ISFj will get himself into a company and won't make waves and will stay put, even (in one case) when abuse is heaped upon them. They can do a quiet burn and complain to their intimates, but they won't speak up about their concerns.
    I imagine, in worst cases, they just quit when it becomes glaringly obvious (and this is usually obvious to others long before the ESI sees it) to them that things didn't turn out the way they had hoped. I've seen one do that and another threaten to ghost.

I've also seen an ESI-Se, probably sx-first and CP e6w7, take minimum wage jobs and quit frequently. At one point, her goal was to go to the west coast and look for a job leading tours through the woods, but she got sick after a few days and had to return home. I assume she's looking for some protected harbor where she can do what she wants, but that seems very different from independence to me.

Can you say something about these forms of "independence"?

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Adam Strange, many people have limited capability or options, and I've seen IFSjs at both ends of the food chain. ISFjs generally know which side of the bread their butter's on and can tolerate great amounts of discomfort; they can be slaves in body but rarely in their minds. They're not ones to develop tunnel vision and will normally have an objective, independent view of most situations and relationships - unswayed by the opinions of others although they may not reveal that. They can be detached and cold but smile sweetly and be polite. However, as practical and realistic of a view that they may have, they don't often consider consequence and they've been known pursue fantasies that they later find out that they don't really want......

a.k.a. I/O

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ISFJ 8w9 doesnt exist

TIM
    ESTp 7w8
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the informational posts @Rebelondeck and @Adam Strange.

When I used the word "independence", I meant more so autonomy. They like to incorporate themselves with others but only when opportunity present itself. If such, they are fine being by themselves.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Se Subtype

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Darth Vader.