Page 156 of 199 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166 ... LastLast
Results 6,201 to 6,240 of 7937

Thread: Your typing of forum members

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Renna View Post
    I don't think two is Beta. She seem prefer nice, clean, gentle/lighthearted atmostphere, not as dark gloomy as Beta, Gamma on stereotype. Also her taste on soft/cute boys seem to match Si/Ne quadra better (lol). And she like to randomly complain about Si discomfort problems very often.

If I have to guess, Si/Ne quadra. Not sure the exact type.
    no offense to one, or ‘two’, lol but I’m not surprised she told someone they should go kill themselves. I knew she had a bit of a ‘mean girl’ in her, I guess, one could say. this is exactly the reason, that when we were all suggesting moderators that I didn’t include her in my list, and you can all look it up because I distinctively remember thinking that and it being a reason I didn’t include her. I’m not trying to like start anything because Im a snobby aristocratic biatch and I’m just sayin, aster recognizes her own

as a side note, IEI is supposedly notorious for complaining about Si matters. Idk about EIE. But complaints about Si matters aren’t just exclusive to Si/Ne Quadra’s
    Last edited by Aster; 10-07-2022 at 01:54 PM.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Might as well stirrr some more and say I think @Lady Lioness is EIE, too, contact subtype
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Fuck this toxic snake pit Fluffy Princess Unicorn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AWellArmedCat View Post
    I've noticed a lot of people come to this point too, and I feel like it's because they get too distracted by other people's opinions and don't step away and allow themselves to formulate their own understanding ever or at least for long enough. For me it's like a cycle where I come in with some paradigm, I put it forth and watch people challenge it, then I withdraw and consider what value, if any, lies in each of the challenges it received. I revise where necessary, then return
    Nothing personal, probably just because I'm not an N, but I'm not that interested in theories as to why it happens. You could be right, could be wrong...but that's exactly why I can't get into a conversation about it: the realm of possibilities with no concrete endings in sight is not for me. All I know is that the pattern of "what" is there. What you said might be really insightful, but I personally couldn't tell you one way or another if it was. I just can't get into conversations that appear to me like they will be nothing but endless speculation. "Could be this, could be that..." generating numerous possibilities with no end in sight is part of why I type as Ne PoLR.

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aster View Post
    Might as well stirrr some more and say I think @Lady Lioness is EIE, too, contact subtype
    Ayyyy, finally someone who isn't just trolling or coming from a place of an "enemy" stance is typing me as something else besides ESI. My type doesn't get challenged much from neutral grounds like this. I have solid reasons to disagree with this typing for myself, but it's kind of fun that someone has challenged ESI from a neutral place anyway. Normally, I even get VI'd as ESI, and most people think I am an ESI meme in general. The only exceptions thus far have been people I butted heads with and people who are trolls.

I'm very curious to hear your reasoning, despite that I disagree.

EDIT:
    If it's the same as one/two, having a "mean girl" streak, I never hid the fact that I absolutely do. If anything, I want people to know it. I generally am colder on the outside, softer on the inside and toward those who are closer. That said, I have never said things like "go kill yourself" to anyone. You get what you give with me, eye for an eye. If you're a dick, I'm a dick right back; if you're respectful, so am I. Typical ESI, really. If you fuck with innocents, such as implanting USB ports into the backs of cats, or raping/abusing children, you get full on sick and sadistic Lady Lioness reacting with visceral anger toward injustice, evening out the power imbalance, and exacting vengeance in defense of innocents; typical e8.
    Last edited by Fluffy Princess Unicorn; 10-07-2022 at 06:04 PM.

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alive View Post
    EII have Fi+. Telling someone to kill themselves like two did to you (which I think crossed a line even though I like two) is almost completely out of the question for EII. It is more a dramatic response paired with Fi-.
    Alive, I don't actually mind you much or have that much of a problem with you. You and I are supposed to be ignoring each other and "no contact" at this point now, but if you can agree to be more respectful and not constantly bombard/harass with forceful retypings of me, trying to tell me who I am or what I'm like when you don't even know me (especially by way of insults like you have, such as "emotionally unstable"), etc. or otherwise troll like this, I think we can remove that. If you can't show more respect, then it should remain in place, and you will just not be able to reply to me/etc. Up to you.

Your family thinks I'm a criminal
    TIM
    BAMF
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

i think too many confuse having an actual personality with being an ethical type and it's annoying.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Dane Horlock View Post
    i think too many confuse having an actual personality with being an ethical type and it's annoying.
    Robert you are just saying that because you are mad people do it to you lol
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not questioning or doubting my type. Others are welcome to disagree, but I expect to be respected in the face of those differences in views. When it's done respectfully, I actually like to hear others' thoughts on my type. However, they shouldn't expect me to change my mind. I've been in this community for too long, and considered too many types, not to be certain by now.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Lioness View Post
    Ayyyy, finally someone who isn't just trolling or coming from a place of an "enemy" stance is typing me as something else besides ESI. My type doesn't get challenged much from neutral grounds like this. I have solid reasons to disagree with this typing for myself, but it's kind of fun that someone has challenged ESI from a neutral place anyway. Normally, I even get VI'd as ESI, and most people think I am an ESI meme in general. The only exceptions thus far have been people I butted heads with and people who are trolls.

I'm very curious to hear your reasoning, despite that I disagree.

EDIT:
    If it's the same as one/two, having a "mean girl" streak, I never hid the fact that I absolutely do. If anything, I want people to know it. I generally am colder on the outside, softer on the inside and toward those who are closer. That said, I have never said things like "go kill yourself" to anyone. You get what you give with me, eye for an eye. If you're a dick, I'm a dick right back; if you're respectful, so am I. Typical ESI, really. If you fuck with innocents, such as implanting USB ports into the backs of cats, or raping/abusing children, you get full on sick and sadistic Lady Lioness reacting with visceral anger toward injustice, evening out the power imbalance, and exacting vengeance in defense of innocents; typical e8.
    Oh well shit I didn’t really mean you as a mean girl. I’m just saying it seems something like a mean girl would say as in the movie mean girls

I’m crap at explaining my thought process and my mind has been tainted by that of gulenkoism cultist ideas and if yours hasn’t I’m sure we have a different perception of socionics

you are kind of….dramatic …. I mean I hate to say that like it’s a bad thing, which it isn’t exactly. You just seem all passionate to me, like as in a passionate type. You also seem to change your avatar pic a lot,as well as your user name. This seem to me more like something an irrational type would do. But EIE also plays with their image a lot, being the actors and all. I did also consider SEE, so yeah maybe SEE. Idk. I haven’t looked real far into in and lined it up to the ‘sect’ of theory that I’ve been going with. But how I’m looking at it from what I know doesn’t seem to be aligned with how you seem to be looking at it.

blah blah blah says result type (whew)
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    BAMF
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Robert you are just saying that because you are mad people do it to you lol
    It’s not that. It’s just that for a theory that’s meant to be based around systems and logic and information metabolism, a lot of people seem to rely solely on stereotypes as their main form of understanding the theory, when it’s more nuanced than just that.

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh well shit I didn’t really mean you as a mean girl. I’m just saying it seems something like a mean girl would say as in the movie mean girls

I’m crap at explaining my thought process and my mind has been tainted by that of gulenkoism cultist ideas and if yours hasn’t I’m sure we have a different perception of socionics

you are kind of….dramatic …. I mean I hate to say that like it’s a bad thing, which it isn’t exactly. You just seem all passionate to me, like as in a passionate type. You also seem to change your avatar pic a lot,as well as your user name. This seem to me more like something an irrational type would do. But EIE also plays with their image a lot, being the actors and all. I did also consider SEE, so yeah maybe SEE. Idk. I haven’t looked real far into in and lined it up to the ‘sect’ of theory that I’ve been going with. But how I’m looking at it from what I know doesn’t seem to be aligned with how you seem to be looking at it.

blah blah blah says result type (whew)
    The passionate stuff, I see as Se. I think there is a difference between passion of Fe. Fe passion is outward expression, animation, like dramatic acting and so forth. Morrisey, an EIE, I think demonstrates it well.

By dramatic, I'm guessing you mean intense? It's also part of Sx 8. (I'm not offended btw, it's not even something I'm unaware of. I am intense and I am sort of conflict prone. Kind of on the crazy side...at least inwardly. IRL people think I'm chill as fuck because I don't express things outwardly in an Fe way.)

IRL I'm not animated at all. The forums see moreso my inner world of Fi. IRL people would never guess there's so much passion or intensity in my inner world. It's always been something that bothers me, as it results in me being underestimated sometimes (meaning people think they can cross boundaries I won't actually allow them to cross in reality). I am kind of monotone, flat, inexpressive. Not as much as an Fe PoLR usually is, but enough for it to make people laugh and joke about it. I remember a friend poking fun at me for saying "my PC mouse just died" while in the midst of a boss fight in a PC game, with no expression in my tone. He was like, "I don't know whether to even take you seriously or not." We all laughed, but stuff like that is common with me.

I've considered SEE, but I think I'm just very much an Se subtype.

As for PFPs...I don't think that indicates irrationality. I just quickly get bored with seeing the same thing. Overall, in general, PFPs aside, I do match rational rather than irrational. Example, it drives me nuts when watching TV series together with someone and they decide to start a new series before finishing the others we've started. I hate changing course.

I'll also add that aristocracy is against my values very strongly. I hate it with a passion, and I live a life that goes against the grain of it. I'm also a results type.

Thanks for sharing your reasons ♥
    Last edited by Fluffy Princess Unicorn; 10-08-2022 at 03:41 PM.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't understand why there is such a fuss with typings, when we actually have two very good tests that can tell a person's type with great accuracy. Now what needs to be invented is an AI that analyzes photos of people and gives the type (which I think soon could be possible). The only things that don't lie are tests (unles the taker games them) and VI. Especially VI. The rest... Are just Ti's of people and just their opinions (mostly).

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But is VI. based on proven causality or is this just based on weird correlations?

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...e-correlations

https://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alive, I don't actually mind you much or have that much of a problem with you. You and I are supposed to be ignoring each other and "no contact" at this point now, but if you can agree to be more respectful and not constantly bombard/harass with forceful retypings of me, trying to tell me who I am or what I'm like when you don't even know me (especially by way of insults like you have, such as "emotionally unstable"), etc. or otherwise troll like this, I think we can remove that. If you can't show more respect, then it should remain in place, and you will just not be able to reply to me/etc. Up to you.
    to be honest, I don't think it's that good of an idea to initiate contact again. I seem to get along with some people and not so much with others and I'm pretty tired and bored about arguments and I would rather limit the amount of friction that I have on this site since all these heated exchanges seem very unproductive to me. I don't feel any hate, I don't think I feel anything really. you do you and I do what I think is right and that's enough.
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so.

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WinnieW View Post
    But is VI. based on proven causality or is this just based on weird correlations?

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...e-correlations

https://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations
    If an AI can produce VI-congruent images like the stuff VewwyScawwy has posted, or the Berserk video, it also can analyze a photo and give the socionics type. VI is true, alpha NT's might not like it much because they do not value +Ni/-Ne (pattern recognition, underlying/hidden phenomena).

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lavos View Post
    I don't understand why there is such a fuss with typings, when we actually have two very good tests that can tell a person's type with great accuracy. Now what needs to be invented is an AI that analyzes photos of people and gives the type (which I think soon could be possible). The only things that don't lie are tests (unles the taker games them) and VI. Especially VI. The rest... Are just Ti's of people and just their opinions (mostly).
    I know you have posted about these two tests already, but I can't seem to find that rn.
    Care to post links again?

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adage View Post
    I know you have posted about these two tests already, but I can't seem to find that rn.
    Care to post links again?
    https://www.sociotype.com/tests/
    https://www.aimtoknow.com/test_beta

TIM
    INxp
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not going to say these are outright wrong or not helpful, but they're not necessarily accurate for establishing a strict type.
    There's also an issues of self-reporting being less reliable than other factors (people might say they're logical, but are actually quite ethical even if they don't realise it).

I think they are helpful to narrow-down on quadra or club, though.
    For example, someone might get results that indicate they're IEE, when in actuality they are an EIE and don't know it. However, from the results you can probably assume they are likely intuitive, ethical, and/or aristocratic, so that gives you a decent chunk of types to think about.

Also, determining introversion/extroversion in Socionics is really hard too, most especially when it comes to self-reported tests, because E/I information elements are not about whether you're shy or outgoing.
    And rational/irrational is hard to really judge too, unless you happen to be a very close representation to stereotype.

That all being said, it's good that the results from both give other possibilities of what your type could be in the results.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Manatroid92 View Post
    Not going to say these are outright wrong or not helpful, but they're not necessarily accurate for establishing a strict type.
    There's also an issues of self-reporting being less reliable than other factors (people might say they're logical, but are actually quite ethical even if they don't realise it).

I think they are helpful to narrow-down on quadra or club, though.
    For example, someone might get results that indicate they're IEE, when in actuality they are an EIE and don't know it. However, from the results you can probably assume they are likely intuitive, ethical, and/or aristocratic, so that gives you a decent chunk of types to think about.

Also, determining introversion/extroversion in Socionics is really hard too, most especially when it comes to self-reported tests, because E/I information elements are not about whether you're shy or outgoing.
    And rational/irrational is hard to really judge too, unless you happen to be a very close representation to stereotype.

That all being said, it's good that the results from both give other possibilities of what your type could be in the results.
    Yes it's true, but I am assuming some research would go in hand with the test result. With a bit of narrowing down and eliminating options, very likely you can find out your type. Tests are certainly helpful (if they are well crafted , that is), the only time where they might miss is if the person taking the test doesn't respond honestly (either consciously or subsconciously), or they have self-identity issues. For 95% of people, they will work and give them them good clues towards their real type, sometimes the type outright even (in the case of the Sociotype test). I'm judging based on my experience with them, and what I've observed of results in threads where the users have posted them. It could also be that I don't like the Ti method of analyzing questionnaires, but I do like the Te method of evaluating evidence of a person's presentation and how it lines up with Socionics workings.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Manatroid92 View Post
    They actually are, as far as the person has a developed type and is a "pure" type without accentuations or contradicting subtypes etc.

Typically an introvert is insecure about the world and has complexes about it. An extravert is insecure about his inner world. If the conscious type gets over-developed this becomes extreme.

In reality things are more complicated but the type itself is definitely contributing to introverts and extraverts behaving just as you described. But yes, tests don't work.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    INxp
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    They actually are, as far as the person has a developed type and is a "pure" type without accentuations or contradicting subtypes etc.

Typically an introvert is insecure about the world and has complexes about it. An extravert is insecure about his inner world. If the conscious type gets over-developed this becomes extreme.

In reality things are more complicated but the type itself is definitely contributing to introverts and extraverts behaving just as you described. But yes, tests don't work.
    Yeah, factors like these are more obvious traits of the respective types. But I think how people perceive themselves as being more introverted than extroverted can be tricky, like some people can be more 'introverted' compared to their social circle, but they are still extroverted types. Subtypes may come into play here, too.

And insecurity about one's inner-world is one of those distinctions that's a bit nebulous as a means of self-assessment. It's a difference between I and E, sure, but I find it's hard to really quantify. If it was a quality that would be easy to measure in oneself, it would be very easy for someone to determine if they really are introverted or not, and not just shy/socially anxious or something.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I go through life I can't say that I have made that observation. Why is it that I feel comfortable expressing my interest in socionics to a random stranger I type as intuitive and they are interested while sensing types don't care about it at all or change the topic after a few sentences or I can't even imagine how I would introduce it? Stereotypes don't come from nowhere.
    Don't forget that you live in Germany

Germans are generally more disciplined , more strict and serious than other peoples , I doubt that someone there would waste his time reading things about Socionics

Germany is not the whole world
    Souls know their way back home

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I VI differently than I test. Explain.

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pregnantman View Post
    dr phil-worthy advice. only a fool would turn down this bargain of a deal
    Dr Phil is a narcissistic asshole who I'm shocked understands his alphabet. I'm also not offering any deals, I'm saying "be respectful and don't get moderated when you reply to me, or continue as you are and get moderated when you reply to me." It's not a deal, it's consequences for his own actions. It's me not putting up with peoples' shit. It's called commanding respect, which first comes from having self-respect. You should learn it sometime.
    Last edited by Fluffy Princess Unicorn; 10-08-2022 at 03:28 PM.

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahh. Yeah, I can't relate to that type of mean girl. Those are the kinds of bitches I've always put in their place all my life, defended others from, etc. Bullies. So, if two has a mean girl side, no wonder she hates me.

Honestly, it's good to be hated sometimes. If no one hates you, you're doing something wrong.

TIM
    BAMF
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

How in the actual hell is @Lady Lioness even remotely Beta NF? Literally, everything she says comes from a Fi standpoint, first and foremost. She prioritizes her own values and judgment over the group, and she doesn't care if she "upsets" the atmosphere (Fe ignoring) to get to the point concisely and say what needs to be said (Se creative). She also seems to care a great deal about protecting herself from harmful relations (-Fi, Gamma Quadra). I have never actually seen her explore alternative possibilities either, she's set on doing things her way (Ne PoLR). Never saw her use Demonstrative Ne, nor Fe or Ni well. I don't actually understand, functionally how you all see it in her.

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Dane Horlock View Post
    How in the actual hell is @Lady Lioness even remotely Beta NF? Literally, everything she says comes from a Fi standpoint, first and foremost. She prioritizes her own values and judgment over the group, and she doesn't care if she "upsets" the atmosphere (Fe ignoring) to get to the point concisely and say what needs to be said (Se creative). She also seems to care a great deal about protecting herself from harmful relations (-Fi, Gamma Quadra). I have never actually seen her explore alternative possibilities either, she's set on doing things her way (Ne PoLR). Never saw her use Demonstrative Ne, nor Fe or Ni well.
    Accurate as fuck. Lol. I'm this much of an ESI meme. Although I'm a bit blind in the "doesn't explore alternatives" area. Not sure what alternatives I'm not exploring.

I don't actually understand, functionally how you all see it in her.
    Aster is accurate about how I am, but I think she just mixes up types of passion, which is actually really easy to do and understandable.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Lady Lioness
    >Avoid, avoid, avoid, then blow up and overreact hardcore.
    this is generally an introvert thing, IME - conflict in the Se sense is related materials, physical things, power, control of resources
    also superego functions are the most painful, so strange behaviour is most usual in those areas

types are stereotypical, it's the only way to communicate about tendencies in people. when a person claims something about a type, they don't mean that everyone of that type conforms to that behaviour (hopefully). they are merely collections of, on average, more usual behaviour, not absolutes, for a specific type (such as Fi types being more concerned with their likes/dislikes than other types on average). everyone diverges from the descriptions to some degree, some more, some less. the type a person has is just what description they match with the most. notwithstanding that socionics itself is speculative and may be wrong about many things.

TIM
    Check the signature
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Your typing of forum members

I’m gonna stir the pot too and say Lady Lioness is like, EIE. And also cp 6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Socionics is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have, but I have it.

I can't click “like” on peoples posts due to the poor functionality of the site on my end. Just know that if you quoted me and were nice to me that I’m psychically sending you a like from my heart.

Model G: IEI-CN
    Model A: Most likely ISFx
    MBTI: ISFP-A
    Enneagram: 9w8 5w6 2w1 sp/so
    AP: VELF 4231
    PY: FEVL

TIM
    BAMF
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Accurate as fuck. Lol. I'm this much of an ESI meme. Although I'm a bit blind in the "doesn't explore alternatives" area. Not sure what alternatives I'm not exploring.
    I should rephrase that to mean that you don't seem like a 'what if?' person; someone who explores multiple options for the sake of it and just sticks to the relevant ones. I've never seen you try and push the boundaries of what is realistically possible, potentially with your thought. You keep it realistic, and don't explore overly complex ideas, and blow them out of proportion. You're decisive, and you know what you want and you explore your options within that realm.

Aster is accurate about how I am, but I think she just mixes up types of passion, which is actually really easy to do and understandable.
    Yeah, and I also think that she relies on vibes too much when typing people, and not so much the theory of functionality. Or how someone actually reacts in a given situation in the context of socionics and how it works. She may intuitively be right about people, yes, but not always in the context of the functions and the types on this forum.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the differences in perception of the type of @Lady Lioness ultimatively comes from the school or research you follow in socionics. She has read different sources. @Aster, @Pirouette and me simply follow Gulenko's school of thought about the types, and he portrays Beta as the warrior quadra full of passionate emotions. he even symbolizes this quadra with two knights on the front page of his website:

https://socioniks.net/

Gamma on the other hand is symbolized with capitalistic skyscrapers. he views Beta as youthful, passionate people (and if you are denying that Lady is not a passionate person you are denying reality imo) that fight against all odds for a goal that is difficult to achieve, while Gamma is characterized as pragmatic, egoistic, dispasionate, efficiency-driven and oriented towards material gain. this youthful spirit that Gulenko writes about is observable in many works of art

so it's basically just a difference in perspective that cannot really be brigded. you either trust in gulenko's school or follow a different system

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I VI differently than I test. Explain.
    VI takes precedence. Among the test results, there should be one that you VI as. That would be your type.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the differences in perception of the type of @Lady Lioness ultimatively comes from the school or research you follow in socionics. She has read different sources. @Aster, @Pirouette and me simply follow Gulenko's school of thought about the types, and he portrays Beta as the warrior quadra full of passionate emotions. he even symbolizes this quadra with two knights on the front page of his website:

https://socioniks.net/

Gamma on the other hand is symbolized with capitalistic skyscrapers. he views Beta as youthful, passionate people (and if you are denying that Lady is not a passionate person you are denying reality imo) that fight against all odds for a goal that is difficult to achieve, while Gamma is characterized as pragmatic, egoistic, dispasionate, efficiency-driven and oriented towards material gain. this youthful spirit that Gulenko writes about is observable in many works of art

so it's basically just a difference in perspective that cannot really be brigded. you either trust in gulenko's school or follow a different system
    The views about the quadras are biased. Made by alpha NT's, who are not good at analyzing people but inanimate objects, came up with those.They are stereotypes. Gamma in particular is the most misunderstood quadra (understandable as well since it's the opposite quadra of the alpha NT's who write those descriptions). I noticed this bias very soon when I came to Socionics. Wonder why other people don't notice. I guess some gammas probably notice it too, but they don't say anything it seems

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The views about the quadras are biased. Made by alpha NT's, who are not good at analyzing people but inanimate objects, came up with those.They are stereotypes. Gamma in particular is the most misunderstood quadra (understandable as well since it's the opposite quadra of the alpha NT's who write those descriptions). I noticed this bias very soon when I came to Socionics. Wonder why other people don't notice. I guess some gammas probably notice it too, but they don't say anything it seems
    I mean you are entitled to your own opinion like everyone else but if you can't understand that people here place much more importance on a person that has analyzed personality types for decades compared to you who has never published anything significant and seems to completely rely on your intuition for typings, I dunno, you need to question yourself a little bit. most people here learn the theory in a casual way, and many just want to follow the person that is considered the absolute expert in the field and not a nobody that may or may not be right or gifted. Almost everyone here thinks they have the true insights into all of this but very few people actually make the effort of publishing articles about their thoughts. for now you are just a random person that occasionally gets a type right.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mean you are entitled to your own opinion like everyone else but if you can't understand that people here place much more importance on a person that has analyzed personality types for decades compared to you who has never published anything significant and seems to completely rely on your intuition for typings, I dunno, you need to question yourself a little bit. most people here learn the theory in a casual way, and many just want to follow the person that is considered the absolute expert in the field and not a nobody that may or may not be right or gifted. Almost everyone here thinks they have the true insights into all of this but very few people actually make the effort of publishing articles about their thoughts. for now you are just a random person that occasionally gets a type right.
    You're starting to grate on me. It is irrelevant if a person has supposed expertise, if what they are asserting is incorrect. This just shows how easily swayed by popular opinion, con men, titles, and supposed "expertise" you are. The truth is independent from who asserts it, it stands on its own. That you are unable to discern it, and have to rely on the opinion of these "experts", is your problem. But I have good news(I guess); a lot of people are just like you.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're starting to grate on me. It is irrelevant if a person has supposed expertise, if what they are asserting isincorrect. This just shows how easily swayed by popular opinion, con men, titles, and supposed "expertise" you are. The truth is independent from who asserts it, it stands on its own. That you are unable to discern it, and have to rely on the opinion of these "experts", is your problem. But I have good news(I guess); a lot of people are just like you.
    what truth are you even talking about? oh I know, it's your truth. "if only all these sheep could see what I can see". you treat your own opinion as the end all be all, only you can see through all the things. get a grip, man. why don't you go to a scientifc community and tell them about all the revelations you have? socionics will be accepted in no time. you are truly an all-knowing deity, or maybe just another Ni dom that thinks his fantasy is reality.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe just another Ni dom that thinks his fantasy is reality
    Don't you think you're like that ?
    Souls know their way back home

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what truth are you even talking about? oh I know, it's your truth. "if only all these sheep could see what I can see". you treat your own opinion as the end all be all, only you can see through all the things. get a grip, man. why don't you go to a scientifc community and tell them about all the revelations you have? socionics will be accepted in no time. you are truly an all-knowing deity, or maybe just another Ni dom that thinks his fantasy is reality.
    I don't pretend for anything I assert, for people to take it at face value. I want to believe (perhaps incorrectly) that people are intelligent enough to verify things. Or at least I want to make it so. And you're one to talk; who types half of the forum IEI. For sure, you're one to talk about "delusions"...

There are a lot of stupid people in positions of influence. That doesn't make it right or should be accepted. Wake up dude. You don't know anything.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Missmessy View Post
    Don't you think you're like that ?
    you know, the same with you. I wish you were more humble. how long have you been studying socionics now? maybe half a year? and already you see yourself as an expert that needs to constantly criticize me even though I have you on ignore on chat and here because I can't read the nonsense you write. you switch your type like you switch your clothes. it is clear that you don't understand the theory, but you keep debating as if you are an expert. and yes, I get annoyed by that over time.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't pretend for anything I assert, for people to take it at face value. Wake up dude. You don't know anything.
    You're starting to grate on me. It is irrelevant if a person has supposed expertise, if what they are asserting is incorrect. The truth is independent from who asserts it, it stands on its own. That you are unable to discern it, and have to rely on the opinion of these "experts", is your problem.
    you literally are implying that Gulenko is wrong and that you are the person who knows the truth. don't pretend like it's otherwise.