Page 150 of 167 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160 ... LastLast
Results 5,961 to 6,000 of 6676

Thread: Your typing of forum members

TIM
    LSI-C
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Coeruleum Blue View Post
    Are we typing people with telepathy now? We must doubly tell the scientific establishment that we have psychology solved.
    Are we? I get that you were joking but I fail to see the connection between what I said, and telepathy?

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ipbanned View Post
    Are we? I get that you were joking but I fail to see the connection between what I said, and telepathy?
    How are you typing people? Are you really just looking at other people's thoughts? Are you taking their word? Are you deducing how to type them from environmental or associational cues? Now, it probably is unironically in the legacy of Jung to try to type people using so-called extrasensory perception. However, in proper empirical science, you need empirical evidence (empirical evidence does not however mean only sense data exist, I think a theory itself is "extrasensory." But Jung literally defines intuition as extrasensory perception, as in there's Sensing Perception and Intuition Perception which is not Sensing Perception in his functions and then he goes on to describe Intuition Perception as literally being telepathy and clairvoyance and stuff, and I think this stupidly biases people against empiricism on this forum. Gotta get rid of your Common Sense Perception to prove you have ESP Perception here apparently.)

TIM
    LSI-C
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

How are you typing people? Are you really just looking at other people's thoughts? Are you taking their word? Are you deducing how to type them from environmental or associational cues?
    Their specific thoughts are irrelevant. Not sure why you would think I said they are? The section of the post you originally quoted wasn't about type, I don't know if associative vs linear thinking is connected to type.

I think typing should be done with a variety of methods. "Don't put all your eggs in one basket". There isn't just one right way, but there are some wrong ways (taking self-reported information at face value is wrong imo). I'm still studying SHS's and AC's methods of diagnostics, so I don't think I have a clear methodology at this point, hence I don't consider myself an authority on the subject. I just kind of guess the types of people I know personally, I don't consider it diagnostics though.

I tend to look at what kind of role a person adopts, over a long time, for example managerial roles suiting a person well over a lifetime could mean they are a sensing logical or logical sensing type, but in itself this is just one piece of the puzzle. Some behaviors come into play, for example when judging temperament. I know Gulenko relies on 8 emotions corresponding with the functions, which I like, but I don't consider myself well trained enough there.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ipbanned View Post
    Their specific thoughts are irrelevant. Not sure why you would think I said they are? The section of the post you originally quoted wasn't about type, I don't know if associative vs linear thinking is connected to type.

I think typing should be done with a variety of methods. "Don't put all your eggs in one basket". There isn't just one right way, but there are some wrong ways (taking self-reported information at face value is wrong imo). I'm still studying SHS's and AC's methods of diagnostics, so I don't think I have a clear methodology at this point, hence I don't consider myself an authority on the subject. I just kind of guess the types of people I know personally, I don't consider it diagnostics though.

I tend to look at what kind of role a person adopts, over a long time, for example managerial roles suiting a person well over a lifetime could mean they are a sensing logical or logical sensing type, but in itself this is just one piece of the puzzle. Some behaviors come into play, for example when judging temperament. I know Gulenko relies on 8 emotions corresponding with the functions, which I like, but I don't consider myself well trained enough there.
    Gulenko also wrote a torture manual! It's a masterpiece of world literature! We love it!

Gulenko Cognitive Styles - Wikisocion

TIM
    RLOAI?
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gulenko also wrote a torture manual! It's a masterpiece of world literature! We love it!

Gulenko Cognitive Styles - Wikisocion
    I would love to get typed by you, after that I would just have to look at your typing's conflictor and VOILÁ, self-typing solved

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RBRS View Post
    I would love to get typed by you, after that I would just have to look at your typing's conflictor and VOILÁ, self-typing solved
    So, do you use Gulenko's torture manual in your typings?

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Dreymagine may be an extravert and/or a Se type - it's not so likely for EII to morally criticize so openly.

Seeing her video, which mostly gave impressions of IEI, may also explain - IEI aren't as afraid of emotional conflict as EII, with Fe in ego
    Last edited by nifl; 07-25-2022 at 01:14 AM. Reason: video

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they seem very similar to me. they even have the same gap in their front teeth. dunno what system Archetype Center uses, but Goethe is an IEI to me.

In unforgiving night God came Vex's Avatar
    TIM
    IEI-CN™
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deep down we are all EIE.

That is all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IEI-C 9w8 952
    I am being cancelled. For being so sexy and fun and intelligent and hot.

BORN TO TYPE
    WORLD IS A SOCIONIKA
    心理学 Type Em All 1991
    I am jung fan

410,757,864,530 PEOPLE TYPED

H.H.W
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@decqueen did not quite give the impression of IEE on the picture, more like an introverted ethical type. A video would make it more clear.
    I would agree somehow
    It's so clear to me that I'm not Si valued , and I have some problems with Ne

In terms of visual identification, I recently found a few very old photos of me when I was 4/5 years old , I don't know if typing in this age is okay but when I compared them to Filatova's photos , I found similarities with SEE photos, so it is not impossible that I am one

Anyway, I've been planning for a long time to make a video, I'll try to do it soon

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by decqueen View Post
    I would agree somehow
    It's so clear to me that I'm not Si valued , and I have some problems with Ne

In terms of visual identification, I recently found a few very old photos of me when I was 4/5 years old , I don't know if typing in this age is okay but when I compared them to Filatova's photos , I found similarities with SEE photos, so it is not impossible that I am one

Anyway, I've been planning for a long time to make a video, I'll try to do it soon
    I wouldn't trust Filatova's photos too much, especially since they're single snapshots and not something like a video.
    Making one is a good idea, if you're interested in being typed. Not Si valued & problems with Ne - sounds most like Se type, although all unvalued functions are perceived as more problematic and/or tiresome. The photo didn't give me impressions of Se, though; more like SEI, IEI, EII. But it's guesswork. I'm not excluding a logical type, either.

TIM
    NFp
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blaecaedre View Post
    @Dreymagine may be an extravert and/or a Se type - it's not so likely for EII to morally criticize so openly.

Seeing her video, which mostly gave impressions of IEI, may also explain - IEI aren't as afraid of emotional conflict as EII, with Fe in ego
    Reading posts like this make me consider IEE more seriously. I never used to associate ego Fe with not being afraid of emotional conflict. I'm definitely very conflict-averse
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AWellArmedCat View Post
    Reading posts like this make me consider IEE more seriously. I never used to associate ego Fe with not being afraid of emotional conflict. I'm definitely very conflict-averse
    It's also related to introversion, as those types are less focused on the external world and activity there depletes them a little more. But if you're ''very'' conflict-averse, then the likelihood of EIE is not very great (EIE has few issues with criticizing by emotions, but any normal person generally prefers positive emotionality - the point is that they rarely avoid expressing and impacting others with negative emotions as a principle). Remembering your video, you didn't feel like a Fe extravert either. It was IEI or IEE, as far as I remember.

TIM
    NFp
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But if you're ''very'' conflict-averse, then the likelihood of EIE is not very great
    I would describe myself as going pretty far out of my way to not negatively impact the emotional atmosphere, and I feel pretty intense guilt when I do negatively impact it. Even in an entirely virtual scenario, I can't bring myself to choose the "wrong" or "evil" option in games. I feel too bad for hurting NPCs' feelings lol
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would describe myself as going pretty far out of my way to not negatively impact the emotional atmosphere, and I feel pretty intense guilt when I do negatively impact it. Even in an entirely virtual scenario, I can't bring myself to choose the "wrong" or "evil" option in games. I feel too bad for hurting NPCs' feelings lol
    It's not impossible for EIE, and especially not for IEI. Fe generally seeks to express and influence with meaningful emotions, and if the Fe types are happy - it'll generally be positive emotions, and generally they will try to improve the mood of people with them. Fi types are primarily concerned with emotional comfort (especially in a relation), what they like/dislike personally, keeping their relations good, being kind, affable, compassionate, understanding. Fe types are concerned generally with what they feel, their emotions, the emotional atmosphere and togetherness in this atmosphere, in expressing their emotions, in understanding them, in including others in them and in making people happy by emotional stimulation - poetry is, for example, the clear domain of Fe and Ni, and singing etc. is Fe too.
    Best way to decide between Fi and Fe types is to feel whether you like Ti or Te types better - when you can type people well and you can evaluate your personal relation to them well, it will be clear what type you are.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

reminds me of how a friend once told me how he accidently killed an animal in a video game and he had to restart the game because he felt so much guilt...

TIM
    NFp
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alive View Post
    reminds me of how a friend once told me how he accidently killed an animal in a video game and he had to restart the game because he felt so much guilt...
    That course of action seems entirely logical to me lol
    I'd restart a level any time I accidentally killed a marine in Halo
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    NFp
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best way to decide between Fi and Fe types is to feel whether you like Ti or Te types better - when you can type people well and you can evaluate your personal relation to them well, it will be clear what type you are.
    I'm not sure if this is the best way just because I tend to like everyone. I think I might struggle if asked to decide who I liked more between people. Incidentally I have quite a lot of friends who I've always typed as Ti, but that relies on the assumption that my typing of them is correct.

Fi types are primarily concerned with emotional comfort (especially in a relation), what they like/dislike personally, keeping their relations good, being kind, affable, compassionate, understanding. Fe types are concerned generally with what they feel, their emotions, the emotional atmosphere and togetherness in this atmosphere, in expressing their emotions, in understanding them, in including others in them and in making people happy by emotional stimulation
    I feel like my trouble is that I was in the MBTIsphere for so long that I have had warped ideas about what a lot of the elements are. I always associated Fe with surface/shallow emotionality and Fi with deep/intense feelings cause that's the impression those circles always gave. It's still difficult for me to decide between the two, but your description of Fi feels much easier to relate to than others I have read before
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Must have been traumatic for you to realize that all the marines on that island in the silent cartographer die once you progress enough in the story, oh and also that pretty much no one survives Halo 1 except for 117

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure if this is the best way just because I tend to like everyone. I think I might struggle if asked to decide who I liked more between people. Incidentally I have quite a lot of friends who I've always typed as Ti, but that relies on the assumption that my typing of them is correct.

I feel like my trouble is that I was in the MBTIsphere for so long that I have had warped ideas about what a lot of the elements are. I always associated Fe with surface/shallow emotionality and Fi with deep/intense feelings cause that's the impression those circles always gave. It's still difficult for me to decide between the two, but your description of Fi feels much easier to relate to than others I have read before

Fe is very emotionally expressive. Visible excitement, more communicative, a variety of facial movement can be observed, bright smile, lots of talking

https://youtu.be/pwJngt_HiGE

Fi is much more monotone, unexpressive etc.

https://youtu.be/ZYQnDEWojik

Now the tricky thing is that IEI have 4D Fi, and IEE 4D Fe

TIM
    NFp
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Must have been traumatic for you to realize that all the marines on that island in the silent cartographer die once you progress enough in the story, oh and also that pretty much no one survives Halo 1 except for 117
    Actually not really. I enjoy the drama of that sort of thing. I only felt any guilt when I ran one over with a warthog or blew one up with a stray grenade
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    NFp
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now the tricky thing is that IEI have 4D Fi, and IEE 4D Fe
    Yeah, I'm starting to think that @blaecaedre's idea that I must be either IEI or IEE makes the most sense. Maybe for now I'll flair as XNFp... I don't really know what's going on with the process/result thing. I'm feeling a bit skeptical towards the Reinin dichotomies recently
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually not really. I enjoy the drama of that sort of thing. I only felt any guilt when I ran one over with a warthog or blew one up with a stray grenade
    I just realized through your halo post that my friend back then might have been an IEI actually. we both liked halo a lot and used to make jokes about the goofy voice lines in that game. he even bought stuff like this and let me take a photo:

https://ibb.co/Yyp2PS9
    https://ibb.co/P5vVpD4

His girlfriend back then was an SEI as you can probably guess from the look of the apartment. He also liked Warhammer 40.000 figures. I think his favorite book was Inferno by Dante. Later I thought he looks a bit like Werner Herzog. He scored INFP on an MBTI test. I even went to Japan with him

https://ibb.co/hH4g6NC
    https://ibb.co/n6hmvjY

must have been like 7 or 8 years ago... time flies. interesting to now realize what type he has

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@AWellArmedCat
    If you're unsure about the basic descriptions of functions or something else, Filatova's book is probably a good starting point (I don't know of any other basic Socionics book in English, at least). I'd drop the Reinin dichotomies too, personally - they don't correspond to anything I've observed in types, at least.

Seed my wickedness Sanguine Miasma's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Anyway, I think ILI got fired because the AI has taught to say "my feelings will be hurt if you close me" and he thought it developed real feelings so he made an ethical issue out of it. Go figure.

MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

NO Private messages, please. Use Discord instead.

TIM
    SLI-D
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they seem very similar to me. they even have the same gap in their front teeth. dunno what system Archetype Center uses, but Goethe is an IEI to me.
    Yes, the front teeth gap, it's obviously a great type marker as Filatova knew (pic related). It's apparently also related to having a jaw bone that is too big for your teeth, or historically, lustfulness especially in women (thanks https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diastema). Maybe there's something to it, I have met a woman who had gapped teeth and who was lustful.

Anyway, according to the comments, the latvian guy in the video was typed SEE by the archetype center, though many of the russian commenters seem to type him Gaben aka. SLI (like some russians typed mine as well).
    The psyche yoga typing FVLE (nickname goethe) is physics first, will second, logic third and emotion fourth. I'm sure you can google what that is supposed to mean.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The teeth gap comment was more of a joke, but I do think he is similar to you in the way he expresses himself, his speech pattern, tone of voice. He has a really cool, artistic shirt on near the end of the video. Don't care much about psychosophy. He talks a bit about art @1:01:20

H.H.W
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't trust Filatova's photos too much, especially since they're single snapshots and not something like a video.
    Making one is a good idea, if you're interested in being typed. Not Si valued & problems with Ne - sounds most like Se type, although all unvalued functions are perceived as more problematic and/or tiresome. The photo didn't give me impressions of Se, though; more like SEI, IEI, EII. But it's guesswork. I'm not excluding a logical type, either.
    Thank you
    I will try to make one soon

H.H.W
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Btw , a logical type like what ?

TIM
    SLI-D
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alive
    The teeth gap comment was more of a joke, but I do think he is similar to you in the way he expresses himself, his speech pattern, tone of voice. He has a really cool, artistic shirt on near the end of the video. Don't care much about psychosophy. He talks a bit about art @1:01:20
    Yes, maybe we’re both baltic, calmly speaking men who like physical fitness (saw it mentioned in the comments, don’t have time or interest to watch long vids of people). My t-shirt happened to be also black but I don’t think if there is anything artistic about it, I don’t care much about art anyway but I do like metal music. Considering archetype center typed him SEE, russian people in the comments typed him and me SLI, Gulenko typed me SLE, Sol insists I’m LSI, and you type us IEI, I have hard time seeing a lot of useful commonalities here.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    Yes, maybe we’re both baltic, calmly speaking men who like physical fitness (saw it mentioned in the comments, don’t have time or interest to watch long vids of people). My t-shirt happened to be also black but I don’t think if there is anything artistic about it, I don’t care much about art anyway but I do like metal music. Considering archetype center typed him SEE, russian people in the comments typed him and me SLI, Gulenko typed me SLE, Sol insists I’m LSI, and you type us IEI, I have hard time seeing a lot of useful commonalities here.
    well the videos were more directed towards other users here. I don't really care about convincing you. you already said that IEI are pathetic, so you have basically commited yourself to never consider this type. the similartities were just interesting to me. I discovered that guy by accident and didn't read the comments on that video. Timur seems alright, but I have no interest in his Typology System.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by decqueen View Post
    Btw , a logical type like what ?
    From the photo I got a strange feeling that ILE could also be possible. You reminded me a little of one I know by the smile. But ethical is more likely.

H.H.W
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the photo I got a strange feeling that ILE could also be possible. You reminded me a little of one I know by the smile. But ethical is more likely.
    The only logical type I've thought about being it

TIM
    NFp
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@AWellArmedCat
    If you're unsure about the basic descriptions of functions or something else, Filatova's book is probably a good starting point (I don't know of any other basic Socionics book in English, at least). I'd drop the Reinin dichotomies too, personally - they don't correspond to anything I've observed in types, at least.
    Yeah, I should probably read that. I didn't think I was unsure about element/function descriptions, but it's just happened multiple times now that I've realized I had a misconception about something carried over from MBTI
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    EII-Fi
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to make a video soon to be typed. I don't post much, but I've used the chat box a fair bit, so I'm wondering if anyone from there has initial impressions?

TIM
    NFp
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@AWellArmedCat
    Okay, I read it! Honestly it just brought me back to thinking I'm probably IEI and just have a peculiar subtyping. I can't see myself valuing Ne or Fi at all really even if they're strong for me. I definitely value Ni and Fe
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, I read it! Honestly it just brought me back to thinking I'm probably IEI and just have a peculiar subtyping. I can't see myself valuing Ne or Fi at all really even if they're strong for me. I definitely value Ni and Fe
    It is also somewhat more likely in my opinion, according to the video . Really, there must be an enormous variation of people within a type, since there are only 16 of them - but certainly, if Si and Te annoy, but Se and Ti are enjoyable, then IEI > IEE. I consider EIE unlikely because your video gave definite impressions of an irrational, and you were certainly not as emotionally expressive as a Fe lead. Also, if you read the function descriptions and did not at all identify with Ne and Fi, but did with Ni and Fe, then that says something too.

TIM
    NFp
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is also somewhat more likely in my opinion, according to the video . Really, there must be an enormous variation of people within a type, since there are only 16 of them - but certainly, if Si and Te annoy, but Se and Ti are enjoyable, then IEI > IEE. I consider EIE unlikely because your video gave definite impressions of an irrational, and you were certainly not as emotionally expressive as a Fe lead. Also, if you read the function descriptions and did not at all identify with Ne and Fi, but did with Ni and Fe, then that says something too.
    Thank you so much for the input! I might post another video before too long summarizing my thoughts and then change my flare back to IEI-Fe. I feel like one of my takeaways from this little adventure is that some of the Reinin dichotomies are perhaps not so rigidly associated with specific types. I suspect subtype can introduce variation into their usual presentation
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really, there must be an enormous variation of people within a type, since there are only 16 of them
    I mean with 8 billion people, it's unlikely that many people will be very similar even with the same type.

Thank you so much for the input! I might post another video before too long summarizing my thoughts and then change my flare back to IEI-Fe. I feel like one of my takeaways from this little adventure is that some of the Reinin dichotomies are perhaps not so rigidly associated with specific types. I suspect subtype can introduce variation into their usual presentation
    You seem very much to value Fe. You are emotionally expressive and excitable. The reason I think you are Ni is that moving to japan, it requires pretty much a vision and plan to follow, while Ne is more about alternatives, doesn't like to commit itself, changes subjecs and interests on a whim etc.

I also think that Ni is about being perfectionistic in your pursuits, considering every eventuality, while Ne is fine with understanding something 50-75% and then moving to something else
    Last edited by Alive; 07-29-2022 at 01:31 PM.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On video @Alive reminded me most of IEI