Thread: Types and Disorders

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Types and Disorders

According Oldham descriptions, an specific personality disorder can be associated with each type.

ESE: Masochistic Personality Disorder.

SEI:Cyclothymic Personality Disorder.

ILE:Compensatory Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

LII:Schizotypal Personality Disorder.

LSI: Depressive Personality Disorder.

EIE: Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder.

SLE: Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

IEI:Histrionic Personality Disorder.

LIE:Sadistic Personality Disorder.

ESI: Dependent Personality Disorder.

SEE: Borderline Personality Disorder.

ILI:Schizoid Personality Disorder.

LSE: Passive Agressive Personality Disorder.

SLI:Antisocial Personality Disorder.

IEE: Paranoid Personality Disorder

EII:Avoidant Personality Disorder.

Obviously, the manifestation of the disorder would appear just and only in a pathological representation of the type.

Knowing that, do you think its are accurate? Have you ever had some experience or met a type with one of these disorders? Share your thoughts and experiences.

Full descriptions are in the link.
    "All nations will place their hope in him."
    (Mt 12:21)

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

isn't it something like %20 of women in the US are on anti depressants or otherwise being treated for depression? are they LSI? if not what is the association? just a metaphor? signifying what? I guess I can see the associations but I think its weird cause its like what if Im x but thats associated with y type, what does that mean for the me or the association. I almost feel like you could shuffle these randomly and it would be just as valid. nevertheless personality disorder are aspects of personality taken to an unhealthy extreme, perhaps what they're saying is any personality in its pathological form gives rise to an associated set of symptoms. by relating them to types they're saying a pathological hypertrophy of x+y function leads to z symptoms. so too much Ti + Se is depression? is that right? perhaps... Te + Si passive aggressive? I guess I can see it, but these seem to be more specific statements on functional accents in a pathological mode rather than a base type or proclivity of a base type. so I think it is inflammatory to think of it that way--the better way being these are pathological functional accents roughly analogous to certain personality disorders. I doubt there is strong correlation between type and personality disorder. also depression is a mood disorder as far as I know anyway. the thing is how does the person take into account mood v personality etc

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This is kind of forcefully fitted. Personal experiences.

Aushra made first distinction between cyclothymes (irrationals) and schizotymes (ratonals).

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.p..._Nature_of_Man
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lovely LIE-ESI pair, a paranoid and a neurotic
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    perhaps what they're saying is any personality in its pathological form gives rise to an associated set of symptoms.
    I think so.

by relating them to types they're saying a pathological hypertrophy of x+y function leads to z symptoms. so too much Ti + Se is depression?
    I dont think the associations are made because of leading functions. It seems to go beyond that. Not sure exactly from where they come from in each case.

I just can see where it comes from exactly in SLI (id block and PoLR), since its the only type I know in full detail for obvious reasons. However, in the rest of types, I've observed the propensity in such patterns in almost all types but nothing too drastic, just like hints. The origins of some are obvious to me, for example LIE from Se HA, ILI Fe PoLR, etc.

Anyway the descriptions provides more detailed info. I suggest going there before rushing in veredicts. I was hoping some enlightened and knowledgeable ppl (at least knowledgeable in their own types) could tell me from where or from which functions or blocks the disorders are formed.

Or at least share some of their own experiences.
    Last edited by Hope; 05-18-2018 at 08:17 AM.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I had the following disorders(mild case) once in my life
    > histrionic
    > bpd
    > anti-social

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't think it comes with types.. It depends on the person situation i guess.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Olimpia is good example of pedantic-hyperthymic

I have definitely seen ILI's who are pedantic OCD.

I might say that I have affective-labile qualities but some online resources think it as being borderline which is not exactly me as I do not play relational games which is borderline thing (and hence it does not show in that sphere) . Either I don't really have huge anger outburst.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post

I dont think the associations are made because of leading functions. It seems to go beyond that. Not sure exactly from where they come from in each case.

I just can see where it comes from exactly in SLI (id block and PoLR), since its the only type I know in full detail for obvious reasons. However, in the rest of types, I've observed the propensity in such patterns in almost all types but nothing too drastic, just like hints. The origins of some are obvious to me, for example LIE from Se HA, ILI Fe PoLR, etc.
    this is what I'm trying to say: lets take 1) that its not just the ego functions, but rather a particular selection of functions and 2) any type can exhibit any one of these disorders. all that we're left with is a pathological accentuation of functional sets. for example if Fe polr along with Ti/Se is anti social, its not really SLI its just a pathological accent on those functions in any given individual (keeping in mind premise 2 which says no type or types have a monopoly on a disorder). in any case, maybe SLI gives it is characteristic "flavor" in its most straightforward manifestation and fair enough, but its kind of like saying SLI comes off as low grade anti social as baseline. which is actually I think true![1] so does it hold for all the types? I think it does! IEE does seem low level paranoid in my experience, like if they tend to swing one way pathologically I would say it is paranoid. In fact I had a IEE neighbor who I really liked but she was paranoid as fuck, and it was really sad, because it was Ne gone nuts. She had been abused so it wasn't like she didnt have good reason to be paranoid in some ways (she still texts me randomly sometimes saying she thinks x crazy shit about her neighbors--even though Im halfway across the country)... Its harder for me to see LIE as sadistic (I actually kind of think of LSI as sadistic), I would be interested to hear more about that, but on the whole I do see how many of these are just sort of tendencies arising out of certain functional prominence that when unhealthy form certain patterns

its interesting I can see LSI ILI SLI and SEI all as proclivities in myself

ILE:Compensatory Narcissistic Personality Disorder
    this also makes me think of falsehope and some of the stuff he posts

[1] so another way to get at what this list is doing is say, when meaning to call someone anti social, "you're acting like an unhealthy SLI right now." on the level of meaning, that is what this at least seems to represent. When we call someone paranoid, "you're acting like an unhealthy IEE." I think this fits very well with my experience, assuming we're keeping it general, obviously not particular SLI but rather a generalization of the SLI concept, etc.
    Last edited by Bertrand; 05-18-2018 at 09:18 AM.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like Oldham list, it's the best part of those descriptions to me. Pity that Troll's list doesn't have all the pathologies...

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can identify myself with having Psychasthenia, at least in my life between 10 and 30 years of age, sadly.
    I wanted to analyze and understand everything.
    Now I'm more mature and I know there are aspects in life that don't need much of thinking.
    Thinking can lock yourself in your own prision of logical restraints... and it's not a positive thing if you overdo it, so far I can tell.
    Last edited by WinnieW; 05-18-2018 at 12:11 PM.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
    I think so.

Anyway the descriptions provides more detailed info. I suggest going there before rushing in veredicts. I was hoping some enlightened and knowledgeable ppl (at least knowledgeable in their own types) could tell me from where or from which functions or blocks the disorders are formed.

Or at least share some of their own experiences.
    The serious style given for LSI, with basic pleasure/fear centered around duty and responsibility comes from Ti/Fe/Se in the LSI imo. I see a lot of overlap of the Serious type with Enneagram Type 1 though as well, both the serious Oldham type and Type 1 being ultra-conscientious . . . you could also say ultra-rational. Self-criticism is also high in both the serious type and E1, and it's that self-criticism that can lead to depression when unhealthy. Where the Oldham style and socionics overlap for LSI would be in Ti with Se, plus their relationship to Fe/Fi . . . rationality, weak ethical fxns, and self-accountability are the traits that are most emphasized. That "sense of duty" is how TiFe is expressed in many LSIs. (It's where the idea of them being very rule-focused comes from, but that's a bit of a misunderstanding imo)

Edit: And it's weird, just read the EIE description - that one has even more of what people see as the typical traits of the E1 and even describes them as ultra-conscientious, but it's missing the core component of self-criticism... so it looks like a caricature, really unbalanced, kind of frantic. And idk what that's all about. And the LIE aggressive type sounds like an evil E8 that's gone off the deep end. . .
    Last edited by squark; 05-18-2018 at 01:06 PM.

TIM
    ILE ENTp-Ti
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I think these disorders are weakly linked to types. So, particular type while being healthy can act as some people with particular disorder and that's their normal behaviour. But, it's not so strong to say they have disorder, they just act similarly because of their personality.
    Another thing is, that one could conclude that these types can develop strong disorder matching their type. I don't think it is true, and I don't see the reason why because they just behave similarly to people with such disease, but they are completely healthy. So if they are healthy, why they should actually develop it further in that particular direction?
    I think that personality disorders are not matching people types in most cases. There can be cases when they develop it according to their type but that would be statistically insignificant.
    But I see some connections like being histrionic and being Fi, like IEE and SEE.
    Last edited by falsehope; 05-18-2018 at 03:32 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

hypotethicly higher inclination

> ESE: Masochistic Personality Disorder

Ni types

> SEI:Cyclothymic Personality Disorder.

any P-F

> ILE:Compensatory Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

weak nonvalued Ne, as they are inadequate in self-image and stubborn to get this
    Narcissistic Personality Disorder, doubtfully to do variations if it

> LII:Schizotypal Personality Disorder.

introversion

> LSI: Depressive Personality Disorder.

overload in nonvalued regions. also it's doubtful as a personal disorder.

> EIE: Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder.

T types

> SLE: Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

check above

> IEI:Histrionic Personality Disorder.

F types

> LIE:Sadistic Personality Disorder.

Se types

> ESI: Dependent Personality Disorder

F-I types

> SEE: Borderline Personality Disorder

P-F

> ILI:Schizoid Personality Disorder

check schizotypal

> LSE: Passive Agressive Personality Disorder

introverts

> SLI:Antisocial Personality Disorder

P

> IEE: Paranoid Personality Disorder

Se ego

> EII:Avoidant Personality Disorder

introversion

> Obviously, the manifestation of the disorder would appear just and only in a pathological representation of the type.

obviously there are no "pathological representation of the types" in the classical theory. by Jung they all are the pathology. with the individual difference in the degree of functional disbalance.
    there is no basis to suppose those disorders are strictly linked with Jung's types. we may think that a type rises the chance to get some kind of PD

TIM
    EII Sx/Sp 9w1 (954)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WinnieW View Post
    I can identify myself with having Psychasthenia, at least in my life between 10 and 30 years of age, sadly. I wanted to analyze and understand everything.
    Ditto for me

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

hmm.. ILE is for example supposed to deprecate past achievements which is very non compensatory narc stuff. I remember when someone nearly got a stroke when saw my diplomas which were lying around in total potentially destructive disorder.

According to Millon this won't happen with narcs. I hate writing CV's and applications. Sometimes I just want to write: "I'm piece of shit and you might be as well but I don't know yet."

Something that made me think of this being possible was that I don't feed back and forth narc feedback loop as I have bad habit of not accepting compliments and tend to deprecate those.
    Last edited by The Reality Denialist; 08-19-2019 at 05:25 AM.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think based on Gulenko's description ILE screams schizotypal/idiosyncratic.

Inventive LIE.

Schizoid is SLI or ILI.

Fe type is histrionic.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to think I have Avoidant personality disorder (AvPD), but the psychologist I went to 3 times said I was within normal range of functioning for everything and AvPD was not something I had due to how fast I opened up 1 to 1 with her and how easy it was to communicate with me :/

Later on I met someone with AvPD irl... the guy would freeze in public, his anxiety lvl ran that high. Communicating with him was like pulling nails. So yeah.

Other option might be Paranoid Personality disorder, but considering I'm not even into conspiracies e_e.. its probably not a thing.

I seem to have some residual features of past trauma tho, such as minor social anxiety and having an avoidant attachment style.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    I used to think I have Avoidant personality disorder (AvPD), but the psychologist I went to 3 times said I was within normal range of functioning for everything and AvPD was not something I had due to how fast I opened up 1 to 1 with her and how easy it was to communicate with me :/

Later on I met someone with AvPD irl... the guy would freeze in public, his anxiety lvl ran that high. Communicating with him was like pulling nails. So yeah.

Other option might be Paranoid Personality disorder, but considering I'm not even into conspiracies e_e.. its probably not a thing.

I seem to have some residual features of past trauma tho, such as minor social anxiety and having an avoidant attachment style.
    Yeah about that conspiracy thing for paranoid and weird cults for schizotypal are not probably a thing. Those are supposed to be personality constructs you are born with it. Innately paranoid personality would not trust in conspiracies (they are just suspcious) and schizotypal would have his/her own philosophy. So at one point when taken to extreme one could consider those as disorders. Personality is not something you can catch like a flu or schizophrenia etc. I recommend Theodore Millon's book. It is free online.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Homicidal Maniac 007 View Post
    Yeah about that conspiracy thing for paranoid and weird cults for schizotypal are not probably a thing. Those are supposed to be personality constructs you are born with it. Innately paranoid personality would not trust in conspiracies (they are just suspcious) and schizotypal would have his/her own philosophy. So at one point when taken to extreme one could consider those as disorders. Personality is not something you can catch like a flu or schizophrenia etc. I recommend Theodore Millon's book. It is free online.
    I don't seem to have any other features of PPD tho..

Its possible I don't have any personality disorder, but I'm open to the possibility.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    I don't seem to have any other features of PPD tho..

Its possible I don't have any personality disorder, but I'm open to the possibility.
    I think every person has a personality style. When it becomes adisorder is another matter. So you are probably not one. MB paranoid style.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would guess the LII and ILI disorders should be switched.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Duschia View Post
    In original or 7's post?
    In the original. The paranoia/emphasis on patterns of schizotypals seems more typical of Ni types; LIIs more frequently I think just entirely block themselves off from the world and emotion. ILIs might find meaning in unconventional places, but LIIs might not even understand the concept of finding “meaning” to begin with.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    In the original. The paranoia/emphasis on patterns of schizotypals seems more typical of Ni types; LIIs more frequently I think just entirely block themselves off from the world and emotion. ILIs might find meaning in unconventional places, but LIIs might not even understand the concept of finding “meaning” to begin with.
    You should actually see how Millon describes schizotypal. It is extremely dysfunctional Ne type. He has couple of case studies in his book. It is not Ni. I think IEI would fit dependent personality style bill easily.

Extreme versions:
    Schizotypy/Ne- impulsive non comfomity towards traditions. Antisocial/Se impulsive non conformity towards lawful life.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

My disorders are that I don’t like to shop for clothing and stuff. I don’t like or don’t have enough energy for a lot of work. I need some kind of structure and I have to do things in order and don’t like being distracted during work
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's possible that I have a personality disorder, but in terms of styles-- I have
    histrionic (one reason I made my user name was to ensure that some people would have reactions in their living rooms or whatever, but it also described me well, and people in school told said how funny I was during class and laughed which I was going for),

dependent,

compulsive,

schizoid,

avoidant,

borderline,

and depressive traits...

not necessarily in that order;

hyperthymic rarely, but my happiness usually went down way too quickly for me.

a little bit of sadism, schizotypal, and paranoid styles, not much of either though.

No narcissism (especially on or after my 12th birthday)... I don't think highly of myself, and I don't have any need to put people down and I hate it when anybody is powerful... I don't want power for myself, I want to avoid power, I just want to enjoy life.

I never kept my emotions to myself, nor did I really care to. It's better for me to just release them (and if necessary to fake emotions) and express my real ones even more strongly than how I feel inside.

I was diagnosed with nightmare disorder and emotional lability (and many other disorders, but really I prefer to not go by DSM diagnoses, but to think of myself as always having been emotionally/psychologically disturbed and eccentric).
    Last edited by Disturbed; 09-10-2021 at 01:16 AM.
    I'm sorry, but I'm psychologically disturbed.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This guy seems to have a very solid understanding these things.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/ToddGrande

It is like he should translate PD's to Oldham types and follow Gulenko's path (although it is not going to happen especially because he has rigid standards).
    According to him Tesla would be an example of schizotypal. He goes beyond surface.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actully things people have decided to diagnose me as amateur psychologists.

Histrionic, Borderline, Bipolar, anorexic, schizophrenic, Depression, etc..

A therapist tried to diagnose me with some of the ones above along with autism just for the fun of it. She wasn't fully qualified though, just a counselor. She no longer works at that place anymore either.

I wonder if I have some of these are true, but I had such a bad experience with therapy and I'm doing ok without it.

EDIT:

EIE: Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder.
    This was one that the therapist said too.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just for a heads up people, unless it is a licensed psychologist, nobody should be diagnosing you at all. They don’t have the qualifications or knowledge that goes into diagnosing someone and it’s a lot more complicated then you think. You have to meet certain requirements and whatnot. This was drilled into my head in my abnormal psych classes. While I have the famous book of all the mental disorders, people really shouldn’t go diagnosing people all Willy nilly.

I think it’s still fun to discuss in a theory based. I don’t want to rain in anybody’s parade in regards to that. Just, don’t let random or yourself go around diagnosing people cause they meet a certain criteria is all or because it’s that certain type.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimonia View Post
    This was one that the therapist said too.
    Probably quite common characteristics among process Ej's.

schizoid: LII
    schizotypal: ILE, ILI [Doc Emmet Brown ILE, Diogenes ILI]
    paranoid: LSI?
    histrionic: ESE, IEI
    borderline: xxFp
    antisocial: result extroverts
    narcissistic: hard to say, I have seen LSE's, ILI's but eh, I could also see SEE, EIE
    avoidant: maybe some introverted ethicals (low assertiveness), maybe ILE due to PoLR (avoidance of relationships if traumatic experiences)
    dependent: screams IEI
    OCPD: rational process
    Last edited by The Reality Denialist; 09-10-2021 at 02:12 PM.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MissDucki View Post
    Just for a heads up people, unless it is a licensed psychologist, nobody should be diagnosing you at all. They don’t have the qualifications or knowledge that goes into diagnosing someone and it’s a lot more complicated then you think. You have to meet certain requirements and whatnot. This was drilled into my head in my abnormal psych classes. While I have the famous book of all the mental disorders, people really shouldn’t go diagnosing people all Willy nilly.
    Yes, but have fun with Oldham because it is nearly identical and not pathological.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It's an odd assocation since type isn't "personality" as most people would understand it.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think these correlations have to do with enneagram more than with socionics (but both influence the oldham styles I think).

I remember there was a table at a site called 9types or ptypes (I don't remember and I think they removed the table) that showed the enneagram-oldham correlations. I remember for example that 3w2 was self-confident, 8w7 aggressive, 8w9 vigilant, 3w4 inventive, 9w8 leisurely, etc (don't remember more, if anybody screenshotted this table or has these correlations I'll be grateful).

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by roger557 View Post
    I think these correlations have to do with enneagram more than with socionics (but both influence the oldham styles I think).

I remember there was a table at a site called 9types or ptypes (I don't remember and I think they removed the table) that showed the enneagram-oldham correlations. I remember for example that 3w2 was self-confident, 8w7 aggressive, 8w9 vigilant, 3w4 inventive, 9w8 leisurely, etc (don't remember more, if anybody screenshotted this table or has these correlations I'll be grateful).
    https://www.the16types.info/info/typesview.htm

Edit: You were asking about the enneagram types. This is the ptypes website: http://www.ptypes.com/index.html

Not sure where it has the ennea type correlations there, though I do remember what you are talking about.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ave View Post
    It's an odd assocation since type isn't "personality" as most people would understand it.
    I'd say that a type can have multiple personality styles but there are some correlations.
    It is as if IEI for instance might become histrionic or very dependent in the the worst case scenarios.

Everyone should take even the professional opinion with grain of salt (personal factors and trends influence more than objectivity).
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, but these ones are the ones in the OP. I'm looking for the same but with enneagram.

Blah, I'll just try to figure them out from memory:

Conscientious - 1w2
    Self Sacrificing - 2w1, 6w7
    Sensitive - 4w5
    Devoted - 9w1
    Vigilant - 8w9, 6w5
    Inventive - 3w4
    Dramatic - 2w3
    Solitary - 5w6
    Mercurial - 7w6
    Self-confident - 3w2
    Artistic - 4w3
    Adventurous - 7w8
    Aggressive - 8w7
    Leisurely - 9w8
    Idiosyncratic - 5w4
    Serious - 1w9

(think I got them right)

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.the16types.info/info/typesview.htm

Edit: You were asking about the enneagram types. This is the ptypes website: http://www.ptypes.com/index.html

Not sure where it has the ennea type correlations there, though I do remember what you are talking about.
    They removed the table that was in the front page.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

idiosyncratic 7 (this is from enneagram pro)
    solitary 5
    inventive 5,6,7

This is complicated because there is a difference between modus operandi and triggers that vary in functionality. Oldham does not really label difference between strengths and weakness in personality.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Instead of thinking "I'm not like this, phew" just ask yourself "How nuts I could go under different circumstances?".
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am extremely worried Okay, has anybody here heard about something called borderline personality disorder? A relative of mine just told me that she suspected she might have it, and I don't know what to do! I have read about this disorder on https://fherehab.com/pd/signs-of-bpd/, but I was hoping some of you might have first-handed experience with this kind of stuffs. Can you tell me if the information on this site is true? I am extremely worried about my relative. She and I are very close. We are like siblings!
    Last edited by Amelainn; 09-27-2021 at 06:50 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast