Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 160

Thread: Could Delilah be IEE?

  1. #1
    Delilah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    TIM
    EII-Ne
    Posts
    1,403
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Could Delilah be IEE?

    Comment please.

    Btw, IEE is what i self-typed when i used the forum some years ago (posting as He Died with a Felafel) and had kept that self-typing for several years.

    Recent circumstances in my life made me doubt that, hence the move to ESI, but i think those indices that made me decide ESI might have been rather the exception and not the norm (wondering this recently)

    Thank you.
    "Inasmuch as it is nothing but pure communicability, every face, even the most noble and beautiful, is always suspended on the edge of an abyss"

  2. #2
    Bertrand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    5,936
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    gulenko says its standard for people to shift toward their semi dual as they mature, so that could explain a lot. not saying you're base SEI, but that sol's SEI typing and your confusion (with ESI) might be a result of base IEE moving in that direction but not knowing entirely what to make of it. since learning to use more sensing and nevertheless being Fi and having holographic cognition might all seem like ESI traits etc

  3. #3
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    5,249
    Mentioned
    657 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    1. Are you dreaming about the future or focused on the present?
    2. Are you more of a positivist or a negativistic?
    3. Are you an Aggressor or a Care-receiver?

  4. #4
    Delilah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    TIM
    EII-Ne
    Posts
    1,403
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    gulenko says its standard for people to shift toward their semi dual as they mature, so that could explain a lot. not saying you're base SEI, but that sol's SEI typing and your confusion (with ESI) might be a result of base IEE moving in that direction but not knowing entirely what to make of it. since learning to use more sensing and nevertheless being Fi and having holographic cognition might all seem like ESI traits etc

    I've never heard of this theory of Gulenko. Well for me pretty much anything dynamic is quite foreign to be quite honest, and that includes Si.

    In my most recent struggle with socionics (re: type) I basically narrowed it down to IEE and ESI, maybe because both are holographic.

    For me Fe is also quite unusual, so like things like changing my own emotional state or the emotional state of others is really something that doesn't even cross my mind, nevermind act on it. So if i feel say down and out, i have no way of changing that inner emotional state or even the inner dynamics (Si). When someone else feels that way i usually in turn I just listen and don't try to mess with their inner state at all. I usually listen, ask a few questions, then listen some more and also feel very sorry that the other person is in a bad situation and empathize a lot (like i genuinely feel their misery and it even gets me personally down).

    I guess the thing that is still elusive to me is rationality (maybe i'm a rational subtype?). I also have no doubt that i am a serious type (i seek the common sense, someone who can offer me cause-effect analysis even, the world as it is i try to see if i can approach it rather than merrily wish it away). Does this make sense?

    Thanks for your thoughts btw, I really appreciate it.
    "Inasmuch as it is nothing but pure communicability, every face, even the most noble and beautiful, is always suspended on the edge of an abyss"

  5. #5
    Delilah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    TIM
    EII-Ne
    Posts
    1,403
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    1. Are you dreaming about the future or focused on the present?
    2. Are you more of a positivist or a negativistic?
    3. Are you an Aggressor or a Care-receiver?
    These are the tough ones, Adam.

    I am not sure about #1, a bit of both. With #2 it is also a bit of both, though i try to be positive i rather suspect that is different from what the dichotomy means;
    and regarding #3 I am feeling further away from aggressor.

    I had thought that my Se is not that weak, yet i have to compare it with other types to know it. So i was thinking about this SEE that i used to be friends with, and she very much seeks fame and fortune lol silly as that sounds, like some version of glamour and high life and goes after it full heartily and by comparison i am not like that. So i feel like i like this SEE, yet i prefer to maintain my distance from her.

    Does this shed any light on what you are looking to get at?

    Thanks
    "Inasmuch as it is nothing but pure communicability, every face, even the most noble and beautiful, is always suspended on the edge of an abyss"

  6. #6
    Delilah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    TIM
    EII-Ne
    Posts
    1,403
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Oh, and in terms of being a care-receiver, I pretty much try to take care of myself. I live alone and don't depend on anyone and don't expect people to cater to me (though i wouldn't turn my nose to someone offering help or w/e out of their own kindness )

    @squark, @Zero, @Avebury, @ashlesha, @FDG, @Tallmo, @Rebelondeck, @woofwoofl, @Raver, @Aramas, etc etc

    C'mon folks, be heard on this very important life-altering decision!
    "Inasmuch as it is nothing but pure communicability, every face, even the most noble and beautiful, is always suspended on the edge of an abyss"

  7. #7
    Ragdoll Lynx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    TIM
    0-D ISTp sx/sp
    Posts
    2,631
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    nope. Not Ne.

  8. #8
    Aramas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    United States
    TIM
    EII-Ne
    Posts
    1,236
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Oh, and in terms of being a care-receiver, I pretty much try to take care of myself. I live alone and don't depend on anyone and don't expect people to cater to me (though i wouldn't turn my nose to someone offering help or w/e out of their own kindness )

    @squark, @Zero, @Avebury, @ashlesha, @FDG, @Tallmo, @Rebelondeck, @woofwoofl, @Raver, @Aramas, etc etc

    C'mon folks, be heard on this very important life-altering decision!
    I feel more of an IJ Fi valuing vibe from you than anything else after reading your posts. I could be wrong, but that's my current impression. I haven't decided on whether you prefer Ne or Ni though.

    My first instinct when I encountered your posts is that you were Delta. But that was random and probably just based on your username and style of your avatar and posts. I could be wrong. In your first post of the thread, you begin with "Comment please." That seems like a declaring attitude. Isn't EII declaring, or am I mistaken?

  9. #9
    Haikus niffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Posts
    2,815
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think it’s really unlikely. You seem to have more of a down to earth “one on one” kind of temperament to you and interaction style with others on here, which is “sincere” and 4D Fi.

  10. #10
    Number 9 large's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Baking bread
    TIM
    ESTP 7w8
    Posts
    2,724
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Nah

  11. #11
    Uncle Ave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,466
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Are you good at evaluating people's potential and talents?

    Edit: To answer my own question, I don't think you are into evaluating potential btw, you seem really "down to earth" and interacting in a one-on-one kinda way which doesn't seem IEE, like @niffer said, plus you describe people according to individual traits, which seems democratic rather than aristrocratic. Delta aristocracy is real easy to spot btw, it's always the "I'm one of those high class, educated, well mannered type folks", lol. Gamma is much more down to earth.
    Last edited by Uncle Ave; 06-07-2018 at 11:22 AM.

  12. #12
    Guillaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    TIM
    IEE 4w5 sx/so
    Posts
    394
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    only from your written voice you sound more esi maybe fi subtype to me. Also you seem more asking vs declaring. I have no idea about your lifestyle.
    Do you change your mind at the last minute, is your career all over the place, do you often make things up as you go along, do you get excited when you see a pile of rubbish because of what could be in there, are you drawn to bums and loners and odd people because of what stories might be behind them, do you find it hard to know which bits to leave in and which to leave out when explaining something and often think later you should have added something crucial and then they would have understood, are you good at learning languages and being thrown in the deep end? Do you want to swish over the details and focus on the big picture? Is being neat rather than messy a huge effort? These are iee=ish things to me i guess.

  13. #13
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    5,249
    Mentioned
    657 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guillaine View Post
    only from your written voice you sound more esi maybe fi subtype to me. Also you seem more asking vs declaring. I have no idea about your lifestyle.
    Do you change your mind at the last minute, is your career all over the place, do you often make things up as you go along, do you get excited when you see a pile of rubbish because of what could be in there, are you drawn to bums and loners and odd people because of what stories might be behind them, do you find it hard to know which bits to leave in and which to leave out when explaining something and often think later you should have added something crucial and then they would have understood, are you good at learning languages and being thrown in the deep end? Do you want to swish over the details and focus on the big picture? Is being neat rather than messy a huge effort? These are iee=ish things to me i guess.
    @Guillaine, I have an IEE-Ne sister-in-law and this describes her very, very well.
    On the other hand, I know an IEE-Fi and she's a bit more organized. But it probably still mostly applies, since she works as a bookkeeper and I think she likes looking at receipts and imagining the stories behind them.

  14. #14
    Rebelondeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,074
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Did my description of IEE ring a bell? I've made quite a few comments on ESI and posted an uncovered profile so is anything applicable? I find it almost impossible to determine types in public forums because most have public faces, which aren't completely them. There's a saying: you are the only one who can determine who you really are.

    a.k.a. I/O

  15. #15
    Guillaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    TIM
    IEE 4w5 sx/so
    Posts
    394
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    @Guillaine, I have an IEE-Ne sister-in-law and this describes her very, very well.
    On the other hand, I know an IEE-Fi and she's a bit more organized. But it probably still mostly applies, since she works as a bookkeeper and I think she likes looking at receipts and imagining the stories behind them.
    Ha ha, right, ok, good to know. That's my subtype then, I suspected as much. I'm still getting a handle on the fi subtype and what it looks like in real life I have one friend who I am tossing up between fi-iee and ese. Yes they are more stable I think and a bit more people focused, stronger sp traits less absent-minded professor-ish but still enjoy writing and language and witty, like to tease.

  16. #16
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    5,249
    Mentioned
    657 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guillaine View Post
    Ha ha, right, ok, good to know. That's my subtype then, I suspected as much. I'm still getting a handle on the fi subtype and what it looks like in real life I have one friend who I am tossing up between fi-iee and ese. Yes they are more stable I think and a bit more people focused, stronger sp traits less absent-minded professor-ish but still enjoy writing and language and witty, like to tease.
    There is quite a contrast between the two sub-types, IME. My SLI-Te son thinks his IEE-Ne aunt is random and irritating, but they actually work quite well together. I'm trying to get him to talk to the IEE-Fi so he can see what they are like, since I can see that they are really, really well matched from a dispositional standpoint, but he's doing the normal SLI-Te thing and running away at any suggestion he pay attention to women. (He's for sure not gay, he's just extremely guarded. The idea of sharing his life in a relationship terrifies him. I haven't figured out why yet. He's not avoidant in the normal sense with anyone else.)

    I think he could be lured into something with an offer to take a short trip to some place he already likes. He's fantastic at organizing trips and has been all his life.

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Posts
    348
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guillaine View Post
    Ha ha, right, ok, good to know. That's my subtype then, I suspected as much. I'm still getting a handle on the fi subtype and what it looks like in real life I have one friend who I am tossing up between fi-iee and ese. Yes they are more stable I think and a bit more people focused, stronger sp traits less absent-minded professor-ish but still enjoy writing and language and witty, like to tease.
    Based on your description and Adams I'm probably Fi subtype (I relate to your descriptions except for career part because I'm still not there), I look organized and stable but my room and my thoughts are messy and I don't settle on one thing easily. I think I'm more people focused even though I'm not that sociable (not there) because I don't speak except if the subject/person interests me. I often get told that I open my eyes very wide when I'm just looking, when I'm talking, I look very silly because I cannot hide the excitement so I try to look down so they don't look wide when talking (eeeer emberassing). I also might be enneagram 2w1. I tend to shift between being quiet and being cheerful.

    @Delilah I'm friends with an ESI-Fi, she's more interested in her own world and doesn't feel the need to expand outside of herself, she doesn't care about what people think of her except for her close ones when me even though I try to keep my cool but inside I feel like I'm all over the place, I'm a bit troubled (social anxiety, low self-confidence). She sometimes doesn't understand where people are coming from, we had many conversations when she had "bad" idea about someone's personality when I try to turn the table and correct her thoughts. She gives me the impression of a moralistic person from the greek mythology. When I think I have a more lighthearted attitude and tend to make people feel less judged.

  18. #18
    Bertrand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    5,936
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    @Guillaine, I have an IEE-Ne sister-in-law and this describes her very, very well.
    On the other hand, I know an IEE-Fi and she's a bit more organized. But it probably still mostly applies, since she works as a bookkeeper and I think she likes looking at receipts and imagining the stories behind them.
    counterpoint: these sound like a bunch of shallow behavioral stereotypes that are practically worthless

    people spend years trying to figure out not only what they are but what types are and its like lol I'm messy = IEE. its like gtfo you haven't even begun to ask the question. its reddit tier MBTI

  19. #19
    falsehope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    TIM
    ILE ENTp-Ti
    Posts
    440
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    But that would be 180 degrees turn from Ne PoLR to Ne ego. And from introvert to extrovert. I usually prefer making smaller steps. Maybe try EII or SEE.

  20. #20
    Bertrand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    5,936
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    yeah well first of all she initially typed as Ne ego, so lets not start with ESI as baseline

    if we're taking small steps by your logic it would be "try ILE or EII" (kindred or mirror). I think EII is possible, but I will say that the one IEE I know continually entertains doubts and thinks she could be EII, so it would not be unusual to be an IEE thinking you could be EII. I think this sort of thing is continual because of the persistent socially outgoing meme determining extroversion. IEEs can be super introverted. sort of like how SLE Ti barely talks and is all shadowy in general. I would argue Fi subtype IEEs are going to be one of the most introverted appearing types of all. this idea that they're gregarious misunderstands how it manifests because second function is inner directed so, despite notions of "contact" as outgoing, which it isn't if the function is introverted its more "deliberative" and "intentional." Fi is also the sort of thing people don't see the work being done in 2 ways: 1) because its an introverted function, and 2) even when its used to make contact its generally in a individual not corporate setting by its very nature. the whole "Fe demonstrative" is the "shadow organization" that develops, in much the same way SLE creates his own structure behind the scenes. its power is only revealed when its too late so to speak, which means its uncompromising nature is in the groundwork it laid before the moment of truth was upon you. its not obvious Fe shenanigans. they're not ESE, despite persistent stereotypes to that effect
    Last edited by Bertrand; 06-07-2018 at 06:09 PM.

  21. #21
    falsehope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    TIM
    ILE ENTp-Ti
    Posts
    440
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    So maybe start with what you are sure about? That would be certain Fi, or just F, but knowing it's Fi that would narrow down the type much better. So that would be only 4 types, ESI, SEE, IEE and EII. And if Fi is not certain, that would be also SEI, ESE, EIE and IEI. So now it would be good to narrow to Fi for sure, and then for Sensing / Intuition. Well, guessing between N and S is quite easy but sometimes sensing people think they are intuitive while they are not. But intuitive people usually know they are intuitive and not sensing. So it would be good to take few tests and see how you score on S/N and other dichotomies as well.

    It's very hard to conlcude a type in one go. So that's why tests are very often useless. Once you have it narrowed to S/N and F/T then it should be easy by the method of elimination and by comparison.

    You are choosing between quite opposite two types. When choosing between two types you should have two similar in 3 dichotomies not one. That's why I would go from start and try doing some tests.

    I can recommend this test: https://www.16personalities.com/ this is the only test which scores me as ENTp. And the key to good result is to choose "I don't know" when even a bit unsure.

  22. #22
    a two horned unicorn renegade Troll Nr 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Logical supermacy torturing So(u)ls
    TIM
    Ne-ILE-C 7 ELFV?
    Posts
    4,260
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    What is your relation to Ne and how do you understand it?

    I would not say no to EII necessarily either.

    It is quite hard from here to guess the type.
    Quote Originally Posted by Groucho Marx
    I don’t care to belong to any club that will have me as a member.

  23. #23
    Aramas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    United States
    TIM
    EII-Ne
    Posts
    1,236
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by falsehope View Post
    So maybe start with what you are sure about? That would be certain Fi, or just F, but knowing it's Fi that would narrow down the type much better. So that would be only 4 types, ESI, SEE, IEE and EII. And if Fi is not certain, that would be also SEI, ESE, EIE and IEI. So now it would be good to narrow to Fi for sure, and then for Sensing / Intuition. Well, guessing between N and S is quite easy but sometimes sensing people think they are intuitive while they are not. But intuitive people usually know they are intuitive and not sensing. So it would be good to take few tests and see how you score on S/N and other dichotomies as well.

    It's very hard to conlcude a type in one go. So that's why tests are very often useless. Once you have it narrowed to S/N and F/T then it should be easy by the method of elimination and by comparison.

    You are choosing between quite opposite two types. When choosing between two types you should have two similar in 3 dichotomies not one. That's why I would go from start and try doing some tests.

    I can recommend this test: https://www.16personalities.com/ this is the only test which scores me as ENTp. And the key to good result is to choose "I don't know" when even a bit unsure.
    Tried this test and it gave me my self-type (ISTP-T according to the results). I think this test operates with MBTI terminology though. I followed your instructions and left anything uncertain unanswered. I was rather surprised that it gave me this result. I don't totally hate MBTI like some people do, so I'm willing to entertain something like this. In my experience, Meyers Briggs focuses more on self-development than relationships. @Delilah, you might want to try this one out if you have time.
    @falsehope, I don't understand the subtype system they use. Assertive versus turbulent? Can you explain this, along with any correlation to Socionics subtypes?
    Last edited by Aramas; 06-07-2018 at 09:14 PM.

  24. #24
    falsehope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    TIM
    ILE ENTp-Ti
    Posts
    440
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    No idea what are these subtypes, they don't say this on the website it's probably in the paid section. Haven't read my description on this website either.

  25. #25
    Aramas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    United States
    TIM
    EII-Ne
    Posts
    1,236
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by falsehope View Post
    No idea what are these subtypes, they don't say this on the website it's probably in the paid section. Haven't read my description on this website either.
    I found the subtype descriptions by googling the subtype names. Seems like turbulent might best correspond to P subtype.

  26. #26
    falsehope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    TIM
    ILE ENTp-Ti
    Posts
    440
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's hard to me to match assertive / turbulent into socionics. The thing is that there are only two subtypes so it's single dichotomy.

    Here is some article:
    https://www.16personalities.com/arti...e-vs-turbulent

    I would consider myself half-half.

    As assertive, I would consider myself self-assured, even tempered and resistant to stress. However I push myself sometimes too hard. I don't think much about my past actions. I feel confident in my abilities to solve situations.
    And as turbulent, I am not self-conscious and not sensitive to stress, do not experience lot of emotions but I am driven by success, I am perfectionist and eager to improve. I do not change job when stuck, I usually work hard to get out of it without changing jobs. I do not spend time thinking about my life.

    So for myself this dichotomy is rubbish. It just doesn't fit me fully one or another and I can't clearly choose between these two.

    And I have 20 years experience in stressful jobs to back it up, so when I say I am resilient to stress it means I am resilient to massive long term stress, and when I say I am willing to improve it means it took years to learn new things. And so on. So it's really mixed for me and not really clear.

  27. #27
    Rebelondeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,074
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    .........but he's doing the normal SLI-Te thing and running away at any suggestion he pay attention to women.........
    I know a 30-year-old SLI-Te who does exactly the same thing. He proposes all kinds of lame reasons as to why he won't even try; he's seems to be waiting for miss perfect who really doesn't exist. The individual is certainly not fearful but I think his reticence has to do with a subconscious fear that such an invested relationship could fail and him powerless to do anything about it......

    a.k.a. I/O

  28. #28
    WinnieW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    TIM
    LII-Ne
    Posts
    1,247
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by falsehope View Post
    I can recommend this test: https://www.16personalities.com/ this is the only test which scores me as ENTp.
    I get ENTp as result in this test too.
    And I'm more on the turbulent side (57%).

  29. #29
    Aramas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    United States
    TIM
    EII-Ne
    Posts
    1,236
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WinnieW View Post
    I get ENTp as result in this test too.
    And I'm more on the turbulent side (57%).
    Did you look at your percentage scores? Were I and E close?

  30. #30
    WinnieW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    TIM
    LII-Ne
    Posts
    1,247
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    Did you look at your percentage scores? Were I and E close?
    Yes, but I score borderline I / E in most tests. Im also quite balanced T / F in this test.

  31. #31
    Guillaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    TIM
    IEE 4w5 sx/so
    Posts
    394
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    There is quite a contrast between the two sub-types, IME. My SLI-Te son thinks his IEE-Ne aunt is random and irritating, but they actually work quite well together. I'm trying to get him to talk to the IEE-Fi so he can see what they are like, since I can see that they are really, really well matched from a dispositional standpoint, but he's doing the normal SLI-Te thing and running away at any suggestion he pay attention to women. (He's for sure not gay, he's just extremely guarded. The idea of sharing his life in a relationship terrifies him. I haven't figured out why yet. He's not avoidant in the normal sense with anyone else.)

    I think he could be lured into something with an offer to take a short trip to some place he already likes. He's fantastic at organizing trips and has been all his life.
    It's probably hard for sli's to let down emotional guard, hard for us all really. Maybe he senses the potential connection somewhere in his subconsiocus and it makes him wary. The subtypes do seem very different. Hmm I will have to reconsider my typing based on what you've said. Interesting that ne iee and your son still work well together though. I mean, superficially I would mesh better with a semi dual of the same subtype as me but after a while I think underlying similarities of dual even with wrong subtype would make for a better bond.

  32. #32
    Guillaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    TIM
    IEE 4w5 sx/so
    Posts
    394
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    counterpoint: these sound like a bunch of shallow behavioral stereotypes that are practically worthless

    people spend years trying to figure out not only what they are but what types are and its like lol I'm messy = IEE. its like gtfo you haven't even begun to ask the question. its reddit tier MBTI
    No need to belittle my observations if you disagree, just state your case.

  33. #33
    Guillaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    TIM
    IEE 4w5 sx/so
    Posts
    394
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daisy View Post
    Based on your description and Adams I'm probably Fi subtype (I relate to your descriptions except for career part because I'm still not there), I look organized and stable but my room and my thoughts are messy and I don't settle on one thing easily. I think I'm more people focused even though I'm not that sociable (not there) because I don't speak except if the subject/person interests me. I often get told that I open my eyes very wide when I'm just looking, when I'm talking, I look very silly because I cannot hide the excitement so I try to look down so they don't look wide when talking (eeeer emberassing). I also might be enneagram 2w1. I tend to shift between being quiet and being cheerful.

    @Delilah I'm friends with an ESI-Fi, she's more interested in her own world and doesn't feel the need to expand outside of herself, she doesn't care about what people think of her except for her close ones when me even though I try to keep my cool but inside I feel like I'm all over the place, I'm a bit troubled (social anxiety, low self-confidence). She sometimes doesn't understand where people are coming from, we had many conversations when she had "bad" idea about someone's personality when I try to turn the table and correct her thoughts. She gives me the impression of a moralistic person from the greek mythology. When I think I have a more lighthearted attitude and tend to make people feel less judged.
    Did I misread that you had yourself typed as eii before? It's great that you are fine tuning it. I'm interested to learn more about the fi subtype. I also find small talk difficult and can get mistaken for being anti-social, I like a lot of time to myself too. I'm sure people would love to see your eyes even if they are very wide!

  34. #34
    Bertrand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    5,936
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guillaine View Post
    No need to belittle my observations if you disagree, just state your case.
    lol if you think belittling people isn't necessary to make headway you underestimate how intractable to reason but susceptible to humiliation people are around here. its literally the only way to get people to stop parroting bullshit most of the time. if you were aware of the development of the forums you'd see this to be true, but you're coming in naively off the cuff and assuming things about how what you're doing is going to work out. if you think your little chats with daisy and adam are headed in the right direction I can tell you you're wrong. eventually we'll get to the case by case but its not like you're the first person to derp into the forums thinking they already know it all when they effectively know absolutely nothing except how to establish some rapport with likewise agreeable but clueless people. it would be a mistake to think this substitutes for or indicates accuracy or knowledge in any way

    also assertive or turbulent is generally an indicator of a generally positively or negatively affectively charged personality. it goes to the big 1 (high or low neuroticism) essentially. I don't think it directly correlates with socionics, although you might say it indicates an emphasis on whatever ego function is positively or negatively charged. so it could be contact or inert depending on base type. another way to think about it is if neuroticism is the blocking of the transcendent function, which is then filtered through base type, you could think of A or T as being an indication of overall general transcendent function, with T types having more negatively charged energy which is acumulating in order to generate the required charge to break through and resolve neuroses. in other words, personality when it runs into difficulties entails the transcendent function, i.e.: the self, failing to progress, being blocked by something, which is just another word for neuroses, which generates negative affect which is stored up in order to eventually break through the neuroses. indication of neuroses is indication of a disintegrated self and a high acumulation of negative affect. this is a form of self regulation and when neuroses gets bad enough to where it no longer ultimately serves to help but only hurts, would be like a system whose self regulation system has become unbalanced to the point of self injury. T is being more on that side of things, whereas A is more like a smoothly functioning system that gets what it wants without requiring significant negative charge to do so. its like another dimension on top of personality, which speaks to the self. to conflate it with assertiveness in the general sense is to reduce it down or subsume it back into the ego, as if it were an indicator of Fe or Se, when its more like A or T looks different in every type and is more an indicator of general health
    Last edited by Bertrand; 06-08-2018 at 01:39 AM.

  35. #35
    In Transition Raver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Posts
    4,674
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Oh, and in terms of being a care-receiver, I pretty much try to take care of myself. I live alone and don't depend on anyone and don't expect people to cater to me (though i wouldn't turn my nose to someone offering help or w/e out of their own kindness )

    @squark, @Zero, @Avebury, @ashlesha, @FDG, @Tallmo, @Rebelondeck, @woofwoofl, @Raver, @Aramas, etc etc

    C'mon folks, be heard on this very important life-altering decision!
    I remember you self-typed IEE for the longest time back in the day when you had felafel as your name and I never really questioned it personally. Then I saw you change to ESI and even though it was a drastic change and I initially rejected it, it was at least somewhat believable given your overall behavior and then I started to accept it. That's the problem with Socionics, there's too much confirmation bias so whatever type people see you as first will be the one they accept you as. As for your actual true type, I am not sure to be honest.

    If I was forced to choose, I'd probably go with Fi-EII. I don't think you're as dominated by like an IEE would be, but I don't think you're PoLR either so Fi-EII looks like a happy middle ground. It's clear you're dominated by so Fi-ESI and Fi-IEE are not out of the question. Fi-SEE seems like a stretch based on your overall behavior so I would rule that out. I'd just go with Fi-EII based on gut impression, but if you self-typed yourself as Fi-ESI or Fi-IEE, I wouldn't really question it either because there is at least some basis behind it.
    "Nothing happens until the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change."

    Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

  36. #36
    Bertrand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    5,936
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    delilah seems extroverted if you look at her actual willingness to make threads compared to EIIs like subteigh and so forth. people think because shes polite in a Fi way it means Fi base, when its like the real Fi base (especially inert subtype) types are practically invisible. shes anything but inert, therefore if introverted base it would be some form of extroverted subtype. subteigh seems a good example of Fi inert, especially with enhanced sensing channel, likes to dump images with lots of symbolism and meaning, doesn't talk a lot, kind of runs off and pops up again but is mostly non verbal etc

  37. #37
    Guillaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    TIM
    IEE 4w5 sx/so
    Posts
    394
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    [QUOTE=Bertrand;1277737]lol if you think belittling people isn't necessary to make headway you underestimate how intractable to reason but susceptible to humiliation people are around here. its literally the only way to get people to stop parroting bullshit most of the time. if you were aware of the development of the forums you'd see this to be true, but you're coming in naively off the cuff and assuming things about how what you're doing is going to work out. if you think your little chats with daisy and adam are headed in the right direction I can tell you you're wrong. eventually we'll get to the case by case but its not like you're the first person to derp into the forums thinking they already know it all when they effectively know absolutely nothing except how to establish some rapport with likewise agreeable but clueless people. it would be a mistake to think this substitutes for or indicates accuracy or knowledge in any way

    Yeah, I do think it's not necessary because people are more important than socionics in my opinion, fine if you disagree. I am open to your arguments if they are put without denigrating others.

  38. #38
    Bertrand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    5,936
    Mentioned
    483 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    oh my god ESE confirmed I'm just going to run away now. suffice to say you and adam belong together in derp-land

  39. #39
    Zero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    My room
    TIM
    LIE
    Posts
    626
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You might not be ESI but I don't see IEE at all
    You're more accepting and open compared to other ESIs I know

  40. #40

    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Posts
    348
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guillaine View Post
    Did I misread that you had yourself typed as eii before? It's great that you are fine tuning it. I'm interested to learn more about the fi subtype. I also find small talk difficult and can get mistaken for being anti-social, I like a lot of time to myself too. I'm sure people would love to see your eyes even if they are very wide!
    Yes. Still not sure if EII or IEE. Though I think IEE is more likely. I know two IEE guys irl and both are quite different like it was mentioned. One is kinda crazy, even cold a bit yet seems emotional because he's always expressing his feelings to people (strangers too), pretty sociable and he is not as considerate of others as the other guy. He is also quite perceptive and his speech is full of Ne.
    The other one is generally always in a good mood, modest and looks more organized. He looks more simple than the first guy and introverted. You only see his IEE side when you interact with him one on one. He's older than me, so he often gives me advices and talks about his experinces. I always feel like someone who's walking a similar path to him. We even have same life events happening to us, same reaction to them and thinking.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •