Thread: Different E-types of drunks

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Default Different E-types of drunks

I found it funny and interesting, what is your behavior under alcohol.

The masterpiece description by aster. I think she's probably E-9 and ESI.
    Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post
    There are different types of drunks, and I'm the loud, social, everyone's best friend type. Every time I get drunk in public, I get really rowdy/boisterous and friendly and if people wanted to go streaking through town, I'd probably be up for it. Everything is suddenly hilarious and seems like a great idea. Which is why I'm not allowed to drink in public. I also start claiming I'm better at doing math drunk than sober and start asking people to quiz me. What's funny is, I am better at math when I'm drunk. I'm also the 'don't stop' type. I'll drink until I can't drink anymore or someone stops me. I've been told I lack something in my brain that tells people when to stop. lol. Ah, and I'm not an alcoholic, I just really go all in when I do drink. In for a penny, in for a pound.
    What about me as E-1 LSE.
    Generally, I behave rather boring. I keep ok mind, reactions. And need much of alcohol to get problems with a coordination (partly due to not gracile constitution and matching it with good fat meal). I prefer wine and such is harder to overdose. On the rare harder stage I get intoxication and its common consequences which return my state close to the initial one. I sober rather quickly too.
    The changes I may notice. I become more sentimental. The bad emotions which were supressed pass to the mind and I feel sorrow. Alcohol does not make me to feel better or adventurous in actions, but improves my connection with own emotions. Also I may to talk more and do it with lesser caution. It's not a good idea to dispute with me about politics even without alcohol.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I become slightly more talkative, perhaps, but I generally stay the same as sober. I guess that means that I'm really like I seem to be; thus I'm not inhibited. My E-type is unknown.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

E6- I get more impulsive (obviously), like last time I drank I bought some herbal supplement opioid replacement from a tobacco store and took two and threw away the rest in the morning after deciding it was a dumb thing to do. I'm super loving and affectionate and give excessive compliments and want to touch people. My friend teases that I always tell him he's handsome and look at him googly eyed when I'm drunk so now whenever I compliment his looks he tells me I must be drunk. Also I'm quicker to anger but that's rarely a problem because I drink in good company. It comes out at invasive men at the bar or in minor petty arguments with friends that are forgotten the next morning (like the time I got so upset about my cousin getting the distance to my house wrong but neither of us thought to look it up). I never get sad, thankfully.

Melodies from Mars~
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I behave like I'm stoned and everything makes me laugh and smile and everyone is loveable. I hardly DO anything though.

Also It seems that I rarely ever know how much alcohol is in a drink so I just keep drinking... whenever someone offers me more alcohol I take it as "You aren't drunk enough so please drink more" so I use that as a measure of how well off I am. If I have the support to keep drinking then I can drink more. I still don't know how much I should or can drink because I know that the most Ive ever had in one night left me feeling great but then another night would have me feeling like shit if I drink less..

Regardless, I know I've said some embarassing things while effectively brain dead, like it was almost as if I was just reading my own inner monologue ... and then a few seconds later Im like shit why did I say something awkward about my Dad who is standing right there, at a family getogether of all places.

Luckily people tend to laugh off these sort of personal bluntly stated truths

Also when I sometimes get drunk playing competitive games and troll the fuck out of them, not in a bad way just in a ... well Im actually better at playing drunk because Im more aggressive and take risks

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ashlesha View Post
    (like the time I got so upset about my cousin getting the distance to my house wrong but neither of us thought to look it up).
    I keep laughing to myself about this now that I remembered it.

"I only live about three miles from here"
    "no you don't.."
    "how the FUCK are U gonna TELL ME where I LIVE!?! The nerve??!?"

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I think the 1st thing to do on dating with E-9 is to get a good wine bottle, to land in a house and offer a drink.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

E9 here. I get sleepy and snuggly.

Also, after a certain point, I don't enjoy some of the physical feelings that alcohol gives me. So I haven't been much further than tipsy.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I cry when I drink. Lol.

1.5 drinks later...*weeping*

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

e6.
    Usually I'm the designated driver as I want to make sure that we get home ok. I also make sure my friends aren't doing something TOO stupid or going home with some guy without some vetting of the guy. When I do drink (which is rare), I prefer to either do it when the music is damned good with lots of dancing and I know I have a trusted ride home, or just at home where it's safe already. I drink maybe 3 times a year. I joke (truthfully) that it only takes half a glass of wine and I'm pretty floaty already. I get quieter, more withdrawn, like my mind is separating from my body, and then I just want to go to sleep, but the room might be spinning too much and I feel like I"m on a roller coaster ride or an elevator, both of which make me sick.

(sorry @ashlesha I meant to click like, not constructive.)
    (And I can't seem to delete my previous post, argh.)
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I basically give up on anything that requires thought (still have instinct, which tends to be paranoid) and become more playful, willing to say what I really think, and more empathetic.

TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

E6.

Depending, I can actually get somewhat more reticent because I notice that I'm not as "sharp" as normal, which I find embarrassing (if anything that seems E3ish). Focusing skills drop drop drop. Existing tendency to pace around the room is exacerbated. Rubbing my face/arms feels nice. Leaning waay back if I am in a chair. If I'm at home, I always decide it's a wonderful occasion to take a bath. Overall fairly low key.

Hard for me to get all that drunk because I have a sensitive stomach. I have to pace it out quite a bit to the extent that getting well and truly drunk requires effort and a watch. I like to know how many standard units of alcohol I'm consuming, although later on, if I'm pouring my own drinks, I inevitably do things like "it's about 1 1/7 shot plus 1/3 shot..." and getting confused about how much I have actually consumed because I just had to top it off or shave a little off.
    Phobic So/Sp 6w7 3w2 9w1
    Bit of a comic books nerd, bit of a fashion nerd, a lot of a generalized nerd

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i despise the taste of alcohol and i can even taste it in mixed drinks (doesn't matter how low the % of alcohol, i will taste it, and then i will cringe)

there was a mixed drink my friend kept trying to push on me because "you can't even taste the alcohol" but i could, which made me wonder if she might be an alcoholic. there's only one drink which hasn't made me recoil from the taste and it was called "white freezie" but even then i'll still occasionally pick up a hint of alcohol in the aftertaste, if not prepared correctly. somehow i have a stronger aversion to the taste of alcohol in mixed drinks than straight shots which i usually follow up with red bull because it completely wipes out the aftertaste of alcohol, but i don't like vodka so it's usually rum, gin, or whiskey. i really enjoy whiskey because i like the "cool" sensation as it goes down, as opposed to spiced rum which usually tastes "fiery" in comparison

but um beer makes me very sleepy, so i'm careful not to drink beer otherwise i'll fall asleep no matter where i am, which happened at my friend's birthday "party" at a roller skating rink. wine makes me feel awful so i avoid it like the plague, it tastes bad and it makes me think negative thoughts and then i get angry and i want to shoot people (y'know, like in a video game). if i just stick to regular shots of hard liquor then i become more sociable, i think i even become socially savvy out of nowhere, and i like writing while i'm in this state because it flows out naturally. the reason i hate vodka in particular is because it reminds me of my first time drinking where i drank way too much and then i spent the duration of the night puking so i could literally taste the vodka as it came out, and it smells exactly like hand sanitizer, more so than the rest of alcohol, which is concurrently why i don't use hand sanitizer

tl;dr i have very specific tastes and different types of alcohol make me feel/act differently, and i usually only like reaching an inebriated state of "buzzed"
    Last edited by wasp; 03-16-2018 at 07:15 AM.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

E9 SEI
    Usually upbeat more random enthusiasm and more talkative but sometimes more impressionistic. Like i slip into a primituve world of sensory experience and then i cant have a normal discussion anymore.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It smells so horrible that nothing is going make me to put that stuff down my throat.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Omg. I can actually relate to the description of the OP.

When I'm drunk. I get really loud and crazy and say crazy stuffs and do crazy stuffs. I love being drunk because I'm happy when I'm drunk. I also unexpectedly befriends mostly people around me. but, i can actually stop. When told to stop. Because i don't wanna be wasted. Being wasted is the end of fun. So moderation in being drunk is a must to continue the happiness.
    I have a habit of taking videos whenever I'm drunk so i can have ideas of what's happening around me because i have no fucking idea what I'm currently doing. It's like when i get drunk, i stopped thinking, and memory lane vanishes ( i probably become super se).
    I also talk three languages when I'm drunk. and i think i become better in speaking a specific language when drunk.
    However, i also have this strong self control when I'm drunk like as much as possible to not undergo sexual shit.. The worst sexual shit i ever done as drunk is to just kiss a stranger but that's all. I don't go overboard to have casual sex or anything.. I also avoid males who i sense are very dangerous like i know who to avoid when drunk. I only go with trusted people.
    So being drunk is more fun that a regret.
    I also just drink beer only to keep the drunkness in a slow and longer phase, and not get wasted.

I'm a thinking e7

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Never had even a drip of alcohol in my life. I just don't see the point of ever starting, knowing the health risk and all. It's an advantage I got going for me might as well keep it.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

People usually don’t notice that I’m drunk at all. I’ll be like “I just drank this whole wine bottle” they’re like what?? Unless I’m shitfaced and stumbling. I’m still inhibited even after alot of alcohol.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just feel less inhibited. More sociable, more loving and friendly. I randomly hug people and tell them how much I love them, complimenting them, and often I find myself unexpectedly being the life of the party. I feel those things in a sober state of mind a lot too, but it can be hard for me to fully express it. I don't think it really makes me feel more confident, it just makes me less aware of my lack of confidence.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All I can say is: get ready for me to say I love you.
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

E9 and I've only ever been tipsy. The last time I was tipsy, I was 10, lol. But still, I was sleepy, giggling/ laughing more than usual. And way less shy than I usually am. Kind of the same way how I get from lack of sleep.

Restricted user
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

E6 - I get giggly and groggy and eventually fall asleep.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

E9. I don’t really know how I come across. Probably silly, much more animated. A radiant mess? Hahaha. Or just more cheeky and noisy.

I have to be careful how much I drink or there comes a point where I suddenly get really ill
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 04-11-2021 at 09:08 AM.

Handler of Choronzon
    TIM
    Te goblin
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5w4

In a good mood, alcohol flips on my hidden charisma switch. I laugh a lot, dance around, tell people I love them, open up emotionally to others and encourage them to do the same, I become confident (but not stupid) and may do daring things or try to lead an activity. I become more open to intellectual discussion and debate, and may try to play mind games with people for some mischievous fun. I also like to expose my intellectual side, and exchange/profess thoughts and ideas as a form of revelry.

In a bad mood, I become whiny and self-loathing, and sometimes go way too far with melodramatic behavior. In some cases I may become more inhibited than less so. Self-destructive behavior, especially regarding interpersonal relationships. I may even send walls of text packed with emotion and typos to people confessing deeds or thoughts. There is also a tendency to rationalize negativity.

TIM
    SEIZOR
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I stay pretty composed when I'm drunk. I was at a part where people seemed to not notice that I was almost too drunk to stand up. There are large portions of that event I don't remember. But my more sober companions said I acted completely normal.

EDIT: I'm undecided about my enneagram type. But I usually score 8 on tests.
    Bound upon me, rush upon me, I will overcome you by enduring your onset: whatever strikes against that which is firm and unconquerable merely injures itself by its own violence. Wherefore, seek some soft and yielding object to pierce with your darts.

-Seneca

TIM
    INxp
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’ve never gotten ‘drunk’ before so I wouldn’t know. I very much avoid trying to drink too much alcohol, because why would I really want to get drunk?
    Though really, most drinks I like don’t have much alcohol in them, anyway, so unless I happened to binge on those hard I’d probably never end up drunk.
    Last edited by Manatroid92; 02-28-2022 at 10:34 AM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Happy drunk. I'm fun loving and playful and not so stern and serious. I said this in another thread I thought but I remember being drunk once and I was just like 'ooh I wanna go swinging on that swing it looks fun' as a grown ass man.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whatever feelings I had been repressing will come out.
    I've used alcohol once to get it out.
    0/10 would not recomend.

I'm not fond of drinking overall.

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shazaam View Post
    Happy drunk. I'm fun loving and playful and not so stern and serious. I said this in another thread I thought but I remember being drunk once and I was just like 'ooh I wanna go swinging on that swing it looks fun' as a grown ass man.
    Lol same. I honestly can't imagine feeling angry or sad while drunk. However I was feeling before, I pretty reliably just turn into a happy little kid who wants to talk to everyone. That continues until I get sleepy and pass out. It's fun, but I'd still much prefer weed if given the option. I hardly drank in the US just cause edibles are so much more fun and - unlike alcohol - they actually make me better at fps games

Free-for-all matches before the edible: 6 kills and 17 deaths
    After the edible's kicked in: 34 kills and 3 deaths

The murder becomes so rhythmic and the timing effortless. Games, dubstep, and petting cats are all so amazing while high. I wish I'd dosed heavier when I was home for Christmas, but I was staying with my family so I didn't want to get too blasted and wasn't sure how far my tolerance had dropped
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I honestly can't imagine feeling angry or sad while drunk.
    My ST uncle was a very angry drunk, he quit drinking because of it I think his girlfriend helped him quit.

And well just different lifestyles maybe. He was in the vietnam war and saw some horrible shit that he still won't talk to anybody about it really. Idk we're NFs- you might be much more likely to be an angry drunk if you're ST type? I talked about him before on the forum and the consensus was he’s Delta ST. But idk - we get along pretty well, but I know how to keep my distance. If we had to spend a lot of time together I'm really not sure lol.

I'm more angry now - but more when sober. My ESE mom really feels it because I supervise her naturally. =/ I used to be more diplomatic and sweeter. Now as I grow older I'm not so afraid to tell people to fuck off. As I always say, this kitten has claws lololol.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think beer/wine, especially beer have enhanced depressed feelings in the past. I like vodka.

I once had coke after a lot of alcohol and I found out an ESE friend had done something that really upset me. I lost my temper so badly about it (not in front of her but in front of the ILI who told me). The ILI then told some people I know, for god sake lol. I did hungoverly have a go at the ESE next day and told her to apologise…properly. ESE/SEI can be so bad at apologising. The concept lost on them. Bumped into the ESE later and tried to make amends..but she just gave me the death stare. ESE/SEI don’t like to lose lol.

I don’t like to be out of control drunk..I don’t like the sensation much or the risks of acting stupid.

Everyone is special and has some special features of behavior in everyday life. No surprise that when we get drunk, we act differently, too.
    It’s funny how a person can change while drunk. Some people just become more … something that they already are, but the others change a lot. They are like a different person while drunk. I like to discover these other versions of the people I know, and I think that it’s a great way to get to know someone better. OFC, I don’t support uncontrolled drinking and misuse of substances because I don’t want to see my friends in online alcohol support groups. The groups are not bad, but I think that it’s not the best way to spend time.
    Last edited by SpencerWhite; 04-27-2022 at 10:39 PM.