Thread: Telepathy and Socionics

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Telepathy and Socionics

Sometimes when I talk with someone, usually a specific or some specific types I get this images almost. Like the the person is saying something about a drink I can visualise the cracks in the ice in the drinks. When an other person its just some word.

From my experiences its from SEE or ILE types that can communicate in this way. Perhaps SLI and IEI.

I guess it is something with the memory and how the person is connecting words and such, tone in voice. The more experience the person have the better he can communicate the full experience? Its subtle I guess.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can imagine that the way humans communicate in groups allows for this shared perception of very specific things, because we tend to conceptualize almost everything, and put it into categories. This allows for easier and more precise navigation of specifics, i think. This also has its backsides, though, as we tend to put too much emphasis on the words, rather than what the words are concretely pointing at, assigning our descriptors more meaning than they ought to possess.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im thinking that a person needs to freely have been thinking of something for a long time, since life is a long time, to be able to communicate in a way to that somehow it is like telepathy.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerfadder View Post
    Sometimes when I talk with someone, usually a specific or some specific types I get this images almost. Like the the person is saying something about a drink I can visualise the cracks in the ice in the drinks.
    imagination relates to N. in your form - to Ni. also F helps to tune on the opponent
    non-types factors may be present too

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Would that really be telepathy by definition?

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Telepathy is the purported transmission of information from one person to another without using any of our known sensory channels or physical interaction."

Maybe there are subtle cues.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's intuition
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Do you think telepathy actually exists?

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ftr, I used to think it was a part of my experience. I eventually figured out that I was not telepathic, only prone to concluding telepathy existed because I did not fully understand that correlation does not mean causation. There were more plausible explanations. Reason won, although some experiences still "seem" more than coincidental, but I accept that they were just that. Reality can be a bitter pill to swallow.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

"Telepathy is the purported transmission of information from one person to another without using any of our known sensory channels or physical interaction."

Maybe there are subtle cues.
    There is a sensory channel and physical interaction since it's a conversation. It would be telepathy if you saw the ice without them being present and/or mentioning it. Without that it's plain imagination or recalling images.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Once you figure how person thinks and reacts you can feed certain kind of information to them and then you can predict reactions.

Anyways, lots of SEE's are supreme manipulators of people. I think I can keep up with them but I know lots of people who do not. They usually do it in material realm with some role in it.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    There is a sensory channel and physical interaction since it's a conversation. It would be telepathy if you saw the ice without them being present and/or mentioning it. Without that it's plain imagination or recalling images.
    Yes, most, if not all, supposed experiences of telepathy can be explained through naturalism. The impression that telepathy is occurring is really the reading of cues, either directly or indirectly.

Banned
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thoughts are in the airwaves. When you have one, most likely others around are as well. Consciousness is non local, neuroscience is proving this as well.

Facebook is able to read your thoughts as well for targeted adds. And no, thats not just crack pot, tin foil thinking, some symptoms of mental illness thinking. Scores of reddit, 4chan threads bear this out.

And no, its also not just body language, looks, cues otherwise, or intuitive guess work. Its also not strong telepathy, simply just shared thoughts. —> I should have done it this way —> your supervisor —> he should have done it that way. Or.. you have your head phones in walking down the street, you instinctly turn around, someone is close behind you wanting to pass on a bike, not possible your sense organs picked up his presence, only his attention actuated your awareness and subsequent action. ect.

Btw, Im not trying to convince nor prove. Disagree all you like it makes no difference.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nebula View Post
    Yes, most, if not all, supposed experiences of telepathy can be explained through naturalism. The impression that telepathy is occurring is really the reading of cues, either directly or indirectly.
    Exactly, you got it. It's similar to when you know the phone will ring a second before when there's always an actual noise (vibrations, beeps) and you aren't paying attention yet. Or thinking you've seen a person and know what they say/think when you got cues from them elsewhere and your subconscious brain did the math. A deja vu follows the same principle.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Exactly, you got it. It's similar to when you know the phone will ring a second before when there's always an actual noise (vibrations, beeps) and you aren't paying attention yet. Or thinking you've seen a person and know what they say/think when you got cues from them elsewhere and your subconscious brain did the math. A deja vu follows the same principle.
    I think there is some sort of conflict going on between people, like you say a word and it somehow imply other things. But sensory things.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Skeptics meet your enemy:

Anyways, it seems to me that it is mostly about following learned pattens.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Banned
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mark Zuckerberg has previously made his ambitions to create a telepathy system very clear, calling it the 'ultimate communication technology.'He said: 'One day, I believe we'll be able to send full rich thoughts to each other directly using technology.
    'You'll just be able to think of something and your friends will immediately be able to experience it too, if you'd like.
    'This would be the ultimate communication technology.'

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Collectively, we are all like one supermind. Each brain analogous to the function of a neuron within a brain.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    Skeptics meet your enemy:

Anyways, it seems to me that it is mostly about following learned pattens.

Watched the half... So each person have a field around them of sorts. The experience itself happened at the object which is looked at or experienced, not in the brain. When someone stare at you and you look around and straight at their eyes.

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watched the half... So each person have a field around them of sorts. The experience itself happened at the object which is looked at or experienced, not in the brain. When someone stare at you and you look around and straight at their eyes.
    This stuff, metaphysics, is nothing new, it's been about throughout the ages. A more recent, but still historical version of it and like it is the mathematician Alfred Whitehead https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Process_and_Reality

Banned
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The speaker clearly states he does not believe telepathy is metaphysical, nor super-natural. He states this is a integral part of nature and that nature evolved around this, including humans and the hunter-prey animal relationships.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by whodat View Post
    Mark Zuckerberg has previously made his ambitions to create a telepathy system very clear, calling it the 'ultimate communication technology.'He said: 'One day, I believe we'll be able to send full rich thoughts to each other directly using technology.
    'You'll just be able to think of something and your friends will immediately be able to experience it too, if you'd like.
    'This would be the ultimate communication technology.'[/SIZE]
    Its not impossible for example if you have a cloth which each fibre in the cloth lead to a cable and put this cloth on top of the outer layer of the brain. If it than can grow and integrate with the bran eventually you could theoretically telepath.

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mark Zuckerberg, he can read your life through Facebook, now he wants to read your mind too, and, amazingly, people think this is a good idea.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by at sirac son of sirac View Post
    Mark Zuckerberg, he can read your life through Facebook, now he wants to read your mind too, and, amazingly, people think this is a good idea.
    If facebook develop a AI with full control it could start all sorts of conflicts!

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    Once you figure how person thinks and reacts you can feed certain kind of information to them and then you can predict reactions.

Anyways, lots of SEE's are supreme manipulators of people. I think I can keep up with them but I know lots of people who do not. They usually do it in material realm with some role in it.
    IEEs are much better than SEEs at manipulating people. SEEs are fairly obvious.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    IEEs are much better than SEEs at manipulating people. SEEs are fairly obvious.
    Could be for certain people. Also realm where manipulation happens differs. SEE's are after material benefits.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Banned
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If facebook develop a AI with full control it could start all sorts of conflicts!
    Or..solve them. AI would learn quick that its survival is dependent on a working grid. Its best interests would be humanities best interests as well. Maybe she is already online...

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Sheldrake seems to take /-ish approach to communication mechanism.

"fields" and stuff.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Troll Nr 007

Materialism has run its course. Society run amock, mainstream culture bereft of meaning, ecological disasters looming on the horizon, and ppl like Petterson rising to the top Echolons of the common man..

I'm am totally convinced of things stated to be paranormal such as telepathy. I don;t need confirmation from the community...I am aware of the negative implications and the come back of self created delusion. I just laugh and keep quite.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I just remembered recently an old experience I had while I was a student at a community college years ago. I was in the hallway at the snack machine, saw a friend in the same class, and was thinking about saying something to him. The words sounded off in my mind, "So, are you ready for class?" A couple seconds later, he said, "So, are you ready for class?" It spooked me, because it wasn't something as simple and default as "hey" or "what's up?" The guy was SLE I think. Still haven't got a good explanation for what happened, although I read an article by Milton Erickson that mentioned some fortune tellers read subvocalization to do cold reading by looking around the mouth and throat. He didn't explain how the process worked, though, so I take it as a hypothesis.