Page 70 of 199 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120170 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,800 of 7937

Thread: Your typing of forum members

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FarDraft View Post
    First, the very fact that there is so much redundancy would lead to the system being inconsistent since the redundant material is established theory. Hence, to cut through it would be to deny aspects of the theory that are already created while simultaneously keeping some aspects based on what you "feel" is correct. Second, even if there are inner psychological objects, who says that they can be modelled by socionics? I won't disagree that it takes and and is challenging to understand people and how they function, but to use that as a justification for an inconsistent theory is equivalent to justifying all of a god's actions because they're "mysterious" and "difficult to understand". If even those who are experts can't agree with established theories, then the theory isn't challenging, it's wrong. Patterns and trends are all that can remain.
    Psychological type is holographic. Meow.

https://youtu.be/JirvSuZQ-gA?t=225
    TIM
    IEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Simpler broader traits of sociotypes should have a higher priority on forum typings so that I dunno, people can actually discuss and argue the basics first before throwing out random ass traits that are far more detailed and unused than most people are capable of discussing. There's no point in arguing about types unless you start with dichotomies like I/E, N/S, T/F, P/J. Though if you use visual identification then it's more difficult to talk about lol, so just maybe it would be good to have a separate VI (even if it your official type for the person) type from the basic socionics dichotomy-based type.

TIM
    INTp 5
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cicio View Post
    Simpler broader traits of sociotypes should have a higher priority on forum typings so that I dunno, people can actually discuss and argue the basics first before throwing out random ass traits that are far more detailed and unused than most people are capable of discussing. There's no point in arguing about types unless you start with dichotomies like I/E, N/S, T/F, P/J. Though if you use visual identification then it's more difficult to talk about lol, so just maybe it would be good to have a separate VI (even if it your official type for the person) type from the basic socionics dichotomy-based type.
    Part of the issue is that there isn't a clearly delineated purpose of socionics on this forum. Is it meant to be a personality test? A method to determine one's cognition? The connection between behavioural traits and visual identification? It tries to do all three and more yet fails (imo) because the subsystems conflicts with one another and the underlying purpose of the theory is gone.

Personally, I think that socionics should be about two things: cognition and intertype relations. We define a system of 16 archetypes with particular cognitive preferences and resulting cognitive styles. We then consider, from a purely cognitive perspective, how types would interact based on those preferences. High level behaviours get in the way because of emergent behaviour. I think this should be it's purpose because personality-wise, big 5 is already the standard model. Moreover, it would allow a stronger foundation since Jung's original thoughts were cognitive in nature coupled with some behavioural consequences.

The other option would be for socionics to be a higher level personality system like MBTI, but its depth would be lost, which would be unfortunate, even if it's not scientifically substantiated.

EDIT: I should note that by "interact" I mean areas where types would clash and construct from a cognitive perspective. For example, Se bases have Ni DS, so when speaking to an Ni type they may get what they want/need. Rather than a behavioural interaction.
    ----- FarDraft, 2020

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FarDraft View Post
    Part of the issue is that there isn't a clearly delineated purpose of socionics on this forum. Is it meant to be a personality test? A method to determine one's cognition? The connection between behavioural traits and visual identification? It tries to do all three and more yet fails (imo) because
    Because the understanding of the typology and related begins with the correct understanding of own type, which is LII, but not ILI like you think. Without this you see regular bs and then seek for bs rationalizations.

"Xiong Mao"
    TIM
    LII - Ne
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Sol if you think you're some authority on typology, then why have you not got your type displayed on your profile? What purpose does hiding it serve?

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

If Socionics was a cult, we wouldn't be so skilled at making valid-sounding arguments showing how others act like fanatics. Those who say that Socionics teaches nothing but falsehood also cannot explain how its adherents always show great ingenuity at managing to be unpalatable to all whenever they converse. Socionics is not a cult.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Plenty of petty squabbling and invalidating of others can happen within cults. However, even if Socionics were a full-fledged cult, it would have to be a low-stakes cult, as I’ve pointed out before. No one is asking us to pay for things, to turn against our families, to work for little to no money, to recruit new believers, and the like.

We have no charismatic leader, living or dead. We’re not being exploited. Brainwashed—I give you that one.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    We have no charismatic leader, living or dead. We’re not being exploited. Brainwashed—I give you that one.
    I'm sorry to say this (although I feel nobody should be above criticism): I know I speak for many dozens of people when I say that I find such remarks deeply insulting to the memory of Aušra Augustinavičiūtėčiūtėčiūtėčiūtė, whose name is never far from our lips.

How dare you insult our leader! Next you'll be saying her teachings were in error!

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Stratiyevskaya did nothing wrong.
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Lol socionics isn't a cult. It's just an obsessive hobby.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Speaking of leaders. I still have functioning Discord server around which has a channel called "The temple of Gulenko".
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BFGDoomer View Post
    I think i might be SLI. The problem is i'm very good at rationalizing almost every perspective and to create groundworks for every socionics position in relation to the IE/IR. I 'play' certain types to see how they fit and discover modes of thinking that correspond with types. I must have RP'ed almost every type in the socion by now
    Same! Lol! Except I'm not necessarily SLI.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think once you experience true supervision then there is no coming back (and your status is below of supervisor). It comes out from nowhere.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    I think once you experience true supervision then there is no coming back (and your status is below of supervisor). It comes out from nowhere.
    I don't think most people know what supervision is. It's often not necessarily constant critique and damage. It's waking up one day to find you've been deceived for a long time and all your shit is already fucked/ruined/gone.

The good part is that the supervisor often entrusts certain resources to the supervisee, thinking they'll never really come to an understanding of what the supervisor has done to them. The supervisee can then use those resources in a gambit for vengeance.

The supervisee can have a lot of power over the supervisor. That power is in the id, though. Supervisee can tell supervisor, "You know that DS shit you depend on? Kiss that shit goodbye."

This is why supervisor eventually gives way to supervisee. The supervisor can hit the superego, but the supervisee can undermine the core of the supervisor's psyche.
    Last edited by Aramas; 12-06-2018 at 10:26 PM.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Supervision is an attack from similar kind of person constantly to a PoLR while others might have great difficulties seeing it. It is subtle but it gets you every time.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    Supervision is an attack
    it's care, but not attack. the task is to improve, but not to kill

touchy F types...

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    touchy F types...
    You don't deserve F types

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

There Rose have added arguments for her F type. And more basis to suppose Fe for her.

I do not understand what F types want from the typology more. To play in types and intrigues or to get the truth and reasonable argumentation to types related.
    I can't even to assign this to Fe types only, with their the lack of interest in objective reality. As I saw the similar from ESI, for example - the strong negative emotions on thinking her other type than she thought herself. F types tend to have too emotional links with own opinions and so react by emotions when those opinions get the opposing. Se valued and Fe valued types - should to have it as more expressed. Also sometimes people choose "comfortable" types for themselves, alike to fit to good IR with someones and to bad IR with others - this play with the reality is more expected from F types too, which easier fool themselves and tend to follow to emotional reasons for opinions.

The only hope, - F type or not, - after some time the reason and some thinking should lead to adequate reality perceptions, as observations will make noticable more of contradictions with incorrect opinions. Or to stop using of the types theory and rejecting of the typology, in case the reality is chosen to stay below emotions in types related.

Fe tend to drama. *sigh*

In her art preferences are _many_ pictures of violence, death, victimish fantasies - much more common for Se valued. Pinterest is from her signature.

@Venus Rose
    It's not constructive to run away from the reality and such to feel offenced on the truth about it. Your emotions will be better when you'll organise the reality to better way, but not when will keep tring to live in sweet dreams. When people become adults - they understand this more and more, what makes them more responsible.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    You don't deserve F types
    I was not bad enough in the previous lifes so was given base T.
    Last edited by Sol; 12-28-2018 at 11:05 PM.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    There Rose have added arguments for her F type. And more basis to suppose Fe for her.

I do not understand what F types want from the typology more. To play in types and intrigues or to get the truth and reasonable argumentation to types related.
    I can't even to assign this to Fe types only, with their the lack of interest in objective reality. As I saw the similar from ESI, for example - the strong negative emotions on thinking her other type than she thought herself. F types tend to have too emotional links with own opinions and so react by emotions when those opinions get the opposing. Se valued and Fe valued types - should to have it as more expressed. Also sometimes people choose "comfortable" types for themselves, alike to fit to good IR with someones and to bad IR with others - this play with the reality is more expected from F types too, which easier fool themselves and tend to follow to emotional reasons for opinions.

The only hope, - F type or not, - after some time the reason and some thinking should lead to adequate reality perceptions, as observations will make noticable more of contradictions with incorrect opinions. Or to stop using of the types theory and rejecting of the typology, in case the reality is chosen to stay below emotions in types related.

Fe tend to drama. *sigh*

@Venus Rose
    It's not constructive to run away from the reality and such to feel offenced on the truth about it. Your emotions will be better when you'll organise the reality to better way, but not when will keep tring to live in sweet dreams. When people become adults - they understand this more and more, what makes them more responsible.

I was not bad enough in the previous lifes so was given base T.
    When people ask you to stop coming at them with unwanted typing advice and you relentlessly seek them out across the forum anyways, why would they have any reason to stay? Your opinion as a "T type" can be just as biased as others, and I would say more so because of how incredibly set in your ways you are regarding socionics.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chakram View Post
    When people ask you to stop coming at them with unwanted typing advice and you relentlessly seek them out across the forum anyways, why would they have any reason to stay? Your opinion as a "T type" can be just as biased as others, and I would say more so because of how incredibly set in your ways you are regarding socionics.
    Correct. Just calling yourself a T-type and writing in a matter of fact manner, doesn't mean you are always correct, or more logical. It doesn't win you the argument.

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah but I think @Sol has been at this longer than the average user and has a LOT of collected data and experiences to share. I can understand where he's coming from in that regard. And it can be very frustrating for an experienced typist to share their views among relative newbies who do not understand how convoluted socionics really is, to come along simple minded and just disregard the hard work and experience of others who ultimately are only trying to help and preserve the integrity of their accumulated knowledge before yet more error creeps in and easily deludes the masses.
    ~* astralsilky

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

Post types & fully individuated before 2012 ...

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vesstheastralsilky View Post
    Yeah but I think @Sol has been at this longer than the average user and has a LOT of collected data and experiences to share. I can understand where he's coming from in that regard. And it can be very frustrating for an experienced typist to share their views among relative newbies who do not understand how convoluted socionics really is, to come along simple minded and just disregard the hard work and experience of others who ultimately are only trying to help and preserve the integrity of their accumulated knowledge before yet more error creeps in and easily deludes the masses.
    There’s no way to confirm that those experiences are meaningful, and on the surface most of Sol’s typings are obviously retarded, even ignoring his annoying approach.

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    There’s no way to confirm that those experiences are meaningful, and on the surface most of Sol’s typings are obviously retarded, even ignoring his annoying approach.
    His ideas on types tend to be more accurate than most here or at least on track and I don't know how long he's been at this but I have been for almost 20 years. Experience is worth something. My typical reaction to a lot of typings on here is that they are thinking too shallow yet and are typing way out in left field. But it is a learning process and everyone needs grace to learn and be willing to consider other views even if not accepting them ultimately.
    ~* astralsilky

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His ideas on types tend to be more accurate than most here or at least on track and I don't know how long he's been at this but I have been for almost 20 years. Experience is worth something.
    Get back to me when you’ve found one other person on this entire forum, besides Sol himself of course, who agrees with you on that.

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get back to me when you’ve found one other person on this entire forum, besides Sol himself of course, who agrees with you on that.
    It ultimately doesn't matter who agrees. Truth is not subject to popular opinion to remain truth.
    ~* astralsilky

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It ultimately doesn't matter who agrees. Truth is not subject to popular opinion to remain truth.
    Yeah it only matters if you think it’s true or not lol.

So you think his type ideas are better than average. Are you aware that he types me IEI?

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah it only matters if you think it’s true or not lol.

So you think his type ideas are better than average. Are you aware that he types me IEI?
    Hmmm I did not know but I will be alert to this from here on out in my evaluations. How do you type yourself again?? SLE? Hmm.
    ~* astralsilky

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm I did not know but I will be alert to this from here on out in my evaluations. How do you type yourself again?? SLE? Hmm.
    Yeah just pay attention lol. We all have lots of wonderful *experience* with Sol here... maybe keep an open mind.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While we’re on this topic I’ve always typed Sol LSE. I find his typology ideas and general insights to be decent actually but he can’t apply them at all almost when trying to type people over the internet. I ascribe this to horrible theory of mind as a result of Ni polr. That’s probably also why he always insists on seeing videos of people. He’s typed himself correctly (IMO) and decisively though, which is more than many on here can say.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Such a shame he always contorts them into idiotic typings for people.

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah just pay attention lol. We all have lots of wonderful *experience* with Sol here... maybe keep an open mind.
    Yeah I see it ;O)

I don't get riled up about it in reaction as some seem to though.
    ~* astralsilky

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

While we’re on this topic I’ve always typed Sol LSE. I find his typology ideas and general insights to be decent actually but he can’t apply them at all almost when trying to type people over the internet. I ascribe this to horrible theory of mind as a result of Ni polr. That’s probably also why he always insists on seeing videos of people. He’s typed himself correctly (IMO) and decisively though, which is more than many on here can say.
    I think most people here are likely intuitives, especially since this is a very obscure field of study. Sensors that hang out for years on an esoteric typology forum? Not likely. I think LII is more likely, a very LSEish LII.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nebula View Post
    I think most people here are likely intuitives, especially since this is a very obscure field of study. Sensors that hang out for years on an esoteric typology forum? Not likely. I think LII is more likely, a very LSEish LII.
    Is there some reason you’re quoting my post?

And am I ILE to you then? I’ve been into typology since 2006. Type me Nebula.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm not trying to throw dirt on Sols understanding of socionics or anything like that, I think he can be very accurate a decent amount of the time, and sometimes biased, like anyone. Going out of your way to continually throw your opinion at someone doesn't seem to be an effective way of getting them, or others, to take your opinion seriously, and it also reflects poorly on the forum imo.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he can be very accurate a decent amount of the time, and sometimes biased, like anyone.
    It seems more like he goes against people’s self-typings almost every single time though. That’s much more often than most on here.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It seems more like he goes against people’s self-typings almost every single time though. That’s much more often than most on here.
    A firmer opinion than most perhaps, which makes it seem like that.

Are there any updated @Sol typing lists on here?

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A firmer opinion than most perhaps, which makes it seem like that.

Are there any updated @Sol typing lists on here?
    Nope, it doesn’t just “seem” like that. Follow his posts where he addresses people and he almost never uses people’s self-typings.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    This and other recent posts makes me think you're confusing socionics for MBTI. Those things are probably true in MBTI, and it's how they type people. In that system it seems like if you think and like learning, have a brain, have creativity or ever talk about things beyond the immediate physical world you're automatically an intuitive. If you're sort of retarded and simple-minded you're a sensor.

It doesn't work like that in socionics though, "sensors" can actually think and have interests and create and use imagination and have minds too. Look at the different approaches people take to how they learn about things though -- that's where you can start seeing different IEs show up. The empirical approach tends to be Te, the systematic approach Ti, so on and whatever.
    Not saying they can't, just not as likely, looking at the larger picture. Intuitives do correlate with openness to experience. Being interested in something like this is similar to being interested in philosophy, which is far too removed from the more practical concerns of most people. You would most likely, although not necessarily, have to be rather open to be receptive to this stuff in the first place.Being intuitive is just a different way of thinking. It has its advantages and disadvantages.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    This and other recent posts makes me think you're confusing socionics for MBTI. Those things are probably true in MBTI, and it's how they type people. In that system it seems like if you think and like learning, have a brain, have creativity or ever talk about things beyond the immediate physical world you're automatically an intuitive. If you're sort of retarded and simple-minded you're a sensor.

It doesn't work like that in socionics though, "sensors" can actually think and have interests and create and use imagination and have minds too. Look at the different approaches people take to how they learn about things though -- that's where you can start seeing different IEs show up. The empirical approach tends to be Te, the systematic approach Ti, so on and whatever.
    Please. Everybody knows that while sensors can use computer mice adeptly, they can’t read or likely use anything above the brain stem.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nebula View Post
    Not saying they can't, just not as likely, looking at the larger picture. Intuitives do correlate with openness to experience. Being interested in something like this is similar to being interested in philosophy, which is far too removed from the more practical concerns of most people. You would most likely, although not necessarily, have to be rather open to be receptive to this stuff in the first place.Being intuitive is just a different way of thinking. It has its advantages and disadvantages.
    No. In Socionics, sensors seek out intuitive super-id (and super-ego) information.