Thread: Another shy girl to type

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Another shy girl to type

Hi all,
    New to Socionics and the forum, I have yet to look up what functions the symbols but, but I'm too curious to wait. : )

In social situations I need to often ‘recharge’ by having some alone time.
    I hate to admit it, but my favorite thing to do is … nothing. Meaning, take care of business/errands/whatever on my own time with no deadlines or restrictions.

I enjoy oil painting, and amateur astronomy. I like learning about astrophysics but am pursuing a digital art degree in college.

Much of the time when I react emotionally to people and situations minutes or even days later, I don’t understand why I felt/reacted that way. (hard to explain)

In group (project) situations I tend to hold back my thoughts and then deliver a series of problems with potential solutions, and I also *constructively* criticize as the group reasons through problems.

If not expressionless, I have a half smile on my face for no apparent reason.

I can be a ditz and a klutz at times if this is applicable at all. Is that enough info?

In MBTI ISTP fits me best, but definitely not 100% accurate.
    If into VI:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IxTP probably

More information...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestley, I think people need more info than that to be sure. But if I had to say what your type is from what you wrote, I'd say ISFP.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi and welcome.

I'm new at identifying people personality but I'll give it a shot. The way you describe your self so far I say ISTX is my best bet.
    ISFP, SEI

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the input guys! I’ll try to give some more information. I tend to be overly concise. : )

My room is always cluttered, despite my best intentions and efforts. I need a bit of 'creative chaos' it seems.

I love makeover shows such as queer eye for the straight guy, what not to wear, etc. Also shows like American Chopper, that build a product.

I never got too involved with sports in HS, (now in college) but I really enjoy kickboxing. I don’t like sparring though, its almost too personal in the sense that I either want to pound my opponent or be over cautious.

I keep a few close friends. A few guys in my high school class that I talked to quite a bit were INTP's or INTJ's. These guys could see right through me at times and I envied their thought process it seems. My brother is a *complex* INTP. And I think his type may have influenced why I typed as a INTP for the first two times I took the test.

etc:
    -I don’t daydream as much as space-out. On more than one occasion when I’ve taken a walk by myself, my brain got quite engrossed in a previous experience and I involuntarily stopped walking for a second. : )
    -sarcastic/dry humor
    -a bit negative/cynical
    -I tend to people-please in small talk with people like roommates and coworkers, i never really know what to say
    -I avoid conflict like the plague
    -absent-minded/ditzy
    -value aesthetics and sincerity

Is that enough info?
    Thanks again!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you give an example of a typical conversation you would have with a person who you enjoy being with? What are your mannerisms like? What is your facial expression like? How does your voice sound? What is the topic of conversation? Do you get really excited (physically not in your head)? What do you believe about love? What do you think an ideal romantic relationship would be like?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

//

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Another shy girl to type

Quote Originally Posted by midnightartist
    Much of the time when I react emotionally to people and situations minutes or even days later, I don’t understand why I felt/reacted that way. (hard to explain)
    Yeah I go through that alot too. Hey as been in a small group. Umm for me at times I was soo deep in my thought while walking at the same time with a small group of friends at school. I didn't even notice they change direction on me until either they call me or a couple minutes later I would notice it and get laugh at later.
    ISFP, SEI

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You do sound very ISTp, I can relate to pretty much all of what you say.
    I'm ISTp.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ISTP

Short concise sentences and grammar open to dialog.

The very few lines I can read resemble me those of a dynamic-taciturn to check by the Reinin dicotimies; another reason to think towards the idea ISTP.

(ENFJ, INFP, ESTJ would be the other candidates if such applies).
    Balzac

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ISTP - Addendum

Non-subjunctive, and mostly present tense should I add to the notion of the writing style of hers to be "Dynamics".
    Balzac

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was going to suggest INTj, but I don't trust my V.I. anymore.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And another long post...

The VI typing is interesting input, especially the Alan Rickman comment. What can I say, I’ve always liked his demeanor. : )

Koneko – thanks for mentioning the Reinin stuff, I’ll look more on that area of Socionics.

In response to Pedro’s prompts (grazie, btw)…
    Conversations:
    A typical light-hearted conversation with a friend would be incredibly disjointed. I’ll be walking with a girl friend and one of us will say something completely random, like how amazing it is that ice floats (just covered in chem class). We’ll talk about the chemical properties, and then that conversational thread would end in 30 seconds, and then we’d talk about something else that happened during the day. The “ice floats” thread could come up randomly, even days later, without need for segue. Much of the time though, the conversation is focused on daily events or planning (academics, classes).
    With friends I can be rather loud when I get on my own conversational thread. On their thread however, my voice sounds like i'm merely muttering sidenotes, even when asking questions.

Mannerisms:
    I think I lift my eyebrows a lot when I speak. I don’t usually look people right in the eye when speaking. (Though I am rather comfortable doing public speaking.) My ears lift back and up a little bit when I’m embarrassed, especially when its about the opposite sex. I gesture quite a bit, even when I’m on the phone. When I laugh, its a loud, short burst right after someone says something. If I’m less comfortable with the people, I’ll do a kind of silent laugh.

On Love:
    Love, to me, equals understanding and acceptance. Understanding in the sense that we know each other on an intimate level such that we know how we don’t get along but still appreciate and need each other. In these few cases where I’ve felt this with friends or family, neither of us really said “I love you” ever. It is understood.
    When a friend tells me she’s in love with her boyfriend, I am immediately skeptical of the “kind” of love she is talking about. I don’t mean to think little of their relationship, but in many cases I see more passion and affection in an almost self-serving way.
    But for myself, my ideal romantic relationship would be like a best friend/companion relationship. He would enable me to do all the fun/crazy things I’d like to do. He’d be the logical, discerning one, but would always value my input and I would be depended on to ground the relationship to reality. (Though I must admit, I hadn’t given this much thought before).

Sidenote: I feel like my “thinking” function is only problematic. I do not feel like a logical person, and I feel like I cannot connect emotionally with other people with ease at all. In this way, I feel I'm not good at being a sympathetic girl. *shrug*

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I say ISTp too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Call me crazy, but I still think she could be an ISFP. ISTP would be my second choice.

Much of the time when I react emotionally to people and situations minutes or even days later, I don’t understand why I felt/reacted that way.
    I can be a ditz and a klutz at times if this is applicable at all.
    I never got too involved with sports in HS, (now in college) but I really enjoy kickboxing. I don’t like sparring though, its almost too personal in the sense that I either want to pound my opponent or be over cautious.
    I don't know if this means anything, but I know an ISFP girl who loves kickboxing.

I don’t daydream as much as space-out. On more than one occasion when I’ve taken a walk by myself, my brain got quite engrossed in a previous experience and I involuntarily stopped walking for a second.
    I avoid conflict like the plague
    A typical light-hearted conversation with a friend would be incredibly disjointed. I’ll be walking with a girl friend and one of us will say something completely random...
    Mannerisms:
    I think I lift my eyebrows a lot when I speak. I don’t usually look people right in the eye when speaking. (Though I am rather comfortable doing public speaking.) My ears lift back and up a little bit when I’m embarrassed, especially when its about the opposite sex. I gesture quite a bit, even when I’m on the phone. When I laugh, its a loud, short burst right after someone says something. If I’m less comfortable with the people, I’ll do a kind of silent laugh.
    Hahahaa... Check this. (page 2)

He would enable me to do all the fun/crazy things I’d like to do. He’d be the logical, discerning one, but would always value my input and I would be depended on to ground the relationship to reality.
    Those are just somethings I think are more ISFP.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're crazy

Look at the way she types... everything is T. No ISFp has such a detached manner of speaking and such a specific view of love. They feel love and relate the feeling of it. The way she speaks is like she is frightened of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last question
    How did you guys decide I was a Sensor?
    That dimension is the most difficult for me to type in other people as well.

Thanks! Now I'll try to break my ISTp habits!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last question
    How did you guys decide I was a Sensor?
    That dimension is the most difficult for me to type in other people as well.

Thanks! Now I'll try to break my ISTp habits!
    OK, so you're an ISTP. As for the sensor part, a lot of what you said sounded like it related to Introveted Sensing. Telling the diffrence between S/N is easier once you realized how diffrent people act. You shouldn't think of it linearly like E/I, S/N, T/F, J/P. That is one of the reasons people don't like MBTI. Also, how you described your mannerisms sounded ISxP to me. This is what I wrote before:

ISTP
    ISTPs have predominant, peircing eyes. When they are concentrating on something their eyes have a "crazy", alert look in them. ISTPs can be big and muscular or slender, but even the slender ones will have a strong looking frame. The more confident ones stand straight up with head held high. They will have a half-way self-confident smirk on their lips. The lazy ISTPs will show little emotion and indiffrence on their face. The always look like they are about to hijack a car or hit a bong. They stand slouched over most of the time. When they walk it looks llike they are gliding on the floor.

ISFP
    ISFPs have big eyes much like the ISTPs, but they radiate warmth instead of wildness. Most of the time ISFPs will have a giant, cheesy smile across their face; but it is always sincere. In fact, some ISFPs may smile more than any other type. They are often in their own comfort zone, oblivious to the world around them. Because of this they will do things like dance in a random place or punch and kick at the air. A lot of people find this funny, and this will attract attention to the ISFP, although that wasn't their goal. If you either make an ISFP laugh or show surprise their body will jump around for an instant; arms and legs flailing around. It looks like someone shocked them in the back with a taser. From a distance it may look like an ISFP doesn't show much emotion, but that changes if you try to get to know them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Why Si?

Why Si?

Si interests (or potential interests):

*kickboxing
    *make-over shows
    *oil painting

You are aware of how your body responds in typical situations, that beautiful oainting you chose as your avatar, not much Ni stuff present, scattered but not scatterbrained lol (no offense to the INTps).

The way you are projects a lot of Si. I find it calming.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

//

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Avatar

Very interesting point... I so much like Pedro's oppinion on the oilpainting avatar... makes me aware of why I chose mine as well.

As a Ne I would probably go for an avatar that won't force to remove reality from it first to understand it (Cartoons go well), and preferrently one that would invite to a multiplicity of meanings. (The reasons that wont make pedro choose this avatar in particular, are more Fi's "fault" )

Avatar V.I. can help ^^; nice extra tool, (if we're sure the subject took it's time to choose it of course)
    Balzac

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont know many ISFps but from what I know of ISTps is that they can be very stubborn once they've decided something. I would imagine you could get ISFps to do all kinds of things against their better judgment in order to please. ISTps are not very big on pleasing everyone. The ISTps I know dress conservatively and neat, with well fitted clothes. Some dress kind of drab, lots of black or grey or very basic understated clothes. This makes them very difficult to pick out of a crowd. The few ISFps I know dress in brighter, more fashion oriented clothing. They seem to like parties and hanging out with people alot more and being apart of whats going on but they let their extraverted friends take the lead in socializing, they laugh alot and egg them on, even getting them into trouble.
    IMHO
    Topaz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, Introverted Sensing?

So I know I need to do more research on this, but...

MBTI it says I'm Se. (as my secondary function). And both say I'm an ISTP... Do the other functions of this system balance it out to reconcile this Si/Se difference?
    (or do you hate talking about MBTI? )

With socionics, do you just use the dominant function to type?
    ...ISTP...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, Introverted Sensing?

So I know I need to do more research on this, but...

MBTI it says I'm Se. (as my secondary function). And both say I'm an ISTP... Do the other functions of this system balance it out to reconcile this Si/Se difference?
    (or do you hate talking about MBTI? )

With socionics, do you just use the dominant function to type?
    In socionics ISTp has strong Si and Se but they reside at differnt "locations" in the psyche and you have the ability to sontrol them to a different extent based upon where they "reside." Study the Model A and see what you can learn from it. Just for reference an ISTp's function "order" in the model A is Si Te Ni Fe Ne Fi Se Ti. Put those functions in sections 1 - 8 and see how it describes you. For descriptions of the functions go here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How did you all decide on the j/p for this one? I'd say ISTP for mbti, but could be ISTj for socionics (even though j/p is decided differently for each). I don't think not respecting deadlines or being a klutz would be enough to qualify as perceiving, that takes blatant laziness and irresponsibility.

I would provide the proof, but I am too lazy to find the exact paragraphs on the profiles for ISTj and quote phrases form the original message.
    So I don't have to keep repeating it: (75%I 60%N 87%T 82%P)
    socionics: xNTp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTjs tend to not describe themselves as chatotic, absent-minded, ditzy and so forth. ISTjs also tend to have much more formal speech patterns and project a more "serious" and controlled type image. She has a lot of Si in her posts as opposed to Se. I better watch my words because I have Se as PoLR so I am bound to say something supid about it but she doesn't convey the will power and force component that I tend to associate with Se. She projects more of a "lazy hedonism" that is characteristic of people with Si. She "couldn't wait" to find her type. If an ISTj decides to do something generally they will follow through on the premeditated course of action no matter whether their desire calls for more or not. All Js do something similar to this, myself included. Also many ISTjs would prefer to become familiar with a system like socionics first and make a determination about themselves and then verify it but Ps tend to not care so long as they get the correct information. This is the difference between Ti and Te in the ISTxs. Ti needs to understand the system as a system first see if it holds water and then make determinations with it. I dunno exactly for Te but I would suspect they would be able to bypass this aspect and see whether or not the information gathered is workable and if it is they put it to use regardless of whether or not it has been reasoned out as an independent logical system first.