Thread: Your typing of forum members

a two horned unicorn renegade Heretic 007's Avatar
    TIM
    ILE-C-I
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think once you experience true supervision then there is no coming back (and your status is below of supervisor). It comes out from nowhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Groucho Marx
    I don’t care to belong to any club that will have me as a member.

Due to Fi PoLR do not send PM's, please. 50/50 likelihood to get a reply if I'm going to even read your messages. Let's keep things public.

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    I think once you experience true supervision then there is no coming back (and your status is below of supervisor). It comes out from nowhere.
    I don't think most people know what supervision is. It's often not necessarily constant critique and damage. It's waking up one day to find you've been deceived for a long time and all your shit is already fucked/ruined/gone.

The good part is that the supervisor often entrusts certain resources to the supervisee, thinking they'll never really come to an understanding of what the supervisor has done to them. The supervisee can then use those resources in a gambit for vengeance.

The supervisee can have a lot of power over the supervisor. That power is in the id, though. Supervisee can tell supervisor, "You know that DS shit you depend on? Kiss that shit goodbye."

This is why supervisor eventually gives way to supervisee. The supervisor can hit the superego, but the supervisee can undermine the core of the supervisor's psyche.
    Last edited by Aramas; 12-06-2018 at 10:26 PM.

TIM
    ILE-C-I
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Supervision is an attack from similar kind of person constantly to a PoLR while others might have great difficulties seeing it. It is subtle but it gets you every time.

Due to Fi PoLR do not send PM's, please. 50/50 likelihood to get a reply if I'm going to even read your messages. Let's keep things public.

Mentioned
    953 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    Supervision is an attack
    it's care, but not attack. the task is to improve, but not to kill

touchy F types...
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    touchy F types...
    You don't deserve F types

Mentioned
    953 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

There Rose have added arguments for her F type. And more basis to suppose Fe for her.

I do not understand what F types want from the typology more. To play in types and intrigues or to get the truth and reasonable argumentation to types related.
    I can't even to assign this to Fe types only, with their the lack of interest in objective reality. As I saw the similar from ESI, for example - the strong negative emotions on thinking her other type than she thought herself. F types tend to have too emotional links with own opinions and so react by emotions when those opinions get the opposing. Se valued and Fe valued types - should to have it as more expressed. Also sometimes people choose "comfortable" types for themselves, alike to fit to good IR with someones and to bad IR with others - this play with the reality is more expected from F types too, which easier fool themselves and tend to follow to emotional reasons for opinions.

The only hope, - F type or not, - after some time the reason and some thinking should lead to adequate reality perceptions, as observations will make noticable more of contradictions with incorrect opinions. Or to stop using of the types theory and rejecting of the typology, in case the reality is chosen to stay below emotions in types related.

Fe tend to drama. *sigh*

In her art preferences are _many_ pictures of violence, death, victimish fantasies - much more common for Se valued. Pinterest is from her signature.

@Venus Rose
    It's not constructive to run away from the reality and such to feel offenced on the truth about it. Your emotions will be better when you'll organise the reality to better way, but not when will keep tring to live in sweet dreams. When people become adults - they understand this more and more, what makes them more responsible.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    You don't deserve F types
    I was not bad enough in the previous lifes so was given base T.
    Last edited by Sol; 12-28-2018 at 11:05 PM.
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

There Rose have added arguments for her F type. And more basis to suppose Fe for her.

I do not understand what F types want from the typology more. To play in types and intrigues or to get the truth and reasonable argumentation to types related.
    I can't even to assign this to Fe types only, with their the lack of interest in objective reality. As I saw the similar from ESI, for example - the strong negative emotions on thinking her other type than she thought herself. F types tend to have too emotional links with own opinions and so react by emotions when those opinions get the opposing. Se valued and Fe valued types - should to have it as more expressed. Also sometimes people choose "comfortable" types for themselves, alike to fit to good IR with someones and to bad IR with others - this play with the reality is more expected from F types too, which easier fool themselves and tend to follow to emotional reasons for opinions.

The only hope, - F type or not, - after some time the reason and some thinking should lead to adequate reality perceptions, as observations will make noticable more of contradictions with incorrect opinions. Or to stop using of the types theory and rejecting of the typology, in case the reality is chosen to stay below emotions in types related.

Fe tend to drama. *sigh*

@Venus Rose
    It's not constructive to run away from the reality and such to feel offenced on the truth about it. Your emotions will be better when you'll organise the reality to better way, but not when will keep tring to live in sweet dreams. When people become adults - they understand this more and more, what makes them more responsible.

When people ask you to stop coming at them with unwanted typing advice and you relentlessly seek them out across the forum anyways, why would they have any reason to stay? Your opinion as a "T type" can be just as biased as others, and I would say more so because of how incredibly set in your ways you are regarding socionics.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chakram View Post
    When people ask you to stop coming at them with unwanted typing advice and you relentlessly seek them out across the forum anyways, why would they have any reason to stay? Your opinion as a "T type" can be just as biased as others, and I would say more so because of how incredibly set in your ways you are regarding socionics.
    Correct. Just calling yourself a T-type and writing in a matter of fact manner, doesn't mean you are always correct, or more logical. It doesn't win you the argument.

TIM
    INxJ Hybrid
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah but I think @Sol has been at this longer than the average user and has a LOT of collected data and experiences to share. I can understand where he's coming from in that regard. And it can be very frustrating for an experienced typist to share their views among relative newbies who do not understand how convoluted socionics really is, to come along simple minded and just disregard the hard work and experience of others who ultimately are only trying to help and preserve the integrity of their accumulated knowledge before yet more error creeps in and easily deludes the masses.
    ~* astralsilky

4w5 that morphed into a 3w2 sx/sp
    Cancer Sun, Cancer/Leo Moon, Libra Ascendant, Pluto conjunct Ascendant, Sun conjunct Moon, Saturn conjunct Mercury conjunct MC in 10th, Jupiter handle of bucket pattern squares Nodes, Uranus biquintile Jupiter, Neptune sextile Ascendant, Lilith trine Ascendant, Venus in Gemini/Cancer in 9th house conjunct MC, Venus trine Uranus, Uranus conjunct Spica, Ascendant conjunct SuperGalactic Center, Sun inconjunct Galactic Center.

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vesstheastralsilky View Post
    Yeah but I think @Sol has been at this longer than the average user and has a LOT of collected data and experiences to share. I can understand where he's coming from in that regard. And it can be very frustrating for an experienced typist to share their views among relative newbies who do not understand how convoluted socionics really is, to come along simple minded and just disregard the hard work and experience of others who ultimately are only trying to help and preserve the integrity of their accumulated knowledge before yet more error creeps in and easily deludes the masses.
    There’s no way to confirm that those experiences are meaningful, and on the surface most of Sol’s typings are obviously retarded, even ignoring his annoying approach.

TIM
    INxJ Hybrid
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    There’s no way to confirm that those experiences are meaningful, and on the surface most of Sol’s typings are obviously retarded, even ignoring his annoying approach.
    His ideas on types tend to be more accurate than most here or at least on track and I don't know how long he's been at this but I have been for almost 20 years. Experience is worth something. My typical reaction to a lot of typings on here is that they are thinking too shallow yet and are typing way out in left field. But it is a learning process and everyone needs grace to learn and be willing to consider other views even if not accepting them ultimately.
    ~* astralsilky

Cancer Sun, Cancer/Leo Moon, Libra Ascendant, Pluto conjunct Ascendant, Sun conjunct Moon, Saturn conjunct Mercury conjunct MC in 10th, Jupiter handle of bucket pattern squares Nodes, Uranus biquintile Jupiter, Neptune sextile Ascendant, Lilith trine Ascendant, Venus in Gemini/Cancer in 9th house conjunct MC, Venus trine Uranus, Uranus conjunct Spica, Ascendant conjunct SuperGalactic Center, Sun inconjunct Galactic Center.

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His ideas on types tend to be more accurate than most here or at least on track and I don't know how long he's been at this but I have been for almost 20 years. Experience is worth something.
    Get back to me when you’ve found one other person on this entire forum, besides Sol himself of course, who agrees with you on that.

TIM
    INxJ Hybrid
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get back to me when you’ve found one other person on this entire forum, besides Sol himself of course, who agrees with you on that.
    It ultimately doesn't matter who agrees. Truth is not subject to popular opinion to remain truth.
    ~* astralsilky

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It ultimately doesn't matter who agrees. Truth is not subject to popular opinion to remain truth.
    Yeah it only matters if you think it’s true or not lol.

So you think his type ideas are better than average. Are you aware that he types me IEI?

TIM
    INxJ Hybrid
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah it only matters if you think it’s true or not lol.

So you think his type ideas are better than average. Are you aware that he types me IEI?
    Hmmm I did not know but I will be alert to this from here on out in my evaluations. How do you type yourself again?? SLE? Hmm.
    ~* astralsilky

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm I did not know but I will be alert to this from here on out in my evaluations. How do you type yourself again?? SLE? Hmm.
    Yeah just pay attention lol. We all have lots of wonderful *experience* with Sol here... maybe keep an open mind.

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While we’re on this topic I’ve always typed Sol LSE. I find his typology ideas and general insights to be decent actually but he can’t apply them at all almost when trying to type people over the internet. I ascribe this to horrible theory of mind as a result of Ni polr. That’s probably also why he always insists on seeing videos of people. He’s typed himself correctly (IMO) and decisively though, which is more than many on here can say.

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His ideas on types tend to be more accurate than most here or at least on track .
    Yeah, I agree that at least his understanding of the IMs is better than most people's here.

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Such a shame he always contorts them into idiotic typings for people.

TIM
    INxJ Hybrid
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah just pay attention lol. We all have lots of wonderful *experience* with Sol here... maybe keep an open mind.
    Yeah I see it ;O)

I don't get riled up about it in reaction as some seem to though.
    ~* astralsilky

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

While we’re on this topic I’ve always typed Sol LSE. I find his typology ideas and general insights to be decent actually but he can’t apply them at all almost when trying to type people over the internet. I ascribe this to horrible theory of mind as a result of Ni polr. That’s probably also why he always insists on seeing videos of people. He’s typed himself correctly (IMO) and decisively though, which is more than many on here can say.
    I think most people here are likely intuitives, especially since this is a very obscure field of study. Sensors that hang out for years on an esoteric typology forum? Not likely. I think LII is more likely, a very LSEish LII.

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nebula View Post
    I think most people here are likely intuitives, especially since this is a very obscure field of study. Sensors that hang out for years on an esoteric typology forum? Not likely. I think LII is more likely, a very LSEish LII.
    Is there some reason you’re quoting my post?

And am I ILE to you then? I’ve been into typology since 2006. Type me Nebula.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm not trying to throw dirt on Sols understanding of socionics or anything like that, I think he can be very accurate a decent amount of the time, and sometimes biased, like anyone. Going out of your way to continually throw your opinion at someone doesn't seem to be an effective way of getting them, or others, to take your opinion seriously, and it also reflects poorly on the forum imo.

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he can be very accurate a decent amount of the time, and sometimes biased, like anyone.
    It seems more like he goes against people’s self-typings almost every single time though. That’s much more often than most on here.

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This and other recent posts makes me think you're confusing socionics for MBTI. Those things are probably true in MBTI, and it's how they type people. In that system it seems like if you think and like learning, have a brain, have creativity or ever talk about things beyond the immediate physical world you're automatically an intuitive. If you're sort of retarded and simple-minded you're a sensor.

It doesn't work like that in socionics though, "sensors" can actually think and have interests and create and use imagination and have minds too. Look at the different approaches people take to how they learn about things though -- that's where you can start seeing different IEs show up. The empirical approach tends to be Te, the systematic approach Ti, so on and whatever.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It seems more like he goes against people’s self-typings almost every single time though. That’s much more often than most on here.
    A firmer opinion than most perhaps, which makes it seem like that.

Are there any updated @Sol typing lists on here?

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A firmer opinion than most perhaps, which makes it seem like that.

Are there any updated @Sol typing lists on here?
    Nope, it doesn’t just “seem” like that. Follow his posts where he addresses people and he almost never uses people’s self-typings.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    This and other recent posts makes me think you're confusing socionics for MBTI. Those things are probably true in MBTI, and it's how they type people. In that system it seems like if you think and like learning, have a brain, have creativity or ever talk about things beyond the immediate physical world you're automatically an intuitive. If you're sort of retarded and simple-minded you're a sensor.

It doesn't work like that in socionics though, "sensors" can actually think and have interests and create and use imagination and have minds too. Look at the different approaches people take to how they learn about things though -- that's where you can start seeing different IEs show up. The empirical approach tends to be Te, the systematic approach Ti, so on and whatever.
    Not saying they can't, just not as likely, looking at the larger picture. Intuitives do correlate with openness to experience. Being interested in something like this is similar to being interested in philosophy, which is far too removed from the more practical concerns of most people. You would most likely, although not necessarily, have to be rather open to be receptive to this stuff in the first place.Being intuitive is just a different way of thinking. It has its advantages and disadvantages.

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post

Please. Everybody knows that while sensors can use computer mice adeptly, they can’t read or likely use anything above the brain stem.

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not saying they can't, just not as likely, looking at the larger picture. Intuitives do correlate with openness to experience. Being interested in something like this is similar to being interested in philosophy, which is far too removed from the more practical concerns of most people. You would most likely, although not necessarily, have to be rather open to be receptive to this stuff in the first place.Being intuitive is just a different way of thinking. It has its advantages and disadvantages.
    No. In Socionics, sensors seek out intuitive super-id (and super-ego) information.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Fe tend to drama. *sigh*

@Venus Rose

One of the weaknesses of LSEs is that they can be overbearing at times unintentionally especially if they mean well. Unfortunately, it comes across as too strong a lot of the time. Self aware LSEs know they can come on too strong and try to dial it back as much as possible. At this point, you've offended a good amount of EIIs or let's pretend that they aren't EII like you claim, which shouldn't matter anyways.

If numerous people are having a problem with you then isn't it safe to say that you are the problem and not them? If that's the case then perhaps it's time for some self-reflection so you can grow. Or you can choose to ignore or be offended by this and continue on with your bad habits, but that's at your detriment in the end. I only say this to you now because it's a recurring pattern instead of just a one off.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tfw Raver masterfully weaves an argument for Sol’s typing and gently chiding his behaviour into one post.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

No. In Socionics, sensors seek out intuitive super-id (and super-ego) information.
    What do intuitives seek out?

Only in socionics is up called down and down called up.

TIM
    EIE 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Type me you fools, you cruel bitches.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Please. Everybody knows that while sensors can use computer mice adeptly, they can’t read or likely use anything above the brain stem.
    All humans have abstract thinking capabilities, unless mentally retarded. Those that excell at and/or constantly interested in the abstract, above average, are intuitive. "Sensors" are on the low side of abstraction. These are people who by definition aren't interested in ideas. It is gradation though, not black and white. There are people who are neither sensor or intuitive, but a mix of the two. Ne dominants are defined by their love of ideas(more than any other type) making the polar opposite(an S type) by definition not interested. Those types of people exist and they are the sensiest of sensors. It is not a good or bad issue.

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do intuitives seek out?

Only in socionics is up called down and down called up.
    Sensing.

There’s a difference between tendencies towards natural strengths, and having an interest in something. Thinking sensing types are typically uninterested in intuitive activities and intuitives are typically uninterested in sensing activities is an ancient song bellowed out by the great whales from the lost sea of MBTI-land.

This is a discussion forum, not a pro psychologist training centre.

TIM
    ILE-C-I
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

In socionics types tend to automatically generate their own ego stuff, I think. It tends to be so that Ne egos for example tend to just talk about stuff without tangible basis. When it continues too long they notice that the meta information goes nowhere while they can keep track of the information comfortably which leads to frustration.

Hydraulic presses do not interact ApeironStella's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-Ne 9w1 972 sp/so
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interestingly enough, my IEI friend and EII friend are a lot more interested in real-life focused mysteries/tragedies/drama stuff (EII friend reads a lot on real life tragic life stories of artists/composers/writers etc while IEI friend is really into acting), my SEI friend is a lot more into fictional and "weirder" things (and recently got into anime and she is currently watching a lot more anime than I do nowadays, as it is all new and interesting for her), while ESI friend is the one who is into astrology and low key always follows when some planet is retrograding, and also into anime.

My LSI mother often goes for series where she sees something that has roots in real life, but with some sort of conspiracy-esque backdrop to it (Ie. Person of Interest is one of her favourite TV series that I've seen her watch countless times and recently she was reading a book on history of religions, saying that it is something she prefers to digest properly than try going for in one sitting) as well as tends to have dreams where she sees dead people she was close to giving her warnings/saying something to celebrate is coming soon with some major thing often happening afterwards.

That is not to say they aren't interested in/good at and naturally follow their ego function habits and talents, but simply that it is really downplayed even in Socionics in favour of going "You just need a Dual!" than actually acknowledging that many people, do try to provide their own HA and DS functions, or to find a supply of them from somewhere else, so that just because it is not a natural strength doesn't equate to a complete natural disinterest so much as how much energy you have to devote to such things and ways you can do it being limited.

Which also bring me to whole "such theories are dominated by intuitives (and thinkers)" thing, which actually has some truth in it because the area they suck at has to do with sensing (and feelings/ethics/relationships) so that's actually the intuitives (and thinkers) trying to reach to their weakspot/trying to learn cover it/how to get better into touch by it via what they are already adept at, just like it is for other types, which again brings us to interest does not always equate strength, and in fact, can be just as often reverse too, sensors (and feelers, to not have them left out as well) are looking for the abstract/philosophical/wide-picture (thinking/categorization/systematization/profit) such theories/abstract things can provide that is lacking in their life as well. So while probably still isn't perfect 50/50, it probably isn't as extremely skewed towards one side.

That's what I got, at least.

As a side note, my crack theory on whole "subtype" matter is that it simply tells if someone simply focused more honing on their natural ego talents or if at some point pushed themselves to try to develop in their weaker areas/had been pushed by life to have to figure out how to operate that basically other realm they suck at to some passing level of competence, by trial and error as at the end of the day those are 2D and 1D functions, learning from experience (and social norms on the matter, for 2D)

...Why?
    "...Good morning, Teacher."
    Why did his eyes look so sad?

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ApeironStella View Post
    Interestingly enough, my IEI friend and EII friend are a lot more interested in real-life focused mysteries/tragedies/drama stuff (EII friend reads a lot on real life tragic life stories of artists/composers/writers etc while IEI friend is really into acting), my SEI friend is a lot more into fictional and "weirder" things (and recently got into anime and she is currently watching a lot more anime than I do nowadays, as it is all new and interesting for her), while ESI friend is the one who is into astrology and low key always follows when some planet is retrograding, and also into anime.

My LSI mother often goes for series where she sees something that has roots in real life, but with some sort of conspiracy-esque backdrop to it (Ie. Person of Interest is one of her favourite TV series that I've seen her watch countless times and recently she was reading a book on history of religions, saying that it is something she prefers to digest properly than try going for in one sitting) as well as tends to have dreams where she sees dead people she was close to giving her warnings/saying something to celebrate is coming soon with some major thing often happening afterwards.

That is not to say they aren't interested in/good at and naturally follow their ego function habits and talents, but simply that it is really downplayed even in Socionics in favour of going "You just need a Dual!" than actually acknowledging that many people, do try to provide their own HA and DS functions, or to find a supply of them from somewhere else, so that just because it is not a natural strength doesn't equate to a complete natural disinterest so much as how much energy you have to devote to such things and ways you can do it being limited.

Which also bring me to whole "such theories are dominated by intuitives (and thinkers)" thing, which actually has some truth in it because the area they suck at has to do with sensing (and feelings/ethics/relationships) so that's actually the intuitives (and thinkers) trying to reach to their weakspot/trying to learn cover it/how to get better into touch by it via what they are already adept at, just like it is for other types, which again brings us to interest does not always equate strength, and in fact, can be just as often reverse too, sensors (and feelers, to not have them left out as well) are looking for the abstract/philosophical/wide-picture (thinking/categorization/systematization/profit) such theories/abstract things can provide that is lacking in their life as well. So while probably still isn't perfect 50/50, it probably isn't as extremely skewed towards one side.

That's what I got, at least.

As a side note, my crack theory on whole "subtype" matter is that it simply tells if someone simply focused more honing on their natural ego talents or if at some point pushed themselves to try to develop in their weaker areas/had been pushed by life to have to figure out how to operate that basically other realm they suck at to some passing level of competence, by trial and error as at the end of the day those are 2D and 1D functions, learning from experience (and social norms on the matter, for 2D)

I do think you raise many good points here. Personally, I spent perhaps the first 20+ years of my life being rather impractical, living more in fantasy than reality through play, video games, art, movies, etc. Then I took this interest in being more practical and started denying myself the only things I were ever naturally good at. I tried to get my head out of the clouds and books and live more for the moment, and all that crap. Then it dawned on me that the very people I was trying to be more like couldn't do the things I could do. Why was I trying to do the things they are naturally good at? I shouldn't really be focusing my time with such things, unless I was actually interested.

I do see where the line is blurred for many people. I actually advocate that most people don't really have a type because they are kind of in the middle of the dichotomies. It is the ones that are solidly within each dichotomous camp that form the basis for our overgeneralizations. I think my own thinking and feeling are close to one another, while my N and S aren't very close. I still S when I S, but the overall tendency is to not S. Many people use both relatively equally, but I wouldn't say they are sensors or intuitives. Maybe they are sentuitives? Or Intuensors?

So here you have Socionics. The theory says people both can and can't master weaker functions, depending on the opinion. You need a dual to do certain things for you, but heaven forbid be told you can't do something!

TIM
    Fi/Te 6 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    762 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carolus View Post
    Type me you fools, you cruel bitches.
    As a certified fool & cruel bitch I'd like to type you but you're not very self revealing. For the best, probably.