Page 101 of 116 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,040 of 4623

Thread: Your typing of forum members

  1. #4001
    Luminous Lynx Memento Mori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    TIM
    D-ESI-Se 1w2
    Posts
    307
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    @Luminous Lynx
    to close a typing theme after an emotional querrel in it (with IEI), instead of taking fun to prove you are correct - points that you are quiet and rather not conflicting one. this is far from EIE and closer to I, also to Fi types
    Sol, you told me long ago not to type myself based on what others say. At the time you said that the others are "forum flooders" and "noobs" and that their views are "heresy". You told me not to listen to others, yet you expect me to trust you. I have told you that I am willing to listen, and told you twice that if you have sources to send me that can equip me with an understanding of Socionics that I will both appreciate and welcome them. As the saying goes: "Give a man a fish he'll eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he'll feed himself for a lifetime".

    It's that simple. I don't want to be told things, I want to understand them. I want explanations, not statements. I don't want to be dictated to, I want to learn things for myself. As far as I know, you are very knowledgeable of original Socionics literature. Again, if you have sources that I can read then please send them to my PMs. It's OK if they are in Russian, as I can run them through a translator.

    One final time: Are you willing to help or not?
    "We live in an age in which there is no heroic death."


    Model A: ESI-Se -
    DCNH: Dominant

    Enneagram: 1w2, 2w1, 6w7
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/So


  2. #4002

  3. #4003

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Posts
    4,697
    Mentioned
    509 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luminous Lynx View Post
    Sol, you told me long ago not to type myself based on what others say. At the time you said that the others are "forum flooders" and "noobs" and that their views are "heresy". You told me not to listen to others, yet you expect me to trust you.
    Such a good point



    It's that simple. I don't want to be told things, I want to understand them. I want explanations, not statements. I don't want to be dictated to, I want to learn things for myself. As far as I know, you are very knowledgeable of original Socionics literature. Again, if you have source that I can read then please send them to my PMs. It's OK if they are in Russian, as I can run them through a translator.
    In other words, you don't want an Obsessive-Compulsive person (Sol) force their own explanation onto your own sense of logic without making enough sense first. Quite rightfully so.

    Basically Sol doesn't like to refer to other things beyond his own thoughts and ideas, he wants to be the authority on how people should think, while failing to support that with enough facts and falling out of touch with society and other people on what's appropriate socially.

    If I wanted to still use socionics (not), I'd say Sol is failing to serve up 4D Te/3D Ti creative with decent 2D Fe to oil it all, to you : p But nah, I'm fine with just putting it the way I just did above. With a better context, too (not the little generic and at the same time incredibly restricted function model)

  4. #4004

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    3,518
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    In other words, you don't want an Obsessive-Compulsive person (Sol) force their own explanation onto your own sense of logic without making enough sense first. Quite rightfully so.

    Basically Sol doesn't like to refer to other things beyond his own thoughts and ideas, he wants to be the authority on how people should think, while failing to support that with enough facts and falling out of touch with society and other people on what's appropriate socially.

    If I wanted to still use socionics (not), I'd say Sol is failing to serve up 4D Te/3D Ti creative with decent 2D Fe to oil it all, to you : p But nah, I'm fine with just putting it the way I just did above. With a better context, too (not the little generic and at the same time incredibly restricted function model)
    I would say that too, but it's also a kind of hyper-masculinity, "mansplaining"... it's "my way or the highway", it's very imposing of your own will onto others in an attempt to dominate over them. It attempts to have authority over things.

    I would not necessarily say that mansplaining is sexist, as males tend to do that with other males as well, neither it's even necessarily a gendered thing, but mansplaining can be annoying, because it is annoying, especially if the person is not very rational and don't have the ability to empathize with others, as Sol is the case. He just wants to have arbitrary authority so he can impose his will and dominate others (and because he's so desperate for authority, he can't "think outside of the box", he must also follow other authorities to a tee, such as "official", authoritative Socionics texts. Thinking outside of the box is risky and dangerous, because it might make you fall out of being authoritative).

    Of course, his skewed understanding of others make him think that "Fi types" are automatically willing to accept his "perfect" Thinking, and if they're not receptive to it, then it must be because they're "evil Fe types".

  5. #4005
    ooo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    the bootie
    Posts
    3,915
    Mentioned
    272 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I knew Singu is a girl ^___^

  6. #4006

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Posts
    4,697
    Mentioned
    509 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Singu View Post
    I would say that too, but it's also a kind of hyper-masculinity, "mansplaining"... it's "my way or the highway", it's very imposing of your own will onto others in an attempt to dominate over them. It attempts to have authority over things.
    On an online forum...... when he could go outside and get a life. And even a "dual" hey


    I would not necessarily say that mansplaining is sexist, as males tend to do that with other males as well, neither it's even necessarily a gendered thing, but mansplaining can be annoying, because it is annoying, especially if the person is not very rational and don't have the ability to empathize with others, as Sol is the case. He just wants to have arbitrary authority so he can impose his will and dominate others (and because he's so desperate for authority, he can't "think outside of the box", he must also follow other authorities to a tee, such as "official", authoritative Socionics texts. Thinking outside of the box is risky and dangerous, because it might make you fall out of being authoritative).

    Of course, his skewed understanding of others make him think that "Fi types" are automatically willing to accept his "perfect" Thinking, and if they're not receptive to it, then it must be because they're "evil Fe types".
    I dunno, I'm a woman but I don't really try to read his behaviour through gender constructs. So genders aside, yeah, well, he wants to have this on an online forum bc he doesn't have anything better to do with his time I guess

    I agree it's actually no longer a fully rational thing. In a way yeah it tries to block out emotion but the blocked out emotions just end up twisting rationality worse than if they weren't blocked lol

    As for your reasoning on no thinking outside the box: I don't really know if that's what causes not thinking outside the box for Sol. I'm also not good at it, and frankly don't usually care to try and think outside the box, what's the point of it?

    Rhetorical question, in many usual life situations there's not much use of it for me. Maybe for some others sure, not for me.

    Anyhow, agreed on skewed understanding of others, Fi, Fe, whatever lol

    But he also has strong reaction formation in a sense: I recall he posted maybe last year (I wasn't on much this year) that he can't find a dual woman on the forums after years of trying.

    Well... I guess that is where logic/rationality tries to avoid bias so it goes to the other extreme: not wanting to make a mistake in identifying the dual, it gets too cautious and does not identify anyone as the dual.

    And this is ofc because of the blocked emotions.

    OTOH btw, I disagree that he follows official authority to a tee. As far as I could see, he makes his own reasonings about the stuff from official authorities. But yeah no deviation too far, sure. No thinking outside the box in that sense. Again, I don't know why one should, unless there really is a proven need to do so.

    I mean yeah sometimes there *is* such a proven need... then I do go outside conventional approaches and I kill my brain trying to make sense of whatever unconventional thing I pick up that I just somehow sense will give something to me. Eventually then, I return back to my normal approach, and take whatever was useful from the unconventional. But I put it all inside better working approaches so that whatever I picked up makes more sense overall. That is the point, really, to me.

    My brain simply just isn't for playing around with outside-of-the-box thinking all the time, I guess yours prefers it more, or whatever :shrug But that doesn't mean that people who don't do it like you do it are any worse or that they must have stupid motivations for refusing to do so.

  7. #4007
    LemurianLo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Eagleland
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 spsx
    Posts
    138
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Wonder if anyone recognizes me enough in my incredibly sparse presence on this site to come to a typing conclusion?

    I for one sure don't recognize anyone else here enough to type them lol

  8. #4008
    ImOutThere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    90
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm in the same boat as you.

  9. #4009

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    11,950
    Mentioned
    1091 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    @faith



    after 1.5 years only 10 posts
    sleeping avatar

    introvertion is more possible
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  10. #4010

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Posts
    4,697
    Mentioned
    509 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

    Default

    lol @Sol actually imo introverts post more online bc it's easier for them to talk in writing

    ps. I don't mean socionics, just general introvert

  11. #4011

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    11,950
    Mentioned
    1091 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by faith View Post
    Isn’t 4w5 more unlikely for an LSI?
    Other typology and your possible type there is a separate theme. And there is no theory or good stats how much Jung types are spreaded among E-types to take this as significant argument.

    > You can ask me questions to confirm my type because typing this way is shaky at best.

    Your behavior is rather doubtful for SLE as reminds introverted. Videointerview is needed to type you.
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  12. #4012

  13. #4013
    queentiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    808
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Number 9 Large - LSI
    Logic of a uniform structure.
    Securing the structure that has proven to work (while considering all other structures incorrect), rationalizing one and only right decision, stubbornly following your principles, thorough reading of directions or drafts. Linear ‘either/or,’ way of thinking; logic of informational structure. LSI.

  14. #4014
    aka Feathers, Penny Dreadful Baboooshka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Behind your tonsils
    TIM
    IEI-Fe 4w3 so/sx(?)
    Posts
    1,002
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Unacceptable.


    ESIs exist, too.
    "Lecteur, as-tu quelquefois respiré
    Avec ivresse et lente gourmandise
    Ce grain d'encens qui remplit une église,
    Ou d'un sachet le musc invétéré?


    Charme profond, magique, dont nous grise
    Dans le présent le passé restauré!
    Ainsi l'amant sur un corps adoré
    Du souvenir cueille la fleur exquise"
    Charles Baudelaire


  15. #4015
    stare into me flames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    As seen on T.V.
    TIM
    E I E I OOOOO Sx/So
    Posts
    2,313
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baboooshka View Post
    Unacceptable.


    ESIs exist, too.
    I’d rather be labeled an LSI than an ESI any day.
    And I'm what you desire, like a siren in the night



    Quote Originally Posted by Starfall
    Everyone, pls give Bled some likes. He craves the likes much like Suedehead craves the cock.
    7w6 2w3 8w9 - The Free Spirit

  16. #4016
    Socionics is a spook ashlesha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    15,079
    Mentioned
    847 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

    Default

    Typing me LSI is a minor "thing" now and I've been super pleased. Maybe Im NOT a blob of feelings who can't think and was born to wash dishes.

  17. #4017
    stare into me flames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    As seen on T.V.
    TIM
    E I E I OOOOO Sx/So
    Posts
    2,313
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ashlesha View Post
    Typing me LSI is a minor "thing" now and I've been super pleased. Maybe Im NOT a blob of feelings who can't think and was born to wash dishes.
    lmaoooo

    As much as I pick on them, I love ESIs and I feel like most people share that sentiment
    And I'm what you desire, like a siren in the night



    Quote Originally Posted by Starfall
    Everyone, pls give Bled some likes. He craves the likes much like Suedehead craves the cock.
    7w6 2w3 8w9 - The Free Spirit

  18. #4018
    a two horned unicorn renegade COVID 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    sniffing your butt
    TIM
    ILE-α/H, LEVF
    Posts
    5,469
    Mentioned
    242 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    This is not probably right place to reveal my plans regarding Ne PoLR concentration camps... let them taste their own narrowly defined (by others ) medicine.
    Measuring you right now

    Winning is for losers

     

    Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

  19. #4019
    khcs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,926
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Soundofconfusion - ISFP - Dumas

  20. #4020
    WinnieW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    TIM
    LII-Ne
    Posts
    1,587
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by soundofconfusion View Post
    advice for everyone: always choose the exact opposite type of what khcs thinks. chances are very high that your result will be correct
    Quote Originally Posted by khcs View Post
    Soundofconfusion - ISFP - Dumas
    Lol

    btw. I'm still anticipating to get typed by khcs.

  21. #4021
    FreelancePoliceman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Maizistan
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    1,204
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by khcs View Post
    Soundofconfusion - ISFP - Dumas
    How’d you come up with that?

  22. #4022

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    11,950
    Mentioned
    1091 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by khcs View Post
    Soundofconfusion - ISFP - Dumas
    INFP mb
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  23. #4023

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    11,950
    Mentioned
    1091 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ashlesha View Post
    Typing me LSI is a minor "thing" now and I've been super pleased. Maybe Im NOT a blob of feelings who can't think and was born to wash dishes.
    You was born to watch theatre shows.
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  24. #4024

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    I am iffy on DCNH too since I related to most of the IEI descriptions and one of the EIE descriptions. I go back and forth on it. I think if used before knowing the full theory well it can lead to mistyping oneself within the system.
    have you considered that you are a normalising EIE?

  25. #4025
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Spiritus Mundi
    TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    11,306
    Mentioned
    970 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by soundofconfusion View Post
    have you considered that you are a normalising EIE?
    No, it doesn't fit. "Normalizing" doesn't fit in any of the types. Like I said, the only EIE that fits pretty well is harmonizing. I know my type. I don't mind the question.

    The type descriptions I am referring to are from the classes. I don't know if they have been published to the public or not so I am not going to share, what was shared with me, in public since I was asked not to. I don't know if you have seen them or not but if you did you might understand. I can relate to it but I do not type myself EIE-H.
    Last edited by Aylen; 10-14-2019 at 10:00 PM. Reason: typo

    “My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

     



  26. #4026

    Default

    the reason I asked was that I think forum moderators might often be N subtypes, since they probably have a certain desire to keep order.

  27. #4027
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Spiritus Mundi
    TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    11,306
    Mentioned
    970 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by soundofconfusion View Post
    the reason I asked was that I think forum moderators might often be N subtypes, since they probably have a certain desire to keep order.
    I don't really have that desire since it is a lot of work. I think I was recommended to be a mod by my friend Starfall (another mod who has taken a break from here). Mu asked me and I said ok. She helped me out with modding until she left. I wish she was still here. I still have her elsewhere so it's ok.

    “My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

     



  28. #4028

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    11,950
    Mentioned
    1091 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by soundofconfusion View Post
    the reason I asked was that I think forum moderators might often be N subtypes, since they probably have a certain desire to keep order.
    an order is Ti, J. moderators are random people, generally. they should visit regularly, so are taken from active members.
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  29. #4029
    Humanist and Actor Christian Bale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    105
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default




  30. #4030
    Number 9 large's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Baking bread
    TIM
    ESTp 7w8 Aries Sp/Sx
    Posts
    3,834
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    an order is Ti, J. moderators are random people, generally. they should visit regularly, so are taken from active members.
    Order is Te. Ti is internal consistency while Te outer consistency

  31. #4031
    Humanist Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    25,161
    Mentioned
    625 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    Order is Te. Ti is internal consistency while Te outer consistency
    No Te is not order neither is Ti

    Te observes external behavior and actions of objects and determines the best suitable role or position for the given object. Judges it's effectiveness.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.
    Tritype 1-2-6 stacking sp/sx


    I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

    Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

  32. #4032
    Number 9 large's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Baking bread
    TIM
    ESTp 7w8 Aries Sp/Sx
    Posts
    3,834
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    No Te is not order neither is Ti

    Te observes external behavior and actions of objects and determines the best suitable role or position for the given object. Judges it's effectiveness.
    ok mate

  33. #4033
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Spiritus Mundi
    TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    11,306
    Mentioned
    970 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

    Default

    Going to wall of text here for a reason.

    To say an idea is subjective is often used as a term of reproach, but this is to overlook the fact that no thought is possible without the thinker and that his share in it is responsible for its ultimate shape.

    The merits of extraverted thinking -- namely, its 'down-to-earth nature', its concentration on objects, and the discipline that this imposes -- is at the same time its limitation; it becomes all too easily tied to facts; it cannot see beyond them, or free itself for the purpose of establishing an abstract idea. It becomes clogged by a mass of undigested material, and tries to escape from this dilemma by artificial simplifications -- by inventing formulae and concepts which appear to give coherence to what is really disconnected.

    A creative thinker like Charles Darwin, who is an excellent example of an extraverted thinker, could give order and meaning to the mass of facts he collected, but where the creative idea is lacking the thinker compensates by producing more and more facts, until there is a mountain of material, often of doubtful value.

    When the life of an individual is mainly ruled by thinking and his actions are usually the result of an intellectually considered motive, he may fairly be called a thinking type. The pure type is more often found among men than among women, whose thinking is usually of an intuitive nature. This type 'thinks things out' and comes to conclusions based on objective data -- what he calls 'the facts'. He likes logic and order, and is fond of inventing neat formulae to express his views. He bases his life on principles and would like to see others do the same. Wherever possible his family, his friends, and his working associates are included in his 'scheme of living', and he has a strong tendency to believe that his formula represents absolute truth, so that it becomes a moral duty to press its claims. This can lead him into equivocal situations through assuming that 'the ends justify the means'. He believes that he is rational and logical, but in fact he suppresses all that does not fit into his scheme, or refuses to recognize it. He both dislikes and fears the irrational, and he represses emotion and feeling, and tends to become cold and lacking in understanding of human weakness. He neglects the art of friendship and of relationship to other people, and is often a family tyrant. He can sacrifice his friends and family to his principles without the least idea that he is doing so -- it is all for their good. This type of man tends to have unfortunate love affairs, as his repressed feelings are likely to burst out with a violence beyond his control and to attach themselves to unsuitable women. In addition, he suffers from irrational moods which he does not admit, and doubts about his beliefs which he stifles with fanaticism. He often has a strong sense of duty, and his formula for life may include much that is good, even noble, but his manner of putting it into practice will lack warmth, tolerance, and those human qualities that refuse to be fitted into schemes and formulae.

    His thinking, however, is positive -- it produces something, either new facts or new conceptions.

    "Even when it analyses, it constructs, because it is always advancing beyond the analysis to a new combination .... It is, in any case, characteristic that it is never absolutely depreciatory or destructive, but always substitutes a fresh value for one that is demolished. This quality is due to the fact that thought is the main channel into which a thinking type's energy flows.8"

    In contrast to the extravert, the introverted thinking type is not interested in facts but in ideas; the chief value of this type of thinking lies in the new view it presents.



    Jung says of introverted thinking:

    "External facts are not the aim and origin of this thinking, although the introvert would often like to make it so appear. ... it formulates questions and creates theories; it opens up prospects and yields insight, but in the presence of facts it exhibits a reserved demeanor. As illustrative examples they have their value, but they must not prevail. Facts are collected as evidence or examples for a theory, but never for their own sake ... its actual creative power is proved by the fact that this thinking can also create that idea which, though not present in the external facts, is yet the most suitable, abstract expression of them.9"

    The introverted thinking type is interested in the inner, not the outer reality. What is important to him is the development and presentation of the 'primordial image, and its shaping into an idea. This has for him a compelling power; he has a vague notion that the idea may be of use to the world, sometimes even a conviction that it would be saved if it only knew, but these are secondary considerations, and not of vital importance to him.

    The introverted thinker viewed from outside is usually a distinctly odd character. Because of his concern with inner realities he gives little or no attention to his relationships with the world. He does not notice what is going on or understand how other people think or feel; he is either shy and silent in their company or else makes some inappropriate remark.

    The absent-minded professor is the typical example of an introverted thinker. An amusing story of the philosopher Schopenhauer illustrates the characteristics well: it is said that he was standing lost in thought in the middle of it flower-bed in a city park, when a gardener shouted to know what he was doing, and who did he think he was? 'Ah!' said Schopenhauer, 'if only I knew the answer to that!' 10

    The weakest point in both the thinking types is their neglected and under-developed feeling function. To understand what Jung means by feeling, one needs to make a distinction between the different ways in which the word can be used: feeling hot or cold is a sense-impression; feeling that something will happen, that someone is deceiving you (or having any similar experience) refers to a 'hunch' or intuition; when, however, one says 'I feel sorry' or 'I feel that is bad' or 'good', one is making a valuation of an emotionally toned experience. It is in this sense that Jung uses the word feeling when he speaks of a 'feeling function'.
    more

    “My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

     



  34. #4034

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    11,950
    Mentioned
    1091 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    No Te is not order neither is Ti
    You reject the theory basics.
    As Ti has the relation to laws and hierarchy, so it has the relation to an order. Te has the relation to the reason and objective result. To act reasonably needs an order. To interpret something as a fact also needs a class of objects, where that fact can be situated. Te/Ti act in the same time, that's why the both are developed similarly.
    All J functions is about an order, but not about irrational thinking and chaose.
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  35. #4035
    Humanist Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    25,161
    Mentioned
    625 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    You reject the theory basics.
    As Ti has the relation to laws and hierarchy, so it has the relation to an order. Te has the relation to the reason and objective result. To act reasonably needs an order. To interpret something as a fact also needs a class of objects, where that fact can be situated. Te/Ti act in the same time, that's why the both are developed similarly.
    All J functions is about an order, but not about irrational thinking and chaose.
    My point exactly. Your post said "you Do x" which is Te because you made an observation. Te is not about facts either. It's only human to relay to facts as one makes observations but Te makes facts based on personal experiences as well.

    Te makes better relation to laws in terms of external laws than Ti does. In fact LSE will have no problem pointing out to people what the laws of the land are as you did once I'm sure you can remember.

    I seriously wish you would learn the functions and what they mean sol...one day I pray to God. One day.

    Introduction to Te

    Extroverted logic is an rational, extroverted, and dynamic IM element. It is also referred to as Te, P, algorithmic logic, practical logic, or black logic (because the symbol is black). Extroverted logic deals with the external activity of objects, i.e the how, what and where of events, activity or work, behaviour, algorithms, movement, and actions. The how, what and where of events would be the external activity of events, activity or work would be the external activity of a machine or individual(s) and algorithms describe the external activity of objects.

    Since Te perceives objective, factual information outside the subject (external activity) and analyzes the rationale and functionality of what is happening or being done or said. "Quality" to a Te type is how well an object performs the functions for which it was made. A Te type can judge a person to be "effective" if he is able to achieve his purposes without wasting any energy or producing unwanted side effects. So Te types basically evaluate people and things using the same criteria.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.
    Tritype 1-2-6 stacking sp/sx


    I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

    Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

  36. #4036
    Humanist Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    25,161
    Mentioned
    625 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    You reject the theory basics.
    As Ti has the relation to laws and hierarchy, so it has the relation to an order. Te has the relation to the reason and objective result. To act reasonably needs an order. To interpret something as a fact also needs a class of objects, where that fact can be situated. Te/Ti act in the same time, that's why the both are developed similarly.
    All J functions is about an order, but not about irrational thinking and chaose.
    When was the last time you looked at a love interest and said "you'd be a good mother" that you did Te lol
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.
    Tritype 1-2-6 stacking sp/sx


    I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

    Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

  37. #4037

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    11,950
    Mentioned
    1091 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Beautiful sky
    record your husband's clip. I'd look what LSE is there which does not value the reason, impossible without the order
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  38. #4038
    Humanist Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    25,161
    Mentioned
    625 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Beautiful sky
    record your husband's clip. I'd look what LSE is there which does not value the reason, impossible without the order
    what happened? sol you need rest

    he puts the same things in the same place
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.
    Tritype 1-2-6 stacking sp/sx


    I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

    Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

  39. #4039
    Landlord of The Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    Enlightened
    Posts
    16,688
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

    Default

    Te is dynamic inaction; Ti is indolent liveliness

  40. #4040

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    11,950
    Mentioned
    1091 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    Te is dynamic inaction
    Te is objective thinking
    "dynamic inaction" is the oxymoron
    while Reinin's traits are baseless and even look senseless
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •