Page 167 of 199 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171177 ... LastLast
Results 6,641 to 6,680 of 7944

Thread: Your typing of forum members

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maresnest View Post
    i’ve heard of the inert/contact subtype but not the accepting/producing (“accepting/creative” as it says on the survey?) subtype. is there any meaningful difference between them?
    Just another name to call them.

Inert - accepting - base - eg. SEE-Se
    Contact - producing - creative (can be confused with DCNH) - eg. SEE-Fi
    Then, the angel asked her what her name was. She said: "I have none"

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nifl View Post
    it is possible that @Elmira is logical, as she self-reports behaviour not so likely for an ethical type (rarely sincerely laughs, smile is as if she is fighting it, does not feel compelled to influence the mood of an interaction). has a more formal, colder, less personable style of communication. somewhat more reminiscent of mine, Miss Messy's and Clarke's than the usual ethicist here.

with a typing thread + video she would get more and more qualified opinions - if her type is close to ESI, LSI for example, then this might not be an attractive prospect for her, because abundance of data for a more objective evaluation (Te) and outside perceptions of her personality and motivations (Ne) have less interest for this type
    @Elmira seems ESI alright to me. Se subtype

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Messy View Post
    @seeking it

If you're sure of being Beta ST and just stuck between LSI-Se and SLE-Ti , find the function you use Fi or Ne

SLE-Ti use Ne very much , LSI-Se suppresses Ne's information and strongly reject it

LSI-Se uses Fi very much, SLE-Ti suppresses Fi's information and strongly reject it
    I really am not sure, I do not look at myself in that way or if I try I cannot decide between these two (Ne and Fi).

I did find that I use Ne more readily in arguments etc. with LSI-Ti friend. He takes things personally faster than I do, too. He pulls up a wall sooner i.e. he said his opinions, he has nothing more to say. EDIT: Also he does not reject Ne aggressively though like I often do it. He just plain pays no attention to Ne, he has these very neatly sorted out opinions and that's all, I am not like that, I'm opinionated but ready to argue unlike him

As far as Fi I am very private and closed off, I try to see everything in an incredibly impersonal way, and I have incredibly delayed emotional reactions to some things. But I also have my social limits so I do not go too far with jokes and whatever because I can sense it could be "too much". I am not sure if I sense it via Fi limits/boundaries or Ti limits/boundaries

seeking it is most likely ethical
    Lol alright thanks for the input. I could be anything but Ethical though. Sigh

suppression and rejection of information relating to both superego functions is not unusual, not just one.
    That's exactly me, I reject both pretty hard. I get aggressive about Ne and I get really detached about Fi feelings

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PussyInASarcophagus - IEI
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so.

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alive View Post
    PussyInASarcophagus - IEI
    Now you’re just trolling

TIM
    LII-Ne H
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lavos View Post
    Just another name to call them.

Inert - accepting - base - eg. SEE-Se
    Contact - producing - creative (can be confused with DCNH) - eg. SEE-Fi
    thanks, that’s what i assumed but the questionnaire made me think otherwise because they were both separately on there, and i was like, “did i miss something?”
    i wonder why the questionnaire has both “inert/contact” and “accepting/producing” subtypes on there since it’s redundant
    “You'll feel safest of all, you can only receive, it'll keep you stable for days in cars.”
    —me as Gary Numan as a therapist

-Ne
    5w4 514 so/sp

TIM
    eii enfp sp/so 479
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a lot of LSIs have that type of nose and small face

TIM
    eii enfp sp/so 479
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my father is LSE and once he came over and saw me writing about something to do with personalilty types when i first got into it. (idk what is was exactly since it was a long time ago), but he said "people have too many layers to fit into something like that"
    once before i was obsessed with some weird conspiracy things and it was something to do with princess diana. he got really mad saying "that is not real why are you believing in these fake conspiracy things"
    i dont even think he was dualized before because he used to be very cold and close minded, now he is more warm still he would probably never look too deply into socionics. i can speak to my eie mother about anything to do with socionics and how it applies to different people in our life. my dad is intellectual though and likes reading but more about real life things like nature or history.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@inumbra
    IEI is more likely
    his communication style is more like a Fe person - Fi types when they are annoyed are more passive-aggressive than openly scornful or ridiculing of their opponents. same with Lady Lunacy, who thinks she's a Fi base (probably ESE or EIE)
    much categorisation into one category is just as much Ti as more varied categorisations. Ti = ''subjective'' logic: lines of reasoning, creation of logical categories, hierarchies etc.
    problems with logical consistency is just more common for ethical types in general.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish there were more types on this website, I really do. I also wish I had a more diverse gallery. I'm not here to appeal to others. I geniunly think almost everyone here has the same type. I don't get any benefits from claiming everyone here has the same type, on the contrary. imagine if Gulenko or Jack would type everyone that sends them a video as the same type. their business model would vanish, but I'm not influenced by monetary gain. I just make neutral observations. it is what it is.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

@Subteigh EII AND I owe you a personal apology
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can someone tell me what my type is?

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trick View Post
    You seem Ni base from your introduction. Nice Lain pics. Videos could help but not everyone is open to doing that. I'm leaning towards IEI for you

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

make a typing video

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's a typing video? Is that a video in which I show myself? I won't do that - so unfortunately that's not an option.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

What's a typing video? Is that a video in which I show myself? I won't do that - so unfortunately that's not an option.
    You don’t have to do a video to get your type. You do have to start viewing my videos and trying to understand the functions and what they mean
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

So far I’ve only made Ne-Ni
    Fe-Fi

https://youtu.be/TEGUpHDd3FQ

https://youtu.be/kR1WvXgqfGU

Understand which one you use constantly ask people around you which ones show up and ask many people including your parents
    -

I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just came here to say that @Tallmo is INTj
    He's always classifying information and correcting people's incorrect logic, has a directive TJ approach to people, high focus on Ni, clearly introverted, clearly thinker, intuition is more prominent but always subjected to his judging, always getting to logical conclusions not necessarily fully supported by sensory and intuitive background, relies too much on theory, because it's the most valued aspect of interpretation of data.

You're welcome
    Sometimes you don't have motivation because you lack purpose.
    Sometimes you don't have purpose, because you lack self-knowledge
    Sometimes you don't have self-knowledge because you lack love
    Sometimes you don't have love because you lack self-love
    Sometimes you don't have self-love because you lack guess what? Ask Gulenko!!

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Megatrop View Post
    He's always classifying information and correcting people's incorrect logic, has a directive TJ approach to people, high focus on Ni, clearly introverted, clearly thinker, intuition is more prominent but always subjected to his judging, always getting to logical conclusions not necessarily fully supported by sensory and intuitive background, relies too much on theory, because it's the most valued aspect of interpretation of data.

You're welcome
    Ok so now why wouldn’t you consider how Ti in Tallmo would work as an ISFp
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You seem Ni base from your introduction. Nice Lain pics. Videos could help but not everyone is open to doing that. I'm leaning towards IEI for you
    Alive is definitely LII
    Quick to make that Judgement lol
    -

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    Ok so now why wouldn’t you consider how Ti in Tallmo would work as an ISFp
    I've tried that in the past, but the pieces didn't fit together, I knew there was something wrong. Now I know

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alive is definitely LII
    Quick to make that Judgement lol
    Alive is definitely Ti lead and seems Ne valuing even though he narrows everything down to one single possibility lol

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I've tried that in the past, but the pieces didn't fit together, I knew there was something wrong. Now I know
    In comparison Tallimo doesn’t make Judgements right away but mulls over information for a while
    -

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No one here is a sensing type

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

No one here is a sensing type
    Lol
    -

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In comparison Tallimo doesn’t make Judgements right away but mulls over information for a while
    He is older I guess, also with high focus on Ni, so naturally a highly introspective person. His experience might have told him how dangerous it can be to make such assumptions without too much pondering and analysis

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

He is older I guess, also with high focus on Ni, so naturally a highly introspective person. His experience might have told him how dangerous it can be to make such assumptions without too much pondering and analysis
    High focus you mean role function Ni?
    -

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

High focus you mean role function Ni?
    No, it's not a role function at all

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're welcome
    Thanks, I'm flattered. But unfortunately I am just a SEI with Ti mobilizing and Normalizing subtype who has gone through normal western analytical education (I have a masters degree in languages, it took me 10 years to get it). And studied typology for the last 15 years.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

No, it's not a role function at all
    Why not? Did I say roll function geez I mean activation
    -

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    (I have a masters degree in languages
    do you remember how I mentioned a couple of times that Ni+ has a potential interest in languages? I do.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right? I said the same thing. I don't understand why socionists want videos or pictures to type people, like bitch that seems so weird. I'm definitely not sending my personal info like that on a sketchy website full crazies and weirdos.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    I wonder if @Alive is EII. Noticing the image focus of visitors here and the Ni-ish lean while actually being secretly critical of it in an Fi way?

/hides/

I think it's quite common for male EII to mistype LII.

(Disclaimer: socionics is a model, not a clear depiction of reality.)

But! It just seems odd to me that a 4d Ti would think most people here are the same type. So little differentiation and categorization, and my 2d Ti smells a rat, a disavower of the Ti, who scoffs upon it, a rat with a head cold!

Usually the LII is annoying due to their excessive categorization and ability to tell this from that from this from that. It's precious when they say everything is the same, bc gosh, in that case it really might be. But that is not the case here, so... What is left?
    Dude your brain... You're on a different level. I WAS THINKING THE SAME THING WTH.

Alive being EII makes so much sense because really he's making Fi associations and not Ti cateforizations. You noticed that?

And personally from what I've seen Alive likes to play victim or helpless when in reality that's far from the truth. Sure it's silly to get mad over typing everyone IEI but Alive deliberately seeks out conflict with people and acts oblivious and helpless to it, when it's really his own fault.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

do you remember how I mentioned a couple of times that Ni+ has a potential interest in languages? I do.
    That’s pure Ti of you because Ti is and I will quote for others:

“ I would say it's a very specialized and personal method of evaluating problems and potential solutions. It's weighing different options and selecting the one that seems to offer the most benefits with the least expenditure of effort or danger.”

So you took what someone else said and applied it to your self
    -

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sahira View Post
    Right? I said the same thing. I don't understand why socionists want videos or pictures to type people, like bitch that seems so weird. I'm definitely not sending my personal info like that on a sketchy website full crazies and weirdos.
    you don't have to. nobody is forcing you to upload a video. people ask for their type, and a video provides more info than a bunch of words. you have Ni paranoia, imagining all the potential downsides of it. as for your EII post, I have no idea what your thought processes were when you wrote that. you use words like Fi or Ti but I'm not sure if you know what they mean.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ouch my fee fees.˖♡ It'll be okay Alive uwu

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

This series is also great at explaining the functions. Be sure to scroll through the comments section too since lots of knowledgeable people contribute their insights.

https://youtu.be/4qZ7mwbZXT4
    -

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're welcome
    logic is more likely, yes
    LSI is my hunch atm

@trick @Sahira
    a typing video is by far the best option, because there is higher quality of data and more varied forms of it - how you act, what you say etc. reading a questionnaire in that can be good, but a questionnaire is quite useless on its own, mostly because most people who want to get typed here lurk and read about the theory before posting, which means that self-reports are often consciously or unconsciously censored or manipulated according to what type the typee thinks is most attractive/correct.
    paranoia about consequences of/general uneasiness about showing yourself on here is more likely for introverts, non-valued Ne, sensors. most of us are just interested in socionics, promise

Sahira talks more like an ethical type, most likely Fe. the profile pic leads the thoughts to ESE/SEI
    Last edited by nifl; 01-28-2023 at 01:00 PM.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

logic is more likely, yes
    LSI is my hunch atm
    Yes, based on what I write here, Ti base would maybe make sense. I've said it before. It's just funny for me to see how people make conclusions based on a very limited sample, a certain persona that one develops over time when talking about typology. We adapt and develop, and this is hard to take into account in the forum, we don't know each other well enough and people are also often quite young in the forum and take the descriptions very literally. The result is a typing that doesn't make sense at all, if you knew the person in real life. What seems like strong thinking is actually weak valued thinking applied on experience or learned material. Or subtype thinking. It's also easier to fool people in text, because vague, weak ideas can be worked upon so that they look convincing and strong. When the text is read it sounds natural, as if it was produced by a different base type.

Then there is the talk about Ni. @Megatrop says that I have "high focus on Ni". This is not true. He seems to link Ni to certain themes, talking about certain things that he feels is "Ni". But talking about psychology or spirituality is not necessarily Ni, although it can be it. Ni is very abstract, something like "philosophical intuition". Most subjects can be talked about in many ways, using different functions, and this also goes for psychology and spirituality.

One more thing. SEI is a type that often has trouble putting his ego functions to use. Some can do it, but many get stuck. Instead they might learn to go in a more Ti direction. They become slightly neurotic, forgetting their own type. Especially for men it can be a way forward, although it's also uncomfortable. So there are reasons for why some people appear to be another type.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Megatrop sees that you are clearly interested in theoretical, abstract concepts, which is not what sensing types are about. In my opinion, you could be presented with an objective test that tells you you are not SEI and you would still think it would be wrong. You have committed yourself to your self-typing, like so many people here. No alternative is valid, because you have ignoring Ne.

Almost no one here values Ne. Having spend so much time on this website, I'm very sure about that.