Page 64 of 98 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,560 of 3885

Thread: Your typing of forum members

  1. #2521
    Number 9 large's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Baking bread
    TIM
    ESTP 7w8
    Posts
    2,752
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BFGDoomer View Post
    Most people regardless of type appreciate logical consistency in a broad manner. Fi appreciates it when it supports their own relational system (to a certain degree of course). Isn't Fi described as logical, rigid and categorical like Ti?
    Introverted feeling is logical now, this is why this forum sucks

  2. #2522
    Impermanence para's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Where the gaze meets
    TIM
    XLI
    Posts
    837
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    Introverted feeling is logical now, this is why this forum sucks
    The discourse you're promoting isn't exactly improving it.
    When the heavens above did not exist,
    And earth beneath had not come into being —
    There was Apsû, the first in order, their begetter,
    And demiurge Tia-mat, who gave birth to them all;
    They had mingled their waters together
    Before meadow-land had coalesced and reed-bed was to he found —
    When not one of the gods had been formed
    Or had come into being, when no destinies had been decreed,
    The gods were created within them:

  3. #2523
    Number 9 large's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Baking bread
    TIM
    ESTP 7w8
    Posts
    2,752
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BFGDoomer View Post
    The discourse you're promoting isn't exactly improving it.
    Neither is your ignorance

  4. #2524
    Pano Lou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    A mystery
    Posts
    341
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BFGDoomer View Post
    Most people regardless of type appreciate logical consistency in a broad manner. Fi appreciates it when it supports their own relational system (to a certain degree of course). Isn't Fi described as logical, rigid and categorical like Ti?
    The feeling functions deal with ethics, not logic. Fi will happily forsake logic if it fulfils their ethical sentiment. Same as Fe actually. You need to make the distinction. Otherwise how would you distinguish the functions?
    "My love for Linton is like the foliage in the woods: time will change it, I'm well aware, as winter changes the trees. My love for Heathcliff resembles the eternal rocks beneath: a source of little visible delight, but necessary. Nelly, I am Heathcliff! He's always, always in my mind"



    "Catherine Earnshaw, may you not rest as long as I am living; you said I killed you—haunt me, then!... Be with me always—take any form—drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!"




  5. #2525
    Impermanence para's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Where the gaze meets
    TIM
    XLI
    Posts
    837
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    Neither is your ignorance
    Nonetheless you had no intentions of curing it, which i openly asked you to do if possible.
    When the heavens above did not exist,
    And earth beneath had not come into being —
    There was Apsû, the first in order, their begetter,
    And demiurge Tia-mat, who gave birth to them all;
    They had mingled their waters together
    Before meadow-land had coalesced and reed-bed was to he found —
    When not one of the gods had been formed
    Or had come into being, when no destinies had been decreed,
    The gods were created within them:

  6. #2526
    Number 9 large's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Baking bread
    TIM
    ESTP 7w8
    Posts
    2,752
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BFGDoomer View Post
    Nonetheless you had no intentions of curing it, which i openly asked you to do if possible.
    Of course.

    Its my responsibility to cure your ignorance my bad.

  7. #2527
    Impermanence para's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Where the gaze meets
    TIM
    XLI
    Posts
    837
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pano Lou View Post
    The feeling functions deal with ethics, not logic. Fi will happily forsake logic if it fulfils their ethical sentiment. Same as Fe actually. You need to make the distinction. Otherwise how would you distinguish the functions?
    But Fi makes categorizations just as much as Ti, as judging elements. Maybe systematic is a better word. IME (and from what i've read) Fi lead types, especially EII (Ne perspective openness was brought up) appreciate logical support in their Fi related views, although they won't be of importance when 'judging'.

    Can you give an example of discarding logic? I don't quite think i get what you mean. Their ethical views make sense to them, are systematic. (as all people) IJ elements even more so i would think. They may not explicitly think of 'logic', but right and wrong, like and dislike have systematic elements behind them, don't they? And IJ seems most internally conscious about these reasons. ''I like because, i think it's wrong because''. Ti would only strengthen this to a certain degree, and of course in agreement, wouldn't it? Te supports with facts to strengthen which is more immediately useful for Fi, but what would make EII feel alienated to Ti that supports the views?
    When the heavens above did not exist,
    And earth beneath had not come into being —
    There was Apsû, the first in order, their begetter,
    And demiurge Tia-mat, who gave birth to them all;
    They had mingled their waters together
    Before meadow-land had coalesced and reed-bed was to he found —
    When not one of the gods had been formed
    Or had come into being, when no destinies had been decreed,
    The gods were created within them:

  8. #2528
    Impermanence para's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Where the gaze meets
    TIM
    XLI
    Posts
    837
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    Of course.

    Its my responsibility to cure your ignorance my bad.
    Generally forums exist to illuminate and discuss. You seem to think differently. I guess you take issue with my level of ignorance, as you consider it to be wrong at a basic level of understanding, is that right? I think that the level which people are on is quite arbitrary, i never think it is constructive to dismiss others because they're percieved as wrong.

    If you don't want to tell me how i'm wrong in a way that i understand, then leave me alone. I'm sure that there are a lot of people on here that can put me in my place without acting like a child.
    When the heavens above did not exist,
    And earth beneath had not come into being —
    There was Apsû, the first in order, their begetter,
    And demiurge Tia-mat, who gave birth to them all;
    They had mingled their waters together
    Before meadow-land had coalesced and reed-bed was to he found —
    When not one of the gods had been formed
    Or had come into being, when no destinies had been decreed,
    The gods were created within them:

  9. #2529

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    10,310
    Mentioned
    932 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    Socionics is not a cult.
    That's why it needs the common _reasonable_ approach which means that the correctness of an opinion depends from the knowledge of the theory and practical experience. And that different theory have different basis to trust due to objective reasons. Many people on this forum forget about this and trust to own opinions and heretical bs too much.

    Many ones here never read original Jung's book and basic Augustinavichiute's works. Never read normal Socionics books which help to uderstand the typology systematicly and in classical form. At best they read good books about dichotomies from MBTI side. And a theoretical mess from English sites, where Reinin's traits, Gulenko's bs and Jung's core theory are mixed as equal. This means most ones here have the mess in their heads instead of adequate typology understanding, what I was surpised to see in very strange views people say here about the essences of the types besides how often they use different heretical bs.

    The similarly bad is in practice qualification of the most here. The initial typing qualification is proved from the moment you notice that IR theory fits to your typings good and often. How many ones did that? Then you need years of typing to improve your skills, especially to type people not only near you IRL.

    The unreasonable approach is the trait of cults. Such approach I've criticized. While you with the opposing protect that irrational nonsense and should relate to "cults" your and similar positions where people having nothing reasonably good to trust to own opinions do so here and trust to baseless bs like those are not such. If Socionics is not a cult and not a game for you, then use objective reason in it like you do in other knowledge regions. Until that it's not so, despite your "magical" claims which controvert to what you do.

    Also when you use what is not part of Socionics theory like Gulenko's subtypes - there is no reason to call it as Socionics. It's not a "cult" where you may irrationally and baselessly do anything like to relate anything to something or other absurd.

    Disagreeing with the said above you are on the irrational side, but not me.
    With more reasonable approach, on what I've pointed, there'd "magically" was lesser of bs and mistakes on this forum and in Socionics.
    Last edited by Sol; 10-27-2018 at 07:03 PM.
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  10. #2530
    Number 9 large's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Baking bread
    TIM
    ESTP 7w8
    Posts
    2,752
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BFGDoomer View Post
    Generally forums exist to illuminate and discuss. You seem to think differently. I guess you take issue with my level of ignorance, as you consider it to be wrong at a basic level of understanding, is that right? I think that the level which people are on is quite arbitrary, i never think it is constructive to dismiss others because they're percieved as wrong.

    If you don't want to tell me how i'm wrong in a way that i understand, then leave me alone. I'm sure that there are a lot of people on here that can put me in my place without acting like a child.
    One thing this forum has taught me is that ppl are too close minded to listen to logic

    F and T are a dichotomy, welcome to socionics 101.

  11. #2531
    Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Second story
    TIM
    EIE
    Posts
    3,718
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don’t see why Fi would be called systematic. Fe and Fi are judging functions, but that doesn’t make them systematic or logical. I mean in a way they’re closer to S because they have to deal with “what is.” And what is, is a mess. I might tell you how you should navigate some of the human parts of that mess, or have a good idea how I myself should, but that doesn’t mean I’m doing T.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

    Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

    LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

  12. #2532
    fka lungs ashlesha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 6 sp/sx
    Posts
    13,866
    Mentioned
    752 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BFGDoomer View Post
    But Fi makes categorizations just as much as Ti, as judging elements. Maybe systematic is a better word. IME (and from what i've read) Fi lead types, especially EII (Ne perspective openness was brought up) appreciate logical support in their Fi related views, although they won't be of importance when 'judging'.

    Can you give an example of discarding logic? I don't quite think i get what you mean. Their ethical views make sense to them, are systematic. (as all people) IJ elements even more so i would think. They may not explicitly think of 'logic', but right and wrong, like and dislike have systematic elements behind them, don't they? And IJ seems most internally conscious about these reasons. ''I like because, i think it's wrong because''. Ti would only strengthen this to a certain degree, and of course in agreement, wouldn't it? Te supports with facts to strengthen which is more immediately useful for Fi, but what would make EII feel alienated to Ti that supports the views?
    My two cents is experiential assuming im Fi lead, so take it or leave it. Coming up with systematic reasoning to support my judgments takes effort and happens post hoc if I feel compelled to justify myself. Its like when you solve an equation and there's that internal sense of "click" because things came together...I think Fi experiences that "click" wrt how things resonate emotionally even if 2+2 doesn't equal 4 and if they're pressed to make it equal 4 the click goes away and things no longer make sense in their worldview (since that's not how emotions and values really work) and that's how conflict can come up sometimes with Ti types. I don't think anybody's gonna complain about someone providing logical support for their opinions though

  13. #2533
    Pano Lou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    A mystery
    Posts
    341
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BFGDoomer View Post
    But Fi makes categorizations just as much as Ti, as judging elements. Maybe systematic is a better word. IME (and from what i've read) Fi lead types, especially EII (Ne perspective openness was brought up) appreciate logical support in their Fi related views, although they won't be of importance when 'judging'.

    Can you give an example of discarding logic? I don't quite think i get what you mean. Their ethical views make sense to them, are systematic. (as all people) IJ elements even more so i would think. They may not explicitly think of 'logic', but right and wrong, like and dislike have systematic elements behind them, don't they? And IJ seems most internally conscious about these reasons. ''I like because, i think it's wrong because''. Ti would only strengthen this to a certain degree, and of course in agreement, wouldn't it? Te supports with facts to strengthen which is more immediately useful for Fi, but what would make EII feel alienated to Ti that supports the views?
    Uuuh not really. Fi doesn't make the same kind of categorization as Ti. I'm not base Fi, but I do have 4D Fi, so I can try to explain things from that perspective.

    Fi is the ethics of relationships. As in, from my understanding, how an ethical type feels depends on what relationship the person has with the object they're directing their emotions to. This thing can be anything, it can be people, it can be objects, facts or even ideas. Fi is constantly checking it's own position in the world relative to others. This is what gives them their sense of orientation. They're very good at understanding their position, but also other people's positions in life. This is how they make decisions.

    Ti is different in that, there's no emotion attached to the characterizations. Ti types value Fe as an ethical standards. They will tell you that ethics need to be applied in a case by case manner. They don't adhere to this universal standard of "this is my position in life." that's a very personal, subjective sentiment. There's no way to quantify or objectify it. Ti on the other hand, is impersonal. It's cold logic. In fact, Ti is interested in *removing* the personal sentiment. They approach and issue, break it down to its elements. If you debate a Ti type, you can see it clearly. Ti wants to remove personal sentiment. They say "let's break down your argument."

    This distinction is the clearest in types that have Ji as PoLR. ILE for example, may insist that a person's relationship with an object should never enter the equation at all. Whereas an IEE may poorly construct an argument simply because of their relationship to the subject matter.

    Fi understands interpersonal dynamics. Ti doesn't, and couldn't care less. In a sense they're opposite processes. I like to think of it as Fi inserting personal sentiment into an object to make an ethical judgment and Ti as removing personal sentiment from an object to make a logical judgment.

    Yes, all types have access to all functions and most people understand common sense logic and common sense ethics.
    "My love for Linton is like the foliage in the woods: time will change it, I'm well aware, as winter changes the trees. My love for Heathcliff resembles the eternal rocks beneath: a source of little visible delight, but necessary. Nelly, I am Heathcliff! He's always, always in my mind"



    "Catherine Earnshaw, may you not rest as long as I am living; you said I killed you—haunt me, then!... Be with me always—take any form—drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!"




  14. #2534
    Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Second story
    TIM
    EIE
    Posts
    3,718
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I will just add @Pano Lou, ime...

    I have seen many ILEs and SLEs who do care about and learn about interpersonal dynamics. These ILEs seem to enjoy understanding general principles of how people behave and what motivates them, and the SLEs try to understand how to persuade and protect and are good with power dynamics. There’s a bit of the element of studying humans as if we were bugs or something. I even knew an ILE who took that very far by becoming an anthropologist.

    Yet those same people will be unsure of themselves relationally, they don’t always know the right things to say or the right ways to treat people, or even how to stop themselves from manipulating or devaluing people they care about. Sometimes this has been subtle, other times overt.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

    Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

    LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

  15. #2535
    Impermanence para's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Where the gaze meets
    TIM
    XLI
    Posts
    837
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I mean 'systematic' as in consistent within itself. And i think i get what you mean now. That they don't have to make explicit logical sense i agree with. Fi isn't socionics logical, it's systematic in it follows internal rules that are explicit in the agent, and that that is a pronounced trait of IJ types. Therefore logic (Ti) that on the surface supports the ethical values would, in my understanding of theory, be most appreciated in EII (of all the Fi/Te types maybe?) because agreement with Fi base, and openess in Ne. Clashes will of course spring up when disharmony in judgement comes to light.

    I could be wrong about the ranking of Fi/Te types in surface appreciation of Ti, but i still understand Fi as having that internal ruleset which may not be Ti explicit, but still have a rigid grounding, just that the emotional resonance is the source.

    But yeah EII doesn't make logical judgements in the socionics terminology, sorry for being unclear. (and wrong if there is disagreement with my post here)
    When the heavens above did not exist,
    And earth beneath had not come into being —
    There was Apsû, the first in order, their begetter,
    And demiurge Tia-mat, who gave birth to them all;
    They had mingled their waters together
    Before meadow-land had coalesced and reed-bed was to he found —
    When not one of the gods had been formed
    Or had come into being, when no destinies had been decreed,
    The gods were created within them:

  16. #2536
    Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Second story
    TIM
    EIE
    Posts
    3,718
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BFGDoomer View Post
    I mean 'systematic' as in consistent within itself. And i think i get what you mean now. That they don't have to make explicit logical sense i agree with. Fi isn't socionics logical, it's systematic in it follows internal rules that are explicit in the agent, and that that is a pronounced trait of IJ types. Therefore logic (Ti) that on the surface supports the ethical values would, in my understanding of theory, be most appreciated in EII (of all the Fi/Te types maybe?) because agreement with Fi base, and openess in Ne. Clashes will of course spring up when disharmony in judgement comes to light.

    I could be wrong about the ranking of Fi/Te types in surface appreciation of Ti, but i still understand Fi as having that internal ruleset which may not be Ti explicit, but still have a rigid grounding, just that the emotional resonance is the source.

    But yeah EII doesn't make logical judgements in the socionics terminology, sorry for being unclear. (and wrong if there is disagreement with my post here)
    Personally I get perplexed by what looks to me like inconsistency in Fi. What the Fi-heavy person does or doesn’t like or approve of is nearly impossible for me to understand. What lungs is calling the post hoc reasoning may be the problem area, because there will be one set of logic for each post hoc, and it looks like an absolute defiance of logic to me. I’m putting it this way because it’s where Fi types and I diverge and disagree.

    There is clearly a constant, hidden in the Fi self, but I never seem to know the rules.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

    Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

    LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

  17. #2537
    Impermanence para's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Where the gaze meets
    TIM
    XLI
    Posts
    837
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @golden
    I feel the same way. I've had many arguments over 'illogical reasoning' but there seems to be a common thread that i just don't see. Because there is reasoning, it just has a different root. It is wrong to kill = Ti and Fi agree, but may have different lines of reasoning, it is still reasoning. Like all people, Ti leads must end with something that just feels right to them.
    When the heavens above did not exist,
    And earth beneath had not come into being —
    There was Apsû, the first in order, their begetter,
    And demiurge Tia-mat, who gave birth to them all;
    They had mingled their waters together
    Before meadow-land had coalesced and reed-bed was to he found —
    When not one of the gods had been formed
    Or had come into being, when no destinies had been decreed,
    The gods were created within them:

  18. #2538
    a two horned unicorn renegade Nihilist 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Logical supermacy torturing So(u)ls
    TIM
    ILE-C-7 5-stoolchart
    Posts
    4,354
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Are we discussing the difficulties of our role function as its tendency to blend with base?


    To me word "seeing" means intuitive perception almost every time.

    I think LII's will subordinate ethics to logic. EII's will subordinate logic to ethics. So for EII's ethical judgment is their relational basis and from there they will arrange relational stuff into a somewhat weak system just to get by.

    It is quite clear to me that they do not cut things through via logical links. They will think relations first and how to arrange them in more systematic way. This is the place where I can seriously make EII's upset by completely cutting through personal relations with words. Which in itself is not the goal but something to be arranged later on...
    Quote Originally Posted by Groucho Marx
    I don’t care to belong to any club that will have me as a member.


    Due to Fi PoLR do not send PM's, please. 50/50 likelihood to get a reply if I'm going to even read your messages. Let's keep things public.

  19. #2539
    Impermanence para's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Where the gaze meets
    TIM
    XLI
    Posts
    837
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @Troll Nr 007
    Definitely not formal logical links as we understand it in socionics. But reasoning isn't objective. It is a self-containing system that makes sense to the person holding it. But i get what you mean, and i agree.
    When the heavens above did not exist,
    And earth beneath had not come into being —
    There was Apsû, the first in order, their begetter,
    And demiurge Tia-mat, who gave birth to them all;
    They had mingled their waters together
    Before meadow-land had coalesced and reed-bed was to he found —
    When not one of the gods had been formed
    Or had come into being, when no destinies had been decreed,
    The gods were created within them:

  20. #2540
    of the sun Karatos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    TIM
    LSI- Se 9w8
    Posts
    1,611
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    There’s a bit of the element of studying humans as if we were bugs or something.
    I've even used this analogy describe my interest in humans.
    "Talent hits a target no one else can hit; genius hits a target no one else can see." - Schopenhauer

  21. #2541

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    10,310
    Mentioned
    932 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    @chriscorey - mb F type, not ILE like she thinks now
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  22. #2542
    Marshmallow Foru-m chriscorey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    At the
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    1,794
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    @chriscorey - mb F type, not ILE like she thinks now
    About which post?
    Amber casts infinity of shadows, and my Avalon had cast many of its own, because of my presence there. I might be known on many earths that I had never trod, for shadows of myself had walked them, mimicking imperfectly my deeds and my thoughts. -Carl Corey(Corwin)CC


    Merlin has a very different personality than his father and, oddly enough considering his upbringing, considers himself to be a "regular guy". He lacks both the ruthlessness and the crudity of Prince Corwin, and seems to be almost allergic to ambition, a rare trait considering his parentage. Merlin has dark hair and light eyes. His colours are purple and gray, although he also uses the blue and gold colours of Berkeley, where he studied Computer Science on Shadow Earth.

  23. #2543

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    10,310
    Mentioned
    932 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chriscorey View Post
    About which post?
    your photos
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  24. #2544
    of the sun Karatos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    TIM
    LSI- Se 9w8
    Posts
    1,611
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @Singu ILI. Alternatively, a Ti PoLR type. But most likely NT gamma.
    "Talent hits a target no one else can hit; genius hits a target no one else can see." - Schopenhauer

  25. #2545
    f.k.a Oprah sbbds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    1,646
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I like Singu too much for him to be gamma NT lol.

  26. #2546
    of the sun Karatos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    TIM
    LSI- Se 9w8
    Posts
    1,611
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    I like Singu too much for him to be gamma NT lol.
    What do you think?
    "Talent hits a target no one else can hit; genius hits a target no one else can see." - Schopenhauer

  27. #2547
    f.k.a Oprah sbbds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    1,646
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A Moderator View Post
    What do you think?
    I think he’s IEI lol. He just likes butting in on more “logical” convo whenever he can. Read his posts carefully and he copies/repeats technical terminology used by others a lot more than he posits original ideas himself like a logician (esp gamma NT) would (although he does try to integrate and pull lots of info he finds together himself).

  28. #2548
    of the sun Karatos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    TIM
    LSI- Se 9w8
    Posts
    1,611
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    I think he’s IEI lol. He just likes butting in on more “logical” convo whenever he can. Read his posts carefully and he copies/repeats technical terminology used by others a lot more than he posits original ideas himself like a logician (esp gamma NT) would (although he does try to integrate and pull lots of info he finds together himself).
    SLE is typing Singu as IEI.

    You know what that means.
    "Talent hits a target no one else can hit; genius hits a target no one else can see." - Schopenhauer

  29. #2549
    f.k.a Oprah sbbds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    1,646
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @BFGDoomer Fi being systematic and categorical is an ancient song from MBTI land.

  30. #2550
    f.k.a Oprah sbbds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    1,646
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A Moderator View Post
    SLE is typing Singu as IEI.

    You know what that means.

  31. #2551
    f.k.a Oprah sbbds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    1,646
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    I like Singu too much for him to be gamma NT lol.
    I guess “like” is not the right word, since I quite like some of the gamma NTs on this site (and in my IRL). A better way to put it would be I feel an extra sense of compatibility and an uncanny appreciation for him, when he’s being high octave and woke.

    When Singu calls people retarded I feel like I’ve come home.

  32. #2552
    Number 9 large's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Baking bread
    TIM
    ESTP 7w8
    Posts
    2,752
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Singu is LSI 6

  33. #2553
    What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Finland
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    1,996
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Singu is probably Normalizing subtype. I don't know his type, but I agree some sort of Ni type seems likely.

  34. #2554
    Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Second story
    TIM
    EIE
    Posts
    3,718
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    Singu is LSI 6
    This could work. His posts are well organized and CP in tone.

    I agree with a lot of what he says, I only disagree on whether it’s worth arguing about.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

    Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

    LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

  35. #2555
    Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Second story
    TIM
    EIE
    Posts
    3,718
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ITT we fight over who gets to be duals with @Singu, who doesn’t believe in duals.

    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

    Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

    LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

  36. #2556
    f.k.a Oprah sbbds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    1,646
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I feel like, for example, squark or peteronfire’s ways of thinking are pretty different from Singu’s...

    For one thing, they are more conclusive and their conclusions are clearly and explicitly supported. Singu’s thinking tends to use a lot of heuristics, or rather he seems to want to try to rely entirely on heuristic thinking to come to conclusions. To me this is a feature of Ti HA.

  37. #2557
    Ragdoll Lynx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    TIM
    0-D ISTp sx/sp
    Posts
    2,660
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    I agree with IEI for him. I can't see anything else actually.

  38. #2558
    aka Feathers, Penny Dreadful Baboooshka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Behind your tonsils
    TIM
    4 so/sx strigoi
    Posts
    768
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Same.

    Although I honestly never read his posts. I think I've read more Bertrand posts than Singu posts overall. But from the little I've gathered so far, I E I is sound.
    His posts have the rabbit-holey quality of a rabbit-hole that doesn't house a wonderland at the end, but a solid bed of rocks that make me regret going down in the first place because ow my bum is bleeding and i think i have a concussion now as well.

    1/10, needs more hatters, madness, floating cat heads and tea parties.
    469 so/sx

    “It may help to understand human affairs to be clear that most of the great triumphs and tragedies of history are caused, not by people being fundamentally good or fundamentally bad, but by people being fundamentally people.”

  39. #2559
    Kill4Me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Posts
    2,297
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    New Addition: Vers

    I have not seen fit to revise any typings. I am sure on all of these. The list just keeps getting bigger and bigger. New Additions are on the way.

    ILE-Ti: Myst, Transkar, LuchoisLurking, JWC3, MadCity, Troll NR 007, Falsehope
    ILE-Ne: Geneiouws, Lagerdemon, Cubazoan, Nickelslick, Hitta

    ESE-Fi: Chipsnunderwear, Suz, Inumbra, Subteigh, Kalinoche, FlutteringShyx, Mrrrmaid
    ESE-Si: Mu4, Wacey, Xerx, Esaman, KrigtheViking, Hacim, Little Timmy

    LII-Ti: N0ki/Zap, Muddy, Reactance, User Name, Bertrand
    LII-Ne: Kimuchi/kimu, Zero,
    Vers

    SEI-Si: johannesbloem, chriscorey, the whole English
    SEI-Fe: BnD, crazedrat, dinky, Neokortex, Pallas Athena

    SLE-Se: herzy, mercutio, ananke, idontgiveaf
    SLE-Ti: agee, kill4me

    LSI-Se: Spider, Missbabydoll, Pole, Aramas
    LSI-Ti: Rocky

    IEI-Fe: Allie, Pink, SisofNight, Cassandra, Fay, Summer Princess
    IEI-Ni: Starfall/Fox, Glam, Elina, Strrrng, Velvet, Penny Dreadful

    EIE-Fe: Cuivienen
    EIE-Ni: Gilly, Darya, Bain, Sarinana

    SEE-Se: Woofwoofl, Handjob, Number9Large
    SEE-Fi: Lucas, Aquagraph, Chae, Vogue Paris, Totalize, Schwiftyrickity

    LIE-Ni: Ineffable, Moonraker, Avebury
    LIE-Te: Ashton, FDG, Expat, Invisiblehim, Narc, Anglas

    ESI-Se: DiscoJoe, EJArendee, Jet City Woman, MisterNi, Scarletluxx, Amber/Rosewood, Strangeling
    ESI-Fi: Lungs, Golden, Ouronis, Radio, Suedehead, Galen, Kore/Persephone, Delilah, the Locust, Saiorse

    ILI-Ni: Scapegrace, Korpsey, Krieger, Cpig, InvisibleJim
    ILI-Te: Marie, Mensupermateriam, Aestrivex, Crispy, Soupman

    SLI-Si: Words, Stray, Scarper, LuminousLynx
    SLI-Te: kim, daft punk, directorabbie, pookie, Jessica, may, supremacist

    LSE-Te: Absurd, JimBean
    LSE-Si: William, JackOliverAaron/Echidna1000, BurningIce, Timmy, Smilingeyes, Laurie’s Crusader, Viktor

    IEE-Ne: Elizathomason, UDP, Sapphire, Syrup De Gem, Pinoline, Azbestos, Nanashi
    IEE-Fi: Finale, Airman/airborne, Adam Strange, Prince Andrei, Niffer

    EII-Ne: Aylen, Epheme, Wasp
    EII-Fi: maritsa/beautiful sky, zero, mikemex, IBTL, contra, sol, suintal/silke, tela/arachne, Olimpia, thehotelambush, Yaaroslav

  40. #2560
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    675
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ya I made the list as ESE again. I'm not, but still amusing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •