Page 71 of 115 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,840 of 4599

Thread: Your typing of forum members

  1. #2801
    f.k.a Oprah sbbds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    3,773
    Mentioned
    265 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Such a shame he always contorts them into idiotic typings for people.

  2. #2802
    IQ over 150 vesstheastralsilky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    TIM
    ~°~
    Posts
    1,487
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    Yeah just pay attention lol. We all have lots of wonderful *experience* with Sol here... maybe keep an open mind.
    Yeah I see it ;O)



    I don't get riled up about it in reaction as some seem to though.
    ~* astralsilky



    Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

    Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

  3. #2803
    Honorary Ballsack
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,366
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    While we’re on this topic I’ve always typed Sol LSE. I find his typology ideas and general insights to be decent actually but he can’t apply them at all almost when trying to type people over the internet. I ascribe this to horrible theory of mind as a result of Ni polr. That’s probably also why he always insists on seeing videos of people. He’s typed himself correctly (IMO) and decisively though, which is more than many on here can say.
    I think most people here are likely intuitives, especially since this is a very obscure field of study. Sensors that hang out for years on an esoteric typology forum? Not likely. I think LII is more likely, a very LSEish LII.

  4. #2804
    f.k.a Oprah sbbds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    3,773
    Mentioned
    265 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nebula View Post
    I think most people here are likely intuitives, especially since this is a very obscure field of study. Sensors that hang out for years on an esoteric typology forum? Not likely. I think LII is more likely, a very LSEish LII.
    Is there some reason you’re quoting my post?

    And am I ILE to you then? I’ve been into typology since 2006. Type me Nebula.

  5. #2805
    Chakram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    311
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vesstheastralsilky View Post
    Yeah but I think @Sol has been at this longer than the average user and has a LOT of collected data and experiences to share. I can understand where he's coming from in that regard. And it can be very frustrating for an experienced typist to share their views among relative newbies who do not understand how convoluted socionics really is, to come along simple minded and just disregard the hard work and experience of others who ultimately are only trying to help and preserve the integrity of their accumulated knowledge before yet more error creeps in and easily deludes the masses.
    I'm not trying to throw dirt on Sols understanding of socionics or anything like that, I think he can be very accurate a decent amount of the time, and sometimes biased, like anyone. Going out of your way to continually throw your opinion at someone doesn't seem to be an effective way of getting them, or others, to take your opinion seriously, and it also reflects poorly on the forum imo.

  6. #2806
    f.k.a Oprah sbbds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    3,773
    Mentioned
    265 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chakram View Post
    I think he can be very accurate a decent amount of the time, and sometimes biased, like anyone.
    It seems more like he goes against people’s self-typings almost every single time though. That’s much more often than most on here.

  7. #2807
    Chakram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    311
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    It seems more like he goes against people’s self-typings almost every single time though. That’s much more often than most on here.
    A firmer opinion than most perhaps, which makes it seem like that.

    Are there any updated @Sol typing lists on here?

  8. #2808
    f.k.a Oprah sbbds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    3,773
    Mentioned
    265 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chakram View Post
    A firmer opinion than most perhaps, which makes it seem like that.

    Are there any updated @Sol typing lists on here?
    Nope, it doesn’t just “seem” like that. Follow his posts where he addresses people and he almost never uses people’s self-typings.

  9. #2809
    Honorary Ballsack
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,366
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    This and other recent posts makes me think you're confusing socionics for MBTI. Those things are probably true in MBTI, and it's how they type people. In that system it seems like if you think and like learning, have a brain, have creativity or ever talk about things beyond the immediate physical world you're automatically an intuitive. If you're sort of retarded and simple-minded you're a sensor.

    It doesn't work like that in socionics though, "sensors" can actually think and have interests and create and use imagination and have minds too. Look at the different approaches people take to how they learn about things though -- that's where you can start seeing different IEs show up. The empirical approach tends to be Te, the systematic approach Ti, so on and whatever.
    Not saying they can't, just not as likely, looking at the larger picture. Intuitives do correlate with openness to experience. Being interested in something like this is similar to being interested in philosophy, which is far too removed from the more practical concerns of most people. You would most likely, although not necessarily, have to be rather open to be receptive to this stuff in the first place.Being intuitive is just a different way of thinking. It has its advantages and disadvantages.

  10. #2810
    f.k.a Oprah sbbds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    3,773
    Mentioned
    265 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    This and other recent posts makes me think you're confusing socionics for MBTI. Those things are probably true in MBTI, and it's how they type people. In that system it seems like if you think and like learning, have a brain, have creativity or ever talk about things beyond the immediate physical world you're automatically an intuitive. If you're sort of retarded and simple-minded you're a sensor.

    It doesn't work like that in socionics though, "sensors" can actually think and have interests and create and use imagination and have minds too. Look at the different approaches people take to how they learn about things though -- that's where you can start seeing different IEs show up. The empirical approach tends to be Te, the systematic approach Ti, so on and whatever.
    Please. Everybody knows that while sensors can use computer mice adeptly, they can’t read or likely use anything above the brain stem.

  11. #2811
    f.k.a Oprah sbbds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    3,773
    Mentioned
    265 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nebula View Post
    Not saying they can't, just not as likely, looking at the larger picture. Intuitives do correlate with openness to experience. Being interested in something like this is similar to being interested in philosophy, which is far too removed from the more practical concerns of most people. You would most likely, although not necessarily, have to be rather open to be receptive to this stuff in the first place.Being intuitive is just a different way of thinking. It has its advantages and disadvantages.
    No. In Socionics, sensors seek out intuitive super-id (and super-ego) information.

  12. #2812
    Raver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Posts
    4,938
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    There Rose have added arguments for her F type. And more basis to suppose Fe for her.

    I do not understand what F types want from the typology more. To play in types and intrigues or to get the truth and reasonable argumentation to types related.
    I can't even to assign this to Fe types only, with their the lack of interest in objective reality. As I saw the similar from ESI, for example - the strong negative emotions on thinking her other type than she thought herself. F types tend to have too emotional links with own opinions and so react by emotions when those opinions get the opposing. Se valued and Fe valued types - should to have it as more expressed. Also sometimes people choose "comfortable" types for themselves, alike to fit to good IR with someones and to bad IR with others - this play with the reality is more expected from F types too, which easier fool themselves and tend to follow to emotional reasons for opinions.

    The only hope, - F type or not, - after some time the reason and some thinking should lead to adequate reality perceptions, as observations will make noticable more of contradictions with incorrect opinions. Or to stop using of the types theory and rejecting of the typology, in case the reality is chosen to stay below emotions in types related.

    Fe tend to drama. *sigh*

    @Venus Rose
    It's not constructive to run away from the reality and such to feel offenced on the truth about it. Your emotions will be better when you'll organise the reality to better way, but not when will keep tring to live in sweet dreams. When people become adults - they understand this more and more, what makes them more responsible.



    I was not bad enough in the previous lifes so was given base T.
    One of the weaknesses of LSEs is that they can be overbearing at times unintentionally especially if they mean well. Unfortunately, it comes across as too strong a lot of the time. Self aware LSEs know they can come on too strong and try to dial it back as much as possible. At this point, you've offended a good amount of EIIs or let's pretend that they aren't EII like you claim, which shouldn't matter anyways.

    If numerous people are having a problem with you then isn't it safe to say that you are the problem and not them? If that's the case then perhaps it's time for some self-reflection so you can grow. Or you can choose to ignore or be offended by this and continue on with your bad habits, but that's at your detriment in the end. I only say this to you now because it's a recurring pattern instead of just a one off.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

    Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

  13. #2813
    f.k.a Oprah sbbds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    3,773
    Mentioned
    265 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Tfw Raver masterfully weaves an argument for Sol’s typing and gently chiding his behaviour into one post.

  14. #2814
    Honorary Ballsack
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,366
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    No. In Socionics, sensors seek out intuitive super-id (and super-ego) information.
    What do intuitives seek out?

    Only in socionics is up called down and down called up.

  15. #2815
    Dauphin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    North Carolina
    TIM
    EIE
    Posts
    948
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Type me you fools, you cruel bitches.

  16. #2816
    Honorary Ballsack
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,366
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    Please. Everybody knows that while sensors can use computer mice adeptly, they can’t read or likely use anything above the brain stem.
    All humans have abstract thinking capabilities, unless mentally retarded. Those that excell at and/or constantly interested in the abstract, above average, are intuitive. "Sensors" are on the low side of abstraction. These are people who by definition aren't interested in ideas. It is gradation though, not black and white. There are people who are neither sensor or intuitive, but a mix of the two. Ne dominants are defined by their love of ideas(more than any other type) making the polar opposite(an S type) by definition not interested. Those types of people exist and they are the sensiest of sensors. It is not a good or bad issue.

  17. #2817
    f.k.a Oprah sbbds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    3,773
    Mentioned
    265 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nebula View Post
    What do intuitives seek out?

    Only in socionics is up called down and down called up.
    Sensing.

    There’s a difference between tendencies towards natural strengths, and having an interest in something. Thinking sensing types are typically uninterested in intuitive activities and intuitives are typically uninterested in sensing activities is an ancient song bellowed out by the great whales from the lost sea of MBTI-land.

    This is a discussion forum, not a pro psychologist training centre.

  18. #2818
    a two horned unicorn renegade COVID 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    sniffing your butt
    TIM
    ILE-α/H, LEVF
    Posts
    5,452
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    In socionics types tend to automatically generate their own ego stuff, I think. It tends to be so that Ne egos for example tend to just talk about stuff without tangible basis. When it continues too long they notice that the meta information goes nowhere while they can keep track of the information comfortably which leads to frustration.
    Measuring you right now

    Winning is for losers

     

    Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

  19. #2819
    Sir that's my emotional support gremlin ApeironStella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Exisal hangar
    TIM
    LII-Ne 5w6 593 so/sx
    Posts
    479
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nebula View Post
    Not saying they can't, just not as likely, looking at the larger picture. Intuitives do correlate with openness to experience. Being interested in something like this is similar to being interested in philosophy, which is far too removed from the more practical concerns of most people. You would most likely, although not necessarily, have to be rather open to be receptive to this stuff in the first place.Being intuitive is just a different way of thinking. It has its advantages and disadvantages.
    Interestingly enough, my IEI friend and EII friend are a lot more interested in real-life focused mysteries/tragedies/drama stuff (EII friend reads a lot on real life tragic life stories of artists/composers/writers etc while IEI friend is really into acting), my SEI friend is a lot more into fictional and "weirder" things (and recently got into anime and she is currently watching a lot more anime than I do nowadays, as it is all new and interesting for her), while ESI friend is the one who is into astrology and low key always follows when some planet is retrograding, and also into anime.

    My LSI mother often goes for series where she sees something that has roots in real life, but with some sort of conspiracy-esque backdrop to it (Ie. Person of Interest is one of her favourite TV series that I've seen her watch countless times and recently she was reading a book on history of religions, saying that it is something she prefers to digest properly than try going for in one sitting) as well as tends to have dreams where she sees dead people she was close to giving her warnings/saying something to celebrate is coming soon with some major thing often happening afterwards.

    That is not to say they aren't interested in/good at and naturally follow their ego function habits and talents, but simply that it is really downplayed even in Socionics in favour of going "You just need a Dual!" than actually acknowledging that many people, do try to provide their own HA and DS functions, or to find a supply of them from somewhere else, so that just because it is not a natural strength doesn't equate to a complete natural disinterest so much as how much energy you have to devote to such things and ways you can do it being limited.

    Which also bring me to whole "such theories are dominated by intuitives (and thinkers)" thing, which actually has some truth in it because the area they suck at has to do with sensing (and feelings/ethics/relationships) so that's actually the intuitives (and thinkers) trying to reach to their weakspot/trying to learn cover it/how to get better into touch by it via what they are already adept at, just like it is for other types, which again brings us to interest does not always equate strength, and in fact, can be just as often reverse too, sensors (and feelers, to not have them left out as well) are looking for the abstract/philosophical/wide-picture (thinking/categorization/systematization/profit) such theories/abstract things can provide that is lacking in their life as well. So while probably still isn't perfect 50/50, it probably isn't as extremely skewed towards one side.

    That's what I got, at least.


    As a side note, my crack theory on whole "subtype" matter is that it simply tells if someone simply focused more honing on their natural ego talents or if at some point pushed themselves to try to develop in their weaker areas/had been pushed by life to have to figure out how to operate that basically other realm they suck at to some passing level of competence, by trial and error as at the end of the day those are 2D and 1D functions, learning from experience (and social norms on the matter, for 2D)





  20. #2820
    Honorary Ballsack
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,366
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ApeironStella View Post
    Interestingly enough, my IEI friend and EII friend are a lot more interested in real-life focused mysteries/tragedies/drama stuff (EII friend reads a lot on real life tragic life stories of artists/composers/writers etc while IEI friend is really into acting), my SEI friend is a lot more into fictional and "weirder" things (and recently got into anime and she is currently watching a lot more anime than I do nowadays, as it is all new and interesting for her), while ESI friend is the one who is into astrology and low key always follows when some planet is retrograding, and also into anime.

    My LSI mother often goes for series where she sees something that has roots in real life, but with some sort of conspiracy-esque backdrop to it (Ie. Person of Interest is one of her favourite TV series that I've seen her watch countless times and recently she was reading a book on history of religions, saying that it is something she prefers to digest properly than try going for in one sitting) as well as tends to have dreams where she sees dead people she was close to giving her warnings/saying something to celebrate is coming soon with some major thing often happening afterwards.

    That is not to say they aren't interested in/good at and naturally follow their ego function habits and talents, but simply that it is really downplayed even in Socionics in favour of going "You just need a Dual!" than actually acknowledging that many people, do try to provide their own HA and DS functions, or to find a supply of them from somewhere else, so that just because it is not a natural strength doesn't equate to a complete natural disinterest so much as how much energy you have to devote to such things and ways you can do it being limited.

    Which also bring me to whole "such theories are dominated by intuitives (and thinkers)" thing, which actually has some truth in it because the area they suck at has to do with sensing (and feelings/ethics/relationships) so that's actually the intuitives (and thinkers) trying to reach to their weakspot/trying to learn cover it/how to get better into touch by it via what they are already adept at, just like it is for other types, which again brings us to interest does not always equate strength, and in fact, can be just as often reverse too, sensors (and feelers, to not have them left out as well) are looking for the abstract/philosophical/wide-picture (thinking/categorization/systematization/profit) such theories/abstract things can provide that is lacking in their life as well. So while probably still isn't perfect 50/50, it probably isn't as extremely skewed towards one side.

    That's what I got, at least.


    As a side note, my crack theory on whole "subtype" matter is that it simply tells if someone simply focused more honing on their natural ego talents or if at some point pushed themselves to try to develop in their weaker areas/had been pushed by life to have to figure out how to operate that basically other realm they suck at to some passing level of competence, by trial and error as at the end of the day those are 2D and 1D functions, learning from experience (and social norms on the matter, for 2D)

    I do think you raise many good points here. Personally, I spent perhaps the first 20+ years of my life being rather impractical, living more in fantasy than reality through play, video games, art, movies, etc. Then I took this interest in being more practical and started denying myself the only things I were ever naturally good at. I tried to get my head out of the clouds and books and live more for the moment, and all that crap. Then it dawned on me that the very people I was trying to be more like couldn't do the things I could do. Why was I trying to do the things they are naturally good at? I shouldn't really be focusing my time with such things, unless I was actually interested.

    I do see where the line is blurred for many people. I actually advocate that most people don't really have a type because they are kind of in the middle of the dichotomies. It is the ones that are solidly within each dichotomous camp that form the basis for our overgeneralizations. I think my own thinking and feeling are close to one another, while my N and S aren't very close. I still S when I S, but the overall tendency is to not S. Many people use both relatively equally, but I wouldn't say they are sensors or intuitives. Maybe they are sentuitives? Or Intuensors?

    So here you have Socionics. The theory says people both can and can't master weaker functions, depending on the opinion. You need a dual to do certain things for you, but heaven forbid be told you can't do something!

  21. #2821
    Socionics is a spook ashlesha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    15,079
    Mentioned
    847 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carolus View Post
    Type me you fools, you cruel bitches.
    As a certified fool & cruel bitch I'd like to type you but you're not very self revealing. For the best, probably.

  22. #2822
    Dauphin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    North Carolina
    TIM
    EIE
    Posts
    948
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ashlesha View Post
    For the best, probably.
    WHAT DOES THAT MEAN

  23. #2823
    Socionics is a spook ashlesha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    15,079
    Mentioned
    847 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carolus View Post
    WHAT DOES THAT MEAN
    Lolllll. This. I mean you're smart not to spew everything.

  24. #2824
    Dauphin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    North Carolina
    TIM
    EIE
    Posts
    948
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ashlesha View Post
    Lolllll. This. I mean you're smart not to spew everything.
    Ahh, that's reasonable.

  25. #2825
    a two horned unicorn renegade COVID 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    sniffing your butt
    TIM
    ILE-α/H, LEVF
    Posts
    5,452
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    My logic definitely has its bounds, I have noted. I get very nice ideas how to think about things but then I also end up noticing that I might need someone with bit more precision if it gets purely formalized. That is to say that my logic is foremost approximate and selective with good precision.
    Measuring you right now

    Winning is for losers

     

    Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

  26. #2826
    f.k.a Oprah sbbds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    3,773
    Mentioned
    265 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nebula View Post
    I do think you raise many good points here. Personally, I spent perhaps the first 20+ years of my life being rather impractical, living more in fantasy than reality through play, video games, art, movies, etc. Then I took this interest in being more practical and started denying myself the only things I were ever naturally good at. I tried to get my head out of the clouds and books and live more for the moment, and all that crap. Then it dawned on me that the very people I was trying to be more like couldn't do the things I could do. Why was I trying to do the things they are naturally good at? I shouldn't really be focusing my time with such things, unless I was actually interested.

    I do see where the line is blurred for many people. I actually advocate that most people don't really have a type because they are kind of in the middle of the dichotomies. It is the ones that are solidly within each dichotomous camp that form the basis for our overgeneralizations. I think my own thinking and feeling are close to one another, while my N and S aren't very close. I still S when I S, but the overall tendency is to not S. Many people use both relatively equally, but I wouldn't say they are sensors or intuitives. Maybe they are sentuitives? Or Intuensors?

    So here you have Socionics. The theory says people both can and can't master weaker functions, depending on the opinion. You need a dual to do certain things for you, but heaven forbid be told you can't do something!
    Yes heaven forbid people are tired of stupid, inaccurate stereotypes that don’t represent them at all and falsely limit them and their image while they’re trying to find themselves and discuss personality and personal development with others on the internet where it’s hard enough to communicate and get your full persona across in the first place.

  27. #2827
    Sir that's my emotional support gremlin ApeironStella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Exisal hangar
    TIM
    LII-Ne 5w6 593 so/sx
    Posts
    479
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nebula View Post
    I do think you raise many good points here. Personally, I spent perhaps the first 20+ years of my life being rather impractical, living more in fantasy than reality through play, video games, art, movies, etc. Then I took this interest in being more practical and started denying myself the only things I were ever naturally good at. I tried to get my head out of the clouds and books and live more for the moment, and all that crap. Then it dawned on me that the very people I was trying to be more like couldn't do the things I could do. Why was I trying to do the things they are naturally good at? I shouldn't really be focusing my time with such things, unless I was actually interested.

    I do see where the line is blurred for many people. I actually advocate that most people don't really have a type because they are kind of in the middle of the dichotomies. It is the ones that are solidly within each dichotomous camp that form the basis for our overgeneralizations. I think my own thinking and feeling are close to one another, while my N and S aren't very close. I still S when I S, but the overall tendency is to not S. Many people use both relatively equally, but I wouldn't say they are sensors or intuitives. Maybe they are sentuitives? Or Intuensors?

    So here you have Socionics. The theory says people both can and can't master weaker functions, depending on the opinion. You need a dual to do certain things for you, but heaven forbid be told you can't do something!
    I personally see that whole type business as "people who do focus on this and this is likely to care about this/be more blinded by that/might need help with those" type of shortcuts, if that makes sense. Sort of like stereotypes, but my main way of going is, if I pick up something about someone who reminds me anything related to any typology, I check it in with them directly or phrase it in more "daily lingo" way if I think that they likely wouldn't be interested in personality theories. If they confirm that that's the case, great, one more real life observation noted down, as well as I know yet another detail about that person to know how to approach them/how they might differ at their way of thinking to find middle ground easier if any trouble happens, than as rigid and 100% dogmatic knowledge.

    I would agree that real people are rarely as type profile level neurotic for most typologies than just Socionics, as well as the culture where the typologist(?) lives in inevitably leads to bias on certain mannerisms they might not realize that is more related to socially learned/adopted behaviour than something as intrinsic for the person, or it is intrinsic but in one case is fully allowed and encouraged to develop while in another devalued by the culture and makes one question worth of their own talents as you mentioned above.

    So basically, to me, typology is a tool to see and share patterns in human behaviour and thinking, that is discussed, showed personal anecdotes for from others or refuted by others of supposedly same category that is talked about, trying to connect how and why some things fit and why some doesn't, for the sake of understanding my way of thinking and being better as well as get a better picture of other side too, to get the discussion going on about different points of views so I can both personally grow further and become a more tolerant person.

    If one suggestion is wrong or it doesn't apply for that specific case, that's fine. Things can be always refined and at some point I realized that there really is no "completely objective" level of "The Collective Truth TM" a human can reach, and being an organic being myself, as much as I would like to think myself as someone acting rationally and "according to what makes sense", at the end of the day, I am still just as swayed by my emotions and experiences as any other, so no need for a piss race over who is "better" at being "objectively logical" as it is in our current time, something that seems to be socially valued in most countries, a trait of "superiority" though in all honesty most people are just fed up with ones boasting that while being hypocritically unaware of their own subjectivity.

    So I would say your point on your thinking and feeling being closer, might be just self awareness over how subjective at the end of the day really is- Introtim/Introverted Thinking, Subjective Thinking, by definition. And yeah, most people who achieve some level of self awareness probably are more well rounded in general, but I see type as something they are used to picking as their way of dealing with the world as their main method, using that mainframe of narrative they stick with throughout their lives, which can change/get altered by experiences, but usually as they get older, with their neuroplasticity settling in to being set/less flexible, it is probably things that actually physically affect their brain or some rather extreme experience that would shake their entire world view based on all their past experiences and thinking patterns they developed until then, so at the end, typology is useful for general purposes if you use it to pick up certain patterns in people rather than expecting them to act like extreme/caricaturized examples that are in most type profiles, is my view of typology stuff in general, if that makes sense?

    And I would say that people can get better at things, but again, as they get older it often gets harder to change their thinking patterns/to develop new connections so compared to someone who was honing on that pathway longer, also for some things added with perhaps genetic tendencies, they are unlikely to get as good as such people/get better than them in general, which applies for type weakspots as well. So they can develop, but it is not something they are as likely to marvel at/do as naturally unless they pull themselves through some extreme change in personality/perception/even perhaps personal history they have- everything would need to be reframed and retrained, and that's some massive load with often little to no map even telling you how to do them, so I find type changing sort of things unlikely, but do believe that people can learn circumvent around their weak points/to get at least some competence at them via trial and error to the point of where they can survive, if they need to.
    Last edited by ApeironStella; 12-21-2018 at 12:32 PM.





  28. #2828
    mindless Aeris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    nowhere important
    TIM
    heartless
    Posts
    459
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nebula View Post
    I do think you raise many good points here. Personally, I spent perhaps the first 20+ years of my life being rather impractical, living more in fantasy than reality through play, video games, art, movies, etc. Then I took this interest in being more practical and started denying myself the only things I were ever naturally good at. I tried to get my head out of the clouds and books and live more for the moment, and all that crap. Then it dawned on me that the very people I was trying to be more like couldn't do the things I could do. Why was I trying to do the things they are naturally good at? I shouldn't really be focusing my time with such things, unless I was actually interested.

    I do see where the line is blurred for many people. I actually advocate that most people don't really have a type because they are kind of in the middle of the dichotomies. It is the ones that are solidly within each dichotomous camp that form the basis for our overgeneralizations. I think my own thinking and feeling are close to one another, while my N and S aren't very close. I still S when I S, but the overall tendency is to not S. Many people use both relatively equally, but I wouldn't say they are sensors or intuitives. Maybe they are sentuitives? Or Intuensors?

    So here you have Socionics. The theory says people both can and can't master weaker functions, depending on the opinion. You need a dual to do certain things for you, but heaven forbid be told you can't do something!
    I see the blurred lines too, so much - people end up like huge random messes of functional nonsense.

    The truth is life asks all functions out of everyone depending on circumstances. One cannot just "ego function" their whole life, dual or not, and even with a dual, the duo is not stitched together, there will be time where both will have to use their weak functions while stranded out in the world. Having a dual around is a way to learn by witnessing, imo, and there is no need to fuck them to learn from them.
    Anyhoo, I think that a person has function preferences at least, and that by being very often in situation that calls for their weak functions can make them pretty decent at emulating said weak functions, though they will not grow from it, more likely fall into despair.
    I have found that there is a sense of "right" in learning to put oneself in more situation that require one's prefered functions, doesn't mean one suddenly cannot "weak function" anymore, though it seem preferable to leave that to other people who actually are better at it than one, and focus on what one is better at.

    Everyone has feelings, has a logic, a need for imagination and possibilities, can enjoy endulging in the senses... it's human.

  29. #2829

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    11,927
    Mentioned
    1091 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    @Anglas
    By a photo and a behavior mb EIE.
    Types himself as LIE, what is close.
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  30. #2830
    Number 9 large's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Baking bread
    TIM
    ESTp 7w8 Aries Sp/Sx
    Posts
    3,823
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    My logic definitely has its bounds, I have noted. I get very nice ideas how to think about things but then I also end up noticing that I might need someone with bit more precision if it gets purely formalized. That is to say that my logic is foremost approximate and selective with good precision.
    Nice way of saying im not LII then going to say ur LII anyway

  31. #2831
    a two horned unicorn renegade COVID 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    sniffing your butt
    TIM
    ILE-α/H, LEVF
    Posts
    5,452
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    Nice way of saying im not LII then going to say ur LII anyway
    You should meet Type Police yourself.


    Last edited by COVID 007; 12-26-2018 at 11:52 PM.
    Measuring you right now

    Winning is for losers

     

    Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

  32. #2832
    Number 9 large's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Baking bread
    TIM
    ESTp 7w8 Aries Sp/Sx
    Posts
    3,823
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    You should meet Type Police yourself.


    wtf is this shit

  33. #2833
    Aramas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    United States
    TIM
    ESI?
    Posts
    1,782
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    For the record

    @Karatos LSE-Te

  34. #2834
    a two horned unicorn renegade COVID 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    sniffing your butt
    TIM
    ILE-α/H, LEVF
    Posts
    5,452
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    wtf is this shit
    Something similar what should happen to you. Just check up your diapers and you'll find Se ego poop there.
    Measuring you right now

    Winning is for losers

     

    Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

  35. #2835
    Number 9 large's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Baking bread
    TIM
    ESTp 7w8 Aries Sp/Sx
    Posts
    3,823
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    Something similar what should happen to you. Just check up your diapers and you'll find Se ego poop there.
    But if im Se ego i wont have diapers?

  36. #2836
    a two horned unicorn renegade COVID 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    sniffing your butt
    TIM
    ILE-α/H, LEVF
    Posts
    5,452
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    But if im Se ego i wont have diapers?
    Just because you have Se ego does not exclude you not having numerous medical problems.
    Measuring you right now

    Winning is for losers

     

    Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

  37. #2837
    Number 9 large's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Baking bread
    TIM
    ESTp 7w8 Aries Sp/Sx
    Posts
    3,823
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    Just because you have Se ego does not exclude you not having numerous medical problems.
    Ok diaperboy

  38. #2838

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    11,927
    Mentioned
    1091 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    @Karatos LSE-Te
    Fe valued he is

    Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    wtf is this shit
    mb your contrary (SEI)

    Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    You should meet Type Police yourself.
    Holy Inquisition will save you all


    Last edited by Sol; 12-30-2018 at 06:57 PM.
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  39. #2839
    IQ over 150 vesstheastralsilky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    TIM
    ~°~
    Posts
    1,487
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Fe valued he is



    mb your contrary (SEI)



    Holy Inquisition will save you all


    Lol
    ~* astralsilky



    Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

    Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

  40. #2840
    Number 9 large's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Baking bread
    TIM
    ESTp 7w8 Aries Sp/Sx
    Posts
    3,823
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Fe valued he is



    mb your contrary (SEI)



    Holy Inquisition will save you all


    Im ESI now?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •