Thread: Will Smith

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always thought of Will Smith as an Se ego. And I definitely think he VI's more similarly to SEEs than IEEs I've known and typed. I also agree with JuJu that IEEs presence/behavior is typically more subdued and understated in comparison to SEEs.

All in all, I think SEE>IEE for Smith's type.
    Last edited by duality is cringe; 03-18-2009 at 05:56 PM.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DeAnte View Post
    I've always thought of Will Smith as an Se ego. And I definitely think he VI's more similarly to SEEs than IEEs.

All in all, I agree that SEE>IEE for Smith's type.
    Ya, me too. Perhaps even ESE > IEE?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you see the movie he personally made with his son? That seemed like a bit of an Fi thing. And I don't really see the Se, unless it's in a character he played, like in Men in Black or Independence Day or something. Though I'll admit to not being an expert on Will Smith. I did watch The Fresh Prince of Bel Aire once upon a time. LOL.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't really watch his movies. My opinion of his type is based solely on video interviews and photos.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    Did you see the movie he personally made with his son? That seemed like a bit of an Fi thing. And I don't really see the Se, unless it's in a character he played, like in Men in Black or Independence Day or something. Though I'll admit to not being an expert on Will Smith. I did watch The Fresh Prince of Bel Aire once upon a time. LOL.
    I also think hes IEE. I have never had an actor mirror my values so much as he seems to in his movies. When he was with his son in the subway and he pretended dinosaurs were there, and when he told him that he could be anything i think that was IEE > SEE. His movies are incredibly Fi laden i think. With that being said he is following a script, but yeah i can definately see IEE for him. Any apparent Se that he has i think can be acted i think. Theres a difference between acting tough in movies and being tough in real life.
    Last edited by meatburger; 03-19-2009 at 05:35 AM.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Will Smith is not IEE.

Here I will quote Smith directly to finally prove that he is most definitely not an IEE.

"I consider myself to be of basically average talent, right? What I have that other people do not have is a sick, obsessive, raw animal drive."

Clear ego.

"People are responsible for their own actions. There was a case [in Texas] where the kid was trying to say a Tupac record made him shoot a police officer. That is the most ridiculous assertion I've ever heard in my life. A record can't make you do anything. I can relate to the emotion. I remember being young and coming out of a Bruce Lee movie and being hyped. We're jumping around and kicking each other, but a Bruce Lee movie can't make me get into a fight. We, as individuals, have to take responsibilities for our actions."

"It's difficult to be successful without structure and discipline. ... You have to put that concept into anything you do, any type of relationship you want to be successful in."

"Jada and I have problems; everybody has problems. People ask, "What happens if you made a mistake?" Well, you should be a little more careful before you stand up in front of God and your family and friends and say, "Till death do us part."

"Raw animal drive" combined with consistent emphasis on self discipline and holding oneself to high internal moral standards. + .

"My father always said, "No plan B. It distracts from plan A." Life is lived on the edge. You definitely gotta have the balls for it. We were raised with the concept of trying to save money, and I'm telling you, no, spend every dime on whatever your dream is. Don't have a dime in the bank. Whatever your dream is, every extra penny you have needs to be going to that."

devaluing and valuing.

"...I truly, honestly believe that if I chose to be the President of the United States, I could. You know, there's this wonderful delusional quality that I have that, I think, most successful people have to have. You have to believe in the impossible."

Consistent mentality of prioritizing achievement, accomplishment, and goal setting for the sake of it is inconsistent with / quadra values, ruling out Delta or Alpha. Ambitiously and constantly driving toward a new goal and direction is not . is about grasping the essence of something tangible, and discovering hidden potential. is not about consistently achieving tangible results because it's not the point of . cannot lead to long lasting results or feelings of accomplishment without being grounded by . If anything, Smith would only feel stiffled by .

"I don't even know what it is, but I just know that there is influence that I can have, and I want to find a direction."

-seeking.

I focus on my relationship with Jada like a soldier. You've got to work at it. When we're together, I'm her mate, I'm her security guard, I'm her cook. I'm everything. I get turned on by working 16 hours, then completely drained coming in the house and taking the baby for an hour from her; that makes me feel strong. You have to focus on everything in your life with that type of military intensity."

There is absolutely no evidence what-so-ever that Will Smith is valuing/seeking and nor is his wife, Jada, -leading. Jazzy Jeff is probably INTp.

Observe Smith here On the surface, it may appear that Smith is refering to , but that's only because it's devaluing combined with . Mere mention of words like "idea, possibility," or "dream" are not intrinsically related to Ne either.

No IEE I've ever known carries themselves in the cocky, forceful manner that Smith does or speaks the way Will Smith does naturally. Also, I can't imagine Smith's demeanor not eventually tiring out an SLI. I can easily see why many Se super-id's would feel somewhat activated by Smith's very presence. In conclusion, Will Smith is blatantly SEE, probably an Fi subtype, which might explain why so many self typed IEEs feel they identify with him.

I know my dual and Smith isn't it. Last I remember, Winterpark, a blatant SLI-Si, agrees with me.
    Last edited by duality is cringe; 05-12-2009 at 03:36 AM.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I completely concur on SEE. He's my friend's identical. Still, I can't help but lollingly remember the Fresh Prince theme song.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jada Pinkett Smith (Will Smith's wife) is irrational, introverted, and non--leading. She's INTp.

Compare her facial structure to this INTp.

DJ Jazzy Jeff, also INTp.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can handle SEE. Just so long as no one tries to claim he isn't an Fi type. And those quotes do seem Se so I will concede that he is probably SEE rather than IEE.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This typing (SEE) matches my own unthoughtout, subconsciously assumed impression, only with much more thinking!

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DeAnte
    Compare her facial structure to this INTp.

DJ Jazzy Jeff, also INTp.

Humor?

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post

Humor?
    No. I'm sending you a friend request.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No. I'm sending you a friend request.
    LMAO.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last I remember, Winterpark, a blatant SLI-Si, agrees with me.
    Since when am I a blatant Si subtype???

I feel heavily hurt and offended.

I will be waiting for my apology. K? Bye. And die.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

he is ILE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    he is ILE
    You mean Winterpark? He's certainly attracted to them.
    -
    It's Binky bitch.
    See not the unsmiling lips and icy eyes,
    And hear not the silence after.
    Look instead as the mime hypnotizes
    And listen to the laughter

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Binky View Post
    You mean Winterpark?
    I meant Will Smith.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol.
    -
    It's Binky bitch.
    See not the unsmiling lips and icy eyes,
    And hear not the silence after.
    Look instead as the mime hypnotizes
    And listen to the laughter

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Other versions are funny for me too.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have changed my mind about Smith, I think he's either an Alpha Extrovert or IEE. The first post in this thread says pretty much nothing to me as the quotes are interpreted very subjectively and the approach DeAnte's using is very narrow and absolutist, as usual.

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In other words, Winterpark just watched Smith's "Summertime" and "Just Cruisin" music videos and now refuses to believe Will Smith could be anything other than Si/Ne valuing.

Feel free to quote search yourself and interpret them as you wish. We are all on pins and needles.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In other words, Winterpark just watched Smith's "Summertime" and "Just Cruisin" music videos and now refuses to believe Will Smith could be anything other than Si/Ne valuing.
    That's partly true, yes. Good observation. Those clips are indeed Si/Ne, as well as this one: (though not as much)

I also read two full interviews and watched a few episodes of the Fresh Prince of Bell Air yesterday. There's also these two people he really begins to remind me more and more of, one is an ENTp friend of mine and the other is a guy who claims to be ENFp... So I was stating my overall impression atm.

Feel free to quote search yourself and interpret them as you wish. We are all on pins and needles.
    Yes, of course. But while I get your point, I disagree with the "pins and needles" analogy which I find pretty much unneeded.
    Last edited by Park; 05-09-2009 at 02:26 AM.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ephemeros View Post
    @DeAnte: I agree he looks more like Se valuating.
    Se valuatening it is. I give up.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that his quote "I want to represent an idea, I want to represent possibilities, I want to represent 'magic'..." (in that video) is more about intuition, and more importantly, Beta NF ideals. Beta Ni is about... something (exciting or foreboding) that happens in the future.

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Is he e6?

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SEE 3w2 most likely

President of WSS Jack Oliver Aaron's Avatar
    TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jockl View Post

... his seemingly boundless energy making fun, always exaggerating good mood and happy face. Seems someone puts just the "make fun" trigger on him and then he couldn't be turned of for 3 days.
    Just from that alone, it is enough to give him a reasonably sure typing of ESE. IEEs value Extroverted Logic, they prefer the matter-of-fact delivery of accurate information, rather than emotional exaggeration of Extroverted Ethics.
    Founder & President of World Socionics Society
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/worldsocionicssociety

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    will smith taught the dog whisperer how to speak english
    dog whisperer is SEE-Fi. i think Will smith too btw.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Intuitive

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will Smith - ISFJ - Dreiser

Last edited by khcs; 01-31-2020 at 06:32 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by khcs; 01-31-2020 at 06:32 PM.

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE-Ti seems likely, given the facts that his mother was an administrator and his father an engineer, SEEs aren't all that likely to be administrators without trying to be politicians and are even less likely to be refrigerator/refrigeration engineers (a lot of people overlook characteristics about their parents when typing people; parental characteristics should be looked at when trying to type someone IMO). SEEs usually aren't that charming or smooth and they're more domineering and they can get pretty angry, Will Smith doesn't seem to get real angry and his smile seems kind of forced (though he does smile a lot in photos for an ILE-Ti). Kanye West seems more like an SEE than Will Smith does (though I'd have to look up his parents' occupations to have a better idea), and Will Smith seems much less angry and much less hurt and much cooler and much more gentle than West does.

I'm open to SEE, but ILE-Ti seems more likely, SEEs aren't usually that playful or charming in the way Will Smith is or always happy looking and they seem like they get angrier, there are no reports I know of where Will Smith lost it. I really haven't seen him in much though and I haven't really seem him move much. Tina Fey has those classic ILE-Ti movements (like when she runs off the screen in the video where she's talking about playboy) and facial expressions (especially her photo on IDRlabs.com under the INTP section) that are just as charming and sexy as her humor and she comes across as very feminine.

SEE can resemble ILE-Ti though even in appearance and on stage, when performing except ILE-Ti are more likely to have those cute and sexy clumsy movements. SLE-Se and SLE-Ti don't look as 100% as elegant or feminine when performing as ILE-Ti does (compared to the ILE-Ti and SEE, SLE are more repetitive and change their tactics less, they cycle less, and are just trying to get their way, and when they appear arrogant or boast, you can tell that they can't judge talent all that well, that their insights were picked up from somewhere else if they're right and are often wrong if they came up with them themselves, they don't engage the audience as well as elegantly probably because they're declaring rather than asking), the former just, SLE just look, more masculine and less natural when seeking attention (usually) compared to ILE-Ti, their crudeness can be feminine, but it's not as logical-sounding, feminine sounding as the ILE-Ti's crudeness. Also, SEE and ILE speak with more precision, have less redundancy than SLE do. SLE are one of my favorite types, but their work isn't anywhere near as good as they think it is (it's better than mine though), Newt Gingrich being one of the very worst on that, some of his things I listen to and watch (though I usually disagree with him), but they're really mediocre at best. I supported Ron Paul, then several years after he left congress, I became disillusioned with him because he or managers of all these things he set up kept asking for money and I was wondering why he did it. During that time I became disillusioned with him, I kind of thought maybe Gingrich was right about some things, but then the more I payed attention to him, the more I realized he was wrong and that his ideas still were not anchored in reality and that he really wasn't scientific or methodical or technical or stylish or accurate at all. Trump was a little bit better and more anchored in reality than Newt Gingrich, but he still has that SLE shit where he sometimes doesn't have much idea which "brains to borrow" or can't (because the very brightest minds haven't wanted to work with him though they probably wouldn't work for me for long either) or is too unyielding and thinks his ideas and reasoning are the best or that he knows and understands as much as he acts like he does. But, he did fire Bolton which was great and he did pick Mike Pence and Pence would make a better President than Trump (other than his support for war with Iran, when it's obvious that they're not a threat to the U.S.A., attacking them is unethical, and going to war against them, especially if Trump did it, would be costly to America; Pence could probably do it with less risk and more efficiency, but again there is no proof that they want to attack the U.S.A, as Bolton's views were too one sided, unrealistic, and neglected too many facts and many, many highly intelligent libertarians like Ilana Mercer and her followers and Ron Paul are saying don't do it and some of them like Stephan Kinsella seem to believe that radical decentralization of political power and cooperation of some kind could work well when it could; they did in the past; we haven't had any recent dispassionate presidents who favored cooperatism, radical decentralism, and who had the originality, intuition of possibilities, knowledge and thorough understanding of history, and ability to determine cause and effect and why the government is so aggressive and why it shouldn't be, and who weren't my country right or wrong kind of people; that's the biggest problem we have is our leaders tend to think our country will always be right; the other countries certainly aren't right all the time either, but given the power we have had, we've abused it both against the U.S.A. and the rest of the world; I have some hope that will change though and that we will return to and stay with radical decentralization of political power or at least more sensible and ethical and less aggressive and ultimately more safe foreign policy).
    Last edited by Disturbed; 01-31-2020 at 02:57 AM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will Smith - ISFJ - Dreiser

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI-Fe, (maybe ILE as possible alternative type)

He has an awkward physical presence about him, like its not EJ, it's relaxed and ineffectual almost. There's very little signs of strong Se and Jada finds it very easy to be around him. He comes across as slow moving aswell. He is a Fe valuer for sure, probably beta because he enjoys being in atmospheres similar to what a beta enjoys. He is the opposite of a Gamma or Delta.

Jada is extremely likely the same type as Fiona Apple and Tupac. She's possibly EIE-Ni or IEI.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post
    ILE-Ti seems likely, given the facts that his mother was an administrator and his father an engineer, SEEs aren't all that likely to be administrators without trying to be politicians and are even less likely to be refrigerator/refrigeration engineers (a lot of people overlook characteristics about their parents when typing people; parental characteristics should be looked at when trying to type someone IMO). SEEs usually aren't that charming or smooth and they're more domineering and they can get pretty angry, Will Smith doesn't seem to get real angry and his smile seems kind of forced (though he does smile a lot in photos for an ILE-Ti). Kanye West seems more like an SEE than Will Smith does (though I'd have to look up his parents' occupations to have a better idea), and Will Smith seems much less angry and much less hurt and much cooler and much more gentle than West does.

I'm open to SEE, but ILE-Ti seems more likely, SEEs aren't usually that playful or charming in the way Will Smith is or always happy looking and they seem like they get angrier, there are no reports I know of where Will Smith lost it. I really haven't seen him in much though and I haven't really seem him move much. Tina Fey has those classic ILE-Ti movements (like when she runs off the screen in the video where she's talking about playboy) and facial expressions (especially her photo on IDRlabs.com under the INTP section) that are just as charming and sexy as her humor and she comes across as very feminine.

SEE can resemble ILE-Ti though even in appearance and on stage, when performing except ILE-Ti are more likely to have those cute and sexy clumsy movements. SLE-Se and SLE-Ti don't look as 100% as elegant or feminine when performing as ILE-Ti does (compared to the ILE-Ti and SEE, SLE are more repetitive and change their tactics less, they cycle less, and are just trying to get their way, and when they appear arrogant or boast, you can tell that they can't judge talent all that well, that their insights were picked up from somewhere else if they're right and are often wrong if they came up with them themselves, they don't engage the audience as well as elegantly probably because they're declaring rather than asking), the former just, SLE just look, more masculine and less natural when seeking attention (usually) compared to ILE-Ti, their crudeness can be feminine, but it's not as logical-sounding, feminine sounding as the ILE-Ti's crudeness. Also, SEE and ILE speak with more precision, have less redundancy than SLE do. SLE are one of my favorite types, but their work isn't anywhere near as good as they think it is (it's better than mine though), Newt Gingrich being one of the very worst on that, some of his things I listen to and watch (though I usually disagree with him), but they're really mediocre at best. I supported Ron Paul, then several years after he left congress, I became disillusioned with him because he or managers of all these things he set up kept asking for money and I was wondering why he did it. During that time I became disillusioned with him, I kind of thought maybe Gingrich was right about some things, but then the more I payed attention to him, the more I realized he was wrong and that his ideas still were not anchored in reality and that he really wasn't scientific or methodical or technical or stylish or accurate at all. Trump was a little bit better and more anchored in reality than Newt Gingrich, but he still has that SLE shit where he sometimes doesn't have much idea which "brains to borrow" or can't (because the very brightest minds haven't wanted to work with him though they probably wouldn't work for me for long either) or is too unyielding and thinks his ideas and reasoning are the best or that he knows and understands as much as he acts like he does. But, he did fire Bolton which was great and he did pick Mike Pence and Pence would make a better President than Trump (other than his support for war with Iran, when it's obvious that they're not a threat to the U.S.A., attacking them is unethical, and going to war against them, especially if Trump did it, would be costly to America; Pence could probably do it with less risk and more efficiency, but again there is no proof that they want to attack the U.S.A, as Bolton's views were too one sided, unrealistic, and neglected too many facts and many, many highly intelligent libertarians like Ilana Mercer and her followers and Ron Paul are saying don't do it and some of them like Stephan Kinsella seem to believe that radical decentralization of political power and cooperation of some kind could work well when it could; they did in the past; we haven't had any recent dispassionate presidents who favored cooperatism, radical decentralism, and who had the originality, intuition of possibilities, knowledge and thorough understanding of history, and ability to determine cause and effect and why the government is so aggressive and why it shouldn't be, and who weren't my country right or wrong kind of people; that's the biggest problem we have is our leaders tend to think our country will always be right; the other countries certainly aren't right all the time either, but given the power we have had, we've abused it both against the U.S.A. and the rest of the world; I have some hope that will change though and that we will return to and stay with radical decentralization of political power or at least more sensible and ethical and less aggressive and ultimately more safe foreign policy).
    Kanye is not SEE. One of the most idealistic and visionary music artists of all time an SEE? SEEs don't act as dissatisfied with current reality as he does plus they prefer to enjoy the moment and aren't necessarily aware how their future pan out. Kanye is extremely future focused. He even criticises Se all the time in his music.

Kanye is the opposite of a SEE rapper, SEE rappers are usually more instinctive and in the moment, their subject matter of music is very different.

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kanye is an SEE creative subtype
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Men in Black is a benefactor SEE, beneficiary LSE relationship. Or even Activators LIE and SEE.

MIB 3 is the same dynamic as before SEE + LSE. But NOT activators.

MIB International is a mirror SEE and ESI relationship. Or Supervisor ESI and SLE. Or identicals at both SEE.

Last edited by timber; 02-16-2020 at 02:05 AM.

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast