Page 79 of 97 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,160 of 3858

Thread: Your typing of forum members

  1. #3121
    Impermanence para's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Speculative sensation
    Posts
    799
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    https://youtu.be/xj5kKkOCJCo

    Putting this up, mainly because i've seen @Kill4Me and @Beautiful sky type categorically, and i would like for them to look at my video.

    I'm going to remove it soon again, as i'm shy and thus uncomfortable with these things, but anyone else who wants to comment are very free to chime in - please be overbearing with my soul-crushing accent.

    I lean towards SLI at the moment. (with ILI as next possibility)
    "Am I butterfly dreaming I'm a man? Or a bowling ball dreaming I'm a plate of sashimi? Never assume what you see and feel is real!"

  2. #3122
    Number 9 large's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Baking bread
    TIM
    ESTP 7w8
    Posts
    2,733
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by para View Post
    https://youtu.be/xj5kKkOCJCo

    Putting this up, mainly because i've seen @Kill4Me and @Beautiful sky type categorically, and i would like for them to look at my video.

    I'm going to remove it soon again, as i'm shy and thus uncomfortable with these things, but anyone else who wants to comment are very free to chime in - please be overbearing with my soul-crushing accent.

    I lean towards SLI at the moment. (with ILI as next possibility)
    I F type

  3. #3123
    Impermanence para's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Speculative sensation
    Posts
    799
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    I F type
    Interesting. Do you lean towards anything in particular?
    "Am I butterfly dreaming I'm a man? Or a bowling ball dreaming I'm a plate of sashimi? Never assume what you see and feel is real!"

  4. #3124
    Number 9 large's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Baking bread
    TIM
    ESTP 7w8
    Posts
    2,733
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by para View Post
    Interesting. Do you lean towards anything in particular?
    I was thinking EII?

  5. #3125
    What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Finland
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    1,935
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by para View Post
    https://youtu.be/xj5kKkOCJCo

    Putting this up, mainly because i've seen @Kill4Me and @Beautiful sky type categorically, and i would like for them to look at my video.

    I'm going to remove it soon again, as i'm shy and thus uncomfortable with these things, but anyone else who wants to comment are very free to chime in - please be overbearing with my soul-crushing accent.

    I lean towards SLI at the moment. (with ILI as next possibility)
    I think ILI, or maybe a very unusual SEI

  6. #3126
    Impermanence para's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Speculative sensation
    Posts
    799
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @Number 9 large
    Thank you for the input - i'll consider it.
    @Tallmo
    Thank you. Yes, i'm thinking some kind of Ip type at the moment, ILI more likely than SEI. You typed me LII initially, what made you change your mind?
    "Am I butterfly dreaming I'm a man? Or a bowling ball dreaming I'm a plate of sashimi? Never assume what you see and feel is real!"

  7. #3127
    What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Finland
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    1,935
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by para View Post
    Thank you. Yes, i'm thinking some kind of Ip type at the moment, ILI more likely than SEI. You typed me LII initially, what made you change your mind?
    Yes, I said LII before. But some of your posts here have been very abstract /conceptual. Usually LIIs want to keep things simple and down-to-earth. Also your tendency to observe the mind I associate with Ni.

    I think ILI fits well because for some reason I got a vague SEI feeling so that might be the superego.

  8. #3128
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,804
    Mentioned
    874 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    Yes, I said LII before. But some of your posts here have been very abstract /conceptual. Usually LIIs want to keep things simple and down-to-earth. Also your tendency to observe the mind I associate with Ni.

    I think ILI fits well because for some reason I got a vague SEI feeling so that might be the superego.
    Abstraction is an activity pertaining to the psychological functions in general. There is an abstract thinking, just as there is abstract feeling, sensation, and intuition. Abstract thinking singles out the rational, logical qualities of a given content from its intellectually irrelevant components. Abstract feeling does the same with a content characterized by its feeling-values . … Abstract sensation would be aesthetic as opposed to sensuous sensation, and abstract intuition would be symbolic as opposed to fantastic intuition. [“Definitions,” CW 6, par. 678.]
    I visualize the process of abstraction as a withdrawal of libido from the object, as a backflow of value from the object into a subjective, abstract content. For me, therefore, abstraction amounts to an energic devaluation of the object. In other words, abstraction is an introverting movement of libido. ~Carl Jung; CW 4; par. 679.
    .

    My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.​ C.G. Jung

     



  9. #3129
    عالم نفسي thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    8,012
    Mentioned
    281 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by para View Post
    https://youtu.be/xj5kKkOCJCo

    Putting this up, mainly because i've seen @Kill4Me and @Beautiful sky type categorically, and i would like for them to look at my video.

    I'm going to remove it soon again, as i'm shy and thus uncomfortable with these things, but anyone else who wants to comment are very free to chime in - please be overbearing with my soul-crushing accent.

    I lean towards SLI at the moment. (with ILI as next possibility)
    You are not SLI.

    You 1) consistently emphasized seeking the deeper meaning of life and reflecting on existence and yourself 2) have a hermitic lifestyle and see involvement in the world as a distraction 3) are seen as goofy/eccentric/original.

    You had no problem talking at length about the values question. Compare to @Hamouchou (SLI) who described having trouble with abstract questions like that. You did mention some mundane aspects of your life but you clearly aren't passionate about them in the same way as abstractions.

    I tend to think IEI because you don't seem focused on practicality at all and are more "head in the clouds".

    "Cerebral sensing" is an oxymoron in socionics. It really isn't that complicated, if you're focusing on the contents of your mind as divorced from immediate experience you're using intuition, not sensing.

  10. #3130
    Impermanence para's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Speculative sensation
    Posts
    799
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    You are not SLI.

    You 1) consistently emphasized seeking the deeper meaning of life and reflecting on existence and yourself 2) have a hermitic lifestyle and see involvement in the world as a distraction 3) are seen as goofy/eccentric/original.

    You had no problem talking at length about the values question. Compare to @Hamouchou (SLI) who described having trouble with abstract questions like that. You did mention some mundane aspects of your life but you clearly aren't passionate about them in the same way as abstractions.

    I tend to think IEI because you don't seem focused on practicality at all and are more "head in the clouds".

    "Cerebral sensing" is an oxymoron in socionics. It really isn't that complicated, if you're focusing on the contents of your mind as divorced from immediate experience you're using intuition, not sensing.
    Thank you for the analysis. I'll consider it.
    "Am I butterfly dreaming I'm a man? Or a bowling ball dreaming I'm a plate of sashimi? Never assume what you see and feel is real!"

  11. #3131
    Impermanence para's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Speculative sensation
    Posts
    799
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    What do you think, @Adam Strange? You typed me LII as well.
    "Am I butterfly dreaming I'm a man? Or a bowling ball dreaming I'm a plate of sashimi? Never assume what you see and feel is real!"

  12. #3132
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    367
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi Para,

    I think you are an I and F type, fwiw. Maybe LII just by overall persona.

    SEI, IEI could be possible.

  13. #3133
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    5,315
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by para View Post
    What do you think, @Adam Strange? You typed me LII as well.
    I watched a bit of your video, and you look LII to me.

    That might change upon further listening, but I can't do that right now.

  14. #3134
    Impermanence para's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Speculative sensation
    Posts
    799
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @Adam Strange @Finaplex

    Thank you.
    Seems to be consensus on Introverted type.
    "Am I butterfly dreaming I'm a man? Or a bowling ball dreaming I'm a plate of sashimi? Never assume what you see and feel is real!"

  15. #3135
    FarDraft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    TIM
    ILI sp5
    Posts
    390
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by para View Post
    https://youtu.be/xj5kKkOCJCo

    Putting this up, mainly because i've seen @Kill4Me and @Beautiful sky type categorically, and i would like for them to look at my video.

    I'm going to remove it soon again, as i'm shy and thus uncomfortable with these things, but anyone else who wants to comment are very free to chime in - please be overbearing with my soul-crushing accent.

    I lean towards SLI at the moment. (with ILI as next possibility)
    You look a lot like someone I've met before. I think he was either ILI or LII though I never spoke to him directly. Only heard his comments since he was in a class of mine. I'll give further comments when I watch your video in full.
    ----- FarDraft, 2019

  16. #3136
    Impermanence para's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Speculative sensation
    Posts
    799
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FarDraft View Post
    You look a lot like someone I've met before. I think he was either ILI or LII though I never spoke to him directly. Only heard his comments since he was in a class of mine. I'll give further comments when I watch your video in full.
    Thank you. I'll look forward to it.
    "Am I butterfly dreaming I'm a man? Or a bowling ball dreaming I'm a plate of sashimi? Never assume what you see and feel is real!"

  17. #3137
    FarDraft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    TIM
    ILI sp5
    Posts
    390
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @para

    Impression-based typing has failed me (probably because I'm very new at it). Having watched your video, I don't think you're ILI or LII. Ni is apparent, but I think you're an ethical type. Consider the options. If you were LII, then your phrases would be bounded by structure given that Ti would be your default mode of processing; however, even outside the context of metaphors, your words are often deliberately vague/ambiguous. That makes them more poetic at the cost of comprehensibility by the listener. This isn't a good or bad thing, just something I noticed. I think an Ni demonstrative type would use the vagueness of Ni more strictly i.e. to create analogies or metaphors rather than as a base means of communication like you seem to use it. I think they would use Ni as a tool to further their Ji program - to add ambiguity in situations where precision or firm judgment is not possible. So, I think Ni base is more likely. Some more evidence in support of that regards your relationship with your body. To paraphrase, you say that you are very anxious about typically Si aspects (sleep schedule, food intake, bodily signals). That sounds like Si role to me since Reinin describes the role function as the "zone of fears" function. It's the function that we don't "value" (I put quotations because value here is a little ambiguous - we all love good food, but that doesn't mean we value Si) but still want to maintain according to societal standards. Si role types don't want to deal with Si related things but still feel guilt or anxiety when they neglect it too much - it is in the superego block, after all.

    Some evidence against this: you say that foresight, seeing the best option, etc. have not "captured [you] or been [your] drive". This would be unlikely for an Ni dominant type as Ni would be the central value. However, the value comes more in the form of thinking and imagining these options rather than just using foresight. It's about creating mental imagery with regards to how processes are likely to unfold. Does this sound like you?

    I don't have as good a reason to distinguish between IEI and ILI. You don't seem as disagreeable or negativist as a typical ILI would be, which leans me towards IEI. However, you demonstrate very little Fe in this video, which would point against that. I think your method of communication fits an IEI's better than an ILI's - it's more expressive than it is factual. Moreover, you just "seem" more like an IEI than an ILI, which is an irrational thing to say but one that I think fits nonetheless. Perhaps your main interests could distinguish between Te valuing and Fe valuing. Te valuers pay more attention to finances, factual data, technical subjects, etc. Fe valuers pay more attention to emotions, expression, understanding others, etc. Having one valued means the other is PoLR if you are Ni base, meaning that it can make a big difference.

    The last thing I should say with respect to socionics is that you do give me an EII impression in your video. However, besides the "wanting to be true to yourself" comments (which could also be Fe), I couldn't naturally connect anything you were saying to Fi base, so I don't think it's likely. Some of the stuff you say in the first 5 minutes or so could be connected, but I think it's more Ni than Fi (self-awareness is a subtle thing to talk about with respect to Ni and Fi). I think the impression comes from the fact that EIIs are typically very peaceful, emotionally unexpressive people, and so they present themselves very similarly to type 9s.

    Enneagram-wise, I think you are certainly an ego type (5, 9, or 4). Your tritype could perhaps be all three (my guess is 954), though tritype is debated and so I'll let you determine if you want to use it or not. I don't think 4 is as likely since it's primarily concerned with creating a personal and unique identity, which you didn't really talk about in the values section. My guess is that a 4 would talk much more about that since forming a unique identity is their core motivation.

    Of the two types, I think type 9 is more likely than type 5 since you don't really talk about a fear of incompetence or not having enough knowledge to survive in the outside world (or anything related to that since the chances of talking about those particular things is near 0 unless you're talking about it in an enneagram context). That being said, unless you're a 1 dimensional person, determining core fears and motivations tends to require more information and a lot of self-reflection. However, I think 5w4 and 9wX are likely possibilities (I'm uncertain about the 9 wing).
    ----- FarDraft, 2019

  18. #3138
    Impermanence para's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Speculative sensation
    Posts
    799
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @FarDraft
    Thank you for the comprehensive and thoughtful write-up, it is very considerate of you. (now i feel bad at how sloppy my own was )

    Having watched your video, I don't think you're ILI or LII. Ni is apparent, but I think you're an ethical type. Consider the options. If you were LII, then your phrases would be bounded by structure given that Ti would be your default mode of processing; however, even outside the context of metaphors, your words are often deliberately vague/ambiguous. That makes them more poetic at the cost of comprehensibility by the listener.
    This is something that definitely could be an argument for ethical type. I have a distinct tendency to regard language as something which does not tell truth or exactness by itself, but that it can inspire and create internal situations of importance, so to speak. I regard logical consistency as important, but only if that is a premise that is agreed upon. Language does not have to conform to those 'barriers', if that isn't the ultimate teleology or finality of it. I regard the imagery that language can create in oneself to be of larger importance than a consistency that ultimately says nothing about the world or us. (of course, the structure itself says something about the world, it just does not directly appeal to my personal meaning.)

    To concretely adress what you've written here, i've often been criticised for exactly that - vagueness that is too general, overarching or non-concrete. It seems that, to some and even myself sometimes, i speak, think and write for my own personal unfolding. This seems to fit together with the idea that i wish to imbue imagery or meaning in my communication, and not necessarily strict, factual, logical connections.

    Some evidence against this: you say that foresight, seeing the best option, etc. have not "captured [you] or been [your] drive". This would be unlikely for an Ni dominant type as Ni would be the central value. However, the value comes more in the form of thinking and imagining these options rather than just using foresight. It's about creating mental imagery with regards to how processes are likely to unfold. Does this sound like you?
    I do not directly relate with ''seeing the best option'', although this might just be circumstantial, in that a lack of situations where i can express that ability in a formulaic way. (if i do possess it)

    But, the imagining of processes/states/thoughts in abstract imagery and imagining of various outcomes i can relate to - the things i imagine are often fantastical or not bound to things i might consider (which i think seems more Ne than Ni valuing), but they often come in themes, feelings, nebulousness. I also have a tendency to observe and mold my thoughts and perception to the point where i often fall into doubt whether my thoughts really are 'primordial and inherent' or constructed by my own inevitable understanding of Socionics. (they're both correct)
    I derive great satisfaction and self-strengthening in my imagination, and i imagine it as the core of myself - but this is a facet that all humans possess, i would imagine.

    I don't have as good a reason to distinguish between IEI and ILI. You don't seem as disagreeable or negativist as a typical ILI would be, which leans me towards IEI. However, you demonstrate very little Fe in this video, which would point against that. I think your method of communication fits an IEI's better than an ILI's - it's more expressive than it is factual. Moreover, you just "seem" more like an IEI than an ILI, which is an irrational thing to say but one that I think fits nonetheless. Perhaps your main interests could distinguish between Te valuing and Fe valuing. Te valuers pay more attention to finances, factual data, technical subjects, etc. Fe valuers pay more attention to emotions, expression, understanding others, etc. Having one valued means the other is PoLR if you are Ni base, meaning that it can make a big difference.
    I usually am more factually oriented in communication with others, but internally i am more oriented towards images, sensations, pulses, feelings, thoughts etc.
    I have no real drive to really express and undestand, to be a guidance in the emotional realm to others. So i have thought T type based on not my focus on *logic*, but on my lack of focus on ethics, externally. I have often been criticised for being selfish, criticial, cynical IN prescence of others, but i am much softer, more sage-like alone. I often feel troubled by my communication with others, as if i don't really understand how to act, and i have a distinct disregard for the traditions and ways of the world, something i see more as Fe PoLR than anything else - disregard of the external ethical situation. Where i do feel a responsibility is in moral actions towards others and fairness, although i can't always uphold this ideal - which i've interpreted as low, but valued Fi. How i appear in the video is a lot more like my internal world, since i did not take notice of my problems with communication there - i want to stress still that English is not my mother tounge, so vagueness might also stem from that to a certain extent.

    I do not think i am EII, based on the simple fact that i do not think i am rational. I did type as LII first, though.

    I have not really gotten into enneagram much, so i'll refrain from commenting at the moment. I will take your suggestions into consideration, though.
    I hope this is intelligible, i've written it hastily.
    "Am I butterfly dreaming I'm a man? Or a bowling ball dreaming I'm a plate of sashimi? Never assume what you see and feel is real!"

  19. #3139
    Kill4Me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Posts
    2,243
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sol cognizes morality through Fi/Ne. His response from "what is morality?", as follows:

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    feelings, relations linked with them
    For Fi/Ne confirmation on Sol, see Beautiful Sky's more elaborative reply:

    Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    I had to remind my husband to call his mom this weekend and check up on her to make sure that she was feeling better because she was sick. Morality of relationships operated like this in me “it’s not right to not be concerned for a sick family member, your own mother no less. The right thing to do is to call and see if she’s okay.” So I told the extrovert to call her while I took care of baby. Aspire to humanism
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...orality-to-you

  20. #3140
    Kill4Me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Posts
    2,243
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    This is about as antithetical to Ni-lead cognition as is humanly possible:

    Quote Originally Posted by FarDraft View Post



    As far as I know (I'm in uni too, so take this with a grain of salt), surviving in the real world is about grinding out tasks that you may or may not want to do for some reward, usually financial compensation. That means not screwing around and wasting time. It takes common sense (which ILIs are usually good at) since you have to not be stupid with who you deal with or which tasks you decide to take up (although you often have no choice here). With time and luck, promotions come and a greater reward comes with perhaps greater effort put in.

    I too would like to do something I love (that also makes a lot of money). However, the world often doesn't work like that and to end up doing something that you love often means do a lot of things first. It's too often I see people throw away their lives because they wanted to "do what they love" and they end up hating what they love because they can't survive off it. Don't be stupid with this stuff. Be pragmatic about it and realize what's needed to be done for basic comfort first.
    Fe/Si (^) aptly expresses and reflects mainstream values. Obvious Ni PoLr is obvious.

  21. #3141
    FarDraft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    TIM
    ILI sp5
    Posts
    390
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kill4Me View Post
    This is about as antithetical to Ni-lead cognition as is humanly possible:



    Fe/Si (^) aptly expresses and reflects mainstream values. Obvious Ni PoLr is obvious.
    I said to take it with a grain of salt for a reason. Those aren't my complete thoughts since my analysis of life isn't 9 bloody sentences. And if I'm so wrong, mind explaining, in detail, why I'm wrong? Perhaps you could explain, in detail, why this one piece of data is enough to conclude Ni PoLR? How are these mainstream in the first place? Do you actually think I explained all my thoughts? Is everyone with "mainstream" views Ni PoLR? What are your methods? Explain or none of your comments mean anything to me and anyone else with a brain.

    I asked for justification, not for you to make a fool of yourself. Step up your game. Actually face my challenges for once instead hiding behind the veneer of idiotic comments with no substance. You're supposed to be good at analyzing things, right? So fucking do it.

    EDIT: I should also add that if you want me to take you more seriously, then actually respond to my responses. If you're not willing to engage in a discussion, then I have no reason to listen since you'd just be a close-minded, irrational person. I have no problem with holding my own intellectually. If you want to see if I'm lying about that, then debate me in your responses rather than creating bland over-generalizations and providing nothing of substance.

    EDIT2: To not be a hypocrite, let me add this critique. Let's assume that that post isn't Ni lead cognition, even when that post is completely outside the dominion of evidence that can be used to determine cognition. Then, what type of cognition is it? You claim it's Ni PoLR. That would imply that I lack the ability to accurately manage time and lack the ability to construct the whole picture from the details. If I were poor at time management, then I would not have survived as long as I have (survived I mean actually doing decently and stuff). Given that my parents forced me to undertake a number of extra-curricular activities in high school, not having strong time management skills would have meant that I was under constant stress or continually on the move. But instead I was as languid as I am currently and I never missed a deadline. Moreover, constructing the system from the details is essentially interpolating by creating linear and nonlinear connections. Any sort of problem solving requires such thinking and I think I'm pretty good at problem solving. I should also add that I'm not one to mistime actions. I'm not an impulsive person and so I know when to do things and when not to do them. This was actually a praise from my taekwondo coach since, when sparring, I knew exactly when to move and which attacks were coming.

    I'm bragging too much... perhaps I am a 3...... or maybe I'm just not being asked the right questions to actually reveal my weaknesses...
    Last edited by FarDraft; 04-02-2019 at 02:24 AM.
    ----- FarDraft, 2019

  22. #3142
    Impermanence para's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Speculative sensation
    Posts
    799
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This may be impolite, but...
    Do you have an opinion on my type, @Kill4Me?
    "Am I butterfly dreaming I'm a man? Or a bowling ball dreaming I'm a plate of sashimi? Never assume what you see and feel is real!"

  23. #3143
    Kill4Me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Posts
    2,243
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    New Additions: Oppai Anschluss, Alonzo, Fardraft, VenusRose, lelelewomanwomanwoman, Floozy, Araz

    ILE-Ti: Myst, Transkar, LuchoisLurking, JWC3, MadCity, Troll NR 007, Falsehope
    ILE-Ne: Geneiouws, Lagerdemon, Cubazoan, Nickelslick, Hitta, dangerbird89

    ESE-Fe: Chipsnunderwear, Suz, Inumbra, Subteigh, Kalinoche, FlutteringShyx, Mrrrmaid, Fardraft
    ESE-Si: Mu4, Wacey, Xerx, Esaman, KrigtheViking, Hacim, Little Timmy

    LII-Ti: N0ki/Zap, Muddy, Reactance, User Name, Bertrand
    LII-Ne: Kimuchi/kimu, Zero, Vers, Vesstheastralsilky

    SEI-Si: johannesbloem, chriscorey, the whole English, lelelewomanwomanwoman
    SEI-Fe: BnD, crazedrat, dinky, Neokortex, Pallas Athena, Coeruleum

    SLE-Se: herzy, mercutio/satan, ananke, idontgiveaf
    SLE-Ti: agee, kill4me

    LSI-Se: Spider, Missbabydoll, Pole, Aramas, Karatos
    LSI-Ti: Rocky, Hamouchou

    IEI-Fe: Allie, Pink, SisofNight, Cassandra, Fay, Summer Princess, Xiavay
    IEI-Ni: Starfall/Fox, Glam, Elina, Strrrng, Velvet, Penny Dreadful

    EIE-Fe: Cuivienen, Alonzo
    EIE-Ni: Gilly, Darya, Bain, Sarinana

    SEE-Se: Woofwoofl, Handjob, Number9Large
    SEE-Fi: Lucas, Aquagraph, Chae, Vogue Paris, Totalize, Schwiftyrickity, Niko

    LIE-Ni: Ineffable, Moonraker, Avebury
    LIE-Te: Ashton, FDG, Expat, Invisiblehim, Narc, Anglas

    ESI-Se: DiscoJoe, EJArendee, Jet City Woman, MisterNi, Scarletluxx, Amber/Rosewood, Strangeling, Oppai Anschluss
    ESI-Fi: Lungs, Golden, Ouronis, Radio, Suedehead, Galen, Kore/Persephone, Delilah, the Locust, Saiorse, Hag

    ILI-Ni: Scapegrace, Korpsey, Krieger, Cpig, InvisibleJim, Floozy
    ILI-Te: Marie, Mensupermateriam, Aestrivex, Crispy, Soupman

    SLI-Si: Words, Stray, Scarper, LuminousLynx, Lord Pixel
    SLI-Te: kim, daft punk, directorabbie, pookie, Jessica, may, supremacist, plasmatorpedo1043, Araz

    LSE-Te: Absurd, JimBean, QueenTiger
    LSE-Si: William, JackOliverAaron/Echidna1000, BurningIce, Timmy, Smilingeyes, Laurie’s Crusader, Viktor, Kingslayer

    IEE-Ne: Elizathomason, UDP, Sapphire, Syrup De Gem, Pinoline, Azbestos, Nanashi, VenusRose
    IEE-Fi: Finale, Airman/airborne, Adam Strange, Prince Andrei, Niffer, Eos

    EII-Ne: Aylen, Epheme, Wasp, Tpaduan
    EII-Fi: maritsa/beautiful sky, mikemex, IBTL, contra, sol, suintal/silke, tela/arachne, Olimpia, thehotelambush, Yaaroslav
    Last edited by Kill4Me; 04-02-2019 at 02:52 PM.

  24. #3144
    ooo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    TIM
    eyy
    Posts
    2,704
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    add me pls@Kill4me xoxo

  25. #3145
    user title The Perpetual Now's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    474
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kill4Me View Post
    New Additions: Oppai Anschluss, Alonzo, Fardraft, VenusRose, lelelewomanwomanwoman, Floozy

    ILE-Ti: Myst, Transkar, LuchoisLurking, JWC3, MadCity, Troll NR 007, Falsehope
    ILE-Ne: Geneiouws, Lagerdemon, Cubazoan, Nickelslick, Hitta, dangerbird89

    ESE-Fe: Chipsnunderwear, Suz, Inumbra, Subteigh, Kalinoche, FlutteringShyx, Mrrrmaid, Fardraft
    ESE-Si: Mu4, Wacey, Xerx, Esaman, KrigtheViking, Hacim, Little Timmy

    LII-Ti: N0ki/Zap, Muddy, Reactance, User Name, Bertrand
    LII-Ne: Kimuchi/kimu, Zero, Vers, Vesstheastralsilky

    SEI-Si: johannesbloem, chriscorey, the whole English, lelelewomanwomanwoman
    SEI-Fe: BnD, crazedrat, dinky, Neokortex, Pallas Athena, Coeruleum

    SLE-Se: herzy, mercutio, ananke, idontgiveaf
    SLE-Ti: agee, kill4me

    LSI-Se: Spider, Missbabydoll, Pole, Aramas, Karatos
    LSI-Ti: Rocky, Hamouchou

    IEI-Fe: Allie, Pink, SisofNight, Cassandra, Fay, Summer Princess, Xiavay
    IEI-Ni: Starfall/Fox, Glam, Elina, Strrrng, Velvet, Penny Dreadful

    EIE-Fe: Cuivienen, Alonzo
    EIE-Ni: Gilly, Darya, Bain, Sarinana

    SEE-Se: Woofwoofl, Handjob, Number9Large
    SEE-Fi: Lucas, Aquagraph, Chae, Vogue Paris, Totalize, Schwiftyrickity, Niko

    LIE-Ni: Ineffable, Moonraker, Avebury
    LIE-Te: Ashton, FDG, Expat, Invisiblehim, Narc, Anglas

    ESI-Se: DiscoJoe, EJArendee, Jet City Woman, MisterNi, Scarletluxx, Amber/Rosewood, Strangeling, Oppai Anschluss
    ESI-Fi: Lungs, Golden, Ouronis, Radio, Suedehead, Galen, Kore/Persephone, Delilah, the Locust, Saiorse, Hag

    ILI-Ni: Scapegrace, Korpsey, Krieger, Cpig, InvisibleJim, Floozy
    ILI-Te: Marie, Mensupermateriam, Aestrivex, Crispy, Soupman

    SLI-Si: Words, Stray, Scarper, LuminousLynx, Lord Pixel
    SLI-Te: kim, daft punk, directorabbie, pookie, Jessica, may, supremacist, plasmatorpedo1043

    LSE-Te: Absurd, JimBean, QueenTiger
    LSE-Si: William, JackOliverAaron/Echidna1000, BurningIce, Timmy, Smilingeyes, Laurie’s Crusader, Viktor, Kingslayer

    IEE-Ne: Elizathomason, UDP, Sapphire, Syrup De Gem, Pinoline, Azbestos, Nanashi, VenusRose
    IEE-Fi: Finale, Airman/airborne, Adam Strange, Prince Andrei, Niffer, Eos

    EII-Ne: Aylen, Epheme, Wasp, Tpaduan
    EII-Fi: maritsa/beautiful sky, mikemex, IBTL, contra, sol, suintal/silke, tela/arachne, Olimpia, thehotelambush, Yaaroslav
    add me

  26. #3146
    FarDraft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    TIM
    ILI sp5
    Posts
    390
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kill4Me View Post
    New Additions: Oppai Anschluss, Alonzo, Fardraft, VenusRose, lelelewomanwomanwoman, Floozy, Araz

    ILE-Ti: Myst, Transkar, LuchoisLurking, JWC3, MadCity, Troll NR 007, Falsehope
    ILE-Ne: Geneiouws, Lagerdemon, Cubazoan, Nickelslick, Hitta, dangerbird89

    ESE-Fe: Chipsnunderwear, Suz, Inumbra, Subteigh, Kalinoche, FlutteringShyx, Mrrrmaid, Fardraft
    ESE-Si: Mu4, Wacey, Xerx, Esaman, KrigtheViking, Hacim, Little Timmy

    LII-Ti: N0ki/Zap, Muddy, Reactance, User Name, Bertrand
    LII-Ne: Kimuchi/kimu, Zero, Vers, Vesstheastralsilky

    SEI-Si: johannesbloem, chriscorey, the whole English, lelelewomanwomanwoman
    SEI-Fe: BnD, crazedrat, dinky, Neokortex, Pallas Athena, Coeruleum

    SLE-Se: herzy, mercutio, ananke, idontgiveaf
    SLE-Ti: agee, kill4me

    LSI-Se: Spider, Missbabydoll, Pole, Aramas, Karatos
    LSI-Ti: Rocky, Hamouchou

    IEI-Fe: Allie, Pink, SisofNight, Cassandra, Fay, Summer Princess, Xiavay
    IEI-Ni: Starfall/Fox, Glam, Elina, Strrrng, Velvet, Penny Dreadful

    EIE-Fe: Cuivienen, Alonzo
    EIE-Ni: Gilly, Darya, Bain, Sarinana

    SEE-Se: Woofwoofl, Handjob, Number9Large
    SEE-Fi: Lucas, Aquagraph, Chae, Vogue Paris, Totalize, Schwiftyrickity, Niko

    LIE-Ni: Ineffable, Moonraker, Avebury
    LIE-Te: Ashton, FDG, Expat, Invisiblehim, Narc, Anglas

    ESI-Se: DiscoJoe, EJArendee, Jet City Woman, MisterNi, Scarletluxx, Amber/Rosewood, Strangeling, Oppai Anschluss
    ESI-Fi: Lungs, Golden, Ouronis, Radio, Suedehead, Galen, Kore/Persephone, Delilah, the Locust, Saiorse, Hag

    ILI-Ni: Scapegrace, Korpsey, Krieger, Cpig, InvisibleJim, Floozy
    ILI-Te: Marie, Mensupermateriam, Aestrivex, Crispy, Soupman

    SLI-Si: Words, Stray, Scarper, LuminousLynx, Lord Pixel
    SLI-Te: kim, daft punk, directorabbie, pookie, Jessica, may, supremacist, plasmatorpedo1043, Araz

    LSE-Te: Absurd, JimBean, QueenTiger
    LSE-Si: William, JackOliverAaron/Echidna1000, BurningIce, Timmy, Smilingeyes, Laurie’s Crusader, Viktor, Kingslayer

    IEE-Ne: Elizathomason, UDP, Sapphire, Syrup De Gem, Pinoline, Azbestos, Nanashi, VenusRose
    IEE-Fi: Finale, Airman/airborne, Adam Strange, Prince Andrei, Niffer, Eos

    EII-Ne: Aylen, Epheme, Wasp, Tpaduan
    EII-Fi: maritsa/beautiful sky, mikemex, IBTL, contra, sol, suintal/silke, tela/arachne, Olimpia, thehotelambush, Yaaroslav

    So you've catalogued your closemindedness and unjustified, baseless typings in history, eh? One can only hope people can think for themselves at this point.
    ----- FarDraft, 2019

  27. #3147
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    367
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    SLE, they can’t see hidden factors. Only what is shown.

  28. #3148
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,804
    Mentioned
    874 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

    Default

    The special snowflake kind of SLE who understands introverted feeling so well that they spend years evaluating it (and its position and value) plus the inner motivations, hopes, dreams and fears of forum members and celebs (2500+). Sounds legit.

    I haven't met one of those irl.

    My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.​ C.G. Jung

     



  29. #3149
    Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Second story
    TIM
    EIE
    Posts
    3,698
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FarDraft View Post
    I said to take it with a grain of salt for a reason. Those aren't my complete thoughts since my analysis of life isn't 9 bloody sentences. And if I'm so wrong, mind explaining, in detail, why I'm wrong? Perhaps you could explain, in detail, why this one piece of data is enough to conclude Ni PoLR? How are these mainstream in the first place? Do you actually think I explained all my thoughts? Is everyone with "mainstream" views Ni PoLR? What are your methods? Explain or none of your comments mean anything to me and anyone else with a brain.

    I asked for justification, not for you to make a fool of yourself. Step up your game. Actually face my challenges for once instead hiding behind the veneer of idiotic comments with no substance. You're supposed to be good at analyzing things, right? So fucking do it.

    EDIT: I should also add that if you want me to take you more seriously, then actually respond to my responses. If you're not willing to engage in a discussion, then I have no reason to listen since you'd just be a close-minded, irrational person. I have no problem with holding my own intellectually. If you want to see if I'm lying about that, then debate me in your responses rather than creating bland over-generalizations and providing nothing of substance.

    EDIT2: To not be a hypocrite, let me add this critique. Let's assume that that post isn't Ni lead cognition, even when that post is completely outside the dominion of evidence that can be used to determine cognition. Then, what type of cognition is it? You claim it's Ni PoLR. That would imply that I lack the ability to accurately manage time and lack the ability to construct the whole picture from the details. If I were poor at time management, then I would not have survived as long as I have (survived I mean actually doing decently and stuff). Given that my parents forced me to undertake a number of extra-curricular activities in high school, not having strong time management skills would have meant that I was under constant stress or continually on the move. But instead I was as languid as I am currently and I never missed a deadline. Moreover, constructing the system from the details is essentially interpolating by creating linear and nonlinear connections. Any sort of problem solving requires such thinking and I think I'm pretty good at problem solving. I should also add that I'm not one to mistime actions. I'm not an impulsive person and so I know when to do things and when not to do them. This was actually a praise from my taekwondo coach since, when sparring, I knew exactly when to move and which attacks were coming.

    I'm bragging too much... perhaps I am a 3...... or maybe I'm just not being asked the right questions to actually reveal my weaknesses...
    What’s wrong with it—or what’s short-sighted in it—is you are not going to magically end up doing what you love by doing what you do not love.

    If someone manages to find a passion in this age of indifference, they should pursue it. Whether they make it their paid work or not is a separate question, but I also don’t agree that work has to be “grinding” torture day upon year unless that is the masochism someone is into.
    LSI: I still cant figure out Pinterest.

    Me: Its just, like, idea boards.

    LSI: I dont have ideas.

  30. #3150
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    367
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    The special snowflake kind of SLE who understands introverted feeling so well that they spend years evaluating it (and its position and value) plus the inner motivations, hopes, dreams and fears of forum members and celebs (2500+). Sounds legit.

    I haven't met one of those irl.
    Hmm, maybe its just really strong Ti, and its so visual with all the pictures so outside sensing is fine there. His assesment of Hotel was weird: why wouldn’t an intelligent Ti type cast a wide net by asking questions in the Questionaire that would capture inner ethical types? Like, that doesn’t make the asker that type themselves, that makes them clever. Duh.

  31. #3151
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,804
    Mentioned
    874 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Finaplex View Post
    Hmm, maybe its just really strong Ti, and its so visual with all the pictures so outside sensing is fine there. His assesment of Hotel was weird: why wouldn’t an intelligent Ti type cast a wide net by asking questions in the Questionaire that would capture inner ethical types? Like, that doesn’t make the asker that type themselves, that makes them clever.
    Or maybe he is Ti polr... hard to say from his forum presence. I may say more about this later. I will think about it and get back to you.

    If you do see a case for strong Ti then I think it is worth considering LxI too. Maybe LSE or SLI as well since they have strong Se too.

    *it isn't visual with everyone since he has not seen me except for a blurry childhood pic. I don't know how many he has seen from the forum that made it to his list. Maybe about half of them. You are on his list too so do you agree with his typing of you?

    My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.​ C.G. Jung

     



  32. #3152
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    367
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Or maybe he is Ti polr... hard to say from his forum presence. I may say more about this later. I will think about it and get back to you.

    If you do see a case for strong Ti then I think it is worth considering LxI or too. Maybe LSE or SLI as well since they have strong Se as well.
    Yeah Se doesn’t translate well into the online world without looking edge lordy. We’ve all seen the none Se types make lots of tough guy claims over the years.

    Se is a kind of intuitive perception of reality at its core. Not intellectual in the least, although it could be. Its pure perception.

    K4 does pick out lots of SLE celebrities, so that’s pretty accurate.

    His own systems of relations is very well developed. And it seems like creative use, so very fluid in approuch and not dogmatic, just as you would expect for creative use of a IE.

  33. #3153
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,804
    Mentioned
    874 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Finaplex View Post
    Yeah Se doesn’t translate well into the online world without looking edge lordy. We’ve all seen the none Se types make lots of tough guy claims over the years.

    Se is a kind of intuitive perception of reality at its core. Not intellectual in the least, although it could be. Its pure perception.

    K4 does pick out lots of SLE celebrities, so that’s pretty accurate.
    He does post a lot of STs some of which are SLE. I think he admires them on some level. I never asked if he does. It is an assumption. I know two guys he has said he admires. Gene Simmons of KISS and Frank Sinatra. I think they are role models. I have seen a lot of weak Se males do the edgelord thing on various forums. Then I see them on video and they are soft as a baby's bottom. It is such a huge difference between their online persona and video presence it should be shocking but it no longer is so I am skeptical of tryhards.

    My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.​ C.G. Jung

     



  34. #3154
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,804
    Mentioned
    874 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    What’s wrong with it—or what’s short-sighted in it—is you are not going to magically end up doing what you love by doing what you do not love.

    If someone manages to find a passion in this age of indifference, they should pursue it. Whether they make it their paid work or not is a separate question, but I also don’t agree that work has to be “grinding” torture day upon year unless that is the masochism someone is into.
    I think sometimes you have to do what you don't "love" as a stepping stone to what you do love. He is 17. I agree you can do what you love whether paid for it or not. I used a couple jobs as stepping stones to get me to where I am now. I didn't want to have to work a job after I turned 30 and I made that happen. Actually my parents made me work as soon as I was legally able to. My siblings and I all had part time jobs as soon as we were able to. We didn't love it but we understood it. Now I do what I love and get paid for it when I want to do it. I can also turn projects down without worry.

    My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.​ C.G. Jung

     



  35. #3155
    FarDraft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    TIM
    ILI sp5
    Posts
    390
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    What’s wrong with it—or what’s short-sighted in it—is you are not going to magically end up doing what you love by doing what you do not love.

    If someone manages to find a passion in this age of indifference, they should pursue it. Whether they make it their paid work or not is a separate question, but I also don’t agree that work has to be “grinding” torture day upon year unless that is the masochism someone is into.
    I wasn't suggesting that you will magically end up doing what you love by doing what you don't love. I was suggesting that, oftentimes, doing what you love is not profitable and having the funds to be able to do what you love with comfort often requires taking up different jobs that are unrelated to your field of passion. I never said that you shouldn't pursue your hobby. I said that the likelihood of making money off your passion is minimal since the probability of your passion also being a field that's in high economic demand is small. This mostly pertains to people with hobbies in artistic fields that have never been incredibly profitable for the masses. Basically, having the passion to do something doesn't necessarily mean that you should pursue it as a career.

    For example, according to dataUSA, in 2016, the average salary for a male musician/singer etc. is $44963 and for a female is $21805 (https://datausa.io/profile/soc/272040/). Moreover, the bureau of labour statistics shows that the states with highest employment level for musicians are New York (7640), California (6770), Tennessee (2140), Florida (1700), and Illinois (1610), with New York and California both being in the top 5 states with the highest cost of living (https://www.fool.com/slideshow/15-st...ving/?slide=15). Moreover, something like music is often a very unstable career since your work is often gig-by-gig, meaning that to thrive you need to have an entrepreneurial spirit. This is something that many do not have and it cannot be taken for granted. Also, in comparison to other careers, music is never in incredibly high demand since the arts are always specialized. Only a select few people want to enjoy a specific form of art, meaning that the growth rate within the country music market, for example, isn't likely to be high or, more importantly, predictable since trends within this industry are highly variable.

    I don't say this to discourage people from pursuing music. In fact, pursuing these types of fields as a hobby should be encouraged since it diversifies interests in an age of indifference, like you noted. However, economic instability is often a cause of familial instability since if you're constantly under the stress of making your next pay-check, your mental health deteriorates. That being said, there are consequences in the rabid pursuit of wealth as well. Child neglect or stress due to competition is a real problem. The solution lies in balance and understanding how to manage career, personal satisfaction, and familial stability. This article is an interesting read relating to these topics. https://www.prb.org/family-instabili...omic-mobility/

    I will agree that "grinding" was a poor choice of word there since it evokes powerful imagery that may not be equivalent to what I had in mind. When I wrote that, I was thinking about the physical intensity of blue collar work and the often monotonous "grind" of white-collar work. We do have to consider the future, though. While I haven't researched this thoroughly, automation is likely to reduce blue collar work significantly over the next few years. Moreover, artistic work can be emulated quite well by AI to where the differences between it and human-made art is difficult to notice. This means that, in the future, jobs relating to artistic passions are likely to decline. Again, this isn't to discourage people from pursuing art but rather to take into consideration the situation the world is in and how it can affect you in the short and long run.
    ----- FarDraft, 2019

  36. #3156
    Humanist Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    24,594
    Mentioned
    592 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    The special snowflake kind of SLE who understands introverted feeling so well that they spend years evaluating it (and its position and value) plus the inner motivations, hopes, dreams and fears of forum members and celebs (2500+). Sounds legit.

    I haven't met one of those irl.
    Sophisticated cynicism

    IEI confirmed final final
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.
    Tritype 1-2-6 stacking sp/sx


    I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

    Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

  37. #3157
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,804
    Mentioned
    874 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    Sophisticated cynicism

    IEI confirmed final final
    Hey I like that term, "sophisticated cynicism". I am going to borrow it at some point. lol

    I think it is some skepticism > cynicism in general. If I had to give it an ism.

    My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.​ C.G. Jung

     



  38. #3158
    Humanist Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    24,594
    Mentioned
    592 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Hey I like that term, "sophisticated cynicism". I am going to borrow it at some point. lol
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.
    Tritype 1-2-6 stacking sp/sx


    I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

    Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

  39. #3159
    Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Second story
    TIM
    EIE
    Posts
    3,698
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    I think sometimes you have to do what you don't "love" as a stepping stone to what you do love. He is 17. I agree you can do what you love whether paid for it or not. I used a couple jobs as stepping stones to get me to where I am now. I didn't want to have to work a job after I turned 30 and I made that happen. Actually my parents made me work as soon as I was legally able to. My siblings and I all had part time jobs as soon as we were able to. We didn't love it but we understood it. Now I do what I love and get paid for it when I want to do it. I can also turn projects down without worry.
    Sure, if this is about developing a work ethic, I am on board, but then I prefer to just use that term.
    LSI: I still cant figure out Pinterest.

    Me: Its just, like, idea boards.

    LSI: I dont have ideas.

  40. #3160
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    367
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    I think sometimes you have to do what you don't "love" as a stepping stone to what you do love. He is 17. I agree you can do what you love whether paid for it or not. I used a couple jobs as stepping stones to get me to where I am now. I didn't want to have to work a job after I turned 30 and I made that happen. Actually my parents made me work as soon as I was legally able to. My siblings and I all had part time jobs as soon as we were able to. We didn't love it but we understood it. Now I do what I love and get paid for it when I want to do it. I can also turn projects down without worry.
    Very cool.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •