Page 66 of 115 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,640 of 4599

Thread: Your typing of forum members

  1. #2601
    Everlast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    TIM
    LSI Ti E6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    1,830
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kill4Me View Post
    Xaiviay is a clear IEI-Fe
    Absolutely.

  2. #2602
    Kill4Me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Posts
    2,504
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Here’s another good example of IEE-Ni similar to what I quoted in my previous post.

    Adam Strange self-reports having not been able to find his reflection in the eyes of 20-something year old women at a certain age as if he had become invisible (click and scroll up one post). Although Adam self-types as LIE, Te/Ni does not process information cueing them into how they are being reflected in the eyes of others.

    It fits like a hand in glove what i have been saying about Ne/Fi since well before Adam and Eos wrote those posts.
    I must point out that the approach of American Socionics differs from the Russian Socionics method used over at bss. Stackemup Typology’s satellite Socionics New Wave turned the Russian approach to knowledge about socionic types upside down. The best insights into types come from the ground up.

    Hag: ESI-Fi
    Last edited by Kill4Me; 11-15-2018 at 01:43 AM.

  3. #2603
    Xaiviay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Posts
    468
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A Moderator View Post
    Absolutely.
    You wish.

  4. #2604
    Everlast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    TIM
    LSI Ti E6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    1,830
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xaiviay View Post
    You wish.
    I'm not the one holding on to wishful thinking.

    I recall you said that I had aggressor tendencies. I also recall you went on to say we were dualizing. Do the math.

  5. #2605
    Xaiviay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Posts
    468
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A Moderator View Post
    I'm not the one holding on to wishful thinking.

    I recall you said that I had aggressor tendencies. I also recall you went on to say we were dualizing. Do the math.
    We've already talked about this. You said yourself that you don't display Se online, and that you've been displaying Ne your whole life. The moment your started embracing LSI tendencies on here, I got irritated by you.

  6. #2606
    Everlast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    TIM
    LSI Ti E6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    1,830
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xaiviay View Post
    We've already talked about this. You said yourself that you don't display Se online, and that you've been displaying Ne your whole life. The moment your started embracing LSI tendencies on here, I got irritated by you.
    I recall that you said I had aggressor tendencies online. All aggressors have Se in their ego block. You went on to say that we were dualizing. Types that dualize with Se ego types have Ni in their ego block. I started to talk with you, motivated in part my aggressor tendencies. EDIT: @Xaiviay Hell, you even said that I was bossing you around, and continued with the narrative that we were duals. So no, the moment I started embracing LSI tendencies in our conversations, you were fine with it enough to say were duals in the aftermath.

    If this was simply wishful thinking on my part, I would just go full ham and try to type you as EIE Ni. Not once have I said that.

    You said that you have a poor grasp of time, but this is not true given your understanding of Alice in Wonderland's time paradox, nor is it true with consideration to your understanding of how things would have played out in the long haul with your ex. You do have a good grasp of the flow of how things move forward, and I can feel that in how you seem to nudge conversations down specific paths with an eye towards whatever I will be doing in the long term (this is extremely consistent in you, and I recall wanting an explanation for this when we first started talking). For example, you would reference my path of self-discovery, my path of work, etc. Furthermore, you aim to avoid previously committed mistakes in your relationships, and value growth (ie. the accrual of skill and competency).

    Beta Ni:

    - Ni :desire to bypass danger. They aim to avoid previously committed mistakes. In their groups, experience, skill, know-how, sophistication are highly valued. They feel confident in extreme situations.

    I gotta say, you're pretty confident here, biting back at 2 Beta STs with the witty comebacks Ni types, in my experience, love to respond with when the time is right.
    Last edited by Everlast; 11-15-2018 at 06:21 AM.

  7. #2607
    Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Second story
    TIM
    EIE
    Posts
    3,729
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A Moderator View Post
    I recall that you said I had aggressor tendencies online. All aggressors have Se in their ego block. You went on to say that we were dualizing. Types that dualize with Se ego types have Ni in their ego block. I started to talk with you, motivated in part my aggressor tendencies. EDIT: @Xaiviay Hell, you even said that I was bossing you around, and continued with the narrative that we were duals. So no, the moment I started embracing LSI tendencies in our conversations, you were fine with it enough to say were duals in the aftermath.

    If this was simply wishful thinking on my part, I would just go full ham and try to type you as EIE Ni. Not once have I said that.

    You said that you have a poor grasp of time, but this is not true given your understanding of Alice in Wonderland's time paradox, nor is it true with consideration to your understanding of how things would have played out in the long haul with your ex. You do have a good grasp of the flow of how things move forward, and I can feel that in how you seem to nudge conversations down specific paths with an eye towards whatever I will be doing in the long term (this is extremely consistent in you, and I recall wanting an explanation for this when we first started talking). For example, you would reference my path of self-discovery, my path of work, etc. Furthermore, you aim to avoid previously committed mistakes in your relationships, and value growth (ie. the accrual of skill and competency).

    Beta Ni:

    - Ni :desire to bypass danger. They aim to avoid previously committed mistakes. In their groups, experience, skill, know-how, sophistication are highly valued. They feel confident in extreme situations.

    I gotta say, you're pretty confident here, biting back at 2 Beta STs with the witty comebacks Ni types, in my experience, love to respond with when the time is right.
    You’re actually more likely displaying Fi polr here, since you wanna get Socionical about it. She’s supposed to be your friend, you’ve gone beyond pestering her and seem to have no idea when to back off or what effect you’re having.
    LSI: I still cant figure out Pinterest.

    Me: Its just, like, idea boards.

    LSI: I dont have ideas.

  8. #2608

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Italy
    TIM
    LII-Ti 1w2 sp/so
    Posts
    70
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A Moderator View Post
    I recall that you said I had aggressor tendencies online. You went on to say that we were dualizing.
    These two statements do not necessarily correlate in the way you propose.

    ”I think we are dualizing” is honestly a rather vague impression, and I doubt that it can be proven true or false based on a bunch of interactions online (unless you guys have interacted more, which I don’t really know). So what Xaiviay most likely meant by that, is that she thought you were dualizing in spite of your supposed “aggressor tendencies”, rather than because of them. Obviously now that you’ve retyped as LSI, and based on further interaction with you, she has re-thought this conclusion, assigning your aggressor tendencies more weight than they previously held in her analysis. So she no longer thinks her “dualization” theory is true.

    Her reasoning makes perfect sense within the framework of Socionics. You, on the other hand, seem to be a little too emotionally invested, if I have to be perfectly honest.

  9. #2609
    Number 9 large's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Baking bread
    TIM
    ESTp 7w8 Aries Sp/Sx
    Posts
    3,823
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    You’re actually more likely displaying Fi polr here, since you wanna get Socionical about it. She’s supposed to be your friend, you’ve gone beyond pestering her and seem to have no idea when to back off or what effect you’re having.
    Fi polr isnt preferring T over F explanations

  10. #2610
    f.k.a Oprah sbbds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    3,773
    Mentioned
    265 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @A Moderator I have noticed that you’ve gotten more “assertive” since retyping as LSI lol. I find this to be quite interesting.

  11. #2611
    Number 9 large's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Baking bread
    TIM
    ESTp 7w8 Aries Sp/Sx
    Posts
    3,823
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    @A Moderator I have noticed that you’ve gotten more “assertive” since retyping as LSI lol. I find this to be quite interesting.
    People often try to act like the type they think they are

  12. #2612
    Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Second story
    TIM
    EIE
    Posts
    3,729
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    Fi polr isnt preferring T over F explanations
    I don’t think that’s what I said. I said he’s showing super low awareness of interpersonal dynamics.
    LSI: I still cant figure out Pinterest.

    Me: Its just, like, idea boards.

    LSI: I dont have ideas.

  13. #2613
    Number 9 large's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Baking bread
    TIM
    ESTp 7w8 Aries Sp/Sx
    Posts
    3,823
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    I don’t think that’s what I said. I said he’s showing super low awareness of interpersonal dynamics.
    Could be any T type

  14. #2614
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    8,149
    Mentioned
    908 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    People often try to act like the type they think they are
    Very true, @Number 9 large. But a tuned observer knows the difference.


    I was out doing my SLE imitation last weekend. Gray sneakers and jeans, black shirt and leather jacket, and this SLE girl was watching me. Until I checked my look in a mirror. Then she laughed.

  15. #2615
    Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Second story
    TIM
    EIE
    Posts
    3,729
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    @A Moderator I have noticed that you’ve gotten more “assertive” since retyping as LSI lol. I find this to be quite interesting.
    Acting tip ... if an actor needs to show a strong emotion, they usually need to focus on the fight against that emotion. For example, if they’re supposed to cry, it’ll seem a lot more real if the main gesture is to try not to cry.
    LSI: I still cant figure out Pinterest.

    Me: Its just, like, idea boards.

    LSI: I dont have ideas.

  16. #2616
    Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Second story
    TIM
    EIE
    Posts
    3,729
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    Could be any T type
    It seems worse than average T.

    How do you define Fi polr, since ostensibly you have it?
    LSI: I still cant figure out Pinterest.

    Me: Its just, like, idea boards.

    LSI: I dont have ideas.

  17. #2617
    Number 9 large's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Baking bread
    TIM
    ESTp 7w8 Aries Sp/Sx
    Posts
    3,823
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    Acting tip ... if an actor needs to show a strong emotion, they usually need to focus on the fight against that emotion. For example, if they’re supposed to cry, it’ll seem a lot more real if the main gesture is to try not to cry.
    Thats probably more true for Fi than Fe types. Fe types let their emotions flow easily as a general rule

  18. #2618
    Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Second story
    TIM
    EIE
    Posts
    3,729
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    Thats probably more true for Fi than Fe types. Fe types let their emotions flow easily as a general rule
    I think it’s a good acting tip to lay one emotion atop another in general.

    Is this the day you’re gonna go through my posts and refute every last one? Need to plan my afternoon.
    LSI: I still cant figure out Pinterest.

    Me: Its just, like, idea boards.

    LSI: I dont have ideas.

  19. #2619
    Number 9 large's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Baking bread
    TIM
    ESTp 7w8 Aries Sp/Sx
    Posts
    3,823
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    It seems worse than average T.

    How do you define Fi polr, since ostensibly you have it?
    I think Fi polr is tied to type 7s fear of own (negative) internal states and feelings. Thus overly indulging in the physical world (Se) or world of great opportunities (Ne) while rationalizing their actions along the way using creative Ti to forget how they really feel inside.

    This is how Fi leads supervision over them works: Fi leads indulge in often negative states of emotion, they use their vulnerability as a strength rather than run from it and the ExTP can learn from it by accepting that negative states of mind and feelings are a part of life and can actually guide us through life.
    7s tend to not know what they want and that is directly correlated to fi polr, they are usually unaware how they really FEEL about something so they tend to resort to a trial and error method of dipping their toes into every pool to see which one they like best all the while running from responsibility, fear, stress etc.

  20. #2620
    f.k.a Oprah sbbds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    3,773
    Mentioned
    265 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @golden You didn’t ask me but I just define it as fine emotional nuance and intricacies usually being below one’s level of awareness.

  21. #2621
    a two horned unicorn renegade COVID 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    sniffing your butt
    TIM
    ILE-α/H, LEVF
    Posts
    5,452
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    And I'd thought it as awareness how people are tied up together. ... now I get it why ILI's are so much into gimp suits.
    Measuring you right now

    Winning is for losers

     

    Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

  22. #2622
    f.k.a Oprah sbbds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    3,773
    Mentioned
    265 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    And I'd thought it as awareness how people are tied up together. ... now I get it why ILI's are so much into gimp suits.
    Lol. I mean not necessarily just this. xLE can be insensitive/unaware when it comes to outwardly expressed things that would normally otherwise be associated with Fe too. And are stereotypically also not very aware of their own personal sentiments. Which is why I feel it makes sense to lump all that under the same umbrella.

  23. #2623
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Colorado
    TIM
    IEI-Fe0
    Posts
    88
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    lol @ a moderators new personality :3

  24. #2624
    a two horned unicorn renegade COVID 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    sniffing your butt
    TIM
    ILE-α/H, LEVF
    Posts
    5,452
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think I'm just way worse when it comes to knowing people's relational status. It is like I have some clue what not to say or what to troll. Could explain ILE's fascination to trolling behavior. It is like I have some inkling... so why not to test it. Trolling OTOH might cut the ties.

    Like let's tell bunch of women what they need to buy from cosmetics catalog.

    It is like SLE's are light years ahead of me when it comes to determining ties between people and stuff. SLE's on the other hand tend to IME have way less sophistication regarding their words.
    Last edited by COVID 007; 11-15-2018 at 04:34 PM.
    Measuring you right now

    Winning is for losers

     

    Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

  25. #2625
    Landlord of The Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    Enlightened
    Posts
    16,688
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

    Default

    Before the eighth decade of the twentieth century when Socionics arose we only had the option of demanding satisfaction from the cads who slighted us, and excusing ourselves via reference to some star misalignment or genetic deformity.

  26. #2626
    Everlast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    TIM
    LSI Ti E6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    1,830
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    You’re actually more likely displaying Fi polr here, since you wanna get Socionical about it. She’s supposed to be your friend, you’ve gone beyond pestering her and seem to have no idea when to back off or what effect you’re having.
    You're actually more likely displaying Fi polr here, since you wanna get Socionical about it.

    See how that works?
    Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    I don’t think that’s what I said. I said he’s showing super low awareness of interpersonal dynamics.
    Frankly, I'd rather be honest about it, even if it means I sacrifice my reputation here. My goal isn't to pester her.

  27. #2627
    Everlast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    TIM
    LSI Ti E6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    1,830
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If anyone has a problem with the things I post, please put me on ignore.

    I just agreed with Kill4Me, and she responded to me. I didn't initiate the dialogue between Xaiviay and I.

  28. #2628
    a two horned unicorn renegade COVID 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    sniffing your butt
    TIM
    ILE-α/H, LEVF
    Posts
    5,452
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Measuring you right now

    Winning is for losers

     

    Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

  29. #2629
    Everlast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    TIM
    LSI Ti E6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    1,830
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    @A Moderator I have noticed that you’ve gotten more “assertive” since retyping as LSI lol. I find this to be quite interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    People often try to act like the type they think they are
    I'd like to take you back to a post made several months ago by Avebury (TheUltimateEmcee). He knows me from another forum and has seen me post my thoughts over an extended period of time. This is what he had to say:

    One more thing: have you considered ego?

    Tbh with you you don't strike me as ego, you seem quite expansive and confident in your ability to approach people.

    Just my impression, but you make quite an impression, that's not something I get from egos AT ALL. Lol. egos come off to me as kinda weak and unimpressive, you seem to make an impact on your environment. Not fronting, but it is my impression and I thought I'd share.

  30. #2630
    Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Second story
    TIM
    EIE
    Posts
    3,729
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A Moderator View Post
    You're actually more likely displaying Fi polr here, since you wanna get Socionical about it.

    See how that works?
    No, I don’t.
    LSI: I still cant figure out Pinterest.

    Me: Its just, like, idea boards.

    LSI: I dont have ideas.

  31. #2631
    Number 9 large's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Baking bread
    TIM
    ESTp 7w8 Aries Sp/Sx
    Posts
    3,823
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A Moderator View Post
    I'd like to take you back to a post made several months ago by Avebury (TheUltimateEmcee). He knows me from another forum and has seen me post my thoughts over an extended period of time. This is what he had to say:
    Well i have an IQ of 135 and i say ur W R O N G

  32. #2632
    a two horned unicorn renegade COVID 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    sniffing your butt
    TIM
    ILE-α/H, LEVF
    Posts
    5,452
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    This kind of reminds me of : "If my ass will be kicked then it will be kicked" going in circles.

    Sure by pointing out that logic leads to Fi PoLR then by that logic it was also Fi PoLR if we consider it logical and valid. Valid logic would be therefore Fi PoLR. In this case we also (I think) had "too extensive" conditional which is a subjective judgement.

    Who crossed the line of "too extensive"? Is the real question.
    Measuring you right now

    Winning is for losers

     

    Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

  33. #2633
    Everlast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    TIM
    LSI Ti E6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    1,830
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    No, I don’t.
    Exactly.

  34. #2634
    Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Second story
    TIM
    EIE
    Posts
    3,729
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A Moderator View Post
    Exactly.
    You appear to deliberately conclude the wrong reason for why I don’t understand. It looks like you are intent on being “right” versus being accurate.

    I’m not sure why you suddenly decided you need to type yourself differently and build a defense system around it. I don’t normally care very much how people type themselves. If you want to be LSI, that’s your business. The rashness and noisiness are conspicuous. Trying to retype other people to accommodate your own change in self-type is unusual.

    I’m out of things to say about it apart from that.
    LSI: I still cant figure out Pinterest.

    Me: Its just, like, idea boards.

    LSI: I dont have ideas.

  35. #2635
    Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    TIM
    Your daul
    Posts
    1,392
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah, thats Mountain Dew/Snaps level of stupidity.

  36. #2636

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    11,926
    Mentioned
    1090 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    @FDG
    some Ti valued type due to lack of practical reason and underestimation the value of polite language

    @Viktor
    The balance between emotional vs logical expression is strange for T types. The possibility of him to be T type is reduced.
    Seems to be too capricious in S region relating to women attractiveness. Another argument for the possibility of N type.
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  37. #2637
    Everlast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    TIM
    LSI Ti E6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    1,830
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    You appear to deliberately conclude the wrong reason for why I don’t understand. It looks like you are intent on being “right” versus being accurate.

    I’m not sure why you suddenly decided you need to type yourself differently and build a defense system around it. I don’t normally care very much how people type themselves. If you want to be LSI, that’s your business. The rashness and noisiness are conspicuous. Trying to retype other people to accommodate your own change in self-type is unusual.

    I’m out of things to say about it apart from that.
    I've already expressed my reasoning for why I typed myself the way I did, and I don't care to go over it again. You were there. I literally joined this forum with the type LSI, so it shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone who's been following since then. It's not a matter of "want." If I typed myself based on wishful thinking, I would type myself as an NT type, like ILE, LIE, or ILI.

    You don't understand? Your reasoning doesn't make any sense and you know it. "I am making an interpersonal interaction Socionical, ergo, I am Fi PoLR." Well, according to that reasoning, the majority of this forum is Fi PoLR. Let's just rename the forum FiPoLR.info and be done with it.

    But by all means, charge forward with a witchhunt with allegations of "suspicious activity", because that's not what cults tend to do. And make sure to call me stupid on the way out of the conversation.

  38. #2638
    Number 9 large's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Baking bread
    TIM
    ESTp 7w8 Aries Sp/Sx
    Posts
    3,823
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    Trying to retype other people to accommodate your own change in self-type is unusual.
    Its not to Ti types. In Ti land everything has to fit together logically to eachother. Especially in a system like socionics which take intertype relations into account.
    If the intertype relations dont seem like described, it should be that its because of mistypings.

    For example LSI + EIE = duality is a statement/equation true according to socionics. So if the relation doesnt go as described maybe we have to fill in different types into the equation to make it true again.This makes sense to a Ti type, who tends to categorize and equate stuff together to make into a coherent whole. It can be related to how mathematics works, its correct from every angle, but change one value and the whole equation/answer changes.

    Similarly to how intertype relations work; if you change your self typing but your intertype relations remain the same, that must mean that the others type must be different aswel.

    For example: SEI + ILE = duality
    Now change ILE into LSI (cuz thats what he did)
    Now we get SEI + LSI = duality, which is logically inconsistent according to the rules of socionics, so assuming the retyping from ILE into LSI is correct we'd either have to change the relation into a benefit relation OR change the SEI typing into EIE because EIE and LSI is also a duality pairing.

    Because the relation has already been 'experienced' (i dont know the quality or depth of the relation to be reliable enough to state it as true in the case with moderator but lets say it is) then it would perhaps be more logical to change the SEI into something else at this point.

    I tend to follow this logic all the time too whenever i retype myself or someone else im close to. It has to fit, either that or the theory is (partially) incorrect or inaccurate. Thats how Ti types can test theories to reality

  39. #2639
    Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Second story
    TIM
    EIE
    Posts
    3,729
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A Moderator View Post
    I've already expressed my reasoning for why I typed myself the way I did, and I don't care to go over it again. You were there. I literally joined this forum with the type LSI, so it shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone who's been following since then. It's not a matter of "want." If I typed myself based on wishful thinking, I would type myself as an NT type, like ILE, LIE, or ILI.

    You don't understand? Your reasoning doesn't make any sense and you know it. "I am making an interpersonal interaction Socionical, ergo, I am Fi PoLR." Well, according to that reasoning, the majority of this forum is Fi PoLR. Let's just rename the forum FiPoLR.info and be done with it.

    But by all means, charge forward with a witchhunt with allegations of "suspicious activity", because that's not what cults tend to do. And make sure to call me stupid on the way out of the conversation.
    I said how you type yourself is not of great importance to me. It’s for you to decide. Lots of words being put in my mouth.

    Retyping someone else repeatedly, despite their protestations, to fit your own retyping was where I got very surprised. That may actually be a new one for me on this forum.
    LSI: I still cant figure out Pinterest.

    Me: Its just, like, idea boards.

    LSI: I dont have ideas.

  40. #2640
    Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Second story
    TIM
    EIE
    Posts
    3,729
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    Its not to Ti types. In Ti land everything has to fit together logically to eachother. Especially in a system like socionics which take intertype relations into account.
    If the intertype relations dont seem like described, it should be that its because of mistypings.

    For example LSI + EIE = duality is a statement/equation true according to socionics. So if the relation doesnt go as described maybe we have to fill in different types into the equation to make it true again.This makes sense to a Ti type, who tends to categorize and equate stuff together to make into a coherent whole. It can be related to how mathematics works, its correct from every angle, but change one value and the whole equation/answer changes.

    Similarly to how intertype relations work; if you change your self typing but your intertype relations remain the same, that must mean that the others type must be different aswel.

    For example: SEI + ILE = duality
    Now change ILE into LSI (cuz thats what he did)
    Now we get SEI + LSI = duality, which is logically inconsistent according to the rules of socionics, so assuming the retyping from ILE into LSI is correct we'd either have to change the relation into a benefit relation OR change the SEI typing into EIE because EIE and LSI is also a duality pairing.

    Because the relation has already been 'experienced' (i dont know the quality or depth of the relation to be reliable enough to state it as true in the case with moderator but lets say it is) then it would perhaps be more logical to change the SEI into something else at this point.

    I tend to follow this logic all the time too whenever i retype myself or someone else im close to. It has to fit, either that or the theory is (partially) incorrect or inaccurate. Thats how Ti types can test theories to reality
    I can understand the “may need to” part of retyping someone else to make the theory work out. That’s pretty self-evident. The absolutist and OTT way in which it was done, not so much.
    LSI: I still cant figure out Pinterest.

    Me: Its just, like, idea boards.

    LSI: I dont have ideas.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •