Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you dress on a daily basis and why?

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How do you dress on a daily basis and why?

This is different from the wearable fashion inspo thread...This is not clothes you'd like to wear, but how you actually dress on a daily basis and why? Do you favor certain colors or styles? Do you go for comfort or impact? Do you just wear whatever you grab or are you more choosey? How would you define your personal style?
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

"boring" classical style. it's everyday, not for job only
    a lot of black. mb dark grey or other dark. plain coloring. some blue, grey, black shirts
    slacks, shoes, shirt, pullover, suit, cloak, severe jacket, etc. do not like ties
    the clothes are ironed, clean, shoes creamed
    watches with arrows, quartz, light weighted, not large to be comfortable to wear

simpler or sport style I may use outside of the town

Melodies from Mars~
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I like to wear athletic shorts or black jeans or even jean shorts (cut-off jeans? shants?)

I never liked blue jeans though on myself... it's not bold enough and I for some reason NEED dark bottoms or it looks weird on me. Never liked light colored bottoms

I wear casual comfy tees

But it's not like I wouldn't wear anything else... I just wear what I wear because that's how I grew up

I actually don't wear clothes for comfort which is what I assumed my whole life- it's just me being socially lazy lol

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like a god damn bum.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to wear dresses mostly, as they are quick to put on, they did attract too much attention in my taste, so this summer, I'm just wearing 3/4 pants, tank tops, and long sleeved button up shirts to protect my shoulders from burning in the sun. Cotton, silk, rayon, only natural materials.
    I used to wear lots of black and maybe a touch of colour, yet I recently have started wearing full colour outfits.
    I choose only clothes I find comfortable and pretty. My style is now more casual than flashy, and I am so thrilled by the invisiblility it offers me.
    Some days I look tom boy, others more professionnal, some others more feminine. I have a versatile wardrobe, I think.

It's interesting to see how my clothes choice influences how much I get looked at, or even stopped by people who want to compliment me. I try hard to not give them a reason to disturb me anymore.
    @aster
    How about you?

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Usually dress clothes to work, then just t-shirt and shorts/jeans/sweatpants on the weekend/after work. Nobody creams on my shoes.

TIM
    IEE 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have stopped buying clothes even from op shop, so my jeans mostly have patches in them and my shoes are worn, but good for the environment. I dream of becoming a cobbler and making my own shoes. I make some of my own clothes, shirts, skirts. It's winter here now and I have a few unusual warm jackets from op shop I wear with them, Whatever I am in the mood for or grab I don't spend more than two seconds. I like hats and scarves, I like when they don;t match, like purple. blue, peach scarf with green jacket. or hood coming our of a dressy jacket, or unusual things. I mostly like to wear green, pink, black, maybe red if I feel. I can't wear blue, I am almost afraid of blue, I don't know why. Childhood maybe. I hate the light so i always wear sunglasses going out of the house.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default no socks

Medium-sized crew-neck non-solid-color tee from Express, early/mid 2010s vintage -- one of my main shirts. Textured charcoal most commonly worn color; next burgundy, then almond. BLVCK SCVLE brand shorts; black, with red outline of mercador-esque world map projection encircling the garment. Add wheat-colored Timbs or chocolate-colored Sperrys, a custom brown-with-gold-inlay pair of Oakleys, and tungsten carbide ear studs, and I'm good to go.

As the week rolls on, swap the top or bottom with something olive or deep khaki colored, but rarely both, and never double-olive or double-khaki. No jeans, never jorts.
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

I've been told I have the fashion sense of a dad.

I'm ok with this.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fashionably via some kind of accessory; bracelet, scarf, necklace, or earring.

why?

you look good, ya feel good!

Taking care of your appearance can be very therapeutic.
    Last edited by Computer Loser; 07-08-2018 at 11:52 AM.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

hair shirt and joggers w running shoes

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Non-flashy, usable and comfortable therefore loose/baggy (not in a sense of making a statement). I have learned to wear socks but usually only in the shoes...

When my clothes wear out it goes towards hobo style. I have no issues when it comes to wearing clothes that have gathered few extra holes unless it is in the pockets.

One day someone pulled me back and said: "This lab coat is not good here."
    Last edited by The Reality Denialist; 07-07-2018 at 04:21 PM.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Greasy hair
    Hairy chest
    Wife-beater undershirt / Tank top
    Jesus necklace
    Last edited by xerx; 07-07-2018 at 04:31 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ouronis View Post
    Nobody creams on my shoes.
    try the shoes cream the next time. it should be better after the regular shitting them by the dirt

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I have huge aversion towards visible brands and logos. They should give me money for advertising those clothes or lower prices in cases where logo is visible.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I wear either a long-sleeved shirt or a 15-year-old T-shirt. I like blues and green but also wear reds and oranges. I don't wear yellow. Plaid and/or collared shirts are fine too, but I always button all the buttons.
    I never wear jeans. I wear shorts or slacks or pedal-pushers. Green, lavender, blue, etc. Then in the winter I wear a hat and coat.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

@Director Abbie
    forum's members' photos theme misses the 3rd photo very much

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being dressed well and having a personal style is very important for me. People often comment on my style saying it's eccentric and vibrant. I've even gotten comments like "You look like a person from a fashion magazine," and even my colleges at work ask me if I go out somewhere important after work when I always get dressed so well... Well...nope I don't. I just hate to feel like I'm a part of a crowd and I love to grab attention with my looks.

I would describe my style as alternative, but eclectic. I'm not really part of any movement style wise. I like to combine things from gothic fashion, pastel goths, hipsters, punk/rockers, 90s, vintage, grunge, skater style and boohoo, . When you combine all of these style together, you get an idea about how my style might look like.

I'm not too much into colour, I don't like flowery or feminine things too much. I mostly wear black or really dark colour. Lately I've been trying to add more colour and feminine vibe into my clothing, but I'd still never wear something pink for example. Whenever I feel my clothing is too ordinary I add some extra accessories like rings, necklace, braclet etc... My individual feature are chokers, I always wear a choker! I also love big hats with unusual styling. I also love clothes with spikes.

During a usual day, you'd probably see me wearing some black skirt with vans or converse trainers, some patterned stockings, and a dark t-shirt with an usual pattern, spiked sleeves or a t-shirt of my favourite band, if it's colder outside I usually wear my black lather jacket or blazer.

If the day is more casual, I wear my torn jeans with holes on the knees, or everywhere, I don't care, the more holes the better with a sexi stocking, large lose t-shirt or a really large oversize sweater (I love oversized things) and a flannel shirt.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    I wear either a long-sleeved shirt or a 15-year-old T-shirt. I like blues and green but also wear reds and oranges. I don't wear yellow. Plaid and/or collared shirts are fine too, but I always button all the buttons.
    I never wear jeans. I wear shorts or slacks or pedal-pushers. Green, lavender, blue, etc. Then in the winter I wear a hat and coat.
    You own any dresses or heels?

i like palazzo pants, boxy tops and natural fibers

this is what i go for having the job i have (mango did a good job this year):

i also take pleasure in dressing like a delta nf lady who operates a massage/meditation parlor

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by peteronfireee View Post
    You own any dresses or heels?
    Yeah, I wear dresses on Sundays.
    My feet came with heels, actually.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I suck at choosing clothes. If I want to look fairly decent, I usually ask someone else to pick out some clothes for me, and if the choices aren't too bad, I wear their costumes as a standard outfit for long periods of time.

Right now, I'm wearing a dark blue T-shirt with a Stargazer logo, jeans, and smartwool socks with Asics running shoes. Everything was either given to me or recommended to me on the spot when I went out shopping to buy something.

The person I really admire for her ability to dress well, in a casual but elegant sense, is my SLI ex-wife. But then, she spends a huge amount of time thinking about clothes. (4D Si) I spent some time with her yesterday at a day-long family event where we traveled, shopped for a present, visited friends, attended a birthday party, and then went out for dinner at a restaurant in Oberlin. She wore the same outfit everywhere and managed to always look good. I should have taken a picture, but it was basically like this:
    Skirt: Light blue washed denim, white shirt with flowers hand painted on it using paint that sticks up over the cloth. I don't know how this paint stays flexible. https://i.imgur.com/HL6acdV.jpg
    Sun hat: Like this one, but very pink. https://i.imgur.com/BW5f4gG.jpg All pink, in fact. She even wore it in the car. A couple in another car circled around us on the highway so the woman could get a better look at it.
    Shoes: Kind of like a classic Greek style, like this: https://i.imgur.com/S7H5NzZ.jpg, except they had more and thinner straps. She told me she bought five pair of these in different colors, black, white, bronze....she went on like this for three solid minutes while I tuned out. Honestly, if she devoted as much headspace to physics as she does to coordinating clothes, we'd have time travel by now.

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i usually wear t-shirts with athletic pants, they're relatively loose but they tighten around the ankles (idk what they're called) then it's between sliders and running shoes. i just move around a lot and i move unexpectedly so i need clothes that "breathe". for the most part i make do with whatever i have around. i played a lot of sports when i was younger (and i still hike now) so i think i became accustomed to the comfort and simplicity of athletic attire

i really appreciate this style though

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Casual, comfy, loose fitting clothing. Big T-shirts and shorts usually, with duller tones like grays and browns and blues.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Comfort > practicality > esthetics > everything else (usually nothing)
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

P.S. After years of training, I am finally getting better at not forgetting to zip my shorts.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    Comfort > practicality > esthetics > everything else (usually nothing)
    For sure. If it doesn't feel comfortable I'm not wearing it.

TIM
    ILE ENTp-Ti
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Once friends asked me why I am dressing black. I said I don't know somehow it happened this way. Then I went to work, looked around and everybody wore deep black. So I looked closely at my friend on the left, pure black 100%, on two friends on the right, 100% black as well. So now if such environment if you wear something colourful you look like clown on the meetings. But in another building in different district of the same company everyone wore white shirts.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sometimes overdress on purpose, just to kill monotony and make use of fancy clothes I have but would otherwise need to wait for a special occasion to wear.

Quote Originally Posted by Mio Q View Post
    For sure. If it doesn't feel comfortable I'm not wearing it.
    What many people fail to realize is that if it feels good then most often then not it's going to (make you) look good, and vice versa.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by falsehope View Post
    Once friends asked me why I am dressing black. I said I don't know somehow it happened this way. Then I went to work, looked around and everybody wore deep black. So I looked closely at my friend on the left, pure black 100%, on two friends on the right, 100% black as well. So now if such environment if you wear something colourful you look like clown on the meetings. But in another building in different district of the same company everyone wore white shirts.
    Are you saying you subconsciously pick up on your environment and (are inclined to) blend in?

TIM
    ILE ENTp-Ti
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    Are you saying you subconsciously pick up on your environment and (are inclined to) blend in?
    Well yes, just like everyone else just trying not to look different.

TIM
    IEE 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by falsehope View Post
    It's funny how that happens, I don't know why but the city I live in black for work seems so common. When I used to catch the train into the city I felt strange like a parrot or something (I was a teacher for a bit so didn't have strict dress code.)

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I like to wear clothes that draw attention to my penis.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default actual pic of me and my aforementioned tied-for-fav shorts

p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Nekid

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Mostly power clothing.

For just casual, I wear a lot of tight V-neck t-shirts....solid-colored...tight so it shows off the flat, hard abs and definitions of the upper body, especially my upper chest and shoulders which is just insane, like a pitbull....solid colored so there are no distractions. Throw that on with a pair of jeans, slacks or cargos and sports hat low with my killer teeth grillz. I currently have an undercut so my back and sides are short and the top is longer for a somewhat wild look. But I don't take it skin all the way to the top of my head....rather, I have a lower fade done around my head so if I decide to slick it back into what I gleefully nicknamed the scumbag look, the top appears to blend in.

For sporty casual dress, I'm a status whore (you know the story about when I worked at the retail clothing store lul)...only top of the line shit for me. I will only wear polo, nautica or tommy Hillfiger, never anything bootleg. In high school, me and my friend had a competition (which I started, of course) who could wear a polo, nautica or hillfiger shirt the most days in a row without wearing the same shirt twice. I won that one. obviously Armani and Versace are okay as well, I miss my 400 dollar Versace shirt and 800 dollar Armani. I don't know what the fuck happened to them. I am known for buying up something expensive, wearing it once or twice and then just throwing it on the floor or letting it collect dust. heh. With sporty casual dress, I will typically slick my hair back by hand with the hair gel for, yeah, the wet, slick, sleazy, conniver look. Brushes leave it looking too neat.

For formal/professional, I usually go with darker tones, greys, blacks....I fckin hate the typical light blue tie, white shirt, suit. my preferable business attire is a dark grey dress shirt under a black suit with a black tie with these white argyle-like design in it....it's demonic. I also like, navy blue pants, white undershirt with a silver solid colored necktie and grey sports coat with navy blue designs in it, plus armani exchange sunglasses in the breast sports coat pocket, not no dumbass handkerchief. I slick my hair back too when I dress up...I'm not a big fan of the slicked back wet look with a suit/sports coat so typically like to do it with pomade for that dry finish, like I just rolled out of bed with the shit like that.

I like to slip in something edgy like a switchblade in the gut. hehe. Anything with the word fuck on it has instant nightlife appeal to me. typically hats come in handy for this, like my comme the fuck down hat or, in winter, my hat which reads savage as fuck...but also T-shirts....I have a couple STFU & GFO shirts. I'm also big on sterling silver skull rings (not the cheap crap either)..I'll deck my whole hand out in them.

Oh yeah, I'm big on gold chainz and bracelets, as well, the gaudier and less subtle the better. I had a 105 gram gold-link bracelet that looked fckin' sick...Before that a 90 grammer.
    Last edited by Kill4Me; 07-25-2018 at 03:52 PM.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

that sounds baller as fuck

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I e been wearing the same clothes for years.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tommy hill nautica are retail store brands here. Like two steps above Walmart and no one under 30 wears these brands. Peaked in the 90s

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast