Thread: Please type me before I die from uncertainty

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    The biggest trouble I have with is EII-Ne. I.e. my Superego with strengthened Creative that's my PoLR. For what it's worth.

The Ne in the way they have it just does my head in, it may be hard to follow the train of thought of some IEEs but it's hardly ever as outright irritating as that creative all-over-the-place-random Ne of EII-Ne especially if the EII-Ne is unhealthy, that's when it really really does my head in. For more healthy EIIs it's still kind of more like, half of what they say seem nice Ni-ish then random (to me) Ne gets mixed in, it's not one nice Ni trail but gets random bits mixed into it. If that makes sense. And for some reason that's most jarring to me. (The Ni part can be still nice though at times. So it's not always 100% bad.) Ne leads are just consistently vague...

(Their Fi is less annoying actually, I think.)

EDIT: On second thought, all this comes from experience from a not too close distance, i.e. not living together or anything like that. (I did try to date IEE before but it did not go very far.) If I were to live with a Delta NF, I can see how the very random lifestyle of IEE could pose a bigger problem in practice than the Ne of EII-Ne just doing my head in mentally. But at this point, my experiences indicate the above.

@schwiftyrickty What sounds unpleasant about LSIs? And how do you have the biggest problems with SLE (so far)?

I still don't really think you'd be SEI, IxE is way more fitting for you.
    Hello again

I think my own thoughts are very random but I make an effort to at least attempt to organize them. I go on a lot of tangents. I'll have random interjections that I must follow or I might forget and the thought could have lead to something important. So if I'm writing for example, I'll take my tangent to a completely different page, do what I can with it, then when I'm done I go back to the original page/thought. So my notebooks look crazy in a way, but they help keep my thoughts organized. Like I'll have a story or journal entry that may be a dozen or more pages but it's constantly being interrupted by unrelated things, all on their own pages. Every so often I go through all my notebooks and tear out pages that are important or show promise and put them in a 3 ring binder and organize the pages by category.

Or a lot of times when I write I will digress but I usually put the digressions in parentheses (like so. It's probably not a great practice but no teacher or anyone has ever called me out on it. And usually the asides are somewhat amusing so I guess it's kind of part of my "voice") so I don't lose my original train of thought. This is something I've done since I was a child.

Are you saying you also prefer your superego to your conflictor? I have heard that super-ego relationships can be more outwardly acrimonious.

When I read about LSIs, it's always rules and structure. Which I hate. Being told to follow a rule just because it is a rule is one of the quickest ways to piss me off. I need to understand why a rule exists and I have to agree with its practicality and logic. And I take great pleasure in breaking arbitrary rules.

LSIs seem kind of harsh. Idk if Javert from Les Mis is actually LSI, but I often see him typed that way, but I hate that character more than any other character lol. I know he's the "bad guy" and you're not really supposed to like him, but I usually have no trouble sympathizing with "bad guys". Actually I tend to prefer them. But fuck Javert. His existence was meaningless and I took great pleasure in his suicide.

SLEs...My stepdad is SLE so I know at least one very well, but it seems like 50% of the men I know are SLE. I can tolerate the 7w8s and to an extent the cp 6w7s (not really though) but I cannot tolerate the 8w7s very well. I can't stand aggression and harshness. Loudness. Alpha male attitudes. We always butt heads.

I don't mind SEEs so much. Their Se is softened by Fi. They may be loud and pushy at times, but they care. ILEs can also rub me the wrong way with their sometimes harsh and categorical statements. Plus they can be annoying and try to push your buttons for the fun of it.

I don't think I'm SEI either, but for some reason I can't stop thinking about it. If I am SEI then my understanding of socionics is totally flawed. But I do think I appear to have a kind of Ixxp attitude. I don't seem to be an extravert at all. I seek interaction less than even most introverts I know. Also the SEI-Fe subtype description does sound a lot like me. And I am pretty pleasure seeking but don't care about comfort. (Is that more Si- or Si+? My understanding is that Si- [Delta right?] is more about avoiding discomfort and Si+ is more about creating pleasant sensations. In that case I am more Si+. I love and need pleasure (though my idea of pleasure is often not related to anything physical. I consider making lists deeply pleasurable. Or Daydreaming. Or matching my socks while I listen to podcasts [I guess that's technically physical]. Planning is a big one, but I rarely actually do anything.) but I don't care about discomfort/comfort in the slightest. Or things like furniture/decor/lighting. Trivial.
    7w6 9w1 2w3 sx/? RLUAI(rl|U|ai)

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Also I don't eat. All the Si doms I know take great pleasure in food. For me it's a hassle and I resent the fact that I need to eat to survive. I wish I could just inject all my nutrients and calories lol. And hopefully gain 30 lbs in the process.

But I do love to sleep. Mostly because I love to dream and doze in and out and let ideas come to me. I will always choose sleeping over eating. If I am hungry sometimes I just go to sleep.

When I do eat I usually just eat peanut butter right out of the jar or drink disgusting protein shakes. Sometimes I'll wrap a pickle spear in some ham. Or I'll eat handfuls of nuts even though I hate them.

And I eat as fast as I can so I can get it over with. People say I eat like I'm in prison and I'm afraid someone is going to steal my food. I don't chew much and I prefer to stick to liquids. I like soup. Chewing is annoying. I actually chew gum though. But gum is different. It's mindless. Eating and cooking takes too much energy and focus. I might even start eating something and enjoy it at first and get tired of eating it halfway through and throw it away.

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hi @schwiftyrickty! Lol for what it's worth, IEE doesn't seem too far off as a possibility, but I'm leaning slightly more towards ILE for you. I watched your videos and read through lots of your posts. I don't have many concrete reasons, but you just seemed to give off a Fe-valuing vibe rather than Fi-valuing, even if you're most interested in people.

Plus I felt really comfortable, happy, and engaged listening to you explain yourself in your videos, and it reminded me of the way I felt talking with other ILEs in real life. Especially when your sentences were most spontaneous/natural. Then I felt intellectually intrigued the way ILEs help me feel (as opposed to IEEs).

Personal impressions like this aren't necessarily a good indicator of types, but this is my two cents.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by schwiftyrickty View Post
    Hello again

I think my own thoughts are very random but I make an effort to at least attempt to organize them. I go on a lot of tangents. I'll have random interjections that I must follow or I might forget and the thought could have lead to something important. So if I'm writing for example, I'll take my tangent to a completely different page, do what I can with it, then when I'm done I go back to the original page/thought. So my notebooks look crazy in a way, but they help keep my thoughts organized. Like I'll have a story or journal entry that may be a dozen or more pages but it's constantly being interrupted by unrelated things, all on their own pages. Every so often I go through all my notebooks and tear out pages that are important or show promise and put them in a 3 ring binder and organize the pages by category.

Or a lot of times when I write I will digress but I usually put the digressions in parentheses (like so. It's probably not a great practice but no teacher or anyone has ever called me out on it. And usually the asides are somewhat amusing so I guess it's kind of part of my "voice") so I don't lose my original train of thought. This is something I've done since I was a child.
    Lol I sometimes can get into extra elaborations like that when journaling trying to sort out complex stuff for myself. It for me is about precision of defining things when describing them. But yeah I put them in parentheses a lot. I don't have the time or the energy to stop and reorganize all the section along with these elaborations in a way that it doesn't need the parentheses but instead with the elaborations becoming an integrated part of the main section. I suspect your stuff is more tangential though compared to mine...

Anyway, yeah, Ne leads don't feel like they are jumping all over the place to me, they just have a consistent flow of vague ideas so to speak... Maybe it's jumping all over the place but I cannot follow it enough lol? Idk, but for sure with Ne creative it's more obvious jumping around to me. Oh, it is like... with Ne creatives it gets a bit more concretely seen by me, so their ideas/words get translated into concrete variables/concrete objects for me, and then those are what seem to be annoyingly randomly shifted around by the Ne creative. I don't seem to be able to translate the ideas of Ne leads into concrete things so readily. Like I said, more vague than that...

Does this make sense?

Are you saying you also prefer your superego to your conflictor? I have heard that super-ego relationships can be more outwardly acrimonious.
    Did you make a typo in the question? Anyway, yeah, superego is "more outwardly acrimonious" for me, yes. That IEE I dated, it didn't get so bad as in having frequent conflicts all over the place, more like, the relationship itself and the communication in it just got completely unmanageable eventually lol. Arguably, that's worse than a conflict-ridden yet overall maintainable superego relationship. Maintainable in the sense that it doesn't get worse beyond a point, it retains some overall stability.

When I read about LSIs, it's always rules and structure. Which I hate. Being told to follow a rule just because it is a rule is one of the quickest ways to piss me off. I need to understand why a rule exists and I have to agree with its practicality and logic. And I take great pleasure in breaking arbitrary rules.

LSIs seem kind of harsh. Idk if Javert from Les Mis is actually LSI, but I often see him typed that way, but I hate that character more than any other character lol. I know he's the "bad guy" and you're not really supposed to like him, but I usually have no trouble sympathizing with "bad guys". Actually I tend to prefer them. But fuck Javert. His existence was meaningless and I took great pleasure in his suicide.
    Yeah, Javert is LSI, but wow I wonder why you hate the LSI stuff lol.

However, your response to the rules stuff seems like a Ti ego response, specifically Alpha Ti. You want to understand the why behind the rule. That's definitely Ti. And you insist that the rule make sense overall and I suppose this is the Alpha idealism, Betas don't care that much about that (it's more important that the rule work well with Se agendas instead).

SLEs...My stepdad is SLE so I know at least one very well, but it seems like 50% of the men I know are SLE. I can tolerate the 7w8s and to an extent the cp 6w7s (not really though) but I cannot tolerate the 8w7s very well. I can't stand aggression and harshness. Loudness. Alpha male attitudes. We always butt heads.

I don't mind SEEs so much. Their Se is softened by Fi. They may be loud and pushy at times, but they care. ILEs can also rub me the wrong way with their sometimes harsh and categorical statements. Plus they can be annoying and try to push your buttons for the fun of it.
    Hmm I find it's really the ILE-Ti's that have the sometimes harsh and categorical statements. I don't have a big sample of ILE-Ne's I've known but they seem softer. ILE-Ti's do calm down after a while too though.

I don't think I'm SEI either, but for some reason I can't stop thinking about it. If I am SEI then my understanding of socionics is totally flawed. But I do think I appear to have a kind of Ixxp attitude. I don't seem to be an extravert at all. I seek interaction less than even most introverts I know. Also the SEI-Fe subtype description does sound a lot like me. And I am pretty pleasure seeking but don't care about comfort. (Is that more Si- or Si+? My understanding is that Si- [Delta right?] is more about avoiding discomfort and Si+ is more about creating pleasant sensations. In that case I am more Si+. I love and need pleasure (though my idea of pleasure is often not related to anything physical. I consider making lists deeply pleasurable. Or Daydreaming. Or matching my socks while I listen to podcasts [I guess that's technically physical]. Planning is a big one, but I rarely actually do anything.) but I don't care about discomfort/comfort in the slightest. Or things like furniture/decor/lighting. Trivial.
    Lol the bolded

Also I don't eat. All the Si doms I know take great pleasure in food. For me it's a hassle and I resent the fact that I need to eat to survive. I wish I could just inject all my nutrients and calories lol. And hopefully gain 30 lbs in the process.

But I do love to sleep. Mostly because I love to dream and doze in and out and let ideas come to me. I will always choose sleeping over eating. If I am hungry sometimes I just go to sleep.

When I do eat I usually just eat peanut butter right out of the jar or drink disgusting protein shakes. Sometimes I'll wrap a pickle spear in some ham. Or I'll eat handfuls of nuts even though I hate them.

And I eat as fast as I can so I can get it over with. People say I eat like I'm in prison and I'm afraid someone is going to steal my food. I don't chew much and I prefer to stick to liquids. I like soup. Chewing is annoying. I actually chew gum though. But gum is different. It's mindless. Eating and cooking takes too much energy and focus. I might even start eating something and enjoy it at first and get tired of eating it halfway through and throw it away.
    Lol god!! Forget SEI for yourself, please. Chewing and eating being tiring? Ne is really strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaiviay View Post
    Hi @schwiftyrickty! Lol for what it's worth, IEE doesn't seem too far off as a possibility, but I'm leaning slightly more towards ILE for you. I watched your videos and read through lots of your posts. I don't have many concrete reasons, but you just seemed to give off a Fe-valuing vibe rather than Fi-valuing, even if you're most interested in people.

Plus I felt really comfortable, happy, and engaged listening to you explain yourself in your videos, and it reminded me of the way I felt talking with other ILEs in real life. Especially when your sentences were most spontaneous/natural. Then I felt intellectually intrigued the way ILEs help me feel (as opposed to IEEs).

Personal impressions like this aren't necessarily a good indicator of types, but this is my two cents.
    Yeah, I think that is a good point about the spontaneity of expression (?) thing. I've seen that with ILEs only, really, I'm not sure how I can put it into words though. It's like... kind of an innocent curious spontaneity? It's kind of cute actually in some ILEs to me. And emotionally the expression is not very refined but I may have mentioned that before. I'd have to watch the video again to say more.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@schwiftyrickty Don't assume that anyone on the forum is typed correctly. And don't base your type off of perceived interactions with these people whose types may not even be correct. I agree with what @Feathers said about how some people do have a persona and that too can be deceptive as to their actual type. Haven't watched any videos of yours or read many of your posts, so currently have nothing to give you. . . haven't even read this thread, just skimmed and saw the brief discussion of forum interactions and thought I'd throw in my 2c on that front. However unwelcome it might end up being lol.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    @schwiftyrickty Don't assume that anyone on the forum is typed correctly. And don't base your type off of perceived interactions with these people whose types may not even be correct. I agree with what @Feathers said about how some people do have a persona and that too can be deceptive as to their actual type. Haven't watched any videos of yours or read many of your posts, so currently have nothing to give you. . . haven't even read this thread, just skimmed and saw the brief discussion of forum interactions and thought I'd throw in my 2c on that front. However unwelcome it might end up being lol.
    Don't worry, I always assume 90% of people are mistyped lol.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I appreciate that. I do love me some SEIs. It's one of the main reasons I'm holding on to the ILE typing. I find it hard to believe that's not my dual because 100% of my most joyful interactions occur with SEIs. Partly probably because I know a lot of them, but they have this special quality.. I usually don't feel like they're judging me or like they can't keep a secret. They're receptive and energizing at the same time.

Around SEIs I feel my smartest and my funniest. Is that a common feeling to have among duals do you think?

Sooo how do IEEs make you feel? I actually don't think I know any confirmed IEEs IRL so that makes things difficult for me.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Myst

I love how diligently you format your responses with all the individual quotes.

When you take a while to respond sometimes I think I finally scared you away with my long winded self-indulgent rants, and then you finally respond in such a lovely, organized, easy to read post, and I feel such relief. Haha

Maybe Ne doms don't bother you as much because they have a more sophisticated grasp of Ne. My theory for why I hate SLEs the most is because they're more in your face with their betaness just because they're extraverts. LSIs probably keep it to themselves more so it's easier to ignore.

I'm not sure what you mean about why I dislike the LSI stuff though. You mean I'm having an unusually strong reaction to Javert? It seems obvious to me why I hate him so much and it's baffling why anyone empathizes with him at all. His only purpose in life was being a narc and torturing and harrassing someone, and he actually thought he was doing the right thing. He never once stopped to consider that anything other than his original views had any validity and as soon as he was exposed to the truth he immediately offed himself. Like he'd rather be dead than consider he's wrong. And it takes such an event to make it happen. Sorry I have only seen it once, I don't remember the exact plot lol. But I just don't like narcs and I think people should mind their own business and live and let live. And black and white thinking and stubbornness piss me off.

I can totally see you guys' reasoning for thinking I'm ILE but I can't get past the fact that ILEs have 4d Te and I clearly don't. I mean maybe me being harmonizing is clouding things.

Oh I'm thinking of getting my sister or my mom to do a video with me so you can see me actually interacting with someone and getting the opinion of someone who knows me well. My sister is SEI and my mom is SEE. My dad is SLI so it'd be cool if I could have one with him and one with my sister, but there's no way he'd do it.
    Last edited by schwiftyrickty; 07-18-2018 at 11:46 AM.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Feathers sorry, I had already kinda given up on this thread when you joined. Did you have an opinion on my type?

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I appreciate that. I do love me some SEIs. It's one of the main reasons I'm holding on to the ILE typing. I find it hard to believe that's not my dual because 100% of my most joyful interactions occur with SEIs. Partly probably because I know a lot of them, but they have this special quality.. I usually don't feel like they're judging me or like they can't keep a secret. They're receptive and energizing at the same time.

Around SEIs I feel my smartest and my funniest. Is that a common feeling to have among duals do you think?

Sooo how do IEEs make you feel? I actually don't think I know any confirmed IEEs IRL so that makes things difficult for me.
    I appreciate that too, it's nice to hear some appreciation for SEIs ^^ xD

I think it's common to feel your most appreciated around your dual, depending on what that means for you. Maybe it would be common for ILEs to feel their smartest and funniest around their duals? I'm not sure how it would feel for IEEs. It's like I feel most free to be myself around my dual.

IEEs and ILEs both make me feel similarly uplifted and intrigued in conversation with them, but after a short time I feel more sobered down by IEEs and less intellectually stimulated by them...possibly because they're less concerned with how things fit together in systematic functions. ILEs talk like they're always solving puzzles, and I enjoy that lots.

Hope this helps!

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I can totally see you guys' reasoning for thinking I'm ILE but I can't get past the fact that ILEs have 4d Te and I clearly don't. I mean maybe me being harmonizing is clouding things.
    In the video you mentioned that you have a good memory for storing lots of facts. From what I understand, this is a part of ILE's .

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

In the video you mentioned that you have a good memory for storing lots of facts. From what I understand, this is a part of ILE's .
    That is true. That's pretty much the only thing though. I think almost anyone could memorize stuff as well as me if they put their mind to it though. I just make flashcards and quiz myself over and over until I know it. I have a shoebox full of hundreds and hundreds of flashcards. I'm also pretty good at inventing my own little mnemonics though so that helps.

Actually, my ex (who was SEI) had a master's degree in geography and I knew way more about geography than her. But nothing you couldn't quickly look up lol. Her knowledge was more useful obviously. More related to technology. (She hated working in that field btw.) And I was speaking to an LIE coworker the other day who apparently has a lot of capitals memorized and we quizzed each other for a while. I know more of course even though he's a nerd. I have a single-mindedness about memorizing shit. But yeah he's the first person that has ever come close to matching my memorization of geography.

The other parts of Te, the productivity and business mindedness, I don't do. Maybe just because it's boring to me though.

And I don't really feel energized or smart or funny around SLIs. Maybe funny, but not clever. Sometimes they make me feel stupid actually. Or at least like I'm silly and ineffectual.

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

That is true. That's pretty much the only thing though. I think almost anyone could memorize stuff as well as me if they put their mind to it though. I just make flashcards and quiz myself over and over until I know it. I have a shoebox full of hundreds and hundreds of flashcards. I'm also pretty good at inventing my own little mnemonics though so that helps.

The other parts of Te, the productivity and business mindedness, I don't do. Maybe just because it's boring to me though.

And I don't really feel energized or smart or funny around SLIs. Maybe funny, but not clever. Sometimes they make me feel stupid actually. Or at least like I'm silly and ineffectual.
    Hmm I see what you mean. Well probably Te is not your POLR, if you've done all that memorizing and flashcards. It'd be really stressful to do that, for me.

ILEs are usually bored by those business things, but then again so are IEEs...

Hmm, the fact that you enjoy SEIs more makes me think you would be ILE, but not necessarily. I sometimes feel silly and ineffectual around ILEs, especially in the past...It's because being in their presence makes me see how much worse I am at logic by comparison (how much longer it takes me to process things objectively) and I fear they might criticize me for it. They never really have, though, it's just an insecurity on my part. Whenever I have trouble understanding something, they just try to help clarify the concepts and I feel reassured, then. I have heard that duals can trigger insecurity for many people, at least before trust is established, or before they're used to dual relations. So I guess it could still be possible that SLI is your dual after all...it's tough to say. But if you still feel most energized by SEI, that sounds like duality.

So just some more points to consider

Edit: So maybe if you got closer to SLIs, you'd feel more fulfilled from relating with them than you do with SEIs? Or maybe you still wouldn't. This might point to your type.

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Actually, my ex (who was SEI) had a master's degree in geography and I knew way more about geography than her. But nothing you couldn't quickly look up lol. Her knowledge was more useful obviously. More related to technology. (She hated working in that field btw.) And I was speaking to an LIE coworker the other day who apparently has a lot of capitals memorized and we quizzed each other for a while. I know more of course even though he's a nerd. I have a single-mindedness about memorizing shit. But yeah he's the first person that has ever come close to matching my memorization of geography.
    Oh well goodness!! If you have a memory that can rival a LIE coworker then this does sound like you have a strong Are you sure you're not good at Te things? lol

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hmm I see what you mean. Well probably Te is not your POLR, if you've done all that memorizing and flashcards. It'd be really stressful to do that, for me.

ILEs are usually bored by those business things, but then again so are IEEs...

Hmm, the fact that you enjoy SEIs more makes me think you would be ILE, but not necessarily. I sometimes feel silly and ineffectual around ILEs, especially in the past...It's because being in their presence makes me see how much worse I am at logic by comparison (how much longer it takes me to process things objectively) and I fear they might criticize me for it. They never really have, though, it's just an insecurity on my part. Whenever I have trouble understanding something, they just try to help clarify the concepts and I feel reassured, then. I have heard that duals can trigger insecurity for many people, at least before trust is established, or before they're used to dual relations. So I guess it could still be possible that SLI is your dual after all...it's tough to say. But if you still feel most energized by SEI, that sounds like duality.

So just some more points to consider

Edit: So maybe if you got closer to SLIs, you'd feel more fulfilled from relating with them than you do with SEIs? Or maybe you still wouldn't. This might point to your type.
    Yeah, one of my frustrations with SEIs has actually been in their unwillingness to learn or study just for the sake of it. I'll start talking to one (mainly talking about my ex and my sister) about something I've been really into lately and they'll be engaged and seem interested in the topic and I urge them to do some independent study so we can have more in-depth conversations about it later and they can bring their own knowledge to the table and we can kind of combine our ideas and our understanding can grow exponentially from there. But they lose interest once I stop talking about it. Or they'll remain interested but rely on me to answer all their questions about it even though I am not exactly an expert in the topic. It makes me feel good to be looked at as a source of information, but I just wish they'd do some independent research.

And I have kind of caught myself talking to my ex the same way my dad used to talk to my mom. Making her feel illogical and emotional. We would sometimes get into these heated arguments about what was correct that she would almost always end up crying by the end. But to me we were just having a fun debate, but apparently I got too passionate and she felt like I was being mean and acting like she was stupid (and I never once thought she was stupid. She's smarter than me in most ways, and definitely more educated). Like I literally had no idea she was getting upset or why she would be getting upset until she started crying. I made her cry a lot. And I never meant to be mean at all. (Maybe she just cries a lot in general.) And then I would piss her off more by trying to explain why her being upset makes no sense. I look back at situations like this and can see a case for me having weak Fi.

Being around ethical folks always makes me feel logical. And being around logical folks makes me feel ethical lol. I don't feel logical enough to keep up with logical people and apparently I unintentionally bully ethical people if we're close enough.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

As for SLIs, they never actually make me feel stupid so much as like I have no useful skills and my priorities are all wrong. I do find them interesting to talk to (depending on the subject). And I respect how practical they are in a way that I will never be. They tend to have real life skills and actually enjoy doing the things I find incredibly boring. My good SLI friend is really good with cars and I hate listening to him talk about them but I think it's really cool that he knows so much and I wish I could work on cars. It would be a really useful skill to have.
    Last edited by schwiftyrickty; 07-19-2018 at 03:00 AM.

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yeah, one of my frustrations with SEIs has actually been in their unwillingness to learn or study just for the sake of it. I'll start talking to one (mainly talking about my ex and my sister) about something I've been really into lately and they'll be engaged and seem interested in the topic and I urge them to do some independent study so we can have more in-depth conversations about it later and they can bring their own knowledge to the table and we can kind of combine our ideas and our understanding can grow exponentially from there. But they lose interest once I stop talking about it. Or they'll remain interested but rely on me to answer all their questions about it even though I am not exactly an expert in the topic. It makes me feel good to be looked at as a source of information, but I just wish they'd do some independent research.

And I have kind of caught myself talking to my ex (I know we aren't even together anymore so I talk about her too much but we lived together like 5 years and we know more about each other than anyone else) the same way my dad used to talk to my mom. Making her feel illogical and emotional. We would sometimes get into these heated arguments about what was correct that she would almost always end up crying by the end. But to me we were just having a fun debate, but apparently I got too passionate and she felt like I was being mean and acting like she was stupid (and I never once thought she was stupid. She's smarter than me in most ways, and definitely more educated). Like I literally had no idea she was getting upset or why she would be getting upset until she started crying. I made her cry a lot. And I never meant to be mean at all. (Maybe she just cries a lot in general.) And then I would piss her off more by trying to explain why her being upset makes no sense. I look back at situations like this and can see a case for me having weak Fi.

Being around ethical folks always makes me feel logical. And being around logical folks makes me feel ethical lol. I don't feel logical enough to keep up with logical people and apparently I unintentionally bully ethical people if we're close enough.
    Ahhh Yeah I see what you mean, it makes sense that you'd want people who study things on your level so that you can talk about it with them in more depth, whatever your type is. I actually wrote about how I think types should try to develop their weaker functions so they can be more well-rounded individuals and provide their duals with a more fulfilling interaction, instead of just relying on their duals to take care of those things. I think most people still want to see their ego functions used well enough by their partner, even if the dual seeking and HA functions are the bigger priority for them. So it makes sense to me that you'd want her to do her own studying, if you're ILE. It could suggest that maybe you're seeking a SLI's logic, too.

I agree that your second paragraph sounds like a good case for Fi POLR, considering that you couldn't tell she was getting upset until she started crying.

Well I'm still leaning towards ILE for you, but it is a tough call I would think a good thing to ask yourself is if you like Ti or Te more, and also Fe or Fi more. I like Stratiyevskaya's descriptions of all 8 functions of each type. have you taken a look at what she's written for IEE and ILE?

http://wikisocion.net/en/index.php?t...Stratiyevskaya
    http://wikisocion.net/en/index.php?t...Stratiyevskaya

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

As for SLIs, they never actually make me feel stupid so much as like I have no useful skills and my priorities are all wrong. I do find them interesting to talk to (depending on the subject). And I respect how practical they are in a way that I will never be. They tend to have real life skills and actually enjoy doing the things I find incredibly boring. My good SLI friend is really good with cars and I hate listening to him talk about them but I think it's really cool that he knows so much and I wish I could work on cars. It would be a really useful skill to have.
    "they never actually make me feel stupid so much as like...my priorities are all wrong...They tend to have real life skills and actually enjoy doing the things I find incredibly boring" -could point to unvalued Te.

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Sorry for not replying yesterday, @schwiftyrickty, wasn't much of a productive day I guess. I'm afraid I won't bring any new insight to the table-- Your type is a mystery to me as much as it is to you and a few others. One thing I can say for sure is that you are Ne/Si valuing, most likely a Ne-base/ego.

My pockets of wisdom are empty, that's about it D:
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If subtypes are a thing (and I feel they must be to explain the differences between people of the same type) and if DCNH and the two subtype system could co-exist and have compounding effects, in theory that would explain how someone's PoLR and Creative could be about equal strength. An H-ILE-Ne's Fi and Ti would be the same. Fi would get a triple boost: +1 for DCNH (.5 for strengthened PoLR, .5 always goes to Fi) and .5 to everything on the left side of model A.

H-IEE-Ne
    Ne: 4.5 Fi: 3
    Ti: 2 Se: 1.5
    Te: 2.5 Si: 1
    Ni: 4 Fe: 3.5

H-ILE-Ne
    Ne: 4.5 Ti: 2.5
    Fi: 2.5 Se: 1.5
    Fe: 2.5 Si: 1
    Ni: 4 Te: 3.5

So I guess I need to focus more on what elements I value not which ones I'm strong in.

Though idk if it could really work like that. But that would explain why I'm so close on a lot of IEs that should be quite different.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

@Myst

I love how diligently you format your responses with all the individual quotes.

When you take a while to respond sometimes I think I finally scared you away with my long winded self-indulgent rants, and then you finally respond in such a lovely, organized, easy to read post, and I feel such relief. Haha
    Hey, lol, don't worry. I don't mind the rants.

Maybe Ne doms don't bother you as much because they have a more sophisticated grasp of Ne.
    I was thinking it also had something to do with this: "These types of people live through original views and ideas on workings of external world and are conservative in that knowledge." (From Ne lead description here.)

It's like they are a bit more picky in what ideas they find potential for, compared to Ne creative...? Not sure if that's it. Maybe just what I said about not being able to follow it as concretely.

My theory for why I hate SLEs the most is because they're more in your face with their betaness just because they're extraverts. LSIs probably keep it to themselves more so it's easier to ignore.

I'm not sure what you mean about why I dislike the LSI stuff though. You mean I'm having an unusually strong reaction to Javert? It seems obvious to me why I hate him so much and it's baffling why anyone empathizes with him at all. His only purpose in life was being a narc and torturing and harrassing someone, and he actually thought he was doing the right thing. He never once stopped to consider that anything other than his original views had any validity and as soon as he was exposed to the truth he immediately offed himself. Like he'd rather be dead than consider he's wrong. And it takes such an event to make it happen. Sorry I have only seen it once, I don't remember the exact plot lol. But I just don't like narcs and I think people should mind their own business and live and let live. And black and white thinking and stubbornness piss me off.
    Oh I meant your reaction to LSI stuff in general.

I do empathize with his confusion, actually. Like, there is this thing he devoted himself to and then it all suddenly no longer computes, like, at all. As for the latter part, I have moments like that about certain things, that they just stop computing. I do know how to move past that point but it's not nice in the moment. It's usually about ethical issues btw. So that makes it worse really.

What do you see as 4D Te in definite ILEs that you don't relate to?

Oh I'm thinking of getting my sister or my mom to do a video with me so you can see me actually interacting with someone and getting the opinion of someone who knows me well. My sister is SEI and my mom is SEE. My dad is SLI so it'd be cool if I could have one with him and one with my sister, but there's no way he'd do it.
    Sure, if you feel like it, get a video like that posted.

The bolded sounds stereotypical Fi PoLR, but I've seen possible IEE also being bothered by feeling judged.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You sound ethical. Although I do find it very hard to straighten my bicycle wheel (due to multiple tiny operations which I know in theory and it is supposedly easy) in absolutely right way and I can usually replace my broken laptop screen/broken charge port from mobile phone/etc ie. stuff that does not demand incredibly accuracy (especially since it is so much cheaper knowing that I continue to break my own things). [Nor would I avoid to desig something to read data from some sort of device using wires and programming or something completely new but then I might need people with good hands...]
    Last edited by The Reality Denialist; 07-22-2018 at 01:15 PM.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    You sound ethical. Although I do find it very hard to straighten my bicycle wheel (due to multiple tiny operations which I know in theory and it is supposedly easy) in absolutely right way and I can usually replace my broken laptop screen/broken charge port from mobile phone/etc ie. stuff that does not demand incredibly accuracy (especially since it is so much cheaper knowing that I continue to break my own things). [Nor would I avoid to desig something to read data from some sort of device using wires and programming or something completely new but then I might need people with good hands...]
    Is that supposed to be evidence for me being ethical?? lol

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Partially yes, very little inclination towards certain kind of problem solving. Let's add your relation to math on top of it. And you admire people who can work with cars [I would not be one of those]. Any truly logical hobbies besides arguing [which also covers area called super-id block]?

One could possibly make a case for Te ignoring. If I were you I would take a look into Model G profiles. It gives nice framing for energy (maximum, optimum, minimum and pessimum) for each type. Model A mobilizing is in fact in pessimum energy category ( http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...VICTOR-GULENKO )
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Partially yes, very little inclination towards certain kind of problem solving. Let's add your relation to math on top of it. And you admire people who can work with cars [I would not be one of those]. Any truly logical hobbies besides arguing [which also covers area called super-id block]?

One could possibly make a case for Te ignoring. If I were you I would take a look into Model G profiles. It gives nice framing for energy (maximum, optimum, minimum and pessimum) for each type. Model A mobilizing is in fact in pessimum energy category ( http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...VICTOR-GULENKO )
    You right, I'm probably ethical. That stuff you said you like sounds lame to me, no offense lol. If something of mine broke I'd probably smash it and get a new one. Or I'd just live without it for a while. (Sometimes I find it fun to not have something I'm used to having such as a phone or internet or a car or water or electricity. It kinda shakes things up in my routine because I have to find ways around my usual habits. If I don't have a car I'll walk everywhere, no phone I am happy not to have to talk to anyone, no internet I'll start reading more and going to the library, no water I shower at the gym, etc.)

What would constitute a "truly logical hobby"? I play chess a bit and I like doing puzzles like sudoku and cryptograms and crosswords. That's about it.

I do admire people who work with cars because it's so useful and I find anything useful boring personally. I always wish I was a more practical person, so I can totally see the appeal of having an SLI around to do all the dirty work. Taking care of the house and the car and whatnot. I admire someone who changes their own oil etc., and wants to save money and do things for themselves because I personally pay someone to mow my own lawn lol. It's not even that big and there is no reason I can't do it myself. I just hate doing it and don't care what the grass looks like. I'm half tempted to kill it all. But I sometimes kind of fantasize about being this productive DIYer and getting up early and mowing my own lawn and keeping a tidy house and getting a job as an exterminator or a garbage man and working hard and making an honest, good living. But them I'm like naaaw. Fuck that. I have much better things to be doing. And why the fuck do I think I could be an exterminator? lol I used to have pet rats! And I'm scared of crawlspaces!

Pretty sure I'm IEE, just a really strong Ne subtype. The ITR make more sense. I'm clearly opposite Beta and I have no problem with Gamma SFs at all. I usually find them pleasant and a lot of my best friends are gamma SF.

Oh yeah and I did look at the model G stuff. Very interesting. They switched creative and demonstrative? I suppose that might actually make more sense for me in a way?
    Last edited by schwiftyrickty; 07-26-2018 at 05:26 AM.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You have no idea how many people are down on their knees when it comes to any kind of technology...

But anyways the thing about your "usefulness" shows clear lack of logic as well. LOL.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m two weeks late but this is one of the best things I ever read
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You have no idea how many people are down on their knees when it comes to any kind of technology...

But anyways the thing about your "usefulness" shows clear lack of logic as well. LOL.
    You mean down on their knees like, obsessed with it?

Do you think I could be Te valuing though?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    I’m two weeks late but this is one of the best things I ever read
    Lol Thanks?

Is there any type likely to have this opinion or am I an abnormality all around? Or maybe it's NTR at all.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Pretty certain of IEE (or ESE). I might say that H subtype is probably off [think it as introverted irrational observing layer]. They usually have much lower energy than you and I'm basing this on your habits you described above.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Pretty certain of IEE (or ESE). I might say that H subtype is probably off [think it as introverted irrational observing layer]. They usually have much lower energy than you and I'm basing this on your habits you described above.
    I don't think I could be ESE. I know many ESEs and they are way over the top compared to me. And I have very weak sensing, especially Se. I can be very low energy most of the time. It's only when I get excited about something I have any energy at all.

If I'm not Harmonizing I'm probably Creative. If I was any type that wasn't Exxp, I might consider myself creative for sure.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Actually I wish I understood the ignoring/connecting dichotomy better. I ignore my environment completely but I do keep an ear to what's going on with the people in my direct vicinity.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Here's a picture of my day:

It's my day off. I've taken two naps today and walked about 4 miles. I've gotten high three times, showered for the first time in a few days, eaten an almond joy, a salad (1/3 of which I fed to my dog), and a banana. Now I'm drinking gin mixed with flat, watermelon perrier from yesterday (normally I'd never drink perrier but I love anything watermelon flavored). It was gross so I added lemon juice and a teaspoon of sugar. It's still gross but it tastes better the closer to the bottom I get. Not sure if it's just because it's mostly gin and sugar down there or because my taste buds are going numb.

I'm reading two books at once right now. The Bell Jar is on my left and Fight Club is on my right. I've taken to reading all the classics lately. Most of them suck. I'm also trying to learn Russian again. I made up a lot of flashcards that I study for twenty minutes or so until my forehead aches. I'm also watching all the sketch comedy DVDs I own and rating every individual sketch out of 5 stars and writing a brief description of each one. I will save these for later so I can remember which parts are worth watching and which parts were a swing and a miss. I like to share my love of sketch comedy with others but it's awkward when you watch an episode with them and they seem to fall flat one after the other and then they probably won't trust your taste anymore. Also I enjoy taking notes on things I watch. It makes me feel like I'm doing something useful even though I'm clearly not. But maybe someday I will make a compilation video of all my personal favorites. That's something I'd like to have.

I should be cutting down some of the 6 foot weeds I have growing in the backyard. The city was knocking on my door a week ago talking about fines.

Yesterday I vacuumed for the first time since my ex fiancee moved out (four months ago?). I hated it and I did a bad job and it took forever and I only did one room. I hate having to move furniture around only to have to move it right back. I hate how the cord gets in the way and if you tug on it too hard it might come out of the outlet and you have to plug it back in. I wished I didn't have a dog that got hair everywhere. It's not worth it. I have to get up and let her outside every fifteen minutes so I can let her back in in five.

I'm lazy as shit and I don't care that much about anything. Just whatever is amusing at the moment.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You mean down on their knees like, obsessed with it?

Do you think I could be Te valuing though?
    Being on their knees and desperately wanting help.

Anyways, something some deltas might have hard time to comprehend [maybe relates mostly to IEE and SLI dyad]
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Being on their knees and desperately wanting help.

Anyways, something some deltas might have hard time to comprehend [maybe relates mostly to IEE and SLI dyad]
    I love Dilbert. I keep Dilbert comics next to the toilet lol.

I definitely don't have the "knack" myself.

My dad is SLI and is very handy with all things including computers. He dabbles in programming too and he can build his own computers and stuff. Usually it's the kids helping the parents with the computers lol. I just have no interest in technology. I actually like doing things the old fashioned way. I own a washboard. I have a push mower. I use a french press. I don't even own a microwave. I like to keep things simple. I don't even want to have a cellphone, but I kind of need one.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Actually I wish I understood the ignoring/connecting dichotomy better. I ignore my environment completely but I do keep an ear to what's going on with the people in my direct vicinity.
    Based on video H looks bit unlikely...

N would measure the situation from a distance and form judgments and H would be observing like Gulenko puts it: immersed within themselves in "autistic" manner avoiding tension... and since you like to argue. Do you act like that when you enter into a group?
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Based on video H looks bit unlikely...

N would measure the situation from a distance and form judgments and H would be observing like Gulenko puts it: immersed within themselves in "autistic" manner avoiding tension... and since you like to argue. Do you act like that when you enter into a group?
    No, I usually only argue with people I am very close with. Upon entering a group I probably do act more like the normalizer and just sit back and judge everyone else. I probably think they're doing everything wrong but I don't care enough to say it out loud and I don't want that much responsibility anyway. I'm talking now about mostly group projects and things like that.

Or if I really don't care I might not even pretend to be involved and just ignore the whole thing and do what I want. Reading or doodling or whatever. This would be in situations where I'm forced into a group and I have no interest and feel no responsibility.

Sorry, it's hard for me to even think of examples of group situations. And each situation would be totally different and my behavior would be different depending on my closeness with the people in the group and how much I care about what's happening.

What subtype are you suggesting I seem? Normalizing? And what about the video makes me not seem harmonizing specifically?

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Dominant would be initiative taking sub in a group. Creative would break conventions in a group.

If you mostly see youself as wanting order from distance then N would be most likely.

[I tend to look around me and form some sort of picture of people and craft my responses based on what I have seen and try to keep it OK. I am really leaning towards H while I can be random... I must say that I have limits but I would wish that it would happen. In Borisova's portraits there was a note that H tends to give indirect insults ]
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol Thanks?

Is there any type likely to have this opinion or am I an abnormality all around? Or maybe it's NTR at all.
    Dunno.

Food attitudes and habits do appear connected to type.

So you sound intuitive, and not Si polr as you are so open and articulate about your weird food behavior. That leaves ILE, LII, IEI, ILI, IEE, EII. You’re also really funny so Ne > Ni. Nothing you didn’t already know.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Dominant would be initiative taking sub in a group. Creative would break conventions in a group.

If you mostly see youself as wanting order from distance then N would be most likely.

[I tend to look around me and form some sort of picture of people and craft my responses based on what I have seen and try to keep it OK. I am really leaning towards H while I can be random... I must say that I have limits but I would wish that it would happen. In Borisova's portraits there was a note that H tends to give indirect insults ]

I could make an argument for me being normalizing. Really Dominant is the only one I couldn't make a case for, at least not at this time in my life. The main issue I have with being a normalizer is that I don't think I could be terminal. I've never finished anything ever. Literally ever. I'm always starting things and leaving them. Plus I live a pretty chaotic lifestyle, but maybe not compared to other IEEs?

And I feel that I do the same thing you do. I keep an eye on the people around me and try to level things out. For example if people are talking shit about someone I always try to come to their defense and give the other side of the story, try to explain their possible reasoning. I don't want things to get too out of hand. Or if I can sense tension between two people I will try to iron it out, maybe come between them to separate them. I act totally different depending who I'm around also. I feel I read the room and provide what is missing.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast