Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 93

Thread: SLI: worst sociotype ever?

  1. #1
    Tommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    TIM
    ISTp-0 D sx/sp
    Posts
    2,792
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Unhappy SLI: worst sociotype ever?

    Some delta members have said SLI is nearly the worst sociotype ever.

    Therefore, someone typing you SLI is the worst insult and someone self typing as SLI could be an indicative of low self esteem.

    Here a compilation of the perceived faults:

    +iniquity
    +injustice
    +cheating
    +smugness
    +know it all : the illusion of knowledge
    +clouded and inefficient thinking style
    +ignorance
    +stubbornness
    +touchiness
    +childishness
    +lack of open communication
    +fear of confrontation
    +special snowflake syndrome
    +manipulation
    +prideful
    +malicious
    +fakery
    +untrustworthy
    +unconstructive
    +misunderstood
    +prickly
    +false humility
    +low self esteem: hungry for praise
    +manipulable
    +lonely
    +tight
    +mingy


    What do you think? Have you ever saw some of these in SLIs? SLIs, do you identify with some of these faults?






    Disclaimer: This thread was inspired by the words and posts of some delta members and other things that other users have said in the past who deserve all my respect.
    Last edited by Tommy; 07-29-2018 at 02:29 AM.

  2. #2
    Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Second story
    TIM
    EIE
    Posts
    3,739
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Wow. The worst things I can say about SLIs from that list are that they can be unpredictability touchy and remote. I mean, they don’t respond to Fe so my expectations are low. But I would never think of them as a worst type, what the heck.
    Last edited by golden; 07-29-2018 at 02:17 AM.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

    Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

    LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

  3. #3
    Impermanence para's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,012
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I like SLI. Best thing about them is their relaxed attitude towards physical matters. They're so competent regarding their bodies and the physical, sensory experience, i can only envy them in silent awe.

    Worst thing about them is that they can be very narrow-minded and set in their ways. They have little room for accepting new ways of seeing things, and need probing from a persistent IEE. They will often speak of matters they know very little about, just to have said anything. (at least in my personal experiences)

  4. #4
    ooo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    the bootie
    Posts
    3,632
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm an SLI

  5. #5
    Uncle Ave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,293
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Every type has its flaws, I wouldn't say SLI is worse in that regard. Individual SLIs can have a few of those flaws, so can individuals of any other type.

    I actually get along well with SLI. In my group of four best friends from my hometown, one of the guys was Si-SLI (the other two Fi-ESI and Fe-IEI).


  6. #6
    maniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    TIM
    Fi
    Posts
    3,913
    Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    SLIs are hot

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    TIM
    ERROR
    Posts
    404
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    +iniquity
    +injustice


    This could be faults perceived by Ti valuers. At least I, as a Ti valuer, feel Te valuers hesitate too much on the application of justice as a thing that should be applied by the system. Gammas are into revenge, but it's always a personal justice. Deltas tend to be too forgiving, but that doesn't mean they act in an injust way.

    "3. "Subjectivist" trait (predominance of evolutionary rational aspects +Ti +Fe)
    In accordance with this trait, every person has the right 1) to subjective analysis of events, opinions, and actions 2) to search for "the culpable" and displace them from the system"

    So I think it's weird other Deltas say this, since I perceive the same lack of justice in their mentality.




    +cheating

    HELLOO, hidden agenda?!?! Where are you? I think this isn't an average SLI trait. Surely there could be promiscuous SLIs, but I think that once they find a partner, they just settle down and focus on their true love.



    +smugness
    +know it all : the illusion of knowledge


    That's pretty much how logic types tend to be perceived, and some feelers with some strong logic too (for example I type actually as IEI, but I strongly relate to this).




    +clouded and inefficient thinking style
    +untrustworthy


    I think this could be the way rationals perceive irrationals. But at least you got creative Te to back it up, so your thought appears way less clouded and for sure isn't inefficient.




    +ignorance

    This is so generic, lol. By ignorance they probably intend being too grounded to the material world and not having intellectual and philosophical inclinations. This is a trait I often perceive in other people, but I also realize those people that I tend to dismiss like that have just another inclination. They're probably way more practical than me. I think this is probably just an insult coming from a bitter intuitive. Don't take it seriously, lol.



    +stubbornness
    +tight

    From my experience, the true stubborn and tight people are the rationals. I can't really see where this adjective is coming from. You even have suggestive Ne.




    +touchiness

    Ethics tend to be way more touchy.



    +childishness

    I don't feel like this is type related, but if I have to choose a childish function, of course it's not gonna be Si or Te.



    +lack of open communication

    Well, they're introverts. I think that when they communicate, they tend to be pretty open and clear. Except if it revolves around they're private lives. They're too reserved for that, and there's nothing wrong with that, and doesn't really equate to lack of communication.



    +fear of confrontation


    Hell no. They are not the ones with Se polr. They IGNORE Se, and thus confrontation. They don't care about it, as long as their values ain't hit. At that point they don't fear anything.



    +special snowflake syndrome

    Lol, what? SLIs? They seem like very grounded people that wouldn't lose time feeling special about useless stuff. I think the special snowflake syndrome is more something about Fi and Ni leads, but those are just stereotypes.




    +manipulation
    +fakery


    Pretty much stuff related to unhealthy ethical types.


    +prideful

    More common in Se types.



    +low self esteem: hungry for praise
    +misunderstood
    +lonely


    Slightly more common in introverts. No correlation specifically with SLIs.




    Totally not type related.


    +malicious
    +unconstructive
    +prickly
    +false humility
    +manipulable



    +mingy


    This is way more common in logical types, and in introverts too. So yeah, SLIs are likely to be mingy. The focus on Te productivity would make it even more likely. But I'm pretty mingy too, and I ain't SLI.

  8. #8
    Uncle Ave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,293
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Reyne I agree with almost all of what you wrote.

    My only beef is that SLIs I've known are stubborn, in that you can't reconvince them of anything. Yeah, it might not make sense from a purely theoretical standpoint but just try to change their minds about something and you will see!
    Last edited by Uncle Ave; 07-29-2018 at 02:32 PM. Reason: typo


  9. #9

    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    TIM
    ERROR
    Posts
    404
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avebury View Post
    Reyne I agree with almost all of what you wrote.

    My only beef is that SLIs I've known are stubborn, in that you can't reconvicne them of anything. Yeah, it might not make sense from a purely theoretical standpoint but just try to change their minds about something and you will see!
    That may be because often their beliefs allow them to live comfortably or already have proved to be functional, while novel point of views my shake them up too much and put them out of their comfort zone. When you deliver an information to an SLI it's important to underline the fact that they ain't wrong, and that they ain't gonna lose anything. Just present the new information in a non hostile way that gets them curious.

  10. #10
    Cosmic Teapot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Germany
    TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Posts
    1,247
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    oh boy I know I'm tapping into a Venus flytrap right now - some of the points are from my blog post:
    Anyone who wants to make up his own mind is free to read it.
    Btw - I could write this kind of post about any type - why about the SLI type though? Because I value improvement. I figured when I have a list of problems put together from meeting many different SLIs (who lived different lives and therefore developed their own talents and problem areas) I wouldn't walk blindly through my life. I tend to forget my weak points and make the same mistakes again therefore reminding myself of potential pitfalls helps me become the person I want to be someday.


    That my blog post is part of the reason for a thread called "SLI:worst sociotype ever" is unfortunate and transcends my imagination. I'm sorry if this blog entry has offended anyone - that was not my intention nor goal - however I'm unable to hide my own contempt for the fact that I think that my intentions have been misunderstood.

    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...n-and-Behavior
    Last edited by Cosmic Teapot; 07-29-2018 at 11:42 PM. Reason: corrected word "venus flytrap"

  11. #11
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    North Italy
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    16,449
    Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yes I agree SLI is the worst sociotype ever because they are my supervisor.

    t16t.info 2018 style.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  12. #12
    Tommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    TIM
    ISTp-0 D sx/sp
    Posts
    2,792
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    I'm an SLI
    And I'm an EII

  13. #13
    ooo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    the bootie
    Posts
    3,632
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aki View Post
    And I'm an EII
    that's the lamest type ever.

  14. #14
    Tommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    TIM
    ISTp-0 D sx/sp
    Posts
    2,792
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    that's the lamest type ever.

  15. #15
    ooo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    the bootie
    Posts
    3,632
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


  16. #16
    Tommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    TIM
    ISTp-0 D sx/sp
    Posts
    2,792
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    @Reyne

    Excellent analysis, very detailed and accurate. I actually agree in those could be perceived faults by rationals, possibly Ti about irrational/delta. Anyway, yes, some seem pretty generic and ntr.

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    11,347
    Mentioned
    1043 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aki View Post
    Some delta members have said SLI is nearly the worst sociotype ever.
    either those are not deltas or the ones thought as SLI were not such
    according to IR

    other is the heresy of lame typers
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  18. #18
    thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    8,113
    Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aki View Post
    Some delta members have said SLI is nearly the worst sociotype ever.

    Therefore, someone typing you SLI is the worst insult and someone self typing as SLI could be an indicative of low self esteem.

    Here a compilation of the perceived faults:

    +iniquity
    +injustice
    +cheating
    +smugness
    +know it all : the illusion of knowledge
    +clouded and inefficient thinking style
    +ignorance
    +stubbornness
    +touchiness
    +childishness
    +lack of open communication
    +fear of confrontation
    +special snowflake syndrome
    +manipulation
    +prideful
    +malicious
    +fakery
    +untrustworthy
    +unconstructive
    +misunderstood
    +prickly
    +false humility
    +low self esteem: hungry for praise
    +manipulable
    +lonely
    +tight
    +mingy


    What do you think? Have you ever saw some of these in SLIs? SLIs, do you identify with some of these faults?






    Disclaimer: This thread was inspired by the words and posts of some delta members and other things that other users have said in the past who deserve all my respect.
    SLIs are prickly, and do lack open communication.

    But for the most part, that list is stupid and wrong.

  19. #19
    Raver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Posts
    4,938
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    It depends entirely on the SLI. Some SLIs are the most awful, judgemental and vindictive people you will ever meet. Other SLIs are the most pleasant, easy going and forgiving people you will ever meet.

    Most SLIs will be somewhere in between these two extremes. Socionics has little to no influence in a person's character and other factors come into play.

    That is why when I decide to converse or hang out with an SLI, I look at their character first and foremost, their actual type is of little significance to me unless they got a good character.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

    Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

  20. #20
    Tommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    TIM
    ISTp-0 D sx/sp
    Posts
    2,792
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raver View Post
    It depends entirely on the SLI. Some SLIs are the most awful, judgemental and vindictive people you will ever meet. Other SLIs are the most pleasant, easy going and forgiving people you will ever meet.
    ...could you please share some of your personal experiences about those awful and pleasant SLIs you have met, if you dont mind?

    Socionics has little to no influence in a person's character and other factors come into play.
    would you say then that attaching any kind of negative trait to types would be out of place?

    That is why when I decide to converse or hang out with an SLI, I look at their character first and foremost, their actual type is of little significance to me unless they got a good character.
    yeah, using sociotype as matchmaker would be kinda uncertain, problematic and dubious imo.

    Thanks for your input.
    Last edited by Tommy; 07-30-2018 at 07:16 AM.

  21. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    131
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thread title reminds me of this song.


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mO-OpFjHRbE

  22. #22
    aka Feathers, Penny Dreadful Baboooshka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Behind your tonsils
    TIM
    IEI-Fe 4w3 so/sx(?)
    Posts
    934
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    That song reminds me of another song, which reminds me of the thread title.

    "Time is my horse that stays always my own,
    A helmet’s mask-visor – the grate on a hole,
    The walls are my armor that’s made of the stone,
    My permanent shield is the door’s iron fold.

    Time! I desire to speed your hooves’ rattle!
    My stony armor is heavy to rise on!
    Death, when we’ve come, will help me by the saddle;
    I will dismount and rise up my visor."
    Mikhail Lermontov



  23. #23
    Starvish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    287
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    SLIs are cute and they remind me of cats. I like cats.

  24. #24

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    106
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I also heard they eat babies, bathe in goat blood, leave tea bag filters everywhere, don't change the roll of toilet paper after they used the last one, and try to alter time and space to create a vortex that captures the souls of the innocent.

  25. #25
    Starvish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    287
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ok but real talk I never see people shitting on SLIs. LSE, ESI, and SLE always get shit from what I typically hear. Especially ESIs. Stop bullying them, guys.

  26. #26
    a two horned unicorn renegade Heretic 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    wabbit hole
    TIM
    ILE-C-I
    Posts
    5,072
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah, always collecting pity points.
    Measuring you right now

    Winning is for losers

  27. #27
    Tommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    TIM
    ISTp-0 D sx/sp
    Posts
    2,792
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mio Q View Post
    Ok but real talk I never see people shitting on SLIs. LSE, ESI, and SLE always get shit from what I typically hear. Especially ESIs. Stop bullying them, guys.
    Are you missing them? I can share them with you if you want.

  28. #28
    Tommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    TIM
    ISTp-0 D sx/sp
    Posts
    2,792
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    Yeah, always collecting pity points.
    I find it rather funny, actually.

  29. #29
    Tommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    TIM
    ISTp-0 D sx/sp
    Posts
    2,792
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kara View Post
    I also heard they eat babies, bathe in goat blood, leave tea bag filters everywhere, don't change the roll of toilet paper after they used the last one, and try to alter time and space to create a vortex that captures the souls of the innocent.
    I've heard sli e9w8 are the secret leaders of illegal cannibalistic cults.

  30. #30
    Cosmic Teapot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Germany
    TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Posts
    1,247
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    The questions of the first post where "What do you think? Have you ever saw some of these in SLIs? SLIs, do you identify with some of these faults?"

    Some members have shared their opinion on this constructively and as long as they have the same opinion as you @Aki - you like their posts, hit constructive, don't ask for clarification etc.
    Same goes for those who chose to not answer the questions but fool around with you, make jokes about it and use sarcasm - but those who do not agree with you and could move this thread into a more thoughtful direction, don't get the same treatment. @Raver @Mio Q

    As I see it, this means this thread was not opened for a constructive discussion.
    What's the goal exactly? Because it looks like the type of thread where you want people to tell you what you want to hear. The requirements for an honest discussion are simply not there.

    Instead you ripped words from my blog post and its context and composed a list of "faults"
    And said "Some delta members have said SLI is nearly the worst sociotype ever. " - As for my part - that is untrue. I never said anything like that.

    "Therefore, someone typing you SLI is the worst insult and someone self typing as SLI could be an indicative of low self esteem." - Is your opinion and your interpretation of the matter - not a fact

    You wrote: users "who deserve all my respect" but if this is how you treat people who deserve your respect I feel pity for them.

    I won't lie. I am irritated. I wish you had chosen to discuss this matter with me (and said other members who criticize the SLI type) at eye level.
    You could have written a private message - you didn't.
    You could have left a comment on my blog post and tell me how and why you disagree in a respectful manner - you didn't.
    I wanted to write this to you privately - but that's not possible.

    Aki, I wrote a long and detailed blog entry on the possible problems of SLIs behavior that are, as I wrote at the beginning of it, strictly my viewpoint and based on my experience. I tried my hardest to make the entry as inoffensive as possible - because at this day and age you cannot write anything on the internet without expecting someone to take it personally.
    Ironically, with your thread, with your behavior, your decision to not talk to me openly about it, you confirmed most of my criticism.

    * * *


    For everyone else; these are the words and interpretations that I assume are from my blog post:

    +smugness
    +know it all : the illusion of knowledge
    +clouded and inefficient thinking style
    +ignorance
    +stubbornness
    +touchiness
    +childishness
    +lack of open communication
    +fear of confrontation
    +special snowflake syndrome
    +manipulation
    +prideful
    +malicious
    +untrustworthy
    +unconstructive
    +misunderstood
    +prickly
    +false humility
    +low self esteem: hungry for praise
    +manipulable
    +lonely

    you can read the entry here: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...n-and-Behavior
    and make your own opinion instead of relying on someone else's
    Last edited by Cosmic Teapot; 07-31-2018 at 06:24 PM.

  31. #31

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    106
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aki View Post
    I've heard sli e9w8 are the secret leaders of illegal cannibalistic cults.
    It can't be, I've never met any of them in those circles.

  32. #32
    Tommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    TIM
    ISTp-0 D sx/sp
    Posts
    2,792
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kara View Post
    It can't be, I've never met any of them in those circles.
    its because they are the secret leaders

  33. #33
    aka Feathers, Penny Dreadful Baboooshka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Behind your tonsils
    TIM
    IEI-Fe 4w3 so/sx(?)
    Posts
    934
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    SLIs govern from behind the throne, not on it.
    "Time is my horse that stays always my own,
    A helmet’s mask-visor – the grate on a hole,
    The walls are my armor that’s made of the stone,
    My permanent shield is the door’s iron fold.

    Time! I desire to speed your hooves’ rattle!
    My stony armor is heavy to rise on!
    Death, when we’ve come, will help me by the saddle;
    I will dismount and rise up my visor."
    Mikhail Lermontov



  34. #34
    ooo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    the bootie
    Posts
    3,632
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    aha, this tasted like a bitter youghurt, and I wasn't sure why... apparently the typings that go on in a forum have the power to influence even the Fe polr. thx for sharing your pov Cosmic.

  35. #35

    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    London
    TIM
    ISTp
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi Aki,

    My answers:

    +iniquity - i believe anyone has this potential.
    +injustice - no
    +cheating - yes, very much so all of my youth. It was a weird way to get someone to break up with me, but it made me look like the ar$eh0le
    +smugness - No. People who are smug annoy me alot, it's one of my pet hates.
    +know it all : the illusion of knowledge - Definitely not. Again another pet hate.
    +clouded and inefficient thinking style - Yes, on bad days.
    +ignorance - Urmmm, I can be rather naive with people. As in I can't see their faults until it's too late.
    +stubbornness- Y E S
    +touchiness - I dont like hugs?
    +childishness - Haha, I can be... sometimes, when I'm bored.
    +lack of open communication - Terrible communicator at times yes.
    +fear of confrontation - I like a good fight to clear the area, but sometimes I only fear it because I dont want to hurt the other person... I can be rather hurtful and blunt in my approach.
    +special snowflake syndrome - No idea what this... I know google it...
    +manipulation - Well... again, in my youth I use to play alot of games, to see what I could get away with... nothing too dramatic.
    +prideful - Don't think so.
    +malicious - Depends what someone does to me. Eye for an eye?
    +fakery - hate this in people, I do not do this myself!
    +untrustworthy - I'm not the best at keeping secrets, but you can definetly trust me to deliver your suitcase filled with $100 notes : )
    +unconstructive - No
    +misunderstood - Almost everyday.
    +prickly - I have been told - yes.
    +false humility - haha, maybe?
    +low self esteem: hungry for praise - tough one. on a good day I couldnt care less, on a bad day...well
    +manipulable - I'd hope not.
    +lonely - everyday. but most of my time is spent in good company, my own
    +tight - No, I have helped out friends many a time.
    +mingy - Yup, I can be this at times.

    ....and on a side note...
    who are these Delta members?! and how dare they pigeonhole me??! haha, kidding... I will wait for my sweet sweet revenge....

  36. #36
    Tommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    TIM
    ISTp-0 D sx/sp
    Posts
    2,792
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    aha, this tasted like a bitter youghurt, and I wasn't sure why... apparently the typings that go on in a forum have the power to influence even the Fe polr. thx for sharing your pov Cosmic.
    Its the taste of bitter truth and quadra cheese, probably. She posted more or less the same but with less scorn above, why aha? She said she was entering into a venus trap (ie Aki, you are a carnivorous plant if you say anything to me), well, I got it and I ignored her, still, she's wanting to make some butter from that youghurt, adding some other ingredients (mentions), I guess. Thats not what someone who value self improvement and constructive discussion does for sure.
    Now, two people she mentioned I wasnt giving "constructive" (she's now constructive cop? she gave/gives constructive to posts she doesnt agree with, like for example, mine? guess no, shes unconstructive according her parameters too, then) didnt replied to my op question or points at all, they didnt share experiences with SLIs in the terms they mentioned neither in those from the list above. 17types, Reyne, and hotel did, for example. She's now just angry because most didnt agreed with her "observations" about SLIs. And why is wrong me taking some of those things and asking the forum if their experiences match those when she added a warning against anyone who disagree with her?

    "This isn't a place for bashing but where (as I hope) people can share some honest experiences with representatives of this type. Defensive behavior is not welcome."

    ...well, if its not for bashing anyone, and she values self improvement, constructive discussion and she was asking for honest experiences, why on earth ppl can't freely comment if they agree or not with her observations and why shes so angry at ppl doing it in here or me asking for more input from them?

    So, despite being obvious that she's not wanting ppl to say "hey I disagree" (especially Aki), apparently no one have allowed either to talk about it or anything similar in a thread that doesnt even mentioned her (for the sake of not making this look as some kind of weird confrontation that she's afraid of).

    Plus, I, supposedly should figure out that despite her saying is not interested in "ppl defending themselves" I should direct to her through pms my concernings or differences of opinions. Bullshit. I respected her blog entry comments but she was unable to do the same with me, now shes imagining some hidden grievance because I took some stuff from that. Btw, noyadi was the one saying that SLI was the worst personality ever, I wonder why she believes all is my opinion/interpretation about her words. Shes not so important and she should calm down, after all, if she's right shes right, if shes not, well, thats why I wanted to ask ppl if their experiences matched some of her and others views or not, since mine, obviously are different from hers.

    Finally, I'm perfectly fine with criticism about types, and I like discussion about it. Therefore, I disagree with she limiting others who have different opinions of hers, ie, "deffend themselves". For reference, I found noyadis and her observations amusing, and no, I'm not/wasnt angry about it but certainly curious. I've found her and many many others sayings in this forum certainly amusing, some accurate, some totally out of point.

    Funny she speaks in her entry about hidden grievances and lack of experience with failure.
    Last edited by Tommy; 07-31-2018 at 10:56 PM.

  37. #37
    Raver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Posts
    4,938
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aki View Post
    ...could you please share some of your personal experiences about those awful and pleasant SLIs you have met, if you dont mind?
    I don't want to go into too much detail, but I will say I had a friend for a few years that was SLI that I was forced to cut off because he was severely lacking in the empathy department. I also had a bad experience with a co-worker that was SLI that was also severely lacking in empathy as well, but worse. The ironic thing is I got along with both of them conversationally and felt like it was easy to connect with them, but their lack of empathy made interactions with them unbearable.

    Then there are other SLIs where things are hot and cold with positive and negative aspects with their interactions. Mind you, I've known some very highly empathetic SLIs that are just wonderful people all around and are a joy to be with so I don't want people to get this idea that most SLIs are bad people, just that there are good and bad SLIs like any other type. In the end of the day, Socionics only explains how we communicate with the world around us, it has almost no bearing on our character and morality.

    Also, I should note that all of these SLIs have been males, I rarely am in a position to interact with a female SLI largely because of the environments I am in. I've met a few female SLIs in the past and we got along, but it was only for a momentary period of time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aki View Post
    would you say then that attaching any kind of negative trait to types would be out of place?
    I think it's okay to attach negative traits to types as long as you attach positive traits as well because in the end of the day each type comes with strengths and weaknesses. Personally, I really respect and admire a healthy SLI. It just looks like they got everything that I struggle with in life in order that I want to get better and people also respect and get along with them as well because of that and their kind, but assertive demeanor.

    They also tend to be very easy going and accepting of most situations and just roll with the punches. If they're intelligent then I feel like I can learn a lot from them because they can go into so much incredible detail about a subject that I only have skimmed the surface of.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aki View Post
    yeah, using sociotype as matchmaker would be kinda uncertain, problematic and dubious imo.

    Thanks for your input.
    No problem. Yeah, sociotype is just a piece of the puzzle for finding our soul mates or w/e. To put all your chips into finding your dual and expecting it to work out is just plain crazy. However, if everything else is decent and in order then finding your dual can be one of the best things to happen to you.

    @Cosmic Teapot I had no idea there was this hidden feud going on, I feel so clueless now because I had no idea who some delta members were. Anyways, I was just chiming in honestly on my own personal experience with SLIs and what my take from it was. What was going on behind the scenes was something that I was not aware of.
    Last edited by Raver; 07-31-2018 at 10:57 PM.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

    Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

  38. #38
    Cosmic Teapot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Germany
    TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Posts
    1,247
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    @Raver I'm sorry I made you feel that way. That wasn't my intention.

  39. #39
    Raver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Posts
    4,938
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Teapot View Post
    @Raver I'm sorry I made you feel that way. That wasn't my intention.
    Ah, it's all good, don't worry about it. I was just offering my two cents on the subject of SLIs, no offense was taken at all.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

    Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

  40. #40
    Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Second story
    TIM
    EIE
    Posts
    3,739
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kara View Post
    I also heard they eat babies, bathe in goat blood, leave tea bag filters everywhere, don't change the roll of toilet paper after they used the last one, and try to alter time and space to create a vortex that captures the souls of the innocent.
    Quite suddenly I wanna be Delta.

    On a different topic, I didn’t realize either that there was any kind of real conflict going on around this thread.

    The truth is I’ve had some bad experiences with SLIs, one in particular who was hostile moving toward cruel. One who was crotchety and made me feel unwelcome. One who was frankly not bright, and another who resented me as I had a higher-level job in our organization and she was out for my blood. (@Kara you were on to something, see.)

    BUT the other side of this is these were not bad people per se and there were many things I could respect about them, even that last one. She’d been a cunt, but years later she contacted me out of the blue and I ended up with about 60k worth of work from her new employer thanks to her. Clearly she had thought it over and wanted to make amends. Not everyone will bother to do that.

    I didn’t want to add a lot to the thread because I’m not a Delta and thought I might not be the most fair person to judge what SLIs are like.

    I had to think a bit to actually recall these negative things, which I don’t see as general character issues applicable to a type, tho maybe I could make some generalizations if pressed. I still don’t think this is a worst type.
    Last edited by golden; 07-31-2018 at 11:48 PM.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

    Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

    LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •