Thread: Montreal Shooting

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Montreal Shooting

I have just found that some male children of ISFP mothers get to hate women or the world in general and go on shooting sprees such as more recently in Montral.

In 1989:

In 2006:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montreal_Massacre
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By the way, my own mother is ISFP, there is no discimination in this post.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    By the way, my own mother is ISFP, there is no discimination in this post.
    One of the unintentionally funniest posts ever.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am working very hard to improve my psychological wellbeing. I have noticed certain pitfalls that are related to my upbringing and i wish to avoid them by discussing their nature with others and soliciting advice from otehrs.

For the record, I love women

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Montreal Shooting

*reads url*

That has to be one of the most pointless entries ever ...

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Montreal Shooting

Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    *reads url*

That has to be one of the most pointless entries ever ...
    Actually there are 3 similar instances of school shootings in Montreal that are in my opinion somewhat related with each other. In that page they are listed all 3 of them.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ohh yeah, I see ... it was funny the way it was posted.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i wish to avoid them by... soliciting advice from otehrs.
    stop blaming others for your problems and just be who you want to be (it's a process)
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh yeah, and don't shoot people
    SEE

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    i wish to avoid them by... soliciting advice from otehrs.
    stop blaming others for your problems and just be who you want to be (it's a process)
    I am not blaming anyone, I am trying to avoid possible problems and perhaps help others too. If someone had talked to those guys they would not have ruined other peoples' lives.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem isn't what psychological type their mothers were.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if I ever feel like shooting someone I'll be sure to think of this thread

seriously though, your posts are starting to sound more positive, and that's a good thing
    SEE

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    The problem isn't what psychological type their mothers were.
    I agree. Only very unhealthy people can do such things. However, the nature of the things that people do depends on the type they have.

Some might go on a shooting spree others might kill only themselves.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh yeah, and don't shoot people
    Thanks Joy, your comments are great

I will keep that in mind.

I really think we can avoid these shooting sprees by dealing with the underlying conflicts that fuel them, much as Freud dealt with many issues by unvovering the hidden conflicts of the subconscious.

Creepy-bg

wasn't Freud's mother ISFp?

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    wasn't Freud's mother ISFp?
    Exactly, he overcame his upbringing and developed many new ideas. Do oyu think it is a coincidencethat he placed a huge amount of importance on on how the patient's mother treatet him/her?

The clasinc joke about psychonalysts is something like this:

What is the difference between a psychiatrist and a psychologist?
    If you say to a psychiatrist "I hate my mother," he will ask "Why do you say that?" while a psychologist will say "Thank you for sharing that with us."

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mother is also ISFp ... I hope that does not mean anything.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My husband's mother is ESFj (also evil I think?) and his father is ISFp. I have no idea what that means for him.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is weird ... cause my stepfather is ESFj and my mother ISFp ...

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    My mother is also ISFp ... I hope that does not mean anything.
    All people have an effect on those around them, depending on their own health and other circumstances that effect can be negative or positive. Type theory suggests some of the possible propensities, its' not deterministic.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISFPS ARE NOT EVIL AND THERE ARE PSYCHOTIC PEOPLE WITH ALL DIFFERENT TYPES OF PARENTS. YOUR PARENT'S TYPE WILL NOT MAKE YOU UNHEALTHY (though intertype relations can throw a few struggles at you) GOOD FRIGGIN GRIEF
    SEE

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that many people underestimate these problems, thats' why there are shootings all the time, I have countless examples but everyone can have their own opinions. I will no longer comment on those issues in this website.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you don't think there are shooters or serial killers or child abusers who have ENTj or ENFp or ESTp and INFj or INTj (you get my point) parents?

I think you're reading about people with parents with borderline personality disorder or some other mental issue and calling it ISFp because you're connecting the brain problem with your mom who is ISFp
    SEE

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you're reading about people with parents with borderline personality disorder or some other mental issue and calling it ISFp because you're connecting the brain problem with your mom who is ISFp
    DING DING DING DING
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok Joy OK

Why would an ESFJ mother tell her ISFP daughter all her life that it is her fault that her father died when the daughter was not even born at the time of the death?

Do you have any idea how much my mother was hurt by that?

The ESFJ grandmother said that to relieve her own sense of guilt and pain on the toddler. And she did that with everything, all the time.

And my mother did that to me in return.

That process is going on right now in millions of families around the world creating untold psychological suffering and planting the seeds of future trauma, such as the Hussein regime in Iraq, etc etc.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

See here's the problem

This should read:

Why would a mother tell her daughter all her life that it is her fault that her father died when the daughter was not even born at the time of the death?
    Because that is not type related. That is just emotionally abusive parenting. Any type can do that.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

See here's the problem

This should read:

Why would a mother tell her daughter all her life that it is her fault that her father died when the daughter was not even born at the time of the death?
    Because that is not type related. That is just emotionally abusive parenting. Any type can do that.
    My other ISFJ grandmother never did that. Thats' why my ESFJ grandmother lived 85 years while the ISFJ grandmother lived 60 years. But the ISFJs' children all grew up to be accomplished individuals in their chosen fields of activity. Whereas the children of the ESFJ were so repressed that not a signle one of them did what they wanted to do in life and so are bitter abusive adults.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not type related
    SEE

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not type related
    Joy do you think I enjoy slandering my family for no reason?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's only because the ISFj was emotionally healthy and the ISFp wasn't. But that's coincidence. That's one specific ISFj and one specific ISFp. That doesn't mean all ISFps parent in that way, by a long shot. Or that all ISFjs are emotionally healthy parents.

I know good and bad parents of probably every type in existence.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's only because the ISFj was emotionally healthy and the ISFp wasn't. But that's coincidence. That's one specific ISFj and one specific ISFp. That doesn't mean all ISFps parent in that way, by a long shot. Or that all ISFjs are emotionally healthy parents.

I know good and bad parents of probably every type in existence.
    My father is ENTP and his mother was ISFJ, his conflictor. However he was allowed to do whatever he wanted. He decided to become a journalist, and he did become one.

Did he suffer from the fact that his mother was also a single mother and his conflictor? Undoubtly, to this day he gets migranes. However, he was allowed to marry the girl he loved, to get the profession he wanted, to live in the town his wife chose,etc etc.

My uncle, the son of the ESFJ, marrieda girl he did not like AT ALL, got a job he hated, in e neighborhood he hated, etc etc. Thats why he died at 40.
    His mother lived more than he and his father combined.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Again, you're talking about emotionally healthy people and comparing them to an emotionally unhealthy person. Their types have NOTHING to do with it. The problem with your mother isn't that she's ISFp, it's that she's a bad parent. The problem with your grandmother isn't that she's ESFj, it's that she's a bad parent. They could have been bad parents of other types.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Again, you're talking about emotionally healthy people and comparing them to an emotionally unhealthy person. Their types have NOTHING to do with it. The problem with your mother isn't that she's ISFp, it's that she's a bad parent. The problem with your grandmother isn't that she's ESFj, it's that she's a bad parent. They could have been bad parents of other types.
    I agree with you that some people are more healthy than others, however I still think that type plays in a role in the kind of parents that people are. The ISFJ grandmother was nto a perfect parent by any strech of the imagination, one of doughters became pregnant as a teenager and all her children had to work since a young age, but the nature of the upbringing was much different that the ESFJ, why simply bullied and abused her children for her own pleasure.

I think thats' it: the ESFJ bullied her kids, straight forward abused them, especially my mother who was the youngest and only daughter, and last in the pecking order. She also repressed them tremendously.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not type related
    SEE

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She didn't bully them because she's an ESFj. She bullied them because she's a bully. Some types might be more likely to be bullies than others, but a) ESFj is only one of those types and b) I think any type if they're unhealthy could bully a child.
    -Mark Twain