Page 50 of 199 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 2,000 of 7939

Thread: Your typing of forum members

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    No. An LSE will respond to Ni not with "rationality" but with Ne. The basic conflict here is between Vulnerable and Mobilizing.

Ni is about constraining, Ne is about expanding (possibilities). LSEs have a strong preference for the latter, as do ESEs. What you're saying is the exact opposite of this. Rationality has nothing to do with it.
    lol this is exactly what im talking about. you're making Ne about unmitigated acceptance of expanding possibilities, when its more about perception of expanding possibilities, it can easily be perceiving possibilities and finding them threatening in that they don't fit into the model, which is what you're doing here. what you are demonstrating is a kind of sympatico with LSE because you view similar things as threats, which is essentially anything that contradicts the rational model in the form of Ni. your recourse is to define it out of existence and insist on the model. Ne has been wholly made a servant of the rational model and it is a joke to suggest then, as a consequence of the model, it is about absolute acceptance of possibilities, as if it weren't a slave because the model says it isn't. you are in fact the one who has turned things upside down. because like LSE the perception has been subordinated to the "order of things", except in your special case, you've defined Ne valuing as being above such petty weaknesses. which is ironic, but typical. the model doesn't make it real, it just makes them foolish inasmuch as they insist on it at the expense of reality. in any case ESE is the one who gets excited over possibilities for their own sake. are we really going to pretend base thinking types don't get caught up in the conception of things and the resulting formulas at the expense of the true situation, simply because they value Ne, as if Ne isn't precisely the pernicious servant to such a process, when in any position but the dominant one. this is just another mode of "Te is objective and therefore correct" except its "Ne is open and therefore not rigid"--it cuts out all the contextualizing factors that offset this ridiculously one dimensional statement. base rationality is irreducibly rigid. its a basic tenent of socionics right down to how they physically hold themselves. to say its not a different kind of rigid is like absurd on its face without even going into the details. its more rigid by definition in comparison to the perceiving types, thus they're all on the rigid side. what remains is only the distinguishing character of that rigidity. the fact that you happen to find that character agreeable does not objectively shift its position with respect to rigidity. although you have made an impressive effort to that end. rationality has everything to do with it. QED
    Last edited by Bertrand; 07-28-2018 at 07:27 PM.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    lol this is exactly what im talking about. you're making Ne about unmitigated acceptance of expanding possibilities, when its more about perception of expanding possibilities, it can easily be perceiving possibilities and finding them threatening in that they don't fit into the model, which is what you're doing here.
    Only Ti does that kind of modeling of systems, Te doesn't. I.e. facts and yes possibilities too have to fit the model. That's Ti, and I'm not going to repeat that again.

the fact that you happen to find that character agreeable does not objectively shift its position with respect to rigidity. although you have made an impressive effort to that end. rationality has everything to do with it. QED
    QED lol...? Thehotelambush does not go by feelings like you do in forming conclusions.

And go look at how real LSEs are actually open to Ne, not just ESEs.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

people are just thinking about it the wrong way, "rigid in a different way' is precisely that--try going into a situation where time is a constraint with LSE and tell me they're not rigid. people are presumably thinking about scenarios where LSI would be rigid and LSE wouldn't, but forgetting about all the other ones, because they're scenarios they tend to be comfortable with, which is more a product of ITR (by this I mean LII is precisely about managing time on their behalf). rigidity is associated with 2 things: rationality and norms. in the case of LSE if the time sense is inadequate the idea of "going by the clock" or the schedule, or the plan, is precisely the norm they fall back on "the gun should fire in the second act" is a Ne statement. the idea that only feeling types can be subjective or biased is antithetical to the most basic lesson of socionics. its precisely because people are subjective and biased that they can distort rigidity as only being a factor in situations they personally envision as being probable and unpleasant, which presupposes them at the center of it. to devise a whole system around it is nothing more than a gloss on "I personaly don't find LSE as rigid", when that is not the meaning on rigid. To say this bias is not in play is to assume that thinking is stepping outside of your perspective in a psychological sense, when thinking is really just a particular psychological state. its to short shrift the real insight to jung and socionics and replace it with a self aggrandizing structure based on one's own ego. to say "It's a misconception that they're just a different type of rigid whatever that means." is more like a statement of precisely this sort of guilt, which is to favor oneself and one's buddies and admit you don't even understand what's going on at the same time. As if the whole concept is somehow inconceivable. "whatever that means"--"x is like y, only distinguishable as a matter of perspective" is like the meaning of socionics itself, so its no wonder the bush devised an entire system to replace it, because apparently jettisoning this exact principle is the salient difference between the two models

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

@Bertrand you are still not about thehotel's actual point, which was about how Ni is limiting and Ne is expanding, and while Rationality takes the dominant role, you can get an LSI to accept intuitive ideas via Ni, but not directly via Ne and vice versa for LSE. In practice I find it plays out as LSE being open to play around with more ideas and overall being more noncommittal about what's true/correct (devalued Ti and Ni, Te and Ne not limiting at all in this area).

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

yeah exactly, you find. its %100 a product of the ideas you're running by them. do you think EIE finds LSE or LSI more open when it comes to exploring certain ideas. like I said this entire mode of analysis as to what constitutes rigidity is just ITR. the idea that you can't have got it wrong because mistakes arising out of bias are for feelers is just an annoying aside, as if possible bias didn't exist across every dimension including thinking itself, not to mention perception. in any case this argument is stupid precisely for this reason, how do you convince someone their personal way of looking at other types is a matter of perspective if they somehow think they're above it. if you want to reserve for yourself the godlike role of the "creator" as master of the model and not subject to it, the arrogance has already reached critical mass so I don't know why I bother (the great thing about Jung, which gave him real integrity is he didn't even "own" his own model in this way, in fact he routinely disowned it). these are precisely the kinds of judgements Singu is right to critique as being merely ultimately baseless, albeit well articulated, prejudice, not insight

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    yeah exactly, you find. its %100 a product of the ideas you're running by them. do you think EIE finds LSE or LSI more open when it comes to exploring certain ideas. like I said this entire mode of analysis as to what constitutes rigidity is just ITR. the idea that you can't have got it wrong because mistakes arising out of bias are for feelers is just an annoying aside, as if possible bias didn't exist across every dimension including thinking itself, not to mention perception. in any case this argument is stupid precisely for this reason, how do you convince someone their personal way of looking at other types is a matter of perspective if they somehow think they're above it. if you want to reserve for yourself the godlike role of the "creator" as master of the model and not subject to it, the arrogance has already reached critical mass so I don't know why I bother (the great thing about Jung, which gave him real integrity is he didn't even "own" his own model in this way, in fact he routinely disowned it). these are precisely the kinds of judgements Singu is right to critique as being merely ultimately baseless, albeit well articulated, prejudice, not insight
    I simply said that you are mistaken if you think thehotel based the reasoning in feelings so that part of your response was very misguided.

This is very different from claiming that only Feelers can be biased.

I don't think what I said depends on ITR. Since Ni and Ti are limiting compared to Ne and Te, yeah LSI does take in fewer ideas.

As for creating models, no one forbids you from doing so. Go on, enjoy.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No. An LSE will respond to Ni not with "rationality" but with Ne. The basic conflict here is between Vulnerable and Mobilizing.

Ni is about constraining, Ne is about expanding (possibilities). LSEs have a strong preference for the latter, as do ESEs. What you're saying is the exact opposite of this. Rationality has nothing to do with it.
    I can see what you’re saying, but I’m not sure why the LSE would respond with Ne when faced with Ni, versus respond with something else or just ... not respond. Could you explain why? I do think that people can compensate in general for their polr with the HA, just based on observation, but I’m not sure how this works in the specific instance where they are confronted with the polr IE.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crAck View Post
    However, when we consider it's Sol, and definitionally Te Base has 'Limiting Ti', Sol marking his line in the sand and being firm with it perfectly fits LSE. That is: Sol claims to be a typing master, so because he has Limiting Ti, he's just not open to critical analysis.
    This doesn't say how this is different from the Ne PoLR version of marking the line in the sand and not being open to analysing more possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    I can see what you’re saying, but I’m not sure why the LSE would respond with Ne when faced with Ni, versus respond with something else or just ... not respond. Could you explain why? I do think that people can compensate in general for their polr with the HA, just based on observation, but I’m not sure how this works in the specific instance where they are confronted with the polr IE.
    I find I compensate way more readily with the Creative, which obviously makes sense as it's an easily accessible Ego function. Idk where you saw Sol respond with Ne to Ni?

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

I did not say it was definitely one-way-not-the-other. My comment was a mere caution signal. The quote fits Ne PoLR, but it isn't un-LSE either.
    Oh certainly I've seen LSEs not being open to input but I've seen differences in how they do that. Either peacefully going on with what they were saying, and sounding noncommittal in that way, or being loud and completely ignoring everything (usually I've seen the noncommittal polite side though). When Sol ignores things I don't see him being loudly emotional like that even if I have seen him lose objectivity in his judgments lol - nor noncommittal when he does respond.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's Ti that Sol is rejecting, not Ni or Ne. His method itself employs Ne and Fi in it's usage. In other words, you have to use both Ne and Fi to use his video-typing ITR test.

And the rejection of Ti is more along the lines of just favoring Te over Ti rather than some kind of polr hit or something. In other words, he's saying, "Use my method for the best results" and "don't get caught up in useless theory and explanations"

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Who thinks Adam is an SLE? Vote: https://www.strawpoll.me/16168188
    not all the men who doesnt know how to treat women are SLE.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    I find I compensate way more readily with the Creative, which obviously makes sense as it's an easily accessible Ego function. Idk where you saw Sol respond with Ne to Ni?
    I didn’t, my understanding was that hotel asserted an LSE or ESE would respond to Ni with Ne. I may have misunderstood, but anyway I was trying to figure out why and how that would work.

My opinion is that in a long-term, general sense, development of the HA could mitigate the polr somewhat. But I don’t know how that would happen in a live polr situation and I had the thought that the ego is usually doing stuff so why wouldn’t it just keep going, why would someone revert to a less confident function?
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Who thinks Adam is an SLE? Vote: https://www.strawpoll.me/16168188
    I think I was the most outspoken, if not lone, proponent of this theory, but I don't think its worth pursuing anymore. whatever I was seeing, it does not seem to be so straightforward. im not saying adam can't be SLE, but just that, I honestly don't want to commit to anything because I am not sure base type is something you can just assign to someone, either yea or nay. I think I have come to understand Jung's theory of therapy, with type being a kind of subsidiary, which is you haven't found the truth until both patient and therapist are satisfied with the solution, because its only in that kind of acceptance will whatever plan or idea really have the potential to be acted on. in this way, we can assign types in our head as a form of provisionally getting our bearings on the situation, but we need to always be open to revising it and improving it in order to better the situation. this includes being willing to bring our understanding in line with that of the outer world, especially in the form of other people, if we want to meaningfully interact over time with them. this doesn't mean raw capitulation but it means integrating feedback is an indispensable part of moving forward and not stagnating. in that respect I think my typing of Adam was based on axioms I no longer really hold, and even though it means revising my sense of what gamma represents, perhaps that is good and proper. I think I had an overly idealized and crystaline image of quadra which was in turn distorting and displacing everyone that did not comport with that image. in effect there is a system wherein adam is SLE, but it may not be one that is useful for communicating with anyone because it is its own self contained, albeit internally consistent, system with the fatal flaw that it has no way to link itself to the current situation on the ground as other people see it. until there is something to break that stalemate via objective sensory means, there is no reason to die on that hill when so much progress elsewhere remains to be made. another way to think about it is, perhaps adam is so SLE it is now simply that SLE = LIE and it is mission accomplished, even gulenko seems to allow for this in incorporating certain mbti'sms and so forth in recognition of their sheer intractability and relative unimportance in light of what all there remains to accomplish. in essence ideological purity for its own sake can simply become an impediment to moving forward and there's no reason to get hung up on individual's type past a certain point. ultimately its the big picture that matters. the entire concept of a person having one type, sticking to it, and essentially representing that type, seems to me to be a flawed premise, but one that is anchored in assigning the types names and faces, that at the time may have been a necessary evil but has revealed itself to have certain and significant costs as well. in the final analysis there is room for anyone to claim whatever they want, because the label is just that, its the introspective process of development, of which the label is just a starting point, that really matters. and where one starts is somewhat trivial in light of actually getting started and undertaking the journey itself. socionics is often hung up on precisely this first step, when I think it is not as important as it has been believed, and I was mistaken for falling into that same trap. for some, that is a game they will spend their whole life preoccupied with, but that is not how I want to end up
    Last edited by Bertrand; 07-29-2018 at 12:39 AM.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very easy to get caught up in typing to "git gud" in the beginning. It's acddictive to some, it's addictive to be right, we are looking for some truth to make the world fit and behave.
    World wants none of this.
    One can even push so far as to hurt relationships with assumptions, not being able to change subject and making people uncomfortable by trying to get in their head, asking too many personal questions.
    It becomes a challenge, a war to be right, yet which remains is what's left after the dust falls off, not the right.
    What purpose does it serve to be right anyway? No idea, but when two people who are right meet, they better have the same opinion!
    Beware of the clash of titans.

Typing is difficult, takes time and understanding from both side, from the heart, the mind, for the relationship.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

typing is easy, ppl are difficult.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's difficult about people?

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

That full grown adults take the forum and being typed so seriously.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

An LSE will respond with Si and Te cuz those are his ego functions

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

@Aki is not "TIM EII-3Ne"

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reyne View Post
    Yeah, she got no super-ego relationship with you.
    she seems too agitated for EII. I do not exclude Fe types, including superego still.

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I guess Reyne's spoiler didn't work.
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    she seems too agitated for EII. I do not exclude Fe types, including superego still.
    how likely is it that there is an abundance of Fe egos on this website and approximately zero EIIs? i just dont think its likely

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reyne View Post
    Yeah, she got no super-ego relationship with you.

I'm kidding.
    I'm his dual but he doesnt know it (yet)

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

What a shitfest.

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This forum is a group of people coming together for the common good of socionics, hence it has a heavy focus on Fe. Fi types wouldn't be so silly as to expose themselves here.
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The makeup of the forum has varied a lot in the few years I've been here. The predominant types at any one time seem to be fairly random, other than IEI's being very well-represented and ESE's and LSE's being very scarce.

There seem to be a lot of EII's right now. Earlier, there were more ESI's who were active.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Feathers View Post
    This forum is a group of people coming together for the common good of socionics, hence it has a heavy focus on Fe. Fi types wouldn't be so silly as to expose themselves here.
    All Fi females are nuns like mother Teresa and live in cloisters so they don't hang around here. If sol aspire to get some dualization he should become a priest. The rest of females in the world are Fe types.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aki View Post
    All Fi females are nuns like mother Teresa and live in cloisters so they don't hang around here. If sol aspire to get some dualization he should become a priest. The rest of females in the world are Fe types.
    Lol. Life is tough for LSE's.

IME, Fi-dom females are a wide mix. Here is a pic of an ESI-Fi, https://i.imgur.com/905GrOy.jpg
    and here is a pic of an ESI-Se. https://i.imgur.com/G2GDMSx.jpg

If you spend the slightest amount of time looking for Fi-doms, you can find these types and anything in between. If @Sol is having a hard time finding EII's, it might be that he has his blocking filters turned up too high.

I have to admit, I shared with Sol a certain reticence at approaching duals. I felt that I was pretty far outside of my comfort zone when around Fi-doms and therefore kept them at a distance.

I've said before that Fi commits pretty hard. Even 1D Fi does this. I waited until I was 25 to sleep with a woman because I just felt that I'd be completely committed to the first girl I slept with. Fortunately, an LSI was able to to dissuade me from that misconception, while simultaneously demonstrating the incredible benefits of dual Se/Ni and a shared Aggressor-Victim axis.

Too bad I didn't understand that last part better when I met my SLI ex-wife.

What helped me a lot with dating ESI's was to take very small steps forward. I was also aided by knowing and liking both of the women in the pictures above before I figured out that they were duals, so the concept of duality became a bit less scary. I enjoyed duality's benefits (mental comfort, shared values, etc.) before my anxiety about making an irrevocable commitment was able to get control of my feet to make me run away.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are other factors that can make one open about sharing experience, feelings, seeming open.
    First is choosing to do so. The choice of making parts of one's story available to others so they can learn and grow from it. Realizing we have received a lot in those tern and wanting to share too.
    Second would be emotional maturity. Just being able to talk about stuff like honest feelings, thoughts, looking for good communication.
    Third, emotional immaturity, making people prone to say anything, complain, say things they regret, don't mean in order to have attention. It's symptomatique of being unable to express what truly hurts inside IME, likely by being unaware of it, or not finding words/time, not wanting to for fear.

Personaly, I know people who wants feeling talks so much they can impose it on others and be pushy af, perhaps to feel useful, helpful, on the same page, yet I consider this immature and impolite.

Everyone has feelings and everyone can be in a place where talking about those happens, either to mask an other problem or by choice... even by purely breaking apart.
    You will never be heard if you do not dare speak up.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eko View Post
    how likely is it that there is an abundance of Fe egos on this website and approximately zero EIIs?
    I type to concrete types mostly by videos. Not many people put them to be typed. Introverts do it lesser. Among introverts EII are only 1/8. Also mb EII need lesser the help in typing, as Socionics is mostly about Fi and Ne - their ego functions. This reduces the chances I could typed someone to EII.

Aki may put her video. Mb I'll type to EII her. Mb she's just very strange EII because of nontypes factors.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

I type to concrete types mostly by videos. Not many people put them to be typed. Introverts do it lesser. Among introverts EII are only 1/8. Also mb EII need lesser the help in typing, as Socionics is mostly about Fi and Ne - their ego functions. This reduces the chances I could typed someone to EII.

Aki may put her video. Mb I'll type to EII her. Mb she's just very strange EII because of nontypes factors.
    ok, well maybe that means you shouldnt type people as much as you do before youve seen the people in action
    im not protecting this person i dont know anything about them but it just looks funny when you immedietly discard te people typed EII here because they act slightly rude, or whatever it is you pick up on

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Life is tough for LSE's.
    it's reciprocal

> If you spend the slightest amount of time looking for Fi-doms, you can find these types and anything in between.

I noticed ESI in quantity in public places in recent time. Possible EII saw too. One of them yesterday on a street, for example. Young, but tired, not so pretty and without good dress to pay her more attention. EII have lesser of that open sexual appeal to attract the attention of men, seems they afraid to be provoking. Also EII are lesser likely to be where I may see them clearly. For example, among sellers EII are among the least common. If I'd had near me for longer time EII woman of a close age to tune on her, then I'd easier noticed them in public places.
    On youtube I found many EII and ESI among bloggers, among actors.

> I felt that I was pretty far outside of my comfort zone when around Fi-doms and therefore kept them at a distance.

I feel good dealing with base Fi women as they look friendly and decent. While your type I'd check by a video. I noticed some your differences from me relating to T/F region.

> What helped me a lot with dating ESI's was to take very small steps forward.

Not all ESI are such. Enneagram sx leading mb other.
    But for most or in the comparision with other types this mb correct. For stable and more significant relations you need to be liked as the friend, at 1st. This needs time. ESI are harder to trust people - they smile, friendly on the surface, but meanwhile analyse who you are to allow you to become closer and to value the relations seriously. Even if you'll become closer, like get a sex, - they still think who you are. They'll may break relations with people they do not understand good still, - they need more time for this than other types. LSE/LIE are infantile in relations, for example, - if she smiles you, you got a sex and no evident conflicts for a couple of monthes - they may quickly think "it's the love of my life" and this in their heads means the higher level of relations, while ESI in those situation may still suspect the shit in you and value such relations much lower. I'd say it takes a year of your "checking" so they'd assigned you a status "my man" - you may notice this change as ESI accidentally begins to approach you with the new strenght and offer a lot more for good and long relations.

> I enjoyed duality's benefits (mental comfort, shared values, etc.)

my main benefit is emotional. base Fi inspire me to feel the life as lesser shitty. also they show the example that there are good normal people which do not wish to compete or have other irritating or wrong behavior - you feel they follow the rules of good behavior, besides are pleasant. near *II I also feel calmer. the positive in more degree relates to women

Here are some Filatova pictures
    you trust too high to Filatova's typing accuracy and to impressions gotten just from a single photo

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eko View Post
    ok, well maybe that means you shouldnt type people as much as you do before youve seen the people in action
    The said gave the answer on your question about why there are no EII women I'd noticed on the forum. They just may more rarely place videos by the possible reasons I described.
    While in the example of Aki it's known enough to understand the good possibility she's not EII. As it's easier than to say the concrete type. For the last year I've checked and rejected with assurance several ones wannabe-EIIs based on their talking, photos/videos. In two cases those were typed as ESI, what is very close. With other doubtful types in profiles I argued too. Some people have agreed with me to change it there on more possible by my opinion.

> but it just looks funny when you immedietly discard te people typed EII here because they act slightly rude

because they act significantly closer for common behavior of other types, what allows to make assured assumption about other type
    it was not a single episode of being "slightly rude" and was not about being rude only. I saw her behavior befor and the general situation points to good possibility of other type

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Sorry Sol, I'm married. Ours would be impossible <\3

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aki View Post
    Sorry Sol, I'm married.
    Sorry, if I made the wrong impression about my intentions to marry you what have leaded you to offer the inclusion in the friends list. As you saw, I have there several wives already.

I hope to get your video for the memory of our never started romance.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seemingly equating LSE and ESE's response here, I'm not so sure.

The premise is basically there is a kindredness between S-T, and N-F. So the LSE may be more prone to hit back with their S, while the ESE their N.
    I don't see any way the model allows for that kind of asymmetry. Part of my point here is that looking at the dichotomies is very misleading if you don't tie it back to the IM elements.

*btw hotel, are you D DCNH?
    I don't really buy into DCNH. When I looked at it several years ago, C made the most sense.

I agree, when taking golden's quote out of the context of this being about Sol, what you said: Agree.

However, when we consider it's Sol, and definitionally Te Base has 'Limiting Ti', Sol marking his line in the sand and being firm with it perfectly fits LSE. That is: Sol claims to be a typing master, so because he has Limiting Ti, he's just not open to critical analysis.
    This is a misconception of how Ti ignoring works.

The ignoring function is "ignored", so to speak, because it conflicts with the leading function. For Ti ignoring this exactly means that Te leads reject the kind of filtering attitude towards new facts that Ti has - Te prefers instead to receive all facts in a "neutral" manner. This filtering, when coupled with Ne vulnerable manifests as rigidity.

This doesn't get into how Te is definitionally "external order" aka "right - or wrong - Logical way to do things", which is Sol's Behavior 101.
    I don't recall ever in my life seeing that definition of Te in socionics sources. Are you sure you aren't using MBTI or Jungian sources? Socionics Te is traditionally called logic of pragmatism or something similar. It has nothing to do with "order" as a concept. Order is Ti.

Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    You mean specifically for LSEs? If someone presents a skeptical attitude towards new possibilities or ideas the LSE is likely to respond with "naive" positivity or reasons why "everything will work out just fine" - the polar opposite of LSIs who are prone to find doom and gloom in the unknown.

We respond with the conflicting element because it applies to the same domain. Of course, if you don't feel the need to defend your actions / understanding to someone else then you don't have to respond to them. But people often do, and the mobilizing function can be particularly headstrong, so to speak.
    Last edited by Exodus; 07-29-2018 at 10:52 PM.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't see any way the model allows for that kind of asymmetry. Part of my point here is that looking at the dichotomies is very misleading if you don't tie it back to the IM elements.

I don't really buy into DCNH. When I looked at it several years ago, C made the most sense.

This is a misconception of how Ti ignoring works.

The ignoring function is "ignored", so to speak, because it conflicts with the leading function. For Ti ignoring this exactly means that Te leads reject the kind of filtering attitude towards new facts that Ti has - Te prefers instead to receive all facts in a "neutral" manner. This filtering, when coupled with Ne vulnerable manifests as rigidity.

I don't recall ever in my life seeing that definition of Te in socionics sources. Te is traditionally called logic of pragmatism or something similar. It has nothing to do with "order" as a concept. Order is Ti.

You mean specifically for LSEs? If someone presents a skeptical attitude towards new possibilities or ideas the LSE is likely to respond with "naive" positivity or reasons why "everything will work out just fine" - the polar opposite of LSIs who are prone to find doom and gloom in the unknown.

We respond with the conflicting element because it applies to the same domain. Of course, if you don't feel the need to defend your goals / actions / understanding to someone else then you don't have to respond to them. But people often do, and the mobilizing function can be particularly headstrong, so to speak.
    actually Te does filter new information by trying to find out the credibility of the source, while Ti ignores the source

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

if you think of LSEs as "naively positive" thats more a function of a very specific perspective and not the perspective of socionics at large. thats the problem with people like bush who makes their own models, the temptation to reify your own bias through "socionics" is incredibly strong. presumably he doesn't realize he's doing it and just assumes this is reality. to him LSEs are exactly that, naively positive. for anyone with their head not up their own ass though that is not quite right. its like in support of one's own error one pulls out a chart and demonstrates the error in action. there's always a weird form of passive aggression coming off of LIIs when they defend themselves in this way, and God help you if they actually get some semblance of real power to back up their asinine circuit with. *adjusts glasses* "you see its all been figured out already--heads I win, tails you lose. its perfectly logical. refer to the chart if confused." *smug look*-- the solution is really for SLE to come in and give them a swirly

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    actually Te does filter new information by trying to find out the credibility of the source, while Ti ignores the source
    That's Fi that does the filtering there.