Thread: Differences between Ne-ILE and Ti-ILE (ENTp subtypes)

TIM
    SEI-Si 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Differences between Ne-ILE and Ti-ILE (ENTp subtypes)

What are some of the differences? How can you tell them apart?

TIM
    SEI-Si 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I guess Ne cares more about looks that Ti, and Ti is a more serious person than Ne.

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Just read the subtype description 😂

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my experience:

Ne-ILE has a harder time explaining things concisely - says umm, ahh etc. more.
    Ti-ILE is more level-headed, less abstract in his explanations. Doesn't jump as much between things.
    Ne-ILE is 'friendlier' in my experience, Ti-ILE is more like a LII-Ne, a bit closed off and more observing. Ne-ILE is very happy to talk to people most of the time IME.
    Ti-ILE is a bit more judgmental in social situations. Has less tolerance for others.

This is the same with Ne/Fi-IEE's i think.

Ti-ILE's can resemble LII-Ne's.
    ''Time is a child playing draughts, the kingly power is a child's.''

TIM
    ILE ENTp-Ti
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE-Ne are horrible and the weaker their Ti is the more difficult they are. The way I think about them is "get serious" but they never do that instead they argue with some bullshit they read on the internet and they don't progress in their ideas on their own. Intuition is usually not working well for them, if working at all.

But many types have something like this, like getting one idea and defend it regardless the evidence that it's definitely wrong. The ILE-Ne does this most vigorously. I think the problem is that they don't understand how to think something through which makes independent judgement difficult.

a two horned unicorn renegade Troll Nr 007's Avatar
    TIM
    Ne-ILE-C 7 ELFV?
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Subtypes can be changed with chemicals. Hence working out or something might do a lot.

Anyways, there is no real standard. So it is pointless. It should be just rational vs irrational. Even then there are extraverted rational subtypes and introverted rational subtypes same goes for irrationally focused.

I'm introvertedly irrational it seems. Maybe block structure usage should be used to describe the differences. DCNH is a starting point even though it starts from crazy ideas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Groucho Marx
    I donít care to belong to any club that will have me as a member.

TIM
    female
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE-Ne:

Tends to be more intuitive.
    Has a dreamy quality.
    Is somewhat judgmental
    Can be gossipy.
    Ressembles a koala bear.

ILE-Ti:

Tend to be more logical.
    Has an ST vibe.
    Not as judgmental seeming, but their values are very important to them.
    Can be very crafty/cunning.
    Ressembles a fox.

TIM
    Ne-ILE-C 7 ELFV?
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lavos View Post
    ILE-Ne:

Tends to be more intuitive.
    Has a dreamy quality.
    Is somewhat judgmental
    Can be gossipy.
    Ressembles a koala bear.

ILE-Ti:

Tend to be more logical.
    Has an ST vibe.
    Not as judgmental seeming, but their values are very important to them.
    Can be very crafty/cunning.
    Ressembles a fox.
    So the hybrid one resembles a hyena?

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ti-ILEs tend to be experimenters whereas Ne-ILEs are more explorers. The former is much rarer usually liking to play with things and ideas to see what the outcome will be, and tends to be a little more planned or deliberate. The latter seems more fun-loving spending far less time in isolation, liking to let most things free run while taking it all in. A similar parallel can be made for SLE....

a.k.a. I/O
    Last edited by Rebelondeck; 05-02-2018 at 01:36 PM.

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ti-ILEs are really very Te. IMO they seem more "practical" (although the other type can also be accomplished) and sometimes more opportunistic.

The other type makes more observations w/o coming to conclusions, can give off the "I didn't work for this but all this stuff just happened..." vibe.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lemontrees View Post
    Ti-ILEs are really very Te. IMO they seem more "practical" (although the other type can also be accomplished) and sometimes more opportunistic..........
    Neither Ti nor Te necessarily implies a penchant toward practicality. I've seen faulty logic in all T-type versions, and many, many practical solutions invented by F-types. Impracticality is often a sign of laziness......

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    692 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Ne-ILE has "boosted" Ne and Fe, making them superficially appear like and have interests similar to an IEE/NF.
    They are clearly extroverted* and have a stronger need for Si. They get along best with fellow Ne valuing types, especially those who are Ne or Si subtype.

Ti-ILE has "boosted" Ti and Si, making them superficially appear like and have interests similar to an LSI/ST.
    They are "ambiverted"* and have a stronger need for Fe. They get along best with fellow Ti valuing types, especially those who are Ti or Fe subtype.

Extroversion ≠ Sociability. Extroversion is more of an energetic charge and outlook rather than a matter of how much someone likes to be social, though highly extroverted people often do prefer being social. People like Ne-ILE are visibly on "higher energy". Extroverted people seem "electrified"; especially those who have an extroverted subtype. Extroverts with an introverted subtype, depending on how strong it is, will come across as "slower" initially, but upon further interaction will enfold their higher energy. With introverts who have an extroverted subtype, this effect is reversed; they come across as higher energy initially, but then retract visibly after some time. Ep and Ip types tend to have more vacillating energy levels, even those whose subtype corresponds with their main orientation (meaning I vs E). For example, an Ne-ILE may have moments of seeming lower energy once in a while, or an Si-SEI may seem higher energy once in a while. But it is not a regular occurrence as it is for Ti-ILE; their "downtime" happens on a much more regular basis. With Ej and Ij whose subtypes are Je or Ji, their energy levels are the most stable and stereotypical for their orientation. Ij-Ji are the stereotypical introverts, Ej-Je are the stereotypical extroverts in the Socion. Ep-Ji and Ip-Je are the most "ambiverted" in the Socion.
    Last edited by Olimpia; 05-03-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ILE Nes are better in bed. Think.......possibilities.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    692 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nebula View Post
    ILE Nes are better in bed. Think.......possibilities.
    Hahah wishful thinking
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Originator
    TIM
    ILE-3Ne 7w6 so/sp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've noticed Ti subtypes are rather rigid and uncreative (also they're thin, and I'm not). As an Ne subtype, they seem to want more objective data, rather than playing with the idea itself and letting it flow. It's almost as if their Ne has become fettered by Ti (though I suppose it's vice versa for myself). If I had to use a term or phrase or whatever for Ti-centric ILE people, it'd be "anal retentive."
    783-so/sp

TIM
    Ne-ILE-C 7 ELFV?
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't know which subtype Jacques Cousteau (under Gulenkonian DCNH he was normalizing) was but he was quite thin dude. I have met those guys some tend to absorb communal values and then they also voice them loud and clear and such while I'm not really sure of if it is their strategy for life.

ILE-Ne's tend to look quite spacey according to many descriptions and fatter.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by falsehope View Post
    ILE-Ne are horrible and the weaker their Ti is the more difficult they are. The way I think about them is "get serious" but they never do that instead they argue with some bullshit they read on the internet and they don't progress in their ideas on their own. Intuition is usually not working well for them, if working at all.

But many types have something like this, like getting one idea and defend it regardless the evidence that it's definitely wrong. The ILE-Ne does this most vigorously. I think the problem is that they don't understand how to think something through which makes independent judgement difficult.
    I'm pretty skeptical re subtypes, but it sounds like you're extrapolating based on a single person or two that you know. Not all ENTPs who seem especially Ne-ish are like this.

TIM
    ILE-2Ti
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From my personal experiences (as -Ti myself) and observations:

ILE-Ne seems more like the crazy inventor archetype. "I just had this amazing idea! It's glorious! You must hear about it!" would be something you could easily imagine an ILE-Ne say. Overall, they are much more outgoing and loose, for the lack of a better word. They are much more entertaining, in my opinion, and they thrive on getting other people interested in whatever crazy idea they have at the moment.

ILE-Ti seems much more subdued in comparison. Their ideas may still be quite unorthodox, but they are usually aimed at a certain goal, they are not just something randomly pulled out of the air. Their demeanour is more reserved, and they do not seek the spotlight as much, preferring to stay on the sidelines. Could easily be mistaken for introverts on occasion, but they do get increasingly *lonely* when left alone.
    Most likely the most negative alpha you have met
    My life experiences may be tainted by living with an LII and an ILI I lovingly call Satan.