Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Delusional

Which types most and least prone to it?

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most IEI, IEE, EIE, SEI, ESI, ESE, SEE and oddly enough SLE.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Least LSI, EII, LIE, LII.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think we should distinguish between being called delusional and actually being delusional, and the basis for which is shifting depending on values.. everything is real, but rational types have a tendency to not let anything into their "box" which means perceiving types may be dismissed as dellusional. likewise rational types can get programmed with arbitrary rules and restrictions which in turn are seen as delusions by the perceiving types. ultimately delusion becomes a "power" word because whoever controls the territory essentially gets to decide what is what. there are, of course, obvious delusions, but the line between what is obvious and what is simply mass opinion is not so easy to tell. if a person said "I can fly" a lot of that would depend really on what they meant. many of our most dearly held beliefs were once things considered delusional

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah good call.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That sort of answers my questions, thank you.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

mistakes happen the most in weak regions
    the difference between types mb to which kind of delusions they have an inclination

For example, paranoid symptoms (unbased suspicions) mb an N and S types, but S types may to have it as more expressed, more stable, more often. As the understanding of people's motives is weaker at S types.
    While N types may to have worse cases of wrong visions or sounds, where their fantasy, issues in perception, the lesser contact with real world opposing to their dreams - fool them.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

F>T N>S

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I could see how everybody could be prone to delusions in the areas of their weak functions.

@timber I see why some of those types you mentioned would have the stereotype of being delusional, but personally I've seen some of the ones you mentioned as least delusional (LSI, LIE) trust too much in authoritative sources/accepted standards in society, and then regret it later. Those types tend not to listen to the personal experiences of others, even when the lessons derived are relevant.

And in the case of one EII I know, he believes he has 'transcended the ego' because a new age guru told him he had in an aura reading, but now he goes around hanging it over the head of everybody and needing constant validation for it. I went with him to see some of the same gurus he goes to. Afterward I mused out loud that it's likely they're just trying to tell us what they think we want to hear for money--to which he laughed and insinuated that I was delusional.

Edit: people probably get most delusional both in their weak and unvalued functions, when they struggle with evaluating reality effectively, or when they just don't want to consider information regarding that IM.

But it's hard to say whether there's really any type that's prone to it more than others. Like @Bertrand said, it's in the perspective of whoever's examining.
    Last edited by Xaiviay; 07-09-2018 at 04:46 AM.

TIM
    ILE ENTp-Ti
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am tired of this questions like "which type is more" and then something nonsense like too broad, not in context, no way verifiable etc. The point is that the question in first place is wrong. Should be far more specific, e.g. something measurable, concrete etc.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bertrand covered that nicely.

Whenever I have said wow that person is delusional its been those types.