Page 51 of 199 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,040 of 7936

Thread: Your typing of forum members

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    That's Fi that does the filtering there.
    Fi doesnt do logical filtering idiot

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    Fi doesnt do logical filtering idiot
    Filtering by credibility needn't be logical, idiot

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Filtering by credibility needn't be logical, idiot
    Yes it does, credibility is a Te thing

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Yes it does, credibility is a Te thing
    Good luck proving that credibility is a Te thing.

Filtering is still an introverted way of dealing with information.....

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Te likes to get facts from outside sources. Hmmm outside sources... credibility... you put the link with ur ne polr

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Te likes to get facts from outside sources. Hmmm outside sources... credibility... you put the link with ur ne polr
    Self types as ENTP. Yet:

Does not bother to use the correct punctuation and syntax in a secondary language as this would take too long and why bother to observe anal-retentive rules that restrict personal expression anyway. Makes simplistic binary assumption about the nature of information gathering, assuming that all Ti knowledge is internally derived without any reference to external connections (which would be like living in a cave without any light).

Weak Ti indicated. Most likely a Victim of some sort due to his stated attraction for MILFs. This is typical of the low Sensing F types, who wish to be sexually dominated by older, more experienced partners

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Spermatozoa View Post
    Self types as ENTP. Yet:

Does not bother to use the correct punctuation and syntax in a secondary language as this would take too long and why bother to observe anal-retentive rules that restrict personal expression anyway. Makes simplistic binary assumption about the nature of information gathering, assuming that all Ti knowledge is internally derived without any reference to external connections (which would be like living in a cave without any light).

Weak Ti indicated. Most likely a Victim of some sort due to his stated attraction for MILFs. This is typical of the low Sensing F types, who wish to be sexually dominated by older, more experienced partners
    Isn't that what you want
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Self types as ENTP. Yet:

At least i lost my virginity

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpia View Post
    Isn't that what you want
    You are too predictable.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

You are too predictable.
    You too

I knew you'd respond to my comment right away haha

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

At least i lost my virginity
    ^

Observe this power play by n9, an appeal to popularity and status. He claims his opponent is a virgin to increase his standing in the eyes of others. This is a classic tactic of Beta NFs, who are too poor in Logic (Ti) to recognise that this claim is unprovable and hence unwise to make, but who nonetheless feel compelled to compete with others for power, especially if male. Olimpia attempts a similar tactic in a more subtle manner, and accuses Spermatozoa of projection for proposing a concept that clashes with preconceived notions of who is high or low in the Beta hierarchy...this is her "shit test", or attempt to assess whether she should alter her position.

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You too

I knew you'd respond to my comment right away haha
    So you knew when I would respond, but not what I'd say when I did.

Whereas I knew what you would say, but not when you would say it.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

^

Observe this power play by n9, an appeal to popularity and status. He claims his opponent is a virgin to increase his standing in the eyes of others. This is a classic tactic of Beta NFs, who are too poor in Logic (Ti) to recognise that this claim is unprovable and hence unwise to make, but who nonetheless feel compelled to compete with others for power, especially if male. Olimpia attempts a similar tactic in a more subtle manner, and accuses Spermatozoa of projection for proposing a concept that clashes with preconceived notions of who is high or low in the Beta hierarchy...this is her "shit test", or attempt to assess whether she should alter her position.
    Dat Ti Role is outta control

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Fi leads being Te seeking are gonna filter for credibility, or at least literally... seek it out.

Surely they are Ji lead, but that doesn't mean that what they are looking for isn't Te-related.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Dat Ti Role is outta control
    Why?

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

^

Look at me i talk in third person

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Fi leads being Te seeking are gonna filter for credibility, or at least literally... seek it out.
    Sure but Myst's point is that both Ti and Fi filter. Both functions could come to the same conclusion; the difference between them is in how they came to it.

Ti filters the idea or object according to its invented categories and rules. A good example would be that in music, in the tonal system the position of a note may be rejected as disharmonious/incorrect (in other words, rejected) if it leads to consecutive dissonances. The intervals defined as "dissonant" are made clear in the rules of the system, but which intervals are defined as such is still a subjective decision, albeit one created by Ti to give structure to the Ne ideas, ordering them in space. You could use a different system which might allow this but impose different restrictions in other areas.

So a distinction to make would be that the system itself is not correct or incorrect (it is after all subject to revision), but the individual axioms that comprise it are either correct or incorrect, much like a set of mathematical formulae.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^

I mean sure, it's one way to look at it, and I'm not saying this is entirely without a logical structure, but maybe some people just had enough of the constant sexual topics about dominance, male power plays and this weird sexual darwinistic thing, bodily fluids, slutty IEIs and whatnots, etc. that come up many times due to projection and constantly being horny. (Here I'd like to point out that no, sexual topics don't bother me, but I feel like I'm looking at a whole theatre of someone's struggles, someone who never seems to ever address any issues himself).

Besides that, I'm not saying in some of your post there is no truth (at least from my point of view, I understood in a few of these good points you made), or that nothing ever makes sense. But to be honest, sometimes I think you are trolling with the constantly sexually oversaturated thematics which leaves me baffled a bit, and it started to become incredibly awkward. I don't know about the conflicts of you two, but "Olimpia ate horse cock" was really one of the lowest demonstration of this, and passive-agressive AF.
    Last edited by 0i0; 07-31-2018 at 11:51 AM.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Exactly, Te gets facts from outside sources, determining credibility for the reason of selectivity requires an introverted filter. There is the link you've been missing.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Self types as ENTP. Yet:

Lool he's just a stupid troll.

Not the ILE style of trolling either.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Exactly, Te gets facts from outside sources, determining credibility for the reason of selectivity requires an introverted filter. There is the link you've been missing.
    i dont think you know what credibility means

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

i dont think you know what credibility means
    Prove that I don't know, good luck, bye idiot. (If you can't tell, I have about zero respect for you. It's very rare that I'm willing to call someone an idiot openly and esp in public.)

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Prove that I don't know, good luck, bye idiot. (If you can't tell, I have about zero respect for you. It's very rare that I'm willing to call someone an idiot openly and esp in public.)
    oh no

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Avebury, the “popularity” vs “principle” argument can be illuminated by a knowledge of Socionics. It is basically an Fe vs Fi debate.

If you ask yourself which is better, to criticize that one whack job who is always disagreeing with rules that society has agreed makes it possible to live together, or to stand on your principles regardless of what everyone else is telling you, depends strongly on whether you value Fe (group values) or Fi (personal values).

Note which types are making which arguments above.

Personally, I believe that most philosophies come down to valuing one IE or another.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

a record that sells a lot of copies is objectively good according to both Te and Fe

whether its bad because I personally judge it so and that is the deciding factor is Ti Fi

in other words, people can come down on either side from any quadra. its actually the basis for projections and misunderstanding. one person says its "objectively good" and they mean it in a Te sense, and the other person takes it in a Fe sense and thinks thats rubbish and counters with Ti reasons "its musically unsophisticated, the system is rigged, consumers are automatons that buy whatever their corporate masters push".. Te type thinks they're getting Fi and is like "that's just your personal sentiment" when Ti may actually have thinking reasons for their position

alternatively one person says its "objectively good" because it brought a lot of joy to a lot of people, so in a Fe sense: like spice girls. Person thinks they're getting Te and responds with Fi saying "just because it inspired a lot girls with girl power doesn't make it objectively good, the actual quality of the music is insincere, its been done before, it would have been better if they spent the same amount of money on something else" etc. Fe valuer takes the Fi as Ti and thinks Fi person is advocating some kind of ideological formula which all music should be subjected to in order to be considered good, etc etc

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    @Avebury, the “popularity” vs “principle” argument can be illuminated by a knowledge of Socionics. It is basically an Fe vs Fi debate.

If you ask yourself which is better, to criticize that one whack job who is always disagreeing with rules that society has agreed makes it possible to live together, or to stand on your principles regardless of what everyone else is telling you, depends strongly on whether you value Fe (group values) or Fi (personal values).
    No man. . . . just no.

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    a record that sells a lot of copies is objectively good according to both Te and Fe
    Sure, a record is objectively "good" if it makes a lot of money. But you can judge success by more factors than just how much money is made from the record, and it is also true that a recording can make a lot of money and make a lot of people feel great, and still be kind of crap when you analyze it musically. But then of course you do need to be able to sell your work in order to survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    in other words, people can come down on either side from any quadra. its actually the basis for projections and misunderstanding. one person says its "objectively good" and they mean it in a Te sense, and the other person takes it in a Fe sense and thinks thats rubbish and counters with Ti reasons "its musically unsophisticated, the system is rigged, consumers are automatons that buy whatever their corporate masters push".. Te type thinks they're getting Fi and is like "that's just your personal sentiment" when Ti may actually have thinking reasons for their position.

alternatively one person says its "objectively good" because it brought a lot of joy to a lot of people, so in a Fe sense: like spice girls. Person thinks they're getting Te and responds with Fi saying "just because it inspired a lot girls with girl power doesn't make it objectively good, the actual quality of the music is insincere, its been done before, it would have been better if they spent the same amount of money on something else" etc. Fe valuer takes the Fi as Ti and thinks Fi person is advocating some kind of ideological formula which all music should be subjected to in order to be considered good, etc etc
    Yes, I agree with this.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Personally, I believe that most philosophies come down to valuing one IE or another.
    I actually agree with Bertrand here.

Let me explain.

I think introverted rationality is more abstract. will indeed judge value by popularity, whereas will judge values by a subjective value system, which you could call principles. However, will judge by facts, whereas will also judge by principles. Are and the same information, then? Not at all, because will judge by what it considers "logically sound" or "just" whereas will judge by its personal value system "that behavior repels me". They both judge principles though, but they are not the same IE.

My argument 99 vs 1 was not really about principles, since principles are subjective. What I meant was simply that people believing in something, not necessarily valuing it in an sense, but believing in it, does not it make it true. For example, at some point in history the majority of people believed the earth was flat and that the sun revolved around the earth. This is objectively false by today's knowledge, but Galileo was forced to recant his "beliefs" at the time. That did not make him wrong.

Basically, I think principles comes down to introverted rationality, whereas objective judgements come down to extroverted rationality. Yes, is objective, it just deals with information that affects people, whereas is impersonal object-related information. Jung already pointed out the problem of how ethics/feeling is "subjective" but how introvertsion is also "subjective" so our language is really defective when it comes to expressing the functions, since the meaning of the words "subjective" and objective" in this case overlap. "Objective" can mean impersonal information, or it can mean the objective world. "Subjective" can mean personal information, or it can mean the subjective (inner) world.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crAck View Post
    first: his sex jokes dont bother me at all. he just annoys me sometimes because [see below], so i asked the Q.

("see below") second: wait. me, rabbitholes? well, different kind i guess, i can see it, but thats what annoys me about sperma and his type otherwise. for example: see his weird ass reason-theory for why n9 isnt an ILE. i mean, its obvious to me n9 isnt an ILE, whats with sperms penis-stroking of Ti like hes some god damn genius? annoying.

that said, sorry, sperm, dont feel bad. we all have our own fixations as we develop (i.e. we are different types). as for you, myst: absolutely no offense taken.
    Ok cool if no offense taken

I didn't see the post about n9's type.

or maybe he hasnt accepted his fe ha. it comes with time you know (see my last post) and in some people isnt accepted as much as others after age (e.g. subtype influence - see myst, who claims se-lsi, who rejects ni ie "rabbitholes" (se<-->ni)). 2c, fucking off now.
    Oh I don't call all Ni stuff rabbitholey, some Ni is really really great to me, I just call conceptual reasoning without any way to make an anchor from it to tangible things rabbitholey.

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

first: his sex jokes dont bother me at all. he just annoys me sometimes because [see below], so i asked the Q.

("see below") second: wait. me, rabbitholes? well, different kind i guess, i can see it, but thats what annoys me about sperma and his type otherwise. for example: see his weird ass reason-theory for why n9 isnt an ILE. i mean, its obvious to me n9 isnt an ILE, whats with sperms penis-stroking of Ti like hes some god damn genius? annoying.
    Some people actually have to work to make no sense, but you manage to do so without any effort whatsoever.

that said, sorry, sperm, dont feel bad. we all have our own fixations as we develop (i.e. we are different types). as for you, myst: absolutely no offense taken.
    So are you sorry for me or are you not? Make up your mind!

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reyne View Post
    I typed LII before the argument. And if I wanted to type as your mirror, I wouldn't type LII, believe me.

I'm going to reveal a very shocking truth to you: the world doesn't revolve around you. That's a truth a lot of high Fi users seem to ignore. And you really think your logic is stronger than mine? I accept it. If it makes you happy type yourself as ENTP, but I underline again the fact that your arguments are (and have always been) utter shit.

After this I'll just let you scream like a child. It would be more interesting to talk with a wall. Watching you ridicule yourself has been fun for a very short time. You're too monotonous.
    You think fi user now?cool. Which one

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    You mean specifically for LSEs? If someone presents a skeptical attitude towards new possibilities or ideas the LSE is likely to respond with "naive" positivity or reasons why "everything will work out just fine" - the polar opposite of LSIs who are prone to find doom and gloom in the unknown.

We respond with the conflicting element because it applies to the same domain. Of course, if you don't feel the need to defend your actions / understanding to someone else then you don't have to respond to them. But people often do, and the mobilizing function can be particularly headstrong, so to speak.
    Thanks, I see what you mean, and why an LSE could respond in an Ne-like way. In practice I’ve seen that kind of response framed as “But don’t you think [positive possible outcome?],” answer no, stalemate. The statement there from an LSE is more like prompting for Ne input to reinforce an Ne-oriented view imo.

I’ve also seen blank responses as if I said nothing, and Te responses about what should be done in a practical sense.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't entirely disagree with the distinction you're drawing here, but very often that "one whack job" is arguing from Ti, rather than Fi (see the Unabomber or Julian Assange or any number of strongly principled Beta activists). Fi vs Fe is more like "doing your own thing even though it goes against how society expects you to be".

edit: @Avebury kinda already said this "I think principles comes down to introverted rationality".

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the “popularity” vs “principle” argument can be illuminated by a knowledge of Socionics. It is basically an Fe vs Fi debate.

Not so simple.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ever have a rope or cord that you coil and set aside for later use? One day, you go to use the rope and for whatever reason it has become a big fucking ball of knots. "How did this happen?" you say to yourself. "I haven't even used it!" Then, you realize that shit just gets more knotted over time. At some point, you moved something next to the coil, or set something on top of it, or moved the coil to another location, which caught on something else. It all escaped your attention. Over time, the knots slowly formed as if they tied themselves. But they didn't tie themselves. There were reasons for it, even if you don't know what they were, exactly. Socionics is a lot like this fucking knotted coil. It is useless unless you take the time to untangle the knots that have evolved over time. ~translated from Nebulenko

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nebula View Post
    Ever have a rope or cord that you coil and set aside for later use? One day, you go to use the rope and for whatever reason it has become a big fucking ball of knots. "How did this happen?" you say to yourself. "I haven't even used it!" Then, you realize that shit just gets more knotted over time. At some point, you moved something next to the coil, or set something on top of it, or moved the coil to another location, which caught on something else. It all escaped your attention. Over time, the knots slowly formed as if they tied themselves. But they didn't tie themselves. There were reasons for it, even if you don't know what they were, exactly. Socionics is a lot like this fucking knotted coil. It is useless unless you take the time to untangle the knots that have evolved over time. ~translated from Nebulenko
    I've got to admit I expected someone to hang himself at the end of your story.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Teapot View Post
    I've got to admit I expected someone to hang himself at the end of your story.
    I'm sorry, but the rest of the story hasn't been translated yet.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nebula View Post
    I'd like to think we are untangling the knot, slowly but surely.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

@Avebury mb ILI
    speculative metaphorical thinking. boring talking style

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    Thanks, I see what you mean, and why an LSE could respond in an Ne-like way. In practice I’ve seen that kind of response framed as “But don’t you think [positive possible outcome?],” answer no, stalemate. The statement there from an LSE is more like prompting for Ne input to reinforce an Ne-oriented view imo.

I’ve also seen blank responses as if I said nothing, and Te responses about what should be done in a practical sense.
    The LSE says "But don’t you think [positive possible outcome?]", and then you say "no", or is this not what you meant?