Thread: Can someone tell me if this is Ni-Ti or Ne-Fi?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Can someone tell me if this is Ni-Ti or Ne-Fi?

Essentially, I am very motivated by defining the boundaries between abstractions and distinguishing abstractions from each other. I see abstractions themselves as finite, though they repeat themselves in many domains, where they are given different names, and these names are 'concepts'. For example, I think of a 'system' as an example of an abstraction, and there are systems in each field, whether it be neuroscience or computer science or sociology, and I am foremost interested in the similarities between the behavior and function of these systems because I ultimately like finding the similarities between them and determining possible new patterns. My goal is to be able to explain how the abstractions themselves are linked together by understanding more tangible systems and their concepts. I really like philosophy and computer architecture because these explanations occur at a higher level and are formally defined. However, I'm a lot better at/interested in independently reasoning about people/social/ethical systems than technical systems. Though I gain plenty of enjoyment from reading about both, I ultimately draw the insights I gain back to people systems. Though this may just be lack of experience with technical systems, because I've only recently began working in computer architecture.

I am motivated to explore pretty much any academic field that makes formal distinctions, particularly those that deal with systems that are presumably 'complete' systems of thought. I am not interested in learning new concepts for their own sake, but rather to fulfill this goal. For example, I don't learn about neural networks because they are cool and do cool/useful things, I am just interested in how they contribute to my own understanding and my own worldview. For this reason, the things I am interested in are entirely unique to me and my understanding, and I go through bursts of interest in seemingly random things that may offer new explanations that I might find useful to my uniquely-formed understanding of the world, like the structures of East Asian languages (because it feeds my model of linguistic systems) or how the nuclear arms race played out (because it feeds my model of social systems). I have no interest in learning everything at once because then it doesn't sink in and I can't conceptualize its form. I don't get a lot of enjoyment out of small facts/trivia unless they somehow contribute to a higher understanding of the relationships between abstractions. But if such a relationship exists, I trust myself to one day 'perceive' it (which leads me to believe this is either Ni or Ne).

So what I'm thinking is that it could either be Ti directed by Ni (an interest in concepts directed by an interest in abstractions/perceptions/explanations for behavior) or Ne directed by Fi (an interest in concepts directed by an interest in social/ethical systems). But I don't really understand the boundaries between the information elements so I don't know which combination is at play here.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ti-users are typically interested in systematically arrangable facts. Te-users are interested in facts as parts of a process.

Ne-users tend to bounce from one topic to another, while Ni-users tend to settle into one focus.

From your description of your interests, I'd say you are Ti-Ne, or LII.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

your text is about Ti. if your ego functions have it and 2nd is N - it's Ne
    you mb LII

you may make a videointerview to give more info to type you
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...=1#post1096450

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Ti-users are typically interested in systematically arrangable facts. Te-users are interested in facts as parts of a process.

Ne-users tend to bounce from one topic to another, while Ni-users tend to settle into one focus.

From your description of your interests, I'd say you are Ti-Ne, or LII.
    ^ this

The fact that your interests apply to people is incidental. After all, socionics is about people but it is still Ti.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The first sentence is all Ni, no Ne
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    ILE-H
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    The first sentence is all Ni, no Ne
    The demonstrative function is the second most powerful function in Model A. The demonstrative function is used for mocking. For example, an ENTj who thinks paper personality tests are a sick joke would use his ▲ demonstrative to make the test output any result he wants. The hacker who subtly breaks a website by injecting malicious code is also using ▲ demonstrative.

The OP is probably LII, so he is using his demonstrative function △ to mock something that is attacking his PoLR ● in his first sentence. I don't know exactly what that issue is, but it's something.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ti Ni

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like a pretty on-point description of LII. LII is usually called the ''abstracting'' type afaik. I agree with posters that it is the focus on comparative systematicity that defines your lead, not the particularities of the subjects that you focus on. Ethical systems are also systems. Kant (often typed LII) was very interested in ethics, but in a very different way from, for example, Marcus Aurelius (often typed EII).

I'm very interested in the boundaries between abstractions as well, but i think my focus is more on what this reflects about the world. I'm keen on watching myself define/abstract (to analyse what it means that i do this) moreso than the abstractions themselves. This has driven me a bit away from the LII typing i used to agree on.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Makes me wonder the Fi part more than just in mere sphere of interest which seems externally oriented. Just interested.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

fyi Ni and Ti dont go together, Ne and Ti do or Ni and Te.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Ni-Ti
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is pure Ti. I don’t see Ni.