Thread: John McAfee

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default John McAfee

John David McAfee (/ˈmækəfiː/MAK-ə-fee;born September 18, 1945) is a British-American computer programmer and businessman. He founded the software company McAfee Associates in 1987 and ran it until 1994, when he resigned from the company. McAfee Associates achieved early success as the creators of McAfee, the first commercial antivirus software, and the business now produces a range of enterprise security software. The company was renamed to Intel Security in 2011 after being purchased by Intel, though the software still retains the McAfee brand name. McAfee's wealth peaked in 2007 at $100 million, before his investments plummeted in the global financial crisis that began that year.
    He is also a political activist who sought the Libertarian Party nomination for President of the United States in the 2016 election, losing to former New Mexico governor Gary Johnson. McAfee also has interests in smartphone apps, cryptocurrency, yoga, and all-natural antibiotics. He resided for a number of years in Belize, but after being suspected of ordering the murder of his neighbor Greg Faull, he left Belize for Guatemala and later returned to the United States in 2013.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_McAfee

Photos:

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I get a Gamma impression from him, something like SEE sx/so the 'fireside' strong sx subtype (3w4?).

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I believe EIE-Ni. I do agree with sx 3w4 for enneagram though.

SEE is interesting, but he doesn't come off grounded in reality enough. He actually comes off quite idiosyncratic and imaginative (). He's also a programmer, into cyber security, crypto, and conspiracy theories, all of which are fairly . Gulenko described EIE as the type most likely to be a "genius". They are usually superb programmers for some reason.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

He is trying to be entertaining and to cultivate an image of an eccentric, but he is going about it in all the conventional ways. I wouldn't say there is anything particularly imaginative about hookers and blow. Programmers come from various backgrounds and don't have to be EIEs.

The things that he says, however, completely violate the requirements for loyalty in LSI-EIE dyad:

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

John McAfee - INFJ - Dostoyevsky (Photo was taken in 1989)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All things combined about him points towards ENTj-Te.

Here is a comparison with a fictional ENTj

gOt Tywin Lannister

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think Jack London should be changed to John McAfee. If this dude is not a dominant subtype I do not what makes one a dominant subtype.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah he's a LIE. his unorthodox and rather bizarre behaviour make me lean towards a creative subtype, though.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by soundofconfusion View Post
    yeah he's a LIE. his unorthodox and rather bizarre behaviour make me lean towards a creative subtype, though.
    He rallies new adventures by connecting people in immediate environment . That is what dominant does. Creative is interested in mental creation by ignoring environment.

Dominant subtype is supposedly the most closely related to antisocial personality traits. Substance abuse is especially common if they fail and if they do not they have probably gotten to the top by using methods that are highly questionable.
    Last edited by The Reality Denialist; 07-07-2019 at 10:55 AM.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fair enough. I haven't read much about him in a while so I can't really say more.

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ohh wow what a badass

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni 8w7 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably Ne-ILE

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

idk all i see is al pacino

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched the documentary. My impression is Creative-Dominant. Hard to decide. Usually Dominants have a "warm" "connecting" "intensive" air about them, but McAfee matches more the Creative dullness / disconnectedness (even though Action is never far away). But I can't really decided.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

He's creative, I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by COVID 007 View Post
    He rallies new adventures by connecting people in immediate environment . That is what dominant does. Creative is interested in mental creation by ignoring environment.
    I know this quote is old, so bear with me.

Does he do that though? Connect people in the immediate environment? From what I know of him, he seems pretty focused in his mind. He doesn't seem double dynamic, but I could wrong.

--------------------------------------------

I still think EIE for his type. I guess I could see LIE but he does seem to value Ti over Te. Especially wrt to his love of conspiracy theories. Most of these conspiracies are likely true, since they concern his own political situation. He's not crazy. He's interested in information that isn't publically available for political reasons, and that seems EIE.

---------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    He is trying to be entertaining and to cultivate an image of an eccentric, but he is going about it in all the conventional ways. I wouldn't say there is anything particularly imaginative about hookers and blow. Programmers come from various backgrounds and don't have to be EIEs.

The things that he says, however, completely violate the requirements for loyalty in LSI-EIE dyad:

This quote (and yes, I know it's old, bear with me, I just felt like reviving this thread) - is he talking about his current marriage? He's basically saying he's in an open marriage/relationship - this doesn't go against beta rational values because he owns up to it, it's part of the relationship. There is nothing in socionics that says beta rationals have to have a trad catholic view of relationships or whatever. If, of course, that's what the quote is referring to.

Also, I am not saying all programmers are EIE, obviously. But being a programmer seems an unusual professional choice for an SEE, at least.
    Last edited by WVBRY; 03-27-2020 at 04:30 PM.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ave View Post
    He's creative, I'd say.

I know this quote is old, so bear with me.

Does he do that though? Connect people in the immediate environment? From what I know of him, he seems pretty focused in his mind. He doesn't seem double dynamic, but I could wrong.

--------------------------------------------

I still think EIE for his type. I guess I could see LIE but he does seem to value Ti over Te. Especially wrt to his love of conspiracy theories. Most of these conspiracies are likely true, since they concern his own political situation. He's not crazy. He's interested in information that isn't publically available for political reasons, and that seems EIE.

---------------------------------------------

This quote (and yes, I know it's old, bear with me, I just felt like reviving this thread) - is he talking about his current marriage? He's basically saying he's in an open marriage/relationship - this doesn't go against beta rational values because he owns up to it, it's part of the relationship. There is nothing in socionics that says beta rationals have to have a trad catholic view of relationships or whatever. If, of course, that's what the quote is referring to.

Also, I am not saying all programmers are EIE, obviously. But being a programmer seems an unusual professional choice for an SEE, at least.
    Hmm.. EIE could be interesting but bit weird especially how he connects to the world around him. He is an odd case anyway.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LIE, the entrepreneur start up type. Jack, always fucking off with the money and then crawling back.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess the other route people want to go with is McCafee chasing windmills. I just don't think this guy needs Mellisa MacCarthy to dualize with.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    I get a Gamma impression from him, something like SEE sx/so the 'fireside' strong sx subtype (3w4?).

The way he breaks his past gf list down is Fi dual seeking as fuck. God they are so dumb. "Feel sorry for me, sycophants, for all my relationship mishaps".

The guns and those frosted tips say bad Si and valued Se. "I'm such a bad ass"

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The guy is way too much of a showman to be Te valuing. I thought ILE before but if you read his Twitter feed he's extremely paranoid and into conspiracy theories. EIE would be the other option.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

John McAfee committed a suicide

He lived an active life all over the globe, pioneered in antivirus (by spreading a virus). He committed a suicide because he couldn't roam around free doing business and puffing up his ego through video sites while being 75 years old. This one alone fits within LIE profile, 110 %.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BrightDemonSheep96 View Post
    Who are you working for?

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aleph View Post
    Who are you working for?
    Well, I don't talk about my LIE slaying business here.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE

and considering his political activism he was more than likely murdered, ya
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BrightDemonSheep96 View Post

He lived an active life all over the globe, pioneered in antivirus (by spreading a virus). He committed a suicide because he couldn't roam around free doing business and puffing up his ego through video sites while being 75 years old. This one alone fits within LIE profile, 110 %.
    But muh deep state

I love that people are theorizing McAfee antivirus. The absolutely shittiest antivurs ever created . Was able to retain any sort of sensitive info from pcs.

Also he's LIE

Quote Originally Posted by Anglas View Post
    idk all i see is al pacino
    Maybe if he had fucked Tony Robins and givem him a baby this is how it would look

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have always had an irrational and intense love for this man. He's a storybook swashbuckler come to life
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

McAfee didn't uninstall itself.
    Last edited by FreelancePoliceman; 06-25-2021 at 09:06 AM.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    McAfee didn't uninstall itself.
    Because it didn't leave any additional crapware in the cell? Clean format?
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AWellArmedCat View Post
    I have always had an irrational and intense love for this man. He's a storybook swashbuckler come to life
    When I first saw his videos, I thought he was an SLE-Ti, but LIE works, too.

SLE and LIE have similarly-dimensioned T and F functions. 4D Te, 3D Ti, 2D Fe and 1D Fi. It's in the S and N functions that they differ, and I'd say that while I think McAfee valued Ti, I also think that @valhalla's post #19, where he saw Se-HA, is an accurate description of the man.

McAfee once said he only feels safe with a gun in each hand, which brings to mind the old Pirate captains who wanted freedom from the British Empire and set up their own democratic society in the Caribbean, and this says LIE to me.

On the other hand, I happen to know a guy who looks and acts a lot like McAfee, except that he's not paranoid, and I type the guy SLE-Ti.

For me, it could go either way, at least until I get more evidence.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 06-25-2021 at 12:03 PM.

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Adam Strange yeah I think what you're saying makes a lot of sense. My gut reaction was that he was SLE-Ti just because I feel drawn to him similarly to how I feel drawn to my dual, but I could definitely see LIE as well. Se being HA definitely seems likely to me too
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILI. I see programmers mostly as introverts and people with disgusting fetishes like his (e.g. pay prostitutes for scat) primarily as introverted and irrational. Clearly, he is a gamma though, strongly Te-valuing. He died hanging himself after being wanted for murder, which seems completely detached from reality and self-contradictory because he is going to die anyways if he gets caught for murder, why bring the ignominy and self-betrayal of hanging himself on himself? Also, why murder someone to begin with?

And this is why instead of getting McAfee Security you should just install Linux, aside from Bill Gates likely being an even worse person and Windows simply not working properly.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine Miasma View Post

Pretty disrespectful and flippant post, tbh. I hope your end is as warm as you are making McAfees out to be. I also think its odd that he suicided following his tweets against the vaccine.